PDA

View Full Version : What is Ruri's Deck Theme?

ScionStorm
26th September 2015, 07:45 PM
Alright, so we know Yuzu has a Vocalist deck theme with cards named after musical styles and famous composers. Selena has a Dancer theme. And the one clue of Rin from that flashback of her and Yugo's childhood suggests her theme could end up being Instrumentalists. So what does that leave Ruri? A DJ theme? Something else? What do you think it could be?

NeoArkadia
26th September 2015, 08:02 PM
Yuzu is Flowers. (See Bloom Diva and Bloom Prima)
Serena is Moon.
Rin is Wind.

Ruri should be Birds.

If they're following a 花鳥風月 【かちょうふうげつ, Kachoufuugetsu】i.e. the beauties of nature, metaphorically.

Clearly she'll have Songbirds.

Mystic TimeKeeper
26th September 2015, 08:10 PM

But Shun already uses songbirds...

Granted that the only songs they sing are chants of death and war cries but they are still songbirds, no?

ScionStorm
26th September 2015, 08:40 PM
Ruri's deck.
https://cdn4.iconfinder.com/data/icons/is_twitter/png/512/twitter05.png
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/af/6f/e9/af6fe96a10daae412df2882551a6d201.jpg

Hope in the Interstice
26th September 2015, 10:33 PM
Yuzu is Flowers. (See Bloom Diva and Bloom Prima)
Serena is Moon.
Rin is Wind.

Ruri should be Birds.

If they're following a 花鳥風月 【かちょうふうげつ, Kachoufuugetsu】i.e. the beauties of nature, metaphorically.

Your ability to decipher these things makes me insanely jealous.

Thanako
26th September 2015, 10:58 PM
All of the decks are tied to music as well. NeoArkadia is right here. It shows a stark contrast between their assumed personalities as well.

Mofiz
29th September 2015, 11:26 PM
But Shun already uses songbirds...
Probably not mechanised badass carpet bombing birds but lovely, singing and EGAOing ones.

Archfiend
29th September 2015, 11:37 PM
What if Ruri's deck is the third Xyz deck in Wing Raiders that we don't know about? :O

Mofiz
30th September 2015, 12:24 AM
What if Ruri's deck is the third Xyz deck in Wing Raiders that we don't know about? :O

If her cards have more or less than 3 stars I would look forward to it... Who am I even kidding...

Archfiend
30th September 2015, 12:32 AM
If her cards have more or less than 3 stars I would look forward to it... Who am I even kidding...

I'm guessing it would be similar to Shun's deck in terms of levels.

Thanako
30th September 2015, 01:27 AM
I'm guessing it would be similar to Shun's deck in terms of levels.

Let's be real, though. A primarily Level/Rank 1 deck would be very much appreciated.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
30th September 2015, 01:30 AM
Probably not mechanised badass carpet bombing birds but lovely, singing and EGAOing ones.

I honestly hope that Ruri is even more violently fanatical in her desire to crush Academia than Shun is.

Granted, it's hard to one-up the RR in that regard in terms of deck theme, unless she herself also uses them.

Archfiend
30th September 2015, 01:37 AM
Let's be real, though. A primarily Level/Rank 1 deck would be very much appreciated.

I would totally welcome a Level/Rank 1 deck. I have high hopes for her deck, so lets hope Konami doesn't fuck it up.

KingKaash
2nd October 2015, 12:48 AM
Yes please! Rank 1 support would be welcomed. Abyss Actor - Extra is a nice add to the Level 1 collection. And Mirror Resonator ain't that bad either

White Hollow
2nd October 2015, 03:52 PM
As much as I would like it to be a Level/Rank 1 theme, I don't think it'll happen. I also think it will be multi leveled like Shun's(or Syun's or Shay's or whatever you wanna call him) and also I think it will support Rank-Up Magic as well. I hope it is the third theme in Wing Raiders and not a random theme again(looking at you PSYframes). As for its theme... I think it will be birds, but not the predator big one kind of birds, the small cute fluffy ones. Or maybe she has badass dark flesh eating vultures as her allies :D I dunno about the theme, but I'm positive it will be connected to Raid Raptors in some way. Let's see.

Mystic TimeKeeper
2nd October 2015, 03:57 PM
If anything I hope it's something like Gagaga where you could virtually access any Rank in the game, and maybe with a couple Rank-Ups to boot.

I mean, Shun used so many Rank-Up-Magics that I started to believe the thing runs in the family.

