PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 125 Discussion - Mega Charizard Y

KingJinzo
2nd October 2016, 10:43 AM
The recap tells us that Yuya/Yuto vs Ruri & Serena happened at the same time when Yuri carded Asuka. Anyway, the Fall Season has started and now we have a new opening. Some of us were expecting the worst, but the opening is surprisingly good. The boys with their dragons, and the Kachou Fuugetsu reference with the girls. Hell, Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon looks even more heroic than Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon in the last three opening. The music is not bad at all, the visuals are nice, and it keeps Yuya's Entertainment. We also get a glimpse of old ARC-V characters we haven't seen in a while, giving a "final opening" vibe. Oh Ra, please, don't end it soon.

The episodes starts with Yuri vs Sora. Yuri has Antique Gear Hydra on the field, while Sora Fusion Summons Des-Toy Mad Chimaera with Des-Toy Fusion, using Scissor Bear and two DT Modokis as Fusion Materials, destroying Hydra with Mad Chimaera and taking control of it.

We go back to the threesome/foursome. Yuto uses an Action Card to destroy Parasite Queen, but Serena sends a Parasite Fusioner to the Graveyard to negate the destruction, losing 300 ATK . When Dark Rebellion goes Hangyaku no Lighting Disobey on Parasite Queen, but Serena uses the Queen's effect to equip Dark Rebellion with Ruri's Parasite Fusioner and decreases its ATK by 800, and then she activates her Trap Card Power Parasite to re-equip her Parasite Queen with her Parasite Fusioner from her Graveyard and boosting her with 300 ATK plus 300 ATK by Parasite Queen's own effect. With that, the damage Yuto would've taken is high enough to end the duel, but Yuto being not Yuya, he uses a Quick Spell Card to destroy all monsters and end the Battle Phase, but both Serena and Yuto use Parasite Fusioner's effect to negate the destruction of their monsters, and as a result, Dark Rebellion's and Parasite Queen's ATK go back to their original, and the Quick-Spell inflicts 800 damage for each monster destroyed during the Battle Phase, causing damage to the owners of the Parasite Fusioners, Serena and Ruri, the latter taking her first damage. Yuto sets a card and end his turn. For those who wonder why Yuto doesn't use Treason Discharge on Parasite Queen, it has been established in last episode that Parasite Plant protects the Parasite monsters from the opponent's monster effects.

Ruri uses Serena's Parasite Plant to equip Parasite Queen with a Parasite Fusioner from her deck and taking control of her, then she uses a Spell Card to equip Dark Rebellion with their Parasite Fusioners from their Graveyard. With that, Parasite Queen gains 900 ATK due to three Parasite Fusioners being on the field, while Dark Rebellion loses 1600 ATK. Parasite Queen attacks Dark Rebellion, but Yuto, with the help of his dragon, activates Evasion to negate the attack, but Ruri uses a Quick-Spell to attack a second time. Yuto does his own acrobatic thing and activates Miracle to negate the destruction and half the damage, but he gets hit by Parasite Queen's acid and lands on the wall, causing him to lose control over Yuya's body.

A little parasite lands on Yuya shoulder, Ruri sets a card and ends her turn, and Serena does the same thing what Ruri did, taking control of Parasite Queen with another Parasite Fusioner. She and Yuya go for an Action Card (yes, Serena does finally do some acrobatic stunts), and at that time, the parasite crawls inside Yuya's ear and head. Der Doktor tries to take control of Yuya's brain, but the parasite is simply sucked within Yuya's inner darkness, causing Yuya to awaken what people may call, yeah some of you already knows his name. Well, the moment doesn't last enough and Yuya goes back to normal. But it's enough to intimidate the girls. Serena attacks Dark Rebellion with Parasite Queen, but Yuya uses Yuto's Trap Card to discard the Action Card he just got when he and Serena had their little action thing, negating the effect and summon the Trap Card as an Effect Monster. Serena sends a card and ends her turn.

Meanwhile, Yuri vs Sora continues from the point we have stopped, and yes, the Ancient Gear theme is playing in the background, which means shit is going to happen. Yuri activates Antique Gear inspection to return his stolen Hydra to his hand and draw a card. He trolls Sora with his egao, only to show his creepy eyes shortly afterwards and activating Polymerization a.k.a. Yuugou a.k.a. not Yuugo, fusing Golem, Wyvern and Gadget from his hand to Fusion Summon Ultimate Golem, attacking Mad Chimaera with it and winning the duel. He is about to card the little boy, but he stops when Yugo and our favorite British Anti-Hero with his obsession with Ds hit the scene.
hit the scene.

