PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 116 Discussion: Sun and Moon

KingJinzo
31st July 2016, 10:27 AM
To rescue Cure Windy and Cure Egret (how they split into two people is a mystery) from the fangs of Labyrinth (even though they are from a different series), Funny-Yuya and ZEXAL-Kaiba go to the towers where the sun rises and where the sun sets down. Funny-Yuya faces the male version of Eas, while ZEXAL-Kaiba faces the female version of Westar. That's my obligatory Pretty Cure joke.

Nothing spoiler-tag-worthy this episode.

Anyway, the episode starts with Yugo being teleported to Academia, and he lands with his D-Wheel in the middle of a class lecture. Thankfully, the floors are wide enough that he don't run anyone over with his D-Wheel and his driving skills. Next to the Professor is an old man and his hair looks a lot like Goodwin's. He seems to be responsible for manipulating the girls. And he has a spider motif, apparently...

Yusho, Asuka and Kaito arrive at Academia and Yugo meets them, so he could learn about the two towers. The Lancers are on the way to arrive to the island and they talk about the plot. Thanks to Sora, we get a wonderful and sad shot of all four Bracelet Girls.

Kaito duels Diana and Yugo duels Apollo. Those two guardians are so unimportant, they don't get actual faces. There is nothing unique to them. They basically use the same monster with almost the same effect, only of the opposite sex and different Fusion Materials, and they run the same Trap Card. Of course, Yugo and Kaito do the unpredictable and summon their ace monsters in their first turn like they've never done that. Both guardians try to seal the effects of the two dragons and stall the duel, only with Apollo using a burn strategy, while Diana uses a recovery strategy. However, both, Yugo and Kaito use the same strategy: clearing the Tokens from the board with their dragons and then upgrading their dragons in the middle of the Battle Phase. Both end the duel in an epic way, especially Kaito with his Neo-Galaxy-Eyes and Galaxy-Eyes double attack. So yeah, Solgaleo and Lunala don't last a single round.

We finally see Ruri and Rin. Ruri meets Kaito, and Rin and Yugo are reunited and she goes full tsundere on him. But since you know what is going on, yeah... THAT SMILE IS FUCKING CREEPY!! That and Yugo's face are definitely going to be memes.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/32655e2a90e8db40ba7c87be400130bc/tumblr_ob6cyiY17A1upn9yco1_r1_1280.png

Now for the preview:

-Kurosaki has finally recovered and he and Edo meet with Kaito. Apparently, Kurosaki will duel Ruri.
-Rin duels Yugo and she is "infect with what I call the Fusion virus". Uhh...
-Edo does his smug faces from the first GX season 2 episodes before he went full emo.

EmperorShun
31st July 2016, 12:05 PM
This episode was not that interesting. New SR cards are ok, the person next to the Professor reminds me of Sartorius...
But the preview...oh boy

Shun is back with Edo? damn. Also more RR cards with the duel with Ruri (I wouldnt hold my hopes, no Shun cards confirmed for raging Tempest)
Seems like Rin is playing a mix of Meklord (art wise) and Butterspy-esque-speedroids.
Also Ruri is playing Ice cards (lets hope for Rio's cards someday).

I am a bit hyped for many new cards, finally a few ep without Yuya and his circus...

KingJinzo
31st July 2016, 12:37 PM
This episode was not that interesting. New SR cards are ok, the person next to the Professor reminds me of Saiou...
But the preview...oh boy

Kurosaki is back with Edo? damn. Also more RR cards with the duel with Ruri (I wouldnt hold my hopes, no Kurosaki cards confirmed for raging Tempest)
Seems like Rin is playing a mix of Meklord (art wise) and Butterspy-esque-speedroids.
Also Ruri is playing Ice cards (lets hope for Rio's cards someday).

I am a bit hyped for many new cards, finally a few ep without Yuya and his circus...

Stop hating the main character.

