PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 139 Discussion: Super Ultra Hyper Strong Duelist Neo New Sawatari

KingJinzo
22nd January 2017, 04:50 PM
After defeating the two manliest men with his wicked Entertainment Dueling (even it looked more like Yuri's thing to me), the third manly man Crow Hogan the black phoenix (not African, not Brittish) and Super Ultra Hyper Strong Duelist Neo New Sawatari Shingo-sama will continue in their place.

Since Haouryuu Zarc destroyed a monster (Red Daemon's Dragon Scarlight to be specific), he Special Summons his two Darkwürmer from his Extra Deck in Defense Position...I guess he is not allowed to attack them, even though Battle Royal duelist have very incosistent and loose rules to begin with. Then he sets three cards and end his turn. I'm 100% sure that this move doesn't come from Yuya's influence. He is waiting for Crow and Sawatari to do their move and to show them the best Entertainment. This is what you get if you combine Yuya and Yuri in one body.

Layra is telling Reiji that the Professor needs the four cards that defeated Zarc and that both of them should not fight each other at this point. Reiji is now looking for his father alone, while Layra receives another message from Ray.

Sawatari and Crow tell Zarc that what he is doing is not entertainment, as entertainment is about making people smile (egao; I simply can't put egao as a verb). Crow takes the initiative before Sawatari and he recalls his argument he had with Yuya. He realizes now that egao is as important as food. He Normal Summons Kochi (I guess I don't need to tell you who Kochi is) and then Special Summons Gladius. He is thankful for Yuya that he brought real piece in City and ended the war between the Tops and Commons and Crow will stop him destroying the world(s). He tunes Gladius with Kochi to Synchro Summon Raikiri. However, since Crow Synchro Summoned, Zarc Synchro Summons Haoukenryuu Clear Wing during Crow's turn and activates its effect to negate Raikiri's effect and destroy him. Then Crow activates the Quick-Spell Card Black Feather Illusion to Special Summon the destroyed Raikiri, but with his effects negated. That is Crow's entertainment. He declares with Raikiri to attack Clear Wing, but Clear Wing negates the attack and destroys Raikiri. Of course, unlike Jack, Crow is not the kind of idiot who would do the same mistake someone did just a moment ago (I'm referencing the Bruno's debut episode). He activates the Quick-Spell Card Black Feather Reverse to negate the damage he would have taken from Clear Wing's effect and Special Summons a Black Feather Synchro Monster from his Extra Deck whose ATK is equal to the original damage. Since the original damage was 2600, he Special Summons Chidori on the field. With three Black Feather monsters in his Graveyard, Chidori gains 900 ATK and attacks Clear Wing. Like I said, unlike Jack, Crow doesn't repeat someone's mistake, as he banishes Black Feather Illusion from his Graveyard to negate the effects Zarc's Spell Cards until the end of the Damage Step, inflicting 1000 damage on Zarc, something which we haven't seen since Sora damaged him.

Zarc however is not impressed by Crow's entertainment and now starts his entertainment. He activates his Continuous Trap Card Haou Ranbu (Supreme King Dance) and forces Chidori to attack again. Since Haouryuu Zarc is the only monster on the field, Chidori loses the battle pathetically. As Haouryuu Zarc destroyed a monster in battle, he Special Summons his two Darkwurm in Defense Position, then Crow activates Chidori's effect to revive Raikiri on the field. During his Main Phase 2, Crow activates Raikiri's effect to destroy a card on Zarc's field, with Zarc commenting that he's unaffected by the effects of Fusion, Xyz and Synchro Monsters. The Black Bullet notices that Zarc seems to hate the idea of losing, telling him that he cannot fully appreciate victories if he never experiences losses. The Commons used to lose a lot, but they never gave up. For the first time, Zarc is upset about his opponent's words, telling him that he won't ever lose. Anyway, Raikiri's effect fails due to Haou Ranbu's protection effect. Then Crow ends his turn.

