PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 136 Discusssion: Evil-Turned Hero - Combined Powers

KingJinzo
25th December 2016, 05:32 PM
Remember City's hero? Remember Heartland's peacemaker? Remember You Show's star duelist? Remember Academia's nemesis? Remember He's evil now. Thanks to the ARC-V, Stardand, City and Heartland are connected through holes that lead to Academia and everyone can see the gigantic, EVA-01-colored Duel Monster. And he can talk. And he was wished by all the people that wanted entertaining, violent duels. Those people are us. So, is the person responsible for creating such entertainment Seto Kaiba? Or Yami Yugi who gave him the idea in the first place?

Anyway, like Zorc rampaged on Egypt because he was the ultimate evil Ka created through the darkness of the Egyptians, Zarc being the combined creation of four Duel Monsters and a dude goes on a rampage through all dimensions to defeat every opponent who could possibly defeat him. Kind of.

Layra is hearing Ray again and is trying to find his "Too-sama" (even though he never talked to him) and Reiji goes after his Mokuba, while Edo and Sora are trying to do something against Zarc. The Professor is wondering why Ray hasn't been revived yet.

Zarc is wrecking shit on the Fusion Dimension while searching for a challenger. I mean who doesn't want to duel a super-giant dragon in a children's card game that is so complicated that real life kids can't figure out how to play it right? He attacks a bunch of innocent people, but his attack is blocked by Destiny HERO Decision Guy. Finally founding challengers in form of Sora and Edo, Zarc takes the form of a Devil Jin-version of Yuya, complete with Haou eyes.

I guess being a Supreme King makes you talk like Jack Atlas. Zarc begins his turn by setting his two Haoumon cards, Zero and Infinity in his Pendulum Zone, which allow him to Pendulum Summon Level 1 to Level 12 monsters. Well, since he doesn't wear the Pendulum pendant, he won't chant Yuya's usual "Yurero, tamashii no Pendulum! Tenkuu ni egake hikari no arc!" He Pendulum Summons his two Level 4 Haoukenryuu Darkvrm in Attack Position and end his turn.

Edo begins his turn and do you expect him to Fusion Summon a new guy? Of course not. He fuses his Drillguy and Decisionguy to Fusion Summon Dystopiaguy. The British anti-hero tries to use Dystopiaguy's effect to inflict damage equal to Drillguy's ATK on Zarc, but as long Zarc controls a Haou monster (so, do Odd-Eyes Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Raging count, too?), Haoumon Zero negates any damage. And thanks to Haoumon Infinity, Zarc gains Life Points instead. Like with Yugo before, Edo tries to pull a Jim/O'Brien on Yuya, but Zarc doesn't even bother reacting. Dystopiaguy attacks a Darkvrm, but as long as Zarc controls another Haou monster, he can negate the attack. Then Edo activates the Spell Card D-Soul Burst to half Dystopiaguy's ATK and inflict 1400 damage to both players. While Edo loses Life Points, Zarc gains Life Points instead and has 7000 Life Points now. Due to Dystopiaguy's ATK being changed, his effect destroys one of the Darkvrms, then Edo ends his turn by setting a card.

Sora begins his turn by sending DT-Modoki, Scissor Bear and Scissor Tiger to his Graveyard to activate Des-Toy Sanctuary, then he uses Des-Toy Fusion to fuse his three monsters to Fusion Summon Mad Chimaera. Mad Chimaraera destroys Darkvrm, but instead of taking 1000 battle damage, Zarc gains Life Points instead. Since Darkvvrm is a Pendulum Monster, it goes to the Extra Deck and cannot be Special Summoned by Mad Chimaera's effect, a scenario that happened previously when Sora dueled Yuya for the first time. Sora pulls out the Pendulum pendant to help "Yuya" remembering and he even calls him "Shishou" like he did when he annoyed Yuya all the time back then. Zarc however doesn't give a shit. He's not even annoyed by all the talk Edo and Sora are delievering. You can a single tear dropping from Sora's face, then he sets a card and end his turn.

