PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 121 Discussion - The King, The Tamer, The Unawakened, The Beast

KingJinzo
4th September 2016, 10:09 AM
This episodes starts with a long recap, showing us what happened at the end of the last episode again: Yuya getting rekt, Gongenzaka being the man, and Jack Atlas. You only need to read "Jack Atlas" and you know what I mean. Even though the art of this episode is shit, Jack's smile and his ridiculously cool riding maneuvers make his entrance even more epic. The man replaces the other man, but one of the reason why he's even here is because, Frank, Tanner and Amanda asked him to take care of Crow. Yep, he's too late. Of course, Jack is pissed about his 5D's pal who is not actually his pal in this series, but BB doesn't care. Even though he tries to card Gongenzaka again, he's startled by Jack, sets one card and end his turn.

Nothing spoiler tag worthy happens this episode because nothing surprising happens.

First, Jack sets a Counter Trap and then Synchro Summons Red Daemon's Dragon Scarlight, using its ABSOLUTE POWER FLAME to destroy Gyzarus. BB tries to protect him with another Trap, but Jack uses his just set Counter Trap to negate it, inflicting 500 damage to BB plus BB losing 1000 Life Points by his other Continuous Trap that rekt Yuya and Gognenzaka all the time. And yes, Sanders and BB are surprised that Jack just activated a Trap Card he set in the same turn. And even though it's a Battle Royal, Yuya doesn't get any damage from ABSOLUTE POWER FLAME, which is how Jack defeated the five Security mooks in the first place. Also, Jack can't attack BB directly, sparing BB's life for the time being. Sanders is pissed that BB is relieved by that and he's so angry that he jumps out of his throne and joins the duel. Jack sets two cards, while BB's countered Continuous Trap Card allows him to set another Trap.

Sanders begins his first turn and draws like Gongenzaka and Kurosaki. He uses Test Fusion to fuse his two Test monsters to Fusion Summon a new Gladiator Beast, Tamer Editor. His Gladiator Beast Tamer summons BB's Andabatae from the Extra Deck. Sanders tries to destroy Scarlight to defeat Jack, but Jack protects his dragon with Red Armor. Then he tries to attack Yuya directly. Yuya who is spacing out because he's shaken by the Professor's unknown Keikaku, he dodges the attack and then grabs an Action Card to dodge the attack for real. Sanders is pissed that BB didn't stop Yuya from getting the Action Card.

Yuya and Yuto are still thinking about the Zero Revival plan. Yuya assumes that not only Yuya and Yuri are part of this plan, but that also Yuto and Yugo are as well. He also assumes that the Professor is aware of Yuto being in his heart, and he deducts that the Professor's plan is to fuse the four of them into one being. But before Yuya can think even deeper about the plot, Jack snaps him out of it and tells him to duel, you know, in his Jack Atlas style.

To fight for his fallen comrades, Yuya summons two Level 1 monsters to weaken BB's Andabatae and negate its effect. He attacks with Pararhino, but Andabatae is protected by BB's Medal, however, he takes double battle damage from that. BB then sets up his fortress to dominate the duel. BB is still shaken by Sanders pressure and decides to turn on him by destroying Editor and taking out Sanders's LP. Whether Sanders is still in the game or not will be revealed in the next episode.

Preview:

-BB is trying to card Sanders.
-Yuya tries to stop him, but seems to fail.
-Gongenzaka and Sawatari are surprised.
-Red Daemon's Dragon Tyrant obliterates the entire field of monsters, including Yuya's.
-BB is going crazy.

This episode shows us Jack Atlas in his glory and establishes Sanders as both awesome and hateable. At least he's not using fucking dogs. Yuya is shown that he's not a complete idiot and that he's assuming about the plot mysteries we've already done before. But at least it's nice to see that even the characters are thinking about the same as us.

