PDA

View Full Version : Old Faces, New Places in Yugioh Arc V?

KingKaash
26th September 2015, 04:59 AM
So I think it's awesome that Arc V brough back the Master of Faster Jack Atlas and Crow Hogan because it's interesting to see how they fit as dueling evolves and that they get to represent their method of summoning and Dimension. I want Arc V to bring back more characters from the past and I wondering if anyone else does too?

Like after they go through the Synchro Dimension, I want Reiji/Declan to say that they should check the Xyz Dimension for anymore Xyz remnants. When they go there, they can find allies like Quinton and Trey. Quinton can use a Burning Abyss deck and Trey can use a Artifact deck (which is similar to Chronomaly in looks) since Astral and the Numbers are gone. Then they can explain how Quattro got captured when the Fusion Dimension invaded. Then they invade the Fusion Dimension with Security fighting the Obelisk Force. In the Fusion Dimension, they need to bring back Atticus Rhodes as Nightshroud and Zane Truesdale taken over by darkness both working for the Professor. They can then explain how they were captains of the force that invaded the Xyz dimension and learned to Xyz summon. Zane then can summon Cyber Dragon Nova and rank up to Cyber Dragon Infinity, along with other Chimeratech support. And Nightshroud can Xyz summon Black Flare Metal Dragon and the other new Red-Eyes support like Lord of the Red and Archfiend Black Skull Dragon. Lastly they can have Quattro possessed by Nightshroud's darkness and have him use a Shaddoll deck (which is a fusion deck similar to Gimmick Puppets) also a captain. Other captains can include Sora and Yuri. Can you imagine Zane vs Jack Atlas???

I have a feeling that once the Synchro Dimension story is over, the Lancers will lose a few members. They've already lost Dennis and I can imagine Sora or Yuri coming in and taking away both Selena and Yuzu. They'll add the Duel King Jack Atlas to the Lancers I feel and possibly Crow especially if Shinji is captured. Tokumatsu Choujiro is a wildcard

So what characters would you like to see come back in Arc V? Or what decks would you like to see featured by new characters in Arc V?

Thanako
26th September 2015, 05:13 AM
If Crow sticks around, it's because Blackwings are the most popular deck aside from the HERO deck. Jack and Crow were also in the canon the only two relevant characters from Team Satisfaction who went on to become professional duelists in the 5D's epilogue. Lua (Leo) isn't too relevant in comparison due to his age and lack of popularity as a character compared to Jack and Crow. From a marketing standpoint, it's quite genius. But, moving on.

From a timeline perspective, everyone in GX and DM era would have long perished, though one could argue that this is hardly within the "regular" timeline. Yusei and co. did change up time and possibly create this timeline as a parallel in the process.

I have to say I'd like to see the Gusto deck used, but that's hardly possible, even as a 1-off deck. I'd like to see a bunch of small cameos, like have been done in the Synchro Dimension. If you rewatch some of those episodes, you can see some. I would like to see someone with the new HERO cards, particularly Masked HERO, but Judai is long out of the picture. Maybe a descendant, or something. They seem adamant to avoid the actual "Yu" characters from other series.

Sakuya
26th September 2015, 06:54 AM
Maybe the yuyatori brothers are alternate reality versions of the original yu's, who will become a plotpoint in some way or another.
inb4 shadowy thing in yuya is supremeking/similar ebil char or yuma(cuz yuto xyz))

Thanako
26th September 2015, 01:04 PM
Maybe the yuyatori brothers are alternate reality versions of the original yu's, who will become a plotpoint in some way or another.
inb4 shadowy thing in yuya is supremeking/similar ebil char or yuma(cuz yuto xyz))

Yuto > Yuma in every way, so for the most part I support this theory so far.

Dread Kaiser
26th September 2015, 02:46 PM
I have to say I'd like to see the Gusto deck used, but that's hardly possible, even as a 1-off deck.

Hardly possible in the series that gave us a Constellar, X saber and Gemknight users who were NOT oneshots?

