PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 123 - Buy Ancient Gears! Buy Machine Dragon Re-Volt!

KingJinzo
18th September 2016, 10:47 AM
The recap pretty much nails a death flag for Asuka. The episode actually starts with Asuka bodychecking Yuri (how did he get caught off-guard by a charging woman who wasn't even running that fast?) after Yusho mistakes Yuri as his son (yes, you haven't seen him for three years, but I don't think that Yuya would ever change his hair and eyebrows to something that extreme). Asuka orders Sora to activate a hidden trap that pulls grid out of the ceiling. But because Reira trips, Sora pushes him towards Reiji and Yusho, while Sora finds himself trap inside the grid he just pulled out. Truly ironic. And for some reason, Asuka doesn't try to nail Yuri on the floor and she steps back, even though Yuri hasn't done anything yet. Yuri is aware of Asuka's backstory. Well, it's not hard to ignore the existence of an honor student, which is obviously a nod to her being an honor student in GX.

Reiji, Yusho and Reira are heading off to their destination, while Asuka is trying to slow Yuri down. He pulls out the Honor Student deck, a deck that would have been given to Asuka if she was still in Academia. Asuka obviously doens't like to made being fun of and she wants to defeat him with his own deck. A troll as he is, he uses the Honor Student deck, which is obviously an Ancient Gear deck. The Machine Dragon Re-Volt Structure Deck to be clear.

Ladies first, which is more or less a bad thing, since the lady cannot draw during her Draw Phase: Asuka starts the duel by Ritual Summoning the Level 5 Cyber Angel - Nasateiya in Defense Position, and her tributed Tutubon recycles her Ritual Spell Card, allowing her to Ritual Summon a second Nasateiya. Like Ice Bell, the two Nasateiya are colored differently for some reason. Both give Asuka 2x500 Life Points. Like two Marauding Captains, Yuri is unable to attack any Cyber monster with two Nasateiyas protecting everyone and each other, except that their effects aren't Continuous, but Ignition effects. Yuri or Vector 2.0 begins his first turn and he has to read the effects of his cards first before making a play, since he has never played with them and doesn't know all of them, asking Asuka to wait for a second. And he discovers playfully how he is able to Special Summon two monsters with two Spell Cards, which one of them he has to destroy by himself, summoning Gadget and Wyvern, the latter searching for Reactor Dragon. He immediately Tributes Summon Reactor Dragon, who has no problem of taking down a Nasateiya, inflicting Piercing Damage as well. And thanks to the tributed Gadget, Reactor Dragon can attack a second time, leaving Asuka's field wide open and with 1000 LP left. Yuri behaves like a child, which makes me think of him that he's even more of an evil version of Yuya and Yugo than I thought (and Yuto, since Yuutousei/Honor Student can be seen as a pun to his name). Speaking of Yugo and Yuya, they are both looking for their gals.

Of course, Asuka being Asuka, she fights back.

She banishes one of her dead Nasateiyas to revive the other one, using her effect to take control of Reactor Dragon. With Nasateiya's effect, she gains Life Points equal to half of Reactor Dragon's ATK and tries to win the duel with Reactor Dragon attacking twice. Yuri still being a troll, he pretends to be shocked the take over, but Yuri uses a Trap Card to Special Summon Ancient Gear Golem by ignoring its Summoning Condition, but in Defense Position and with its DEF halved, but the Trap Card will protect it from destruction, leaving Yuri with 1000 Life Points. Asuka, who pretty much says "Fuck you, Fusion", she uses Fusion Destruction; by discarding a Polymerization from her hand, Yuri has to banish three of his Polymerization or Fusion (not Fusion Monsters) cards and takes 300 damage for each card, having only 100 LP left.

Asuka tries to use Talk no Jutsu on Yuri, the latter telling her his backstory, of how he was alone because he didn't knew his family (so Sanders-Yuri-relation jossed?) and he beat every duelist. But his life changed when the Professor approached him (and Serena was there; did she simply forget him?) and he was allowed to card people and had pretty much fun with that. But thanks to Asuka, Yuri is feeling sorry for everything he has done, and the Professor has to watch how his best man is now turning to the good si- "IT'S ME, VECTOR!" Yuri trolls her yet again and he clearly tells everyone how much fun carding people is, and what surprises me/us more is that the Professor is visibly shocked by Yuri's character. Like Yami Marik, he is completely fine if he's the only one left in the world, and his eyes turn hellish again.

The duel continues. He revives Wyvern to search for Box, which he discards as a cost to activate the one and very legendary card that was created by the cost of many people and monsters' lives in GX. Yes, Super Polymerization. Furthermore, Yuri never used a completely pure Honor Student deck; as if he would follow that recipe. Super Polymerization is his own card, which he put in. Thanks to Super Polymerization's effect, it doesn't allow Fusion Destruction to be activated, allowing Yuri to Fusion Summon without any problems. He fuses Ancient Gear Golem, Ancient Gear Wyvern with the opposing Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon to Fusion Summon Ancient Gear Golem Ultimate Golem. He attacks Nasateiya and wins, although the animators made a mistake with Asuka's Life Points. She should have 2500 LP, not 1000 LP, although the result is the same, anyway.

