PDA

View Full Version : [VRAINS] [SPOILER] General discussion thread

yshipster
9th November 2017, 05:37 PM
Hello fellow people,

I made this thread as a main discussion platform for Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS. You can post here any news, ideas, questions, theories and anything else, as long as you are nice to each other :o.

Please take notice that Spoilers are allowed, so don't say you haven't been warned!

Volteccer
9th November 2017, 06:14 PM
So, how is everyone liking the series so far? I think we could stand for a few more one-episode duels for more minor foes, like Genome, since I filly expect him to not do much more dueling. He feels like more of a behind the scenes guy.

yshipster
9th November 2017, 07:38 PM
So, how is everyone liking the series so far? I think we could stand for a few more one-episode duels for more minor foes, like Genome, since I filly expect him to not do much more dueling. He feels like more of a behind the scenes guy.

The way Genome said that Go will regret defeating him I'm actually sure that we'll see him again in the future.

I think VRAINS is actually good so far, I guess it is one of the best stories without a tournament so far (exspecially compared to the desaster Arc-V became after there wasn't a tournament anymore). Although I still think that the soundtrack feels more generic than Arc-V's, which actually amplified the tone of the most scenes (but I'm always more focused on the soundtrack than other people, so I guess it bothers me more than others). I like Yusaku and the fact that we got some interesting and strong female characters, but right now we actually lack some actual rivals/enemies/antagonists, since Revolver not only hasn't any character, but also wasn't even more than a "bad guy of the week" to Yusaku. Right now I even feel Faust has more character than him.

But I'm looking forward into the series, as the duels seem to be pretty good so far, and they didn't fuck up anything either. Even the annoying guy from Yusaku's school is actually ok.

J. D. Guy
9th November 2017, 09:08 PM
I'll share my thoughts so far about VRAINS later when I've the time to collect them, but I will say I disagree extensively with the idea that Arc-V was "a disaster" in any way. (I've really grown weary of seeing that, especially from more trolling-oriented individuals who just like to complain about everything.)

ScionStorm
16th November 2017, 11:04 AM
Arc-V's third season was less of a "disaster" and more of a truncation problem. It had the clear feeling that when the writers mapped out the season they had expected more episodes to tell the story than they ended up getting and got the notice after production had already begun.

Sanokal
16th November 2017, 04:13 PM
I'll share my thoughts so far about VRAINS later when I've the time to collect them, but I will say I disagree extensively with the idea that Arc-V was "a disaster" in any way. (I've really grown weary of seeing that, especially from more trolling-oriented individuals who just like to complain about everything.)

As have I.

Dark-Shimy
21st December 2017, 05:04 AM
So no one comments about latest episodes. VRAINS is going well. Interesting when Yusaku starts to suspect about Ai after beating Faust, and it looks like it's coming to season 1 end with Hanoi tower. And Specter starts to move on, killing Kitamura and now dueling Aoi. Sad for Ghost Girl's death against Revolver.

yshipster
21st December 2017, 09:20 AM
So no one comments about latest episodes. VRAINS is going well. Interesting when Yusaku starts to suspect about Ai after beating Faust, and it looks like it's coming to season 1 end with Hanoi tower. And Specter starts to move on, killing Kitamura and now dueling Aoi. Sad for Ghost Girl's death against Revolver.

They aren't death until the Tower of Hanoi is actually finished. I mean, as if anyone in Yu-Gi-Oh would actually die...

On another note, I'm quite impressed that Vrains seems to keep up with an actual fast-paced story and without a tournament as a plot device. Also they didn't wait 2,5 seasons until they finally start revealing the main characters mystery, like Arc-V did. Even the characters are somewhat likeable, although Yamamoto + Camerabird and Ai become somewhat annoying. I just wished the higher Hanoi members would have gotten a deeper character and better decks than they got.

J. D. Guy
21st December 2017, 07:39 PM
I've my ups and downs about VRAINS. Coming from Arc-V, I'm not fond of how isolated everyone is from each other, especially with Yusaku, who I feel has gotten too much focus and screen time this early on (lead protagonist or not). I'd like it if the latter would hang with kids his own age, as opposed to Kusanagi, who I feel enables him too much. Even when Arc-V had some characters isolated from others for various reasons, it played it off better and always kept those characters' company; it made it fun, whereas VRAINS kind of makes it tedious if not outright boring-to-irksome.

On another note, the overall lack of Duels this shows has had makes me sad, as does the sheer excess of NDCs or "Non-Duel Characters". That Yusaku was the only one Dueling for the longest time, beating out early Zexal's Yuma (even with the first time someone not named Yusaku was Dueling, he was still Dueling in that episode, and it wasn't until Go Dueled Genome when we finally got a Duel episode that didn't feature Yusaku Dueling in it, 23 episodes in) is really surprising. Couple that with all the non-Duel episodes and the flashback episodes this early on... (Arc-V's non-Duel episodes tended to be more fun or enjoyable, or at least were levied better in their placements.)

That said, I generally enjoy Yusaku when he Duels, even though not so much when he's not, and I've been loving the string of episodes starting with the aforementioned Go versus Genome that have been much more balanced in having Yusaku weave in and out of the backseat and the driver's seat. Go and Blue Angel are immense pleasures to watch when their on-screen, and as I've made mention, I'm quite smitten with Go and his Goukis (never thought I'd be interested in Wrestling, even on a tangent, but here it is).

Last but not least, my favorite episode thus far has to be the one where Naoki finally got some screen time and focus. Kid is an underrated character, and he's certainly been criminally underused. He'd only show up to get his kindness and friendliness towards Yusaku turned around in his face and belittled, making Yusaku an unlikable jerk in the process (which is why I appreciated Naoki sorta blowing up in Yusaku's face in the beginning, for all the good that functionally did, at least), and/or to give him an unsolicited (and also unrewarded) hint about what's going on with the latest goings-on that Naoki knows about that Yusaku wouldn't (a number of Yusaku's leads have come from Naoki this way, but the latter never got created, only more derision).

His focus episode was a thing of beauty, and it was definitely a long time coming. I loved everything about it, from how it took what we already gleamed from him and from his past interactions and fleshed it out to make him an awesome in-universe person who's constantly dismissed and underestimated (including by himself). Even his swagger and bravado against the Knight was on point, because it was counterbalanced by us being shown what he really thought about the situation he was in. Who knew bricking could be so much fun? And an underdog character winning never felt so good! Of particular note is that Naoki kept encouraging himself throughout that episode. Even though he would daydream that Playmaker gave him Cyberse Wizard and the "You can do it!" pep talk, the truth of it is, Naoki was pushing himself, meaning that his strength came from within. An interesting way to play it that's a bit different from the norm, and it showed that Noaki is tougher than he looks.

Plus, his Lonely Brave/Max Brave VRAINS avatar is soooo cool! It looks Megaman/Mighty No. 9/Azure Striker GUNVOLT influenced. Once again, that it took this long to see it is crying shame, but even more so is how long until we see it again.

Depending on how you interpret his bit role in the most recent episode (after having disappeared again after his focus episode...), it seems the writers have functionally written him out of this arc before it even started (less screentime is the last thng the character needs), and possibly even longer depending on how "next generation" is meant to be taken, which I'm not a fan of, prospects-wise.

...So yes. My feeling for VRAINS are mixed, especially after coming off of Arc-V, which I loved to bits.

Dark-Shimy
11th January 2018, 05:32 AM
Brutality against the waifu... I like it.

Constellar28
17th January 2018, 02:25 PM
Spectre's backstory turned out to be spectacular, adding new dimensions to his already phenomenal character.

He was one of the 6 kids involved in the Hanoi Project. His attitude towards it is completely opposed to Yusaku's. He saw it as fun compared to his everyday life. After the kids were saved, Revolver gave Spectre a purpose. Spectre now is completely devoted to him. The tree in his Deck has a significance. It represents the tree that took care of him, that was unfortunately cut down.

Spectre was my favorite character before this episode, and I like him even more because of this episode.

yshipster
17th January 2018, 07:48 PM
Spectre's backstory turned out to be spectacular, adding new dimensions to his already phenomenal character.

He was one of the 6 kids involved in the Hanoi Project. His attitude towards it is completely opposed to Yusaku's. He saw it as fun compared to his everyday life. After the kids were saved, Revolver gave Spectre a purpose. Spectre now is completely devoted to him. The tree in his Deck has a significance. It represents the tree that took care of him, that was unfortunately cut down.

Spectre was my favorite character before this episode, and I like him even more because of this episode.

Wait, wasn't that obvious for weeks now by the episodes' title?