Mystic TimeKeeper
26th September 2015, 02:51 PM
Hardly possible in the series that gave us a Constellar, X saber and Gemknight users who were NOT oneshots?

Admittedly, side characters had a lot more space at the start, so at the pace we're going it seems unlikely to see some other cameos.

Still, they never got so high chances since GX.

ScionStorm
26th September 2015, 07:26 PM
I'd like to see Sho(Syrus) with new Vehicroid fusions alongside Asuka(Alexis) and her Cyber Angels leading a small underground resistance against the Academia in the Fusion dimension, while their older brothers are generals in the Academia's army with Manjyome as an upstart lieutenant. I want to see Manjyoume vs. Sawatari. :D

KingKaash
26th September 2015, 07:40 PM
From a timeline perspective, everyone in GX and DM era would have long perished, though one could argue that this is hardly within the "regular" timeline. Yusei and co. did change up time and possibly create this timeline as a parallel in the process.

I have to say I'd like to see the Gusto deck used, but that's hardly possible, even as a 1-off deck. I'd like to see a bunch of small cameos, like have been done in the Synchro Dimension. If you rewatch some of those episodes, you can see some. I would like to see someone with the new HERO cards, particularly Masked HERO, but Judai is long out of the picture. Maybe a descendant, or something. They seem adamant to avoid the actual "Yu" characters from other series.

-From a time perspective I understand that characters from GX and the original YGO series wouldn't be able to make it. But like you said, I'm not sure how of an actual timeline this series is actually following.

-You hit it right on the head with the Masked Hero idea. I wanted to put that in my original post but I didn't want to make it so long. I could see them making a character that's a fan of Jaden and uses Masked Heroes. But would the Masked Hero user be a character that could join the Lancers or be an evil character fighting for Academia?? Has to be an ally that joins Reiji right considering he's using a "hero" deck?

-I think they wanted to avoid former Yu main characters because they don't want to steal the thunder of the new Yus they have right now. Bring the friends of the main Yus of the past are cool tho

KingKaash
26th September 2015, 07:47 PM

I've felt the same thing when Yuya goes into that Berserk Mode. It kind of gives off vibes of the Supreme King. Yea Meiru did see some dark thing floating with Yuya and Yuto's souls. Maybe if Yuya and Yuri fuse (which I hope doesn't happen cuz that would be weird) then that dark shadow would come out and take over since Yuri is an evil influence

- - - Updated - - -

Yuto > Yuma in every way, so for the most part I support this theory so far.

Yuto > Yuri > Yugo > Yuya > Yuma

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to see Sho(Syrus) with new Vehicroid fusions alongside Asuka(Alexis) and her Cyber Angels leading a small underground resistance against the Academia in the Fusion dimension, while their older brothers are generals in the Academia's army with Manjyome as an upstart lieutenant. I want to see Manjyoume vs. Sawatari. :D

This would be sick! I originally thought they were going towards Syrus's Roid deck with Yugo's HSR deck but I guess not. Manjoume/Chazz vs Sawatari would be a never-ending battle of each one trying to outdo the other one haha

Cheesedude
28th September 2015, 11:32 AM
I maintain that Sho would be one of the best options for GX cameos. He can double as a Kaiser cameo, what with him getting Kaiser's deck in season 4. Obviously this is AU so it wouldn't be the same Sho, but it would be a neat callback. Manjoume seems likely too - he actually did use Fusion Monsters and I'm sure the cameos they pick (if we get any) would be using Fusions.

Shark and Kite seem the likeliest options from ZEXAL, but its also worth noting that IV shares a voice actor with Reiji and IV is easily as popular as Shark or Kite, despite being more of a supporting character. Release-wise, all three have a number of unreleased cards from both the anime and manga, which would tie them in neatly with how Jack was handled.

SynjoDeonecros
28th September 2015, 02:48 PM
Season 1 Chazz would be best, I think, because of his scrub-hating personality. He was rather antagonistic back then, so it would make sense for them to put him into the Academia without changing his personality that much.