Is it because Yuri is already evil to begin or why does he awaken for no reason other than showing of how evil the devil is inside him? Man, if the Awakened Yuri has this creepy devil aura, what will happen with Yuya in the next two to three episodes? He cards Asuka mercilessly, and the Professor is shocked to see what is going on around Yuri. Also, the troll could have deactivated the grids anytime he wanted with his Duel Disk, but where is the fun? And now, Sora is next!

Meanwhile, the dude who is guiding Yuya (and apparently only Yuya) tells him that where Yuzu is. Or what he thinks. This guy is evil. Which means: every single student who turned good never turned good for real and they are simply trolling the heroes! Maybe except BB. So yeah, people who thought the egao cult was growing last episode, you stand corrected. What bastards the Academia guys are!

The sad thing is that he won't be able to see new Ritual Summonings for a while. RIP, Asuka. RIP, big boobs.

But it's nice to see that Super Polymerization has a different animation. But how did Yuri get this card? Is Haou the devil or something?

Yeah, Yuri is never going to be a Yuutousei. But we finally get to see more of his evil character. But this episode makes the Professor look even more morally ambiguous. He actually appears to be a bit decent, or at least not completely insane. He is definitively not the most evil person, and he is their boss! And Daisuke Namikawa and Yui Ishikawa only appeared to make a few noises. I hope they got payed well.

Yuri is really a troll. Basically combine Yami Marik with Vector and put Yuya's face on them and then you have Yuri. And yeah, don't forget some Haou influences. It's not Yuri without the Haou references.

Also, the lessons of this episodes: Buy the Structure Deck, but put your own cards in it to make it even better. And don't trust people who apparently turned good. Er, why did Edo and the Tyler Sisters happen again? Can you trust them?! Edo for sure, because he's the type of guy who is the easiest to turn good, but the Tylers? What if they are rampaging while the heroes are away; the sisters are still in the refugee camps. This episode makes you feel paranoid. But yeah, Yuri really showed the viewers how people use freshly bought Structure Decks. I hope you have learned your lessons, kids. Kids love evil guys.

Preview:

-Yuya/Yuto meets Ruri.
-Brainwashed Ruri challenges them to a duel to card them. Wait, why didn't Rin card Yugo?
-Yuya sets three cards. When was the last time he set at least two cards?
-Brainwashed Ruri being evil.
-Flashbacks of YutoXRuri. Yes, it's finally going to be a thing.
-Assembly Nightingale looks happy.
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh-arcv/images/5/5c/Sketch_of_Ruri_GilboNoh.jpg

Indytotof
18th September 2016, 10:58 AM
God I loved this episode. God I love Yuri's character.

But the implications behind the creepy aura behind him when he turns Asuka into a card can only means one thing:

YURI IS THE DEMON DUELIST AND WILL BE THE FINAL BOSS OF ARC-V

KingJinzo
18th September 2016, 11:13 AM
YURI IS THE DEMON DUELIST AND WILL BE THE FINAL BOSS OF ARC-V
I think all four of them are the Devil Duelist.

LolsterXD97
18th September 2016, 11:27 AM
Motherfucking Yuri was the best part of the episode. And they did the AG shilling with style by having Yuri actually read the cards (OMG!). Although dat Wyvern misplay... And Super Poly is back! Better he uses it to Summon Starve Venom soon or latter.

Too bad Asuka didn't even have epic last words or go out with a smile like Crow, but her last cards were good.

Leo showing emotion is serious buisness.

Ruri's evil smile in the preview really impressed me (and way better than all of her previous ones in 119).

darkgod789
18th September 2016, 01:41 PM
yuri pretended to be a noob and misplay just so that he could troll asuka which was fun as hell to watch. Also forgot that it is kinda easy to trigger both of reactor dragon's effects with catapult and fortress/geatown since they can summon gadget and wyvern then wyvern searches reactor dragon without using your normal summon. Kinda makes me hyped to play AGs on devpro but i also want to try out six sams with triple gateway or qliphorts with triple scout or spirits with the new ritual or remake fluffals with kraken

yshipster
18th September 2016, 01:55 PM
Although I don't get why we're using spoiler tags in a thread which contains 100% spoiler content...

Yuri reading the AG cards before playing them was indeed hillarious. And although his trolling isn't on the same level as Vector's (yet), I guess I love Yuri already more than Vector, just because he provokes his opponents by don't taking them seriously (for a reason).

His plays were also pretty nice, though kinda predictable, since we knew his cards way earlier than he did. Except for AG Gadget mimicing Red Gadget. That was weird.

Super Polymerizations effects looked pretty nice, though the Fusion Summon itself had very bad animations and drawings. I guess the animators gave it all during the first half of the episode...

