PDA

View Full Version : Current TCG Meta Tiers and competitive rogue decks

SynjoDeonecros
2nd October 2015, 06:02 PM
So, I've been wondering, what are the current meta tiers and competitive rogue decks that are seeing play in tournaments, right now? My closest local tourney is an hour away, so it's very rare that I'm able to play in it, so I'm kinda out of the loop with that.

Dread Kaiser
2nd October 2015, 06:13 PM
Mofiz Bait....
I'm somewhat out of the TCG loop too, last I heard it was mostly Nekroz and shaddolls, with Kozmo and otherthings
of course lately I have been seeing nothing but fucking clowns at my locals

Mofiz
2nd October 2015, 06:37 PM
Tellarknights came back, Nekroz and Shaddolls with more Rank 4 because somehow everyone started using fucking Clowns in them, Burning Abyss and some Kozmo Decks. So: More Kozmo and more Rank 4, the rest is pretty much the same.

Still waiting for an ACTUAL Synchro Deck to top once.

White Hollow
2nd October 2015, 07:06 PM
Still waiting for an ACTUAL Synchro Deck to top once.

Not gonna happen soon. Even now that we have the King's Archfiends, it won't happen. Pressure's on Yang Zing then I guess to pull a winning build.

ChaseLumsden
2nd October 2015, 08:02 PM
Unofficial TCG list, according to what I've been dealing with at my locals.
Tier 1:
-Infernoids
-BA
-Clownblade
-Nekroz

Tier 2:
-Kozmo
-Qlis
-Shaddoll
-Tellarknight

Tier 3:
-Raidraptor/Harpies/Blackwings
-Speedroid
-Red-Eyes/Rebellion
-Igknights

Dunno what else is on the craze right at the moment, but these were my studies at my locals.
I'm currently playing Clownblade and Ignkights, so that's how I figured those stats out, but everything else was based on repetition (the amount of contestants playing a specific deck) and/or power. Nekroz and Burning Abyss is obvious, Kozmo is repetition and power, Qlis are solely power based, and Infernoids was repetition.

Blue
2nd October 2015, 10:44 PM
Tier 3:
-Raidraptor

How are Raidraptors even usable? They're missing Force Strix and Tribute Lanius. Is there some magical TCG build I have yet to see that makes use of them in some way that covers for the missing components?

SynjoDeonecros
3rd October 2015, 01:35 AM
Weren't Yosenjus considered a wild card contender in the tier list, at one point? I know it doesn't show up much at all in the bigger tournaments, anymore (or, if they do, they don't make top 8), but I remember a time a little while back where they were considered a rogue element in the meta...

ChaseLumsden
3rd October 2015, 03:21 AM
I dunno. At first I noticed Blackwings as usual..until I saw the R4nk cancer and the dumb as hell combos.
Note, the build I'm talking about is a hybrid between Harpies, Blackwings, AND RR....Or, in other words, it's standard Bird-based Rank 4 hell.

ChaseLumsden
3rd October 2015, 03:32 AM
I did see one, ONE, Yosenju build last week..Then Red-Eyes hell smothered their wind in fire and Dragons.
However, it played like a beast, and I even saw traces of Fire Fists in the build too. It looked like a spectacle, but due to the surging trend of stronger monsters, it...kinda fell short.
I'll count it as a rouge deck though.

Dread Kaiser
3rd October 2015, 03:59 AM
Weren't Yosenjus considered a wild card contender in the tier list, at one point? I know it doesn't show up much at all in the bigger tournaments, anymore (or, if they do, they don't make top 8), but I remember a time a little while back where they were considered a rogue element in the meta...

Only because they can ran LITERALLY EVERY FLOODGATE (My local Yosenju player runs fucking Necrovalley...-_-)

still annoying as shit though

AccelRainbowDashley
3rd October 2015, 06:50 PM
I want Speedroids to do well since I have the most fun with them. Being a special pack archetype really limits the support they get, though.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
3rd October 2015, 07:14 PM
I want Speedroids to do well since I have the most fun with them. Being a special pack archetype really limits the support they get, though.

Meh, they might get a card or two here or there in a main booster, like Yosenju, depending on how much more screentime Yugo gets. Hopefully some Accel Synchro support.

Dread Kaiser
3rd October 2015, 07:15 PM

Yugo not showing up to duel often doesn't help

AccelRainbowDashley
3rd October 2015, 07:23 PM
Meh, they might get a card or two here or there in a main booster, like Yosenju, depending on how much more screentime Yugo gets. Hopefully some Accel Synchro support.

