PDA

View Full Version : LINK VRAINS Pack: What NEEDS support?

Megamaw
9th September 2017, 03:07 AM
Okay. This pack, from what I understand, is supposed to help decks adjust to the VRAINS era/Master Rules 4/Link Rules.

What do YOU think needs support to function? What decks do you think NEED IT THE MOST?

Remember, archetypes that debuted in the anime, like D/Ds, are not getting support in this pack.

I personally think Igknights need support the most. They literally can't do their main play/strategy post MR4.

Sanokal
9th September 2017, 03:48 AM
I wanted to say D/Ds...damn you Konami.

Evols. Otherwise you're sitting on a paperweight after negating.

Karakuri

Metalfoes

Dinomist

Basically most Pendulum stuff. Qli have Qlimate Change.

Jeez, there's a lot less when you remove anime stuff...

Super Quant

Tellarknights

J. D. Guy
9th September 2017, 03:53 AM
To begin, do note that a Burning Abyss Link Monster(s) and a Gladiator Beast Link Monster(s) are already confirmed by the official Japanese site to be included among the support.

There's a rumor about some stuff getting support. It's seemingly tied into the new OCG Banlist. Who can say what the validity of it is.

Themes for LINK VRAINS PACK:
• Tellarknight
• Shaddoll
• Atlantean
• Lightsworn
• Ghostrick
• Laval

Reprints in LINK VRAINS PACK:
• Tellarknight Ptolemaeus (w/ Errata)
• El Shaddoll Construct
• Atlantean Dragoons
• Lavalval Chain
• Charge of the Light Brigade
• Ghostrick Dullahan

Megamaw
9th September 2017, 04:07 AM
quants, i agree with. xyz decks can't just revive their monsters like other ED types can.

d/ds almost certainly are one of the arc-v archetypes that does NOT NEED ANY LINK SUPPORT AT ALL.

literally at least 6 of their fucking extra deck monsters have revival effects. it's not a deck that can't adapt. will you have to change the list a little? sure, but it wasn't a deck that heavily relied on shit that couldn't be revived anyways.

people who tell me "d/ds need more support because they used the extra deck a lot!" are becoming common and i'm honestly starting to wonder if you guys actually have TRIED the deck post-vrains.

dinomist, according to my friends who play it, actually are doing super well compared to other pendulum decks. dinomist charge helps replenish your hand for better pend summons. seems pretty good still.

metalfoes are basically a more different igknights, but they don't rely solely on the pendulum summon.

karakuri? yeah, i can see how that might be a problem, but i dont play the deck nearly enough to say for sure.

tellars and evols, sure, but idk if giving them link monsters is gonna help with that problem much, since i dunno if they can swarm enough for it to be worth it.

sorry if i'm being weird for replying like this, sanokai but like, y'know. just adding in my two cents.

Sanokal
9th September 2017, 04:44 AM
quants, i agree with. xyz decks can't just revive their monsters like other ED types can.

d/ds almost certainly are one of the arc-v archetypes that does NOT NEED ANY LINK SUPPORT AT ALL.

literally at least 6 of their fucking extra deck monsters have revival effects. it's not a deck that can't adapt. will you have to change the list a little? sure, but it wasn't a deck that heavily relied on shit that couldn't be revived anyways.

people who tell me "d/ds need more support because they used the extra deck a lot!" are becoming common and i'm honestly starting to wonder if you guys actually have TRIED the deck post-vrains.

dinomist, according to my friends who play it, actually are doing super well compared to other pendulum decks. dinomist charge helps replenish your hand for better pend summons. seems pretty good still.

metalfoes are basically a more different igknights, but they don't rely solely on the pendulum summon.

karakuri? yeah, i can see how that might be a problem, but i dont play the deck nearly enough to say for sure.

tellars and evols, sure, but idk if giving them link monsters is gonna help with that problem much, since i dunno if they can swarm enough for it to be worth it.

sorry if i'm being weird for replying like this, sanokai but like, y'know. just adding in my two cents.