LolsterXD97
31st July 2016, 02:27 PM
-Holy shit, did Ruri just push Kaito off the tower and Rin destroy Yugo's D-Wheel in the preview?
-Calling it, the Fusion Parasite card is the method that Godwin expy uses to control the girls.
-Rin's Fusion really looks like a Meklord. And did the other monster belong to Ruri or Rin?
About the episode itself, nothing to say, the mooks lasted just 1 round but at least we got another Speedroid searcher and the finishing moves were epic.

EmperorShun
31st July 2016, 04:27 PM
Stop hating the main character.

I never said I hate him. He just got too much duels in the last months for my taste... Im just happy we get to see more cards from other characters that actually need more (i.e. Speedorids). Sorry if I spelled it like I hate him :/

KingJinzo
31st July 2016, 04:36 PM
I never said I hate him. He just got too much duels in the last months for my taste... Im just happy we get to see more cards from other characters that actually need more (i.e. Speedorids). Sorry if I spelled it like I hate him :/

Well, he is the main character, of course he duels a lot. But you have to admit that he was in center of the whole Yuya-Yusho-Edo plot, he had a history with Kachidoki, and he had to deal with Kaito. He didn't do much in the pirate episode, the spotlight was given to Sora instead.

XBrain130
31st July 2016, 04:41 PM
I'm the only one who thinks Rin's face from the preview looked really sultry?

Because I couldn't help drawing her with that face as she banged with Yugo.

Destiny91
31st July 2016, 04:41 PM
The 2 new Speedroid cards are great, I hope Konami won't nerf "Speedroid Scratch" and change the Effect of the Tuner a bit so it doesn't depend on luck.

KingJinzo
31st July 2016, 04:44 PM
I'm the only one who thinks Rin's face from the preview looked really sultry?

Because I couldn't help drawing her with that face as she banged with Yugo.

I guess she really loves the taste of his banana.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
31st July 2016, 05:09 PM
This episode was pointlessness incarnate. We really should have skipped over these duels entirely and gotten straight to the Ruris. Although I admit the flashiness of Neo Cipher Dragon and Cipher Dragon dancing in the sky together was really pretty.

yshipster
31st July 2016, 06:17 PM
Nothing to say about this episode, as already stated, only the new supports and the finishing moves were noteworthy, as well as the final scenes and the preview, because they gave us some story development. Also lots of scary faces this episode.

And the effect of Parasite Fusioner (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Parasite_Fusioner) is actually pretty good in many decks, just combine it with One for One (finally good D-HERO and Predator Plant support?)

KingJinzo
31st July 2016, 06:42 PM
This episode was pointlessness incarnate. We really should have skipped over these duels entirely and gotten straight to the Ruris. Although I admit the flashiness of Neo Cipher Dragon and Cipher Dragon dancing in the sky together was really pretty.

We got new cards and epic moments in this episode, as well as some build up.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
31st July 2016, 07:13 PM
We got new cards and epic moments in this episode, as well as some build up.
You can have flashy duels that are actually related to the plot. Kaito is still spamming Cipher Wings, and while his new RUM is nice, he needs an actual main deck. Sora's explanation of the Ruris amount to what we already know. Yugo gets two cards; admittedly one is VERY good but the other is just a gimmick to allow him to drop a Crystal Wing during the BP and OTK.

KingJinzo
31st July 2016, 07:39 PM
And the effect of Parasite Fusioner (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Parasite_Fusioner) is actually pretty good in many decks, just combine it with One for One (finally good D-HERO and Predator Plant support?)

I'd put this in my Melodious deck if this card retains its anime effect.

XBrain130
31st July 2016, 09:09 PM
I'd put this in my Melodious deck if this card retains its anime effect.

It doesn't work in Melodious.

KingJinzo
31st July 2016, 09:26 PM
It doesn't work in Melodious.

Why shouldn't it?

XBrain130
31st July 2016, 09:43 PM
It requires using itself for the Fusion, and Melodious Fusions require Melodious Materials. Even if it its a substitute material, it can't replace Materials listed by archetype.

LolsterXD97
31st July 2016, 09:45 PM

Yay, indirect Starve Venom support. This could actually end in Fusion Enforcers as one of the extra cards like the Goyos in HSR.