He still has at least two duels left in Friendship cup, plenty of time for some new things. That's also assuming he even goes poof after dueling Yuya, for all we know he could join the Lancers.

Mofiz
3rd October 2015, 09:01 PM

He still gets a Level 1 Non Tuner, a Level 2 Tuner and mostlikely a Synchro Tuner that variies level. Spell/Traps maybe.

Blue
3rd October 2015, 10:17 PM
He still gets a Level 1 Non Tuner, a Level 2 Tuner and mostlikely a Synchro Tuner that variies level. Spell/Traps maybe.

If he's getting any of those, it will probably be against Yuya

SynjoDeonecros
4th October 2015, 01:38 AM
Only because they can ran LITERALLY EVERY FLOODGATE (My local Yosenju player runs fucking Necrovalley...-_-)

still annoying as shit though

I seem to be able to run a pretty mean Yosenju deck without the floodgates; I don't even run Vanity's Emptiness, since I keep on forgetting its self-destruction effect and kill it shortly after I get it out. Perhaps I need to research more meta Yosenju decks to help up my game...

Mofiz
4th October 2015, 09:39 AM
I seem to be able to run a pretty mean Yosenju deck without the floodgates; I don't even run Vanity's Emptiness, since I keep on forgetting its self-destruction effect and kill it shortly after I get it out. Perhaps I need to research more meta Yosenju decks to help up my game...

I don't remember seeing a single Deck with Yosenjus that DOESN'T run 20 floodgates.

Hikarui
4th October 2015, 01:28 PM
I suppose it works like that:

Tier 1(by usage):
Nekroz
B.A.

Tier 2(by usage):
Kozmos
Shaddolls
Satellarknight
Qliphorts

Tier 3:
Yang Zing
Infernoids
etc

Unrated:
PSY-Frames
Speedroid

Thanako
4th October 2015, 01:47 PM
Looking a bit ahead, BA will fall from grace. I would argue that this tipping point already happened, the community at large just doesn't get it yet. It only does so well because of a mass usage (any deck tops when everyone collectively uses it) and also that the TCG has a luckluster cardpool. But, that last point is being remedied, albeit slowly. HSR have a chance in the TCG, people just have to use it smart in hybrid decks. There are a lot of smart ways to play it, but it just takes that one person to do the build. Nekroz is still the #1 in the TCG, nothing else can compare. They aren't what they were on introduction, but they are still by far the most competitive deck considering the absolute joke of Konami's attempts to hit them.

SynjoDeonecros
4th October 2015, 04:39 PM
I don't remember seeing a single Deck with Yosenjus that DOESN'T run 20 floodgates.

I see, I must be the exception, then; the only floodgates I actually play are Macro Cosmos and Dimensional Fissure. Maybe I should look into more "meta" Yosenju decks...

Mystic TimeKeeper
4th October 2015, 04:43 PM
I see, I must be the exception, then; the only floodgates I actually play are Macro Cosmos and Dimensional Fissure. Maybe I should look into more "meta" Yosenju decks...

To help you, Meta Yosenju plays EVERY Floodgate ever except Discord maybe.

What you can't main gets into the side.

SynjoDeonecros
4th October 2015, 05:17 PM
Well, I do have a pair of Necrovalley and a Commandant to go with it, but I didn't use it in my deck, and as I said, I seem to not be able to play Vanity's Emptiness well enough to like playing it. I guess I fail at Meta.Yosenju.Dek.

Mystic TimeKeeper
4th October 2015, 05:23 PM
Well, I do have a pair of Necrovalley and a Commandant to go with it, but I didn't use it in my deck, and as I said, I seem to not be able to play Vanity's Emptiness well enough to like playing it. I guess I fail at Meta.Yosenju.Dek.

Forget commander, just necrovalley.

Basically you should go Kama 1,2 and 3, 1 or 2 L (it was the blue one if I got the name wrong), secret move and then every disruption you think is effective against what you're facing.

Mofiz
4th October 2015, 05:24 PM
Forget commander, just necrovalley.

Basically you should go Kama 1,2 and 3, 1 or 2 L (it was the blue one if I got the name wrong), secret move and then every disruption you think is effective against what you're facing.

Could you stop promoting cancerous and boring Decks?

Mystic TimeKeeper
4th October 2015, 05:25 PM

He asked what a Meta Yosenju looked like, I was just answering.

Or that's not how it does look like?

Mofiz
4th October 2015, 05:26 PM
He asked what a Meta Yosenju looked like, I was just answering.

Or that's not how it does look like?