Anyways, I'm not sure about how much I like his character tbh. He just feels like another Vector-like villian, and he lacks any real motives. The backstory of Revolvers father is ok, but was also to be expected. (I'm also pretty sure that Revolver was the guy who bought a hotdog when they stopped before that villa at the beach a few episodes ago). All in all, I'm actually more interested about what happened to the other 4 Lost Incidents atm. Plot armor does the rest for me.

Constellar28
17th January 2018, 08:09 PM
Wait, wasn't that obvious for weeks now by the episodes' title?

Anyways, I'm not sure about how much I like his character tbh. He just feels like another Vector-like villian, and he lacks any real motives. The backstory of Revolvers father is ok, but was also to be expected. (I'm also pretty sure that Revolver was the guy who bought a hotdog when they stopped before that villa at the beach a few episodes ago). All in all, I'm actually more interested about what happened to the other 4 Lost Incidents atm. Plot armor does the rest for me.

I hope after this Arc/Season, the start putting more of a focus on Jin and the other 3 victims.

Volteccer
17th January 2018, 08:13 PM
All in all, I'm actually more interested about what happened to the other 4 Lost Incidents atm.

We know of 3. Specter, Yusaku, and Jin Kusanagi (Shoichi's younger brother). I imagine the other three will also be important.

KingKaash
20th January 2018, 12:15 AM

I remember when they provided introductory info about each character before Vrains even started, I said in a thread here that I would probably like Spectre's character the most. And it turned out to be true. Spectre is my favorite character in this show. His sadistic personality has a reason behind it. Society never cared for him or gave him purpose so he has no attachment to society's destruction. Therefore, he has no mental weakness that could hold him back. So he's not being evil just to be evil. His perspective on the Hanoi Project is so unique & I always like uniqueness over mainstream bad guy vs good guy battles. And his loyalty to Revolver makes sense as Revolver is the only person that provided purpose to him. Plus Spectre is very manipulative which adds to his character. There's depth to him and he's not your classic "I'm a big strong bad guy" so I'm a fan.

I like his grind-it-out style deck too instead of classic dropping strong monsters onto the field and attacking. My only major concern is that he might not continue into the next arc. In the opening song, they have Yusaku, Revolver, Aoi and Go all flying on their Duel Boards but Spectre is no where to be seen. I hope they keep him.

Also when Spectre says Yusaku must've had a good life that's why the Hanoi Project hurt him, Yusaku doesn't say anything. Do we know about Yusaku's childhood? Did he have parents and a loving family that he was kidnapped from? I can't find that info anywhere. And where are his parents now if they were in the show before the Incident?

Comun
22nd January 2018, 03:45 PM
Yusaku did say he lived a normal life and that he was returned to his family when the kids were rescued. I think it's in one of the Akira episodes.

J. D. Guy
1st February 2018, 03:45 AM
Comun, can you/would you translate the flavor text on the updated image of Sunseed Geniun Loci, please?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/e/ef/SunseedGeniusLoci-JP-Anime-VR.png/revision/latest?cb=20180131183324

Yusaku did say he lived a normal life and that he was returned to his family when the kids were rescued. I think it's in one of the Akira episodes.

That's funny, because there's nothing that really reflects that to be true, what with him apparently being ultra latch-key and otherwise not coming off as remotely "normal". We're just left to take Yusaku's word for it.

Comun
1st February 2018, 03:49 PM
Comun, can you/would you translate the flavor text on the updated image of Sunseed Geniun Loci, please?

"A seed that can be harvested from the Sunavalon once every 1000 years. It's said it will become the guardian spirit of its land after 1000 years"

J. D. Guy
2nd February 2018, 08:45 AM
"A seed that can be harvested from the Sunavalon once every 1000 years. It's said it will become the guardian spirit of its land after 1000 years"

Thank you. :)

Interesting! So it seem Genius Loci is meant to be a Sunavalon as a seed.

Dark-Shimy
13th February 2018, 04:18 AM
I got a theory. After watching the episode 38, the 4th recap episode, I noticed at some point that Revolver speaks like Yusaku. While talking to Spectre, Revolver says the known phrase of Yusaku, "Hitotsu..., futatsu..., mitsu...". And when Yusaku started to say "hitotsu..." Revolver already was looking at him like if he already knows where Playmaker comes from, during their Master Duel. My theory is that the one who saved Yusaku of the Lost Incident was Revolver himself...

Now I wonder who really is Ignis... I can't forget his rare attitude when Faust tells Playmaker that Ignis is a problem for the world, and Ignis stops Faust by telling Yusaku to win the Duel.

J. D. Guy
14th February 2018, 10:21 AM
So, I've been anticipating this episode, this Duel, for a while now, and so far it doesn't disappoint.

Super enjoyed seeing high-quality animation used for the Gouki Monsters! Their Summonings, the Link Summonings specifically, were superb, and they all looked great, in all their wrestler muscle, ham and cheese glory! Thunder Ogre was cool as always, but The Great Ogre has never looked better in this show than in this episode, and this episode in turn has given me a better impression of it aesthetic wise. Jet Ogre looked cool, too, but the new Link-2 looked cooler. It destroying Bomber Dragon was epic in its own way, and new guy's grin really brought it to life.

Also... we learn that that Mirror Force-esque card that Ghost Girl ran into that wiped her field in their Duel, which Go knew and thought about before the Duel started, was actually the genuine bonafide Mirror Force.

And I must say, those feelings that stirred in me when Go set up his beautiful field of Gouki Link Monsters for that spectacular finish, only to be run afoul by Mirror Force. Not a new Mirror Force, but the original. Bad memories of it happening to me many a times in the past resurface, as does that filling of utter shocked loss.

Like, in his hype, Go played right into it. Mirror Force is, from an alleged perspective, an "outdated" card, but Link Monsters' mechanics make them particularly vulnerable to the card, so to see Revolver use it as an anti-Link counter just feels like he's trolling. Practical trolling, but trolling nonetheless. And boy did it make the sting burn all the more sharply.

Like, maybe Go did see it coming, and has a countermeasure ready. More than likely though, he's gonna be made to pick up the pieces from where he was left after it resolved. I.e., from an empty field.

And for the next episode, according to the summary, which was backed up by a silhouetted appearance in this episode, Go has a new Ace in the wing. Gouki The Giant Ogre. Looking forward to that, just for appearances by itself. I'm curious if we'll also see Gouki Destroy Ogre like we saw Gouki Crimson Heart? Or is Jet Ogre going to be our game original limit?

Like Blue Angel, it's always treat to see Go Duel. I'd be super happy if this stretched over to a third episode, but based off of what happened so far, I imagine I'll be satisfied even if next episode is the last part of the Duel. Looking forward to when the high quality episode images begin to surface, so we can see what the effects of those 2 new Main Deck Goukis that camoed (but otherwise weren't Summoned) do. I'd like to get a better look at their art, and that of the new Continuous Spell, too.

Dark-Shimy
16th February 2018, 06:16 AM
So, I've been anticipating this episode, this Duel, for a while now, and so far it doesn't disappoint.

Super enjoyed seeing high-quality animation used for the Gouki Monsters! Their Summonings, the Link Summonings specifically, were superb, and they all looked great, in all their wrestler muscle, ham and cheese glory! Thunder Ogre was cool as always, but The Great Ogre has never looked better in this show than in this episode, and this episode in turn has given me a better impression of it aesthetic wise. Jet Ogre looked cool, too, but the new Link-2 looked cooler. It destroying Bomber Dragon was epic in its own way, and new guy's grin really brought it to life.

Also... we learn that that Mirror Force-esque card that Ghost Girl ran into that wiped her field in their Duel, which Go knew and thought about before the Duel started, was actually the genuine bonafide Mirror Force.

And I must say, those feelings that stirred in me when Go set up his beautiful field of Gouki Link Monsters for that spectacular finish, only to be run afoul by Mirror Force. Not a new Mirror Force, but the original. Bad memories of it happening to me many a times in the past resurface, as does that filling of utter shocked loss.

Like, in his hype, Go played right into it. Mirror Force is, from an alleged perspective, an "outdated" card, but Link Monsters' mechanics make them particularly vulnerable to the card, so to see Revolver use it as an anti-Link counter just feels like he's trolling. Practical trolling, but trolling nonetheless. And boy did it make the sting burn all the more sharply.

Like, maybe Go did see it coming, and has a countermeasure ready. More than likely though, he's gonna be made to pick up the pieces from where he was left after it resolved. I.e., from an empty field.

And for the next episode, according to the summary, which was backed up by a silhouetted appearance in this episode, Go has a new Ace in the wing. Gouki The Giant Ogre. Looking forward to that, just for appearances by itself. I'm curious if we'll also see Gouki Destroy Ogre like we saw Gouki Crimson Heart? Or is Jet Ogre going to be our game original limit?

