PDA

View Full Version : Official Feature Request Thread

Dan
2nd August 2015, 01:28 PM
If you wish to request a forum feature, this is the place to do it.

Satchmo
11th September 2015, 12:21 AM
requesting a music specific sub-forum so I can shitpost good music and not have it get lost in tv/movie/anime shitposting

Hope in the Interstice
14th September 2015, 05:47 AM
I'd like a Create-a-Card subforum, if that doesn't completely get on your nerves and/or make you want to kill me.

Devocrown
14th September 2015, 05:57 AM
An Online format thread for people who play both tcg and ocg format/ uses the entire cardpool

Hope in the Interstice
14th September 2015, 06:06 AM
An Online format thread for people who play both tcg and ocg format/ uses the entire cardpool
I like this idea. It could even be extend to an Online Duelling thread in general.

Michelle
14th September 2015, 06:19 AM
I would honestly like a fresh start Forum where I could deviate and do my usual and finally escape from Pojo...

Owai

Hope in the Interstice
14th September 2015, 06:26 AM
I would honestly like a fresh start Forum where I could deviate and do my usual and finally escape from Pojo...

Owai
Welcome to the Forums. I hope we can make a fantastic new start. :D

Magmacore Soldier
14th September 2015, 09:21 AM
I'd like a Create-a-Card subforum, if that doesn't completely get on your nerves and/or make you want to kill me.
^ I concur to that

Tamaru
14th September 2015, 09:24 AM

I'd also be potentially interested in this, but it'd almost definitely be irritating and cringeworthy.

But hey, that hasn't stopped us before...

EDIT: Also, the ability to delete our own posts would be nice.

Amaryllis
14th September 2015, 11:11 AM
I like this idea. It could even be extend to an Online Duelling thread in general.

I use both TCG and OCG when I play online so I support this notion!

kc_alex2
14th September 2015, 01:09 PM
I really miss a general subforum for other Animes/Mangas besides YGO.

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 01:12 PM
http://ygorganization.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/20-Audio-Video-Department
Until otherwise decided. That is basically the "Every media but YGO section".

kc_alex2
14th September 2015, 01:31 PM
http://ygorganization.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/20-Audio-Video-Department
Until otherwise decided. That is basically the "Every media but YGO section".
Oh. That's disappointing.

Brunjox
14th September 2015, 01:42 PM
I request a system to like and dislike posts, such as Disqus'.

Dan
14th September 2015, 03:45 PM
Your ideas have been heard, and some will be coming to fruition.

Foolist
14th September 2015, 04:19 PM
I am most certain that you can upgrade the site to a more recent version of VBulletin.

GG Yoh_Komori
14th September 2015, 11:40 PM
I'll start by saying suggestion may not be needed, dependent on my assumptions regarding the naming of sections, but here goes. Is "TCG Discussion" as a sub forum strictly for new set release information or is it intended to be fore discussions outside set release as well? IF the former is true then I suggest you change the sub-form name from it's current state to "TCG: Future Release Information" or something to that affect (and same for the OCG Discussion if it too is for OCG new releases). The name's do make sense at current but when I think of discussion topics for the TCG my first thought is deck theory or recent events/tournament play, as well as set release information. My proposed change would eliminate potential confusion by explaining exactly what is discussed there as well as give way to create a "General YGO" section for non set release information.

Hope in the Interstice
15th September 2015, 12:56 AM
In regards to the whole Create-a-Card subforum idea, if the problem is keeping it all streamlined, then how about restricting it to one thread per user? Every single thread is dedicated to one user and their own cards?

Michelle
15th September 2015, 01:02 AM
Eh, I wouldn't like that, it would clog as much as multiple cards being discussed in a single thread.

For someone who would make several themes a single thread just wouldn't cut it.

GG Yoh_Komori
15th September 2015, 04:30 AM
Eh, I wouldn't like that, it would clog as much as multiple cards being discussed in a single thread.

For someone who would make several themes a single thread just wouldn't cut it. link each theme you make to a gallery of images offsite/ descriptions off site, then people can title their post "galler 1/2/3/ect..." and then you just check for the one your speaking to?