Unfortunitely it's exactly how it looks like. If you play Yosenju with less floodgates than monsters, you are doing it wrong.

SynjoDeonecros
4th October 2015, 05:27 PM

I actually like this deck; I'm big on disruption decks, and as a big time Beast/Beast-Warrior player, this is the best of both worlds - a Beast-Warrior-themed archetype that does disruption well. It's why I switched from my Wanghu Stun to it as my main deck.

Mofiz
4th October 2015, 05:29 PM
I actually like this deck; I'm big on disruption decks, and as a big time Beast/Beast-Warrior player, this is the best of both worlds - a Beast-Warrior-themed archetype that does disruption well. It's why I switched from my Wanghu Stun to it as my main deck.

So, you are that kind of guy who doesn't like the opponent to play at all...

Mystic TimeKeeper
4th October 2015, 05:32 PM
Once upon a Time I didn't like GB, then I faced S0 and realized that you can at least try to bait traps.

I'm so maining Fairy Wind this format though.

SynjoDeonecros
4th October 2015, 05:32 PM
So, you are that kind of guy who doesn't like the opponent to play at all...

No, I just like playing good decks that are within my budget and interest. Playtesting the deck in YGOPro against the AI helped my decision, as well, as it was the only one that did consistently well against decks like Nekroz, Qliphort, and Shaddoll.

SynjoDeonecros
5th October 2015, 02:43 AM
Y'know, I find it odd; while I love working on Beast/Beast-Warrior decks, for a long while my Wanghu deck was my main deck, and it reflected my Furry Fandom fursona at the time, and now that I've switched to Yosenju, I've found it reflects my new fursona. Curious how that works, huh? I didn't even plan it that way.

Dread Kaiser
5th October 2015, 03:42 AM
...where is the tumbleweed emote when you need it, that was That was really TMI

SynjoDeonecros
5th October 2015, 03:45 AM

Heh, don't worry, I don't pervertize those cards. And it's more coincidence than anything. I just thought it was an interesting tidbit. At least it's not loli.dek, right?

Hope in the Interstice
5th October 2015, 03:53 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/tumbleweed03.gif

SynjoDeonecros
5th October 2015, 03:55 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/tumbleweed03.gif

Another one for the user with the Amazing Multipurpose Response Meme Generator (C)

On a serious note, I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that, making decks based on their favorite animal or show or whatnot, and I don't mean like their favorite Yugioh character, but like getting into Kozmo because they're fans of Star Wars/Wizard of Oz, or collecting the Gradius cards because they're addicted to the game series or the like.

Hikarui
5th October 2015, 04:05 AM
welp, I guess Infernoid goes up a rank in my list.

Blue
5th October 2015, 05:27 AM
Yeah, 16-0 at Dallas. That was insane.

GG ELDIUS
6th October 2015, 02:21 AM
welp, I guess Infernoid goes up a rank in my list.

Well, it is kind of a cancerous match-up for all of the big three at the moment (Dolls, Nekroz, BA).

SynjoDeonecros
6th October 2015, 02:28 AM
BA has always been a sticking point for me, from what little games I've played. I can usually beat my boyfriend's deck, but that's because we can't get to a local tournament consistently to try out our skills, so he's unfamiliar with a lot of the stuff that would be pulled in such a deck, but when I tested Yosenjus against the top decks available on my tablet's YGOPro AI duel option, I found BA to be the one I had the most consistent trouble with. Even when I duel with my boyfriend, when he remembers the cards' effects, it gets really annoying dueling against him.

Megamaw
6th October 2015, 02:32 AM
Flying "C" is an amazing side card against BA. Other cards that you can use are Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror, and Ojama Trio.

Hikarui
7th October 2015, 02:39 AM
I have been toying with PSY-Frames for a bit, still trying to figure out if they are good enough to go against the meta. Have a decent matchup vs B.A. and Nekroz, but again it really depends.
This format is boring, been the same top decks for a while already. someone kill it with fire pls

Montag
7th October 2015, 02:59 AM
I have been toying with PSY-Frames for a bit, still trying to figure out if they are good enough to go against the meta. Have a decent matchup vs B.A. and Nekroz, but again it really depends.
This format is boring, been the same top decks for a while already. someone kill it with fire pls

tcg meta
Nekroz, BA, Kozmo, Shaddol, Tellar, Ritual Beast, Infernoid, Qli. Still Yosenju, New r4 spam deck with norden + perfomage and Hero.
Want more?

tcg meta 2014
HAT, Evilswarm, Infernity, Bujin and some madolche = set 4 pass.

Now is a lot better i think