Zarc begins and he Pendulum Summons his two Darkvrms, but Edo reacts to that by activating his Trap Card D-Hyper Nova to destroy the two monsters, while Sora chains with the Trap Card Des-Toy Mad Parade to destroy all cards Zarc controls and inflict 500 damage for each card, resulting that Zarc loses four cards and 2000 Life Points. For a brief moment, Edo and Sora celebrate for clearing Zarc's entire field. Yes, a little bonding is actually nice. Well, the problem is that their opponent is Zarc. Since cards were destroyed while Zarc was holding him in his hand, he Special Summons Astrograph Magician from his hand and the cards that were destroyed return on the same place where they were. He tributes Astrograph Magician to banish Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, Starve Venom Fusion Dragon and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon to Tougou Shoukan Haouryuu Zarc. Like with Ra no Yokushinryuu or Sin Truth Dragon, Zarc becomes one with his monster.

During the time Sora and Edo are running away to find a safe spot where they can duel properly, Kurosaki and Kaito enter the duel and they took 2000 intrulsion damage. And due to Kurosaki's Duel Disk, the Field Spell Crossover is also activated. Zarc activates... Zarc's effect to destroy all monsters his opponents control and inflict damage equal the combined ATK of their monsters on Sora and Edo, causing them to lose. However, Haoryuu Zarc cannot attack during the turn the effect is activated, thus Kurosaki and Kaito are saved. Sora gives Kurosaki the pendant and Kurosaki begins his turn.

The end.

I like the concept of dueling Zarc.

It's a big survival duel. Who will last longer? Zarc or the Lancers. How many Lancers will lose until Ray will appear to take him down? It's a fair handicap. I prefer that instead of Ray, the four Bracelet Girls would fight him instead.

Preview:

-Kurosaki jumps on Rise Falcon.
-Zarc Xyz Summons a Haou version of Dark Rebellion.
-Kaito jumps on the Action platforms to get closer on Zarc.

Comun
26th December 2016, 12:20 AM
Zarc talks more like Don Thousand than as Jack. He sounds like a generic RPG demon villain and his "I'm attending the audience's wishes" doesn't make sense anymore because literally no one is cheering. I hated Zarc's concept ever since the first Kachidoki duel, but now the more I watch it, the worse it gets.

On the plus side, Sora's moments today were excellent. Also, had Shun and Kaito waited 3 more seconds, they would start the duel everyone having 4000LP and Zarc Dragon would be out of the field.

Merry christmas, Org people.

LolsterXD97
26th December 2016, 12:30 AM
The Pendant scene was the highlight of this episode, from how Sora tried to callback his first Duel with Yuya via Chimera and Darkwurm, to the point he called him "teacher" finally again. I actually felt sorry for poor Sora. And the Integration Summon was the other best part too, with the CGI and how anime!Zarc is way too over-the-top with its effects and being a Fusion-Synchro-Xyz-Pendulum hybrid.

Zarc sadly has the typical Yugioh Final Boss quirk of having no personality at all, would have prefered the haminess he had in 126's flashback, but still looking forward to him trashing people.

The duel writing in this episode was bs, pretty much all sides were pure boss spam and no worthy new cards while Zarc just sit there watching the opponent giving him free LP via his overpowered Scales. Also anime!Astrograph Summoning anime!Zarc the way it did would be the equivalent of Donny Summoning iC1000 with Winning Formula or Z-One Summoning anime!Sephylon with Time Maiden, basically not going through the whole effort to Summon it (in this case, Summoning the 4 Dragons legitimely and then Astrograph). However I still fucking love Astrograph, art, effect, flavor, everything.

Something weird to mention, but Zarc's yellow eyes were pretty for me, really piercing...

Merry Zarcmas everybody.

Sanokal
26th December 2016, 12:48 AM
Dammit Aster, what happened to Decider? And where did your Yugo reasoning go. Least it seems that Shay has the right idea.

LolsterXD97
26th December 2016, 12:54 AM
Dammit Aster, what happened to Decider? And where did your Yugo reasoning go. Least it seems that Shay has the right idea.

anime!Decider only works on the turn it was sent to the Graveyard, so he couldn't use it to avoid Zarc's effect. Don't know why he didn't use it with D - Soul Burst though given it was activated on the same turn Decider was sent to the Graveyard...

yshipster
26th December 2016, 12:56 AM

Now that you say it: Edo could have survived another turn indeed (or atleast negated the damage of his Spell card). That makes no sense at all...

Sanokal
26th December 2016, 01:08 AM
Knew there was a reason. Cheers.