Back to Yuya's threesome with the two differently shaded purple Yuzus.

Now that Yuto's will is weaker, Yuya now draws his own cards from the deck (and Yuto's), drawing his Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon. He uses Yuto's Magnet Ring to equip it with all four Parasite Fusioners (strengthening Dark Rebellion and weakening Parasite Queen) and tributes it to draw two new cards. Yuya activates Odd-Eyes Accel to Normal Summon Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon without Tribute, and the two dragons start to react for some reason. Serena activates her Trap Card Parasite Magic to use Ruri's Parasite Discharge from her Graveyard and Special Summon her third Parasite Fusioner from her deck, while in reaction to that, Ruri activates her Continuous Trap Card Parasite Generator to Special Summon another Parasite Fusioner from her deck and then she revives all four Parasite Fusioners from their Graveyards. And the Parasite Fusioners now count as two monsters each and they cannot be destroyed by the opponent's monster effects, also Parasite Queen gains a huge boost, going from 1800 to 5400 thanks to having "twelve" Parasite Fusioners on the field.

After Ruri's little taunting, der Doktor with his German title shows up on a holoscreen, only to show how he's taken control of Yuzu. Yeah, huge mistake. When Yuya is awakening, the Parasite Fusioners are trembling in fear, and yes, he awakens, using Yuto's Phantom Knights Connection to give Dark Rebellion Odd-Eyes' Level. And Yuto also awakens in sync with Yuya, but his eyes are the same as Yuya's. Yes, he literally has the same eyes. Alain overlays his two dragons, but instead of summoning Mega Charizard X, he summons Mega Charizard Y. But the big thing is, like Starve Venom previously, Odd-Eyes Raging has its effect buffed. Yuya detachs all Over Ray Units to destroy all other cards on the field, and while it does that, all Spell and Trap Cards have their effects negated. Due to that, neither Ruri's Parasite Generator nor Serena's Parasite Plant are able to protect their Parasite monsters from the dragon's destructive wings, and with that, Odd-Eyes Raging destroys nine cards and gains 200 ATK for each destroyed card. Serena and Ruri believe that if one of them are defeated, the other one would continue the duel, but since Odd-Eyes Raging can attack twice, they both don't "survive" Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon's Fungeki no Destruction Burst, creating a huge whole through the wall, although both girls don't look injured at all. Maybe for the better.

Yuya's gets back to his sense. He tries to talk to Serena and Ruri who pretend to be unconscious, and when Kurosaki regains his consciousness, Serena use the chance to kick Yuya's legs and both girls run away (and like Yuzu, Ruri runs like a girl). Kurosaki tells Yuya to follow them and leave him behind. What a nice dragon. Destructive to everything but the two girls who look like Yuya's to-be-girlfriend.

At that time, Reiji, Reira and Yusyo are surrounded by blue mooks who guide them to the Professor. Yuya follows Serena and Ruri to dem Doktor's laboratory and he's caged in by grids (at least those are faster than those grids Sora activated). Der Doktor leave with the four Bracelet Girls the room and keeps the screen on, so Yuya would follow the Professor's exposition in the next episode. With Reiji, Reira and Yusyo meeting the Professor, it's the first time since three years that Yuya finally sees his father with his own eyes, which coincidently is the same moment when Reiji meets his father again after three years. And the Professor isn't even talking to his son, but to Yusyo. What a great father he is. And Reira? How much does he even know about that guy. He's not even his adoptive father. He's just a stranger who is the biological father of his big brother.

Okay, here is the new ending. The music is meh, and the art is different, but it's still a lot nicer than the fifth ending. It features the four Dragon Boys with their Bracelet Girls interacting with each other in their free times. Yes, we even get YuriXSerena. Other than the eight of them, we get to see the You Show trio (Tatsuya, Futoshi and Ayu), Kurosaki and the Professor in this ending. Remember that Yugo and Rin have only each other in their daily life? Also, we get a photo of all eight of them, and Yugo being a funny idiot he is, he likes to take the spotlight. Like the new opening, the ending also foreshadows the two spoiler characters:
Zarc and Ray.

Now for the preview:

-The Professor is doing his exposition.
-A black man (or simply a younger Professor Leo Akaba with hair with more enthuasism) is studying Wheel of Prophecy and Hazy Flame Sphinx.
-We see the silhouettes of Odd-Eyes Dragon (yes, the original one), Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon and Starve Venom Fusion Dragon (you and your evolution theories, s*ckers).
-Yuya's Pendulum is glowing and he and Yuto are awakening.
-Looks like Edo and Kaito are trying to help him out of the cage while he's awakening.
-Something about one world and Pandora's Box.