Asukas new monsters and her new Ritual Spell are pretty good, however, I didn't even realize the Ritual card was new until I saw the article, since the artwork is almost the same as Machine Angel Ritual's (it basically shows the girl from the other side, and Petit Cyber Angel is in the background, but thats the only difference) I hope we get that level 5 Cyber girl, 'cause it ain't bad for some decks.

And that Anti-Fusion Spell kinda confirms that she used her Cyber Fusions at some point in the anime, that's why she has Polymerization. Rituals as an alternative to the only other available, but hated summoning method in a dimension is a pretty interesting idea. And I guess that Ritual summoning is the only summoning method native to all 4 dimensions.

For the preview: I'm not a fan that Yuya goes berserk against the girls, even if they are evil. He'll definitely restrain himself, since he wants to save them, so they won't be harmed at all. Setting 3 cards however could mean, that YUya actually plays Phantom Knights, maybe because Yuto wants to be the one who saves Ruri. So basically the same as when he summoned Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon, just that Yuya is Ok with it (until they go berserk ofc).

King
18th September 2016, 02:38 PM
Asuka fucking did nothning to the show

LolsterXD97
18th September 2016, 02:44 PM
Yuri surely is messed up, his dream is:
Turn everyone into cards until he is the last one standing, because that would indicate he is the strongest.

Never die
18th September 2016, 03:12 PM
Asuka fucking did nothning to the show

Yeah the gx returning characters were very lackluster,if only they brought back someone more capable....#bringbackryo #makefusiongreatagain

marsh381
18th September 2016, 03:53 PM
While I did enjoy Yuri trolling, I cringed somewhat when he started exclaiming what he could do with the deck as he read their effects. Probably the most blatant advertising in the show we've ever had.

LolsterXD97
18th September 2016, 03:54 PM
While I did enjoy Yuri trolling, I cringed somewhat when he started exclaiming what he could do with the deck as he read their effects. Probably the most blatant advertising in the show we've ever had.

"Buy Ancient Gears, kids!"

False_Revelation
18th September 2016, 05:42 PM
Where can i even watch it(in HQ)??? Its like every website just forgot arc v exists

LolsterXD97
18th September 2016, 05:54 PM
Where can i even watch it(in HQ)??? Its like every website just forgot arc v exists

Here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4s3480_%E9%81%8A-%E6%88%AF-%E7%8E%8Barc-v-%E7%AC%AC123%E8%A9%B1-%E6%A0%84%E5%85%89%E3%81%AE%E6%A9%9F%E6%A2%B0%E7%A B%9C-yu-gi-oh-arc-v-123-hd_shortfilms

However it isn't very HQ.

KingJinzo
18th September 2016, 07:09 PM
Since Yuri was also wearing casual clothes back then, I realize that the pink clothes are not a uniform... they are Asuka's clothes. She literally gave her old clothes to Yuzu.

ScionStorm
18th September 2016, 07:12 PM
Since Yuri was also wearing casual clothes back then, I realize that the pink clothes are not a uniform... they are Asuka's clothes. She literally gave her old clothes to Yuzu.

Wouldn't it be kinda baggy in the chest then?

Indytotof
18th September 2016, 08:01 PM
For those who want the script of today's ep (courtesy of DMC3444 from NeoArkCradle):

Asuka: In order to stop Academia’s ambition,
My teacher, Sakaki Yusho, crossed the dimensions.
He decided to persuade the Professor in person.

Asuka: I will make sure that he is able to meet the Professor.
When I boarded the ship with that goal in mind,
The Academia’s pursuer, Dennis, showed up and stood in our way.

Kaito: I’ll take on this Duel.

Yusho: Kaito!

Dennis: Who the heck are you? Don’t just show up out of nowhere.

Kaito: Go! Neo Galaxy-Eyes!
Cipher Stream of Terror!

Asuka: With the help of Kaito, a Duelist from the Xyz Dimension, Dennis was defeated.
We were also able to learn about Ruri and Rin’s locations, and successfully arrived in Academia.

Reiji:We finally met again, Sakaki-san.
I won’t let you steal a march on me again like three years ago.

Yusho: And I’m not planning to cause you any trouble this time around, either.

Reiji: Academia has already become too strong.
In order to destroy it, our power…

Yuri: Destroy, you say?
I wonder about that.

Yuri: Ahahaha!
I’ll turn all five of you into cards.

Yusho: Yuya!?

Asuka: I won’t allow that!

Yusho: Asuka-kun!

Sora: I see…Let’s use that!

Sora: Quickly! Go!

Sora: Hurry!

Reira: Ah!

Reiji: Reira!

Yuri: How unfortunate for you, Shiun’in Sora.
Those fences can disable the functionalities of your Duel Disk.
So you can only watch from there.

Yuri: I was planning to take on all five of you,
But I guess I can start with you.

Yuri: After I met you some time ago,
I did some research on you.

Yuri: You were an upstanding honor student when you were still a member of Academia, right?
You defeated all the boys who tried to woo you.
To think that I’ll be able to Duel an honor student like you and turn you into a card…
I’m so going to enjoy this.
Ahahahaha!