Zarkiel
31st July 2016, 11:49 PM
This and the last episode have been meh. Hopefully we can stop having the random fusion duels now and get on with the better duels. I'm hoping yugo gets a new boss monster or we get odd eyes clear/wing dragon.

Destiny91
1st August 2016, 12:43 AM
Since Yugo had Speed Turn in his hand during this duel, I hope they actually print it.

King
1st August 2016, 01:53 AM
Yugo wanna be Meta at all costs.

Destiny91
1st August 2016, 02:11 AM
Yugo wanna be Meta at all costs.

Well, he got a way to search Speedroids other than Terrortop. It's still far from meta, but at least it is something.

LolsterXD97
1st August 2016, 02:16 AM
Well, he got a way to search Speedroids other than Terrortop. It's still far from meta, but at least it is something.

Scratch literally solved the entire problem with Speedroids: Top Deck Terrortop or die. On another note, hyped for what Rin plays, that Synchro (?) in the preview looked really cute (the one before the evil Fusion).

King
1st August 2016, 02:24 AM
Will the Yuzus use Hybrid Extra ?

LolsterXD97
1st August 2016, 02:34 AM
Will the Yuzus use Hybrid Extra ?

Rin and Ruri probably will (via Parasite Fusioner), because Yuzu and Serena already have Fusions.

King
1st August 2016, 02:42 AM
Rin and Ruri probably will (via Parasite Fusioner), because Yuzu and Serena already have Fusions.

Its about time to have more Characters with this feature.

KingJinzo
1st August 2016, 06:07 AM
It's still a bit awful to have one specific Fusion Material, especially if it's an Extra Deck monster. Parasite Fusioner should not be nerfed.

Volteccer
1st August 2016, 12:53 PM
It's still a bit awful to have one specific Fusion Material, especially if it's an Extra Deck monster. Parasite Fusioner should not be nerfed.

It should be able to be used as any material for any fusion monster, regardless if it's asking for name, type, attribute, or archetype.

yshipster
1st August 2016, 02:29 PM

In the anime, such substitute cards can also replace non-specific materials. Though tha'll be changed if it gets printed.

Never die
1st August 2016, 02:55 PM
So Kaito in this episode defeated his nemesis which he could not best in the previous series,The Moon.

yyythefuchs
1st August 2016, 05:04 PM
There is a small detail about 'Ryo Marufuji' at the board of the classroom that Yugo popped in. Hope Kaiser will be back.

Baconator
1st August 2016, 06:22 PM
So Kaito in this episode defeated his nemesis which he could not best in the previous series,The Moon.

Oh my god you're right.

yshipster
1st August 2016, 06:33 PM

Took me way too long 'til I got it...

pyrQ
1st August 2016, 08:24 PM
There is a small detail about 'Ryo Marufuji' at the board of the classroom that Yugo popped in. Hope Kaiser will be back.

Seems more like a reference/easter egg to me, but who knows maybe we'll see Kaiser.

Never die
1st August 2016, 09:23 PM

Oh you are right,if only i could understand what it says.http://image.prntscr.com/image/ee3d30fdd71c41759aaa5173b3bfafcf.png

King
1st August 2016, 09:34 PM
Oh you are right,if only i could understand what it says.http://image.prntscr.com/image/ee3d30fdd71c41759aaa5173b3bfafcf.png

If Hell Kaiser comes back busting Cyber Dragon, this show will be the best Yugioh known to man.

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
1st August 2016, 09:36 PM
Iugggghhh Shun the next wee

Never die
1st August 2016, 10:45 PM
If Hell Kaiser comes back busting Cyber Dragon this show will be the best Yugioh known to man.

Agreed if only.But then again with the luck yuya has,i expect Kaiser to appear just to beat him up and ruin his next reunion with Yuzu lol.

King
2nd August 2016, 02:06 AM
Agreed if only.But then again with the luck yuya has,i expect Kaiser to appear just to beat him up and ruin his next reunion with Yuzu lol.