ScionStorm
29th September 2015, 05:44 AM
The Chazz that developed in a world with no Jaden.

KingKaash
30th September 2015, 02:15 AM
I maintain that Sho would be one of the best options for GX cameos. He can double as a Kaiser cameo, what with him getting Kaiser's deck in season 4. Obviously this is AU so it wouldn't be the same Sho, but it would be a neat callback. Manjoume seems likely too - he actually did use Fusion Monsters and I'm sure the cameos they pick (if we get any) would be using Fusions.

Shark and Kite seem the likeliest options from ZEXAL, but its also worth noting that IV shares a voice actor with Reiji and IV is easily as popular as Shark or Kite, despite being more of a supporting character. Release-wise, all three have a number of unreleased cards from both the anime and manga, which would tie them in neatly with how Jack was handled.

-Syrus is a wildcard for me based on several different factors. First off, I like the Roid deck and I think they can make a new super fusion Roid monster like they did for Ancient Gear. I believe there already is a super Roid monster I just don't remember the name. But what would his character be like? If Zane/Kaiser is there, then will he hold himself back like he did for most of GX until the end? And I'm guessing you want him as ally of the Lancers fighting Academia right?

-I thought of Kaito/Kite instantly and he'd be a viable option considering his deck wasn't reliant on Astral's Number monsters. He could still use Galaxy Eyes, Neo Galaxy Eyes, and Full Armor Galaxy Eyes. He'd be interesting but the only problem I see is that there would be too many tough/serious characters. Reiji, Shun, Jack Atlas, Yuto and then Kite would make a lot of seriousness. It is a dimensional war tho

-Can't see Shark making it because he was a Barian Emperor. Quattro decked out in all black with a black scar and a Shaddoll Fusion deck would be awesome vs Trey & Quinton!

KingKaash
30th September 2015, 03:09 AM
Season 1 Chazz would be best, I think, because of his scrub-hating personality. He was rather antagonistic back then, so it would make sense for them to put him into the Academia without changing his personality that much.

I'm seeing a lot of Chazz/Manjoume love here. I get it. He could fit right in with the Academia especially his season 1 personality. Or you could point to him joining Sartorius and the Society of Light. But you really think an Ojama fusion deck would catch on? Because Armed Dragon LV monsters have no fusions...yet

ScionStorm
30th September 2015, 03:44 AM
Manjyoume gave us VWXYZ Dragon Catapult Cannon.

pyrQ
30th September 2015, 11:26 AM
It would be a good opportunity to release some V-Z and/or Union support (Different Dimension Hangar anyone?).

Cheesedude
30th September 2015, 03:17 PM
-Syrus is a wildcard for me based on several different factors. First off, I like the Roid deck and I think they can make a new super fusion Roid monster like they did for Ancient Gear. I believe there already is a super Roid monster I just don't remember the name. But what would his character be like? If Zane/Kaiser is there, then will he hold himself back like he did for most of GX until the end? And I'm guessing you want him as ally of the Lancers fighting Academia right?

-I thought of Kaito/Kite instantly and he'd be a viable option considering his deck wasn't reliant on Astral's Number monsters. He could still use Galaxy Eyes, Neo Galaxy Eyes, and Full Armor Galaxy Eyes. He'd be interesting but the only problem I see is that there would be too many tough/serious characters. Reiji, Shun, Jack Atlas, Yuto and then Kite would make a lot of seriousness. It is a dimensional war tho

-Can't see Shark making it because he was a Barian Emperor. Quattro decked out in all black with a black scar and a Shaddoll Fusion deck would be awesome vs Trey & Quinton!

There's Super Vehicroid Jumbo Drill and Super Vehicroid Stealth Union along with Barbaroid, the Ultimate Battle Machine. I would assume he'd be an ally, but it was also be interesting if the GX characters actually were on Academia's side.

