PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 126 Discussion: Exposition, I guess.

KingJinzo
9th October 2016, 09:09 AM
Unfortunately, I'm on a convention and I have no functioning computer here. So I just start this thread, so you can talk about the episode.

LolsterXD97
9th October 2016, 09:20 AM
This shit was AMAZING. Leo really did fuck up and Z-Arc was totally insane and seems like we have a new Magician and Dragon incoming. Reira reacting to the story was interesting.

Nothing to say about Yugo vs Yuri...

Indytotof
9th October 2016, 09:54 AM
Just... just...

What the hell happen ? Did we just see what is seemingly the strict counterpart to Numeron Dragon and the united from of Timegazer and Stargazer ?

yshipster
9th October 2016, 10:32 AM
First: I don't understand japanese, so my conclusions are based on what i saw!

So to sum it up:

Originally there was only 1 world, where Leo invented the Solid Vision technology, and then used it on duel monsters. However, a duelist called Zarc, who played all 4 dimension dragons (but Odd-Eyes Dragon, since Pendulum didn't exist in that world), was/became insane and wanted to destroy the reality. He used his 4 dragons alongside a unknown Magician (which Timegazer and Stargazer reacted to) to fuse himself with the united form of his 4 dragons, like Marik fused to Ra. Ray was just a random duelist, however, next episode Leo eventually tells that he convinced her to fight Zarc.

That's definitely some unexpected plot, exspecially the Yusho part:

He seems to recall that he invented Solid Vision alongside Leo, so appereantly only Leo knows/remembers the original world. Also It is confirmed that Yusho plays Performapals.

I'm really interested in the subs, so that i can understand everything. But now I'm really hyped again for how Arc-V's plot will develope.

And please give Shun/Sora some attantion again. They both are literally just lying on the ground right now, and nobody even cares.

LolsterXD97
9th October 2016, 02:09 PM
Just... just...

What the hell happen ? Did we just see what is seemingly the strict counterpart to Numeron Dragon and the united from of Timegazer and Stargazer ?

Astrograph Magician's effect is literally a combination of Stargazer and Timegazer, so yes. It Special Summons itself when something happens to a card and places it back into where it was when that happened. Its second effect is banishing the 4 Dragons from anywhere to Summon something from the Extra.

Eerie Code
9th October 2016, 02:10 PM
Ok, that episode was just amazing! I may have understood only one word out of three in the exposition, but that was the first episode in a long while that kept me glued to the screen! I can't wait for the next one!

Still, there's an interesting detail that I'd like to share: that is, the incomplete effect of the fifth card Zarc used (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Astrograph_Magician).

[If/When] a card you control is [...] while this card is in your hand: You can target that card; Special Summon this card. If Summoned this way: You can place the card targeted by this effect to the same Zone it was on when [...], face-[...]. [...]: You can banish 1 "Starve Venom Fusion Dragon", "Clear Wing Synchro Dragon", "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon", and "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" from your Deck, Extra Deck, field, and/or Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "[...]" from your Extra Deck.

The interesting part is this. It's not the first effect: that one is certainly good, a recover for practically every single card you lose, in whichever location it was. No, what's interesting is the effect for the Special Summon of the combined dragon (that is also confirmed to be an Extra Deck monster, another interesting tidbit): why does it list "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" when the one Zarc owns is clearly "Odd-Eyes Dragon"? I suppose it's not impossible that Zarc can also use Pendulum, all "Supreme King" monsters Yuya created under his influence are Pendulum Monsters: but if that's the case, why was he using "Odd-Eyes Dragon" instead of its Pendulum version?

LolsterXD97
9th October 2016, 02:26 PM
Ok, that episode was just amazing! I may have understood only one word out of three in the exposition, but that was the first episode in a long while that kept me glued to the screen! I can't wait for the next one!

Still, there's an interesting detail that I'd like to share: that is, the incomplete effect of the fifth card Zarc used (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Astrograph_Magician).

[If/When] a card you control is [...] while this card is in your hand: You can target that card; Special Summon this card. If Summoned this way: You can place the card targeted by this effect to the same Zone it was on when [...], face-[...]. [...]: You can banish 1 "Starve Venom Fusion Dragon", "Clear Wing Synchro Dragon", "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon", and "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" from your Deck, Extra Deck, field, and/or Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "[...]" from your Extra Deck.