Yusho: Who is that boy?

Reiji: He looks like your son,
But he’s probably Yuri.

Yusho: Yuri?

Asuka: Instructor, go on ahead!

Asuka: I’ll hold Yuri off!
So, please hurry up!
You’re the only one who can persuade the Professor!

Yusho: All right.
I’ll go on ahead!

Yuri: Aw~
They’re gone!
But no matter.
I’ll just have to take you down quickly, and chase after them.

Asuka: I won’t let you get in their way!

Yuri: Oh, how scary.
By the way, do you know what this is?

Asuka: T-That is…

Yuri: That’s right.
This is a special deck that is given to honor students like you.

Yuri: You know all the cards, too, right?

Yuri: By the way, this is the deck that I always use.
Say…
Which deck do you want me to use to defeat you?

Asuka: Are you mocking me!?
Just use the deck you’re accustomed to, and have a fair and square fight with me!

Yuri: I thought you’d say that.
Then…
I’ll use the honor student deck instead of my own deck!
(Buy Ancient Gears, kids)

Yuri: Let’s get started, shall we?
Ahahaha!

Asuka & Yuri: DUEL!

Asuka: I’ll take the first move!
I activate the Ritual Magic, Machine Angel Absolute Ritual!

Asuka: Then, from my hand, I release the Level-5 Cyber Tutubon, and Ritual Summon!
Angel of light who hides healing powers!
With your elegant appearance, heal those who are wounded!
Descend!
Level-5! Cyber Angel Nasatya!

Asuka: On the turn that Cyber Tutubon is released as a material for a Ritual Summon…
I can add one Ritual Magic from the Graveyard to my hand!
I’m adding Machine Angel Absolute Ritual to my hand!
This card has another effect.
I’ll activate it!
By returning the Level-5 Cyber Tutubon from the Graveyard to my deck,
I can perform another Ritual Summon!
I summon another Nasatya!

Asuka: Once per turn,
Nasatya can target a monster on my Field,
And increase my Life Points by half of that monster’s ATK!

Yuri: Really?
You’re just going to increase your Life a tiny bit and summon two monsters with 1000 DEF, and end your turn?

Asuka: When there is a Cyber monster besides itself on my Field, Nasatya can negate an attack that is directed toward it.

Sora: Since there are two monsters with that effect,
The opponent’s attacks will be completely sealed off!

Asuka: Exactly.
I end my turn.

Yuri: I see.
You set up a pretty strong defense…
I’d better do my best, then.

Yuri: All right, it’s my turn!
I shall draw my first card from the honor student deck!

Yuri: Hmm…Hang on a sec.

Asuka: Heh? Wait…
You don’t really know this deck?

Yuri: Hmm… I see.
It’s probably this one.
I activate the Continuous Magic, Antique Gear Fortress!

Yuri: Next up is…
I activate the Magic Card, Antique Gear Catapult!

Yuri: Let’s see…When I have no monster on my Field,
Antique Gear Catapult can destroy one of my face-up cards?
Then, I shall destroy Antique Gear Fortress!

Sora: He destroyed his Continuous Magic right away!?

Asuka: It’s because he’s using a deck he’s unfamiliar with…

Yuri: No. I’m sure I’m not making any mistake.
By destroying a card with Antique Gear Catapult,
I can Special Summon Antique Gear Gadget from my deck!
And when Antique Gear Fortress is destroyed,
I can Special Summon Antique Gear Wyvern from my hand!

Yuri: Oh?
When Antique Gear Wyvern is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned,
I can add an Antique Gear card besides itself from the deck to my hand!
Well, then…
Which one shall I choose?
Oh?
Oh my…
Does this mean that I can bring out the trump card!?

Sora: Trump card?

Asuka: Here it comes…

Yuri: All right, here I go…
Once per turn, I can treat Antique Gear Gadget as a Gadget monster.
I treat Antique Gear Gadget as Red Gadget, and release it along with Antique Gear Wyvern in order to Advance Summon!

Yuri: Come on out!
Level-9! Antique Gear Reactor Dragon!

Yuri: Look! I brought it out!
I guess I didn’t make any mistake at all, huh?

Sora: There’s no way that the trump card of a special deck used by honor students would be Advance Summoned!
That bastard…

Yuri: Battle!
I attack Nasatya with Reactor Dragon!

Asuka: Nasatya’s effect!
When there is a Cyber monster besides itself, it can negate an attack that is directed toward it!

Yuri: Whoops! That’s right!
Ah, but it says that when Reactor Dragon attacks,
Until the end of Damage Step,
The opponent cannot activate Monster Effects, Magic, or Trap Cards.

Yuri: Oh, it also has a few more effects as well, it seems.
When this dragon is Advance Summoned by releasing an Antique Gear,
It can inflict piercing damage when it attacks a Defense Position monster!

Yuri: I was able to master a deck I’m using for the first time!
I sure am a genius!

Yuri: Oh.
My turn is not over yet!
When Reactor Dragon is Advance Summoned by releasing a Gadget,
I can attack a second time!