In terms of unreleased cards, Shark and Kite both have some endgame anime stuff and quite a bit of unreleased manga stuff, so it would be interesting to see them be given the same treatment as Jack (a pack that shows new ARC-V cards alongside newly released older cards).

I don't see how Shark being a Barian Emperor would disqualify him. I really don't think this is the same Heartland anymore than its same Duel Academy was GX. Having a normal human Shark would be fine. It would be beyond strange to have AU-GX and AU-5D's but canon-ZEXAL.

KingKaash
30th September 2015, 08:46 PM
Manjyoume gave us VWXYZ Dragon Catapult Cannon.

Oh yea I totally forgot about that. Yea if they brought him back with that deck, then that would be great. I do wonder how much further they could push it with the VWXYZ support tho. I mean I understand there are 21 alphabets left but still lol. Still would be cool to have Chazz back with that deck cuz it goes along with the whole treacherous Machine monsters attacking dimensions

- - - Updated - - -

It would be a good opportunity to release some V-Z and/or Union support (Different Dimension Hangar anyone?).

Different Dimension Hangar would speed up his deck. Where is that from anyways?

KingKaash
30th September 2015, 08:55 PM
There's Super Vehicroid Jumbo Drill and Super Vehicroid Stealth Union along with Barbaroid, the Ultimate Battle Machine. I would assume he'd be an ally, but it was also be interesting if the GX characters actually were on Academia's side.

In terms of unreleased cards, Shark and Kite both have some endgame anime stuff and quite a bit of unreleased manga stuff, so it would be interesting to see them be given the same treatment as Jack (a pack that shows new ARC-V cards alongside newly released older cards).

I don't see how Shark being a Barian Emperor would disqualify him. I really don't think this is the same Heartland anymore than its same Duel Academy was GX. Having a normal human Shark would be fine. It would be beyond strange to have AU-GX and AU-5D's but canon-ZEXAL.

So there's 3 super fusions for Roids. That's even better. I like Barbaroid the best. And it'd be crazy to see an evil Syrus actually on Academia's side. Someone posted earlier that it'd be cool if Zane and Nightshroud were evil captains of Academia while their sibilings Alexis and Syrus were forming their own resistance underground. Also, I noticed some Pendulum monsters came out that were Crystal Beast support so I wonder what's up with that.

I don't follow Manga too much since I'm in the U.S. What cards are left for Kite and Shark. I know there's Number 37 and 38 but again those are Numbers. And I'd assume Astral and Yuma are gone from the New Heartland

pyrQ
30th September 2015, 10:33 PM
Different Dimension Hangar would speed up his deck. Where is that from anyways?

Different Dimension Hangar was used by Manjoume in one episode in season 3 of GX.

KingKaash
30th September 2015, 10:40 PM
Different Dimension Hangar was used by Manjoume in one episode in season 3 of GX.

Ok I didn't watch all of GX. That card reminds me the new Ancient Gear Chaos Fusion. Similar effect to get the monsters needed

SynjoDeonecros
1st October 2015, 02:57 AM
Well, now that I think about it, the Fusion Dimension is focused not only on Fusion Monsters but Fusion Summoning itself, so unless someone gets inspiration to make them from Yuya's Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, I doubt we'll see any Contact Fusion like the V-Z, Neos Fusions, or Gladiator Beasts from the Academia, so that would leave Chazz with only his Ojamas to work with, and I'm pretty sure an Academia!Chazz wouldn't be caught dead with the Ojamas. So, on that note, an evil Zane and a reluctant/rebellious Syrus would be our best bets for a GX cameo.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
1st October 2015, 03:15 AM
I just really want to see more Galaxy-Eyes, so I'm hoping that Tenjo Kaito will show up as a member of the Resistance or something.

Zarkiel
1st October 2015, 05:08 AM
If anything I want Crowler to be like a general for the obelisk force and have some form of ridiculous level 12 ancient gear. I mean, we can't have this much ancient gear support and not have him show up at some point. Either that or he's like an academia resistance due to them not using ancient gear golem.

