PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 141 Discussion: Déjà-vu and Nostalgia

KingJinzo
5th February 2017, 04:58 PM
The first pre-intro sequence is reused.

Yuya does what every average Japanese student does: coming late the (cram) school. Yuya is back to his early characterization and we see a lot of old stuff from the first episode. With Allen's rollerblades, he goes to You Show Duel School in Sakura Kinomoto style, but gets slapped by Syuzou's paper fan when he arrives there three minutes two late. Nobody has an idea where the paper fan or Allen's humongous boots come from, not every Yuya. It is clear to the viewers that this world seems to be a kind of "dream world".

Yuya duels Tatsuya, Futoshi and Ayu while the Action Field Plain Plain is activated, the field that was used during Yuya and Yuzu's duel in the second episode, which he embarringly lost back then. Yuya starts the duel by setting his -gazer Magician on the Pendulum Zones and he Pendulum Summons the three monster he first Pendulum Summoned in his life: Sword Fish, Whip Viper and Odd-Eyes Pendulum. Previously in the episode, we saw Ishijima on a large poster and he is still the champion in this "world", as we know that he resigned his title in the real world.

Tatsuya makes his turn and uses the Deskbots 007 and 008 as his Scales to Pendulum Summon 005 and 006. We get some exposition from Reiji, and it's apparently not a dream world. Standard is now known as the Pendulum Dimension, and we see Nakajima playing with a baby, which apparently is Layra. A part of this duel is skipped and Futoshi and Ayu have assembled their Doodle Beasts and Aquaactresses on the field. When Yuya wants to pull his "Ladies and gentlemen" thing, the Solid Vision is cancelled. Yuya is called by LDS to participate in the Junior Youth League, where Gongenzaka and Super Ultra Hyper Strong Duelist Neo New Sawatari also participate. Reiji explains them that they duel in a Battle Royal across Maiami City.

Nico Smiley is MC of the JYLand we see old faces like Hokuto, Masumi, Yaiba, Michio, Teppei and Mieru again. The four lone participates are Yuya, Gongenzaka, Sawatari and a secret participant. Sawatari has even his ridiculous long title minus "Neo New" on the screen. Like in the previous Battle Royal, Wonder Quartet is re-used again. Yuya feels a déjà-vu, and the fourth participant is none other than Tsukikage. The four Standard Lancers begin their Action Duel on the lava terrain.

Yuya begins his turn by summoning Discover Hippo and ends it by setting two cards (wow, he rarely does that, and I'm sure one of them is the Hippo Carneval card), and he begins riding his monster. Unlike everyone who watches the duel at the stadium, Syuzou follows the duel through TV, and he is still wondering where the paper fan comes from. He also tries to guess the fruit on the fan (the word you are looking is "yuzu=citrus"). I never noticed the citrus on the fan!

Sawatari Normal Summons Abyss Actor - Curtain Raiser and attacks Discover Hippo with him, using his Monster Effect to double his ATK during the Damage Calculation, but Yuya uses his hippo to find an Action Card and to Evade the attack. We haven't seen Yuya doing it since the beginning of the Synchro arc, at least when it comes to cooperating with his monsters. The "other" last time was when the Yuto-possessed Yuya did it with Dark Rebellion's help, but that one was more Yuto than Yuya. Sawatari sets a card and ends his turn.

Gongenzaka gets his turn, Normal Summons Kagebou-C and tributes it to Special Summon Big Ben-K in his hand, something which we have in episode 30 during his duel with Ankokuji. Big Ben-K attacks Discover Hippo, but Yuya activates the predicted Hippo Carneval to Special Summon three Hippo Tokens and to protect his Discover Hippo. Without setting anything for obvious reasons, the man ends his turn.

Tsukikage is the only one of the four to retain his memories, telling them that they have battled in a similar tournament before: Maiami Championship. His three opponents and the entire audience have a déjà-vu about that tournament (and Yoko only remembers that Michio was participating in the MCS). Sawatari remembered that his that amazing duel from episodes 31-32 and that he lost, Yuya remembered that he watched the duel between Sora Shiun'in and Hikage, the latter actual appearing right behind Tsukikage for two seconds. Sawatari and Gongenzaka remember how they thought alongside Kurosaki and Tsukikage against the Obelisk Force and they were grouped to fight Professor Leo Akaba's Academia. After hearing the name "Kurosaki", Yuya remembers how and why the Lancers were founded. We see that Tsukikage has an ear-plug, similar like Sawatari back then in episodes 3-4. Looks like that Tsukikage does actually remember everything or Reiji tells him what actually happend through the ear-plug.

