PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V 142-145 Summary (Spoilers for obvious reasons)

KingJinzo
8th February 2017, 07:02 PM
Episode 142: あふれる記憶 – Afureru Kioku (Overflowing Memories), February 12, 2017
Yuya, Gongenzaka, Sawatari and Tsukikage engage in a Battle Royal. During the fierce battle, Yuya gradually regains his lost memories. Something abnormal happens to Yuya during the Duel!

Episode 143: 覇王の魂 – Haō no Tamashii (Soul of the Supreme King) February 19, 2017
In order to bring back Reira’s smile, who willingly became a sacrifice in order to help Yuya, and save Yuzu, who has disappeared, Yuya resolves to fight against Gongenzaka, who still remains on the Field.
Script: 上代 務 || Kamishiro Tsutomu
Direction: 布施康之 || Fuse Yasuyuki
Storyboard: 布施康之 || Fuse Yasuyuki
Animation Director(s): Lee Sung-jin, Kim Hye-jeong

Episode 144: 呪われし機械仮面(ギアマスク) – Norowareshi Gear Mask (The Cursed Gear Mask), February 26, 2017
When Yuya arrives in the Xyz Dimension, he did not find Kurosaki, but rather, Dennis. In order to ease the sorrow the Fusion Dimension has inflicted upon the Xyz Dimension's people, Dennis and Yuya start an Entertainment Duel to bring back their smiles, but...
Script: 田村 竜 || Tamura Ryou
Direction: 髙田昌宏 || Takada Masahiro
Storyboard: 髙田昌宏 || Takada Masahiro
Animation Director(s): Yokota Akemi

Episode 145: 終わりなき反逆 – Owarinaki Hangyaku (Unending Rebellion), March 5, 2017
When Yuya arrives in the Fusion Dimension, he witnesses Kurosaki attacking the Professor. Still grieving over the loss of his sister and best friend, Kurosaki now turns his fangs against Yuya, who used to be Zarc.
Script: 前川 淳 || Maekawa Atsushi
Direction : 山本隆太 || Yamamoto Ryuta
Storyboard: ノーチェー・ヤギ || Noche Yagi
Animation Director(s): Noh Gil-bo (Hurray, wonderful animation)

Destiny91
8th February 2017, 07:37 PM
I don't really like this "Start all over again from the beginning"-like plot for the series finale.

Yuya vs Dennis seems fine. I'm not a Dennis fan, but I want so watch that duel.
Kurosaki against Yuya, after trying to save him during the battle against Zarc....it seems really weird, even if he's angry for losing Ruri.

Well, lets hope all of these events have some logic.

NassX
8th February 2017, 07:50 PM
this is so confusing, where are they going with this. Also, will yuya use good cards again or will he start using those early anime weak ass non-pendulum performapals

King
8th February 2017, 08:54 PM
God i miss Pen... i mean Dennis

Volteccer
8th February 2017, 09:04 PM
Man, Arc-V is kind of ending with a whimper.

KingJinzo
8th February 2017, 10:41 PM
Honestly, Yuya vs Kurosaki was something I was waiting long time ago back when the MCS was a thing.

ScionStorm
8th February 2017, 10:53 PM
Yuzu is still missing? Yuzu vs. Yuya final duel? Please.

Give me more Chojiro and Asuka! And wait, why are we in the Fusion dimension with no mention of Sora?

LolsterXD97
9th February 2017, 02:59 AM
144 and 145 are random as fuck (also Duels we should have gotten before). Xyz was shown to be fine at the end of their "Arc" (and in good terms with at least the Academia students in Heartland) and Shun suddenly is "Zarc, you ruined my life!" when he was fine with rescuing Yuya and Yuto from him a few episodes ago (and Ruri dissapearing was Leo's fault). But at least Dennis is back.

Now better Ruri and Yuri appear soon or latter or I riot.

Dread Kaiser
9th February 2017, 03:19 AM
144 and 145 are random as fuck (also Duels we should have gotten before). Xyz was shown to be fine at the end of their "Arc" (and in good terms with at least the Academia students in Heartland) and Shun suddenly is "Zarc, you ruined my life!" when he was fine with rescuing Yuya and Yuto from him a few episodes ago (and Ruri dissapearing was Leo's fault). But at least Dennis is back.

Now better Ruri and Yuri appear soon or latter or I riot.

