PDA

View Full Version : Subterror behemoth stalagmo vs subterror nemesis warrior

Rygoken
21st October 2016, 09:20 AM
Scenario: during my MP1 I flip summon my stalagmo and activate its effect to "discard one subterror monster and draw 2 cards". I discard nemesis warrior as cost. Nemesis warrior can special summon from grave when a subterror is flipped face up. Do I get to special summon nemesis warrior or no and if so why is that the case? Thanks again.

Pendulum
21st October 2016, 03:42 PM
No, you can't Special Summon "Subterror Nemesis Warrior" using its "If a "Subterror Behemoth" monster is flipped face-up while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card." effect.

Look at it like this:
* "Subterror Behemoth Stalagmo" is flipped face-up;
** You activate its Flip effect;
* You resolve the effect by discarding "Subterror Nemesis Warrior" and drawing 2 cards. At this time, the time "Subterror Nemesis Warrior" is in the Graveyard, "Subterror Behemoth Stalagmo" is already face-up.

Note that discarding "Subterror Nemesis Warrior" is not a cost. With PSCT, costs have a semicolon ( ; ) after them, which is not the case here.

Dread Kaiser
21st October 2016, 05:32 PM
No, you can't Special Summon "Subterror Nemesis Warrior" using its "If a "Subterror Behemoth" monster is flipped face-up while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card." effect.

Look at it like this:
* "Subterror Behemoth Stalagmo" is flipped face-up;
** You activate its Flip effect;
* You resolve the effect by discarding "Subterror Nemesis Warrior" and drawing 2 cards. At this time, the time "Subterror Nemesis Warrior" is in the Graveyard, "Subterror Behemoth Stalagmo" is already face-up.

Note that discarding "Subterror Nemesis Warrior" is not a cost. With PSCT, costs have a semicolon ( ; ) after them, which is not the case here.

in way fewer words. no because Nemesis is in't in the grave when Stalagomo flips.