Just picture how dangerous Cyber Dragons can be with new Support.

NassX
2nd August 2016, 02:07 AM
Kaiser would OTK yuya so hard. I would love to see him again

KingKaash
2nd August 2016, 03:32 AM
Average episode but I can deal with the quickness of this episode when I see that Apollo and Diana aren't real threats. Crystal Wings attack reminded me of Stardust like it usually does while the Ciphers were a thing of beauty while the light shined on Kaito.

I think there's an obvious reason that Sora had the dialogue to go over what he thinks Leo Akaba wants. Sora, like all of the characters, has the theory that Leo is after the Yuzus to unlock something. But many of us audience feel that this thinking of the characters is flawed and that Leo's true aim is to unite the 4 Yus. Leo knows that Yusho is in Academia and wants to show him the "truth" whatever that is. I do question whether Leo knows of Yuya's inner darkness and if that's why he's trying to unite the 4 Yus. If Berserk Darkness Yuya is extremely powerfull, why would Leo want to unleash a threat to him like that? Unless maybe Leo can control Berserk Yuya. So the guessing game continues which is one of the biggest draws to this show

The next episode has major hype. That monster Rin brings out looks strong to me. Maybe she really is better than Yugo. Plus Yugo's visor is broken so looks like there's going to be carnage.

On the flip side, the oft angry Shun duels his little sister. Let's see if the ruthlessness of either him or Kaito remains against the lovely Ruri. Also Yuto seems to have the least attachment to his girl. Shun obviously and even Kaito have a stronger connection than Yuto. Maybe because Yuto is just a soul now but still.

yshipster
2nd August 2016, 08:46 AM
Just picture how dangerous Cyber Dragons can be with new Support.

If you look at the new support cards the rivals from the previous shows, Jack Atlas and Edo Phoenix, got, new Cyber support for a possible reappearing (though it is very unlikely) Kaiser won't change anything, I guess.

KingJinzo
2nd August 2016, 06:45 PM
http://image.prntscr.com/image/ee3d30fdd71c41759aaa5173b3bfafcf.png
Do you notice how all the stupids have completely blank notes? Apparently, Osiris Red students are so bad at school, they haven't learn how to write.

Archsorcerer
2nd August 2016, 08:42 PM
Man, even in the Fusion dimension they are advised that using Poly is a bad idea.

What does it say on the left about DD monsters?

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
2nd August 2016, 11:08 PM
Do you notice how all the stupids have completely blank notes? Apparently, Osiris Red students are so bad at school, they haven't learn how to write.

Maybe since they blew all the budget on Crystal Wing and Cipher Dragons, they couldn't afford to draw the text in their notebooks.

LolsterXD97
2nd August 2016, 11:29 PM
Man, even in the Fusion dimension they are advised that using Poly is a bad idea.

What does it say on the left about DD monsters?

What I could identify from that image is:
DD Crow (dunno if it is a typo of D.D Crow).
Chimeratech Overdragon.
Chimeratech Rampage Dragon.
Gatling Dragon.

Ans btw, the Poly with the negative symbol on it was there because the example the professor showed was that the Fusion Summon would be a failure if one of the AG Dogs was destroyed with Raigeki Break.

Archsorcerer
2nd August 2016, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the response.

KingKaash
3rd August 2016, 01:02 AM

The odd thing is that Academia students are technically the smartest people in all 4 dimensions. Because the Academia curriculum includes teaching about the other summoning methods. Therefore, Academia students know about Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum (and Ritual). Whereas as other dimension inhabitants only know of their dimension's summoning method and don't even know others exist until intervention occurs (Sora teaching Yuzu Fusion or Roger bringing Fusion to the Synchro dimension).