Michelle
15th September 2015, 04:33 AM
That'd require either:

-Me making my own blog for said content, or
-Getting an audience to be able to make reply on the off-site

Both require more effort than the parties are willing to make, also the idea is not getting into the last forum.

Brunjox
16th September 2015, 09:30 AM
In regards to the whole Create-a-Card subforum idea, if the problem is keeping it all streamlined, then how about restricting it to one thread per user? Every single thread is dedicated to one user and their own cards?
Looks like every CaC Pojo thread made by power.
No thank you.

Hope in the Interstice
16th September 2015, 09:40 AM
Looks like every CaC Pojo thread made by power.
No thank you.
Well, now we just have the one thread for EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVERYBODYYYYYYYYYY.

Michelle
16th September 2015, 09:45 AM
The only way a CaC section would work is if the users stick to an enforced etiquette towards their threads, and the mods kept constant watch around it, I take it that's too much hassle for too little for the Orgs, Pojo's CaC section suffers since the only intervention it gets from higher ups is deleting certain someone's Hentai threads.

It's a big job for such a whim and I'd completely understand Org's decision not to make one, but pretty please.

Sakuya
16th September 2015, 07:39 PM
One of the chatbox things would be nice. Probably not neccesary and would be kinda dumb at times but it'd be nice

HelixReactor
16th September 2015, 08:50 PM
I was wondering if there will be more color/theme styles accessible in the future. I personally am satisfied by the current one, but some people might find dark colors to be somewhat unwelcoming and would rather use a lighter color-themed interface.

Also, would it be possible to make the profile color customization changes applicable to the rest of the forum?

Lord Bunilla
17th September 2015, 10:27 AM
Tapatalk support when?

Thanako
17th September 2015, 02:06 PM
One of the chatbox things would be nice. Probably not neccesary and would be kinda dumb at times but it'd be nice

Pretty much what I was going to request. Might seem a bit unneeded, but these do wonders for activity.

Dan
19th September 2015, 03:13 PM
requesting a music specific sub-forum so I can shitpost good music and not have it get lost in tv/movie/anime shitposting

Make your music thread so good people post in it a lot and bump it to the top; I may just sticky a 'what are you listening to' thread or something.

Use the thread. Obey Decchan.

This is less than 1% of DN's userbase, and effectively is what the ocg is right now; and before now was just 'BA with rhino' and that's it. Seriously, just discuss the TCG or OCG if you play that. DNCG as it's known is not something that even has a regulated F/L list or any purposeful design methodology, and if its ever at all fun it is by nothing more than coincidence.

the ability to delete our own posts would be nice.

I don't think you'll have to worry about this, I suspect lots of your posts are going to get deleted; I am fully aware of who you are lol.

But no, content is only going to be removed if it absolutely must be removed due to violations of rules/policy. You can edit out what you said if you want it gone, but do know that after a certain time period, posts become permanent.

I really miss a general subforum for other Animes/Mangas besides YGO.

There's plenty of forums on the internet to discuss this with. invite your friends from here to join you on them. It'll cut down on the shit we don't want to see here, like how much you love your waifu from <insert anime that will only be talked about for the next 6 months and moved on from>

I request a system to like and dislike posts, such as Disqus'.

'dislike'.

I am most certain that you can upgrade the site to a more recent version of VBulletin.

I even paid for it. It's ugly and stupid and doesn't work the way I want it to.

The name's do make sense at current but when I think of discussion topics for the TCG my first thought is deck theory or recent events/tournament play, as well as set release information. My proposed change would eliminate potential confusion by explaining exactly what is discussed there as well as give way to create a "General YGO" section for non set release information.

Discuss the tcg in the tcg section, both new and old? :eek:

Once I'm sure the server can handle it. We're doing stress tests in waves here.

Tapatalk support when?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe but on the back burner for sure.

kc_alex2
19th September 2015, 03:34 PM
There's plenty of forums on the internet to discuss this with. invite your friends from here to join you on them. It'll cut down on the shit we don't want to see here, like how much you love your waifu from <insert anime that will only be talked about for the next 6 months and moved on from>
Ark's answer did it already and we could come to terms with this. No problem. There's no reason for you to behave like a dick.

