PDA

View Full Version : Arc-V Finale Speculation

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
4th October 2015, 10:10 PM
Exactly what is says on the tin. What do you think will happen? What would you like to see happen?

I'd like to see a legitimately shitty (or at least bittersweet, heavy on the bitter) ending, in stark contrast to the other YGO endings. Arc-V has been outside the box to an extent, but I think that they'd go that far, although it is fun to think about. This is a scenario I'd find interesting:

In the Xyz Dimension, having been so war-wracked by Academia, vow to never allow such atrocity to occur again. From the ashes of the Resistance, a new organization is formed, to protect their dimension from possible future threats. The Kurosaki siblings raise a new generation of duelists to recognize that dueling is war, and in order to prevent the tragedy that struck them before, they must be trained as soldiers to destroy all who seek to harm them. Heartland never gets its smiles back; instead, in an eerie shadow of Academia's footsteps, the Xyz dimension forms a duelist army. Fortunately, defense is their primary concern, not expansionism. At least, for now...

In the Synchro Dimension, the City is embroiled in civil war, Tops scrambling to maintain a degree of order, and Commons rioting violently, with Shinji in the thick of it. Crow, on the other hand, grows distant from his friend; while he is by no means a support of Tops, he does not want the children to become involved with the conflict, and thus tries to keep them safe and out of the way. Her dreams of moving up the social ladder shattered, Rin becomes a notorious D-Wheeler, a rogue without any true affiliation.

In the Fusion Dimension, in order to prevent organizations similar to Academia from reemerging, Serena assumes leadership, and outlaws dueling entirely, save for a small cabal of hand-picked duelists under her will. The dimension itself has been laid to waste as a result of the counter-invasion, and the population post-war does not exactly prosper under Serena's near-tyrannical reign. Any of Academia's survivors are imprisoned for life.

In the Standard Dimension, Reiji attempts to maintain a balance between the four dimensions, however the relationship is tenuous at best, and more often than not he's outright dismissed. The Leo Corporation gets a rename for obvious reasons, though it maintains its global dueling monopoly. Yuya is the last Yu standing, the other three gone for good. He never finds any trace of his father. Horrifically traumatized, he vows never to touch cards ever again. Despite Yuzu's best efforts, he never recovers from his miserable state.

White Hollow
4th October 2015, 10:13 PM
I think it's too early for this, we're missing too many plot points to guess such a thing but I think in the end all dimensions will become one and all counterparts will merge.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
4th October 2015, 10:16 PM
I think it's too early for this, we're missing too many plot points to guess such a thing but I think in the end all dimensions will become one and all counterparts will merge.

That only means that outrageous guess have minimally more credibility. Besides, it's just as much for fun thought experiments as it is for legitimate predictions.

Mystic TimeKeeper
4th October 2015, 10:17 PM
Dimension merging is something I feel like excluding, but I really hope all the plan of Leo Akaba is something he devised to contrast Yusho's ambition.

I really wish for the final battle to be Yuya VS Yusho.

White Hollow
4th October 2015, 10:22 PM
I really wish for the final battle to be Yuya VS Yusho.

The last duel is a departure duel in the series so far(Yugi vs Atem, Jaden vs Yugi, Yusei vs Jack, Yuma vs Astral)... since all of them have to do with departing... I wonder who Yuya will duel... Yusho would be interesting

Mystic TimeKeeper
4th October 2015, 10:30 PM
The last duel is a departure duel in the series so far(Yugi vs Atem, Jaden vs Yugi, Yusei vs Jack, Yuma vs Astral)... since all of them have to do with departing... I wonder who Yuya will duel... Yusho would be interesting

I didn't mean the the final battle as the last duel, but as the final boss. I envisioned something like:

Akaba Leo and Sakaki Yuusho tries to awaken something that will grant power over all the dimensions so they can bring eternal order and peace. But the Power is too strong to be handled so Leo tries to back off, but Yuusho, intoxicated by the Entity, decides to get rid of Leo and reign over the universe alone.

The problem is when Leo actually survives and starts his counterattack. To contrast Yusho he creates Academia in order to unite the dimensions and find the bracelets that will make him able to seal the Entity (I believe carded people are used as an energy source, so invading dimensions and carding people is needed to actually build the seal and the 4 bracelets with their maidens will be the keys to the seal).

Sadly sealing stuff always fails in anime, and Yuya, possessing part of the power of the Entity (the Pendulum and the 4 Dragons) will face his now insane father, Yusho, to save the universe.