Next week I'm on a convention, so I might not be able to post the next "review" early, but maybe later. Well, I hope I can find a computer.

LolsterXD97
2nd October 2016, 11:46 AM
I like how Phantom Knights Position made the Xiang duo useless (also Odd-Eyes Accel was nice too).

The episode seemed fine, I enjoyed Raging Dragon laying waste to the room and the Doctor finally shitting his pants. But so much Parasite support instead of the girls' own Decks is meh (only Discharge was enough tbh).

I hope the preview finally shuts down the "SVFD is an evo" theories since Odd-Eyes Dragon also appears.

Personaly I liked both Opening and Ending, way better than Light of Hope and Vision. Also since this doesn't spoil too much, it doesn't get outdated as quickly as Light of Hope. We also get to see Leo's cards and silhouetes of Zarc and Ray (which basically are SSJ Yuya and Yuzu with longer pigtails).

KingJinzo
2nd October 2016, 12:15 PM
But so much Parasite support instead of the girls' own Decks is meh (only Discharge was enough tbh).

I think that's the point. We didn't see enough of the Parasites since the previous duels were much shorter. It also gives us more personality to dem Doktor and how well Parasite cards can be included in Fusion decks, giving you a Parasite-hybrid option. After all, it metaphorically fits how the parasites are infecting their decks and that the infection is spreading across their whole decks. Of course, more Moonlights and Lyrical Lusciniae could have been nice, but since they don't support each other very well, Serena and Ruri's combi wouldn't work as well as with the Parasite support.

Kishin
2nd October 2016, 01:00 PM
Real damage or not.

If Raging dragon was able to do that much damage to the room. Those girls shouldn't be able to run while getting a full blast from Raging dragon.

Anyway playing Bleach-Treachery at the scene Yuuya go berserk. Man.. its so epic.

KingJinzo
2nd October 2016, 03:02 PM
Real damage or not.

If Odd-Eyes Raging was able to do that much damage to the room. Those girls shouldn't be able to run while getting a full blast from Odd-Eyes Raging.

Maybe love spared their health? Or they are really, really tough.

HelixReactor
2nd October 2016, 03:34 PM
I really like this new opening. Maybe it's just me but I felt like it had a lot of 5d's vibes.

I'm fine with this new ending, too. But it's a bit too upbeat/happy, and,at least for this episode, it didn't fit at all the tense conclusion. If this really is going to be the final ending, then all episodes will most likely end in a pretty negative tone, and it'll get annoying really quickly. In any case, seems like whoever made the sequence checked the fanarts about the adorably abusive relationship between Yuri and Serena, as well as Shun not approving Yuto's Dark Rebellion against the bro code :P

Anyway, for the episode itself, I don't much to say except that Berserk/Awakened/Teenage Tantrum Yuya gets more disturbing than ever whenever something tries to take control of him. Serena and Ruri are lucky to have a plot armor solid enough to not only let them survive Raging Dragon's attacks, but also almost immediately recover from them.

In any case, I don't think the Doctor was shown on the opening, no? This probably means that the mind conrol sub-plot will be over soon, hopefully.

KingJinzo
2nd October 2016, 03:48 PM
I really like this new opening. Maybe it's just me but I felt like it had a lot of 5d's vibes.

I'm fine with this new ending, too. But it's a bit too upbeat/happy, and,at least for this episode, it didn't fit at all the tense conclusion. If this really is going to be the final ending, then all episodes will most likely end in a pretty negative tone, and it'll get annoying really quickly. In any case, seems like whoever made the sequence checked the fanarts about the adorably abusive relationship between Yuri and Serena, as well as Kurosaki not approving Yuto's Dark Rebellion against the bro code :P
Many series with dark plots have upbeat openings to lighten up the mood of the viewers. Well, it does a good job with that. It's not like CHALLENGE the GAME which is basically a death theme.

Regarding when the series is going to end, they were rumors about Spring 2017, which means that ARC-V would have at least two anime seasons, Fall and Winter. The Spring Season starts in April and ends in June, so if ARC-V would end in the Spring Season, it might in the end of June 2017. So, there might be one to two potential new opening and ending themes after the Fall Season ends in December 2016/early January 2017.

marsh381
2nd October 2016, 04:48 PM
Maybe its because time just goes by fast when you're in college but honestly I don't see pendulums warranting and major discontinuation for another new theme. Personally it doesn't appear they were around that long (or maybe its because there isn't a lot of pendulum archetypes in comparison with the others. Because in 5D's Synchro's were the base of majority/all the archetypes, Zexal XYZ's, and with Arc-V they kind of split things up amongst the 5 (rituals included)).
I hope that Arc-V has another run after this arc because looking back, each YGO series has had 2 major different stories in them, but Arc-V has just has one.
Hell, if YGO continues (this franchise ain't dying anytime soon) with a new cast I at least hope they just continue to build off of the existing card types instead of making new ones.
Fingers crossed for a time-skip of Arc-V to have them a little older in Arc-V2?