Yuri: Oh. I’m sure an honor student like Asuka-san would know.
About its effects and all…

Yuri: Well then, I attack Nasatya with Reactor Dragon!
And inflict piercing damage!

Asuka: AAAHHH!

Sora: Ah!

Yuri: Hmm~ This is so frustrating!
If I can attack one more time, this would be over by now!
Guess it can’t be helped.
Delayed gratification is a thing, I guess.
I set one card facedown and end my turn.
All right, it’s your turn.
I want to go next as soon as possible,
So be quick about it.

Yuri: Hurry up~!
Hurry up~!
Hurry up~!
Hurry up~!

Yugo: Hurry…Hurry…

Yuya: Hurry…Hurry!
Hey!

Obelisk Student: Eh?

Yuya: A girl named Yuzu should be somewhere in here!
Do you know where she is?

Yuri: Hurry up~!
Hurry up~!
Hurry up~!

Asuka: You think I’ll let it end like this!?
It’s my turn!
I activate the effect of Nasatya from my Graveyard!
By banishing a Cyber Angel besides itself from the Graveyard,
I can Special Summon one Nasatya!

Asuka: With that effect, I can take control of one monster on my opponent’s Field!

Yuri: What!?

Sora: She did it!
She took control of the 3000 ATK dragon!

Yuri: How evil!
Not only do you steal students from Academia,
But you also steal even my monster!

Asuka: Right back at you!
You robbed many important friends from us!
Now you know how painful it is to have the things you treasure robbed from you!

Yuri: The things I treasure?

Asuka: I activate Nasatya’s Monster Effect!
Once per turn, I can increase my Life Points by half the ATK of a monster on my Field!
I choose Antique Gear Reactor Dragon!

Sora: Reactor Dragon can attack two times!
If she inflicts 3000 damage twice…

Asuka: Battle!
With Antique Gear Reactor Dragon, I conduct a direct att--

Yuri: At this moment, I activate the Trap Card, Unfinished Antique Gear!
With it, I can Special Summon Antique Gear Golem from my hand in Defense Position, ignoring its summoning conditions!

Yuri: However, the ATK and DEF of a monster Special Summoned through this effect will be halved.

Asuka: Your struggle is pointless, then!
Then, I attack Antique Gear Golem with Reactor Dragon!

Yuri: A monster Special Summoned through Unfinished Antique Gear’s effect cannot be destroyed in battle during this turn!

Asuka: But you’ll still receive piercing damage!

Asuka: Then, I attack a second time!
Go, Reactor Dragon!

Yuri: Ah!

Yuri: You’re pretty harsh.
But I still have a trump card!

Asuka: If it’s Polymerization, you won’t be able to use it.

Yuri: Hah!?

Asuka: Back then, I believed that Academia was right.
But now that I know the truth…
I won’t let anyone else be turned into card!

Asuka: Academia has to be erased.
I’ve made up my mind.
I won’t use this anymore!
I won’t let you use it, either.

Asuka: I send the Magic Card, Polymerization, from my hand to the Graveyard,
And activate the Continuous Magic, Fusion Destruction!

Yuri: Fusion Destruction!?

Asuka: I can check my opponent’s deck,
And banish up to three Magic or Trap Cards that have “Polymerization” or “Fusion” in their names,
Inflicting 300 damage for each one!

Yuri: Up to three cards!?

Asuka: You haven’t activated even one Polymerization during this Duel.
There should be three of them in your deck!
All right! Banish them!

Asuka: And then, you’ll receive a total of 900 damage!

Asuka: I end my turn with this.

Yuri: You’ve done so many horrible deeds…
You took my monster from me,
And even Polymerization as well…

Asuka: That’s how it’s always been for us.
Our friends were taken away, and turned into cards.
It was painful for all of us.
There are many people like that in the world!

Asuka: The pain of losing those you treasure…
Well? Do you understand how it feels now?

Yuri: Those…I treasure…

Asuka: Seems like you finally understood it.

Yuri: Yeah…
I didn’t think it’d be so painful.

Asuka: Now that you understand that pain,
You and I can probably become friends as well.

Asuka: If you can be brave,
You can escape from Academia!

Yuri: Escape…from Academia…

Yuri: As far as I know, I’m just an Academia student.
I don’t know any relatives, nor did I have any friends.
The only time I can connect with someone is when I Duel them.
It was fun defeating my opponents through Dueling…
However…
I was so strong that people resented me…
Eventually, nobody even bothers approaching me.
That time…
A man known as the Professor called out to me.
The Professor told me that when the Arc Area Project begins,
I can Duel as much as I like, and I can turn the people I defeated into cards.

Yuri: I had a lot of fun since then.
As I turned people into cards,
The Professor was pleased as well…

Yuri: But you know what,
None of it matters now.
I want to have fun, so I will continue to turn people into cards!

Leo: Huh!?

Yuri: Now, and forevermore!

Asuka: Hold on!
If you keep doing that,
There’s no way you’ll be able to gain a single friend!
If you turn everyone into cards, there’ll be no one left.
You’ll be all alone in the world!

