PDA

View Full Version : First of many Odd-Eyes?

AccelRainbowDashley
29th September 2015, 07:55 PM
I haven't posted a deck online in years. I couldn't even tell you when the last time was.

Anyway, I really like dragons. When other little girls wanted dolls, I wanted dragons to keep the spookies away. Throughout the years I've always had some form of dragon deck, although there were times when I decided it was better not to, such as with E-Dragons. Galaxy was one of my favourites, with my kind of gameplay: spamming big dragons to eat people with. Now, we have Odd-Eyes and friends, and I absolutely love the archetype. It has the flexible gameplay I prefer, are dragons, have some great art, and is the first archetype to include all major forms of special summons. For someone like me, it's a dream. I did make decks based on Rune-Eyes and Beast-Eyes when they came about, but as anyone reading is aware they weren't exactly consistent until recently.

So that brings me to now, and I've decided to make many variants. Six, in fact. Five will be focused entirely on a specific summon type (Synchro, XYZ, Ritual, Fusion and Pendulum) with the last being the combination of all five. For reasons unclear to even myself, I decided to post decks here. At least one of them. If it gathers attention, I'll consider posting the rest, but for now, I'll start with the one that is statistically more likely to be hated by most people.

http://i.imgur.com/wXgxHGI.png

Keeping in mind a few things. First, this is the first draft. Many cards are subject to change, and I'll admit a few of them were just thrown in as filler because it was 2am and I couldn't think of anything else.

Secondly, I play competitive-casual. Yes, I build decks with the intention to win, but I don't play ultra-mega-T0-sacky-tryhard decks, either. The folks I play with are of the same mindset. My enjoyment of the game comes from winning with decks I enjoy playing.

With that out of the way, I feel like I'm pretty happy with the Extra deck. The main deck can do with some improvements, but I was aiming for a deck that's obviously geared towards it's intended purpose beyond using the right levels of monsters. That's why Stoic Challenge and Kattobingu Challenge are there, I think they're fun cards without being too situational. I also just realized they both have 'Challenge' in the names. Hm. I want to try and fit in Double or Nothing, too, since using that with Absolute or Utopia along with something else is absolutely rude.

In any case, I hope anyone that reads enjoys.

Dread Kaiser
29th September 2015, 08:15 PM
I am going to say this first

Holy fuck, Trapeze magician?
The clown Xyz in a deck with no Clowns?

Its like they didn't want their own boss and gave him away...

Second

Yes, I build decks with the intention to win, but I don't play ultra-mega-T0-sacky-tryhard decks
Gonna remember THAT line

3rd
Loving the lack of the usual R4NK

and 4th
Synchro next pls

Yuuri
29th September 2015, 08:43 PM
Secondly, I play competitive-casual. Yes, I build decks with the intention to win, but I don't play ultra-mega-T0-sacky-tryhard decks, either. The folks I play with are of the same mindset. My enjoyment of the game comes from winning with decks I enjoy playing.

This is the mindset many people should have. Instead, they simply play the game as if it is barbaric sport.

The deck looks sturdy, to say the least. I am curious as to what the card is next to the left of Mirror Force. I am also curious as to how running so many Level 7s is holding up. I imagine you are having some consistency issues, but that is just me. I look forward to your take on the Synchro variant!

HelixReactor
29th September 2015, 09:25 PM
Let's see who's the true Master of Rainbows: Odd-Eyes, or big sis.

Looking forward the remaining decks ^_^

In the meantime,
*intense furious glares at Kattobingu Challenge couldn't get any more intense*

AccelRainbowDashley
29th September 2015, 09:33 PM
Trapeze is pretty great, I'm probably going to end up leaning the deck towards things like multi-attacks to set it apart from standard XYZ spam, since that would require me to use unusual cards. I think another underlying theme for this deck will be winning via overwhelming the opponent with big monsters and big damage. Something like Synchro would be on the technical side.