Also I wouldn't say Poly is bad because that was in regard to Raigeki Break, but it's also odd that Academia users don't use another summoning method to go along with Fusion despite having knowledge of them all. Maybe writers want to keep the Academia characters pure as only Fusion users. Maybe they have too much pride in their Fusion. Maybe Synchros don't work well with Fusion and Xyz are from hated scum. But variety would be nice

LolsterXD97
3rd August 2016, 01:27 AM
The odd thing is that Academia students are technically the smartest people in all 4 dimensions. Because the Academia curriculum includes teaching about the other summoning methods. Therefore, Academia students know about Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum (and Ritual). Whereas as other dimension inhabitants only know of their dimension's summoning method and don't even know others exist until intervention occurs (Sora teaching Yuzu Fusion or Roger bringing Fusion to the Synchro dimension).

Also I wouldn't say Poly is bad because that was in regard to Raigeki Break, but it's also odd that Academia users don't use another summoning method to go along with Fusion despite having knowledge of them all. Maybe writers want to keep the Academia characters pure as only Fusion users. Maybe they have too much pride in their Fusion. Maybe Synchros don't work well with Fusion and Xyz are from hated scum. But variety would be nice

Seeing how smug they are, the students probably don't want to use "inferior" methods. Take for example when Sora called Shun Xyz Scum, or when he gave no fucks about Dueling Yaiba, because he wasn't an Xyz (the ones he hunts) or Fusion (to prove that he is superior) user like Hokuto and Masumi. Although I bet Leo will use all the methods as a symbol of him wanting to join the 4 Dimensions.

Sanokal
3rd August 2016, 03:34 AM
Maybe since they blew all the budget on Crystal Wing and Cipher Dragons, they couldn't afford to draw the text in their notebooks.

Crystal Wing was largely recycled; it wouldn't have contributed.

False_Revelation
3rd August 2016, 09:22 PM
Seeing how smug they are, the students probably don't want to use "inferior" methods. Take for example when Sora called Shun Xyz Scum, or when he gave no fucks about Dueling Yaiba, because he wasn't an Xyz (the ones he hunts) or Fusion (to prove that he is superior) user like Hokuto and Masumi. Although I bet Leo will use all the methods as a symbol of him wanting to join the 4 Dimensions.

For some reason i feel like Leo will use DD. But his DDDs will all have like 4000(rounding down) attack. It would make sense to show how much higher he is than everyone else. I know there were qliphort and infernoid rumors tho

Sanokal
4th August 2016, 01:32 AM
For some reason i feel like Leo will use DD. But his DDDs will all have like 4000(rounding down) attack. It would make sense to show how much higher he is than everyone else. I know there were qliphort and infernoid rumors tho

They can't use them; it wouldn't make any sense based on the lores of the cards.

LolsterXD97
4th August 2016, 01:36 AM

Like I said in another thread: Sacred Beast retrains. He fuses Traps for new!Uria, he tunes Spells for new!Hamon, and finally he overlays 3 Level 10 Fiends for new!Raviel. That would be badass. Leo using D/Ds would be very lackluster, because these are Reiji's Deck.

KingKaash
4th August 2016, 02:05 AM
Like I said in another thread: Sacred Beast retrains. He fuses Traps for new!Uria, he tunes Spells for new!Hamon, and finally he overlays 3 Level 10 Fiends for new!Raviel. That would be badass. Leo using D/Ds would be very lackluster, because these are Reiji's Deck.

This would be insanely creative! I'd love to see that go down. Each of the new!Sacred Beast would have to have really strong effects though. Something ridiculous like new!Hamon saying "Neither player can Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck, except Synchro monsters" would be crippling enough. That would still keep Reiji, Reira and Yuya in play for a duel that focuses on all types of summoning methods

Sanokal
4th August 2016, 03:54 AM

...I honestly don't remember if you set those parameters last time you mentioned this, because that sounds cool as hell!

LolsterXD97
4th August 2016, 04:02 AM
...I honestly don't remember if you set those parameters last time you mentioned this, because that sounds cool as hell!

I didn't, but thought of them after remembering what I said in that thread.

Baroque
5th August 2016, 10:45 PM

His design makes me want to think he'll use Shaddoll.
His sons' cards make me dread that he might use Alcoholics Anonymous (A/A).

I'm hoping that they don't hit him with the Dartz stick (like with Don Thousand).