Yuri: I’ll be all alone in this world?

Asuka: Eh?

Yuri: Sounds good…
That means that I am the strongest!

Yuri: All right, let’s continue where we left off.
It’s my turn!
I activate the Magic Card, Antique Gear Garage!
I return one Antique Gear from my Graveyard to my hand!

Yuri: I return Antique Gear Wyvern to my hand, and summon it!

Yuri: When Antique Gear Wyvern is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned,
I can add an Antique Gear card besides itself from the deck to my hand!
I add Antique Gear Box to my hand.
Then, by sending it to the Graveyard,
I can activate the Quick-Play Magic, Super Polymerization!

Sora: Super Polymerization!?

Asuka: Why is that card…!?
Why is that card in that deck…!?

Yuri: Ahahahaha!
Why, you asked?
Because I put it into the deck, obviously!
Or did you think that I’ll use it as it is without knowing the deck recipe?

Yuri: By the way, this card was in my hand from the beginning,
So you wouldn’t be able to banish it from the deck.

Asuka: From the beginning…
You tricked me!

Yuri: You’re an honor student, all right.
You really are honest to the point of stupidity!
Ahahahaha!

Yuri: With Super Polymerization, I can use monsters on both my and the opponent’s Fields as Fusion Materials!

Asuka: Wha…!?

Yuri: I’ll offer the monster that betrayed me as a sacrifice.

Asuka: B-But due to the Continuous Magic, Fusion Destruction, the activation of a Polymerization card will…

Yuri: It won’t work!
No effect can be activated in response to Super Polymerization’s activation!

Yuri: I’m fusing my Antique Gear Golem and Antique Gear Wyvern, as well as the Antique Gear Reactor Dragon on your Field!
Ancient giant!
Soaring dragon!
Dragon that shines in the depths!
Become one now,
And demonstrate your tremendous power!
Fusion Summon!
Come forth!
Level-10! Antique Gear Ultimate Golem!

Asuka: 4400 ATK!

Yuri: Hahahaha!

Yuri: Unfortunately,
It looks like we’re not going to become friends after all!

Asuka: You didn’t care about that all along!

Yuri: Haha!
Battle!
Antique Gear Ultimate Golem attacks Cyber Angel Nasatya!
Antique Gear Ultimate Golem can inflict piercing damage!
This is the end!

Asuka: AAAHHHHHH!

Yuri: I can’t live without turning people into cards.
It’s like breathing to me.
Thanks to you,
I was able to have a dream.
A dream where I turn all people in the world…No, in all dimensions, into cards!
Hahahaha!

Asuka: You…

Yuri: AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Asuka: NOOOOO!

Yuri: Thank you.
Honor student, Asuka-san.
Well then, next up is…

Sora: How!?

Yuri: Oh, that’s right.
As a matter of fact, I can use the system of this place as well.
I had you play the role of a trapped mouse.

Yuri: After all…where’s the fun in it if there’s no spectators?
Ahahaha!

Sora: You…

Yuri: Well then, it’s time for your execution, Shiun’in Sora.

Obelisk Student: If you’re looking for that Yuzu girl,
She should be in the laboratory up ahead…

Yuya: Thank you!

Yuya: YUZUUUUUU!

So Yuri is the sum of the sociopathic attitude of Vector and want to see all dimensions "burns" (but here he want to card everyone everywhere) like the Joker in The Dark Knight. Yuri confirmed best villain of Arc-V.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
18th September 2016, 08:43 PM
Wouldn't it be kinda baggy in the chest then?

She was younger and less developed.

J. D. Guy
18th September 2016, 08:58 PM
Although dat Wyvern misplay...

That wasn't a misplay. Anime Wyvern is explicitly missing that restriction.

Considering that all of the other real cards from the Structure are transcribed word-for-word onto their Anime counterparts, this exclusion was likely deliberately done so as not to have the faffing Yuri block himself into a corner where he wouldn't be able to Set that facedown because he didn't know about Wyvern's effect restriction until after he played it and activated its effect.

Granted, under normal circumstances, Setting that Trap first would have been the way to go, but then it wouldn't be in line with him not knowing how the less common Ancient Gear support works.

Dyson Sphere
18th September 2016, 11:53 PM
great episode, that kids evil smile at the end gave me relief that people were just faking egaoing with maybe the exception of a few people, and man yuri just continues to be the best yu, also yuris dream is to card all people and be the strongest, does that include the professor?

ScionStorm
19th September 2016, 01:29 AM
yuris dream is to card all people and be the strongest, does that include the professor?

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!

I would think eventually, the dog would turn on its master.

melcarba
19th September 2016, 03:07 AM
At least, Yuri shills with style.

