PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 114 Discussion: Tim Drake vs Jason Todd - There can only be one

KingJinzo
17th July 2016, 03:37 PM
After Yuya's victory over Kachidoki, Yuzu drags him to where Yusho is. However, they miss the ship where Yusho and Asuka are sailing on. Speaking of Yusho, Dennis catches up to him, while Kaito catches up to Dennis. He tells Yusho and Dennis that Yuya manages to egao Edo Phoenix. Dennis starts an Entertainment Duel with Kaito, a duel between Yusho's two students, with Kaito as the "Heel" (remember Gongenzaka?). Apparently, Asuka hasn't seen Pendulum Summon prior to the basement invasion before.

Dennis Fusion Summons Performage Trapeze Force Witch, the Black Magicican Girl to Trapeze Magician, but not as weak. His Joker and Harley Quinn Duo manage to reduce Kaito's Life Points down to 200. Then Kaito uses Little Fairy to drop a RUM Searcher and he Ranks Up Galaxy-Eyes to summon Neo-Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon (4500 ATK). Its effect is an even stronger variant of the original Cipher Dragon's. With 10,000 ATK, it brings Kaito's victory over Dennis.

As a nice gesture, Yusho applaudes to the duel. Rather than joining Yusho's side, Dennis tells him and Kaito where Ruri and Rin are, and then he cards himself.

At the end of the episode, Yuya and co. meet Serena and she has a ship prepared for them.

Preview:

-Yuya and co. are on a pirate ship.
-Two mooks with a helicopter appear.

My prediction:
Yuzu and Serena tag duel next episode.

Destiny91
17th July 2016, 04:34 PM
The fact that the new Galaxy-Eyes has more ATK than RDA Tyrant really pisses me off.
But well, it was a good episode anyway.

LolsterXD97
17th July 2016, 04:39 PM
Serena egaoing so much seems wrong.

King
17th July 2016, 05:28 PM
The fact that the new Galaxy-Eyes has more ATK than RDA Tyrant really pisses me off.

RDA Tyrant is easier to summon.

Kaito could get a decent RUM Searcher in few episodes, while Shun couldn't get one around 100 Episodes.

KingJinzo
17th July 2016, 06:53 PM
Serena egaoing so much seems wrong.

You can give your thanks to Yugo and Yuya.

- - - Updated - - -

Kaito could get a decent RUM Searcher in few episodes, while Kurosaki couldn't get one around 100 Episodes.
Well, that's the advantage of being a ZEXAL veteran. The irony is that Neo-Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon is more similar to Neo-Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon if it comes to summoning it.

Dyson Sphere
17th July 2016, 07:10 PM
i'm hoping cipher stranger is a machine so it can mesh with my Rank 9 deck

Comun
17th July 2016, 08:14 PM
Dennis death was really sad. The guy just kept betraying everyone until he felt like he had nowhere left to come back to. It's painful to see my favorite character go down like that.

NassX
17th July 2016, 08:19 PM
Kaito already had "cipher interfere" in his hand during his first turn since he drew little fairy in his second turn. He could've at least showed some guts to otk on the first turn

Eternalight
17th July 2016, 08:48 PM
Welp, I thought that Cipher Blade Dragon will be the one that came out.
Will that Cipher RUM be the LIGHT version of PK RUM or something like that? I wonder.
Daym, what Dennis decided to do at the end.. didn't see that coming.

It seems that Serena didn't need saving after all.

marsh381
17th July 2016, 09:32 PM
So, anyone else notice Yusho's weird proportions at the end when he caught Dennis's card? Like damn, he's straight up deformed in that one scene lol.

yshipster
18th July 2016, 12:18 AM
Pretty nice duel, and mostly because of the Soundtrack. They finally used the good Soundtrack from seasons 1 and 2 again. Yay!

The end though was definitely unexpected. But it would have been strange as well, if Kaito would have Egao'd Dennis, so I'm fine with it.

However, Dennis has a Performage Fusion. Did not expect that.

Sanokal
18th July 2016, 06:18 AM
So, anyone else notice Yusho's weird proportions at the end when he caught Dennis's card? Like damn, he's straight up deformed in that one scene lol.

The worst shot in Yu-Gi-Oh! history. I didn't think that it was possible to trump DM.