The interesting part is this. It's not the first effect: that one is certainly good, a recover for practically every single card you lose, in whichever location it was. No, what's interesting is the effect for the Special Summon of the combined dragon (that is also confirmed to be an Extra Deck monster, another interesting tidbit): why does it list "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" when the one Zarc owns is clearly "Odd-Eyes Dragon"? I suppose it's not impossible that Zarc can also use Pendulum, all "Supreme King" monsters Yuya created under his influence are Pendulum Monsters: but if that's the case, why was he using "Odd-Eyes Dragon" instead of its Pendulum version?

Probably they just wanted to indicate that this card will be used again in the future with the current Dragons.

yshipster
9th October 2016, 02:41 PM

The 4 dimensional dragons were probably inheritet from Zarc, and since Yuya had Odd-Eyes Dragon in the beginning, Zarc could not have Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon. So I doubt that the original Zarc used Pendulums (though he might use them when revived in Yuya). Remember: All cards created by Zarc are actually just combinations from the 4 boys' cards, which is why we only got 2 Xyz (Yuto) Pendulum (Yuya) Dragons so far, but no other Extra Deck Pendulum Dragons.

Astrograph Magician listing Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is most likely caused by the lazy animators, who just assumed that nobody would look that close on the card, until Yuya will use it later (which will eventually happen).

Indytotof
9th October 2016, 03:21 PM

Thank god this card is not a Pendulum "Magician" thus being unable to be search by "Pendulum Call" (inb4 it will magicially turn into a Pendulum since Time & Stargazer turns into Pendulum cards).

Also, this ep's script brought to you by DMC3444 (http://neoarkcradle.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=6140&page=5)

Comun
9th October 2016, 04:14 PM
Ok, I'll do the usual summary then.

Ep starts with Hugo and Edo finding Joeri and Sora. Hugo really, REALLY wants to kick Joeri's ass, so he leaves the Rin-saving part to Edo. Joeri switches back to Predator Plants for this one. Meanwhile, Yuya is watching the plot happen in his prison screen.

Yusho greets Leo, while he wonders who this Reira kid is. Yusho then cuts to the chase and asks why a genius of Leo's level would do something as foolish as conquering the 4 Dimensions under the guise of creating an utopia. Yusho thanks Leo for being a genius who created something from nothing. Due to the Real Solid Vision Leo created from scratch, Yusho's entertainment Duel was able to be born and that changed his fate.

Yusho reasks his question and Leo replies that he is no genius, he just used the Real Solid Vision that already existed in the single world. Real Solid Vision already existed in the single word but it was only used for regular daily life stuff. Leo wanted to surprise the world with a new possibility to RSV, making they feel like they were alive. Following that ambition, he came up with the idea of adapting the super exciting popular game Duel Monsters to RSV, which what originate the regular Solid Vision technology in the first place. When testing using RSV on monsters, the results were perfect beyond his expectations. They felt real and living just like Leo wanted, but unexpectedly, they even had body temperatures and reacted to stimuli. The conclusion reached here is that Duel Monsters had souls.

With Leo guiding DM to a new era, the game left the audience even more excited and Leo got his well-deserved fame and success. And basically that's what fucked the world. One day, an outstanding Duelist named Zarc, who claimed to able to listen to the monsters' voices, showed up and started winning non-stop. Time passes and one day Zarc's Duel causes a grave injury to his opponent, but the audience responded by finding this ultra-violence awesome. Since that, Zarc made a progressively bigger effort to entertain his audience flashier, bruter, more intense performances and others started following suit. Time passes and the violence in Duels keeps escalating.

Zarc, being the piece of shit entertainer he is, kept evolving his Duel faster than anyone and surprising his audience with his new Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Dragons (maybe it's implied that he created the summon methods, but I'm not 100% sure on that) .

