PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 115 Discussion: Random GX Duel, Good and Relevant Plot Twists

KingJinzo
24th July 2016, 03:16 PM
"To stop the marriage between Rin & Ruri with the Professor's son Reiji Akaba", Yuya and his pals are heading towards Academia with the help of a pirate named Captain "Han D." Solo. However, there is a plot twist here. Serena betrays the Lancers and captures Yuzu and they use a helicopter to fly away. Gongenzaka and Sawatari are demoted to extra while the pirate captain challenges Yuya to card him.

Well, the duel is as random as almost any duel in GX (and no Kozmo). What this duel demonstrates us again is that Yuya still relies too much on Action Cards, and it bites him in the ass. Captain Solo introduces another semi-broken card, a Fusion Monster named Captain Lock. Fitting to his name, he's a Level Roku (6) Monster with the ability to lock the opponent from playing monsters from the hand. However, there is another good plot twist.
As Yuya's stunt to pull an Action Card almost kills again, Crow, Reiji and Reira save him. Tsukikage appears out of nowhere and saves Gongenzaka and Sawatari. Sora joins Yuya's duel and he avoids Captain Solo's summoning and Fusion Summons Haken Kraken. With Yuya's Trap Card, he defeats the Captain. Thanks to Tsukikage, the pirates are unable to follow the Lancers. Speaking of Lancers, with Sora and Crow in the team, we got plenty of strength. But... where... is... JACK ATLAS?!

Preview:

-Kaito duels the guardian woman of the West Tower.
-Yugo duels the guardian dude of the East Tower.
-Clear Wings and Galaxy-Eyes Cipher will appear. (Which is not a spoiler because it's obvious.)

LolsterXD97
24th July 2016, 03:22 PM
Better we get a Saiou Takuma cameo as the one who brainwashed the girls or I will flip tables. Also, better the bracelet girls do slasher smiles from now on.

KingJinzo
24th July 2016, 03:35 PM
Better we get a Takuma Saiou cameo as the one who brainwashed the girls or I will flip tables. Also, better the bracelet girls do slasher smiles from now on.
Well, that happens once every series.

Destiny91
24th July 2016, 04:41 PM
Totally ready for the Speedroid hype.
Also, I hope they make Reiji duel soon.
And, at least from what I undestood, the ones that were left protecting the City were Tokumatsu and Shinji, nothing was said about Jack, so there's a chance he will show up sometime soon.

NassX
24th July 2016, 05:36 PM
They could've let gongezaka or sawatari duel ffs. Yuya duels everyone and is always locked and needs action cards. Even performapal seel eel (pendulum effect negaes the effect of a monster) would have let yuya otk that pirate. I guess they only introduce new performapals in duels that really have some plot development.
Some clich stuff with yuzu and yuya being together again for like 10 minutes
Serena's brainwash/mind control (said by someone last week that she was smiling too much and something would've happen)
New death-toy without the Dark-attribute
Anyway, going on the preview; how did yugo find out where rin was? he wasn't there when Yushou, kaito and asuka were on the boat. I hope they don't make him magically appear on the tower without some explanation..

HelixReactor
24th July 2016, 07:08 PM
While there were some solid plot elements today, I can't help but feel that this episode was... boring.
It might be just me needing to readapt to Gx's... Gxiness, but I don't think it mixed very well with the current setting. Or maybe it didn't go as far in the over-the-top as it could've? To me, the whole thing just felt oddly slow-paced, and somewhat dull.

As expected considering the upcoming episode previews, Serena turned against the Lancers, most likely because of brainwashing, although this time it doesn't seem to be working the same as way as with Roger's mind control chips, which were turning the Security people emotionless. Her going full Egao was a nice fake-out. Then again, as already mentionned, it was so unnatural from her part that it couldn't be anything but a warning signal.

So... Do the roller blades give any speed boost to Yuya? Sure, they let him do new stunts and all, but at some point, it looked like walking would be much faster o.o

It's good to see the remaining Lancers finally coming back. I could've lived without Crow, but now that he's here, hopefully Jack will come back soon too. It's also good to know that Shinji was left in Synchro. Hopefully, we won't have to see him again.
Also, at some point, I was thinking Reiji won't be having a single line in this episode, considering how silent he was while driving >.<

False_Revelation
24th July 2016, 09:33 PM
Reiji has his duel disk which as far as we've seen means he will be dueling in a few episodes. (like 1 or 2 but this time it might be 3 or 4)
Even if he does, there's really no one that could actually make it entertaining so it might just be another Roger duel.
Its sad to think that yuya is the best duelist reiji has dueled so far. And is the only one thats actually "come close to beating him."