To be fair, it was losing his friends that set off Kurosaki at the beginning of the story, and now Yuto is gone (and seemingly more permanently this time) so him being pissed and irrationally attacking him for being tangently involved is......basically what he has been doing the whole story

ScionStorm
9th February 2017, 04:05 AM
He trusted Yuya and he lost both his best friend and his sister. Why does Yuya get to survive? This is bullshit! This isn't fair! (How Shun feels)

yshipster
9th February 2017, 11:31 AM
I don't get why people are complaininng so much about the ending. Yes, it is definitely anticlimatic, but it is definitely something new. The only question is: Why does the Akaba family + Yusho remember what happened? Is it because they are from the original dimension?

King
9th February 2017, 12:04 PM
I hope the writers find a way to explain whats going on in just 8 episodes

Sanokal
9th February 2017, 03:14 PM
I don't get why people are complaininng so much about the ending. Yes, it is definitely anticlimatic, but it is definitely something new. The only question is: Why does the Akaba family + Yusho remember what happened? Is it because they are from the original dimension?

Jesus, am I the only one who remembers that the Akabas have memory tech lying around?

Dark-Shimy
9th February 2017, 03:24 PM
I wonder what will be the Ceremonial Duel for ARC-V... but that final Duel probably will be relevant to the end of the story, just like in ZEXAL, where Yuma had to defeat Astral to bring back his friends from death.

Archsorcerer
9th February 2017, 04:08 PM
Hope he duels Ray/Rei.

She uses a Burn deck, right? Performapal Kurivolleyball to the rescue!

Dread Kaiser
9th February 2017, 04:29 PM
Jesus, am I the only one who remembers that the Akabas have memory tech lying around?

And in the professor's case, installed in his head

The mokey
9th February 2017, 06:41 PM
Initially iexpected Yuya vs Yusho as final duel at the start of the series but now...

KingJinzo
9th February 2017, 08:54 PM
Since Yuto is apparently gone, it looks like that Yuya/Zarc isn't divided into four people again and that they are still merged within Yuya. We might not to see the Synchro Dimension again, since Yugo and Rin are gone and nobody important has connections with them and the whole issue with City has been resolved. If Yugo, Yuto and Yuri are really in Yuya's body, please give us Supreme King White Dragon (Haouhakuryuu) and Supreme King Violet Dragon (Haoushiryuu).

Destiny91
9th February 2017, 11:16 PM
It would be nice to have Yuya vs Zarc as the ceremonial duel.
But with Zarc having his original form (and the souls of the other 3 Yu boys inside him).

J. D. Guy
10th February 2017, 12:26 AM
I also feel that calling the Duels random doesn't make sense if you take a moment to process things. The Duel with Shay especially makes loads of sense, but Dennis' Duel makes sense, too.

Yuya is going on quick Dimension hoping journeys to find Zuzu. He goes to Xyz and finds Dennis there instead, trying to help make amends for being the mole that, from that Dimension's perspective, started everything that went wrong with their world. As opposed to just ditching Dennis, he decides to help him in his endeavor by Dueling with him to lift the crowds spirits. Allen and Sayaka, and possibly Gloria and Grace, will be part of the episode's Duel's audience (Kite, too, possibly, but I'm not as sure), not counting miscellaneous Heartlanders.

He later gets insight that Shay is at Duel Academy, or maybe decides to move to the Fusion Dimension as his next stop, and happens onto Shay tearing into Leo for all of the things his actions has done to wrong him and his friends and family, which is what he originally intended on doing when he first came to Standard in the first place. Yuya, still being Yuya, tries to appeal to Shay's better nature, but since Shay has lapsed due to not getting a piece of the happy ending, so to speak, what with his sister and bestie both still being gone and his home still very much (I'm assuming) in ruins, he then focuses his attention and anger onto Yuya, blaming him since he combined to form Zarc. Yuya Duels Shay in the hopes of calming him down.

Afterwards, Leo will likely lead Yuya to his next step, which is likely the machine he was trying to resurrect his daughter in.

To that end, I wouldn't be surprised to see Yuya VS Ray and/or Zuzu being the "Ceremonial Duel", only with more progressive set-up that ties close a couple of other characters and their subplots in the meantime.

KingKaash
10th February 2017, 07:16 AM
It's nice to get some duels we all wanted to see happen earlier in the show at least happen now. Yuya vs Shun should be good if Shun duels with anger like its suggests.

Just sucks though that Yuya is the only one that survives from Yu boys and Yuzu girls. We want the return of all or nothing!