Kishin
19th September 2016, 03:16 AM
Yuri: Pick your poison.
This Troll
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsoqaWIUsAEMvrn.jpg

Its really to bad that Asuka can't use her trump card Cyber Angel Vishnu (if that is her trump card). If she did.. she might have a chance of winning. But then again Summoning those weak ritual summon with atk of 1k get blown so easily by his 3k atk Antique Gear Reactor Dragon and she didn't even set a trap. Man is she really a honor student. Lol.. She must have a bad hand and she really do need a Action card if only she has a action field crossover card, but to bad she can't.

At the end..Yuri is to Victorious OP no matter what deck he use.

ScionStorm
19th September 2016, 04:45 AM
You think Yuri does his own eyebrows?

KingJinzo
19th September 2016, 06:09 AM
Its really to bad that Asuka can't use her trump card Cyber Angel Vishnu (if that is her trump card). If she did.. she might have a chance of winning. But then again Summoning those weak ritual summon with atk of 1k get blown so easily by his 3k atk Antique Gear Reactor Dragon and she didn't even set a trap. Man is she really a honor student. Lol.. She must have a bad hand and she really do need a Action card if only she has a action field crossover card

The two Nasateiyas were in Defense Position since their ATK are almost useless. The only reason she got damage was bevause of Piercing Damage. But they weren't completely helpless since they can negate attacks once per turn. And even if they would be destroyed, they can come back and steal a monster, so it's a countermeasure that was prepared from the beginning.

Regarding her hand, it had two Ritual Monsters, a Ritual Spell Card, a Level 5 Effect Monster and one unknown card plus another one.

yshipster
19th September 2016, 07:35 AM
The two Nasateiyas were in Defense Position since their ATK are almost useless. The only reason she got damage was bevause of Piercing Damage. But they weren't completely helpless since they can negate attacks once per turn. And even if they would be destroyed, they can come back and steal a monster, so it's a countermeasure that was prepared from the beginning.

Regarding her hand, it had two Ritual Monsters, a Ritual Spell Card, a Level 5 Effect Monster and one unknown card plus another one.

One of those two cards was either Polymerization or Fusion Destruction, since she couldn't draw both in the next turn.

KingJinzo
19th September 2016, 08:31 AM
One of those two cards was either Polymerization or Fusion Destruction, since she couldn't draw both in the next turn.

I totally forgot about those two. Anyway, that proves that she had no Trap Cards in her hand. Only Monsters and Spells.

ScionStorm
19th September 2016, 10:23 AM
Would have liked her to Doble Passe just once following its OCG release before she got carded. A little disappointed about that.

Baconator
19th September 2016, 01:46 PM
Theory crafting time. Yuri is using a structure deck called re-volt because he's going to lead a revolt against academia. Maybe some kind of murderous faction that doesn't care about the professors plan.

KingJinzo
19th September 2016, 09:15 PM
Theory crafting time. Yuri is using a structure deck called re-volt because he's going to lead a revolt against academia. Maybe some kind of murderous faction that doesn't care about the professors plan.

While Yuri's loyalty to the Professor is questionable with this episode, I think he would follow him until only both of them exist and then Yuri would try to card him; basically turning against the master a la Juri (from SFIV) style: follow them until it gets boring.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
20th September 2016, 03:55 AM
Was this supposed to be an attempt at making Yuri into a threatening villain, or did they realize they wouldn't be able to accomplish that, and instead opted to shill the Structure Deck?

NassX
20th September 2016, 12:57 PM
Was this supposed to be an attempt at making Yuri into a threatening villain, or did they realize they wouldn't be able to accomplish that, and instead opted to shill the Structure Deck?

they just wanted publicity for the new structure deck

KingJinzo
20th September 2016, 08:21 PM
While they could have given the Honor Student deck to a new character who could be an Honor Student or just to an ARC-V version of Chronos, I can understand why it does fit more or less with Yuri and how this deck adds more depth to his character.

Yes, it's blatant promotion, but everybody else could have been used for that purpose, but why Yuri?

Well, let's go a bit deeper into it. Most of Academia's student are using Antique Gear decks and it has been proven several times that they can be surprisingly be troublesome to the opponent. It can be assumed that all the Antique Gear students received their decks from Academia. Not only students, but other agents like Roget run Antique Gears. Even among soldiers who have a very individual personality, Dennis also has some of them, which pretty much tells that everyone at some given point had to play with them as part of their studying. So, it's obvious that all Academia students should know about the most basic Antique Gear cards, which includes the hounds and especially them. Having an Honor Student deck for their "best" students makes sense. And Yuri trolling Asuka that he doesn't know much about them makes it clear that, while he is very capable of playing an Antique Gear deck, he prefers his other deck which is apparently better than the Honor Student deck.