The purpose of the duel seems about returning Layra's Egao, and only Yuya can do this. However, Reiji and Yusyo agree that Yuya has to break through a wall to do that. (Just Breakin' the Wall...Just Breakin' the Wall...Ride on Now! BelieveXBelieve! Everybody goin' kabe wo tsukiyabure! You're gonna beat it! Beat! Mugen dai no Future! Mayoi wo buttobase! Make it! Make it! Jibun wo Step ahead fumidase yo! O-tanoshi kore kara da! Sou, daremo ga Believer! BelieveXBelieve! Biribiribiri Buddies!) Making karaoke subs for that song helped me remembering the lyrics.

Tsukikage gets finally his turn and he sets two Twilight Ninjas Jogen (Scale 1) and Kagen (Scale 10) on his Pendulum Zones and he Pendulum Summons Shingetsu/Vector and Getsuga (Tensho). He activates the Continuous Spell Card Illusion Ninjitsu Art of Hazy Shuriken and declares to attack a Hippo Token with Vector. Yuya tries to get an Action Card with his hippo, but he has no chance against the Ninja duelist, who sends the Action Card to his Graveyard to activate Hazy Shuriken's effect and inflict 300 damage on Yuya. The Token is destroyed by Vector and he inflicts Piercing Damage through Jogen's Pendulum Effect.

Reiji tells Tsukikage not to go easy on him and even Yusyo agrees that if Yuya fails, he has still a learn a lot as a duelist. The young Akaba tells his mother Himika that in the worst scenario, she should give up of Layra's egao ever returning. (When did she become that caring anyway?)

During the Battle Phase, Tsukikage uses Kagen's Pendulum Effect to copy Jogen's and bypass the OPT-restriction. Getsuga is not only able to inflict Piercing Damage, he also gets a 500 ATK boost from Kagen's second Pendulum Effect, which would finish Yuya off. Wow, once Tsukikage gets Pendulum Cards, his deck is on a whole different level now. He is about to defeat Yuya all by himself, while Sawatari and Gongenzaka did almost nothing on our protagonist.

The glorious return of our favorite ninja!

Preview:

-Yuya remembers D-Wheels, his duel with Jack, his duel with Edo and the bottom half of Smile World.
-He remembers the three other dimensions, that he fought Academia and that he was looking for someone.
-Syuzou discovers Yuzu's room which is still unknown to him.
-Yuya's soul struggles.

Dark-Shimy
5th February 2017, 05:20 PM
The first pre-intro sequence is reused.

Yuya does what every average Japanese student does: coming late the (cram) school. Yuya is back to his early characterization and we see a lot of old stuff from the first episode. With Allen's rollerblades, he goes to You Show Duel School in Sakura Kinomoto style, but gets slapped by Syuzou's paper fan when he arrives there three minutes two late. Nobody has an idea where the paper fan or Allen's humongous boots come from, not every Yuya. It is clear to the viewers that this world seems to be a kind of "dream world".

Yuya duels Tatsuya, Futoshi and Ayu while the Action Field Plain Plain is activated, the field that was used during Yuya and Yuzu's duel in the second episode, which he embarringly lost back then. Yuya starts the duel by setting his -gazer Magician on the Pendulum Zones and he Pendulum Summons the three monster he first Pendulum Summoned in his life: Sword Fish, Whip Viper and Odd-Eyes Pendulum. Previously in the episode, we saw Ishijima on a large poster and he is still the champion in this "world", as we know that he resigned his title in the real world.

Tatsuya makes his turn and uses the Deskbots 007 and 008 as his Scales to Pendulum Summon 005 and 006. We get some exposition from Reiji, and it's apparently not a dream world. Standard is now known as the Pendulum Dimension, and we see Nakajima playing with a baby, which apparently is Layra. A part of this duel is skipped and Futoshi and Ayu have assembled their Doodle Beasts and Aquaactresses on the field. When Yuya wants to pull his "Ladies and gentlemen" thing, the Solid Vision is cancelled. Yuya is called by LDS to participate in the Junior Youth League, where Gongenzaka and Super Ultra Hyper Strong Duelist Neo New Sawatari also participate. Reiji explains them that they duel in a Battle Royal across Maiami City.

