PDA

View Full Version : Red Deamons King Calamity ruling

Mofiz
26th September 2015, 02:23 PM
So each of the YGO online simulators have a common bug.
The card states: "When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can activate this effect; your opponent cannot activate cards or effects on the field for the rest of this turn."

When I summon Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity during the opponents turn using Formula Synchron, my opponents aren't able to activate effects on the field BUT they can still activate cards, like Normal Spell Cards FROM the hand. But cards activated FROM and not IN the hand are still considered as being activated ON the field, something Calamity should prevent. So I asked some people and there is a difference in opinions, though people saying that the opponent can activate something from the hand neverthless didn't explain their points well enough.
I also don't know if there is a difference in the rulings between OCG and TCG but I would like to hear some more opinions. Especially of people who really know rulings.
It kind of kills 50% of the purpose of summoning Calamity during the opponents turn and all the Simulators keep allowing the opponents to set Pendulums and activate other Spells. Hope someone can help.

Dread Kaiser
26th September 2015, 02:33 PM
Yeeeeeah, thats not quite right
Pendulums are one thing, they ARE activated in the hand, not like Normal Spells (subsuqently, if you negate that activation they go to grave as they were NOT on the field)

Since you only seem to mention spells, did monster effects activate too?

Mofiz
26th September 2015, 02:35 PM
First: how are Pendulums activated IN hand? Being placed in the Pendulum Zone is like activating a Spell Card

Monster effects on the field couldn't be activated. Monster effects IN hand can be activated, which is outside of the field but SPell Cards that activate ON the field FROM the hand should be locked too.

Dread Kaiser
26th September 2015, 02:40 PM
First: how are Pendulums activated IN hand? Being placed in the Pendulum Zone is like activating a Spell Card

Monster effects on the field couldn't be activated. Monster effects IN hand can be activated, which is outside of the field but SPell Cards that activate ON the field FROM the hand should be locked too.

1, Whoops, was thinking of something else when I said that (ZW-s, thats what I get for dueling and answering rulings at the same time...)
2, yeah if they still couldn't activate Monsters when they could activate spells, sounds like a bug not a ruling problem.

Mofiz
26th September 2015, 02:55 PM
Figured that much. I tried to contact the script writers of Salvpro and... http://forum.ygopro.us/index.php?/topic/1568-king-calamity/ Yeah...

Dread Kaiser
26th September 2015, 02:59 PM
Oh hey Lunas there

but you could have just saved a lot of trouble by pointing out Monster effects were blocked and not spells

Also you can throw these questions at the Wikia too, probably get the most reliable answers from there. from myself included

Mofiz
26th September 2015, 03:06 PM
The issue here is that people don't understand that "from the hand" is still "on the field" unlike "IN the hand". Which is the difference from Spells since they are activated FROM the hand, compared to monsters who are already ON the field.

Dread Kaiser
26th September 2015, 03:11 PM
It happens
when the new BLS stuff dropped on YGOPro, the Knights search-on-banish effect didn't trigger. real annoying