Like Blue Angel, it's always treat to see Go Duel. I'd be super happy if this stretched over to a third episode, but based off of what happened so far, I imagine I'll be satisfied even if next episode is the last part of the Duel. Looking forward to when the high quality episode images begin to surface, so we can see what the effects of those 2 new Main Deck Goukis that camoed (but otherwise weren't Summoned) do. I'd like to get a better look at their art, and that of the new Continuous Spell, too.

Wikia and spoilers says that episode 41 is Playmaker vs Revolver.

J. D. Guy
16th February 2018, 12:31 PM
Wikia and spoilers says that episode 41 is Playmaker vs Revolver.

Yeah, at the time I watched the stream, I hadn't checked Dueldeegao for the Tuesday update, and so had not yet noticed that 41 was Playmaker vs Revolver as you said. Still, Blue Angel and Spectre's Duel was functionally only 2 parts, so Go and Revolver's Duel being 2 parts makes sense.

KingKaash
18th February 2018, 12:49 AM
I got a theory. After watching the episode 38, the 4th recap episode, I noticed at some point that Revolver speaks like Yusaku. While talking to Spectre, Revolver says the known phrase of Yusaku, "Hitotsu..., futatsu..., mitsu...". And when Yusaku started to say "hitotsu..." Revolver already was looking at him like if he already knows where Playmaker comes from, during their Master Duel. My theory is that the one who saved Yusaku of the Lost Incident was Revolver himself...

Now I wonder who really is Ignis... I can't forget his rare attitude when Faust tells Playmaker that Ignis is a problem for the world, and Ignis stops Faust by telling Yusaku to win the Duel.

Interesting theory.

My theory is that these Hanoi experimenters chose these 6 kids and put them through a gauntlet to see who would be strong enough to lead them in their future projects. Revolver, even being Dr. Kogami's son, was one of the 6 children placed in this gauntlet and he proved to be the strongest among the 6 kids. Even stronger than Yusaku. So he was made the leader of Hanoi. Yusaku was let go by that voice (friend who he thinks is still stuck) because he didn't pass the gauntlet and wasn't necessarily saved. The rescuers were probably called by the Hanoi themselves to pick up the kids they didn't need after the Hanoi evacuated. Otherwise why wasn't Faust, Baira and Genome caught when the rescuers came?

Revolver was made aware of some of the other kids in the experiment and noticed Spectre liking the gauntlet. So he sought out Spectre and recruited him back to Hanoi. Revolver is also quoted saying, "You were the one from that incident 10 years ago." so he could be somewhat familiar with Yusaku being in the gauntlet. And also why Revolver uses the 3 observations phrases because he learned it from the same gauntlet as well like Yusaku did.

As for the Ignis, they are 6 AIs include Ai. This theory I don't really believe but the 6 kids were experimented with the 6 Ignis AIs to see how they would respond to each other.

Dark-Shimy
6th March 2018, 05:56 AM
Interesting theory.

My theory is that these Hanoi experimenters chose these 6 kids and put them through a gauntlet to see who would be strong enough to lead them in their future projects. Revolver, even being Dr. Kogami's son, was one of the 6 children placed in this gauntlet and he proved to be the strongest among the 6 kids. Even stronger than Yusaku. So he was made the leader of Hanoi. Yusaku was let go by that voice (friend who he thinks is still stuck) because he didn't pass the gauntlet and wasn't necessarily saved. The rescuers were probably called by the Hanoi themselves to pick up the kids they didn't need after the Hanoi evacuated. Otherwise why wasn't Faust, Baira and Genome caught when the rescuers came?

Revolver was made aware of some of the other kids in the experiment and noticed Spectre liking the gauntlet. So he sought out Spectre and recruited him back to Hanoi. Revolver is also quoted saying, "You were the one from that incident 10 years ago." so he could be somewhat familiar with Yusaku being in the gauntlet. And also why Revolver uses the 3 observations phrases because he learned it from the same gauntlet as well like Yusaku did.

As for the Ignis, they are 6 AIs include Ai. This theory I don't really believe but the 6 kids were experimented with the 6 Ignis AIs to see how they would respond to each other.

Two weeks later now we know some things from last episode. The 6 AIs were created by the Lost Incident, based on the 6 childrens. Playmaker's AI is based on Yusaku himself. Next episode, we will see Revolver's human face. And the next, Yusaku and human Revolver will confront in real world.

Dark-Shimy
11th March 2018, 03:35 AM
I didn't expect another DRAW beetwen Yusaku and Ryoken.

J. D. Guy
11th March 2018, 06:49 AM
I didn't expect another DRAW beetwen Yusaku and Ryoken.

That's something that's never happened before, two characters Dueling each other to a literal, game mechanic Draw more than once. That said, having a moment to marinate over it, it's actually not as surprising as one might think. For one, it follows the patterned president set by their first Duel, which was also a Speed Duel that ended in a Draw, and which in turn will segue into another Master Duel. Second and truthfully, when you think on it, there wasn't much other way the Duel could have ended such that what was set up here could and would be able to continue. Not everything has been settled between them (this was more a prelude, really), and while an inconclusive interruption technically could have also sufficed, it would not have had the same nuance of making them appear evenly matched as a Draw where both powered through using Storm Access -- failing before succeeding with gumption. This way, both characters are made out to be equal to each other when it comes down to it, regardless that Playmaker won during their second Duel.

I know that's a lot of words, but basically, whereas such a president had never been set before in any prior series (Draws are rare, and never, that I can recall, have they happened more than once in a story season), it is, in hindsight, actually a logical one that they Drawed against each other for the second time in a Speed Duel.

KingKaash
12th March 2018, 04:28 AM
Two weeks later now we know some things from last episode. The 6 AIs were created by the Lost Incident, based on the 6 childrens. Playmaker's AI is based on Yusaku himself. Next episode, we will see Revolver's human face. And the next, Yusaku and human Revolver will confront in real world.

I doubted it but it turned out to be true that the 6 Ignis AIs were experimented with the 6 Lost Incident children. Crazy. My original theory of Revolver being in the Lost Incident experimentation to become the leader of Hanoi seems off but I do see Revolver crying as a kid in Ep 43 preview so I'm not ready to call it totally wrong yet.

That's something that's never happened before, two characters Dueling each other to a literal, game mechanic Draw more than once. That said, having a moment to marinate over it, it's actually not as surprising as one might think. For one, it follows the patterned president set by their first Duel, which was also a Speed Duel that ended in a Draw, and which in turn will segue into another Master Duel. Second and truthfully, when you think on it, there wasn't much other way the Duel could have ended such that what was set up here could and would be able to continue. Not everything has been settled between them (this was more a prelude, really), and while an inconclusive interruption technically could have also sufficed, it would not have had the same nuance of making them appear evenly matched as a Draw where both powered through using Storm Access -- failing before succeeding with gumption. This way, both characters are made out to be equal to each other when it comes down to it, regardless that Playmaker won during their second Duel.

I know that's a lot of words, but basically, whereas such a president had never been set before in any prior series (Draws are rare, and never, that I can recall, have they happened more than once in a story season), it is, in hindsight, actually a logical one that they Drawed against each other for the second time in a Speed Duel.

I honestly never expected a draw to happen between Revolver and Playmaker this time. I thought this was the final battle to decide if the Hanoi Project would go off or not. This gives off the vibe to me that something unexpected happened to the writers when they were making this story. I don't think they planned for the duel to not have a decisive winner. I think something must've happened recently for this change in direction. It's crazy actually. But I do like it because I like seeing someone actually reduce Playmaker's LP to 0.

Another thing I can see for sure now is that the Topologic are Revovler's Speed Duel boss monsters and Borrel are his Master Duel boss monsters. I really hope when Revolver and Playmaker duel next time it's a Master Duel.

J. D. Guy
12th March 2018, 06:51 AM
I honestly never expected a draw to happen between Revolver and Playmaker this time. I thought this was the final battle to decide if the Hanoi Project would go off or not. This gives off the vibe to me that something unexpected happened to the writers when they were making this story. I don't think they planned for the duel to not have a decisive winner. I think something must've happened recently for this change in direction. It's crazy actually. But I do like it because I like seeing someone actually reduce Playmaker's LP to 0.

Another thing I can see for sure now is that the Topologic are Revovler's Speed Duel boss monsters and Borrel are his Master Duel boss monsters. I really hope when Revolver and Playmaker duel next time it's a Master Duel.

Following precident, it's most certainly going to be a Master Duel.