AntiTcb
20th September 2015, 05:08 AM

Yes, we can. However, I ran into issues with finding stable plugins for a majority of the features we drummed up ourselves that we wanted to provide for you. VB5 is okay, but VB4 still has tons of support, so it's an easier structure to build upon.

AntiTcb
20th September 2015, 05:22 AM
Tapatalk support when?

Playing around with it, but, need to iron out some details first.

Tamaru
20th September 2015, 08:14 PM
I don't think you'll have to worry about this, I suspect lots of your posts are going to get deleted; I am fully aware of who you are lol.
Funny, I have no idea who you are, or why you're being hostile towards me.

Dan
20th September 2015, 08:47 PM
Ark's answer did it already and we could come to terms with this. No problem. There's no reason for you to behave like a dick.

My answer was universal to all the people who clutter up forums with anime avatar/sigs (such as yourself, no offense) and actually bicker and debate about which anime is better than another one as if it actually matters at all. I meant it generally when I said 'how much you love your waifu', not you as in kc_alex2, I have no problem with you specifically, you're p coo.

Dan
20th September 2015, 08:48 PM
Funny, I have no idea who you are, or why you're being hostile towards me.

I'm the one who IP banned you from dueling network.

Tamaru
20th September 2015, 08:54 PM
I'm the one who IP banned you from dueling network.
Oh, so this is sort of like a vendetta thing?

Nice to know I'm rustling someone's jimmies somewhere without even trying.

Dan
20th September 2015, 09:21 PM
there's no vendetta, I just know how you behave and expect you to continue to behave that way, which would cause a lot of what you do to be stopped

Tamaru
20th September 2015, 09:29 PM
there's no vendetta, I just know how you behave and expect you to continue to behave that way, which would cause a lot of what you do to be stopped

Cool, well, good luck with that.

Foolist
24th September 2015, 09:53 PM
where would one discuss video games? i dont see a placr for that, if there isnt one, will you guys make a section?

White Hollow
2nd October 2015, 12:05 PM
How about a section for Role Playing? I don't know however how many of the current members would do such a thing but I see no harm in it. I certainly am a fan and casual rper, that's why I'm asking this lol.

Hope in the Interstice
2nd October 2015, 12:13 PM
How about a section for Role Playing? I don't know however how many of the current members would do such a thing but I see no harm in it. I certainly am a fan and casual rper, that's why I'm asking this lol.
I do recall several people joining us that liked such a thing.

White Hollow
2nd October 2015, 12:19 PM
I do recall several people joining us that liked such a thing.

Good. Maybe if we prove be enough members willing to participate, maybe we'll convince them to create a section for roleplaying.

Icematoro
4th October 2015, 08:34 PM
The forums seem rather nicely done, I have to admit it, simple but good looking, with that said...

I know full well this does not work ------> I'd be honestly glad if we were to get a Spoiler option, you know, because sometimes you need Info to make a point, and if that info might ruin someone else's enjoyment of X or Y... At least with a Spoiler function we can't be blamed

Also, a post preview option would be much appreciated.

Hope in the Interstice
4th October 2015, 11:19 PM
The forums seem rather nicely done, I have to admit it, simple but good looking, with that said...

I know full well this does not work ------> I'd be honestly glad if we were to get a Spoiler option, you know, because sometimes you need Info to make a point, and if that info might ruin someone else's enjoyment of X or Y... At least with a Spoiler function we can't be blamed

Post preview options are available when you Go Advanced. Spoiler options... never saw 'em. I'd like 'em as well.

Thanako
6th October 2015, 10:42 PM
Maybe a thread for debating TCG vs OCG instead of this flooding into every other thread.

AntiTcb
7th October 2015, 11:49 PM

Here you go.

Icematoro
8th October 2015, 12:11 AM
Why, Thank you very much!

Hope in the Interstice
8th October 2015, 12:35 AM
Here you go.
http://rs1193.pbsrc.com/albums/aa347/Something-Shiny/Avatare%20-%20Unsortiert/30465.gif~c200

Archfiend
8th October 2015, 04:59 AM
Any chance we could get a feature to add songs to our Profiles?