*personal thoughts*
regarding the opening, I do admit I was surprised by how well the opening turned out. Maybe its because they didn't have all the band members sing at once for the main parts and just kept to one guy, only introducing other members during the chorus. Because I will say, if everyone in that band started singing at once it would have immediately sounded like the Ed song we have. (and damn, the ed has so many screen-capable moments)

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
2nd October 2016, 04:52 PM
I think we have a serious contender for one of the worst YGO OPs ever, just in terms of music.

As for the episode itself: it's another "Hitotsu Ni shows up and does fucking nothing" episode. Good to know they're still squandering screentime with pointless shitty duels and refusing to create meaningful character interactions or plot points. At least Haou Resturyuu was fucking cool. Too bad any menace it had was invalidated by the discrepancy between vaporizing a metal wall and leaving two girls unscathed beyond knocking them over. I'm half-convinced part of the reason they brainwashed Yuzu was so that they didn't have to give her lines that would be important to her character, or further her relationship with Yuya.

KingJinzo
2nd October 2016, 04:59 PM
I think we have a serious contender for one of the worst YGO OPs ever, just in terms of music.
I don't think so. Tastes are different. For me, the worst ARC-V opening is Burn!, and it's very popular by some viewers. I like Pendulum Beat! more than Burn!, Kirifuda and let's see if it surpasses my fondness of KIBOU NO HIKARI. I don't think it won't beat Believe×Believe or HANATE imo. Not to mention that the opinion of music changes after hearing them several times.

As for the episode itself: it's another "Hitotsu Ni shows up and does fucking nothing" episode. Good to know they're still squandering screentime with pointless shitty duels and refusing to create meaningful character interactions or plot points. At least Haou Retsuryuu was fucking cool. Too bad any menace it had was invalidated by the discrepancy between vaporizing a metal wall and leaving two girls unscathed beyond knocking them over. I'm half-convinced part of the reason they brainwashed Yuzu was so that they didn't have to give her lines that would be important to her character, or further her relationship with Yuya.
As "pointless" as the duel was, it gave Yuto the limelight he needed, giving him more cards after he got wasted in episode 37, revealing us his relationship with Ruri and it establishes the teamwork of the Bracelet Girls with the Parasite archetype, and it gave us more insight of the interaction between the two souls, more magical aspects behind Yuya and his counterparts, more glimpses of the darkness's power and more of synchronization.

Yes, Yuya's victory didn't make any difference, since he got captured anyway, but at least we get to see more of the darkness before we get the exposition episode next week. Yuya's experience in these last two episodes might get into play in the next episode. Also, why having one plan instead of having two? After all, showing of the power of the parasites is part of the Doktor's sadistic character. You may call the duel pointless because it didn't advance the plot or made difference to the whole situation, but you can't call it shitty just because of that. Yuto was amazing, as well as Serena and Ruri's coordinated teamwork, and then there is Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon. The duel itself was not bad at all.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
2nd October 2016, 06:26 PM
As "pointless" as the duel was, it gave Yuto the limelight he needed, giving him more cards after he got wasted in episode 37, revealing us his relationship with Ruri and it establishes the teamwork of the Bracelet Girls with the Parasite archetype, and it gave us more insight of the interaction between the two souls, more magical aspects behind Yuya and his counterparts, more glimpses of the darkness's power and more of synchronization.Which really should have been done in the Xyz Dimension beyond Yuto hijacking Yuya's body once and yelling IKEEEEE RAISU FARUKON. And even in this case, Yuto takes one solid hit and desynchronizes. Speaking of which, Yuto/Shun tag duel fucking never since the writers seem hellbent on keeping Shun completely useless. I hate to say it, because I really like the guy, but carding Shun would honestly make no difference beyond pissing off the fans even more.