Cheesedude
1st October 2015, 05:27 AM
As much as I'd Chronos to show up, I don't think he will.

Because we have an entire contingent of characters using his deck, just like Ushio (who I am in awe did not appear at all).

ScionStorm
1st October 2015, 05:40 AM
The pendulums for Crystal Beasts were literally just cosplay of Johan/Jesse. One Pendulum was normal Jesse. The other pendulum represented the version of him when he was posessed by Yubel.

ScionStorm
1st October 2015, 05:48 AM
I've always wanted to see Chazz's original Beetron series elaborated on. Just as an alternative with the similar concept as the Alphabet Unions.
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/7/76/Beetron.png/revision/latest?cb=20120317164450
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/e/e0/CombatScissorBeetle-JP-Anime-GX.png/revision/latest?cb=20140920011415

Like if they ever print Manjyoume's Different Dimension Hangar in a Collectors Pack. Best thing to do would be to include the Beetron series at the same time so you can use the union support right out of the box.

Although, he also has Dimension Catapult and Hyper Coat, both which are specific VWXYZ support.

KingKaash
2nd October 2015, 12:44 AM
Well, now that I think about it, the Fusion Dimension is focused not only on Fusion Monsters but Fusion Summoning itself, so unless someone gets inspiration to make them from Yuya's Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, I doubt we'll see any Contact Fusion like the V-Z, Neos Fusions, or Gladiator Beasts from the Academia, so that would leave Chazz with only his Ojamas to work with, and I'm pretty sure an Academia!Chazz wouldn't be caught dead with the Ojamas. So, on that note, an evil Zane and a reluctant/rebellious Syrus would be our best bets for a GX cameo.

I see your point on them focused on the Polymerization/Fusion card. But having Contact Fusion could be a way for them to show how advanced their summoning has become and how strong they are. Because honestly it would just be a lot easier if some characters could use Contact Fusion instead of coming out with a Fusion spell card for every archetype like Shaddoll Fusion, Ancient Gear Chaos Fusion, Red-Eyes Fusion etc. The concept of Contact Fusion should be something to keep an eye. I think they'll let Academia do it and they should

- - - Updated - - -

I just really want to see more Galaxy-Eyes, so I'm hoping that Tenjo Kaito will show up as a member of the Resistance or something.

Kite/Kaito has a strong chance of coming back because his deck could translate over. Him, Trey, Quattro, and Quinton would be good bets to come back as the Resistance and therefore buddies of Yuto and Kurosaki.

- - - Updated - - -

If anything I want Crowler to be like a general for the obelisk force and have some form of ridiculous level 12 ancient gear. I mean, we can't have this much ancient gear support and not have him show up at some point. Either that or he's like an academia resistance due to them not using ancient gear golem.

I totally agree. He'd fit in well with Academia. I doubt they release another Ancient Gear support tho. Chaos Giant seems like the pinnacle of the archetype to me, wouldn't you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Dang. Seeing Jesse/Johan back would be kinda cool. But it wouldn't make sense for Reiji to already have Pendulum cards for him. Unless he crossed dimensions with Rainbow Dragon and learned to Pendulum summon lol

- - - Updated - - -

This is interesting. I think I remember him using this deck. If they want to show how versatile Chazz is then he can use VWXYZ deck and this deck. Fits the machine like creatures theme that Academia has going on

ScionStorm
2nd October 2015, 01:13 AM
With Rank Ups and double tuning and turning synchro monsters into tuner monsters, I don't see why the Elite of Academia couldn't include Contact Fusers. Or even a new Transformation Summon archetype.

Dread Kaiser
2nd October 2015, 01:16 AM

Because we have an entire contingent of characters using his deck, just like Ushio (who I am in awe did not appear at all).

Give it time, he has been in every series thus far. the Synchro Dimension arc isn't over yet

ScionStorm
2nd October 2015, 01:30 AM
Ushio was in Zexal?