All endings except 5Ds has someone leaving to end the series. Atem leaves Yugi, Jaden leaves everyone himself, 5Ds no one leaves as far as I remember, and Zexal has Astral leave. So maybe losing Yuto, Yugo and Yuri as well as the 4 Bracelet Girls is the departure we get from Arc-V. But I have a good feeling they'll come back

Indytotof
10th February 2017, 07:25 AM

Because people love bitching too much. Also, sado-masochism that let people despising Arc-V to still watch it when they could just forgot this show ever existed and move on with their life.

Volteccer
10th February 2017, 01:29 PM
All endings except 5Ds has someone leaving to end the series. Atem leaves Yugi, Jaden leaves everyone himself, 5Ds no one leaves as far as I remember, and Zexal has Astral leave. So maybe losing Yuto, Yugo and Yuri as well as the 4 Bracelet Girls is the departure we get from Arc-V. But I have a good feeling they'll come back

At the end of 5D's everyone leaves; the whole team parts ways with each other.

J. D. Guy
16th February 2017, 08:48 AM
http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/49495400.html

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/f/6/f6e9f6b1.jpg

Maybe we're finally getting a Rank 12 Raid Raptor. If so, any ideas on what it could do?

Indytotof
16th February 2017, 10:40 AM

Maybe we're finally getting a Rank 12 Raid Raptor. If so, any ideas on what it could do?

Being Neo New Hyper Ultra Super Strong Apoqliphort Towers or a negate-everything-because-xyz-fetish ?

EmperorShun
16th February 2017, 11:25 AM

Raid Raptors - Final Fantasy 12 Falcon

Maybe negate 1 Effect and special summon 1 RR Monster from your Extra Deck. Kinda like Dark Requiem. I am hyped anyways, I really want this right now!

Charly Ruri Raptors
16th February 2017, 11:33 AM
Is that scan from V-Jump?

Rygoken
16th February 2017, 11:45 AM
Still upset that even toward the end we don't the get the draw card or a search a rum card. Just a rank 13 that's gonna lose cause of plot.

LolsterXD97
16th February 2017, 11:47 AM
Is that scan from V-Jump?

Weekly Jump.

Charly Ruri Raptors
16th February 2017, 11:52 AM
Even still, Rank12 Falcon HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I hope it's 5000/5000 (4500/3800 would also suffice).

LolsterXD97
16th February 2017, 11:57 AM
It better be worth it for making me go for it via Last Strix instead of Ultimate Falcon or Seven Sins.

Gamer5555
16th February 2017, 01:06 PM
Ok,I said dozen times at my DC that a R12 Raid Raptor is not possible since the R10 is the "Ultimate" and have a "boss-monster" effect.
Now I don't know what to think...
Rank 12 : Edgy Raptor: Trultimate Asburd Falcon!
Next step Rank 15?

I wonder how they will make an effect better than Ultimate without using an absurd OP effect.
I forgive them if they succeed here.

King
16th February 2017, 01:09 PM
I think i can see the Future, i had vision about Raid Raptors yesterday,

EmperorShun
16th February 2017, 02:15 PM
I think i can see the Future, i had vision about Raid Raptors yesterday,

Tell us more, oh mighty prophet. What did the Raptor Gods say?

NassX
16th February 2017, 07:46 PM
RR - final falcon, the name will be that simple, we all know it will be broken af. Now the question is: how will yuya defeat it? bloody plot cards and more dragons? probably
too bad we have to wait 3 weeks for it :/

Volteccer
16th February 2017, 07:50 PM
The rank 12 will be Raidraptor - Beyond Falcon. Justified being bigger than ultimate, and a reference to the final form of Utopia to boot!

King
16th February 2017, 09:28 PM
Tell us more, oh mighty prophet. What did the Raptor Gods say?

RR won't get any proper RUM searcher, and Shun will play Vanishing Lanius next episode.

Archsorcerer
16th February 2017, 11:57 PM
Ruriraptor Mothership. Summons RR XYZs from the ED like Utopia Kaiser.

Sanokal
17th February 2017, 12:32 AM
No theories for a Rebellion Falcon then?

J. D. Guy
18th February 2017, 06:52 PM
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/5/0/502ea81e.jpg
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/9/f/9f0cf0c2.jpg
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/1/1/11c0af79.jpg

Hmm, it seems that V-Jump makes mention of Yuya's upcoming Duels.

There's against Dennis, who's using Ancient Gears and Performages, including Trapeze Magician and Force Witch again, somehow. There's Shay and his usual Vanishing Lanius shenanigans, plus the Rank 12.

Then there's Declan. According to next week's cast list, he seems to be following Yuya. The V-Jump article makes mention of the opponents Yuya will be facing, and it seems he'll Duel Declan last, as Declan and his original Elemental Kings are gonna be used.