Dark-Shimy
13th March 2018, 08:59 PM
Sup, guys.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/6/6d/Revolver.png/revision/latest?cb=20180313115027

J. D. Guy
14th March 2018, 02:21 AM
Judging by the blurb summary of episode 45, Revolver's gonna be Extra Linking during their next Duel.

Dark-Shimy
14th March 2018, 06:03 AM
Now that we are ending season 1, we can assume that season 2 will be about the other childrens in the Lost incident...

Volteccer
14th March 2018, 12:49 PM
Now that we are ending season 1, we can assume that season 2 will be about the other childrens in the Lost incident...

Yeah, I'm going to assume that we're going to find out the other 3 kids soon enough.

Dark-Shimy
14th March 2018, 04:12 PM
So I was right. Revolver was the one that saved Yusaku 10 years ago.

J. D. Guy
15th March 2018, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I'm going to assume that we're going to find out the other 3 kids soon enough.

Kinda hoping Season 2 will be far less insular. You'd have to really love Yusaku, Koulter and AI (and Varis) a whole lot to not let it end up rubbing you the wrong way with how incorrigibly secluded they are, which is how I've been feeling, especially as of this episode. I also hope Noaki will take step up in screentime, if not outright relevancy to the current goings on, even if he has to take the initiative and make himself relevant like he did before, only on a more permanent basis rather than just a "throw the dog a bone" one.

KingKaash
22nd March 2018, 05:03 AM
Following precident, it's most certainly going to be a Master Duel.

I don't get what the point even is of having a Speed Duel when everything is being decided in the Master Duel. And I don't know about others but a Master Duel is more enjoyable to me so I'd be in favor of just getting rid of the Speed Duels. Hopefully the Vrains Reborn will have this update

Comun
22nd March 2018, 12:39 PM
Yeah, the 2 Speed Duels so far have just some basic build-up for the Master Duel by showing Revolver obtaining his newest Topologic monster.

J. D. Guy
26th March 2018, 05:10 AM
I don't get what the point even is of having a Speed Duel when everything is being decided in the Master Duel. And I don't know about others but a Master Duel is more enjoyable to me so I'd be in favor of just getting rid of the Speed Duels. Hopefully the Vrains Reborn will have this update

Foreplay and hype. They're meant to act as preludes.

Comun
28th March 2018, 08:50 PM
Ok, so the newest episode just ended with Yusaku setting Transaction Rollback (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Transaction_Rollback) and the only target available at the moment is Mirror Force... Man, seeing Revolver getting Mirrored is going to be so cathartic.

J. D. Guy
29th March 2018, 01:53 AM
Ok, so the newest episode just ended with Yusaku setting Transaction Rollback (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Transaction_Rollback) and the only target available at the moment is Mirror Force... Man, seeing Revolver getting Mirrored is going to be so cathartic.

The downside? The card looks like its getting banished. Maybe it's after its in the GY, though.

Still, even if it does get played...
Topologic Gumblar Dragon has a 2nd effect that applies while it's Extra Linked.

While this card is Extra Linked, Link Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects.

J. D. Guy
3rd April 2018, 06:59 PM
Cast list for episode 47 is pretty interesting. It seems that it is officially the beginning of the new story arc.

https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2018/04/03/vrains-ep-47-cast-list/

VRAINS Ep 47 Cast List

遊戯王VRAINS「帰ってきたPlaymaker」
Playmakerの活躍で落ち着きを取り戻したものの、「ハノイの騎士」の計画により壊滅的なダメージを 受けていた「LINK VRAINS」。そこでSOLテクノロジー社は、「LINK VRAINS」を再建 し「新生LINK VRAINS」を公開する。生まれ変わったデュエルの世界に人々は歓声を上げ、再び活気 に満ち溢れる。しかし、その「新生LINK VRAINS」では、ネットワークを救ったはずのPlayma kerに懸賞金がかけられていた…。

出演者(1)
藤木遊作/Playmaker:石毛翔弥
Ai:櫻井孝宏
草薙翔一:木村昴
島直樹/ブレイヴ・マックス:沢城千春
財前葵/ブルーエンジェル:中島由貴
財前晃:山本匠馬
鬼塚豪/Go鬼塚:濱野大輝
別所エマ/ゴーストガール:鎌倉有那
ブラッドシェパード:奥田隆仁
出演者(2)
???:松田賢二
ハル:白石涼子
クイーン:小山めぐみ
早見:一木千洋
カエル/鳩:関智一
ロボッピ:高橋未奈美
リンクリボー:金田アキ
綿貫竜之介、長谷徳人、矢野正明、鈴木崚汰

Episode 47: 帰ってきたPlaymaker – Kaette Kita Pureimēkā
(Playmaker Returns)
Peace has returned thanks to Playmaker’s efforts. However, LINK VRAINS still suffered heavy damage due to Hanoi’s plan. Thus, SOL Technologies rebuilds it into NEW LINK VRAINS. The newly rebuilt Dueling platform has brought a lot of excitement to many. However, in NEW LINK VRAINS, Playmaker is a wanted man, and has a bounty on his head…

Cast:
Fujiki Yusaku/Playmaker: Ishige Shoya
Ai: Sakurai Takahiro
Kusanagi Shoichi: Kimura Subaru
Shima Naoki/Brave Max: Sawashiro Chiharu
Zaizen Aoi/Blue Angel: Nakashima Yuki
Zaizen Akira: Yamamoto Shoma
Onizuka Gou/GO Onizuka: Hamano Daiki
Bessho Emma/Ghost Girl: Kamakura Yuna
Brad Shepard: Okuda Takanori
???: Matsuda Kenji
Hal: Shiraishi Ryoko
Queen: Koyama Megumi
Hayami: Ikki Chihiro
Frog/Pigeon: Seki Tomokazu
Roboppy: Takahashi Minami
Linkuriboh: Kanada Aki
Extras

Script: 吉田伸 || Yoshida Shin

Right off the bat, I'm happy to see Naoki in the episode, and as Max Brave at that. Not only does that mean I'll get to see his awesome avatar again, but it looks like he (and the writers) might just make good on his word to cultivate his name in the "new generation" (or whatever). Hopefully that means he'll become more prevalent as a character and get his own ongoing character arc.

Additionally, all of the VRAINSed victims, including our intrepid secondary heroes, are back in action. That hopefully means they'll not be getting the shaft in the new story.

And of course, a number of new faces, including a distinct person named Brad. Hopefully, that'll mean the new season will be more inclusive and ensemble and less restrictive and insular than the previous one. To that, I'm also hoping Yusaku/Playmaker won't be so much of everything this time. I kinda grew weary of how only him, Ai, and Coulter were the only constants. And Frog and Pigeon, just about.

Also, looks like Linkuribohs gonna be a thing. And apparently is getting lines.

Comun
4th April 2018, 08:07 PM
Yusaku's Zero Extra Link was Yugi's Ragnarok levels of ridiculous.

Volteccer
4th April 2018, 08:22 PM
Yusaku's Zero Extra Link was Yugi's Ragnarok levels of ridiculous.

You're being to harsh on Ragnarok. At least that's a situation Yugi could control.

Dark-Shimy
4th April 2018, 08:46 PM
So there was no Yusaku Rituals yet...

J. D. Guy
4th April 2018, 11:36 PM
So there was no Yusaku Rituals yet...
Not yet. Soon, though. Only a matter of time.

Dark-Shimy
11th April 2018, 03:34 PM
Link Spells... They ruined it.

Volteccer
11th April 2018, 04:13 PM
Link Spells... They ruined it.

Luckily, we're never going to see them in the real game, any more than we saw the spells that summoned themselves as monsters Zexal used occasionally.

Eternalight
11th April 2018, 08:19 PM
A looooooong time ago in the very beginning of Link era,I did say something about what if there will be a new kind of backrow card that has Link Markers that can be an alternate way to open Extra Deck zones.
And here we are...
I'm kinda disappointed though. At least they can make it a new kind of card instead of a part of Spell/Trap.
Pendulum is already a half-spell card.

Comun
11th April 2018, 09:10 PM
Poor Jin can't catch a break.

Link-0
11th April 2018, 10:22 PM
I also assume Link Spells will not become a thing in real life. But they are not too unrealistic.

As far as I understand from the episode, a player can only play a Link Spell into a S/T zone which a Link monster points to. So you'd need at least 2 Link monsters, or a revived Link monster, or a way to move a link monster from the EMZ to a MMZ. In other words, unlike other spells, they may be dead cards on the first turn.

Comun
12th April 2018, 03:54 PM
I don't see any issues with Link Spells being playable. If anything, they feel easier to grasp and incorporate than the Rank-Up Magics were.

Dark-Shimy
13th April 2018, 12:02 AM
I feel that Yusaku and Takeru's relationship will be like Yuma and Shingetsu, and somehow Takeru will be like Vector.