J. D. Guy
7th August 2016, 03:31 AM
I'm hoping that they don't hit him with the Dartz stick (like with Don Thousand).

What do you mean? :(

I loved their Duels, and their Decks.

LolsterXD97
7th August 2016, 03:41 AM

They both only Dueled 1 time.

EDIT: Correction, Donny Dueled 2 times.

King
7th August 2016, 04:43 AM
Either have a deck unfit to TCG/OCG Standards. But when it comes its nerfed at the Extreme.

Baroque
7th August 2016, 05:20 AM

Basically, in more words, 'Hideously Unbalanced Final Boss Card Syndrome' -- of note, the vast majority of the cards either directly associated with Dartz or otherwise in any way produced by Don Thousand tend towards the 'stupidly unbalanced' side of things. Geh and Ci1000 in particular are sort of the poster children of this, in fact.

The reason I hope they don't take that route with Leo is that while that makes for 'zomaigar epic duelz' where the protagonists triumph over nearly impossible odds . . . well, that just plain doesn't appeal to me. Such duels typically cease to be about the heroes skillfully (or luckily) getting out of a scrape like most other duels (even amidst the glut of protagonists pulling out cards as the plot demands), and instead become a battle of pure plot armor, wherein he who pulls the most bullshit out of their ass wins. Good design gets thrown under a bus in favor of pure drama. Plus, as King explained, such cards as theirs inevitably are unfit for normal use, and thus typically either get radically changed just to become remotely usable (again, Geh is the prime example, though Sephylon could also be cited) or else flat-out never see the light of day (see 'anything Don Thousand used' or 'any Timelord that isn't Sephylon or Metaion').

It just doesn't sit well with me -- I feel it devalues the final battle and is a waste of the designers' time and effort.

J. D. Guy
7th August 2016, 10:22 AM
Basically, in more words, 'Hideously Unbalanced Final Boss Card Syndrome' -- of note, the vast majority of the cards either directly associated with Dartz or otherwise in any way produced by Don Thousand tend towards the 'stupidly unbalanced' side of things. Geh and Ci1000 in particular are sort of the poster children of this, in fact.

The reason I hope they don't take that route with Leo is that while that makes for 'zomaigar epic duelz' where the protagonists triumph over nearly impossible odds . . . well, that just plain doesn't appeal to me. Such duels typically cease to be about the heroes skillfully (or luckily) getting out of a scrape like most other duels (even amidst the glut of protagonists pulling out cards as the plot demands), and instead become a battle of pure plot armor, wherein he who pulls the most bullshit out of their ass wins. Good design gets thrown under a bus in favor of pure drama. Plus, as King explained, such cards as theirs inevitably are unfit for normal use, and thus typically either get radically changed just to become remotely usable (again, Geh is the prime example, though Sephylon could also be cited) or else flat-out never see the light of day (see 'anything Don Thousand used' or 'any Timelord that isn't Sephylon or Metaion').

It just doesn't sit well with me -- I feel it devalues the final battle and is a waste of the designers' time and effort.

Kinda sad to hear that they don't really appeal to you.

Still, I do enjoy those kinds of Duels (I like pretty much any form a Duel can take, except for off-screen or abridged ones; those I really can't stand).

We don't really get those kinds of Duels too often, anyway, and so I do feel that they are worth the time and effort put into them for the scant few times that we do get them.

Divine Serpent and Ci1000 aren't the only high-end, over-the-top style cards from the Anime or Manga that we see throughout its course, so I'm not really taken aback by it. The real-life translation of the cards is one thing, but that's not new also, nor exclusive to those kinds of cards (they've gotten better overall with translating them while keeping most of the thematic aesthetics it had in the Anime/Manga), and while they can be hit-or-miss, for me, that isn't enough for me to hate them or wish them to no longer exist. I guess my biggest contention would be the lack of their Deck's seeing the light of day, but they aren't exclusive to that problem, and the available space for their products has always been an issue, even in this day and age that sees more Anime/Manga stuff than ever.

Still, thank you for explaining it to me. I appreciate it, especially the cordial way you did so. :)