This episode also gives us better characterization for BB. He's easily scared and impressed by Jack and he suffers pressure from Sanders's education, which also handicaps him. Yuya is starting to feel for BB and he starts to understand that BB is not really himself. Also, it's nice to see Yuto again. In the next episode, Yuya is trying to change BB's heart. I think this is justified, since BB is a tykebomb and is emotionally abused. BB is messed up and he's not evil because he likes being evil, but because of Sanders. But unlike other sadistic characters, BB is heavily scarred by all the training he has gone through and you can feel it by observing his interactions with Sanders. But will BB turn into a good character or what will happen to him? He might be carded before actually joining the Lancers, which would also be dark and messed up. The problem is that we lost Crow and Tsukikage because of BB, so he might end up being carded by Sanders if Sanders is still around.

Dyson Sphere
4th September 2016, 01:21 PM
so with that fusion sanders used you can go into andabatae then his eff summons gyzarus so you fuse 2 monsters for 3 glad beast fusions, wonder if they'll release them that way

J. D. Guy
4th September 2016, 01:24 PM
Nothing spoiler tag worthy happens this episode because nothing surprising happens.

I would say that the heavyheartedness of this episode, and the next one, too, based on the preview, is very surprising.

Also, none of Yuya's Monsters were destroyed, so he takes no damage.

LolsterXD97
4th September 2016, 01:24 PM
Gladiator Beast Assault Fort is such a novel... But the GB Fusion Sanders played was amazing, better Slave Fusion is retooled into GB's personal Fusion card.

yshipster
4th September 2016, 01:29 PM
Gladiator Beast Assault Fort is such a novel... But the GB Fusion Sanders played was amazing, better Slave Fusion is retooled into not having to use Test Tiger and Ape.

Those aren't the Fusion Materials of Tamer Editor (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Tamer_Editor) anyways, so I actually doubt that we'll see Test Fusion printed.

And GB Assault Fort also reads the card effect of GB Fort as well, so it are basically 2 cards' effects on it.

Also I just realized, Yuya has very big feet compared to his counterparts..

J. D. Guy
4th September 2016, 01:53 PM
Gladiator Beast Assault Fort is such a novel... But the GB Fusion Sanders played was amazing, better Slave Fusion is retooled into GB's personal Fusion card.

Do you know what Test Fusion actually does, anyway?

Those aren't the Fusion Materials of Tamer Editor (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Tamer_Editor) anyways, so I actually doubt that we'll see Test Fusion printed.

And GB Assault Fort also reads the card effect of GB Fort as well, so it are basically 2 cards' effects on it.

I'm feeling that they will. At this point, I think that Gladiator Beasts are gonna be in Fusion Enforcers, and this card'll be one of 'em, even if the effect is re-tooled.

Also, Yuya's shoes are pretty roomy, though of the times we see him not wearing them, his feet don't look any bigger than normal. Also, they say large feet when you're young are an indication of a person being tall when they grow to reach their full height; that's neither here nor there, however.

J. D. Guy
4th September 2016, 02:38 PM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Test_Fusion

I'm curious as to how accurate this effect it, since he obviously didn't use the listed Materials on Tamer Editor to Summon him.

False_Revelation
4th September 2016, 03:52 PM
Tbh...the duel is filler :I

KingJinzo
4th September 2016, 10:33 PM
I don't get how BB could use Sanders's Tamer Editor's effect.

LolsterXD97
4th September 2016, 11:07 PM
I don't get how BB could use Sanders's Tamer Editor's effect.

The card specified that anyone that controlled Gladiator Beasts could use the destruction effect.