Yes, Yuya's victory didn't make any difference, since he got captured anyway, but at least we get to see more of the darkness before we get the exposition episode next week. Yuya's experience in these last two episodes might get into play in the next episode. Also, why having one plan instead of having two? After all, showing of the power of the parasites is part of the Doktor's sadistic character. You may call the duel pointless because it didn't advance the plot or made difference to the whole situation, but you can't call it shitty just because of that. Yuto was amazing, as well as Serena and Ruri's coordinated teamwork, and then there is Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon. The duel itself was not bad at all.Here's the problem, every time Hitotsu Ni shows up, it's completely inconsequential beyond adding some angst to Yuya and showing off some flashy cards. This has been going on for, what, eighty fucking episodes, ever since Yuya vs. Sora 2. At that point, it's no longer an interesting plot point, it's just "oh look Yuya is channeling his inner edge again." And the fact that you have to build up one side villain by doing an extreme disservice to four of your "major" (for varying values of "major") characters. They completely killed both Yuzu's and Serena's character arcs and aborted Rin's and Ruri's before they even began, all for the sake of this "RAY-A" plot point/character that is suddenly being rushed because they're trying to address every plot point that was neglected for the past 70 episodes with less than 30 to go.

As for the duel itself, it was mostly just equip swapping with Parasites, destruction denial with crappy situational PK cards and spamming action cards, which Serena and Ruri made no attempt to counter by using action cards of their own, except for one time in which case Yuya still grabbed it first because skates. Again, I admit Neo Noew OERD looked amazing, but that was just one play which was facilitated by a card that more or less invalidated the Destruction/Creation Magician duo.

KingJinzo
2nd October 2016, 06:34 PM
I wonder if you enjoy the series nowadays at all.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
2nd October 2016, 08:17 PM
I don't drop series. I care enough to find out how it ends after having come so far. Sure, I've been disappointed bitterly, but I'm still curious.

EmperorShun
2nd October 2016, 08:21 PM
Again, I admit Neo Noew OERD looked amazing, but that was just one play which was facilitated by a card that more or less invalidated the Destruction/Creation Magician duo.

May I hold you right there, that card is a Phantom Knights card. First, we dont know if it will be printed, second, you would have to splash Phantom Knights (or only Silent boots along with it) to search it. Creation Magician is not used by many people because you R7NK anyways, and Destruction Magician is searchable in there own deck. I dont belive this will replace it by any means. (Same things with Cross-Xyz, cuz it can be searched by Generation Force)

False_Revelation
2nd October 2016, 08:31 PM
So as far as I know,the openings usually spoil some of the best stuff. No reiji duel?? the trolling..
I think the opening can actually be used as an ending. All they did was show the characters and their names, like we dont know...

KingJinzo
2nd October 2016, 08:34 PM
May I hold you right there, that card is a Phantom Knights card. First, we dont know if it will be printed, second, you would have to splash Phantom Knights (or only Silent boots along with it) to search it. Creation Magician is not used by many people because you R7NK anyways, and Destruction Magician is searchable in there own deck. I dont belive this will replace it by any means. (Same things with Cross-Xyz, cuz it can be searched by Generation Force)
Story-wise, Phantom Knights Connection is probably needed when Yuya has to summon multiple copies of Odd-Eyes-hybrids. Odd-Eyes/StarveVenom is probably the easiest one to summon, but it would be difficult to summon both, OERD and Odd-Eyes/ClearWing if he has to would use the Xiang-Duo and if Odd-Eyes/ClearWing doesn't have the same kind of Synchro Summon requirements like Nirvana High Paladin.

KingJinzo
2nd October 2016, 08:38 PM
So as far as I know,the openings usually spoil some of the best stuff. No reiji duel?? the trolling..
I think the opening can actually be used as an ending. All they did was show the characters and their names, like we dont know...

There isn't much spoiling in the opening, anyway. It does foreshadow the two spoiler characters, and that new environment in the chorus looks interesting, but that's it. At least it doesn't tease us too much, since the last four openings really teased us with stuff that never happened, happened differently or happened after the opening stopped to show up. Just look how outdated KIBOU NO HIKARI looked after 12 episodes.

LolsterXD97
2nd October 2016, 08:46 PM
There isn't much spoiling in the opening, anyway. It does foreshadow the two spoiler characters, and that new environment in the chorus looks interesting, but that's it. At least it doesn't tease us too much, since the last four openings really teased us with stuff that never happened, happened differently or happened after the opening stopped to show up. Just look how outdated KIBOU NO HIKARI looked after 12 episodes.

If I had to guess, the new enviroment in the Opening probably is a location from the united 4 Dimensions.

KingJinzo
2nd October 2016, 09:07 PM
If I had to guess, the new enviroment in the Opening probably is a location from the united 4 Dimensions.

Possibly. A location that looks that fantastical can't be just a random place created for the opening. But that alone doesn't tell us how the series is going in the future. The rumors of the series ending in Spring 2017 looks fishy to me and I doubt I missed such an announcement on this site, so I think it's fake. Although, it wouldn't be that bad if it's true, since it would give us at least 50 to 75 episodes for the series. Well, it won't last until 2018 anyway.