I do wonder if that means Declan and Yuya will be the final Duel. While I do wish Zuzu would have another Duel against Yuya, well, we'll have to see now.

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to these upcoming episodes, even if I'm by my lonesome in that department. (Every week it seems more and more that I am.)

No theories for a Rebellion Falcon then?

It could be. I'm thinking it'll have some form of Victory Condition or something.

Sanokal
18th February 2017, 07:00 PM
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/5/0/502ea81e.jpg
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/9/f/9f0cf0c2.jpg
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/1/1/11c0af79.jpg

Hmm, it seems that V-Jump makes mention of Yuya's upcoming Duels.

There's against Dennis, who's using Ancient Gears and Performages, including Trapeze Magician and Force Witch again, somehow. There's Shay and his usual Vanishing Lanius shenanigans, plus the Rank 12.

Then there's Declan. According to next week's cast list, he seems to be following Yuya. The V-Jump article makes mention of the opponents Yuya will be facing, and it seems he'll Duel Declan last, as Declan and his original Elemental Kings are gonna be used.

I do wonder if that means Declan and Yuya will be the final Duel. While I do wish Zuzu would have another Duel against Yuya, well, we'll have to see now.

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to these upcoming episodes, even if I'm by my lonesome in that department. (Every week it seems more and more that I am.)

It could be. I'm thinking it'll have some form of Victory Condition or something.

You certainly aren't alone in that department.

yshipster
19th February 2017, 12:10 AM
Now I wonder how that Rank 12 will be playable irl, since you can't use RUM - Skip Force on Ultimate Falcon...

Yuya vs Declan as the final duel isn't surprising, since he is the rival after all.

Kinda interesting that this dimension split not only created the Pendulum Dimension instead of the Standard Dimension, but also Shun attacked Academia directly instead of trying to capture Reiji this time. Not that it matters...

King
19th February 2017, 12:41 AM
Now I wonder how that Rank 12 will be playable irl, since you can't use RUM - Skip Force on Ultimate Falcon...

Yuya vs Declan as the final duel isn't surprising, since he is the rival after all.

Kinda interesting that this dimension split not only created the Pendulum Dimension instead of the Standard Dimension, but also Shun attacked Academia directly instead of trying to capture Reiji this time. Not that it matters...

Finally Yuya and Reiji will have some rivalry.

yshipster
19th February 2017, 12:46 AM

*again. Season 1 did pretty well with that.

Sanokal
19th February 2017, 02:15 AM
*again. Season 1 did pretty well with that.

Heck, the third arc did well with it.

SadVictoires2
19th February 2017, 04:09 AM

Ultimate Falcon summoned via Last Strix or Catle Call can be Ranked-Up, Soul Shave Force can also Rank-Up Ultimate from grave, so the rank 12 will be playable irl but I wonder what kind of effect it's gonna have since the only way that I see myself going for the rank 12 instead of ultimate is if Konami give him some kind of kaiju protection like "this card cannot be tributed" or "your opponent can't special summon monster" but maybe I am asking for too much .

J. D. Guy
19th February 2017, 04:42 AM
Just a little speculation/hope before the episode airs in a few hours time.

With Shay getting a Rank 12, and even without Dennis seemingly getting another Extra Deck Boss (he seems to be using most of what he did against Kite), I hope Gong gets a Level 12 Synchro to climax his face-off with Yuya next episode.

Well, I would say that the final Duel was down to either him, Zuzu, or Yusho.

Declan is fine, but the only thing is that it going to Zuzu would have been nice as a callback to their first Duel in episode 2. That, and because she hasn't Dueled in over a years time, and without it, won't have Dueled at all in Arc-V's final year. That said, she could still make a miraculous comeback and join the Duel against Declan for the sake of it, where she'd get at least one turn. It'd make for a sweet positive plot twist in the Duel, even if the likeliness of it happening at this point in time does lean on wishful thinking (though not so much that it'd be impossible).

Ah, well. We'll see, and in the end, what will be, will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Declan and Yuya's "rivalry" isn't the standard (neither was Yuma's with Shark or Kite) and so I'm fine that is wasn't beholden to the standard beats of Yugi and Kaiba or Yusei and Jack, or Jaden with his revolving door (which itself wasn't the standard as set by the previous series, which was fine, since there wasn't a need to rehash like that, just homage while doing its own thing, which it did).

Charly Ruri Raptors
19th February 2017, 07:23 AM
Revolving door?