So, but why uses Yuri this deck anyway. One can say that the writers wanted to use the Yuutousei ("Honor Student") pun on Yuri, since they're both counterparts to each other and Yuri doesn't show much parallels to Yuto. But this episode clearly tells us that Yuri is not an Honor Student. He's feared by everyone, maybe only a few people might actually respect him as a person or soldier, but pretty much everyone seems to fear him (I'm looking at you, Roget). Yuri is not acting as a soldier, but more like a sociopathic mercenary who doesn't care about his comrades, and it is implied that Academia students do feel some comradery for each other, e.g. when Sora called his Academia colleagues "comrades". My point is that Yuri doesn't qualify as an Honor Student. He uses this deck against Asuka, an Honor Student who even was known as an Honor Student in GX. Asuka is basically Yuri's foil. They are both strong, but Asuka is popular by the students and respected by everyone and she's an excellent student. There is actually a parallel between Yuri and Judai, who is another powerful duelist that doesn't qualify as an Honor Student. The fact that Yuri modified his Honor Student deck and how well he can play with this archetype anyway even when he's pretending to be a AG scrub, he's insulting of the idea that only Honor Students can play such powerful decks. And he's insulting honor students like Asuka, and he might have a slightly personal contempt with her.

Now we go beyond the Antique Gears:
Since this episode had a focus on the importance of honor students and isolation, Yuri can be seen as a Judai who never got friends despite his strength. Kaiser, who certainly wasn't the nicest person in season 1, was still respected because of his strength, his grades, his coolness, and his occasional friendliness. Asuka was popular and respected because of her beauty, her strong personality, her skills and grades (hell, remember the one teacher who lost his last bit of sanity because he got a fake flashback of Asuka acting not as an honor student). Actually, this guy pretty much told Judai how much of a bad influence he was to other students. Judai was the best duelist in school, but a very bad student, the worst opposite of honor students. Being strong with no studying. While we don't how good Yuri is in studying, but there is a big difference between him and Judai that might have influenced their life. Judai was a friendly person who got along with everyone (even with Manjoume and Edo sometimes), and because of his friendliness and charisma, he didn't go the bad route until he lost one friend he could really relate with. Yuri on the other hand had no friends whatsover because of him being creepy and a jerkass and the only fun he had was carding people. Since carding people is an essential part of his dueling life, and how competitive the curriculum is (the color ranking indicates this), Yuri had never fun with a friend in a duel, while Judai had always in duels (for the most part) without hurting people. People assume that Yuri and Dennis might be friends, but that might be not the case. Yuri was definitively threatening to Dennis, and Dennis being Dennis, he does know how to get along with Yuri without going to far on pushing his buttons. Maybe they really are friends, or maybe not. It depends on how Yuri feels about Dennis's fate.

The darkness inside Yuri is another parallel he shares with Judai, not to mention the outfit.

But back to the Honor Student thing. Despite many of the Academia soldiers do gang up on people and many of them carded innocent bystanders, most of them do see their Hunting Game as an honorable thing, and those who didn't see the terror they've made, they are just believing that what they are doing is justified. Serena's idealism of Academia was about honor, and some duelists like Barrett are good examples how honorable Academia can be. Sanders's students also believe that carding the loser is an honorable end, and while we do see soldiers being sadistic and "evil" when they card people, we can also interpret it as points for their personal carding scores (which technically is evil). And as evil Sora was acting in episode 34, he could have been simply drawn with a normal face instead, which might have given his reveal as something like a "hero worshipping"-or-"glorying your comrades"-vibe. Yuri on the other hand doesn't seem to care about honor at all. He's simply doing all that of his own fun, not necessarily for Academia or the Professor. The Professor is just giving him a free pass to eliminate people without consequences and he may get praised for his crimes. And some of his mission do entertain him, such as kidnapping girls, so he has nothing to lose.

I think this episode did it right that they have to give some characterization to Yuri, since he has been around for almost 90 episodes now, but hasn't been doing much and not much about him was known other that he's just evil and likes having fun. We don't know how much influence the darkness inside him has on Yuri's evilness, but if Yuri's true personality is the one we know that darkness has no influence on his true personality, then the combination of his evil personality and his slumbering darkness is a deadly combination. Yuya is more or less able to surpress his Awakening, and Yuto also managed to go back. And Yugo isn't evil either. But a guy who is evil to begin with will have no bounds on him if his darkness awakens with full force, and now that we have a "face" of the devlish darkness, we can assume that Yuya and co. might end up being even deadlier than we assumed. Yuya's awakening in episode 87 implied that he might be able to destroy cities, so combining all of four of them will probably end up in a catastrophe.

KingKaash
27th September 2016, 01:50 AM
I finally got to watch this episode and I love the way they displayed Yuri in this episode! He's funny, has the desire to win win, is dominant and downright pure evil. I felt bad for little Yuri not having friends though but that made him the man he is now. He made this Ancient Gear display fun with the way he was reading the card effects and learning on the fly. And the use of Super Poly was exactly what I expected from the Yuya of Academia. He's easily becoming one of the best characters ever in the Yugioh franchise.

I'm really shocked to see the Professor really shocked. I thought he knew everything about the 4 little boys and girls who share the same face. It was great to see him surprised out of fear and actually give emotion towards who else but Academia's feared Yuri.

KingJinzo
30th September 2016, 09:55 PM
By the way, I just noticed that the animation of Super Polymerization seems to suck a lot of cards. Could it possibly absorb carded people to pull of that Fusion Summon?