ScionStorm
2nd October 2016, 09:16 PM
All this Phantom Knight support better show up in MAXC.

LolsterXD97
2nd October 2016, 09:23 PM
All this Phantom Knight support better show up in MAXC.

Maybe split up between Dimension Box and Maximun Crisis.

ScionStorm
2nd October 2016, 09:26 PM
Maybe split up between Dimension Box and Maximun Crisis.
It's 4 spells, 2 traps and 1 monster.

LolsterXD97
2nd October 2016, 09:33 PM
It's 4 spells, 2 traps and 1 monster.

4 Spells for one character is too much in a main set (look at RATE, there is only 1 Spell per character and there are only 3 slots), so that's why the support should be split up between 2 sets.

False_Revelation
2nd October 2016, 10:59 PM
Possibly. A location that looks that fantastical can't be just a random place created for the opening.
Maybe a new dimension?
If not. Major time skip. They'd need time to build it.
Unless it already exists. Where the pro duelists are in Standard maybe.

LolsterXD97
2nd October 2016, 11:18 PM
Maybe a new dimension?
If not. Major time skip. They'd need time to build it.
Unless it already exists. Where the pro duelists are in Standard maybe.

Maybe in the ending the Dimensions end up fusing (but without major genocide of course) and it will be the area for the traditional Ceremonial Duel.

KingJinzo
3rd October 2016, 12:36 AM
Some people might complain that this episode was not edgy enough. Okay, how could this episode be edgier?

-Yuri could have turned Sora into a card without caring about Yugo and Edo's arrival.
-Serena and Ruri being severely inhured by the Fungeki no Destruction Burst.
-When Yuya turns back to normal, Yuzu and Rin could have assaulted him from behind and capture him and Kurosaki.
-Yuya is in the cage and he's forced to see Kurosaki being carded by Yuzu, and Ruri tearing the card apart.

Is that a little bit too dark?

LolsterXD97
3rd October 2016, 12:40 AM
Some people might complain that this episode was not edgy enough. Okay, how could this episode be edgier?

-Yuri could have turned Sora into a card without caring about Yugo and Edo's arrival.
-Serena and Ruri being severely inhured by the Fungeki no Destruction Burst.
-When Yuya turns back to normal, Yuzu and Rin could have assaulted him from behind and capture him and Kurosaki.
-Yuya is in the cage and he's forced to see Kurosaki being carded by Yuzu, and Ruri tearing the card apart.

Is that a little bit too dark?

Honestly for me the darkest part was seeing how the Parasite is put into someome's head (basically it cralws through the ear, pierces its claws through the brain, and the host falls face-first onto the floor). Glad that Yuya had plot armor (also, this means Roger's plan to put a chip on Yuya would have failed too).

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
3rd October 2016, 12:52 AM

Who was complaining about lack of edge? Even so, edginess doesn't fix the show's problems.

Swampertmaster
3rd October 2016, 01:17 AM
So Yuto gets hit with a little acid and his pants get melted but Serena and Ruri get hit the ygo equivalent of a thunder flash and nary a speck of dirt on them? Ok. Also, someone get Shun a senzu.

LolsterXD97
3rd October 2016, 01:18 AM
So Yuto gets hit with a little acid and his pants get melted but Serena and Ruri get hit the ygo equivalent of a thunder flash and nary a speck of dirt on them? Ok. Also, someone get Shun a senzu.

Yuzu handled crashing agaisnt a building at high speed, these girls are more durable than they seem.

Baconator
3rd October 2016, 01:23 AM
Which really should have been done in the Xyz Dimension beyond Yuto hijacking Yuya's body once and yelling IKEEEEE RAISU FARUKON. And even in this case, Yuto takes one solid hit and desynchronizes. Speaking of which, Yuto/Shun tag duel fucking never since the writers seem hellbent on keeping Shun completely useless. I hate to say it, because I really like the guy, but carding Shun would honestly make no difference beyond pissing off the fans even more.

You think that's bad? Try being a Sora fan. At least Shun still does stuff related to the plot, and had enough screentime for his development to be somewhat believable.

Swampertmaster
3rd October 2016, 01:33 AM
Yuzu handled crashing agaisnt a building at high speed, these girls are more durable than they seem.

True, but a the very least she was scuffed up a bit. Come to think of most of these people should be in the hospital with all the physical abuse they go through. The Arc V verse must have godlike health care.