Sunami
2nd October 2015, 01:54 AM
TBH what if they end the yugioh show with arc -v?

like lol it sounds stupid but still they're bringing in "old faces", and Konami did just end MGS, who knows if theyve caught autism or something and are running the company into the ground....

Hope in the Interstice
2nd October 2015, 02:01 AM

like lol it sounds stupid but still they're bringing in "old faces", and Konami did just end MGS, who knows if theyve caught autism or something and are running the company into the ground....
I very much doubt that autism would cause such things.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd October 2015, 03:28 AM
I see your point on them focused on the Polymerization/Fusion card. But having Contact Fusion could be a way for them to show how advanced their summoning has become and how strong they are. Because honestly it would just be a lot easier if some characters could use Contact Fusion instead of coming out with a Fusion spell card for every archetype like Shaddoll Fusion, Ancient Gear Chaos Fusion, Red-Eyes Fusion etc. The concept of Contact Fusion should be something to keep an eye. I think they'll let Academia do it and they should

Well, I don't think so, because so far it seems like any kind of Fusion Summoning that is done without a Fusion-type Spell Card is reacted by the public at large with shock and awe, like it's an unknown concept; they did it with Beast-Eyes, they did it with Trump Witch, they did it with Crystal Rose. I really doubt that, unless these types of Fusion summoning is studied in further detail by Reiji or the Academia, we're going to see any Contact Fusions any time, soon, in the show.

Cheesedude
2nd October 2015, 03:53 AM
Ushio was in Zexal?

He made a cameo as a background extra in the Astral World, actually. Its hard to spot but once you do, its very clearly him.

I have to remember to screencap that and get it on the wiki.

ScionStorm
2nd October 2015, 03:58 AM
None of your examples take place in the Fusion dimension and we've seen only one fleshed out Academia deck(Sora), a footsoldier AG deck(of which we've seen only one main deck monster), one duel using Beastborgs, and Serena's Moonlights which hasn't really developed. And "Shock and Awe" are by people who don't come from Fusion dimension. The public at large, not to mention Reiji, had never seen Rank-Up before Shun used it during MCS. Really, you have no idea what the Academia is studying in the Fusion Dimension.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd October 2015, 01:45 PM
True. Still, the way the pattern is developing, I wouldn't expect contact fusion, any time soon.

Zarkiel
2nd October 2015, 04:49 PM

I don't know if you payed attention, but he's in Arc v all right, but its another cameo. http://40.media.tumblr.com/b82c39621eecc19ccd6e25acab7babd5/tumblr_nllo6ywYRq1tgd8fxo1_1280.jpg

Further looking at this picture, I think Gauche is there too. And Bruno.

Zarkiel
2nd October 2015, 04:56 PM
Ushio was in Zexal?

http://33.media.tumblr.com/7f58834cc7db5c90f4e5ad9ee8830fc4/tumblr_mt74f9Tq3D1qdtog2o3_r1_500.gif

Dread Kaiser
2nd October 2015, 04:59 PM
Yep I missed his ARC V cameo...

Zarkiel
2nd October 2015, 05:58 PM
Yep I missed his ARC V cameo...

I only just saw this looking for the Zexal cameo. I don't even remember what episode its from

KingKaash
2nd October 2015, 09:13 PM
With Rank Ups and double tuning and turning synchro monsters into tuner monsters, I don't see why the Elite of Academia couldn't include Contact Fusers. Or even a new Transformation Summon archetype.

I agree with this 100%. If Kurosaki can use Rank-Up-Magic then why can't Academia use Contact Fusion. In general, I think Contact Fusion speeds up the game more so I think it will be used by the Fusion Dimension

- - - Updated - - -

Yugioh has to end eventually right? I mean they've covered almost every imaginable archetype to create cards with also. Since Arc-V incorporates features from past series, this could very well be the last series

- - - Updated - - -

If Yuya could do it with Trump Witch then why can't the Fusion Dimension do it. I'm pretty sure it's coming back