Finally, we get to see Super Ultra Hyper Strong Duelist Neo New Sawatari Shingo-sama's turn, and he steal Yuya's catch phrase right at the beginning. (That's not the right time you're supposed to use it. It's meant for climaxes). He sets Devil Heel and Funky Comedian on his Pendulum Zone and Pendulum Summons his all-star cast Big Star, Wild Hope and Pretty Heroine. But Zarc interrupts Sawatari's show and tributes his two Darkwurm to Special Summon that Pendulum Monster from either his hand, deck or Extra Deck: Haoukenryuu Odd-Eyes. Meanwhile, the Syuzou and the Yusyo kids still haven't realized that Zarc looks like Yuya. Yes, it's pretty far away, but come on. Sawatari activates Big Star's effect to act the Abyss Script - Rise of the Abyss King to his hand. But since he added a card to his hand, Haouryuu Zarc's destroys the card. Sawatari taunts him for being afraid, which pisses Zarc off. Then Sawatari activates Continuous Spell Card Abyss Script - Abyss Entertainment from his hand to tribute Pretty Heroine and to set Rise of the Abyss King from his Graveyard to his field. He then activates the Spell Card he just set (thankfully that is legit) to destroy cards equal to the number of Abyss Actors with different names he controls. He targets Zarc and Odd-Eyes, and since Sawatari controls a Level 7 Abyss Actor, Zarc cannot respond with cards or effects to Rise of the Abyss King's activation, thus Haou Ranbu is unable to protect him and Odd-Eyes.

However, the first time Pendulum cards on the field cannot be destroyed once per turn, thanks to Odd-Eyes' effect. Tatsuya still thinks that the opponent isn't Yuya-niichan (well, he is more or less right), even though the others see a connection between the opponent and Yuya. Sawatari taunts Zarc for his lack of courage, recalling their second duel where Yuya risked his well-being to grab an Action Card. As Abyss Entertainmen has no "once per turn" restriction, Sawatari reuses its effect to re-set Rise of the Abyss King and activates to destroys Zarc. However, Haouryuu Zarc cannot be destroyed as long as Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Monsters are in either player's Graveyard, thus the monsters of Sora, Edo, Kurosaki, Kaito, Gongenzaka, Jack and Crow will protect him.

Then the Professor emerges with his cool platform and tells Crow and Sawatari that they won't defeat him that way and he joins the duel and takes the intrusion damage. The fusion of the dimensions continues, thus Standard, the Xyz Dimension end mixed up with the Fusion Dimension, and some carded people have been returned. The Professor asks if Zarc recognizes him and the latter confirms that. We see some old flashbacks again, but this time Zarc is not silhouetted, probably because both, the Professor and Zarc know how Zarc looked like back then.

The duel continues and Zarc sends his Haou Ranbu to his Graveyard to force Big Star and Raikiri to attack Zarc. At first it looks like Crow and Sawatari would survive the attack, but due to Odd-Eyes's effect, the Battle Damage Pendulum Monsters inflict to on Zarc's opponents gets doubled, thus the two of them lose.

The Professor intends to defeat with the cards that defeated Zarc and begins his turn. He activates Spirit Collapse and pays 1000 Life Points to send a Fusion Monster, Pendulum Ruler, from his Extra Deck to his Graveyard. At this point, Reiji joins the duel and doesn't leave his father alone to fight Zarc. Now that there are three Fusion Monsters in the Graveyard, the Professor's conditions are complete. However, Zarc activates Haou Burei (Supreme King Brutality) to destroy four cards in the Professor's hand, destroying the four Kachou Fugetsu cards En Flowers, En Birds, En Winds and En Moon and inflicts 300 damage for each destroyed card, causing the Professor to lose. Reiji saves his Too-chan (how cute) from his fall, while Layra climbs up the ARC-V where he finds Ray. (Damn you, censorship.)

I hope the Professor has learned his lesson about stacking your deck.

Well, Crow and Sawatari did a good job and managed to discover Zarc's personality flaw. Zarc's overpowered cards seems to cover up some kind of inferioty/superiority complex. Zarc might be invincible, but since he apparently hasn't experienced losses, he's afraid to lose. Considering how extremely competetive this guy is, I can understand that. It's actually nice to see that his overpowered cards aren't just overpowered for the sake of making him overpowered, but to reflect his personality. Unlike Dartz, Darkness, Z-one and Don Thousand, Zarc's cards protect him from something that he is afraid of.

