PDA

View Full Version : Dimensional Barrier Monster Negation

iCards
12th February 2017, 06:10 AM
If you activate Dimensional Barrier and call "Pendulum" to prevent your opponent from pendulum summoning, but they normal summon a pendulum monster after activation, say Skullcrobat Joker or a Majespecter, would that monster still have its effects negated since Dimensional Barrier was activated earlier in the turn? This came up in a duel for me against Majespecters; I thought pendulum monsters had effects negated if they were in the monster zone, before and after you activate the trap, but the other player didn't.

Dread Kaiser
12th February 2017, 06:46 AM
If you activate Dimensional Barrier and call "Pendulum" to prevent your opponent from pendulum summoning, but they normal summon a pendulum monster after activation, say Skullcrobat Joker or a Majespecter, would that monster still have its effects negated since Dimensional Barrier was activated earlier in the turn? This came up in a duel for me against Majespecters; I thought pendulum monsters had effects negated if they were in the monster zone, before and after you activate the trap, but the other player didn't.

it's effects WILL still be negated, so they are free to normal/tribute whatever pendulum they want, it won't get it's effect. this applies to the entire field for the remainder of the turn. it doesn't matter if they were there when Barrier was activated or if they were summoned later