NassX
26th December 2016, 12:53 PM
I would've prefered zarc spamming the 4 dragons in one turn rather than summoning zarc in his second turn but there was no time for that in the episode.
One thing: zarc is the first pendulum with xyz/synchro/fusion that when destroyed on the monster zone it doesn't put himself in the pendulum zone

yshipster
26th December 2016, 03:12 PM
I would've prefered zarc spamming the 4 dragons in one turn rather than summoning zarc in his second turn but there was no time for that in the episode.
One thing: zarc is the first pendulum with xyz/synchro/fusion that when destroyed on the monster zone it doesn't put himself in the pendulum zone

Because of it's strong, but on other cards depending, protection effects, once you get rid of the protection, you can most likely kill the card itself over and over again anyways. Kinda funny though that they added this effect for the OCG, but removed the self-summoning effect.

Eternalight
26th December 2016, 07:56 PM
Dat anime Z-arc as an Synchro/Xyz/Fusion/Effect Pendulum monster card doe...

Volteccer
27th December 2016, 01:20 AM
Dat anime Z-arc as an Synchro/Xyz/Fusion/Effect Pendulum monster card doe...

I'm going to make myself a proxy of it., so in casual games I can switch out the regular one for the more awesome looking one.

King
27th December 2016, 02:32 AM
Zarc is a shallow villain, it seems Z-One is still the best villain. He doesn't seem to have a goal.

Dark-Shimy
29th December 2016, 10:53 PM
Confirmed episode 138, "The Black-Winged Dragon". Gongenzaka and Jack vs Zarc. Another Zarc monster? Or Jack's new Dragon?

yshipster
29th December 2016, 11:00 PM
Confirmed episode 138, "The Black-Winged Dragon". Gongenzaka and Jack vs Zarc. Another Zarc monster? Or Jack's new Dragon?

Sounds much like a retrain of Crow's Signer Dragon for me. And he was in that V/W/whatever-JUMP article. So maybe he is with them and summons his new ace? Otherwise it sounds more like a Zarc card, since a Black-Winged Dragon does neither fit Jack, nor would it help a deck which has a generic opt nuke already.

ScionStorm
29th December 2016, 11:54 PM
Zarc is a shallow villain, it seems Z-One is still the best villain. He doesn't seem to have a goal.
Neither did the Joker but The Dark Knight is still the best movie of Nolan's trilogy.

If it was Jack's card it would have "Red" in it's name.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/9/93/SupremeKingDragonZarc-JP-Anime-AV.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/329?cb=20161225090021
Everything about this is 10x more brilliant than the OCG card.

Sanokal
30th December 2016, 12:05 AM

I'd take that with a grain of salt.

yshipster
30th December 2016, 12:16 AM
Neither did the Joker but The Dark Knight is still the best movie of Nolan's trilogy.

Actually that's not true. If I recall it correctly, the Joker wanted to turn the heroes into villians who are hated by the public.

LolsterXD97
30th December 2016, 12:43 AM

I bet a Supreme King Servant Dragon version of Clear Wing.

yshipster
30th December 2016, 02:12 AM

Probably yes. I guess he summons them in order of the appereance of the original forms then.

Dark-Shimy
30th December 2016, 03:32 AM
It didn't say on the spoiler, but it looks like Sawatari will duel Zarc on that episode, not known yet if he will make a team with Jack and Gongenzaka. But, if Sawatari is on that duel, then probably Crow will duel too in 138.

EDIT: Nvm, I saw that page again, it changed the title to "The Shadow-Winged Dragon". So it's more probably that is a Zarc version of Clear Wing Synchro Dragon.

J. D. Guy
30th December 2016, 08:56 AM
I'd take that with a grain of salt.

It's from the Weekly Jump. It tells, in small blurb, a bit about the episode that is airing the Sunday after the Sunday of the week it's leaked (which is the Sunday after the magazine actually comes out).

What is says is legit. Also, the translation seems to have been corrected to a more appropriate Supreme King Servent Dragon version of Clear Wing, which makes sense, since we're getting a Supreme King Servent Dragon version of Dark Rebellion in the next episode.