While Clear Wing and Dark Rebellion are so powerful that they can deal with the opponents alone, Odd-Eyes is more supportive and gives Zarc the extra offensive power that Zarc needs to make him an even greater threat.

Preview:

- Its noon.
- The Professor is upset, probably because of his loss.
- Executive Alexander attacks Haouryuu Zarc.
- We see Yuya struggling inside Zarc's mind.
- Haoukenryuu Odd-Eyes attacks.

darkgod789
22nd January 2017, 05:03 PM
So what was the point of leo joining the duel? he joined, sent a fusion monster to grave and get instantly wiped out. I laughed when that happened. Also i like the combo of odd-eyes, zarc and dance of the supreme king. Let me force you to attack and have your monster die and you take double damage. Z'arc may have really OP cards but he does make use of them in some interesting ways.

Destiny91
22nd January 2017, 05:20 PM
I think only few people would have thought some months ago that, among all the characters, Sawatari and Crow would be the ones to irritate Zarc, or at least damage his pride a little bit.
Sawatari's confidence during the duel actually made me like his character a lot more.

Talking about the next episode, since Neo New Alexander attacks Zarc itself, I can imagine it having an attack increasing Effect or one that reduces the ATK of the opponent. But well, it can also be a Catastor-like Effect

The mokey
22nd January 2017, 05:51 PM
Reiji is definetly gonna recycle leos cards

Dark-Shimy
22nd January 2017, 06:39 PM
So what was the point of leo joining the duel? he joined, sent a fusion monster to grave and get instantly wiped out. I laughed when that happened. Also i like the combo of odd-eyes, zarc and dance of the supreme king. Let me force you to attack and have your monster die and you take double damage. Z'arc may have really OP cards but he does make use of them in some interesting ways.

Probably to show that Leo got back the 4 Bracelets Spell Cards. But with them in Graveyard, who will use them again?

ScionStorm
22nd January 2017, 06:53 PM
Leo was promptly curbstomped just like he deserves for causing this whole catastrophe in the first place.

J. D. Guy
22nd January 2017, 10:14 PM
I think some of the moves happened differently than described in the opening post. For example, Crow tried to use Raikiri to destroy the Continuous Trap Supreme King Dance, but Supreme King Dance can prevent the destruction of Supreme King cards once per turn.

Never die
22nd January 2017, 10:28 PM
Zarc however is not impressed by Crow's entertainment Emm i am pretty sure Zarc even praised Crow for defeating his monster.

KingJinzo
22nd January 2017, 10:30 PM
Emm i am pretty sure Zarc even praised Crow for defeating his monster.

But he wasn't really impressed, even asking him "Is that all your entertainment got?".

False_Revelation
22nd January 2017, 11:25 PM
So the key to beating zarc isnt trying to get yuya to wake up...its trash talk????

Indytotof
23rd January 2017, 09:23 AM
OK... Leo go home, you sucks. Also... off-screen redemption ? REALLY ?

Damn, Arc-V does not a great job at redempting villains (and makes competent villains outside of Yuri).

Also, Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing were altered designs of their Heavenly counterparts.... but Odd-Eyes is just the regular one with green stripes added. I'm disapointed by this lack of creativity. Let's hope Haokenryu Starving Venom have a more creative design.

darkgod789
23rd January 2017, 10:34 AM
OK... Leo go home, you sucks. Also... off-screen redemption ? REALLY ?

Damn, Arc-V does not a great job at redempting villains (and makes competent villains outside of Yuri).

Also, Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing were altered designs of their Heavenly counterparts.... but Odd-Eyes is just the regular one with green stripes added. I'm disapointed by this lack of creativity. Let's hope Haokenryu Starving Venom have a more creative design.