R3QU13M
5th September 2016, 01:36 AM
Good to see more Gladiator Beast support. I like how some of the anime support kinda resemble irl psuedo tech cards like Safe Zone and Fiendish Chain. Especially Medusa Shield and Medallion. Love the interaction Medusa Shield has with War Chariot or as discard fodder for Heraklinos too if it gets printed with a similar effect:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Medusa_Shield

Another thing worth notating about the anime Gladiator Beast spell and trap support mainly I'm happy about. Is the fact with the exception of Pollice Verso, all the new anime cards share Gladiator Beast in there name which makes Respite even more viable in an actual build.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast%27s_Respite

Also after seeing the glorious Andabatae, I wasn't expecting seeing another GB Fusion. Editor is fucking amazing. Another GB that allows us to toolbox the extra deck, ignoring summoning conditions. That also meet the requirements to provide destruction burn damage.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Tamer_Editor

King
5th September 2016, 02:32 AM
Goddamit. This Gladiator Support is from the gods, this stuff needs to be printed NOW! I am feeling that RATE Cover card will show up in this duel.

Comun
5th September 2016, 04:10 AM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Assault_Fort

The OCG adapters are going to have a hell of a fun time with this one.

Baroque
5th September 2016, 04:44 AM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Assault_Fort

The OCG adapters are going to have a hell of a fun time with this one.
I find myself dreading what Gladiator Beast Big Fort will do, if only because if they don't want shit to spill into the Grave like Inzektors after a Fiendish Chain the Big Fort is already at minimum going to have to do something to continue doing what Assault Fort did to every other piece of backrow. And Assault Fort was already both refreshingly innovative and slightly painful to read (from a design standpoint alone, my condolences to whomever transcribed that lousy thing for the wiki [may their eyeballs rest in peace]).

ScionStorm
5th September 2016, 05:01 AM
Goddamit. This Gladiator Support is from the gods, this stuff needs to be printed NOW! I am feeling that RATE Cover card will show up in this duel.

Maybe Gladiator Beasts will be in the Fusion SP.

Baroque
5th September 2016, 05:10 AM
Maybe Gladiator Beasts will be in the Fusion SP.

Honestly, with how little has actually shown up -- the backrow (of which five [counting Test Fusion] are easily printable and the sixth is a pain) and only two Fusions -- I could see these guys coming out in RATE if Konami doesn't have a ton of GB stuff to reprint.

ScionStorm
5th September 2016, 05:24 AM
Honestly, with how little has actually shown up -- the backrow (of which five [counting Test Fusion] are easily printable and the sixth is a pain) and only two Fusions -- I could see these guys coming out in RATE if Konami doesn't have a ton of GB stuff to reprint.

The only other real canditates for the reprint archetype in Fusion SP are Frightfur, Amazoness and Predator Plants. At least at this time. Unless Yuzu counts (I'd rather see her a Duelist Pack).

Sanokal
5th September 2016, 06:06 AM

He's got those massive rollerblades on, doesn't he?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, while I doubt that Sanders is Yuri's father, it looks like he actually may be BB'S father.

Baroque
5th September 2016, 11:26 AM
The only other real canditates for the reprint archetype in Fusion SP are Frightfur, Amazoness and Predator Plants. At least at this time.
If they don't opt to dump all the Obelisk Force junk in, that is. We might be getting an Ancient Gear deck, yes, but if anything that just makes for a much better excuse to dump all that in here the way most of the Goyo Synchros got thrown into High-Speed Riders.

KingKaash
6th September 2016, 01:21 AM
Weird episode especially considering how good the last one was. This might be the worst duel Yuya has ever done. He's done virtually nothing and now he's dropping Level 1 monsters and attacking with them. He does not have the heart of the cards with him in this duel.

I guess they had to bring Sanders in so they could show Tamer Editor. I can't believe we are going to get into the feelings of BB in the next episode. Do we really need to associate feelings with every antagonist that comes across? Can't we leave a few legit characters who die while being brutally evil? I feel like while it definitely provides more characterization for BB, it makes him weaker by showing that he has feelings because it takes away from his brutality.

Anyways the positives was seeing Yuya actually contemplate about Leo's plan. And of course Jack Atlas taking over the duel. Glad to see Tyrant back in action next time. Looks like that means no more of that other cover dragon some of us thought may be shown

Dyson Sphere
6th September 2016, 03:08 AM
Weird episode especially considering how good the last one was. This might be the worst duel Yuya has ever done. He's done virtually nothing and now he's dropping Level 1 monsters and attacking with them. He does not have the heart of the cards with him in this duel.