EDIT:

http://i64.tinypic.com/o0phqd.png

Hmm...

Greed the Ambitious
13th April 2018, 05:11 AM
The Org itself pointed out that The Perfect Rulebook tends to introduce new mechanics, and wondered what could be the new mechanic this time. It might as well be Link Spells.

Eternalight
13th April 2018, 07:36 AM
I feel that Yusaku and Takeru's relationship will be like Yuma and Shingetsu, and somehow Takeru will be like Vector.

Yeah, I think the same that it can go that way.
We'll see.

EDIT:

http://i64.tinypic.com/o0phqd.png

Hmm...

May or may not be forced to fight Yusaku since Jin was "taken as a hostage" ? We still haven't got a confirmation about what that thing did to Jin though.

J. D. Guy
14th April 2018, 02:08 AM

We'll see, but I'd rather they'd go the Jesse route rather than the Bruno or Ray route.

Dark-Shimy
14th April 2018, 06:19 AM
We'll see, but I'd rather they'd go the Jesse route rather than the Bruno or Ray route.

The argument I think is that Takeru is the only one who will know that Yusaku is Playmaker. So that friendship can be a trap.

KingKaash
14th April 2018, 06:55 AM

I agree, I hope he goes the Jesse route too. Gosh I can't believe Yusasku will make a dueling friend. That will be character development for sure. I am very surprised from the intro and ending song that Takeru will get this much spotlight. But I'm all for it.

As for the Link Spells, I think they should be brought into the real game. You can only have one Link Spell on the field and it has to be placed in a S/T zone that a Link Monster in the Main Monster Zone points to. Seems somewhat balanced. I just don't know what any Link Spell pointing to the left, right and bottom three arrows will do.

Link-0
14th April 2018, 02:00 PM
I just don't know what any Link Spell pointing to the left, right and bottom three arrows will do.
Play more link spells to the zone(s) they point to? Would make sense to me.

Well, not the bottom three. That would be useless, indeed, as long as there is no row behind the S/T cards.

J. D. Guy
16th April 2018, 11:03 AM
The argument I think is that Takeru is the only one who will know that Yusaku is Playmaker. So that friendship can be a trap.

Perhaps, but for the sake of positive development for Yusaku, since Soulburner seems to be taking the "new best friend" route (that Naoki tried but failed to establish) with Yusaku, I'm hoping he won't turn out to be a bad guy.

Even though there's a weird split-second shot in the opening of Takeru looking like a tough-guy in street clothes...

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, I hope he goes the Jesse route too. Gosh I can't believe Yusasku will make a dueling friend. That will be character development for sure. I am very surprised from the intro and ending song that Takeru will get this much spotlight. But I'm all for it.

Playing the "Jesse" role is fine by me, so long as he does actually turn out to be like Jesse, i.e., someone without a malicious or hidden agenda.

Once again, that one shot of him in opening is a little worrisome, and not at all accidental.

Dark-Shimy
16th April 2018, 09:31 PM
Perhaps, but for the sake of positive development for Yusaku, since Soulburner seems to be taking the "new best friend" route (that Naoki tried but failed to establish) with Yusaku, I'm hoping he won't turn out to be a bad guy.

Even though there's a weird split-second shot in the opening of Takeru looking like a tough-guy in street clothes...

http://i63.tinypic.com/3022qec.png

Smoking? Either that's his past or his true-self.

J. D. Guy
17th April 2018, 02:25 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/3022qec.png

Smoking? Either that's his past or his true-self.

This scene puzzles me to no end. It comes out of nowhere and lasts for a second. He looks like an inner-city youth juvenile deliquent who just got into a scuffle. He just looks way too different from his "normal" look.

Comun
18th April 2018, 05:59 PM
Cyberse Magician didn't even get to be Yusaku's final boss monster in its own debut Duel. Sasuga Ritual Monster.

Volteccer
18th April 2018, 06:36 PM
They could have at least saved the last Code Talker for another duel.

Eternalight
18th April 2018, 10:07 PM
Shootingcode Talker?
They can make names like "Decode Talker" and "Encode Talker", they definitely can think of better names.
And in the end, Powercode Talker is the one without the Up Link Marker. No idea why they didn't keep this pattern on that card.

I didn't expect Cyberse Magician and the new -Code Talker in 1 episode. Maybe they're really trying to make room for Soulburner.

Sanokal
19th April 2018, 12:25 AM
Shootingcode Talker?
They can make names like "Decode Talker" and "Encode Talker", they definitely can think of better names.
And in the end, Powercode Talker is the one without the Up Link Marker. No idea why they didn't keep this pattern on that card.

I didn't expect Cyberse Magician and the new -Code Talker in 1 episode. Maybe they're really trying to make room for Soulburner.

Shooting code is a real thing, but I agree that the name is still poor.

J. D. Guy
19th April 2018, 04:09 AM
Cyberse Magician didn't even get to be Yusaku's final boss monster in its own debut Duel. Sasuga Ritual Monster.

It did stay on the field upon its Summon, though. And its Damage-halving and Attack-funneling effects made it useful and relevant throughout.

Cyberse Wizard is support for Links, so I'm not surprised or bothered by it doing just that.

They could have at least saved the last Code Talker for another duel.

Not sure what would be appropriate for the Storm Access card.

Shooting code is a real thing, but I agree that the name is still poor.

It's an Archer who shoots arrows. It seems appropriate a name to me. More so than most of the other Code Talkers, really.

J. D. Guy
21st April 2018, 05:51 AM
For my part, I'm somewhat worried and miffed on the lack of Brave's appearances this early on, unlike like Ghost Girl and Blue Angel; I'd like for him to get in on the reaction scenes, too, honestly, but that he isn't when the others are implies his levels of relevancy, even periphially speaking, is once again limited (granted, the opening and especially the ending didn't help with the impications). Shame, since he made for a good intro-guide to the new Link VRAINS when the Season began, and I feels he's a good character in general that's being underused.

Looking forward to Soulburner's Duel. Also looking forward to the series's first one-on-two Duel, since we were teased out of one (and a Tag Duel) earlier.

Dark-Shimy
22nd April 2018, 07:22 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbIzRU4V4AAg8jt.jpg
https://i0.wp.com/angryanimebitches.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/YGO-VRAINS-Ep-48-Img-007.png?ssl=1https://78.media.tumblr.com/42683ac13044fb8527d480fb13053d5b/tumblr_p72nxkEmTQ1shfh62o2_1280.png

Just like Haru and Bowman, Soulburner has something red on his iris. Another thing that makes me suspect of him. And since Bowman and Haru said that they have to get back their memories, probably Soulburner too.

J. D. Guy
26th April 2018, 05:18 AM
And once again, they teased a non-standard Duel (they didn't have to have both Bit and Boot appear separately if they were gonna fuse together and Duel as one being anyway) only to renege on that tease in one fell swoop. :(

Enjoyed Soulburner's Deck, and am looking forward to seeing more of it when he, most likely, Duels Gore in a couple of episodes, even if I'm a little skeptical on how it seems so far (from the brief blurb) that Gore's a totally different character.

KingKaash
6th May 2018, 07:24 AM
As of Episode 50

Confirmed: Ai + Playmaker, Flame + Soulburner

Likely: EARTH Ignis + Spectre

My assumption: LIGHT Ignis + Jin

Unknown: WATER Ignis + ???, WIND Ignis + ???

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/b/bf/Ignis.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20180314142134

Comun
6th May 2018, 07:10 PM
It was mentioned the WIND Ignis was involved with the enemies iirc, so assuming Hal and Bohman are not using their avatars to hide their true ages, I'm thinking Bohman is a Lost Incident victim, since Hal would be too young for that.

Link-0
8th May 2018, 02:04 PM
In the latest episode, we get a glimpse of the other 4 ignis' real looks. The LIGHT ignis has got a 4-pointed-star which looks exactly like Bohman's.

J. D. Guy
16th May 2018, 09:59 AM
Well, it looks like Soulburner...

...just Ritual Summoned, and it's the first FIRE Ritual Monster since Legendary Flame Lord. ScionStorm should be happy, I figure.

ScionStorm
17th May 2018, 07:07 AM
Well, it looks like Soulburner...

...just Ritual Summoned, and it's the first FIRE Ritual Monster since Legendary Flame Lord. ScionStorm should be happy, I figure.

Just here to say: Third FIRE Ritual monster IN EXISTENCE. Also, Lord of the Red was the last FIRE Ritual monster to make it to the game. (I I think it was revealed in anime before Legendary Flame Lord came out in OCG?)

