PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 119 DIscussion - Raiding Birds vs Singing Birds - Brother & Sisteri

KingJinzo
21st August 2016, 10:42 AM
Last Thursday, Bakura lost in final match of the Kalos League against Yuya for no reason other than bullshit writing and status quo. After all the build up of Bakura finally winning an official League tournament that is canon to the games, he still loses after 19 years and 930 episodes yet again. Six times in a row! Bakura's goal was to win that tournament, while Yuya's motivation was to simply fight Bakura. At least he was romantically motivated, since he wanted to bring Kotori her egao back.

Speaking of Kotori, Ruri is described as the little bird sibling to Kurosaki's big raptor. We learn that Kurosaki is actually the Shinigami (substitute) Ichigo Kurosaki and he merely used the "Shun" part of Shunpo (Flash Step) to disguise himself. And Ruri is actually Yuzu Kurosaki, and Rin is her younger twin sister Karin. And Kurosaki married the tellarknight girl whose favorite card is Vega.

Okay, enough of the references. Here's the real "review". Kurosaki finally arrives after two weeks on top of the stairs, where Ruri is standing in front of Diana who is laying unconsciously after being hit by two Streams. The recap actually added how Kaito told Edo to contact Yugo.
Kurosaki meets his sister again and they hug each other like any YGO sibling pair does. Yep. Like a couple. (It gives me such vibes, but it's definitively platonic.) Kaito arrives there as well and obviously distrust the brainwashed girl. The flying things in the sky have cameras in it. The doctor has fun of enjoying the show, while the Professor gives zero fucks about how evil the girls are now, and the doctor commands Ruri to attack Kurosaki. Kurosaki being, you know, Kurosaki, he dodges. Ruri continues to look evil, maybe even more hardcore than Rin. But other than Rin, who didn't get good characterization with the brainwashing, Ruri is shown to have already existing inner frustration with her Nii-san. (Giving her formal speech pattern, "Onii-chan" would be too adorable and out of character.) She uses like Rin the Yuri-Duel Disk and challenges Kurosaki the Lancer.

Kurosaki uses two Xyz Materials to summon Rise Falcon in his first turn again and then sets a card. Ruri calls out for the obvious trap and is not bothered of attacking Rise Falcon. Instead, she summons five Level 1 monster in her first turn and Xyz Summon Lyrical Luscinia - Assembly Nightingale. The Lyrical Luscinia are Winged-Beasts; the Main Deck monsters are apparently little lolis cosplaying as birds and have a very similar naming pattern with the Crystal Beasts. The archetype represents the bird kanji "Chou" of the Kachou Fuugetsu principle, completing the theme of the Bracelet Girls. And singing is of course part of their music theme. Lusciniae are a genus of singing birds, which fits, but I don't see enough music with them.
Back to Assembly Nightingale. She gains 100 ATK for each Over Ray Unit attack to her and can and attack directly up to the number of attached Over Ray Units. And interesting strategy and she already inflicts the same damage as Rin did with her Burn damage, except Ruri does it in her first turn and not throughout the entire duel.
Kurosaki ranks up Rise Falcon to Blaze Falcon, but with new and flashier animation. Of course, Assembly Nightingale has defensive effects as well to protect herself from destruction and to negate Battle Damage, but at the cost of two ORUs at the end, as each effect needs one ORU. Of course, Blaze Falcon's ORU effect has never worked in the anime, only the one that involves direct attacking. But this time, Kurosaki doesn't attack direct.
As expected, after Ruri attacks with Assembly Nightingale three times directly, she uses a Quick-Spell to summon the Parasite Fusioner and Fusion Summons Independent Nightingale. She increases her Level up to 4 and gains 500xLevel ATK, boosting her ATK from 1000 up to 3000. She somehow forgot that Kurosaki had the obvious Trap, and he used it to protect his Blaze Falcon. Although she then negates Blaze Falcon's effect with another Spell Card, similar like Rin did with Clear Wing.
We get a flashback of Ruri dueling Sayaka and losing to her. Sayaka wanted to give Ruri her Little Fairy, but Kurosaki slapped it out of her hand. However,

Kaito gave Kurosaki the Little Fairy right before the duel started, and Kurosaki draws her, using her effect to increase her Level up to 5. Then Kurosaki uses the Spell Card Cross Xyz, something that allows him to use Little Fairy and Blaze Falcon as Xyz Materials for the Cross Xyz Summon for Étrange Falcon. Then, Kurosaki uses its Volcasaur effect on Independent Nightingale, and the brainwashed Ruri attempts to use Parasite Fusioner's effect to protect her Fusion Monster, but the spirit of the real Ruri prevents the evil girl from activating it, causing her to lose her monster and 3000 Life Points. The real Ruri takes over and declares at her brother to finish the duel, which he does by attacking Ruri directly. (So, Étrange Falcon is essentially Utopia Ray V.) The doctor is amused by the results, while the Professor still doesn't care. We still don't know if Ruri has still the parasite in her brains.

