PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on next deck

SynjoDeonecros
30th September 2015, 07:36 PM
I'm stuck on a few decks I want to make. I don't have a whole lot of cash or cards to spread around, so I need to make sure I have enough cards for one or two decks. Please help me decide which deck(s) to make. Thanks. Here are the ideas:

1. A Battle Searcher-based deck using cards like Hyena, Nimble Momonga, and Assault Dog under the damage protection of Chicken Game to search out copies of them for Rank 2-5 shenanigans (the Rank 5 come from the Interplanetarypurplythorny cards I'm using in the deck, as well).
2. Pure Moja Beatdown. Nothing much more to say about this, just pure Moja/King of the Beast beatdown.
3. Rank 3 Photon Beast deck. Using the level 3 Photon monsters (Lizard, Cerberus, Sabre Tiger, etc.) to do beatdown and Rank 3 tactics.
4. Barbaros Beatdown. I heard about this when I wanted to do a Barbaros Ur/Qliphort deck, where you use normal Barbaros/Bearman with Fire Formation - Tenken for shenanigans.
5. Senet Switch deck. I love this archetype, even though people think it's the worst of the series, but I dunno how to make it good, anymore.
6. Dark Chain Beat. I played normal chain beat a while back, and it was okay, but I wanted to make a different version, all-Dark and stuff. Here's the deck as remade by someone on TCGPlayer, but it needs updating, and I'd appreciate it if someone who likes it helps me out with it:

Dark Chain Beat Ver 2.0 Jason Grabher-Meyer

Main Deck
2 Effect Veiler
3 Evilswarm Thunderbird
2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
2 Maxx "C"
3 Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo
3 Strike Ninja
2 Summoner Monk
2 Tour Guide From the Underworld
Monsters [19]
1 Allure of Darkness
3 Black Garden
1 Burial from a Different Dimension
2 Forbidden Chalice
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Reinforcement of the Army
Spells [10]
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
3 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Ninjitsu Art of Duplication
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Solemn Warning
2 Torrential Tribute
Traps [11]
Deck Total [40]

EXTRA DECK
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Lavalval Chain
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
2 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Number 16: Shock Master
1 Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Number 50: Blackship of Corn
1 Photon Papilloperative
1 Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
Extra Deck [15]

SynjoDeonecros
1st October 2015, 07:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jIqUVF1.png

No one wants to help me? Hmm. Well, I've got this deck built IRL, right now, so should I go with it?

Yuuri
1st October 2015, 11:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jIqUVF1.png

No one wants to help me? Hmm. Well, I've got this deck built IRL, right now, so should I go with it?

For the deck, I honestly cannot think of any suggestions. It looks decent to me.

Though, when deck-building, sometimes it is a good idea to jump out of your comfort zone and make a deck different than what you normally make. For example, instead of making a beatdown deck, try a burn deck or something you do not normally use.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd October 2015, 02:08 AM
Eh, I'm not good at making stuff like burn. I've tried making a more meta deck with Qliphorts, and it just didn't work for me, so I'm okay with what I have. The closest "meta" deck I have that I actually like is my Yosenju deck, and that's more on the fringe of meta than full-on tier 2 and up.

Blue
2nd October 2015, 05:30 AM
What's that Senet switch deck look like? I've been saying they need to make a new archtype based around that mechanic cause it was one of the more unique mechanics konami has tried.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd October 2015, 01:32 PM
What's that Senet switch deck look like? I've been saying they need to make a new archtype based around that mechanic cause it was one of the more unique mechanics konami has tried.

I'm not sure, honestly. I've seen a few builds that didn't impress me that much. Let me try to find one that did on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR5vfBE_fnE

This is the only one I can find on Youtube. It's not much, and it needs serious updating, but hopefully this'll help you get some idea of how it works.

White Hollow
2nd October 2015, 08:36 PM
What you've posted looks fine... Maybe that swap something for a Raigeki? Like that Tensu?

SynjoDeonecros
2nd October 2015, 10:46 PM
Maybe. I'm not sure. I do know that it'll likely be the next deck I officially set, since it's already made and I don't want to spend any more money on cards for the others. That and a ghetto Raidraptors deck.

Only thing I can think of is to buy a trio of Cannon Soldiers/Cannon Soldier Mk2 and make a Pendulum Burn deck out of them. Dunno why no one's thought of doing that, yet.