Dio
2nd October 2015, 05:04 PM
Inb4 Rin's deck is about WXYZ-Flautists or Cyber Flautist Ladies.

As for Ruri, I, Dio, guess she would use a mecha-singing-birds deck. Maybe they could overlay and turn into a big speaker with giant wings.
Or maybe Shun is the bird beauty.

KingKaash
2nd October 2015, 09:16 PM
Even multiple Level/Rank support works for me. As long as we don't have anymore lazy Level 4/Rank4 support. I can't stand that

Blue
2nd October 2015, 11:30 PM
The new themes will all have "Can be used for an Xyz summon except for the summon of a Rank 4 Xyz monster"

Real talk though, we still haven't seen Rin's deck yet either, except for an old Gemini monster most people probably don't even remember existed.

A Gemini synchro theme would be pretty cool if done right though.

Hope in the Interstice
2nd October 2015, 11:38 PM
Inb4 Rin's deck is about WXYZ-Flautists or Cyber Flautist Ladies.

As for Ruri, I, Dio, guess she would use a mecha-singing-birds deck. Maybe they could overlay and turn into a big speaker with giant wings.
Or maybe Shun is the bird beauty.
I get the impression Ruri would use flesh and blood birds, either of the LIGHT or WIND attributes. Her brother's given up a lot of his humanity in the name of vengeance but I find it hard to believe she would also be so brutal.

The new themes will all have "Can be used for an Xyz summon except for the summon of a Rank 4 Xyz monster"

Real talk though, we still haven't seen Rin's deck yet either, except for an old Gemini monster most people probably don't even remember existed.

A Gemini synchro theme would be pretty cool if done right though.
I'd also like to see more use for Black Blutdrago.

Dio
3rd October 2015, 12:42 AM
I get the impression Ruri would use flesh and blood birds, either of the LIGHT or WIND attributes. Her brother's given up a lot of his humanity in the name of vengeance but I find it hard to believe she would also be so brutal.

Did she really had the time to fight like Shun or she just was defeated right away?
Anyway, IMO she doesn't looks like she would be so brutal. Not even Yuto (RIP) was like this, instead he preffered to fight with clothes.

Hope in the Interstice
3rd October 2015, 12:45 AM
Did she really had the time to fight like Shun or she just was defeated right away?
Anyway, IMO she doesn't looks like she would be so brutal. Not even Yuto (RIP) was like this, instead he preffered to fight with clothes.
The hunting games were greenlighted before she was captured. I imagine she was at least a participant of the Resistance's battles before Yuri found her and kidnapped her.

And don't you mean IMDO?

KingKaash
3rd October 2015, 12:54 AM
Not even Yuto (RIP) was like this, instead he preffered to fight with clothes.

I wish Yuto was still a live character. I get that he's been overlayed with Yuya. But he would've been an awesome character to elaborate on. I hope he gets his own body back in the future

Dio
3rd October 2015, 01:08 AM
The hunting games were greenlighted before she was captured. I imagine she was at least a participant of the Resistance's battles before Yuri found her and kidnapped her.

And don't you mean IMDO?

You, not I, Dio, shall have some of my eternal blood to live forever.

I'm curious about how she and Rin are doing inside Academia. I hope the professor is not a lolicon (even though they probably have the age to ride a motorcycle... but I, Dio, shall let this pass because it's cool)

I wish Yuto was still a live character. I get that he's been overlayed with Yuya. But he would've been an awesome character to elaborate on. I hope he gets his own body back in the future

I think he'll come back at some point. I still think that they won't be going directly to Fusion Dimension after the Synchro Dimension.

WeekendWarrior
3rd October 2015, 08:56 PM
Guys, what if RR is Ruri's deck. And Shun's just been borrowing it all along?

ScionStorm
4th October 2015, 03:50 AM

Overlayed. Clever.

I guess Yugo is next in line to Tune Yuya up.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
4th October 2015, 04:06 AM
Guys, what if RR is Ruri's deck. And Shun's just been borrowing it all along?
Doesn't seem likely, unless Yuri left her Duel Disk behind after kidnapping her. But given that Shun's kanji is Falcon, I'd say that it's most likely that they share the same deck, or at least the same archetype. Makes sense too, from a tactical perspective, in tag duels. That is unless she uses a different deck altogether, though based on her hair and bracelet, it's probably still birds.