I literally laughed when leo got rekt. He put the least fight out of ALL the opponents. He did worse than shun and kaito which is an award in itself. This is why you don't tell your opponent how you intend to win. He was already a an idiot for causing z'arc to revive but telling z'arc how you aim on winning is not the smartest idea in the world.

yshipster
23rd January 2017, 03:24 PM
I literally laughed when leo got rekt. He put the least fight out of ALL the opponents. He did worse than shun and kaito which is an award in itself. This is why you don't tell your opponent how you intend to win. He was already a an idiot for causing z'arc to revive but telling z'arc how you aim on winning is not the smartest idea in the world.

You mean Sora and Edo, right?

LolsterXD97
23rd January 2017, 03:50 PM
You mean Sora and Edo, right?

Sora and Edo at least damaged Zarc, Shun and Kaito just gave him an extra card.

darkgod789
23rd January 2017, 04:27 PM
Sora and Edo at least damaged Zarc, Shun and Kaito just gave him an extra card.

Basically that. Also Sora and Edo at least removed the pendulum scales (until astrograph magician reversed back time) and dealt damage. And z'arc showed that he didn't really respect them by having his darkvrms beat them (his lesser monsters). Leo literally did nothing and got swatted away like a fly. I guess Shun and kaito did demonstrate how zarc can special summon an extra deck monster during their turn if that mattered.

Comun
23rd January 2017, 07:06 PM
Damn, Arc-V does not a great job at redempting villains

That's not even that bad compared to their job redeeming Kaito. Leo's off-screen redemption at least made sense to the characterization, unlike the guy who left after considering carding Shun and came back a bro for no reason.

yshipster
23rd January 2017, 07:48 PM
Basically that. Also Sora and Edo at least removed the pendulum scales (until astrograph magician reversed back time) and dealt damage. And z'arc showed that he didn't really respect them by having his darkvrms beat them (his lesser monsters). Leo literally did nothing and got swatted away like a fly. I guess Shun and kaito did demonstrate how zarc can special summon an extra deck monster during their turn if that mattered.

Sora and Edo did 2000 LP damage, yes, but on the other hand, they increased his LP by 4000 in the first place, so I doubt that you can count in that damage. Also they just attacked blindly, while Shun and Kaito showed way more synergy and had an actual setup in case their attacks failed. All of them did barely anything, but you can say that about all of Zarc's enemies so far, even Jack and Gongenzaka, no matter how impressive it might have looked.

ScionStorm
23rd January 2017, 08:12 PM
That's not even that bad compared to their job redeeming Kaito. Leo's off-screen redemption at least made sense to the characterization, unlike the guy who left after considering carding Shun and came back a bro for no reason.

That combined with Edo and the Tylers' quickplay About Face leaves significant evidence of a longer story forced into compression suggesting the writers thought they had more time with the story than ended up happening and were notified of the change too late in the process to do anything more than make a choppy edit of the plot to resolve the invested setup they'd already created for the Xyz arc.

KingJinzo
23rd January 2017, 08:45 PM
This episode also confirms that the defeated duelists can't return back to the duel, since their Graveyards are still part of the duel. It worked with Roget since every hologram clone was considered a new person. My bet is that Reiji will somehow manage to destroy Haouryuu Zarc, but he will revive himself with his Pendulum Effect.

Honestly, Zarc is more a duelist in heart than all the other big bads before him, except Kaiba and Pegasus, those two are also duelists in heart. The big bads usually use their cards as tools to destroy the world or something different, but Zarc is actively a monster himself and he seeks challengers because he loves dueling and effortlessly slaughtering his opponents because he loves winning so much.

Sanokal
24th January 2017, 01:38 AM
To be honest, the Xyz arc was fine up until 112. It only needed about five-to-ten more episodes to do it properly, while the stuff with Zuzu, Yugo, and Dennis could have partially occurred in that timeframe. Heck, they could have even introduced the Battle Beast then, 'cause we all know Mamoru wouldn't have been able to live up to arc villain strength.