...but also, I'm meh on Cyberse. So eh. I wouldn't mind if it inspired an original FIRE Ritual theme and support in the next main series set-actually would be nice to see this alongside an expanded Legendary Flame Lord theme.

J. D. Guy
17th May 2018, 08:19 AM
Just here to say: Third FIRE Ritual monster IN EXISTENCE. Also, Lord of the Red was the last FIRE Ritual monster to make it to the game. (I I think it was revealed in anime before Legendary Flame Lord came out in OCG?)

...but also, I'm meh on Cyberse. So eh. I wouldn't mind if it inspired an original FIRE Ritual theme and support in the next main series set-actually would be nice to see this alongside an expanded Legendary Flame Lord theme.

I admit that I forgot Lord of the Red was FIRE. I don't mind them being Cyberse, though, is they turn this into a series of Cyberse Rituals. That would mean we would be due more Rituals, and I'd be all for that, regardless of typing.

For the episode, I'm shocked that personal assistant girl actually tried to do something. Not surprised that Gore took the shot like a boss, showing he's not completely within himself and still has some of his integrity from the first Season.

Speaking of Gore, I wonder what becomes of him and Soulburner? (My stream was lagging as heck.) Both of the two seem to dip out of focus for Playmaker's next Duel.

I would have like to have seen at least a second Link from Gore this Duel, however. On the other hand, the Ritual from Soulburner was a pleasant surprise.

Comun
17th May 2018, 12:45 PM

I don't like generic Cyberse either, but I'm seeing Salamangreat as their own separate thing and so far they look... well, great.

ScionStorm
17th May 2018, 05:34 PM
I don't like generic Cyberse either, but I'm seeing Salamangreat as their own separate thing and so far they look... well, great.

I may come around to them eventually but with 3 Cyberse structures in a row, right now my enthusiasm for Cyberse stuff is low.

Dark-Shimy
27th May 2018, 12:52 AM
Blue Girl is so much better than Blue Angel.

J. D. Guy
29th May 2018, 06:46 PM
Blue Girl is so much better than Blue Angel.

I mean, its only been a single episode, and it wasn't even an episode primarily focused on her. We don't have much to go on. I'd give it some time, myself.

J. D. Guy
30th May 2018, 10:21 AM
New episode was surprisingly awesome for what otherwise seemed like a low-key and obligatory Duel.

And our glorious Fusion Monster descends! :D

At first I thought Playmaker was Xyz Summoning with that Spell, based on the animation, but in hindsight, after looking at the tv-tokyo site and learning it was a Fusion Monster, it being a Fusion Summon makes more sense. It matches with the Soul Fusion Booster Set name, too.

It's now only a matter of time before Playmaker Synchro and Xyz Summons. Also, I hope he'll play more lesser Extra Deck non-Links and other Rituals, too, even if only as stepping stones. I'd also love to see him Pendulum Summon towards the end (I like Pendulum Monsters), but I'll be fine either way.

Cyberse Clock Dragon is very cool looking. Aesthetically, it reminds me of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, which is my favorite of the Galaxy-Eyes from a looks department (Photon comes second, with Prime Photon third). Wish they could have shown a shot of its Anime proxy card, but oh well.

Loved the Duel; this second part really brought the Duel together for both competitors, and I appreciate that. Due to the person he was playing against, I wasn't sure I would have liked the Duel, but I ended up loving it in the end.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe he may have gotten that Fusion from his Storm Access, unless it was meant to be the new Link-2. Also, I wonder if that new Link-2, which looks like a red body suit version of Space Insulator, is the Fusion enabler equivalent to Cyberse Witch's Ritual enabler?

Comun
13th June 2018, 06:25 PM
Fusions, Fusions, Fusions. Fusions for you, Fusions for me. Fusions for everyone.

Dark-Shimy
13th June 2018, 06:37 PM
No one expected that Blue Girl and Soulburner would use Fusions quickly. Nice Link-Super Polymerization.

KingKaash
16th June 2018, 05:38 AM
Fusions, Fusions, Fusions. Fusions for you, Fusions for me. Fusions for everyone.

Definitely a lot of Fusions but I'm happy to see them in the show. Brings some variety. So far we got Links, Rituals and Fusions. Let's see if they go all the way

J. D. Guy
19th June 2018, 10:27 AM

As some who loves Fusions, all the recent Fusions have been euphoric!

Shame none for Gouki or Dynawrestlers. :( They wanted to play close to the parallel of Gore's Duel with Playmaker, it seems.

No one expected that Blue Girl and Soulburner would use Fusions quickly. Nice Link-Super Polymerization.

I think Soulburner using Fusions was telegraphed by him being the current arc's dueteragonist and being a parallel to Playmaker. Both used a Ritual and now a Fusion. The trend should continue, too.

Blue Girl using a Fusion was pleasant surprise, though. It did make me wish Gore had done the same.

Definitely a lot of Fusions but I'm happy to see them in the show. Brings some variety. So far we got Links, Rituals and Fusions. Let's see if they go all the way

The variety after nothing but Links in the beginning is welcome. And I suspect they'll go all the way. Savage Strike should either have a Playmaker-themed Cyberse Synchro or Xyz, depending on if they follow chronological order or pack color.

Comun
20th June 2018, 06:54 PM
Bohman's character is now very unintentionally silly and I'm loving it.

Dark-Shimy
20th June 2018, 09:14 PM
So Bohman is real Yusaku? It's an obvious trick because his memories were altered.

KingKaash
23rd June 2018, 06:32 AM
I'm so confused on Episode 57 with Bohman. I understand what he's saying could be false since the memory change stuff. But what is he saying? Is he a human being that somehow had Yusaku's backup data loaded into him, which how is that physically possible? Or is he some kind of AI that got Yusaku's backup data loaded into him? Even if he is the real Yusaku why does he look like that and not like Yusaku? I'm confused what is being implied here.

And the designs for Soulburner and now Bohman are stunning

J. D. Guy
26th June 2018, 07:38 AM
And the designs for Soulburner and now Bohman are stunning

Going from this, I agree. :) Soulburner looks really cool, and is probably my favorite look in the show tied with Naoki's Brave look. Bohman looks good to, even his first outfit which looked a little werid in promotional material came out looking good during the show. Now, he's managed to up his own ante design-wise with current get-up. :D

I'm so confused on Episode 57 with Bohman. I understand what he's saying could be false since the memory change stuff. But what is he saying? Is he a human being that somehow had Yusaku's backup data loaded into him, which how is that physically possible? Or is he some kind of AI that got Yusaku's backup data loaded into him? Even if he is the real Yusaku why does he look like that and not like Yusaku? I'm confused what is being implied here.

For this, I'm willing to wait and see how that pans out. It's obvious his memories are tampered and implanted, so I'd say it best not to let what he says affect much right now. And if there is truth in what he says, if it leads to them making Naoki more story-prevalent, I'm all for it, or whatever. But now, let Bohman spin what he thinks is his story, I say.

Comun
26th June 2018, 01:48 PM

He thinks he is the real Yusaku and Playmaker is the backup data. According to his current memories, his real memories and the back-up got switched and now the back-up (Playmaker) is occupying his body. He is fighting to take his body back, basically.

KingKaash
27th June 2018, 01:38 AM
Going from this, I agree. :) Soulburner looks really cool, and is probably my favorite look in the show tied with Naoki's Brave look. Bohman looks good to, even his first outfit which looked a little werid in promotional material came out looking good during the show. Now, he's managed to up his own ante design-wise with current get-up. :D

For this, I'm willing to wait and see how that pans out. It's obvious his memories are tampered and implanted, so I'd say it best not to let what he says affect much right now. And if there is truth in what he says, if it leads to them making Naoki more story-prevalent, I'm all for it, or whatever. But now, let Bohman spin what he thinks is his story, I say.

I hope Bohman keeps this design for as long as he's in the show. I hope it's not his design just because of this version of his tampered memories. The intro and ending show him in his original form so I could see him reverting to that but I hope not.

And you're right it's best to wait it out to see what happens. I normally do wait but think is one conflict that threw me off.

He thinks he is the real Yusaku and Playmaker is the backup data. According to his current memories, his real memories and the back-up got switched and now the back-up (Playmaker) is occupying his body. He is fighting to take his body back, basically.

Ok this was my final takeaway too. Again I think it's weird and questionable but let's see how it plays out from this point. Maybe there's more story to it that explains how he could possibly be the real Yusaku

Dark-Shimy
5th July 2018, 05:57 AM
OK, so another win for Playmaker with Cyberse Clock Dragon, and next week, Hanoi is back.

J. D. Guy
5th July 2018, 07:00 AM
OK, so another win for Playmaker with Cyberse Clock Dragon, and next week, Hanoi is back.