The exposition cuts to the Duel between his Fusion and Synchro forms, where both do their basic "first turn Dimension Dragon" combos. Hugo uses Speed Draw for this, which is basically Speedroid Allure of Darkness. Reira, who had to develop the power to read people's hearts to survive in the battlefield, senses a great anger and gets frightened by that. The 3/4 Yuyas start reacting and Yuya drops his deck so we can see Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion shining. Random cut to Kaito and Edo find Shun on the floor and leave him behind to go after Yuya, who went after Serena and Ruri, who went after the Doktor.

Back to the exposition, we were now on the fateful day when Zarc reach the absolute top of the Dueling World. He stands at the podium complaining that there's no one else left to fight and he still wants to present greater, more powerful Duels to his beloved audience. The audience agree that they want to see that. Zarc celebrates that wonderful response by standing that the crowd's voices give him and his monsters strenght and their cheers made him strong to destroy the world, so he will keep fighting just as the audience wishes. Cue the 4 Dimension Dragons destroying everything.

As Zarc destroys everything, Leo's daughter, Rey, notes that the dragons are angry. Is not like they are being manipulated by Zarc, what happens that Zarc's anger was already fully ingrained on them and now they are unleashing this rage. Leo remembers his old discovery: "Duel Monsters have souls". Leo, who was blinded by science, realizes what he's done. He gave this soul-possessing monsters a vessel to unleash their rages. Meanwhile, Zarc still wants more and more power and goes using Stargraph Magician to become one with his dragons. While Stargraph's effect happens in the present time, Edo and Kaito find Yuya and think he's acting weird and the power causes him to undrop his deck.

Back to the past, Zarc unites with his dragons, gaining God-level power and becoming Haouryuu Zarc (as in Haoukokuryuu Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon and Haouretsuryuu Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon. TCG is gonna regret dropping that part of the name). Zarc Dragon thanks everyone's bloodthrist and love for ultraviolent entertainment for giving him ultimate power and causing the apocalypse. The only ones who could oppose him were the Duelists, whom he kept destroying while saying shit becoming more and more stronger "as the audience wishes". Slight cut to Yuya destroying prison bars. Leo and the others fought there was no way to beat the godly Zarc Dragon, but they couldn't afford to give up. Specially Leo since he feels responsible for creating this demon. He claims he will save the world from destruction, even at the cost of his own life

Reiji tells Reira to calm down because all that story is made-up, to which Leo denies says it a real thing that happened before his very eyes. He saw how the world was about to meet its end thanks to Zarc.

Preview:

* Four Yuzus lined up
* Leo keeps talking, now with Yuya joining the conversation
* Leo, maybe still in the single world, see RSV animal floating
* Mankind's weapon did nothing against Zarc Dragon, so Leo used the nature's energy to create four cards
* Ray goes running alone with her dad running after her, then stops to say she doesn't want to lose him
* Leo tries to enter a bootleg Barian world but crashes into an invisible
* Ray is in said bootleg Barian world using four cards

HelixReactor
9th October 2016, 04:25 PM
Welp, that was a pretty intense episode.

So, basically, the original world has Fusion's floating thingies, Xyz's futuristic aspect, and Synchro's people, huh? Also, how many Monster Zones do those Original Duel Disks have? They looked huge o.o

Z-Arc is such a nice guy; the show needs more entertainers like him. And, as if his resemblance to Vector was not enough, he just had to pull out a Barian World ambiance.

Good to know the plot didn't completely forget about Reira. So, were those Vietnam flashbacks he's been having part of his memories back when he was in the original world, only "Standardized" to replace the destruction caused by Z-Arc by a more fitting regaular war setting? And - unless I'm misinterpreting things here - as he seems to be having a strong connection to Ray, dare I start calling him Ray_rA?

marsh381
9th October 2016, 05:12 PM
*slow calps* I'm impressed that they showed a guy throwing up blood (well did the whole silhouette censorship thing, but still). It wasn't even one of those cheesy blood coughs, just full-on "BLERGH!!!" Since YGO has been really conservative with its blood use (most I've seen was 5D's Jack vs Carly; Kalin killing the police officer; and Goodwin chopping off his own arm).
But damn, both Zarc and Ray's designs are pretty good. Maybe its the fact that I miss having older characters around on this show.