Meanwhile at the Survival Duel,
we see how Ultra Hyper Strong Duelist Sawatari ran away from Battle Beast and fall from the cliff, which explains his scream from last episode. Super Hyper Ultra Strong Duelist Sawatari meets up with Crow and they start to duel Jacob and Emma. But before Great Super Hyper Ultra Strong Duelist Sawatari can even begin the very first turn, Battle Beast intrudes the duel, but he doesn't comes out of the bush.

An overall good episode. We get more infos on Ruri, we got to see her duel, but also the clash between her good and evil sides. Kurosaki doesn't disappoint. After all, he is a Shinigami and a soccer player who can run really fast and has a shot named Falcon Shot. Oh right, the soccer player was Shun Nitta, not Kurosaki. But it could have been better. I fell more from Yugo vs Rin, but Ruri got more characterization and she has more willpower.

Preview:

-Crow attacking Sawatari with Raikiri and damages Great Super Hyper Ultra Strong Duelist Sawatari's D-Disk.
-Sanders ranting or yelling.
-Yuya and Gongenzaka dueling Battle Beast, a.k.a. BB. BB sounds lame.

EmperorShun
21st August 2016, 11:05 AM
I will shamelessly copy this from the other thread:

Oh my god that episode.

At first I thaught there will be no more RR cards other then that Trap and Shun will win with Revolution Falcon. But NO SIR. The Cross-overlay (is this Digimon now?) was followed by an Nerdgasm over the new RR! I just have to be a fanboy at this point. And that "CROSS XYZ SHOKAN" was balls. It gives me the SHIVERIU.

Other then that Ruri theme is swarming (like her brothers deck) and focused on summoning the Xyz which needs 5 xyz material(!) but can attack directly 5 times with 100 atk points per xyz material (500). Imagine this with some Atk boost. Truly scary, because it can protect itself by detaching 1 overlay unit. We got "some" flashback, but we've already seen that in the preview.

In between the duel we got some footage of SUPER HYPER STRONG DUELIST SHINGO and pals. And confirmation that the Battle Beast uses Glad beats. The preview was kinda what we already know of the preview summary.

LOOK AT IT

This looks like an Angel from Evangelion.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqYBywJUkAEWJIq.jpg

Charly Ruri Raptors
21st August 2016, 11:54 AM
" The archetype represents the bird kanji "Chou" of the Kachou Fuugetsu principle, completing the theme of the Bracelet Girls. And singing is of course part of their music theme. Lusciniae are a genus of singing birds, which fits, but I don't see enough music with them".

Could you elaborate on this? I thougth the musical theme was the only thing in common among the girls deck.

pyrQ
21st August 2016, 12:31 PM
So, summoning Odd-Eyes Rebellion irl (using Xiangke Magician) is actually a "Cross Xyz" summon? In the anime Yuya gives levels to Dark Rebellion so it's a bit different.
Liked this episode. Kurosaki SHUNpo, Kurosaki stairs, Kurosaki the meme master never disappoints. Also, Great Super Hyper Ultra Strong Duelist (Neo New) Sawatari is safe, he just fell off a cliff.

KingJinzo
21st August 2016, 12:31 PM
" The archetype represents the bird kanji "Chou" of the Kachou Fuugetsu principle, completing the theme of the Bracelet Girls. And singing is of course part of their music theme. Lusciniae are a genus of singing birds, which fits, but I don't see enough music with them".

Could you elaborate on this? I thougth the musical theme was the only thing in common among the girls deck.

https://forums.ygorganization.com/showthread.php/808-Kachou-Fuugetsu-(The-decks-of-the-four-Yuzus)

Eternalight
21st August 2016, 03:13 PM
The best thing for me in this episode is Leo Akaba's expression.
He's like.. "Damn, why did I hire this guy again? Oh, right. He can brainwash people and things. But man, he's getting annoying."