The rank 4s I chose are things I like. I'm not a fan of something like Exciton, for example. Rhapsody is there because it's a fun card to use, but also pretty solid. Then I have Utopia Lightning because sometimes you just have to punch something in the face really hard.

This is the mindset many people should have. Instead, they simply play the game as if it is barbaric sport.

Indeed, and there are others who think you can only ever be either casual or competitive. I personally think the middle ground is far more fun. You get to see decks that you otherwise wouldn't.

The card in question is Stoic Challenge, one of my favourite equips in the game. It's not just a 'slap it on and forget it' card, since you have to play around it for it to be effective, but doing do can reduce it's intial boost.

I haven't gotten a chance to test it yet, but you're probably right in that there are too many level 7s. That'll be one of the first things I work out.

Let's see who's the true Master of Rainbows: Odd-Eyes, or big sis.

Looking forward the remaining decks ^_^

In the meantime,
*intense furious glares at Kattobingu Challenge couldn't get any more intense*

It's obviously me, since I have 'rainbow' in my name =p

EDIT: I forgot to mention, since Synchro seems to be a popular choice, that will be the next one I post. I don't know when it'll be, but it'll happen.

Dread Kaiser
29th September 2015, 10:29 PM
I am curious as to what the card is next to the left of Mirror Force.

Hi-five the Sky, gives an Xyz a second attack when it battles, that second attack has Armades coverage

AccelRainbowDashley
29th September 2015, 10:31 PM
Hi-five the Sky, gives an Xyz a second attack when it battles, that second attack has Armades coverage

That's to the right.

Dread Kaiser
29th September 2015, 10:35 PM
Whoops, for some reason I read as "that trap next to mirror force".....

Thats Stoic Challenge, OTK maker
equip to a xyz that has mats, it can't activate effects, +600 per mat on your field, Doubled damage

AccelRainbowDashley
29th September 2015, 10:39 PM
I used it on Odd-Eyes Rebellion once since it doesn't stop continuous effects, and Judai Dragon doesn't have any detach effects.

pyrQ
30th September 2015, 01:33 AM
I used it on Odd-Eyes Rebellion once since it doesn't stop continuous effects, and Judai Dragon doesn't have any detach effects.

Also works well with Flare Metal. Doesn't stop his burn effect, you're not running any Red-Eyes so you won't detach, and he won't get destroyed when Stoic leaves the field. Pretty interesting card.

AccelRainbowDashley
1st October 2015, 02:40 AM
Yea. I can also throw it on almost any XYZ just to punch something if needed. Lots of options for a simple card.

ChaseLumsden
2nd October 2015, 01:20 AM
Stoic Challenge, ye ole that is Fusion.
It powers up an Xyz Monster's ATK by 600 for each Material attached, it doubles battle damage if it attacks, and it kills the monster attached with this card at the end of the Turn.

Icematoro
5th October 2015, 02:17 AM
As an avid Magician Player I have some corrections, you're obviously not obligated to even consider them, with that said.

a) Creation/XiangSheng Magician is not precisely a good card, if it's about having more lvl 4 Pendulums, you have WAY better options out there. I could say the same about Oversight, but he can be of use.

b) Destruction/Xiangke Magician is good, but 3 is overkill, The deck's consistent enough, looking for him, or getting him back shouldn't be a problem, Also, you don't need that many lvl 7s, 1 Destruction/Xiangke should be enough.

c) Sky Arc can destroy anything you have Face-Up to fetch an Odd-Eyes, this is a pendulum deck, the uses for this card are MANY, and also covers your Pendulum Scales as long as they have "Magician", "Performapal" or "Odd-Eyes" in their name. Can be used with Terraforming and Chicken Game to add some extra Speed to the deck, but I prefer not to. I run 2 Sky Arcs and a Terraforming and it works nicely. As an extra, it also searches Odd-Eyes Fusion.

d) You can run Dark Hole and Torrential Tribute on this deck with little to no repercussions, Arguably better than running 2 Mirror Forces.

e) It's not worth Running 3 Dragonvein Magicians (lvl 4 normal/pendulum), your best High-Scale might be Dragonpit Magician (lvl 7 Normal/Pendulum), but your best Low-Scale is hands down Peasant Dragon Magician (lvl 6 Effect/Pendulum), I personally run 3 Dragonpits, 3 Peasant Dragons, and 1 Dragonvein, and I only run Dragonvein because...

f) You can, and SHOULD run Ebon Illusion Magician (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ebon_Illusion_Magician), I don't think I need to explain why, you should be able to figure it out with just reading his effect.