ScionStorm
9th October 2016, 07:13 PM
So the universe was shattered by entertainment? Like approaching Spartacus level brutal entertainment.

Mawlay
9th October 2016, 07:26 PM
Given how the cards were on Ray's field, I think its safe to assume the four cards Leo holds in the OP are the same ones.

NassX
9th October 2016, 08:48 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/205828177589829632/234778995202195459/zzzzzz.png
just some arc-v drawing

Edo looking like a real british here. No one will doubt now

EmperorShun
9th October 2016, 08:55 PM
So what Yugioh Arc-V has told me today is that The Professor is not evil, he just wants to see his daughter again.

Jokes aside, this was one hell of an plot driven episode, and the next one looks to be the same. To fit 20 mins of plot without making the watchers feel bored sure aint easy. So we got our Haouryuu Zarc and its actually a card?
Question: So Haouryuu Zarc is an Extra Deck card.... I cant see it being a Synchro, Xyz or Fusion card because its all of them in one, and it should'nd favor one. I would actually be ok to just invent a new colored card (similar to Legendary Edition Gods) with it being Divine.
Next Question: So if Haouryuu Zarc is a card, will we see ZARC in the artwork? Would be hillarious to see a human fused to a dragon in an artwork.

So the 4 Spell cards are not Leos deck, just cards to control (?) ZARC? Really, all Arc-V is telling us atm is that Leo is a good person who accidently fucked up and is now trying to fix it by fucking up more. Sad Story. And ZARC wasnt evil. If you look carefully, his face showed that he was worried when he hurted the other duelist (the first time). As the audience (the real evil) cheered, he thought that it is ok if it cheers up the audience. So he literally is the incarnation of Humanitys evil nature. Poor Boy.

Spoiler about the previews for the next 2 episodes:

So next episode Reiji and Yuuya get mad at Leo because he wanted to gather the Yu girls. Why? All he wants with them is to reincarnate his fkn daughter. So Reiji doesnt want to meet his sister? Its kinda wierd to think about it.

And we now know about the Spirit Tech Force. Either its the Cards that Leo created or the "Resistance" against ZARC.

I am looking foreward to the next 3 plot driven episodes. It feels like heaven.

ScionStorm
9th October 2016, 09:17 PM
So what Yugioh Arc-V has told me today is that The Professor is not evil, he just wants to see his daughter again.

So... he should be voiced by Liam Neeson?

KingJinzo
9th October 2016, 10:23 PM
What is cooler?
Odd-Eyes Dragon tanking missles?
Clear Wing Synchro Dragon fighting jets?
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon disobeying people?
Or Starve Venom Fusion Dragon eating people?

Speaking of mistakes, here is one on Zarc's Duel Disk:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/329240becc87912cac079fe407744c11/tumblr_oeswp6Agk41upn9yco1_1280.png

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ
9th October 2016, 10:39 PM
That was a very good episode, I want next week tom come already.

KingJinzo
9th October 2016, 11:34 PM
Thank god this card is not a Pendulum "Magician" thus being unable to be search by "Pendulum Call" (inb4 it will magicially turn into a Pendulum since Time & Stargazer turns into Pendulum cards).
Even if he becomes a Pendulum Monster, you cannot search him with Pendulum Call anyway, since he's not a member of the Magician (Majutsushi) archetype.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at the Professor's face. It's art.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/279cf2a0e800d7bc9cd0e74a0a4c47a2/tumblr_oet0gqMtfa1upn9yco1_1280.png

ScionStorm
10th October 2016, 02:18 AM
Look at the Professor's face. It's art.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/279cf2a0e800d7bc9cd0e74a0a4c47a2/tumblr_oet0gqMtfa1upn9yco1_1280.png

His face reminds me of:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/8/88/KUBO_charact_07thesisters.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160831235606

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th October 2016, 04:52 AM
I'm just here laughing at the shitpost fuel this episode; I'm not even disappointed.

So Zarc is an edgelord looking for MANZOKU. He'd get along great with Team Satisfaction.

The Original Dimension audience is fucking stupid. "Yeah, kill that guy and laugh about it! Oh no, why are you killing us and laughing about it?"