Nah, all good (except for getting my name wrong, that's an "l" at the end. Everyone seems to do that.)

In terms of Karakuri, their big plays consist of their multiple synchro monsters going off.

I say D/Ds largely because it can seem as if the TCG just likes to kick them in the nuts and because having all extra deck monsters is kinda their shtick more than their capabilities. Just gives 'em more options than their common opening.

Volteccer
9th September 2017, 02:18 PM
Qlis are getting a Link. I really hope it works for any pendulum.

Dread Kaiser
9th September 2017, 05:21 PM
ZEFRA
and it's composite Archetypes by extent
Also D/Ds, it's their entire Shtick.....but all GO support here

Megamaw
11th September 2017, 01:27 AM

>Ragnarok
>Alexander
>High Alexander
>Genghis
>High Genghis

i think you'll live, somehow. the deck still functions perfectly fine, and can go into link monsters on its own perfectly fine anyways.

Dread Kaiser
11th September 2017, 05:56 AM
>Ragnarok
>Alexander
>High Alexander
>Genghis
>High Genghis

i think you'll live, somehow. the deck still functions perfectly fine, and can go into link monsters on its own perfectly fine anyways.

TCG don't have High Genghis and High Alexander is crap. and if you want to go that route, than this entire pack is pointless as anything that would want their own Links doesn't need them because generic ones already exist.

J. D. Guy
11th September 2017, 01:23 PM
D/Ds aren't even in the running because they are Anime original.

This packs only supporting Decks that are game original.

Dread Kaiser
11th September 2017, 02:49 PM
D/Ds aren't even in the running because they are Anime original.

This packs only supporting Decks that are game original.

yeah, we know. doesn't mean they can't want Links

ZEFRA
and it's composite Archetypes by extent

BBDD
11th September 2017, 04:13 PM
That's true for a LOT of decks. Peaple is just scared because the old combos are not possible anymore and they claim that "Master Rule 5 killed my deck!", without even trying giving it a run.
For example, I've updated my Buster Blader deck for Link format and it's just as good as before. I can "consistently" (as much as a Buster Blader deck can be) summon RDA Bane, summon Abyss and 3 tuners with their effects, and then go for links. Lots of peaple claimed my deck was dead, and I've proven them wrong.

I really hope they're gonna support OLDER themes with this pack. First/Second Duel Terminal generations (Worms, Ice Barriers, Laval...) really deserve more supports, and not only because they need link monsters per se, but also because they need new cards.
I also hope Mecha Phantom Beasts get their link. It'd work wonderfully with their token strategy, and they really need a consistent token-generator outside of the main trio (Raptor, Wolf, Harrliard) and Aerial Recharge.

J. D. Guy
12th September 2017, 11:54 PM
I really hope they're gonna support OLDER themes with this pack. First/Second Duel Terminal generations (Worms, Ice Barriers, Laval...) really deserve more supports, and not only because they need link monsters per se, but also because they need new cards.
I also hope Mecha Phantom Beasts get their link. It'd work wonderfully with their token strategy, and they really need a consistent token-generator outside of the main trio (Raptor, Wolf, Harrliard) and Aerial Recharge.

Mecha Phantom Beasts would be an obvious shoe-in.

I still wonder how accurate that rumor is? It doesn't mention Burning Abyss and Gladiator Beasts, which were already confirmed, but it did name Qli before Twitter did. Granted, the latter could have been a lucky break.

Megamaw
13th September 2017, 01:23 AM
buster blader and RDAs do have a lot of revival stuff too! it's nice.

but the point isn't 'they have things they can do to go around it', the point is 'they have FIVE MONSTERS TO CIRCUMVENT IT', most of which being EASILY summoned from the extra deck.