Shun, seriously, stop Rise Falcon turn one like a noob. You got Force Strix, remember?

I didn't expect we'll get another rank 5 RR this soon. I thought at least they'll reveal the rank 7 (or maybe 9) first. But another rank 5 is really nice. Because sometimes when I play (pure casual) RR and in a situation I can summon a rank 5 RR, it's not really a good situation to summon Blaze Falcon.

That Vega (Orihime) reference though. Man, you know a lot of things, KingJinzo.

Dyson Sphere
21st August 2016, 03:41 PM
The best thing for me in this episode is Leo Akaba's expression.
He's like.. "Damn, why did I hire this guy again? Oh, right. He can brainwash people and things. But man, he's getting annoying."

Shun, seriously, stop Rise Falcon turn one like a noob. You got Force Strix, remember?

I didn't expect we'll get another rank 5 RR this soon. I thought at least they'll reveal the rank 7 (or maybe 9) first. But another rank 5 is really nice. Because sometimes when I play (pure casual) RR and in a situation I can summon a rank 5 RR, it's not really a good situation to summon Blaze Falcon.

That Vega (Orihime) reference though. Man, you know a lot of things, KingJinzo.

do the writers even remember that card? cause if they did shun could easily double force strix right there

HelixReactor
21st August 2016, 03:48 PM
Oh boy, this episode was intense; I love it!

Once again, Ruri proves herself to be the best Yuzu (even though it's technically her first episode where she actually gets to do anything, but my Ruri bias is too strong to care o3o ). I'm not really fond of how her Main Deck monsters look like, but they seem to do their job pretty well, so heh. Also, I'm really curious to see that duel against Sayaka; I can't process the fact that Ruri lost to her!

Speaking of Sayaka, seems like her Little Fairy saving the day everytime is a regular thing now <.<

Hurray for more Falcons for Shun, but it would've been better in my eyes if they filled the Rank 7 and 9 spots for the Falcon line first, and have Étrange be a Strix or an Eagle instead, but that's just a minor detail. A bit annoyed that it's yet another Volcasaurus though, but I assume it has something else up its sleeve.

While having Ruri snapping out of it to prevent Evil!Ruri from letting Parasite Fusioner doing its job is nice and all, as it is written on the wiki, Parasite Fusioner's desruction prevention effect as an Equip Card is mandatory.. But again, details, details :P

In any case, neither Leo nor Bugwin seem to care about that. I really, really hope the Parasite inside Ruri's head is gone for good now, 'cause it'd be really awful for her character devolpment to have her fall into Academia's control again just because the plot demands it...

Shame we have to fully go back to the Survival Duel story now.

On that regard, I guess there isn't much to talk about, except that I'm hyped for Gladiator Beasts, and that Sawatari's still alive, and that he's now one "Master" away from having his title include the names of all the classic Pokéball upgrades. Also pretty curious to see how things will be going for him once his Duel Disk breaks.

KingJinzo
21st August 2016, 05:27 PM
The Professor is like "Just because I let innocent people be carded by my army and I order my agents to capture four girls and I make them things do that I want by brainwashing them, I'm not evil." Well, he's not a good guy either, but he doesn't enjoy evil.

ScionStorm
21st August 2016, 05:32 PM
Initial thought on Ruri's monsters: All I can see in Sparrow and Swallow are a bunch of anthropomorphic Pidgeys and Tailow. :P

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
21st August 2016, 06:34 PM
Negative Nancy reporting for duty.

So firstly, let me say that I didn't expect Shun to win. But in theory, the parasite could still be in her head and shit could go down. That being said, apparently the power of incest is greater than the power of childhood friend romance. Incest is wincest, I suppose. So I'm not sure what to make of the parasite from a logical standpoint. Rin and Serena had no resistance at all, but Ruri was able to implicitly throw the duel. And despite the deliberate action on Ruri's part, it still reflects poorly when you lose your first on screen duel, and this was only magnified to the fact that she lost to fucking SAYAKA. Remember, the girl who forgot the effect of her utterly trash ace monster? On the other hand, Shun has had an awful record ever since his duel with Crow, so even if he had lost, it would still be problematic. Having them tie addresses neither issue really. At this point, I think that they've written themselves into a corner to the point that no matter what they do, they can't handle their characters well.