Just an hypotesis but I'd like something like that.

White Hollow
4th October 2015, 10:32 PM
I didn't mean the the final battle as the last duel, but as the final boss. I envisioned something like:

Akaba Leo and Sakaki Yuusho tries to awaken something that will grant power over all the dimensions so they can bring eternal order and peace. But the Power is too strong to be handled so Leo tries to back off, but Yuusho, intoxicated by the Entity, decides to get rid of Leo and reign over the universe alone.

The problem is when Leo actually survives and starts his counterattack. To contrast Yusho he creates Academia in order to unite the dimensions and find the bracelets that will make him able to seal the Entity (I believe carded people are used as an energy source, so invading dimensions and carding people is needed to actually build the seal and the 4 bracelets with their maidens will be the keys to the seal).

Sadly sealing stuff always fails in anime, and Yuya, possessing part of the power of the Entity (the Pendulum and the 4 Dragons) will face his now insane father, Yusho, to save the universe.

Just an hypotesis but I'd like something like that.

So it turns out Akaba Leo was good all along =D I like that idea but I can't see Yusho as the evil guy... although I see him helping out in the end. But it would be a pleasant surprise if they turn the tables on us.

Devocrown
4th October 2015, 10:35 PM
I can imagine the ceremonial duel between Yuya and Yuzu

White Hollow
4th October 2015, 10:37 PM

Sigh... now I do too

Mystic TimeKeeper
4th October 2015, 10:39 PM
So it turns out Akaba Leo was good all along =D I like that idea but I can't see Yusho as the evil guy... although I see him helping out in the end. But it would be a pleasant surprise if they turn the tables on us.

More than good, he would be bad but reasonable enough to not awaken something he has no way to control, whereas Yusho got "drunk with power" and he can't yhink straight anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought since the start that in the last duel Yuya and Reiji would settle their score.

Besides, a girl doing such an important job? Too good to actually happen.

ScionStorm
4th October 2015, 11:02 PM
While I expect a raid on Academia, I want to see the final battle of the war waged amidst the destroyed ruins of Heartland in the Xyz dimension.

Cheesedude
5th October 2015, 12:28 AM
The four Yuyas are revealed to be the four pieces of some kind of primordial destruction god. The four Yuzus are the four pieces of a creation goddess. They were split by the goddess along with the four dimensions in order to contain the god's power, with her other gambit being the hope that the counterparts would actually grow close to one another.

The final duel is Full!Yuya vs. Full!Yuzu. Yuya is berserk and destroying stuff for most of the duel, but the bond each Yuya had with each Yuzu (hopefully) eventually counteracts this and the duel is able to end peacefully.

Then they choose to just go back to the way things were in Standard - Yuya's memories of godhood are erased again and then he duels Reiji because rival.

KingKaash
5th October 2015, 09:15 PM
I have a feeling that there's gonna be a tag duel of Reiji and Yuya (with Yuto residing inside him) vs Leo Akaba at some point. Reiji will lose halfway through the duel and it'll be up to Yuya to takedown Leo. But it would be more interesting to see Reiji and Reira duel against Leo while Yuya duels against Yuri for the conclusion of the Fusion Dimension.

Dio
6th October 2015, 08:51 PM
>Leo want to unite the worlds because when the worlds are together they actually are the original series
>Leo is really tired of some shit he only want to see Yugi

Jokes aside, he probably want to unite the worlds to make a Super Fusion Demon Deity that will give him unlimited power to rule the whole world.
This or he'll be a villan just like Z-One. Which could be defeated just like Goodwin in 5D's (except for the D-Wheel stuff) with Yuya pulling out the ultimate Pendulum evolution.

Blue
12th October 2015, 03:33 PM
with Yuya pulling out the ultimate Pendulum evolution.

Which is a Pendulum, Fusion, Xyz, Synchro monster.

But not a ritual.

Thus leading people to complain about it.