Though I guess I'm alone in wanting to her to be mercilessly cruel and relentlessly destructive like her brother. =P
Something something iron resolve and steeled strength.

KingKaash
5th October 2015, 09:20 PM
Overlayed. Clever.

I guess Yugo is next in line to Tune Yuya up.

You didn't know about this? All over Yugioh forums, there's talk that Yuto was overlayed with Yuya because that's his summoning method. Yugo and Yuya have the Synchronize ability which was seen in Yugo vs Sawatari. My fear is what will happen with Yuya and Yuri. I hope not some weird fusion of the two.

What might happen is that after Yuya has absorbed Yuto and Yugo in his Pendulum stone and he defeats Yuri (if he does) then when Yuri's soul coming out will cause some sort of super fusion amongst the 4 Yus and their souls to create one superhuman. A master of all summoning methods

ScionStorm
8th October 2015, 08:43 AM
Yuya will become Captain Planet?

KingKaash
9th October 2015, 12:33 AM
I think he'll come back at some point. I still think that they won't be going directly to Fusion Dimension after the Synchro Dimension.[/QUOTE]

I think they should go to the Xyz Dimension next. Show the Standard Lancers and new Synchro Lancers (if there are any) what happened to the Xyz Dimension to fire them up. Make them realize that it's a serious war

ScionStorm
9th October 2015, 12:41 AM
Shun won't like that. He's at the end of his rope already with waiting to rescue Ruri.

Hope in the Interstice
9th October 2015, 01:08 AM
I think they should go to the Xyz Dimension next. Show the Standard Lancers and new Synchro Lancers (if there are any) what happened to the Xyz Dimension to fire them up. Make them realize that it's a serious war
That doesn't sound like Reiji to me. He's an extremely pragmatic person; while he definitely recognises the effectiveness of such a tactic, I don't think he'd go out of his way to put it to work. If it's only on the way to taking down Academia, I can see him trying it. He wouldn't take any detours, though.

Sotavento
9th October 2015, 02:52 AM
Rin using Gustos does not sound like a bad idea :p

KingJinzo
9th October 2015, 11:54 AM
I think they should go to the Xyz Dimension next.
They will. Someday. http://everydayduelist.tumblr.com/post/128663090359/atifdbz-according-to-director-ono-we-will

KingKaash
9th October 2015, 10:24 PM
That doesn't sound like Reiji to me. He's an extremely pragmatic person; while he definitely recognises the effectiveness of such a tactic, I don't think he'd go out of his way to put it to work. If it's only on the way to taking down Academia, I can see him trying it. He wouldn't take any detours, though.

That's true. They shouldn't waste anymore time. They should go to the Fusion Dimension. But let's say hypothetically that the Lancers are weakened and lose members to an invasion by Yuri, Sora and Dennis. I could totally see Selena and Yuzu both being captured. So losing those two and Dennis leaves Reiji, Reira, Yuya, Gong, Sawatari, Kurosaki, and Tsukikage. And let's say they add Crow (Shinji and the kids get captured forcing Crow to join), Tokumatsu, Yugo, and let's add Jack Atlas. That's a total of 11. Academia has for sure Yuri, Sora, Dennis and Barrett. They might also turn all the main girls into villians that are possessed which would be great cuz seeing Evil Yuzu duel Yuya would bring back vibes of Marik-possessed Joey vs Yugi. That could already be a total of 8. And like they've done in past series where there's a gang of bad guys (Shadow Riders in GX, the Earthbound users in 5Ds, and the Barian Emperors) there's probably more villainous characters in Academia like perhaps cameo Crowler or Zane/Kaiser. All in all, they could search the Xyz Dimension for anymore Resistance survivors and give Yuto some more screen time please.

Or they could just wait and go and fight the Fusion Dimension, save everyone and go to the Xyz Dimension so that Ruri and Yuto are all happy and alive and then hold a 4 Dimension tournament

Hope in the Interstice
9th October 2015, 10:27 PM
They might also turn all the main girls into villians that are possessed which would be great cuz seeing Evil Yuzu duel Yuya would bring back vibes of possessed Joey vs Yugi.
Oh my God, I didn't know I wanted this but I do. They NEED to do this! Or the inverse. I'm fine either way, so long as one of them's trying to reach out to the other.

Or they could just wait and go and fight the Fusion Dimension, save everyone and go to the Xyz Dimension so that Ruri and Yuto are all happy and alive and then hold a 4 Dimension tournament
Oh God no. Not another tournament arc.