Another thing I can't help but point out is how unemotional the whole sequence was. The peak was really just Shun's final direct attack. One of the things I love about the franchise as a whole is how hammy and over the top characters can get, but in this case, the tension was rather low. It might have helped to have made the duel longer than one episode-- instead of featuring irrelevant villains like Kachidoki, Apollo and Diana, and Battle Beast. Very poor screentime management. I can't help but think that at the very least, Yuto should have been namedropped, or flashed-back to, because having him actually involved is obviously too much to as for. I'd also like to point out that the animation was fucking abysmal.

KingJinzo
21st August 2016, 07:32 PM
There is also that reference: When Ruri attacks Kurosaki five times directly and she counts up from 2 to 5 (NIDAIME! SANDAIME! YONDAIME! GODAIME!), it's a reference to Kurosaki doing the same with Satellite Cannon Falcon's effect during his duel with Dennis.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
21st August 2016, 07:39 PM
Question: Why wasn't Haou Koku Ryu considered a "Cross Xyz Summon"?

HelixReactor
21st August 2016, 07:50 PM
Question: Why wasn't Haou Koku Ryu considered a "Cross Xyz"?

Comparing Sōkoku and XXyz's anime texts on the wiki, I guess it's because XXyz "transforms" the Xyz's Rank into a Level, while Sōkoku just "adds" a Level to the Xyz Monster in addition to its Rank?

KingJinzo
21st August 2016, 08:33 PM
Question: Why wasn't Haou Kokuryu considered a "Cross Xyz Summon"?

To quote Yuya and Kurosaki:

Yuya: "I overlay my [two] Level 7 [dragons]"
Kurosaki: "I overlay my Level 5 Little Fairy and my Rank 5 Blaze Falcon".

Dark Rebellion doesn't have a Rank anymore when Xiangke's effect is used on it.

So firstly, let me say that I didn't expect Kurosaki to win. But in theory, the parasite could still be in her head and shit could go down. That being said, apparently the power of incest is greater than the power of childhood friend romance. Incest is wincest, I suppose. So I'm not sure what to make of the parasite from a logical standpoint. Rin and Serena had no resistance at all, but Ruri was able to implicitly throw the duel. And despite the deliberate action on Ruri's part, it still reflects poorly when you lose your first on screen duel, and this was only magnified to the fact that she lost to fucking SAYAKA. Remember, the girl who forgot the effect of her utterly trash ace monster? On the other hand, Kurosaki has had an awful record ever since his duel with Crow, so even if he had lost, it would still be problematic. Having them tie addresses neither issue really. At this point, I think that they've written themselves into a corner to the point that no matter what they do, they can't handle their characters well.

From what I understand is that Ruri is not a good duelist and her brother said that she cannot do anything without him, so she already had a bad track record to begin with. Her fighting against the Parasite shows that her will is very strong, something that Yuto already mentioned, and that she prefers to lose a duel rather than using evil powers to defeat her brother.

Independent Nightingale reflects how she wishes to become strong without her brother, but unfortunately, not the way she actually wants to. I think we get to see more of her becoming independent, but in a good way. Rin was already established as a strong duelist when Yugo dueled Serena, so Rin winning makes more sense than Ruri. Since Ruri believes in Yusho's philosophy, I guess that she is more determined to help people despite her being weak, so her will is strong, I guess. The only I can explain how Rin was determined to defeat Yugo and why she didn't try to fight the Parasite was because of the competetive environment they grew up from. City was extremely harsh and competetive, and both, Yugo and Rin wanted to enter the Friendship Cup, despite the common knowledge of the Underground Facility. So they were not only risking their lives to win the tournament, but also to throw other peole to the underground as well. There would be the point where both had to duel each other, something that they might not have realized.

Honestly, it's my head canon and it makes sense to me.

That also gives all four girls an underdog theme. Yuzu is from a low-level Duel School, Serena wears the Osiris Red uniform (at least the ARC-V version of it), Rin is from the Commons, and Ruri is just not good (enough).

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
21st August 2016, 11:35 PM
To quote Yuya and Kurosaki:

Yuya: "I overlay my [two] Level 7 [dragons]"
Kurosaki: "I overlay my Level 5 Little Fairy and my Rank 5 Blaze Falcon".

Dark Rebellion doesn't have a Rank anymore when Xiangke's effect is used on it.

From what I understand is that Ruri is not a good duelist and her brother said that she cannot do anything without him, so she already had a bad track record to begin with. Her fighting against the Parasite shows that her will is very strong, something that Yuto already mentioned, and that she prefers to lose a duel rather than using evil powers to defeat her brother.