- - - Updated - - -

It's always been like that. Red Nova Dragon had 3500 ATK; Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon had 4500.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
18th July 2016, 06:55 AM
Honestly, Kaito really didn't need to take part in this duel. I love the guy, but come on, give Asuka some damn spotlight. It was focused on Dennis' character anyways, so it didn't matter who his opponent was.

Tyrant shares Scar-Red Nova's ATK.
Neo Cipher shares Neo Photon's ATK. It's not ill-fitting.

Kaito already had "cipher interfere" in his hand during his first turn since he drew little fairy in his second turn. He could've at least showed some guts to otk on the first turn

He would have OTK'd turn 1 if Dennis didn't have Entermage String Figure. He had 6000 damage even without Interfere (though Dennis could have made it 4500 with a Pendulum effect).

yshipster
18th July 2016, 11:49 AM
Honestly, Kaito really didn't need to take part in this duel. I love the guy, but come on, give Asuka some damn spotlight. It was focused on Dennis' character anyways, so it didn't matter who his opponent was.

Tyrant shares Scar-Red Nova's ATK.
Neo Cipher shares Neo Photon's ATK. It's not ill-fitting.

He would have OTK'd turn 1 if Dennis didn't have Entermage String Figure. He had 6000 damage even without Interfere (though Dennis could have made it 4500 with a Pendulum effect).

The monster you steal with Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon cannot attack directly, so it would have been 6000 with a direct attack combined with Interfere, which would have been halved to 3000. Although Kaito couldn't know it, he had no chance to OTK Dennis.

TheMohZone
18th July 2016, 12:12 PM

no he couldn't.

Kaito couldn't have OTKed Dennis because, even in anime land, if you steal a monster with Cipher Dragon, only the real Cipher Dragon can attack directly.

Kaito should have dropped Interfere anyway, because as far as he knew he was only going to do 3000 damage that turn with the way he went about it. (In reality it was 1500 due to Bubble Gardna, but with Interfere he could have done the full 3000) And then String Figure obviously made even that impossible get.

In reality the best move to make would have been to attack Trapeze Magician and, with Bubble Gardna in play, do 250 damage. From there Dennis would have had to normal String Figure and Pendulum Damage Juggler, Fuse for Trapeze Force Witch and then...pretty much lose as the best he could do is attack Cipher Dragon, which would live due to Cipher Deterrent, meaning only his monster would die, and then watch as Cipher Dragon goes to 4800 attack points due to Deterrent. Then Kaito could just Normal Little Fairy and attack in for game, or just do what he actually did in the episode and Rank Up to Neo. And after all this, Dennis Hand would be empty, meaning he was pretty boned no matter what went down, even if he survived, unless he top decked into something like....idk, Pot of Greed and got Ancient Gear Chaos Fusion and Poly off its draw, and even with that he could only fuse for Ultimate Hound Dog, not Chaos Giant, which wouldn't be enough by a long shot. But as it stands, Kaito didn't kill Trapeze, which was the best case scenario for Dennis, and he was still doomed.

Dennis wasn't joking, he had Kaito outplayed for most of that duel, once Kaito made the misplay of not getting rid of Trapeze Magician. Kinda shows when he's the first person to do serious damage to Kaito. and for Kaito to make that play, he would have had to have been psychic.

But of course Kaito just had bigger guns to pull. If Dennis didn't have Data on Neo, he must be the first person to make Kaito use it. Not bad for a guy who's only won a solo duel against Yuzu.

...i put way too much thought into this.

yshipster
18th July 2016, 04:04 PM
no he couldn't.

Kaito couldn't have OTKed Dennis because, even in anime land, if you steal a monster with Cipher Dragon, only the real Cipher Dragon can attack directly.

Kaito should have dropped Interfere anyway, because as far as he knew he was only going to do 3000 damage that turn with the way he went about it. (In reality it was 1500 due to Bubble Gardna, but with Interfere he could have done the full 3000) And then String Figure obviously made even that impossible get.