D/Ds have had an insane amount of good support, and i think other archetypes deserve something, too. you can want links, just don't complain that D/Ds 'deserve' it.

there are plenty of archetypes that still need support for this new era to function on even the MOST BASIC OF LEVELS, the most egregious of examples here being ignknights, which can without hyperbole, literally do jack shit, as their main gimmick, popping themselves to set up for a huge pendulum summon, isn't really a thing with the new pendulum summon rules.

fusion/synchro heavy decks don't need it nearly as much as say, an xyz-heavy deck. xyz monsters have no materials when revived, so the best option here is to either replenish those materials, or just summon them to linked zones. any xyz deck that likes having more than one xyz monster out at a time are also a good pick.

quants, maybe geargias? tellars, lswarm. inzektors and digital bugs? hieratics.

trying to think of non-anime Xyz decks, because there's a lot of zexal era anime ones that could use help, too, and i get confused.

there's also decks that lack swarming power that links demand, but would really like more than one Extra Deck monster. stuff like Battlin' Boxers(not eligible for this pack).

and thirdly, pendulum decks that were designed around pendulum summoning from the ED. igknights.

these three should be focused on for new support before an archetype as well-supported and still as good as Declan's Devious Dudes.

Sanokal
13th September 2017, 05:33 AM
buster blader and RDAs do have a lot of revival stuff too! it's nice.

but the point isn't 'they have things they can do to go around it', the point is 'they have FIVE MONSTERS TO CIRCUMVENT IT', most of which being EASILY summoned from the extra deck.

D/Ds have had an insane amount of good support, and i think other archetypes deserve something, too. you can want links, just don't complain that D/Ds 'deserve' it.

there are plenty of archetypes that still need support for this new era to function on even the MOST BASIC OF LEVELS, the most egregious of examples here being ignknights, which can without hyperbole, literally do jack shit, as their main gimmick, popping themselves to set up for a huge pendulum summon, isn't really a thing with the new pendulum summon rules.

fusion/synchro heavy decks don't need it nearly as much as say, an xyz-heavy deck. xyz monsters have no materials when revived, so the best option here is to either replenish those materials, or just summon them to linked zones. any xyz deck that likes having more than one xyz monster out at a time are also a good pick.

quants, maybe geargias? tellars, lswarm. inzektors and digital bugs? hieratics.

trying to think of non-anime Xyz decks, because there's a lot of zexal era anime ones that could use help, too, and i get confused.

there's also decks that lack swarming power that links demand, but would really like more than one Extra Deck monster. stuff like Battlin' Boxers(not eligible for this pack).

and thirdly, pendulum decks that were designed around pendulum summoning from the ED. igknights.

these three should be focused on for new support before an archetype as well-supported and still as good as Declan's Devious Dudes.

The only thing that I took from that was that excellent acronym.

Megamaw
13th September 2017, 08:02 AM
The only thing that I took from that was that excellent acronym.

i ramble a lot. i need new meds for my shit brain. i apologize in advance for my scatterbrained rants.

Sanokal
13th September 2017, 10:08 AM
i ramble a lot. i need new meds for my shit brain. i apologize in advance for my scatterbrained rants.

Don't apologize, it's all good fun.

J. D. Guy
9th October 2017, 07:43 AM
Another rumor batch. This one's been out for about a week, but I'm just now posted it here. The translation comes from NeoArkadia, as is usual. (He doesn't come here anymore, I guess.)

Normal Standard of "Might be truth but also surronded by a ton of bull****" and backed by some truth:

Dude claimed Guiding Light and Ties of the Brethren would be in Wave of Light.