KingJinzo
25th July 2016, 10:02 AM
Reiji has his Duel Disk which as far as we've seen means he will be dueling in a few episodes. (like 1 or 2, but this time it might be 3 or 4)
Even if he does, there's really no one that could actually make it entertaining so it might just be another Roget duel.
It's sad to think thatYyuya is the best duelist Reiji has dueled so far. And is the only one thats actually "come close to beating him."

Well, Reiji is basically the best combination between Kaiba and Atem. He has the power of Kaiba, but the variety of Atem. He at least gives us new stuff everytime he duels and he doesn't need to spam the same monster over and over again to win a duel. (Not even Atem spammed Dark Magician that much, especially in Battle City, where he used him in only three out of nine duels.)

NassX
25th July 2016, 02:56 PM
I'm calling it. Right after yugo finds out what's wrong with rin after their duel Yuri is gonna show up and duel yugo (without interruptions this time). It's the last thing that is missing from the new intro. We already got the towers explained

Bloodclown
25th July 2016, 06:48 PM
I'm calling it. Right after yugo finds out what's wrong with rin after their duel Yuri is gonna show up and duel yugo (without interruptions this time). It's the last thing that is missing from the new intro. We already got the towers explained

Da bull Yugo is going to get absorbed for plot hype.

NassX
25th July 2016, 07:05 PM
Da bull Yugo is going to get absorbed for plot hype.

I hope he gives a good duel at least

Bloodclown
25th July 2016, 08:40 PM
I hope he gives a good duel at least

Since the Yugo fanboys are the most vocal it's going to be a good duel. Expect Yuri to control the duel for the most part for like 60% of it, then Yugo finally pulls off some 5ds looking comeback(Might get his manga dragon Fast Dragon or something), and crystal wing at the same time pushing yuri into a hole from which will give Yuri some character development(Fighting a decent opponent), to which he then has to take the duel completely serious and sets up a Zexal level shenanigans.

Dyson Sphere
25th July 2016, 09:54 PM
if that happens i hope the duel gets fleshed out and predator plants become an "archetype" and get enough support

LolsterXD97
25th July 2016, 10:52 PM
if that happens i hope the duel gets fleshed out and predator plants become an "archetype" and get enough support

They are already an Archetype. Predator Planter specifically lists "Predator Plant".

Sanokal
26th July 2016, 12:36 AM
They are already an Archetype. Predator Planter specifically lists "Predator Plant".

In the TCG/OCG he means; as of now there isn't any "Predator Plant" support in it since Planter is still anime-only at this point.

KingKaash
26th July 2016, 01:20 AM
Not a bad episode. At least we get an explanation for Serena's sudden change (and likely foreshadow of Rin and Ruri getting the same treatment). I lol'd when Tsukikage just pops out from that post as if he'd been there the whole time. And on top of being a Dueling prodigy, Reiji is a great speed boat captain as well.

As for the future episodes, it absolutely sucks that Kaito and Yugo are gonna have to share an episode while dueling. Couldn't they each get an episode for themselves? Anyways, both Kaito and Yugo are undefeated on-screen. And it seems like both will get past the Tower Guardians so that we get on-screen views of Ruri and Rin because the focus is now on the 4 Yuzus. I have to expect that both Kaito and Yugo have to lose soon. Yugo may lose to a brainwashed Rin because he can't possibly duel against his best friend. Or Yuri may come in and set up a good fight. The only reason I expect Kaito to lose is because I can't see Ruri being saved by anyone else other than Kurosaki. I just have no idea who the Professor has left that can actually take down Kaito. Ruri would have to have a pretty strong deck to do the job

Volteccer
26th July 2016, 02:01 AM

Technically, but you can't really make a deck out of them, nor would a deck that tried to use them have a coherent strategy. Chimerafflesia would at least give you something akin to a hybrid option.

KingJinzo
26th July 2016, 04:01 PM
As for the future episodes, it absolutely sucks that Kaito and Yugo are gonna have to share an episode while dueling. Couldn't they each get an episode for themselves? Anyways, both Kaito and Yugo are undefeated on-screen. And it seems like both will get past the Tower Guardians so that we get on-screen views of Ruri and Rin because the focus is now on the 4 Yuzus. I have to expect that both Kaito and Yugo have to lose soon. Yugo may lose to a brainwashed Rin because he can't possibly duel against his best friend. Or Yuri may come in and set up a good fight. The only reason I expect Kaito to lose is because I can't see Ruri being saved by anyone else other than Kurosaki. I just have no idea who the Professor has left that can actually take down Kaito. Ruri would have to have a pretty strong deck to do the job
Well, I don't see Apollo and Diana as interesting (reminds me a bit of the Legendary Number Guardians), and since duels in ARC-V aren't that long (this episode alone had only three turns, with everyone having one each), I think it's okay. We don't need the same episode twice. I'm more hyped about Rin and Ruri anyway.

