PDA

View Full Version : Infernoid summon ruling

Mdeezy777
2nd October 2015, 12:24 AM
Hello again,

After the success with the Artifact ruling, i was hoping you guys can put my mind at rest about another ruling, this time involving Infernoids (in particular: Piaty, Sjette, Seitsemas, Attondel, Devyaty, and Onuncu) (However, this maybe seen as an instantly answerable question, but this question has come up, and i want to prove i am right so i can play my Infernoids without wasting time whille the judge looks for a ruling if he sides with my opponent's hypothesis)

My question is when summoning one of the aforementioned Infernoids, can i use a combination of Hand and Graveyard in order to summon them?

For those unfamiliar with the wording of the Infernoids, it is thus:
"Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing 2 "Infernoid" monsters from your hand or Graveyard while the total Levels and Ranks of all Effect Monsters you control are 8 or lower, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways."

However, i have seen many people use a combination of the two zones in order to summon these monsters, and there are a few contributory rulings that could back up this:

1. Rainbow Dragon UDE Ruling: "The seven "Crystal Beast" monsters can be on your field, in your Graveyard, or in a combination of both", meaning that Rainbow Dragon could be summoned via combination. The only downside to this ruling is that it is UDE and some may say it could be outdated and no longer relevant :/

2. Nekroz Mirror OCG Ruling: "If you Ritual Summon "Nekroz of Decisive Armor", you can banish 1 "Nekroz of Clausolas" (Level 3) from your Graveyard and Tribute 1 "Nekroz of Brionac" (Level 6) from your hand and 1 "Treeborn Frog" (Level 1) you control.", which is again a combination, but again this is an OCG ruling, and not always applicable to the TCG, however there are no contradicting rulings that i have found.

3. Polymerization: This is not a ruling, however most would assume, and through years of gameplay on official Konami products, that a combination would be allowed. However, this is not a ruling, and is only based on gameplay.

So i have been searching on the net to find a reputable source to actually say what is needed to be said but i have so far been unsuccessful, except for minor answers which would not be classed as reputable on sites like Google Answers, and Reddit (Never look past page 2! )

Should mention that Ygopro gameplay allows a combination to happen

In conclusion, can Infernoids be summoned via a combination of zones in order to summon them (i am aware this is not a cost btw)?

P.S. Sorry for stupidness if this a really easy to answer ruling

Dread Kaiser
2nd October 2015, 01:12 AM
Yes, you can both hand and grave. and no the banishing is not a cost as the summoning is not an effect

And yes, this is an easy answer, no need to apologize, nothing wrong with being 100% sure

Sylverpfeil
2nd October 2015, 12:40 PM
It's a fine question, but what makes you look silly is mentioning Piaty and Sjette. Just pretend they never existed. :p

Momma_Sophie
7th October 2015, 01:31 PM
It's a fine question, but what makes you look silly is mentioning Piaty and Sjette. Just pretend they never existed. :p

Yeah, that is where most people eff up. Piaty can hurt Nekroz; sjette can hurt Pendulums alongside Tierra. I say you look silly.

Sylverpfeil
7th October 2015, 03:19 PM
Total lack of humour and/or coolness… I'd think that makes you look silly. :cool:

No wait, that was actually a joke, right? Hahahahaha, nice one, very nice one indeed.
You should try and post that in the Pojo strategy thread, a couple of guys there will certainly take the bait as well. :D

Red
11th October 2015, 08:34 AM
Yeah, that is where most people eff up. Piaty can hurt Nekroz; sjette can hurt Pendulums alongside Tierra. I say you look silly.

They're good side-deck cards at best to switch out against Qli. No idea why you'd main them.

JoJoToast
12th October 2015, 06:30 AM
Piaty isn't the worst card, i don't run it myself but Sjette is not worth running imo as it's your opponents choice as to what to banish.

Momma_Sophie
29th October 2015, 11:16 PM
They're good side-deck cards at best to switch out against Qli. No idea why you'd main them.

Synchro plays.

- - - Updated - - -

Total lack of humour and/or coolness… I'd think that makes you look silly. :cool:

No wait, that was actually a joke, right? Hahahahaha, nice one, very nice one indeed.
You should try and post that in the Pojo strategy thread, a couple of guys there will certainly take the bait as well. :D

You done being cynical? Al least attempt to see things from my point of view; I at least can give examples and a valid argument.

Synchro plays exist.
Sorry if I don't conform to the norm; maybe I should stop thinking that YuGiOh takes actual mental effort to be good at. Oh wait... it does.

Red
30th October 2015, 12:20 AM
Synchro plays.

- - - Updated - - -

You done being cynical? Al least attempt to see things from my point of view; I at least can give examples and a valid argument.

Synchro plays exist.
Sorry if I don't conform to the norm; maybe I should stop thinking that YuGiOh takes actual mental effort to be good at. Oh wait... it does.

You don't need to have specific levels for synchro plays with Infernoids, if you can adjust the levels of Dekatron easily.

Momma_Sophie
2nd November 2015, 07:14 PM
You don't need to have specific levels for synchro plays with Infernoids, if you can adjust the levels of Dekatron easily.

It's best t have both options if necessary. I didn't say, "Run three Belphegor." I said, "Run Belphegor." You can't summon Beelze (a GREAT card in any deck) with a Dekatron. No, you use Plaguespreader and... Belphegor. Piaty is just useful. You can't play with no hand resources.