And the week after that, Naoki Shima/Max Brave gets another Duel! So hyped for that! :D

On top of that, it'll be against Ghost Girl, who needed the Duel, too.

Seriously, I'm really anticipating Brave's next Duel. I hope it'll be good for him like his last one was. I loved how they managed to make a 2-turn Duel work so well for the characters who Dueled it, especially for Naoki's. In addition, I hope he'll use some new cards that'll help identify them being something of Brave's, even if he still sticks to beasts and the Baboon Monsters. This includes him using some Links or other Extra Deck types.

Also, I hope this Duel marks the point where Naoki gains more relevance in the story, as after the Season's first episode, he has had even less screen time and focus than in Season 1 (in fact, he hasn't shown up or cameo-ed at all since then). I still feel his character has a lot of potential, and I hope this is the start of the writers finally making use of that potential.

KingKaash
7th July 2018, 10:57 PM
So we didn't get an explanation on how Bohman could have the actual Yusaku physically uploaded into him. But it was a nice duel. I'm surprised at how little Firewall Dragon gets used by Playmaker now. Anyways on to the Hanoi and return of Ryoken/Revolver

J. D. Guy
10th July 2018, 08:19 AM
So we didn't get an explanation on how Bohman could have the actual Yusaku physically uploaded into him. But it was a nice duel. I'm surprised at how little Firewall Dragon gets used by Playmaker now. Anyways on to the Hanoi and return of Ryoken/Revolver

Such details will likely be saved for a different time. This isn't the last time Bohman will show up or Duel.

I also liked the Duel. Seeing more of the cards Playmaker has yet to use, including RAM Clouder and Widget Kid debut was nice. So was the second appearance of Cyberse Clock Dragon, who's protection effect actually was made relevant for the Duel.

Firewall Dragon is kinda hard to use, since its effects are more for faciliating further plays than for being an end-play itself. Its proactive in ways that are generally "frowned upon" in the Anime: sending cards back to the hand anti-climatically, when used on the opponent, or facilitating constantly on-going Summons that work toward minimizing interaction with the opponent. It also requires being co-Linked to be best utilized, and its real-life brokenness that got it limited casts a negative shadow on it.

These are all the possible reasons why, when added together, Firewall isn't used much.

J. D. Guy
11th July 2018, 10:40 AM
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/yugioh-vrains/episodes/

From the looks of the preview, it seems this Duel is gonna be as awesomely fun as I hoped it would! :D The Duelists already seem to have a fun chemistry going on, and Ghost Girl also seems to be taken aback at Brave after having underestimated him. Brave looked like he actually Summoned Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest (which would make this the first time it was played in the Anime, no?). On top of that, he Link Summons! Hope to get as many new Beast-related things from him as possible.

I'm glad they're seemingly sticking with the generally suave, poker-faced Brave on the outside juxtaposed with the dorky and hyperactive Naoki on the inside (kinda like a sorta-reverse take on the old "inner-Sakura" dynamic from super-early Naruto), while still maintaining his increased general confidence level. The expression of the dualism between how he acted on the outside and how he felt on the inside was one of the biggest things that made his last Duel so awesome and underscoredly epic. It's what really won the character over for me. Also, "playing it cool"-Brave actually manages to come off genuinely cool.

Looking forward to next week! Also, it looks like its not gonna all be a Naoki/Emma/Aoi bottle episode.

Sanokal
11th July 2018, 11:10 AM
Andre used Green Baboon in his practice round with Yusei.

J. D. Guy
11th July 2018, 11:50 AM
Andre used Green Baboon in his practice round with Yusei.

Yeah. I had totally forgot that he did. :) It felt like Green Baboon was played before, but I couldn't place where and by whom.

Comun
11th July 2018, 02:02 PM
Green Baboon debuted as card from that wheelchaired old lady from Yugioh R, right?

EDIT: Confirmed it. Her name is Maico Kato.

Sanokal
11th July 2018, 07:05 PM
Green Baboon debuted as card from that wheelchaired old lady from Yugioh R, right?

Oh goddammit, how did I miss that?!

J. D. Guy
13th July 2018, 03:37 PM

Oh goddammit, how did I miss that?!

After you mentioned that, if I'm not mistaken, that's where the card originally came from. Green Baboon was a Manga Card, like Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness.

There are a lot of Manga cards that I don't realize or remember were Manga cards.

Sanokal
14th July 2018, 05:01 AM
After you mentioned that, if I'm not mistaken, that's where the card originally came from. Green Baboon was a Manga Card, like Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness.

There are a lot of Manga cards that I don't realize or remember were Manga cards.

Yes, but I've previously novelized R and done summaries for it on Yugipedia. I am subsequently ashamed.

J. D. Guy
14th July 2018, 05:40 AM
Yes, but I've previously novelized R and done summaries for it on Yugipedia. I am subsequently ashamed.

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. :)

Sanokal
14th July 2018, 08:44 AM
You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. :)

Yes I should, but I appreciate the sentiment.

J. D. Guy
18th July 2018, 10:25 AM
Ah! I, and this show in general, really needed this break from the usual. And I mean really needed it.

It was short, but sweet, and as full of interaction and chemistry as I had hoped. It wasn't as focused on Naoki or the contents of the Duel as I would have liked, but it was still good, and once again I must emphasize, a much needed breather.

Bookended by the SOL folks and the "good guys" discussing their failure in the beginning and said guys falling into a trap by the folks in the end (talk about mood whiplash...), the Duel is introed on a hunch by Blue Girl that she is later teased on for being wrong later.

Naoki was breautiful here! Simply so! So was Ghost Girl, and her "trying not to groan and snap" reactions to Naoki's "cool-n'-tough guy" routine. To the latter's credit, Brave really did come of as genuine in spite of everything (he even stuck the lander after he lost!), and to the former's, aside from showing some personal frustrations on her face a few times that remained unvoiced aloud to her opponent, Ghost Girl managed to go the whole Duel without breaking the "innocuous adversary" thing from, technically parting on amiable terms after her win.

I'll need to rewatch this to see and savor everything, but I can't state enough how much I love following Naoki's character! And I especially love watching his Duels, as he makes them feel so lively regardless of length or context, or because of context, even. I like how it looked like he "bricked" again but he played out of it himself and didn't let it affect him this time (lovely Scrap Kong cameos, by the way). That new Baboon was all kinds of cool (and so I want it!!!)! We got Multifaker and Hextia from Ghost Girl (but no Pixiel :(). Lastly, despite losing and shedding manly tears, he took the loss in stride and with grace. Blue Angel's concert thing or whatever that was probably helped, too. (All things considered, I'm glad they left Brave/Naoki on a happy note. At least someone gets to be happy and feel good and secure about themselves in this show.)

Though this episode wasn't as centric on his character as I would have preferred, he slipped into the role of "viewpoint" nicely and played his part superbly from start to finish. Kudos to Ghost Girl who did likewise. Anyway, this episode kind of cemented my desire for more of Naoki/Brave in general, even though the show's structure can't really accomdate more than these occasional asides (or more likely, refuses to; they easily could if they wanted to, but they don't). Hope for another one where he gets to Duel Yusaku/Playmaker, though.

In the end, I enjoyed this episode. :) Alas, as I mentioned before, it's back to "business as usual" and it appears to be sticking that way for the foreseeable batch of episodes. Oh well. The levity and underscored awesome was good while it lasted.

And real life Soulburner took martial arts and hung out with some stereotypical toughs not long ago. Go figure.

Dark-Shimy
25th July 2018, 05:37 PM
The first Real Life Duel.

Comun
25th July 2018, 06:45 PM
Why is this flashback duel lasting longer than one episode though?

J. D. Guy
25th July 2018, 09:55 PM
Wow. Breather Episode really telegraphed its necessity, didn't it. I'm kinda surprised they manged a Duel here, as I was kinda laying to rest the likely reality that this would be another Duel-less episode. At least, it seems Shepard will be Dueling Soulburner after all. That dude's really going too far, though.

Also, in case ScionStorm might be interested, this episode's opposing Duelist was using Zombies including some new stuff and some older things (spoilers from the Duel's transcript (https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_VRAINS_-_Episode_061)).

And that player also actually Summoned Despair from the Dark!

The first Real Life Duel.

I'm shocked, but also glad. This is a good thing, and now should hopefully open the proverbial floodgates that have been limiting the potential for Duels in this series. I'm also happy because I recall reading some translated interview that said the characters would never Duel outside Link VRAINS. I wasn't a fan when I heard about it because I knew the type of limiter it could and would produce, but at least now I know they can bypass that limiter whenever they choose to do so.

Why is this flashback duel lasting longer than one episode though?