So if the monsters got pissed for being used by humans for battle, why were the four dragons the only ones that possessed a guy to invoke the apocalypse? I get that the 4 dragons are supposed to be "special", but they're hardly gods, although admittedly anime Steve Venom is fairly OP. You know, I honestly think this could have been a decent plot point if it was handled better.

I'll reserve judgment on Leo's keikakuing until the next episode, because there are still a lot of things that don't make sense.

ScionStorm
10th October 2016, 05:17 AM
The Original Dimension audience is fucking stupid. "Yeah, kill that guy and laugh about it! Oh no, why are you killing us and laughing about it?"

Roman gladiator bloodsport audience. The more violence the better. And then they turn on the audience...

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th October 2016, 05:29 AM
So if shells and missiles were ineffective against Solid Vision, why didn't they just turn it off?

Sanokal
10th October 2016, 06:33 AM
So if shells and missiles were ineffective against Solid Vision, why didn't they just turn it off?

I assume that they'd have to have got to Zarc first to disable his duel disk (though I immediately think of an EMP).

Dark-Shimy
10th October 2016, 06:40 AM
What is cooler?
Odd-Eyes Dragon tanking missles?
Clear Wing Synchro Dragon fighting jets?
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon disobeying people?
Or Starve Venom Fusion Dragon eating people?

Speaking of mistakes, here is one on Zarc's Duel Disk:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/329240becc87912cac079fe407744c11/tumblr_oeswp6Agk41upn9yco1_1280.png

It has the Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon card. The animators...

Brightshine Stardust
10th October 2016, 07:26 AM
Really, all Arc-V is telling us atm is that Leo is a good person who accidently fucked up and is now trying to fix it by fucking up more.

Pretty much. Literally all of Arc-V wouldn't have happened had he let Ray go and start a new life with his new family, instead of trying to bring back Ray.

Like I said in Pojo, the entire reason why Zarc started showing up again was exactly because his fleeing into Fusion and his orders of kidnapping the girls caused the boys to dimension hop, eventually putting all the boys in the same place. If he didn't kidnap the girls, and instead choose to still keep the boys and girls in 4 separate dimensions, nothing would have happened, as the dimensions are way too far apart anyway to cause anything to happen.

ScionStorm
10th October 2016, 07:34 AM
Shouldn't he be consenting with Yuzu's father before fusing her with a bunch of dimensional dopples? Isn't there some kind of law against that sort of thing?

Comun
10th October 2016, 03:06 PM
I guess Leo can also claim parenthood rights over Yuzu.

The mokey
10th October 2016, 05:42 PM
Well Yuzu has basically 1,25 fathers?

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th October 2016, 06:39 PM
I assume that they'd have to have got to Zarc first to disable his duel disk (though I immediately think of an EMP).

This is the first time, I think, that monsters have been made real due to technology. In every other series, it was some form of magic (Shadow Games, Psychic Powers, Power of Chaos/Aliens). In those contexts, it makes sense that the only way to stop them is via duel, because they weren't actually holograms/hard light-- they were literal monsters. Now, I suppose after fusing, Supreme King Dragon Zarc would follow this principle, but until that point, the logic just fails. It also begs the question of why other monsters didn't possess their duelists into doing the same thing.

I don't think parental rights apply over reincarnations.

Sanokal
10th October 2016, 07:17 PM
This is the first time, I think, that monsters have been made real due to technology. In every other series, it was some form of magic (Shadow Games, Psychic Powers, Power of Chaos/Aliens). In those contexts, it makes sense that the only way to stop them is via duel, because they weren't actually holograms/hard light-- they were literal monsters. Now, I suppose after fusing, Supreme King Dragon Zarc would follow this principle, but until that point, the logic just fails. It also begs the question of why other monsters didn't possess their duelists into doing the same thing.

Unless you're talking about my EMP theory, Leo explained that the Solid Vision monsters were immune to injury. Interaction through a duel was the only way to make it work.

As for creating a second Zarc, not only was he a special case that likely wouldn't or couldn't be repeated, it took quite a while to turn him into a monster and to piss off his dragons.