I guess they had to bring Sanders in so they could show Tamer Editor. I can't believe we are going to get into the feelings of BB in the next episode. Do we really need to associate feelings with every antagonist that comes across? Can't we leave a few legit characters who die while being brutally evil? I feel like while it definitely provides more characterization for BB, it makes him weaker by showing that he has feelings because it takes away from his brutality.

Anyways the positives was seeing Yuya actually contemplate about Leo's plan. And of course Jack Atlas taking over the duel. Glad to see Tyrant back in action next time. Looks like that means no more of that other cover dragon some of us thought may be show

ikr they already ruined Sora by making him good and getting egaod, we don't need another brutal fusion user getting added to the smile cult, and if they do i hope they don't ruin Yuri and if they do make Yuri not as evil, they better atleast have him as an anti-hero who maybe turns on Leo and still cards people and not in the smile cult. also on the topic of Yuri since he's confirmed to be in 122 and the cover card looks like Starve Venom, i'm guessing its one of Yuri's cards

King
6th September 2016, 03:17 AM
Why the Overpowered GB trap has its text separated by a line ?

KingJinzo
6th September 2016, 04:57 AM
Why the Overpowered GB trap has its text separated by a line ?

The lower half is the effect of the Spell Card. The upper half creates the Spell Card.

ScionStorm
6th September 2016, 07:08 AM
I can't believe we are going to get into the feelings of BB in the next episode. Do we really need to associate feelings with every antagonist that comes across? Can't we leave a few legit characters who die while being brutally evil? I feel like while it definitely provides more characterization for BB, it makes him weaker by showing that he has feelings because it takes away from his brutality.

"Feelings are weakness."

Spoken like a true supervillain.

KingKaash
7th September 2016, 01:27 AM
ikr they already ruined Sora by making him good and getting egaod, we don't need another brutal fusion user getting added to the smile cult, and if they do i hope they don't ruin Yuri and if they do make Yuri not as evil, they better atleast have him as an anti-hero who maybe turns on Leo and still cards people and not in the smile cult. also on the topic of Yuri since he's confirmed to be in 122 and the cover card looks like Starve Venom, i'm guessing its one of Yuri's cards

Exactly! Sora was more intriguing as a villain. Now he has to go share the spotlight with so many other Lancers. I'm still clinging to the hope that Leo had parasites put in all of Academia so Sora will return to his evil ways.

As for Yuri, it was a forgone conclusion to me that he will join the Egao clan. Because he's a Yu after all. And I won't mind getting into Yuri's feelings. I'm interested to see how a Yu can be turned evil. What did Academia do to that little boy Yuri.

"Feelings are weakness."

Spoken like a true supervillain.

Haha thank you?

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
7th September 2016, 03:54 AM
They're giving BB a traumatic past in order to attempt to legitimize Yuya's egao brainwashing.

KingJinzo
7th September 2016, 11:59 AM
I can't believe we are going to get into the feelings of BB in the next episode. Do we really need to associate feelings with every antagonist that comes across? Can't we leave a few legit characters who die while being brutally evil? I feel like while it definitely provides more characterization for BB, it makes him weaker by showing that he has feelings because it takes away from his brutality.
BB is the type of character who is obviously a tykebomb, especially with this setting. It's obvious he's made the way he is because of Sanders's training. He's not insane because he's insane. He's insane because of Sanders.

KingKaash
9th September 2016, 05:05 AM
BB is the type of character who is obviously a tykebomb, especially with this setting. It's obvious he's made the way he is because of Sanders's training. He's not insane because he's insane. He's insane because of Sanders.

You make a good point I have to recognize. BB doesn't seem like he was innately evil. He was probably decent until Sanders drove him to insanity which made him ruthless. So it does make it legit for Yuya to reach for the good in him. It's too bad he wasn't born savage on his own