Btw, Good Luck with the Ritual Version, you'll need it =I

Noir
5th October 2015, 04:35 AM
As an avid Magician Player I have some corrections, you're obviously not obligated to even consider them, with that said.

a) Creation/XiangSheng Magician is not precisely a good card, if it's about having more lvl 4 Pendulums, you have WAY better options out there. I could say the same about Oversight, but he can be of use.

b) Destruction/Xiangke Magician is good, but 3 is overkill, The deck's consistent enough, looking for him, or getting him back shouldn't be a problem, Also, you don't need that many lvl 7s, 1 Destruction/Xiangke should be enough.

c) Sky Arc can destroy anything you have Face-Up to fetch an Odd-Eyes, this is a pendulum deck, the uses for this card are MANY, and also covers your Pendulum Scales as long as they have "Magician", "Performapal" or "Odd-Eyes" in their name. Can be used with Terraforming and Chicken Game to add some extra Speed to the deck, but I prefer not to. I run 2 Sky Arcs and a Terraforming and it works nicely. As an extra, it also searches Odd-Eyes Fusion.

d) You can run Dark Hole and Torrential Tribute on this deck with little to no repercussions, Arguably better than running 2 Mirror Forces.

e) It's not worth Running 3 Dragonvein Magicians (lvl 4 normal/pendulum), your best High-Scale might be Dragonpit Magician (lvl 7 Normal/Pendulum), but your best Low-Scale is hands down Peasant Dragon Magician (lvl 6 Effect/Pendulum), I personally run 3 Dragonpits, 3 Peasant Dragons, and 1 Dragonvein, and I only run Dragonvein because...

f) You can, and SHOULD run Ebon Illusion Magician (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ebon_Illusion_Magician), I don't think I need to explain why, you should be able to figure it out with just reading his effect.

Read my Deck.

AccelRainbowDashley
5th October 2015, 10:57 PM

I appreciate the words, but I'm not a novice with the deck. I've actually been playing various forms of OEM since the structure was revealed, my main version has proven quite capable of playing against any deck. Looking at this list it would appear otherwise, but XYZ is the least interesting to me and I didn't put in as much thought as I could have. I've been busy working on the Synchro version since posting this, in between all of the other work I do.

In all fairness, I did forget about Ebon, so I'll be sure to fit him in when I update this deck.

So I do appreciate you taking the time to help out who you thought was a novice, but I'm quite the opposite of one. Hopefully someone else reading this will see your points and learn from it.

And yea, the Ritual version is going to be a pain. I've never been good with Rituals in the first place.

Noir
5th October 2015, 11:53 PM
I appreciate the words, but I'm not a novice with the deck. I've actually been playing various forms of OEM since the structure was revealed, my main version has proven quite capable of playing against any deck. Looking at this list it would appear otherwise, but XYZ is the least interesting to me and I didn't put in as much thought as I could have. I've been busy working on the Synchro version since posting this, in between all of the other work I do.

In all fairness, I did forget about Ebon, so I'll be sure to fit him in when I update this deck.

So I do appreciate you taking the time to help out who you thought was a novice, but I'm quite the opposite of one. Hopefully someone else reading this will see your points and learn from it.

And yea, the Ritual version is going to be a pain. I've never been good with Rituals in the first place.

Besides Nekroz and Gishki, building a Ritual Deck was obnoxiously difficult for me too.