False_Revelation
10th October 2016, 07:54 PM
Theory time
1) Ray is Leo's daughter. Reiji is Leo's son. Ray is a combination of the 4 yuzus. Reiji is directly related to all of them.(brother/sister(s))
2) Either Reiji or Ray are not really related to Leo. One of them, if not both, are adopted. Reiji and Ray have no relation.
3) The monster Zarc turned into is a pendulum monster.(green lines)
4) The monster Zarc summoned is one of the 3 summing methods but is also treated as the other two.
5) The dimensions will be reunited before the series ends and there will be a new enemy after Zarc is destroyed. Which i would prefer not to happen since Standard is the only dimension I like.

False_Revelation
10th October 2016, 08:00 PM

If normal weapons dont work on the monsters...why not just shoot Zarc...its not like he has an invisible barrier that protects him from everything unless he loses in a duel. This all could've been avoided with a sniper.
One shot. One kill. Wont even hear it coming.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th October 2016, 09:07 PM
If normal weapons dont work on the monsters...why not just shoot Zarc...its not like he has an invisible barrier that protects him from everything unless he loses in a duel. This all could've been avoided with a sniper.
Or, if the monsters were bodyblocking him, just drop a big enough bomb so that even if the monster eats the projectile, the explosion would still hit Zarc and destroy his disk.

KingJinzo
10th October 2016, 10:54 PM

There's no guarantee that it would work back then. We did see a similar scenario at the beginning of the Synchro arc, when Security shot nets at Yuya and Crow, cancelling the Solid Vision. But it looks like that the dragons are more than just Real Solid Vision and there might be some magic behind. After all, Supreme Dragon King Zarc has to be a magical being, otherwise it couldn't be created, unless technology is magic. What if Zarc got killed, but the Real Solid Vision would still not stop and the dragons would become even more uncontrollabe than before? The dragons are shown to have powers that go beyond those of regular Duel Monsters cards. Odd-Eyes has exceptionally high evolution potential, Clear Wing can travel through dimensions, etc. We don't even know whether Crystal Wing and Dark Requiem existed in Yugo and Yuto's Extra Decks before or if they were created through Yuya's influence.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th October 2016, 11:34 PM
There's no guarantee that it would work back then. We did see a similar scenario at the beginning of the Synchro arc, when Security shot nets at Yuya and Crow, cancelling the Solid Vision. But it looks like that the dragons are more than just Real Solid Vision and there might be some magic behind. After all, Supreme Dragon King Zarc has to be a magical being, otherwise it couldn't be created, unless technology is magic. What if Zarc got killed, but the Real Solid Vision would still not stop and the dragons would become even more uncontrollabe than before? The dragons are shown to have powers that go beyond those of regular Duel Monsters cards. Odd-Eyes has exceptionally high evolution potential, Clear Wing can travel through dimensions, etc. We don't even know whether Crystal Wing and Dark Requiem existed in Yugo and Yuto's Extra Decks before or if they were created through Yuya's influence.
Fusing with Zarc is what evolved them from "unstoppable rampage" to "dimension destroying apocalypse;" killing Zarc would have prevented that.

KingJinzo
10th October 2016, 11:56 PM
Fusing with Zarc is what evolved them from "unstoppable rampage" to "dimension destroying apocalypse;" killing Zarc would have prevented that.

Yeah, but nobody with a right mind could predict a human becoming one with their monsters.

ScionStorm
11th October 2016, 12:14 AM
Yeah, but nobody with a right mind could predict a human becoming one with their monsters.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/5/5b/OneTurnKill.png/revision/latest?cb=20100202234110

False_Revelation
11th October 2016, 02:35 AM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/5/5b/OneTurnKill.png/revision/latest?cb=20100202234110

nice one lol

KingJinzo
11th October 2016, 05:33 AM

One problem. Nobody of them were aware of that event or magical God Cards. Or magic in general.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
11th October 2016, 03:14 PM

They didn't need to. If they were already deploying tanks and fighter jets against him, they may as well have pulled out all the stops considering he had already razed at least one city.

Volteccer
11th October 2016, 04:30 PM
So, things made of solid vision can't be hurt by things made of matter. Sounds like military tech should already be using the stuff for armor... and for ammunition against things using it as armor. So those tanks should have been able to do at least something.

