PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 76 Discussion

Cheesedude
3rd October 2015, 11:22 PM
Well, we didn't make one of these last week, but here we are.

King's Gambit.

Blue
4th October 2015, 01:01 AM
Like I mentioned in the auto-generated thread, hype for the new opening.

Plus a plot episode with Sora. What's not to love?

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
4th October 2015, 01:02 AM
What's not to love?
Well....

Sora
That.

ScionStorm
4th October 2015, 01:36 AM
I didn't realize how much I missed Sora. Can't wait for a Frightfur Owl vs. RaidraptorForce Stryx duel.

Zarkiel
4th October 2015, 04:24 AM
Based on what the wiki has stated about the next few episodes, it doesn't seem like Sora and Jean seem to be agents of Academia. Jean straight up wants power and he's willing to get it any means necessary. Sora is kind of the same too. It seems like he's a extra-deckist (if I can call that a term) and wants to prove himself. The anime could prove me wrong with this, but he doesn't seem like a spy like dennis. And it seemed like he only teamed up with obelisk force just to beat shun, and probably wants to go all out with yuya.

Mystic TimeKeeper
4th October 2015, 09:44 AM
That half-episode though...

pyrQ
4th October 2015, 10:59 AM
That recap kinda killed me. At least it was only the first half and the second half had lots of plot it seems.

White Hollow
4th October 2015, 11:58 AM
New openings and endings always make me happy, regardless of the episode quality so, yeah...

I mean, that timesword magician... that 5ds opening feel... that scarright vs rebelion clash...

HelixReactor
4th October 2015, 02:30 PM
(Half) RECAP EPISODE! ABORT MISSION! I REPEAT: ABORT MISSION!

Okay, to be fair, the second part of the episode was pretty good, but was it worth all the skipping?

Glad to see that Sora is finally back in action. So Frenchwin being an Academian is pretty much confirmed, but he seems to be having his own parallel plans regarding the Synchro Dimension. And that mind control chip tech is definitely going to be relevant in later episodes.

And Sergey, please never smile again...

SynjoDeonecros
4th October 2015, 04:36 PM
So, Sora's from Academia, Dennis' from Academia, even the security chief is from Academia. Who's next? Trauma Boy? Shivers Kid?

Actually, I wouldn't doubt Trauma Boy being from either the Xyz dimension picked up by Academia and saved by Reiji, or from the Fusion dimension, from before Academia took over, and got traumatized by that.

Blue
4th October 2015, 06:41 PM
I hated that the first half of the episode was a clip show.

I was on skype with a friend when they were playing the shit that happened in the previous episode and was like: "OH REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST WEEK?! MAN THAT WAS CRAZY!"

Cheesedude
4th October 2015, 11:08 PM
To be fair, the clip show portion had new dialogue over it that explained a whole bunch of the unclear plot points since the last arc's start. So it kind of worked, I thought.

Certainly wasn't expecting Roger to have mind-control chips implanted in every Security officer's head, but it explains Sergey pretty well too.

ScionStorm
4th October 2015, 11:12 PM
Mind control chips make me think of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World movie right now. ;P

Thanako
4th October 2015, 11:24 PM
A recap episode... Never fond of this type of thing, but they didn't just do what some others do. And this is just the first half. It bothered me, but not too much.

SynjoDeonecros
5th October 2015, 02:20 AM
Ah, so Security Dude is employing a variant to the Darth Sidious method of hiring mooks, just swap out "clone the Stormtroopers" with "Mind-control them with chips". No wonder they're so crap at their job, each time we see them...

Dread Kaiser
5th October 2015, 03:44 AM
Ah, so Security Dude is employing a variant to the Darth Sidious method of hiring mooks, just swap out "clone the Stormtroopers" with "Mind-control them with chips". No wonder they're so crap at their job, each time we see them...
Huh?
aside from 227 and the retards guarding the facility, security has been frighteningly effective

SynjoDeonecros
5th October 2015, 03:46 AM
Has it? I recall the Lancers getting captured once, but for the rest, it seemed like the duelists could wipe the floor with them, or could outrun/escape them.

Dread Kaiser
5th October 2015, 05:34 AM
Has it? I recall the Lancers getting captured once, but for the rest, it seemed like the duelists could wipe the floor with them, or could outrun/escape them.

Ehhh, no
Yugo barely won, against 227
They were kicking Yuya and selenas ass, after oneshotting Sawatari when Crow had to come and save them.
Then they captured everyone else
then the capture corps nearly beat everyone, again, only losing because Deus Ex Rise Falcon VS Established field. only for them to be captured again (til deus ex Council saved them)
Then Yuya nearly lost to 227 too

Discounting 227 and the facility idiots, they only lost to Rise Falcon. and even then only the duel as they recaptured them instantly afterwards

That is an amazing track record for a squad of faceless mooks

Now compare to 5D's security where they.......uhhhh caught Kalin in the backstory? hauled of the Wisel Tablet?....yeah

Cheesedude
5th October 2015, 03:17 PM
Actually Selena beat her opponent with Cat Dancer. But other than that, yes, what he said.

Dread Kaiser
5th October 2015, 03:55 PM
oh whoops
only remembered them all being screwed til Crow made his big scene

SynjoDeonecros
5th October 2015, 04:19 PM
My mistake, then, I haven't been watching Arc-V as diligently as I should.

Sakuya
6th October 2015, 01:28 AM
Recap episodes are always pretty bad. At least Reiji's "you think too small" to roger was pretty good.

Charly Ruri Raptors
6th October 2015, 01:57 AM
Really like the new op and ed., also apparently the duels will now take place outside the stadium which is pretty neat i think.

Zarkiel
6th October 2015, 03:35 AM
Even though this was a clip show, I actually enjoyed it. It cleared up some of the reasoning behind roger and the council behind their actions. I like that roger could be forced into working with academia. hinting at the future perhaps.

Hope in the Interstice
6th October 2015, 03:37 AM
Even though this was a clip show, I actually enjoyed it. It cleared up some of the reasoning behind roger and the council behind their actions. I like that roger could be forced into working with academia. hinting at the future perhaps.
To be honest, I feel that the reasoning could've been explained in the episode proper. I mean, Jean was a hologram appearing before the Council loudly admitting his intentions. It was the perfect opportunity for White Taki or someone to say "Oh, we knew that."