DelCtrl
26th July 2016, 04:10 PM
I just hope that Rin and Ruri will duel, but at the same time I don't want their duels to be a disappointment like some of past duels I got hyped for *looks at Roger's duel*

King
26th July 2016, 06:49 PM
I hope Serana really betrayed the Lancers. Mindwashing sounds too simple, her betrayal may trigger another direction to the plot. Talking about the duel Yuya could have won without Sora's aid, he just needed to activate Odd-Eyes End Phase Effect, then, Pendulum next turn.

About the next duel, i think it will be just another stun/lockdown duel.

NassX
26th July 2016, 06:53 PM
I hope Serana really betrayed the Lancers. Mindwashing sounds too simple, her betrayal may trigger another direction to the plot. Talking about the duel Yuya could have won without Sora's aid, he just needed to activate Odd-Eyes End Phase Effect, then, Pendulum next turn.

odd-eyes pendulum effect is different in the anime

Volteccer
26th July 2016, 06:54 PM
Talking about the duel Yuya could have won without Sora's aid, he just needed to activate Odd-Eyes End Phase Effect, then, Pendulum next turn.

Odd-Eyes has a different pendulum effect in the anime, one that reduces battle damage.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

King
26th July 2016, 07:02 PM
He jus' have first effect, what a shame. For somone who beat Jack and Edo his acting was so lame. Yuya is too dependant on Action Cards.

Dyson Sphere
27th July 2016, 01:12 AM
I just hope that Rin and Ruri will duel, but at the same time I don't want their duels to be a disappointment like some of past duels I got hyped for *looks at Roger's duel*

inb4 they use ancient gears as well

Sanokal
27th July 2016, 06:08 AM

Odd-Eyes doesn't have the searching effect in the anime.
Lethargic ninja. Sorry King.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
27th July 2016, 07:06 PM
Wait, what plot twist?

This episode was fucking stupid on every level, but I admit it was a little funny. I've accepted that Arc-V has pretty much shit the bed, so I'm just along for the ride.

False_Revelation
27th July 2016, 07:20 PM
All this time we've had kurosaki. RR have alllll this support but he kurosaki got switched out for kaito. Kaito's here but cipher isnt getting any support...
Kurosaki didnt rely on one card to win. Kaito clearly relies on gecd. Not only that but he summons it the same way every duel. What was the point of even introducing cipher?????? Even with the few cards it has, cipher is better than photon. Cipher only has like 4 monsters tho(not counting the extra deck). Why not make cipher/galaxy???(new galaxy cards)
Cipher cards dont just support gecd. They support any cipher xyz....but we only have 2....
I dont see the point of creating something if you have no intention of supporting it.
Cipher just might be another one of those half assed archtypes konami makes. (metalphosis, igknights, dinomists, buster blader, destiny hero, red-jack's cards, photon, lunalight-MAYBE, cryston-maybe in the future, galaxy, red eyes, gemini, cardian-_-, cubic, tramid, and there are A LOT more)
I know im gonna get a lot of heat for this so just remember this is my opinion. Try not to let your feelings get hurt :l

KingKaash
28th July 2016, 02:34 AM
Wait, what plot twist?

This episode was fucking stupid on every level, but I admit it was a little funny. I've accepted that Arc-V has pretty much shit the bed, so I'm just along for the ride.

This is true. Arc-V was doing really well during the Standard and Synchro Dimension. But since then it's kinda come down to Earth. It's that ZeXal stank it got from going through the Xyz Dimension lol. But of course I'm still going to watch

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
28th July 2016, 10:12 PM
This is true. Arc-V was doing really well during the Standard and Synchro Dimension. But since then it's kinda come down to Earth. It's that ZeXal stank it got from going through the Xyz Dimension lol. But of course I'm still going to watch

Synchro dimension wasn't good. They blew off so many characters and wasted potential plot points brought up. It had its moments, but the overall arc was subpar, and everything after Synchro has been a continuation thereof.

KingKaash
29th July 2016, 01:42 AM
Synchro dimension wasn't good. They blew off so many characters and wasted potential plot points brought up. It had its moments, but the overall arc was subpar, and everything after Synchro has been a continuation thereof.

Well when I say good, I meant the pace at which the plot was going. It was slow for sure but the rate it is going at now is too fast for me. And the Synchro plot was relatively interesting to me. Figuring out Roger's background was intriguing to me.

The place where it all began to fall apart for me was when Roger turned out to be a weakling and then the Lancers get split up. I believe that was Episode 99-100. From there it's all gone downhill in terms of rate of progression and actual story substance

King
29th July 2016, 02:18 AM
Xyz Dimension was just to highlight Kaito.