PDA

View Full Version : Rank-Up and Synchros Without Links

silen8
22nd March 2017, 01:38 PM
Can I rank-up Raid Raptor Force Strix in the extra deck monster zone using a rank-up magic or do I have to have a link on the field?

If I control Brionic, dragon of the ice barrier in the extra deck monster zone and a level two tuner monster, can I synchro into crystal wing synchro dragon without having a link on the field?

Dread Kaiser
22nd March 2017, 04:13 PM
Can I rank-up Raid Raptor Force Strix in the extra deck monster zone using a rank-up magic or do I have to have a link on the field?

If I control Brionic, dragon of the ice barrier in the extra deck monster zone and a level two tuner monster, can I synchro into crystal wing synchro dragon without having a link on the field?

Nothing stops you from using an card extra monster zone as material for further summons. so yes you can still Rank up or summon monsters like Crystal wing without Links

Sanokal
22nd March 2017, 04:36 PM
Wait, what? I thought that we couldn't.

Dread Kaiser
22nd March 2017, 04:44 PM
Wait, what? I thought that we couldn't.

I don't recall seeing anything saying we cannot. also from the new rule post

-Even if your Extra Monster Zone and all of your Main Monster Zones pointed at by Markers are occupied, you can still perform a Link Summon using the monsters in your Extra Monster Zone and your Main Monster Zones pointed at by markers, and Summoning that Link Monster on a Zone occupied by 1 of the Material Monsters, provided that using any of those monsters would not cause you to have no Zones in which you can Special Summon an Extra Deck Monster into, and that the Zone you are attempting to Summon into is legal.

I don't see why any other summon would be different, so long a legal zone is free for you to place it in