Independent Nightingale reflects how she wishes to become strong without her brother, but unfortunately, not the way she actually wants to. I think we get to see more of her becoming independent, but in a good way. Rin was already established as a strong duelist when Yugo dueled Serena, so Rin winning makes more sense than Ruri. Since Ruri believes in Yusho's philosophy, I guess that she is more determined to help people despite her being weak, so her will is strong, I guess. The only I can explain how Rin was determined to defeat Yugo and why she didn't try to fight the Parasite was because of the competetive environment they grew up from. City was extremely harsh and competetive, and both, Yugo and Rin wanted to enter the Friendship Cup, despite the common knowledge of the Underground Facility. So they were not only risking their lives to win the tournament, but also to throw other peole to the underground as well. There would be the point where both had to duel each other, something that they might not have realized.

Honestly, it's my head canon and it makes sense to me.

That also gives all four girls an underdog theme. Yuzu is from a low-level Duel School, Serena wears the Osiris Red uniform (at least the ARC-V version of it), Rin is from the Commons, and Ruri is just not good (enough).

Let's ignore Independent Nightingale for now (since she only got that after being brainwashed by the parasite). Assembly Nightingale, while underwhelming, isn't something that would lose to Fairy Cheer Girl. And that's assuming she doesn't have an upgrade up her sleeve. Meanwhile, Sayaka is shown as too weak to fight (note that she doesn't even have a Resistance scarf), and again, forgetting to use her own effects. Ruri, on the other hand, lasted at least some time in combat (how long isn't exactly clear, but it would take some time to destroy the city and set up refugee camps, where she was seen before capture, and it's mentioned that she fought alongside them), moreover, her strong will is what makes a good duelist-- "iron determination and steeled strength", as exemplified by the likes of the win records of people like Yusei, Kaito, and Shun, so she has no excuse to lose. If anything, it's the show being horribly inconsistent and, like I said, mishandling its characters. The fact is that in YGO, being a bad duelist is an extremely poor reflection on one's character. Now sure, maybe her record against Sayaka is 50-1, but given that they've only shown Ruri to be 0-2 is really just shitting on her. And what really counts are on-screen duels against competent characters. Which brings back another issue-- a lack of credible villains. They've just been tossing in one-offs but if they just lose one duel and never appear again, then they look like fodder rather than legitimate threats. There really isn't anyone Ruri can win against that makes her look good, and this issue is shared by all four Ruris now. Sure, Rin broke Yugo's flawless record, but if she's brainwashed, then she's doing it on borrowed strength, not her own.

Sanokal
22nd August 2016, 06:20 AM

So firstly, let me say that I didn't expect Shun to win. But in theory, the parasite could still be in her head and shit could go down. That being said, apparently the power of incest is greater than the power of childhood friend romance. Incest is wincest, I suppose. So I'm not sure what to make of the parasite from a logical standpoint. Rin and Serena had no resistance at all, but Ruri was able to implicitly throw the duel. And despite the deliberate action on Ruri's part, it still reflects poorly when you lose your first on screen duel, and this was only magnified to the fact that she lost to fucking SAYAKA. Remember, the girl who forgot the effect of her utterly trash ace monster? On the other hand, Shun has had an awful record ever since his duel with Crow, so even if he had lost, it would still be problematic. Having them tie addresses neither issue really. At this point, I think that they've written themselves into a corner to the point that no matter what they do, they can't handle their characters well.

Another thing I can't help but point out is how unemotional the whole sequence was. The peak was really just Shun's final direct attack. One of the things I love about the franchise as a whole is how hammy and over the top characters can get, but in this case, the tension was rather low. It might have helped to have made the duel longer than one episode-- instead of featuring irrelevant villains like Kachidoki, Apollo and Diana, and Battle Beast. Very poor screentime management. I can't help but think that at the very least, Yuto should have been namedropped, or flashed-back to, because having him actually involved is obviously too much to as for. I'd also like to point out that the animation was fucking abysmal.

Abysmal? This was iffy at worst. Episode 12 is what you call Abysmal.

Zarkiel
22nd August 2016, 07:11 AM
I like how the next episode will have blackwings vs gladiator beasts.

http://e.lvme.me/swtmvsx.jpg

Sanokal
22nd August 2016, 09:22 AM

Ohdeargodyes.