Never die
24th January 2017, 01:49 AM
Sora and Edo did 2000 LP damage, yes, but on the other hand, they increased his LP by 4000 in the first place, so I doubt that you can count in that damage. Also they just attacked blindly, while Shun and Kaito showed way more synergy and had an actual setup in case their attacks failed. All of them did barely anything, but you can say that about all of Zarc's enemies so far, even Jack and Gongenzaka, no matter how impressive it might have looked.

Edo and Sora did just like you said.Shun and kaito did nothing apart from increasing Zarc's hand size by 1.Jack with help from gong defeated Clear wing but increased Zarc's life.Leo and Sawatari made Zarc waste 1 trap card each and thats it.The one who did the most was Crow,he lowered Zarc's life point by 1000 and defeated Clear wing and he did it withought assist.

J. D. Guy
24th January 2017, 12:00 PM
Edo and Sora did just like you said.Shun and kaito did nothing apart from increasing Zarc's hand size by 1.Jack with help from gong defeated Clear wing but increased Zarc's life.Leo and Sawatari made Zarc waste 1 trap card each and thats it.The one who did the most was Crow,he lowered Zarc's life point by 1000 and defeated Clear wing and he did it withought assist.

I'm not sure what was gained from you repeating what somebody else already said (in a manner that is harder to understand), as if one is more "right" than the other, beyond starting or continuing controversy.

Never die
24th January 2017, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure what was gained from you repeating what somebody else already said (in a manner that is harder to understand), as if one is more "right" than the other, beyond starting or continuing controversy.

And i am not sure what was gained from you telling me what you are saying now.Anyways the point is that out of the people Zarc dueled,a few of them actually did something,i was actually pointing that out by comparing what each character did,its not that hard to understand.

KingKaash
27th January 2017, 10:22 PM
Bravo Crow and Sawatari! Boo Leo Akaba. Crow and Sawatari made it interesting. Crow took down Clear Wing and for a second all the characters thought Sawatari destroyed Zarc with his persistence and "swagger". The Leo part was so anticlimatic! I really wanted to see what these Spell cards would do and then the next thing I see is he loses. I guess Leo gets what he deserves for stacking his cards smh. The only good thing to come out of that was seeing Zarc's original face.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/4/40/Zarc_face.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/229?cb=20170122204522

I read the spoilers and I was hoping Reiji would break the trend and not intrude to start fresh with 4000 LP and make the duel a bit longer since he's the last one standing (other than Ray I guess) but I was a fool to think that. They're not gonna have Zarc restart when he already has his strategy set up. Let's see if Zarc vs Reiji lasts more than one episode. Art looks pretty good for the next episode btw.

Indytotof
28th January 2017, 08:44 AM
Bravo Crow and Sawatari! Boo Leo Akaba. Crow and Sawatari made it interesting. Crow took down Clear Wing and for a second all the characters thought Sawatari destroyed Zarc with his persistence and "swagger". The Leo part was so anticlimatic! I really wanted to see what these Spell cards would do and then the next thing I see is he loses. I guess Leo gets what he deserves for stacking his cards smh. The only good thing to come out of that was seeing Zarc's original face.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/4/40/Zarc_face.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/229?cb=20170122204522

I read the spoilers and I was hoping Reiji would break the trend and not intrude to start fresh with 4000 LP and make the duel a bit longer since he's the last one standing (other than Ray I guess) but I was a fool to think that. They're not gonna have Zarc restart when he already has his strategy set up. Let's see if Zarc vs Reiji lasts more than one episode. Art looks pretty good for the next episode btw.

Zarc vs Reiji is only one episode. To 141 to the end, the writers rush to an end with simingly no explanation what-so-ever about some key points of the plot (the Pendulum, origin of the Pendulum Summon) and nothing about Zarc's origin). Episode 140 will be the last episode of Arc-V I will watch. Since the writers don't give a shit about the show, why should I ?

King
28th January 2017, 01:57 PM
Zarc vs Reiji is only one episode. To 141 to the end, the writers rush to an end with simingly no explanation what-so-ever about some key points of the plot (the Pendulum, origin of the Pendulum Summon) and nothing about Zarc's origin). Episode 140 will be the last episode of Arc-V I will watch. Since the writers don't give a shit about the show, why should I ?