In reality the best move to make would have been to attack Trapeze Magician and, with Bubble Gardna in play, do 250 damage. From there Dennis would have had to normal String Figure and Pendulum Damage Juggler, Fuse for Trapeze Force Witch and then...pretty much lose as the best he could do is attack Cipher Dragon, which would live due to Cipher Deterrent, meaning only his monster would die, and then watch as Cipher Dragon goes to 4800 attack points due to Deterrent. Then Kaito could just Normal Little Fairy and attack in for game, or just do what he actually did in the episode and Rank Up to Neo. And after all this, Dennis Hand would be empty, meaning he was pretty boned no matter what went down, even if he survived, unless he top decked into something like....idk, Pot of Greed and got Ancient Gear Chaos Fusion and Poly off its draw, and even with that he could only fuse for Ultimate Hound Dog, not Chaos Giant, which wouldn't be enough by a long shot. But as it stands, Kaito didn't kill Trapeze, which was the best case scenario for Dennis, and he was still doomed.

Dennis wasn't joking, he had Kaito outplayed for most of that duel, once Kaito made the misplay of not getting rid of Trapeze Magician. Kinda shows when he's the first person to do serious damage to Kaito. and for Kaito to make that play, he would have had to have been psychic.

But of course Kaito just had bigger guns to pull. If Dennis didn't have Data on Neo, he must be the first person to make Kaito use it. Not bad for a guy who's only won a solo duel against Yuzu.

...i put way too much thought into this.

By "in reality" you still mean "in anime", don't you? :D Trapeze Magician floats in reality...

Also Dennis just didn't know Little Fairy, but he never said he didn't know Neo Galaxy-Eyes. He just was surprised that Kaito was able to get his RUM and Interfere to OTK him, since he most likely expected that, if he had Interfere already, he would have played it in his first turn (like most of us).

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
18th July 2016, 05:16 PM
For some reason I was under the impression anime Cipher Dragon didn't have the "cannot attack directly" restriction.

Bloodclown
18th July 2016, 06:16 PM
This episode was kind of bad...
1. I feel Dennis should've had more then just his perfomages. (Like have him start out with ancient gear making him seem bad, and finish off with his perfomage XYZ and fusion to show some changes)
2. There was absolutely no need for Kite to duel, and if he dueled there was no reason for him to summon a monster like that in a duel that wasn't really important(Could've saved it for a more climatic moment).
3. I feel like Dennis should've been talked into joining and finally accepting, then something climatic happens like he's warped back to academia and placed in front of the professor/Yuri who cards him.(Having someone on board a spy having witnessed his failure)

Don't get me wrong though Dennis doing himself in was still good.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
18th July 2016, 07:02 PM
Neo Cipher was underwhelming on pretty much every level except its effect. I'm saying this as a diehard Galaxy-Eyes fetishist. Its design wasn't great, its summoning animation was too tame, the context of the duel wasn't hype enough, even the attack names were just copy pasted from its base form. On the other hand, when Neo Photon showed up, the duel was never boring.

Sanokal
18th July 2016, 07:10 PM
On the other hand, when I realised that Cipher Interfere was about to come out, I whooped for joy.

KingKaash
19th July 2016, 01:36 AM
Wow lots of surprises I wasn't expecting. They could've brought more hype to this duel but still it was good enough. Neo Cipher was not expected at all and it's animation was good IMO and it's effect is good too.

Finally Dennis gets his Performage Fusion! And String Figure is good for Starve Venom in a DARK deck, if String Figure is ever made into a card.

I'm glad that Dennis didn't join the Lancers but sad that he had to go out like that. By carding yourself, you're still helping the Professor and that card machine of his. But I guess Dennis didn't care.

I don't trust Selena smiling so much either. Even when she was with the Lancers, she was tough. And what happened to Barrett? But it's great that now the focus will be on all 4 of the Yuzus it seems.

Lastly, aside from the tower guardians and Yuri, the Professor has like no strong soldiers left.

Zarkiel
19th July 2016, 01:55 AM
So hopefully that rank up magic on't just be for ciphers. It would be really cool to be able to run rank ups with galaxy decks.

Baconator
19th July 2016, 04:14 AM
So hopefully that rank up magic on't just be for ciphers. It would be really cool to be able to run rank ups with galaxy decks.

Would it really be worth it when you can already just summon them on top of each other?

Zarkiel
19th July 2016, 04:24 AM
Would it really be worth it when you can already just summon them on top of each other?

yeah, but having more options always helps. It would be neat to be able to summon neo galaxy eyes tachyon dragon. Of course, they could make the rank up card give a power up to the summoned monster to give an incentive to playing it.