Passerby
18th October 2015, 05:52 AM
Four Part Big Finish. Basically, a finale consisting of four major duels. The structure of this finale is similar to Zexal's Don Thousand - Shark - Astral build up, but with one last duel. This structure goes: a duelist who goes solely by the name "The Magician" (Actually Yusho warped by Fusion's darkness with no memory of who he was) - Leo Akaba - Fully Fused Supreme King Yuya - Reiji *Ends similar to GX's ambiguous finish with Yuya's catch phrase*

As a footnote: Yuya loses the godly power to make Pendulum cards after the magic pendulum shatters in the Supreme King Yuya duel. He has to rely on what he has / whatever Leo Corp releases to the public now. He also returns the dimensional dragons to his counterparts upon saying their goodbyes. He keeps the combination forms Odd-Eyes made for himself. He gets Vortex, Meteorburst, and Absolute as replacements, and now wears a pendulum he had made to look like his old one (just without the magic in it).

Sotavento
18th October 2015, 07:22 AM
Shun has to lose by the hands of Yuri.

Gongenzaka has to duel Dennis.

Sawatari has to get rekt by the plot again.

Serena's gotta destroy the Slifer Force.

Sora needs to duel Yuya one last time.

Tsukikage NEEDS TO WIN A GAME FOR ONCE.

Reiji is gonna duel Leo.

Yugo is gonna duel Yuri, and the latter will defeat him.

Reira has to actually wreck some shit in the final arc.

idk.

KingKaash
21st October 2015, 09:33 PM
Reiji is gonna duel Leo.

Reira has to actually wreck some shit in the final arc.

idk.

It pisses me off that Reiji and Reira haven't dueled in forever, especially Reiji. Like if you're the captain of the Lancers and you have to show the strength of the Lancers to win people over in the Synchro Dimension then take part in Friendship Cup and crush the competition. I'm sure he'd lose to Jack Atlas but that's a different story...

Voltanis The Adjudicator
28th October 2015, 02:29 AM
Less than a week isn't necroing, right? Good.
Personally, I think the Big Bad will be someone we haven't seen yet, a la Don Thousand or some shit. Having Leo actually be the Big Bad would be waaaaaaaaaaay too obvious, Arc-V is definitely going to subvert that in a way similar to Dr. Faker. A straight-up power-mad mortal has never been the final villain, from Zorc to Darkness to Z-One who is a cyborg with "good intentions" to DonK. Having Leo be behind it all would be a step down. So it's gotta' be something higher, something more outside, probably whatever evil is lurking in Yuya like Cheesedude said. I want to believe in his ending because it sounds really good, but that might be expecting a bit too much out of the writers. One thing I doubt is that Yusho will be evil, ever since 5Ds and definitely ZeXal, fathers are always in the right.

ChaseLumsden
8th November 2015, 03:24 AM
Honestly We're too early for the conclusion of ARC-V, seeing that we still don't understand most of the plot yet. Yes, we know Leo wants the World to be as one (AKA End of the world), but we don't know how he's gonna do it, we don't don't know why he want fours identical-looking lolis, Yuri exists for reasons unknown, and Yuya absorbed Yuto, meaning that he's also extremely important, as well as the fact that we don't know if this is permanent or that Yuto (and maybe Yugo and Yuri if they do get absorbed by them a la Kingdom Hearts) will remain within Yuya or they may have a chance to e reborn? There's just too little on our plates at this moment to be thinking about the end, but hey, you gave it a decent shot. A darker ending sounds cool, but also a good one at that.

ScionStorm
8th November 2015, 03:37 AM
I have a loose theory that Yuya and his duplicates are analogues to the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse and their dragons are representations the their steeds. Some of this theory makes sense but other parts get lost, especially since Yuri's deck hasn't been revealed. And that's why it's only a loose theory.

But short explanation:
Yuya/Horseman of War,
Yuto/Horseman of Death,
Yugo/Horseman of Famine,
Yuri/Horseman of Conquest.

The part that gets lost is the specific color of the horses. For Yuya, it works. War rides in on a Red Horse. Unfortunately, Death's horse is green. Although, interestingly enough- Pendulum represented by the joining of Red and Green (Yuya and Yuto are fused). Yugo's Famine however is supposed to ride in on a Black Horse... And Yuri's Conquest rides the White horse.

Volteccer
14th November 2015, 04:20 PM
Reiji will take on his father, and lose. To avenge Reiji, and to stop the Professor's plans from coming to fruition (which would spell doom for the world), Yuya will challenge him to a duel. By this point, Yuya has absorbed Yugo and Yuri, and he will have all four Dimensional Dragons out at once. He will then tribute them to summon the final Odd-Eyes monster: Odd-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, the only true nomi monster of the archtype. Yuya will win, and will separate from the other three, and everyone who was carded will return to normal. Happy ending.