J. D. Guy
19th February 2017, 08:25 AM
Revolving door?

Just my way of describing how Jaden had Chazz and, at varying points of relevancy throughout the show, Zane and Aster. Even Jesse, too, to a certain degree, could count.

darkgod789
19th February 2017, 10:57 AM
We have a rank 12 SS. Shame its kinda meh/bad. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Superheavy_Samurai_Steam_Fiend_Tetsudo%27o 4800 defence is fine. However its effect is iffy. Heck its a bloody train and is a copy of this thing http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Ambush_Demon_Stealth_Fiend,_Ushimitsu_Train

EmperorShun
19th February 2017, 11:20 AM
Just a little speculation/hope before the episode airs in a few hours time.

With Shay getting a Rank 12, and even without Dennis seemingly getting another Extra Deck Boss (he seems to be using most of what he did against Kite), I hope Gong gets a Level 12 Synchro to climax his face-off with Yuya next episode.

We have a rank 12 SS. Shame its kinda meh/bad. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Superheavy_Samurai_Steam_Fiend_Tetsudo%27o 4800 defence is fine. However its effect is iffy. Heck its a bloody train and is a copy of this thing http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Ambush_Demon_Stealth_Fiend,_Ushimitsu_Train

Someone called it. Of course it is meh, its an anime card: either they are broken or meh.
The card itself and all the others were fine, I just didnt like the duel. It was like 7 rounds the same over and over and over again. A big letdown. I am hyped for the next episode thought. Have yopu guys seen the animation of the Entermages? They are spot on and act evil, for once.

P.S: Thought Gongenzakas Train shows my concept of Speedtrains (custom archtype) and that they work with action duels.

Charly Ruri Raptors
19th February 2017, 03:03 PM
I wonder what Dennis and Reiji are getting as final bosses.

yshipster
19th February 2017, 03:11 PM
Someone called it. Of course it is meh, its an anime card: either they are broken or meh.
The card itself and all the others were fine, I just didnt like the duel. It was like 7 rounds the same over and over and over again. A big letdown. I am hyped for the next episode thought. Have yopu guys seen the animation of the Entermages? They are spot on and act evil, for once.

P.S: Thought Gongenzakas Train shows my concept of Speedtrains (custom archtype) and that they work with action duels.

THE HYPE TRAIN NEVER STOPS!

The dissapointment train doesn't either tho...

Anyways, I bet they change SHS Trains effect to "banish any number of Spell/Traps cards from either players graveyard", since noone runs Spells in SHSs. Kinda funny though how they forced Action Cards on The Man. 4800 DEF is fine anyways.

Also it feels like the last 10 episodes of Arc V are pure fan service for those who wanted to see more of their favorite decks (and SHS seem to be liked a lot, given all the promos they got). However, if the Rank 12 RR will be as good as SHS Train, it'll be trash.

King
19th February 2017, 03:23 PM
I wonder what Dennis and Reiji are getting as final bosses.

Dennis will play Pe Pe that is his final boss, his entire extra deck

J. D. Guy
25th February 2017, 11:09 PM
So apparently, just as Aster will be in tonight's episode, according to next episode's voice cast list, Alexis and Jack will be in the next.

Nice that we at least get back in touch with Alexis one more time, but I wonder what Jack is supposed be doing there at Duel Academy?

Strange, but no Kite. Crow either, but I wouldn't have expected him or Jack in the first place anyway since we aren't stopping in Synchro.

yshipster
26th February 2017, 01:52 PM
So apparently, just as Aster will be in tonight's episode, according to next episode's voice cast list, Alexis and Jack will be in the next.

Nice that we at least get back in touch with Alexis one more time, but I wonder what Jack is supposed be doing there at Duel Academy?

Strange, but no Kite. Crow either, but I wouldn't have expected him or Jack in the first place anyway since we aren't stopping in Synchro.

Plottwist: Kite was there, but just didn't say a word. I guess we can expect that for Crow as well...

J. D. Guy
27th February 2017, 03:31 AM
Plottwist: Kite was there, but just didn't say a word. I guess we can expect that for Crow as well...

True, it's possible.

LolsterXD97
28th February 2017, 10:53 PM
Episode 146 is Yuya vs JACK ATLAS:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/49573222.html

EmperorShun
2nd March 2017, 08:35 AM
Episode 146 is Yuya vs JACK ATLAS:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/49573222.html

We going synchro boys. The Ex-King could give us a Majestic Scarright :D
Still more hyped for Rank 12 RaidRaptor Deathstar.