PDA

View Full Version : December (January ?) 2016 banlist discussion.

Indytotof
1st December 2016, 06:27 PM
Hello the Yorg !

I'm opening this discussion thread to knows what do you think the next banlist will look like and when it will be revealed !

By the look of it, I don't feel the new banlist will see that much of changes...

Maybe Dragon Ravine and Super Rejuvenation to 3 and maybe either Norden to 0 or Instant Fusion to 1.

And you guys... what do you think ?

LolsterXD97
1st December 2016, 06:35 PM
Super Poly to 1 to shill Starving Venom.

Dyson Sphere
1st December 2016, 10:20 PM
hopefully theyll give infernity a boost

ScionStorm
1st December 2016, 10:39 PM
Cyber-Stein is still forbidden in TCG, isn't it? Maybe that will go to limited like OCG. It's in 20th Anniversary pack and so might be in the Duelist Saga set. Which would be nice since the only TCG wide release it ever had was in Dark Beginning.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
1st December 2016, 11:45 PM
I'd hope for Union Hangar to 1, and Toad to 0. But since both of those are recent, not happening for at least another banlist.

Erickdsl
2nd December 2016, 12:42 AM
I hope they'll finally ban unicorn and emptiness and maybe ban/limit vanity's fiend and anti-spell (fuck floodgates). I dont think they'll unban heavy storm/hfd/construct/chain then i dont care about anything else.

Sanokal
2nd December 2016, 12:47 AM
I have a feeling that might be a quiet banlist. Admittedly I'm very out of touch with the metagame at the moment.

den13
2nd December 2016, 01:04 AM
anti spell to 1
super poly to 1
book of moon to 2
exciton to 1

jaden yuki
2nd December 2016, 02:22 PM
to be honest some cards shouldnt of even been banned like pot of greed and some shouldnt be limited like the divine dragons as they are needed for fusions so some changes are good and make certain decks more balanced :)

jaden yuki
2nd December 2016, 02:25 PM
also can someone please help me with how red dragon archfiends effect works as dont understand the last part of it ? thanks if you can :)

Volteccer
2nd December 2016, 04:22 PM
to be honest some cards shouldnt of even been banned like pot of greed

Pot of greed is a busted card. It takes no skill to use, and gives you more cards, with no catch or drawback. It makes the game faster, and it's fast enough as it is.

also can someone please help me with how red dragon archfiends effect works as dont understand the last part of it ? thanks if you can :)

You might want to post your question in the rulings board.

Dread Kaiser
2nd December 2016, 05:26 PM
to be honest some cards shouldnt of even been banned like pot of greed and some shouldnt be limited like the divine dragons as they are needed for fusions so some changes are good and make certain decks more balanced :)

are you high?
Pot of greed coming back would be horrible. its a no skill card that forces you to run it and simply adds a luck factor (games can be made because someone drew it first). Far too splashable (literally every Deck in the game but Superheavy's would be improved by adding this card to it). Forcing all competent Decks to run this card to avoid being at a disadvantage would be unfair. I can go on and on, but in sumation, it would add nothing to the game whatsoever

the only worse cards to bring back are Graceful (which is PoG but even worse), Last Turn (worst card ever designed), Rescue Cat (Litterally a 1 card Multi-FTK)

- - - Updated - - -

we have a ruling forum and you could be more specfic, to answer anyway

every end phase, its effect activates. when it does, any monster you control that DIDN'T attack (other than itself) explodes.

It doesn't tolerate cowards.

Ciphermask
2nd December 2016, 05:34 PM
I'm hoping for Shaddolls to get some help by seeing Construct unbanned to some extent. Never needed to be outright banned in the first place.

Johnny
2nd December 2016, 06:04 PM
I want Kirin banned. I don't care if it doesn't make sense or if it's not a problem for the game...i want that unicorn out of here

King
2nd December 2016, 10:33 PM
I don't expect any major changes (positive or not) . I just fucking want Stratos back.

Dread Kaiser
3rd December 2016, 02:11 AM
I don't expect any major changes (positive or not) . I just fucking want Stratos back.
Keep dreaming

Sanokal
3rd December 2016, 03:21 AM
Keep dreaming

Damn straight. It's about as likely as Stratos getting an eratta.

King
3rd December 2016, 03:52 AM
Keep dreaming

Sixth Sense and Snatch Steal were free, Stratos Return won't be a Suprise. Even if it's for small amount of time like what happened with the other 2 cards.

Dread Kaiser
3rd December 2016, 04:43 AM
Sixth Sense and Snatch Steal were free, Stratos Return won't be a Suprise. Even if it's for small amount of time like what happened with the other 2 cards.

Sixth sense was legal in the TCG Specifcally because LC4 Joeys World, where it debuted in the TCG, would not have sold otherwise. do note it was limited on release, making it the only card to be on hte banlist before it was even legal

Snatch Steal.........no excuse there, that was pure stupidity. at which point I note that you are comparing releasing Stratos to this.

on the subject of Dumb shit we want back, WHERE IS MY BRIO KONAMI

- - - Updated - - -

Damn straight. It's about as likely as Stratos getting an eratta.
As I said when my own ban was lifted

DREAD@1
STRATOS@0

and of course DMOC actually came off

Sanokal
3rd December 2016, 07:46 AM
Sixth sense was legal in the TCG Specifcally because LC4 Joeys World, where it debuted in the TCG, would not have sold otherwise. do note it was limited on release, making it the only card to be on hte banlist before it was even legal

Snatch Steal.........no excuse there, that was pure stupidity. at which point I note that you are comparing releasing Stratos to this.

on the subject of Dumb shit we want back, WHERE IS MY BRIO KONAMI

- - - Updated - - -

As I said when my own ban was lifted

DREAD@1
STRATOS@0

and of course DMOC actually came off

DMOC was banned in both lists though. With Stratos unbanned in OCG there's no way it'll get an eratta because it "doesn't need it" over there.

I've missed discussing the banlist.

Or did the joke pole vault over my head?

Dread Kaiser
3rd December 2016, 02:45 PM
DMOC was banned in both lists though. With Stratos unbanned in OCG there's no way it'll get an eratta because it "doesn't need it" over there.

I've missed discussing the banlist.

Or did the joke pole vault over my head?

over yer head

Sanokal
3rd December 2016, 05:06 PM
over yer head

I figured. Ah well, least there was amusement of some kind.

KingKaash
4th December 2016, 04:34 AM
Super Polymerization at 1 would be nice to help Starving Venom and Metalfoes

Indytotof
4th December 2016, 08:22 AM
Super Polymerization at 1 would be nice to help Starving Venom and Metalfoes

In order to do that, you must ban Norden.

Ciphermask
5th December 2016, 12:38 AM
I don't think Metalfoes really need much help in the TCG, but I'd still like to see Super Poly at one.

Dread Kaiser
5th December 2016, 01:29 AM
I don't think Metalfoes really need much help in the TCG, but I'd still like to see Super Poly at one.
srs mixed feelings here

on one hand, Super poly is awesome, a piece of anime lore and just extremely satisfying to use

on the other, its probably the single most irritating card you can see your opponent flip because thanks to Norden, HEROS Shaddoll and now Metalfoes, its basically near perfect removal. Nothing but Spell/total effect immunity or opponents stupidity can possibly stop it.
there is nothing more irritating than seeing 2 Quasars disappear from my field and there being exactly nothing I can do about it

King
5th December 2016, 02:30 AM
The next trend of dealing with threats may be "hand destruction".