Volteccer
3rd October 2016, 01:38 AM
True, but a the very least she was scuffed up a bit. Come to think of most of these people should be in the hospital with all the physical abuse they go through. The Arc V verse must have godlike health care.

Being part goddess might be helping their durability. Most people though Yuzu was dead after she crashed. So it's likely it's really just the bracelet girls that are that durable.

Swampertmaster
3rd October 2016, 01:41 AM
Being part goddess might be helping their durability. Most people though Yuzu was dead after she crashed. So it's likely it's really just the bracelet girls that are that durable.

I can buy that. After all all Ygo Main characters have some special ability or characteristic that make them stronger than the average muggle.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
3rd October 2016, 01:45 AM
You think that's bad? Try being a Sora fan. At least Shun still does stuff related to the plot, and had enough screentime for his development to be somewhat believable.

At this point, not one of the characters are handled well. Most people who care about character development recognize that their favorite character, whomever it may be, has been screwed over by the writers.

Baconator
3rd October 2016, 03:22 AM
At this point, not one of the characters are handled well. Most people who care about character development recognize that their favorite character, whomever it may be, has been screwed over by the writers.

I usually don't care that much about character development, because I think it isn't really necessary to make a good character, but what's been going on since the synchro dimension has made it a huge deal to me in this series.

KingJinzo
3rd October 2016, 06:11 AM
Who was complaining about lack of edge? Even so, edginess doesn't fix the show's problems.

No one. It's just that there will be always someone who thinks that it's not dark enough.

yshipster
3rd October 2016, 03:54 PM
Interesting episode, though i was underwhelmed by how short the demon duelist showed up. Also Odd-Eyes Raging Dragons appereance is still kinda random. And those Parasite Spell/Trap cards remind me so much on the situational ZeXal cards... Not good. But I really like the new OP and ED, so that is something. Next episode will be interesting plotwise, since Leo explains is motives.

Also the OP might have revealed Leos deck:

http://livedoor.4.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/1/4/1443b331.jpg

EmperorShun
3rd October 2016, 04:02 PM
Interesting episode, though i was underwhelmed by how short the demon duelist showed up. Also Odd-Eyes Raging Dragons appereance is still kinda random. And those Parasite Spell/Trap cards remind me so much on the situational ZeXal cards... Not good. But I really like the new OP and ED, so that is something. Next episode will be interesting plotwise, since Leo explains is motives.

I've already looked through a few cards that support Continuous Magic cards, and there are not many good ones. Yes you can run Hamon and Uranus, but thats really it for good support. I sure hope we will get this deck, seeing as we havent got the last 2 Boss Decks, wich is extremly bad for Number Hunters (Yes I am aware we got 2 Timelords, but cmon).

Comun
3rd October 2016, 04:06 PM
It would be interesting if Leo's Main Deck is entirely composed of Spell Monsters.

The mokey
3rd October 2016, 04:28 PM
everyone Keep calm and "let´´s joy!"

LolsterXD97
3rd October 2016, 07:59 PM

Retrained Sacred Beasts intensifies. And it seems abusing the hell out of Continous Spells runs in the family.

Gamer5555
3rd October 2016, 09:26 PM
Only continuous spell?
Why not a deck without any monster and only spell card combos with burn damage or something....yeah,not very exciting for a main antagonist...
Maybe just néo new original AG support....

False_Revelation
3rd October 2016, 10:22 PM
It would be interesting if Leo's Main Deck is entirely composed of Spell Monsters.

Be kinda stupid since there are already SO many cards that just rape spells.(excuse my language) Its true though :I

ScionStorm
4th October 2016, 12:01 AM

why do those look like Ritual monsters...

I've already looked through a few cards that support Continuous Magic cards, and there are not many good ones. Yes you can run Hamon and Uranus, but thats really it for good support. I sure hope we will get this deck, seeing as we havent got the last 2 Boss Decks, wich is extremly bad for Number Hunters (Yes I am aware we got 2 Timelords, but cmon).

The last 2? We haven't even got the core of Bakura's Necro deck. We have only 1 monster from Darkness deck.

LolsterXD97
4th October 2016, 12:23 AM
We have only 1 monster from Darkness deck.

We have 2 (Destroyer and Neosphere). And now that I think it, we have only gotten 2 cards from each final boss (Doomcaliber Knight and Necroface from Bakura's Undead Lock Deck; Darkness Destroyer and Darkness Neosphere from Darkness; and Metaion and Sephylon from Z-One).

Comun
4th October 2016, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=ScionStorm;40765] why do those look like Ritual monsters...[/QUOTE=ScionStorm;40765]

I think you're only seeing what you want to see.