He's also claimed back in late August:
- New "C" related card
- New Archfiend related card (for note this could easily be Vector Square Archfiend)
- New Noble Knight card (Glory of the Noble Knights)
- New Ghostrick card (Ghostrick Reform)

3 Days ago, he claimed the following (and lol if Italian YGO tries to pedal this as truth):

LINK VRAINS Pack:

Included Themes:
- Archfiend
- lswarm
- Gem-Knight
- Hieratic
- Prophecy
- Madolche
- Noble Knight
- Shaddoll
- Zefra
- Metalfoes
- Invoked

Reprints:
- Gem-Knight Seraphinite
- Evilswarm Kerykeion
- Spellbook of Secrets
- Madolche Queen Tiaramisu
- Noble Knight Medraut
- El Shaddoll Winda
- Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
- Aleister the Invoker

Source: http://neoarkcradle.net/forum/showth...1171#pid451171

Original Source: https://twitter.com/mZiS3gwzN2Ogtts

Any thoughts?

If true, these 11 plus the 3 we know make 14 known themes. That would leave 6 of 20 unaccounted for.

Sanokal
9th October 2017, 08:24 AM
Another rumor batch. This one's been out for about a week, but I'm just now posted it here. The translation comes from NeoArkadia, as is usual. (He doesn't come here anymore, I guess.)

Any thoughts?

If true, these 11 plus the 3 we know make 14 known themes. That would leave 6 of 20 unaccounted for.

Hmm...I'm VERY doubtful on anything from DT because we'd have to see how they'd all fit into the lore.

Dread Kaiser
9th October 2017, 02:16 PM
Hmm...I'm VERY doubtful on anything from DT because we'd have to see how they'd all fit into the lore.

Remember how all the DT2 sets (Gishkis, Vylon, Gemknights etc) Got Xyz when they came out?

Sanokal
9th October 2017, 03:38 PM
Remember how all the DT2 sets (Gishkis, Vylon, Gemknights etc) Got Xyz when they came out?

That was still part of the current story at the time, whereas this is after a story at the moment.

Volteccer
9th October 2017, 03:50 PM
Also some of them got new support when they showed up in the anime.

J. D. Guy
9th October 2017, 05:08 PM

Yeah, I sincerely suspect that can do some fudging with the lore to justify support for those Decks. Kinda like with Arc-V Julia's new Gem-Knights.

Also some of them got new support when they showed up in the anime.

Bingo. Namely, the aforementioned Julia's new Gem-Knights.

Sanokal
9th October 2017, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I sincerely suspect that can do some fudging with the lore to justify support for those Decks. Kinda like with Arc-V Julia's new Gem-Knights.

Bingo. Namely, the aforementioned Julia's new Gem-Knights.

That at least had some working in; namely Lapis.

Volteccer
9th October 2017, 06:13 PM
Yeah, but Constellar meteor has absolutely no flavor connection (and only a tenous mechanical connection) to the rest of the deck.

J. D. Guy
9th October 2017, 06:55 PM
Yeah, but Constellar meteor has absolutely no flavor connection (and only a tenous mechanical connection) to the rest of the deck.

Same/similar for Constellar Twinkle, Saber's Reflect, and Gottoms' Second Call.

(This forum's multiquote feature is wack...)

Erickdsl
9th October 2017, 07:15 PM
Qliphort is a duel terminal archetype and they already have support confirmed in this pack...

Sanokal
9th October 2017, 07:48 PM
Qliphort is a duel terminal archetype and they already have support confirmed in this pack...

That's right. Excellent point.

Maybe it'll be like PRIO then. After the end and all that.

J. D. Guy
13th October 2017, 07:27 AM
And here's a last minute rumor that supposedly lists all 20 themes.

http://neoarkcradle.net/forum/showth...2484#pid452484

Quote:
1. Burning Abyss
2. Gladiator Beast
3. Qliphort
4. Lightsworn
5. Archfiend
6. lswarm
7. Gem-Knight
8. Hieratic
9. Noble Knight
10. Prophecy
11. Madolche
12. Shaddoll
13. Zefra
14. Metalfoes
15. Invoked
16. Ritual Beast
17. Crystron
18. Mermail
19. Aromage
20. Inzektor

The Links are the Super and Ultra Rare Cards.

Sanokal
13th October 2017, 08:21 AM
Hmm...
You know what? If that's true, those are all darn good candidates. Shaddolls I doubt, but for the deck's sake I hope that it's true, since it could mean Construct being unbanned.