Volteccer
22nd August 2016, 11:50 AM

This takes me back to, like, 2007, when Gladiator Beasts were big at my locals, and I could tell who played it right from the start, because they were the only ones who had a Fusion Deck. Seems so long ago, now.

Charly Ruri Raptors
23rd August 2016, 05:14 AM
Is nobody gonna mention the epic OST that played during Etranger Falcon summon? I tought it was beautifull. I think its the first time i've heard it but not sure.

Sanokal
23rd August 2016, 05:31 AM
Is nobody gonna mention the epic OST that played during Etranger Falcon summon? I tought it was beautifull. I think its the first time i've heard it but not sure.

I must have got distracted by Allen's BGM again. That's very careless of me.

Comun
23rd August 2016, 03:13 PM
Apparently, Shun was a really possessive brother. I'm really surprised he won, specially when Dark Ruri spent the entire Duel complaining about Shun's "You couldn't do anything without me" line. Ruri saying she is not Shun's property was also a really strong line to me.

I would go as far to say that Shun didn't deserve his victory here. I mean, Shun won by proving his new friends made him understand what Sayaka was trying to do and that's some great character development, but that was not the point in this particular situation. The point here is that Shun has no right to tell Ruri whether or not she can receive a card.

Ruri also disappointed a lot both with her weak and boring Xyz ace monster and with her loss to Sayaka of all people. I fell really sorry someone of her level having to face Joeri alone. Her main deck was nice though. I hope it becomes a decent Rank 1 engine in real life.

KingJinzo
23rd August 2016, 07:44 PM
Ruri also disappointed a lot both with her weak and boring Xyz ace monster and with her loss to Sayaka of all people. I fell really sorry someone of her level having to face Joeri alone. Her main deck was nice though. I hope it becomes a decent Rank 1 engine in real life.

The Lyrical Luscinia have great potential to summon Numeron Dragon and Utopia Kaiser as long as the LLs don't get restrictions.

I don't mind Ruri being weak for now. After all, she could grow after this episode and become more competent. It happened to Jounouchi, Sho and Yuma. She doesn't need to be super skilled from the start like Serena (although "skilled" is a bit questionable) and Rin. Yuzu also improved in the first arc. Ruri has potential, as long as she doesn't get the Sawatari treatment like... Gongenzaka.

Baroque
23rd August 2016, 08:35 PM
Apparently, Shun was a really possessive brother. I'm really surprised he won, specially when Dark Ruri spent the entire Duel complaining about Shun's "You couldn't do anything without me" line. Ruri saying she is not Shun's property was also a really strong line to me.

I would go as far to say that Shun didn't deserve his victory here. I mean, Shun won by proving his new friends made him understand what Sayaka was trying to do and that's some great character development, but that was not the point in this particular situation. The point here is that Shun has no right to tell Ruri whether or not she can receive a card.

A part of me thinks that Shun using that Little Fairy might've been a subtle 'yes, big bro knows he's dun goofed' on his part. Which might've been part of how Ruri managed to rebel against the brain jacker. But that's just my two cents on the matter.

KingKaash
24th August 2016, 08:35 PM
Wow I was finally able to get through. It kept telling me the server was busy.

Anyways this episode is really mixed for me. I don't know how to feel about it.

Ruri looked more evil than Rin. Of course evil doesn't suggest power yet we see her lose to Sayaka in a flashback and Shun here which shows clear signs of being weak. I didn't think Shun would win. Also if she was weaker then Sayaka at one point, then how does she have the power to resist the Parasite yet Rin who is stronger didn't even break it off? And I'm a bit mad that she broke the control and prevent Parasite Fusioners effect because I wanted to see that duel continue. I liked her deck but I think I like Rin's deck a little better.

Overall, I felt more emotion from Rin vs Yugo than I felt here. Maybe that's Shun's fault for not showing much emotion while Yugo did. And the switching between Ruri vs Shun and the Battle Beast stuff kinda cut into the Ruri stuff too and gave off less emotion. They should've kept them in separate episodes.

The best part of the episode was Shun's new RR. It looked great. Shun maybe the greatest Xyz duelist on screen ever with the way he's pulling things out of his @$$ like this Cross Xyz stuff. Then again, Crow was the first to create a Phantom Synchro. Bird gang getting the love I guess.

I'm interested in the Battle Beast stuff so let's see how that goes over the next few episodes.

mangaraw
7th September 2016, 01:49 PM
Now this is stupid and I don't expect it to happen, but I'd like this.