ScionStorm
30th December 2016, 10:20 AM
So first we get 2 fusion duelists vs. Zarc. Then 2 Xyz duelists. Then 2 Synchro duelists. That leaves... Sawatari and Reiji as 2 Pendulum duelists after that right? That should be all of them. Kind of feels like Zarc is running a videogame gauntlet.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0QtH2_UQAA52fQ.jpg
Alternatively, the way they are all paired up in this promo picture suggests Sawatari will be battling alongside Crow. And then it looks like the Akaba Bros will duel Zarc together.

darkgod789
30th December 2016, 10:35 AM
Ladies and Gentleman. Tickets for slaughter and entertainment festival are on sale. We have 8 fools facing against the ultimate entertainer, supreme king z'arc. Please place your bets on how long each of them will last. Will they last more than one episode and will they even get close to beating him? We promise that there will be alot of tears and blood so please join in with the excitement and despair but don't tell anyone about this .

Sanokal
30th December 2016, 10:37 AM
It's from the Weekly Jump. It tells, in small blurb, a bit about the episode that is airing the Sunday after the Sunday of the week it's leaked (which is the Sunday after the magazine actually comes out).

What is says is legit. Also, the translation seems to have been corrected to a more appropriate Supreme King Servent Dragon version of Clear Wing, which makes sense, since we're getting a Supreme King Servent Dragon version of Dark Rebellion in the next episode.

Blurb was poorly worded and there was no article on the main site. I accept that I was wrong but stand by my decision.

ScionStorm
30th December 2016, 10:56 AM
I hope Riley is the last one to stand against ZARC. Spam us with Extra Deck C/C monsters and flesh out his main deck monsters just a little bit. Can't expect a deck to survive on 2 main deck monsters alone. Maybe a couple Pendulum monsters that treat themselves as "C/C Critical Eye".

EmperorShun
30th December 2016, 11:05 AM

Damn right. But if he summons:

ZARC-Infected Dark Rebellion --> ZARC-Infected Clear-Wing --> ZARC-Infected Starve Venom

in order they appeared in the show...where is ZARC-Infected Odd-Eyes. And how many years will it take for them to get to us?
Furthermore, will they be the Manga equivalent of the Dimensional Pendulum Dragons?

yshipster
30th December 2016, 11:59 AM

ZARC-Infected Dark Rebellion --> ZARC-Infected Clear-Wing --> ZARC-Infected Starve Venom

in order they appeared in the show...where is ZARC-Infected Odd-Eyes. And how many years will it take for them to get to us?
Furthermore, will they be the Manga equivalent of the Dimensional Pendulum Dragons?

Odd-Eyes is always a bit random. So far, we didn't even get a proper Odd-Eyes evolution with 500 more ATK and DEF, which isn't a combination with another dragon.

KingKaash
30th December 2016, 11:02 PM
Things I liked:

-Sora was good in the episode. Acting like good ol' Sora from the beginning
-For once, the good guy gone bad is not fazed at all by the cries of his friends for help. It really feels like Yuya is no longer there. And that's good. No more bonds of friendship breaking through for once hopefully. Get ready to get wrecked, friends.

Things I didn't like:

-Anime Zarc being a multicolored card is just weird to me. Why couldn't they make it like the OCG card with the Fusion + Pendulum colors and then just have it have an effect that treats it as Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum card? The rainbow coloring is just odd
-I wanted to see actual Zarc in his human form from the flashback, not dragon merged Yuya. Not really a pleasant look
-I was hoping to see the duel last a little longer with new cards for Sora and Edo. But nope. I should just stop expecting at this point
-As much as I like Astrograph Magician's art, it's anime effect to basically send the Dragons from anywhere to the summon Zarc is OP.
-Why did Kurosaki and Kaito have to intrude? Just so they don't have to do Supreme King Dragon Zarc's summoning animation again? I would really like to see both of them start out with 4000 LP so the duel could last a little longer. I don't think Kaito will have any new monsters but I'm hoping for a new RR for Kurosaki even though I shouldn't
-It would've made more sense for Edo and Sora to be disintegrated in to life energy that gets sucked into Arc V for Ray (even though they wouldn't be carded) rather than just lay there on the brink of dying. I just like to see casualties because it feels like that villain has actually destroyed something

Anyways, Kurosaki seems like he's going to put on a show in the next episode. You can always count on Kurosaki to go all out!

LolsterXD97
30th December 2016, 11:10 PM

For me he is Summoning them in the order he listed them for Zarc's Summon (Dark Rebellion, Clear Wing, Starving Venom and Odd-Eyes), so Zarc'd Starving Venom will appear against Crow and Sawatari and Zarc'd Odd-Eyes against Reiji and Reira.