Sanokal
11th October 2016, 05:05 PM
So, things made of solid vision can't be hurt by things made of matter. Sounds like military tech should already be using the stuff for armor... and for ammunition against things using it as armor. So those tanks should have been able to do at least something.

Leo mentioned that they were having difficulty to get it to work well with non-Duel Monsters.

Austraphoce
11th October 2016, 08:58 PM
I really think they should have a whole arc just for ray and zarc's back story and then pickup where they stopped...those 2 are too cool to not have a full character development

KingKaash
12th October 2016, 03:45 AM
Wow this episode is madness! Super interesting. I love good backstory

Artwork was not as good as the other episodes but the flashback art was good. I cannot believe the unified Yuzu is Leo's daughter. How old is Leo? How can he have been around when an Original Dimension existed and still exists to this day? He probably doesn't age as much or something. Because Yusho and Leo look about the same age but Yusho was not around when there was only the Original Dimension.

Also Ray looks a lot older than her 4 parts. I kinda didn't like her design but we'll see. Zarc also looks older than the for Yus.

I didn't like that Zarc merged with the Genesis Omega Dragon counterpart. I don't like the dragon and human merger. He should've just fused them and rode on top of it. I hated the Marik + Ra fusion as well. It just complicated the whole monster card dynamic. Also Zarc's motives are a bit weak. He just wants to get stronger and entertain? And the dragons basically take over to unleash their anger on the world. I guess this series will make us realize the feelings of the monsters which I guess is fine.

I want to applaud the many of you who wanted and believed Yuzu and the girls would actually be the heroes of the show. It seems that you will get your wish. Leo is not a bad guy. He made a mistake. This Arc Project is to basically get the Yuzus to get back Ray who is probably the only key to stopping Zarc if he is awakened again.

Also should we now believe that Yugi/Atem existed in the same Original Dimension before Zarc and Leo? While there's not much evidence yet, the monsters floating in the flashbacks are the monsters used in DM (with a few others).

ScionStorm
12th October 2016, 03:57 AM
Leo mentioned that they were having difficulty to get it to work well with non-Duel Monsters.

See what happens when you neglect to make Armor monsters. Valon could have had a chance.

Sanokal
12th October 2016, 04:30 AM
See what happens when you neglect to make Armor monsters. Valon could have had a chance.

Don't forget Joey.

Volteccer
12th October 2016, 11:28 AM
How old is Leo? How can he have been around when an Original Dimension existed and still exists to this day? He probably doesn't age as much or something. Because Yusho and Leo look about the same age but Yusho was not around when there was only the Original Dimension.

Also Ray looks a lot older than her 4 parts. I kinda didn't like her design but we'll see. Zarc also looks older than the for Yus.

All of this leads me to believe that the four dimensions are each only 14 years old (same as the Z-ARC and Ray components, who we know were around as babies). Everyone older than that has false memories of their dimension always being the way it is.
EDIT: I forgot to add to this that Leo just ages really well, so he doesn't look too different 14 years later. That or he also got aged down.

NassX
12th October 2016, 08:19 PM
Ok, i really think the fusion of all the dragons will be our first fusion/pendulum.
Second, I guess this has passed through everyone's mind: why the hell is academia so empty? like for real. Where are the tons of students, the obelisk force? Where is Barrett? he dueled yuya then dissapeared. This rushed plot out of nowhere is leaving a lot of plot holes

DelCtrl
12th October 2016, 10:02 PM
About the whole Leo doesn't age thing, I don't think the Leo we see is the exactly same Leo that broke the dimensions. I think that the Professor is Leo's split dimensions counterpart, that somehow got it's memories back from the united world.

This would explain the Professor working together with Yusho back in the day, where he unknowingly replicated the Solid Vision with Mass tech thinking it was something new, as I don't think that happened on the United World, mostly because Yusho is nowhere to be seen on the flashbacks.

ScionStorm
12th October 2016, 10:34 PM
If Lucy Lawless can still look great 15 years after the end of Xena Warrior Princess show, I don't see why Leo has to change so much.