Thanako
20th October 2015, 01:22 AM
So, this is kind of not related to the forum itself, but I don't know where else to post it. I've a friend who won't go to the Org because the site has some minor spoilers in the general synopsis of anime episode related articles. I was asked to pass on that these could be used under the readmore.

Akaba Fedoreiji
20th October 2015, 08:55 AM
I would like to clarify that, in spite of my username and the sort, I would not participate in any role playing. Apologies.

The forums are good, I have no complaints or requests as of the moment.

Mystic TimeKeeper
9th November 2015, 02:32 PM
I don't know if that's feasible, but could we have a list of what kind of posts needs to get approval by moderators before being posted?

iChaos-Warrior
3rd December 2015, 07:04 PM
It would be nice, if you could link the specific Forum thread if you write an article on YGOrganization!

Archsorcerer
22nd December 2015, 05:24 PM
I use Firefox and when I access the forums from the main page it does not load the CSS file. It tries to use the index page stylesheet.

The Url ends with '/forum/'. Changing it to '/forum/forum.php' will solve the issue.

ARKhaven
22nd December 2015, 10:15 PM
A Colosseum forum so we-okay nvm I'm shutting up now

AntiTcb
23rd January 2016, 11:19 AM
It would be nice, if you could link the specific Forum thread if you write an article on YGOrganization!

Trust me, something I've already thought about, but...kinda tricky.

The forum threads are created by a bot that clones the data from the site's RSS feed. It checks this feed ~5 minutes or so, and there's no immediately obvious way for me to force it to do another check. This means that the forum that isn't even created automatically the very instant that the article author pushes the "Publish" button.

The other caveat with this is the URL structure of the forum. "https://ygorganization.com/forum/showthread.php/967-Upcoming-TCG-Manga-Promos" The culprit there is the ID number, 967. It's possible to predict what that number will be, given that OrgBot is the only one ever posting in that forum, but it CAN fail if one of us ever decides to create a thread within that forum, and I do not want to implement something that isn't guaranteed to work.

ScionStorm
23rd January 2016, 11:46 AM
Couldn't you wait like 5 minutes for the forum thread to be posted and then update the article with the thread link? Articles get updated all the time with new information after the article is created.

AntiTcb
4th February 2016, 04:16 PM
Couldn't you wait like 5 minutes for the forum thread to be posted and then update the article with the thread link? Articles get updated all the time with new information after the article is created.

The authors are free to do that as they wish, but the ideal scenario is that it's automatically done.

And, I'm not a master of the wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff necessary to make that happen yet.

Hope in the Interstice
22nd February 2016, 03:12 AM
When we're using the "search thread" function, can you change the text colour so that it's actually visible? I can't see what I'm writing.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
22nd February 2016, 03:25 AM
Strikethroughs for text formatting? I swear we had that before...

Baroque
24th February 2016, 06:29 PM
Strikethroughs for text formatting? I swear we had that before...

I would like to second this, and add a request for transparent coloring for fonts (e.g., going COLOR="transparent" or something like that, and getting text that matches the forum background regardless of theme, only able to be seen by being highlighted). They're little things, but can be very, very useful things at times. (e.g., transparent font could be used to censor things without janking a post up with the collapsing spoiler tag.)

Hope in the Interstice
25th February 2016, 12:46 AM
I would like to second this, and add a request for transparent coloring for fonts (e.g., going COLOR="transparent" or something like that, and getting text that matches the forum background regardless of theme, only able to be seen by being highlighted). They're little things, but can be very, very useful things at times. (e.g., transparent font could be used to censor things without janking a post up with the collapsing spoiler tag.)
Speaking of spoilers, I'd also like a dedicated button for that tag because A) having to write it out each time is tedious, and B) spoiler-happy users need to know it exists.

ScionStorm
21st June 2016, 04:35 AM
Is there a way for a Thread starter to edit the title of the Thread they started?

Dread Kaiser
25th August 2016, 09:23 PM
if it hasn't been suggested already, a Tag cloud or list for the main site would be nice. would make it easier to find old decklist articles

and a Strikethrough option, I have too many gags that depend on that.....