Why are feeling so sure about 141 being the last Episode ? As far as i know, every Yugioh Anime ends 1 week before the debut of its sucessor Anime.

Indytotof
28th January 2017, 02:03 PM
Why are feeling so sure about 141 being the last Episode ? As far as i know, every Yugioh Anime ends 1 week before the debut of its sucessor Anime.

Re-read the comment: I've said "to 141 to the end". I've only said that 140 is probably the last episode I will watch (and the Ceremonial Duel). 141 doesn't look like an exposition episode. What about Zarc's origin (we barely know who he was before becoming Sadism and Destruction incarnate) ? Wheredid the Pendulum come from ? Why did it turn some Yuya's cards to Pendulum Monsters or Pendulum Summon related cards ?

Those plot points needs to be addressed.

yshipster
28th January 2017, 02:29 PM
Re-read the comment: I've said "to 141 to the end". I've only said that 140 is probably the last episode I will watch (and the Ceremonial Duel). 141 doesn't look like an exposition episode. What about Zarc's origin (we barely know who he was before becoming Sadism and Destruction incarnate) ? Wheredid the Pendulum come from ? Why did it turn some Yuya's cards to Pendulum Monsters or Pendulum Summon related cards ?

Wait, you think the Zarc-Arc will end with 140? In the preview Reiji said the he needs Yuya, the founder of Pendulum at his side to defeat Zarc, so 141 is probably about Reiji intruding into Zarcs mind to wake Yuya up, and 142 will continue the real duel vs Zarc from 140.

King
28th January 2017, 02:46 PM

Maybe Zarc will explain the Pendulum

Indytotof
28th January 2017, 03:12 PM
Wait, you think the Zarc-Arc will end with 140? In the preview Reiji said the he needs Yuya, the founder of Pendulum at his side to defeat Zarc, so 141 is probably about Reiji intruding into Zarcs mind to wake Yuya up, and 142 will continue the real duel vs Zarc from 140.

It's not me that says that, it's one of the staff exectutive that said Zarc arc ends in 140.

yshipster
28th January 2017, 09:40 PM
It's not me that says that, it's one of the staff exectutive that said Zarc arc ends in 140.

Source?

Because that would mean that we would see Reiji vs Zarc, Reira helping Ray, the deactivation of the Arc-V and the return of the 4 Yu-Girls and -Boys in 1 episode.

Also the facts that Yuzu isn't present in 141, and that the mentioned Junior Arc League Championship is the tournament from season 1 indicate something else...

NassX
28th January 2017, 10:52 PM
somebody must've said this already but i really think it will be reiji trying to go going to zarc's mind to bring yuya back by making him remember where it all began, And the next episode lists tsukikage and ray, does this mean kage is back? or just in the tournament reiji will talk about

Sanokal
28th January 2017, 11:09 PM
somebody must've said this already but i really think it will be reiji trying to go going to zarc's mind to bring yuya back by making him remember where it all began, And the next episode lists tsukikage and ray, does this mean kage is back? or just in the tournament reiji will talk about

Given that the people sealed into cards are returning, Moon showing up makes sense.

MadRest
28th January 2017, 11:11 PM

If that's true, I'm calling it now: Ray's going to be evil.

MadRest
28th January 2017, 11:16 PM
But I think that means they're just counting this entire Battle Royal as one arc, not that Zarc will stop existing.

KingKaash
28th January 2017, 11:52 PM

Idk because the preview for Episode 140 talked about the founding of the Pendulum summon and what not. But we'll have to wait and see. I would be pissed if they don't explain the Pendulum stuff but I doubt that happens.

Feel free to watch as much as you'd like. I've come to accept Arc-V for what it is. All series had their flaws. And when I was much younger I didn't look at the flaws. I enjoyed it for what it was. I guess as you grow older you start to see flaws and kind of create your own expectations for how you want things to end and that can't be helped that our brains now think that way. But I'm dialing it down, sitting back and taking whatever the writers give me. I totally agree it's rushed but I'll still watch it