KingKaash
13th October 2016, 04:50 AM
Ok, i really think the fusion of all the dragons will be our first fusion/pendulum.
Second, I guess this has passed through everyone's mind: why the hell is academia so empty? like for real. Where are the tons of students, the obelisk force? Where is Barrett? he dueled yuya then dissapeared. This rushed plot out of nowhere is leaving a lot of plot holes

About the whole Leo doesn't age thing, I don't think the Leo we see is the exactly same Leo that broke the dimensions. I think that the Professor is Leo's split dimensions counterpart, that somehow got it's memories back from the united world.

This would explain the Professor working together with Yusho back in the day, where he unknowingly replicated the Solid Vision with Mass tech thinking it was something new, as I don't think that happened on the United World, mostly because Yusho is nowhere to be seen on the flashbacks.

I find it kind of hard to believe there can be multiple split Leos. I think he just hasn't aged much. For everyone else to not remember the Original Dimension (like Yusho) would be pretty crazy.

Also like DelCtrl is saying, I think Leo has pretty big balls to recreate the Solid Vision with Mass for Duel Monsters again after experiencing the kind of chaos that occurred the first time he crossed the two things. How can he go through with that again knowing the potential consequences? Even if Ray seals away Zarc, how can he believe some other maniac won't try and get stronger like Zarc?

Brightshine Stardust
14th October 2016, 02:17 AM

The students are most likely on the other side of the school, unaware of things going on there. None of the characters (besides Yugo) passed the classroom area Yugo was in when he is warped into Academia.

Barrett though, yeah, where is he? He feels unfinished. The Obelisk Force too, they should have been all around the area students are not allowed to enter, or areas that should have been guarded, such as that long hallway towards Leo's throne, or the entrance from the dock that Yugo entered just recently before he encountered Edo and then Yuri.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2016, 02:58 AM
ok having finally gotten around to caching up on arc v I can stop avoiding these

so now, WOOT I GOT WHAT I WANTED
A FUCKING EVIL HUMAN FOR NO MAGIC REASON

he didn't STAY a non-magic human......or Human at all, but close enough

- - - Updated - - -

In Detention

Baconator
15th October 2016, 03:02 AM
ok having finally gotten around to caching up on arc v I can stop avoiding these

he didn't STAY a non-magic human......or Human at all, but close enough

- - - Updated - - -

In Detention

I wouldn't be so sure. Fusing with your monsters seems pretty magic-y.

LolsterXD97
15th October 2016, 03:15 AM
Hearing the voices of his monsters and siding with them is pretty magical tho. It was a combination of that and the shitty audience.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2016, 03:54 AM
I wouldn't be so sure. Fusing with your monsters seems pretty magic-y.

read that third para-sentence.
Also, the Fusion looked more like Astrographs work than his. He just summoned them, the Monsters were the pissed off ones doing the actual magic

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2016, 03:58 AM
Hearing the voices of his monsters and siding with them is pretty magical tho. It was a combination of that and the shitty audience.

He still did it himself, he decided to go along with them and.......well mass Genocide everything
he could have tried calming them and NOT creating a cycle of Violence, or abandoning them if they couldn't be calmed, he didn't

Monsters Suggestion, His Choice, and at the time he was Human.

at the end of the day, A PERSON caused all of it, not a magical cloud of darkness that existed for the sake of being a magic wad of darkness and dickery. THAT is what I wanted, and I got it. becoming a Literal monster afterwords is only appropriate.

ScionStorm
16th October 2016, 05:57 AM
I dunno. It looked to me a lot like Zarc was getting mentally swept up in the dragons' rage. Like the link was a two-way thing. By the end of it the dragons' were as much influencing his sanity as he was influencing their actions. Leo said Zarc claimed he "heard" the monsters long before any of the violent crap started.

And I just want to say, how crazy it is that throughout the whole series we've been focusing on the dimension dragons and their plot importance, only to discover 126 episodes in that it was really Yuya's original two pendulum magicians you had to watch for. Their combined form, the one who Rules Space and Time- Astrograph Magician! (I hope it looks like Yusho)

Also, most amazing cameo animation of Vampire Lady ever. Does anyone have a gif of that?