Volteccer
4th October 2016, 03:50 PM
So, from the promo for the next episode, it looks like the dimensions were one until a short time ago. Does that mean that all the four dimensions aren't really real?

yshipster
4th October 2016, 04:52 PM

'Cause the ligh-blue of a Spell card is shaded by the purple tone of the scene, so they look like a dark-blue Ritual monster.

ScionStorm
4th October 2016, 07:32 PM

I think you're only seeing what you want to see.
This doesn't make sense.

'Cause the ligh-blue of a Spell card is shaded by the purple tone of the scene, so they look like a dark-blue Ritual monster.
This makes sense.

Although I really would be impressed if Leo turned out to be a Ritual duelist.

KingJinzo
4th October 2016, 09:29 PM
Although I really would be impressed if Leo turned out to be a Ritual duelist.

They are either Continuous Spells or Ritual Spells. Probably the former, since Reiji and Reira have tons of them.

False_Revelation
4th October 2016, 10:28 PM
Can anyone read the name of the first spell?

LolsterXD97
4th October 2016, 10:56 PM
Can anyone read the name of the first spell?

Its blurred on purpose, no matter how hard you zoom at it.

KingJinzo
4th October 2016, 11:35 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/0c7a884e0d71789830b3961f5631500f/tumblr_oejqu6t1bL1upn9yco1_1280.jpg
Irony?

Indytotof
5th October 2016, 07:55 AM
On Neo Arkadia, they speaks about possible delay of episode 126 due to a Tennis Tournament.

ScionStorm
5th October 2016, 08:36 AM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/0c7a884e0d71789830b3961f5631500f/tumblr_oejqu6t1bL1upn9yco1_1280.jpg
Irony?
Smilence!

On Neo Arkadia, they speaks about possible delay of episode 126 due to a Tennis Tournament.
Nooooo! Screw you Tennis Tournament. Why can't people play tennish on a weekday?

Sanokal
5th October 2016, 08:39 AM

Oh, f*** no. No, not AGAIN!

ScionStorm
5th October 2016, 09:09 AM
Why would people even play Tennis on a Sunday? That doesn't even make sense. It's a Saturday sport at best.

Indytotof
5th October 2016, 09:13 AM
Why would people even play Tennis on a Sunday? That doesn't even make sense. It's a Saturday sport at best.

Because Japan.

Gamer5555
5th October 2016, 09:18 AM
Why Tennis,why?
Yugioh honored you with a lame filler episode of GX?Don't you remember ?
Gx's lame filler...
Ok,I understand why now.

KingJinzo
5th October 2016, 12:29 PM
Why are sports more important than children's card games for teenagers and adults?

mangaraw
5th October 2016, 02:49 PM
Action Duels never cease to remind me how physically fit these kids are. Yuto basically floated in mid-air when reading the cards, then both Serena and Yuto jumped on those platforms like trained circus performers grabbing those action cards.

Sanokal
5th October 2016, 04:23 PM
Action Duels never cease to remind me how physically fit these kids are. Yuto basically floated in mid-air when reading the cards, then both Serena and Yuto jumped on those platforms like trained circus performers grabbing those action cards.

Well, Yuya basically IS a trained circus performer.

KingKaash
6th October 2016, 03:47 AM
What I liked:

1) Artwork was better than most episodes
2) Berserk Yuya was handled well. When he destroys the Parasite and talks to the girls, it really felt like the inner darkness was talking for the first time to me
3) Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon is a beauty. I totally called it that the dragon was a field-nuke.
4) Opening and Ending were both good in terms of the art. I don't care at all for the songs because I don't understand them. I wonder if that Dragon behind the Professor is Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon. And what kind of deck is the Professor going to use...
5) The preview has me really hyped. I love getting good background story. I can't believe Odd-Eyes Dragon is actually shown.

What I didn't like:

1) Sora gets his butt beat in a mostly off-screen duel by Yuri. It really takes away from both characters. At the beginning of the show and even in the Synchro Dimension, they built Sora up well. So for him to lose in a mostly off-screen duel is saddening. His Frightfurs had potential and it was a joy to watch Sora duel. It's unfair how he's being treated. And Yuri beating him off-screen is lame. Yuri's beatdown of Asuka was enjoyable mostly because it was funny. For Yuri to again use an AG deck to beat the likes of Sora is unappealing to me. You could've made Yuri vs Sora a really good showdown but they've rushed past it. No PP feature either

2) Most of the Parasite cards used by the girls in this episode are just Spells and Traps. No new monsters. Lame. The last thing I want to see is like 8 S/T played in a row.