BBDD
13th October 2017, 09:39 PM
And here's a last miniute rumor that supposedly lists all 20 themes.
20 themes, not a single one I play.
I' hope that rumor is just a rumor lol

Megamaw
14th October 2017, 05:37 PM
none of these leaks say igknight

i swear to christ konami you have ONE JOB

J. D. Guy
14th October 2017, 05:50 PM

I mean, techinically not really.

Still, if there is a Metalfoes Link, maybe it can double as an Igknight Link, too.

Volteccer
14th October 2017, 05:50 PM

What if the metalfoes one needs FIRE normal monsters and rewards you when things in your pendulum zone get destroyed? Until we know what they need and what they do, I'm not going to judge these choices.

Megamaw
14th October 2017, 10:22 PM
i think a fire warrior maindeck monster would be ideal, since that's what igknights search. giving them stuff that helps make their plays viable that can be searched would be nice.

J. D. Guy
16th October 2017, 05:43 AM
So then, I guess that gives serious weight to the "rumor".

Very much look forward to the Noble Knight, Prophecy, Zefra, and Aromage Links, especially with what we've been revealed with so far and how awesome it all is. :)

BBDD
16th October 2017, 09:12 PM
Since the rumors seem to be true, here's what I hope will come next:
- Aromage: decent generic Plant supporter, for Aromage (of course), Sylvan, Naturia.
- Inzector: insect support for Inzektor and Digital Bug.
- Zefra: multi-extra deck summon supporter, meant to support decks like Zefra, DDD, Lovecraft Gods that summon fusion, synchro, xyz and pendulum all together.
- The Lswarm as generic DARK support and Archfiend as fiend support.

We also have Shaddoll, Gem-Knights, Ritual Beast and Invoked, at least one of them will be generic fusion support (probably the Invoked or Shaddoll ones, since their decks are the more generic out of them all).

Archsorcerer
17th October 2017, 02:57 PM
Morgan Le Fay for the Noble Knights?

J. D. Guy
18th October 2017, 04:45 AM
Morgan Le Fay for the Noble Knights?

It would likely need to have Noble Knight in her name, but maybe.

Archsorcerer
18th October 2017, 06:15 PM
Morgan, rival of the noble knights?

J. D. Guy
19th October 2017, 12:45 AM
Morgan, rival of the noble knights?

That could work, yes! :)

Archsorcerer
19th October 2017, 05:23 AM
From wikipedia:

Through magic and mortal means, Morgan tries to undermine virtue, destroy Arthur's rule and achieve Guinevere's downfall whenever she can, most famously in the Post-Vulgate Suite du Merlin where she arranges (in conspiracy with Sir Damas) for her devoted lover Sir Accolon of Gaul to obtain the enchanted sword Excalibur and use it against Arthur in single combat. Failing in this, Morgan steals Excalibur's protective scabbard

I can see Morgan as a Link 2 and the scabbard and sword depicted in the art as the Link arrows.

Likely giving or attaching an equip spell to a Noble Knight at a pointed zone. Hopefully a little more generic and other warriors can use her.

Morgan of the Gouki :P

Megamaw
20th October 2017, 06:17 AM
this thread, if you haven't noticed, is everyone having a rational conversation while megamaw screams about igknights

thank you for your time.

lots of cool cards so far tho!

Archsorcerer
4th October 2018, 05:16 PM
The fae has landed. :)

SOFU-EN089 Morgan, the Enchantress of Avalon
Level 3 DARK Spellcaster Effect Monster
ATK 1300
DEF 1600
When your opponent activates a card or effect, while you control a “Noble Knight” monster and a “Noble Arms” Equip Spell (Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand to the GY; destroy 1 “Noble Are” Equip Spell you control, and if you do, negate the activation. You can only use this effect of “Morgan, the Enchantress of Avalon” once per turn.