Nico Smiley is MC of the JYLand we see old faces like Hokuto, Masumi, Yaiba, Michio, Teppei and Mieru again. The four lone participates are Yuya, Gongenzaka, Sawatari and a secret participant. Sawatari has even his ridiculous long title minus "Neo New" on the screen. Like in the previous Battle Royal, Wonder Quartet is re-used again. Yuya feels a déjà-vu, and the fourth participant is none other than Tsukikage. The four Standard Lancers begin their Action Duel on the lava terrain.

Yuya begins his turn by summoning Discover Hippo and ends it by setting two cards (wow, he rarely does that, and I'm sure one of them is the Hippo Carneval card), and he begins riding his monster. Unlike everyone who watches the duel at the stadium, Syuzou follows the duel through TV, and he is still wondering where the paper fan comes from. He also tries to guess the fruit on the fan (the word you are looking is "yuzu=citrus"). I never noticed the citrus on the fan!

Sawatari Normal Summons Abyss Actor - Curtain Raiser and attacks Discover Hippo with him, using his Monster Effect to double his ATK during the Damage Calculation, but Yuya uses his hippo to find an Action Card and to Evade the attack. We haven't seen Yuya doing it since the beginning of the Synchro arc, at least when it comes to cooperating with his monsters. The "other" last time was when the Yuto-possessed Yuya did it with Dark Rebellion's help, but that one was more Yuto than Yuya. Sawatari sets a card and ends his turn.

Gongenzaka gets his turn, Normal Summons Kagebou-C and tributes it to Special Summon Big Ben-K in his hand, something which we have in episode 30 during his duel with Ankokuji. Big Ben-K attacks Discover Hippo, but Yuya activates the predicted Hippo Carneval to Special Summon three Hippo Tokens and to protect his Discover Hippo. Without setting anything for obvious reasons, the man ends his turn.

Tsukikage is the only one of the four to retain his memories, telling them that they have battled in a similar tournament before: Maiami Championship. His three opponents and the entire audience have a déjà-vu about that tournament (and Yoko only remembers that Michio was participating in the MCS). Sawatari remembered that his that amazing duel from episodes 31-32 and that he lost, Yuya remembered that he watched the duel between Sora Shiun'in and Hikage, the latter actual appearing right behind Tsukikage for two seconds. Sawatari and Gongenzaka remember how they thought alongside Kurosaki and Tsukikage against the Obelisk Force and they were grouped to fight Professor Leo Akaba's Academia. After hearing the name "Kurosaki", Yuya remembers how and why the Lancers were founded. We see that Tsukikage has an ear-plug, similar like Sawatari back then in episodes 3-4. Looks like that Tsukikage does actually remember everything or Reiji tells him what actually happend through the ear-plug.

The purpose of the duel seems about returning Layra's Egao, and only Yuya can do this. However, Reiji and Yusyo agree that Yuya has to break through a wall to do that. (Just Breakin' the Wall...Just Breakin' the Wall...Ride on Now! BelieveXBelieve! Everybody goin' kabe wo tsukiyabure! You're gonna beat it! Beat! Mugen dai no Future! Mayoi wo buttobase! Make it! Make it! Jibun wo Step ahead fumidase yo! O-tanoshi kore kara da! Sou, daremo ga Believer! BelieveXBelieve! Biribiribiri Buddies!) Making karaoke subs for that song helped me remembering the lyrics.

Tsukikage gets finally his turn and he sets two Twilight Ninjas Jogen (Scale 1) and Kagen (Scale 10) on his Pendulum Zones and he Pendulum Summons Shingetsu/Vector and Getsuga (Tensho). He activates the Continuous Spell Card Illusion Ninjitsu Art of Hazy Shuriken and declares to attack a Hippo Token with Vector. Yuya tries to get an Action Card with his hippo, but he has no chance against the Ninja duelist, who sends the Action Card to his Graveyard to activate Hazy Shuriken's effect and inflict 300 damage on Yuya. The Token is destroyed by Vector and he inflicts Piercing Damage through Jogen's Pendulum Effect.

Reiji tells Tsukikage not to go easy on him and even Yusyo agrees that if Yuya fails, he has still a learn a lot as a duelist. The young Akaba tells his mother Himika that in the worst scenario, she should give up of Layra's egao ever returning. (When did she become that caring anyway?)