KingKaash
9th October 2015, 10:35 PM
I want it too. If it were to happen, I seriously question whether Yuya could finish the duel against a brainwashed Yuzu because he would struggle between trying to save her or not hurting her. And yea I like tournaments but I absolutely hate when they get interrupted. Like the Maiami Championship had a weak ending that I didn't like. I like having one true character come out the winner of the whole thing. I really hope that the Friendship Cup doesn't get interrupted by an invasion or something. Please finish it out til the end. A 4 Dimension tournament would be cool because then we'd get to see Ruri's deck and more of Yuto's deck

ScionStorm
9th October 2015, 10:38 PM
Oh my God, I didn't know I wanted this but I do. They NEED to do this! Or the inverse. I'm fine either way, so long as one of them's trying to reach out to the other.

Oh God no. Not another tournament arc.

Yuzu should not be possessed. It would be another compounded Girl-needs-rescue story. I'd much rather see Yuzu step up and save the male protagonist.

What? You fear another tournament? Well wait till we get to Fusion dimension where they will be holding a knock-down-drag-out brutal brawlfest Neo Genex Tournament to determine who is badass enough to become generals in the next war campaign for for Academia.

Hope in the Interstice
9th October 2015, 10:39 PM
Yuzu should not be possessed. It would be another compounded Girl-needs-rescue story. I'd much rather see Yuzu step up and save the male protagonist.
Likewise. Yuzu's done a great job taking the reins so far and I'd like to see her do it more. Plus, it seems it'd be more fitting since our guys seem more apt to be possessed. Perhaps Yuya gives into his destructive urges and Yuzu pulls him out again.

KingJinzo
10th October 2015, 08:43 PM
Likewise. Yuzu's done a great job taking the reins so far and I'd like to see her do it more. Plus, it seems it'd be more fitting since our guys seem more apt to be possessed. Perhaps Yuya gives into his destructive urges and Yuzu pulls him out again.
Anzu got brainwashed by Marik, Asuka got brainwashed by Saiou, Aki got mind-controlled by Divine, and Kotori got brainwashed by Girag. Two of those girls dueled against the heroes in their brainwashed state. So it's not a guys thing.

ScionStorm
10th October 2015, 11:43 PM
See, so many instances of the girl needing to be rescued by the guy. Time to have the girls do some rescuing of their own.

KingKaash
11th October 2015, 01:04 AM

I have to give credit to Yuzu. She's much more composed mentally than Yuya. And that's not a knock on Yuya at all. I really like the way he's developing. I don't mind the mood swings of depressions, rage from Berserk mode, and smiles from his father. All of it shows he's growing as the series moves forward. I'd rather have that than a protagonist who's always happy all the time.

Honestly tho you think if Yuri confronts Yuzu alone, that Yuzu can fend him off? She's already lost to him once and was lucky to escape. But I can see the darkness inside of Yuya making him possessed also. I'd take either one turning evil and seeing if the other could finish out the duel.

- - - Updated - - -

What? You fear another tournament? Well wait till we get to Fusion dimension where they will be holding a knock-down-drag-out brutal brawlfest Neo Genex Tournament to determine who is badass enough to become generals in the next war campaign for for Academia.[/QUOTE]

A Fusion Dimension tournament would definitely be the most brutal and bloodthirsty. I'm down for that. But I doubt a tournament would happen there if the Lancers invade. No time for it unfortunately

ScionStorm
11th October 2015, 01:54 AM
I think they'll raid. Not invade. At first. Seems more logical. So, disguises and secret identities. After Denniss the spy, turnabout is fair play.

KingKaash
16th October 2015, 10:59 PM
I think they'll raid. Not invade. At first. Seems more logical. So, disguises and secret identities. After Denniss the spy, turnabout is fair play.

That would make sense. Because as it stands they just can't go straight in there and invade

Eternalight
22nd October 2015, 08:27 AM
If Raidraptors are level 4-ish, and it seems that Phantom Knights are level 3-ish, maybe Ruri's deck will be level 2-ish and rank 2-ish.

It will be interesting if the 4 Yuzu's deck really based on 華鳥風月 (Kachoufuugetsu).
Maybe Ruri's archetype will also have RR initial.

Mystic TimeKeeper
22nd October 2015, 08:29 AM
After Shinji "BF" I can totaly see it, and now I'm hoping for it.

Bonus point if they are another DARK archetype.