ScionStorm
31st December 2016, 12:02 AM
Just caught up with the last couple episodes. Yuri is currently at the top of my list of des picable turds in the YGO franchise.

Sanokal
31st December 2016, 12:27 AM
Just caught up with the last couple episodes. Yuri is currently at the top of my list of des picable turds in the YGO franchise.

He was indeed magnificent.

LolsterXD97
31st December 2016, 12:35 AM
He was indeed magnificent.

Agreed. Its a crime it took until 106 to finally see him in action.

Sanokal
31st December 2016, 04:14 AM
Agreed. Its a crime it took until 106 to finally see him in action.

At least he made the most of his time in spades.

J. D. Guy
31st December 2016, 06:27 AM
Blurb was poorly worded and there was no article on the main site. I accept that I was wrong but stand by my decision.

Do you mean Ygorg or Maxut's blog? Ygorg doesn't always post Anime related stuff that isn't card related. And if it was from Maxut's blog, which it has to be, unless they got their translation from DMC277 or understand Japanese, they would have likely used google translated, which is all kinds of inaccurate.

There's no need for the skepticism in this case, because it came from Weekly Jump, which as I mentioned before, always shows a blurb for the episodes of shows that come out during the week it is officially released (we just only hear about Yugioh because that's all that's really relevant to us).

Long story short, we are getting Supreme King Servant Dragons of both Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing in the 2 episodes to come, and Gong and Jack will take over from Shay and Kite in the episode after next.

What is not confirmed, but is still likely based on the information that is confirmed, is that we will also be getting Supreme King Servant versions of Starving Venom and Odd-Eyes in sequence afterwards.

-Why did Kurosaki and Kaito have to intrude? Just so they don't have to do Supreme King Dragon Zarc's summoning animation again? I would really like to see both of them start out with 4000 LP so the duel could last a little longer. I don't think Kaito will have any new monsters but I'm hoping for a new RR for Kurosaki even though I shouldn't

They wanted to intrude. Why? Because they wanted to help Sora and Aster.

In this case, they go their too late, but those are the breaks sometimes.

Sanokal
31st December 2016, 08:06 AM
This was on the wiki. I didn't know that it came from V-Jump at that point.

J. D. Guy
31st December 2016, 10:59 AM
This was on the wiki. I didn't know that it came from V-Jump at that point.

Weekly Jump actually (also know as W-Jump). And yeah, that's how the wikia got it.

KingJinzo
1st January 2017, 08:16 PM
-Why did Kurosaki and Kaito have to intrude? Just so they don't have to do Supreme King Dragon Zarc's summoning animation again? I would really like to see both of them start out with 4000 LP so the duel could last a little longer.

How were they supposed to know what Haouryuu Zarc was capable off?

KingKaash
1st January 2017, 11:57 PM
They wanted to intrude. Why? Because they wanted to help Sora and Aster.

In this case, they go their too late, but those are the breaks sometimes.

I meant the writers writing them in to intrude. But I'm done complaining. New year now and Arc-V is almost done. Sit back, shut up and watch. I expect Jack and Gong to intrude and get the intrusion penalty as well.

A giant dragon looks pretty intimidating to me. I guess they want these duels with Zarc to only last an episode. But like I said. I'm done complaining.

MadRest
6th January 2017, 11:29 PM

By using the function on their Duel Discs which allows them to view all of a card's details, first shown during the Xyz Dimension arc, promptly ruining any semblance of logic there was to how public knowledge functioned in the anime. Similarly, Edo could have simply read the effects of the Gates of the Supreme King and not used Dystopiaguy's damage-inflicting effect.

yshipster
7th January 2017, 12:27 AM
By using the function on their Duel Discs which allows them to view all of a card's details, first shown during the Xyz Dimension arc, promptly ruining any semblance of logic there was to how public knowledge functioned in the anime. Similarly, Edo could have simply read the effects of the Gates of the Supreme King and not used Dystopiaguy's damage-inflicting effect.

They probably can't do that unless they participate in the duel.

MadRest
7th January 2017, 01:03 AM
They probably can't do that unless they participate in the duel.

Still doesn't explain why Edo didn't do it. I guarantee they won't even bother next episode and will be wowed with all of its broken effects and the cards they wasted. They should never have shown that function being used.