During the Battle Phase, Tsukikage uses Kagen's Pendulum Effect to copy Jogen's and bypass the OPT-restriction. Getsuga is not only able to inflict Piercing Damage, he also gets a 500 ATK boost from Kagen's second Pendulum Effect, which would finish Yuya off. Wow, once Tsukikage gets Pendulum Cards, his deck is on a whole different level now. He is about to defeat Yuya all by himself, while Sawatari and Gongenzaka did almost nothing on our protagonist.

The glorious return of our favorite ninja!

Preview:

-Yuya remembers D-Wheels, his duel with Jack, his duel with Edo and the bottom half of Smile World.
-He remembers the three other dimensions, that he fought Academia and that he was looking for someone.
-Syuzou discovers Yuzu's room which is still unknown to him.
-Yuya's soul struggles.

OK, now I don't know how this will end. But if Yuya remembers Yuzu he will look for her again.

ScionStorm
5th February 2017, 06:12 PM
Pretty sure I just watched this "forgot my own child/best friend" plot in Teen Wolf this season.

I am kind of pissed they dropped the Performachines for Deskbots. I really wanted to see Performachines.

Dread Kaiser
5th February 2017, 08:55 PM
I like seeing Deskbots, they kinda fit.

he should have had them from the start though, makes it feel like an excuse to not show Entermachines

or we can blame Dimensional Shenanigians

KingJinzo
5th February 2017, 09:47 PM
Deskbot fit his personality, but since they are pure Pendulums, he couldn't have get them prior to the MCS arc.

ScionStorm
5th February 2017, 09:56 PM
I just really wanted to see all the machines that run a circus/carnival incarnated into performas. We got 2 decks that run on Spellcaster performas and Yuya's deck which runs Performas of every type but machines.

King
5th February 2017, 10:17 PM
I can already hear Yuya Screaming Loud next episode. I hope to explanations for this fucked-up time-line post Zarc

NassX
5th February 2017, 11:17 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/205828177589829632/277940573443325952/Sem_Titulo.png

Best thing in the episode. I really hope for the next episode, this last build up for a hopefully last duel better be nice. And the animation better be on top next episodes

LolsterXD97
6th February 2017, 01:02 AM
Really missed Standard's tone, glad we got it back finally. But so much recyled animation is ehh.

Tsukikage finally got the Pendulums (and Duel) he deserved, best part of the episode.

Dread Kaiser
6th February 2017, 02:20 AM
Really missed Standard's tone, glad we got it back finally. But so much recyled animation is ehh.

Tsukikage finally got the Pendulums (and Duel) he deserved, best part of the episode.

Now will Yuzu......

Comun
6th February 2017, 01:36 PM
Man, going back to the Standard ambience after everything that happened feels just so wrong and disconnect. But then again, it seems like that was the audience reaction they were going for and they did an amazing job with that.

Archsorcerer
8th February 2017, 01:59 AM
Teaser for the upcoming episodes: https://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/comments/5sl0dl/arcv_spoilers_143145/

Dennis is coming back.

KingKaash
10th February 2017, 10:22 PM
Wait so is Hikage back alive or was that just a memory/illusion type of thing? I hope he's back.

Ahh we are back to the rather relaxed tones of Standard. Or should I call it the Pendulum Dimension now. I mentioned before that I skipped the first 30 or so episodes of the show because I can't stand the introductions and slow pace of the beginning of series. But I went back and watched the important episodes. This episode reminds me a lot of those times. But not seeing Yuzu anywhere in Standard just feels weird (even though of course that's the point). Happy for Tsukikage though! The Ninja got a big boost from his boss Reiji I'm assuming.

Also what happened to Reira/Layra? Was she reborn? Did she end up absorbing the the evil of Zarc? Does anyone know or are we still waiting for answers on that?

Lastly the loss of memory thing has got my interest as this show ends. Let's see where they take it. Right now the two best candidates to have the Final Duel are Yuzu and Yusho.

Sanokal
10th February 2017, 10:48 PM
Sun is alive. Same as Reed, Dipper and Trout.

J. D. Guy
11th February 2017, 05:09 AM
Sun is alive. Same as Reed, Dipper and Trout.

Yep. He just appeared and disappeared 'cause he's a Ninja.