Probably because they spent most of the episode setting it up and also probably because they are in no hurry to rush things for this.

KingKaash
28th July 2018, 05:48 AM
Blood Shepherd vs Soulburner is going to be very interesting. I don't know who's going to win. I want Blood Shepherd to win because I'm getting a little tired of seeing Playmaker and Soulburner win every duel they are in on screen. And I want to see the non-Ignis people get a win and actually take an Ignis. I want to see what they do with an Ignis. So as much as I like Soulburner as a character I hope he takes the L here. It'd be better for the plot in my opinion. But I could totally see the writers getting Soulburner a win to get past his weakness for character growth purposes which would be a bit cliche but somewhat necessary as well. We shall see.

J. D. Guy
28th July 2018, 06:03 AM
Blood Shepherd vs Soulburner is going to be very interesting. I don't know who's going to win. I want Blood Shepherd to win because I'm getting a little tired of seeing Playmaker and Soulburner win every duel they are in on screen. And I want to see the non-Ignis people get a win and actually take an Ignis. I want to see what they do with an Ignis. So as much as I like Soulburner as a character I hope he takes the L here. It'd be better for the plot in my opinion. But I could totally see the writers getting Soulburner a win to get past his weakness for character growth purposes which would be a bit cliche but somewhat necessary as well. We shall see.

My only issue with Shepard getting the win is that Shepard is kind of a louse. It'd also kinda be Spectre 2.0, with Playmaker getting the "revenge" win afterwords.

I'd be okay with Soulburner losing to one of these guys, but I really don't want it to be against that particular guy.

J. D. Guy
1st August 2018, 10:16 AM
And once again, they tease a 2-on-1 Duel, only to not deliver. :/ It's starting to become bothersome to me.

Interestingly enough, KingKaash, this episode, they managed to get around a few of those speculated things regarding Goukis! Putting this in spoilers for now, just in case.

Gore's two new merc-bros are actually using Goukis! At least the one who Dueled this episode did. And the other who got knocked away before the Duel began actually came back at the end, so it's likely he'll be doing likewise. What's so cool and clever is that by having them use Gouki, they get around a lot of the hypothetical pitfalls of Gore using them as his full-time Deck. The Pink-afro bro didn't use any new Main Deck stuff (his set-up play was super similar to Gore's in his first Duel), but the Link-3 was new. Since things like Links are perfect support for the Deck that don't support the engine, this made for a convenient way of giving them tactically chosen support without the obligations of a bigger cache of cards if Gore was playing. It also had the dirty yet pragmatic benefit of having someone else use Gouki and than promptly lose, implictly 'cause they're not experienced with the Deck, without unduly making Gore look bad by taking that kind of loss.

Other things include Despair from the Dark apparently being the devil now, at least for Soulburner. Shepard being a dirty rat of a piece of scum, which I already knew. And a Salamangreat Link-2, which is super welcome (though once again, I'm pretty sure most figured it was only a matter of time before one came along). Oh, and Playmaker used Penestag and reused that Sword Spell from his Duel with Gore.

Bit of an aside, but one thing I really like about VRAINS is its character designs. As short as his Duel was, Pink-afro really looked cool actually getting to move and act, and even those toughs from Soulburner's flashback actually looked pleasing.

Looking forward to another token Gouki support from Short-n-spiky bro, for more new Salamangreat things, and for Soulburner to dunk that cape-and-fedora-wearing scrub into the fake lava.

On another note, it's too bad that Shepard's Drone Deck wasn't able to expound on its normal playstyle because it had to be used as support for the symbolism of Soulburner's fear of Despair from the Dark. I understand that it makes sense, but still. If/when he Duels again, hopefully against Ghost Girl or Akira (especially, since he needs the Duel), it'll be a more straightforward showcasing.

KingKaash
7th August 2018, 12:06 AM
And once again, they tease a 2-on-1 Duel, only to not deliver. :/ It's starting to become bothersome to me.

Interestingly enough, KingKaash, this episode, they managed to get around a few of those speculated things regarding Goukis! Putting this in spoilers for now, just in case.

Gore's two new merc-bros are actually using Goukis! At least the one who Dueled this episode did. And the other who got knocked away before the Duel began actually came back at the end, so it's likely he'll be doing likewise. What's so cool and clever is that by having them use Gouki, they get around a lot of the hypothetical pitfalls of Gore using them as his full-time Deck. The Pink-afro bro didn't use any new Main Deck stuff (his set-up play was super similar to Gore's in his first Duel), but the Link-3 was new. Since things like Links are perfect support for the Deck that don't support the engine, this made for a convenient way of giving them tactically chosen support without the obligations of a bigger cache of cards if Gore was playing. It also had the dirty yet pragmatic benefit of having someone else use Gouki and than promptly lose, implictly 'cause they're not experienced with the Deck, without unduly making Gore look bad by taking that kind of loss.

Other things include Despair from the Dark apparently being the devil now, at least for Soulburner. Sheppard being a dirty rat of a piece of scum, which I already knew. And a Salamangreat Link-2, which is super welcome (though once again, I'm pretty sure most figured it was only a matter of time before one came along). Oh, and Playmaker used Penestag and reused that Sword Spell from his Duel with Gore.

Bit of an aside, but one thing I really like about VRAINS is its character designs. As short as his Duel was, Pink-afro really looked cool actually getting to move and act, and even those toughs from Soulburner's flashback actually looked pleasing.

Looking forward to another token Gouki support from Short-n-spiky bro, for more new Salamangreat things, and for Soulburner to dunk that cape-and-fedora-wearing scrub into the fake lava.

On another note, it's too bad that Sheppard's Drone Deck wasn't able to expound on its normal playstyle because it had to be used as support for the symbolism of Soulburner's fear of Despair from the Dark. I understand that it makes sense, but still. If/when he Duels again, hopefully against Ghost Girl or Akira (especially, since he needs the Duel), it'll be a more straightforward showcasing.

Yup the Goukis made their appearance again in the show. Too bad the mook didn't know how to use Goukis. Kinda leaves me unsatisfied that a Gouki deck was blown away so easily, even though I understand a mook character will never be able to use the deck like Gore. But on the flip side, seeing Playmaker domination without a Code Talker or Link Dragon monster used was impressive

Also sad to see Blood Shepherd become a gimmicky duelist against Soulburner this time. I wanted to see Blood Shepherd go all out with his Drone deck to see if he could have really beaten Soulburner

J. D. Guy
8th August 2018, 08:27 AM
Yup the Goukis made their appearance again in the show. Too bad the mook didn't know how to use Goukis. Kinda leaves me unsatisfied that a Gouki deck was blown away so easily, even though I understand a mook character will never be able to use the deck like Gore. But on the flip side, seeing Playmaker domination without a Code Talker or Link Dragon monster used was impressive

Also sad to see Blood Shepherd become a gimmicky duelist against Soulburner this time. I wanted to see Blood Shepherd go all out with his Drone deck to see if he could have really beaten Soulburner

Considering the alternative would be no new Goukis period, I'm okay that it was done this way. It was also nice to see Pentestag debut and Cyberse Annihilation again.

I agree with the Shepard thing. Unfortunately, the need for symbolism and to show how much of a sociopathic stooge he is meant no proper Drone Deck showcasing. Shame, too, 'cause them Spell and Traps were really cool, and I'd love to have seen them in-use alongside his normal strategy.

Dark-Shimy
11th August 2018, 11:08 PM
I feel that Blood Shepard will be very important towards the end of VRAINS.

J. D. Guy
14th August 2018, 07:18 PM
I feel that Blood Shepard will be very important towards the end of VRAINS.

What makes you say that?

J. D. Guy
15th August 2018, 09:54 AM
Interesting episode today.

I didn't think there'd be a Duel this episode, but there was, and Playmaker used cards from his first Starter Deck (Photon Thrasher, Maruading Captain, and Exarion Universe) alongside the Link Gaia and some staples.

And I wonder what Naoki is up to all of a sudden?

Dark-Shimy
18th August 2018, 06:13 PM
What makes you say that?

Mainly, his hatred to AIs.

J. D. Guy
19th August 2018, 03:32 AM

Ah. We'll see.

He's kinda slimy, though, 'cause he takes his hatred too far. If anything, he's going to make things absolutely worse, probably if/when he makes an AI mad and go "exterminate non-AIs" mode, using Shepard's undue maliciousness as the justified grounds.

KingKaash
20th August 2018, 01:15 AM
Considering the alternative would be no new Goukis period, I'm okay that it was done this way. It was also nice to see Pentestag debut and Cyberse Annihilation again.

I agree with the Shepard thing. Unfortunately, the need for symbolism and to show how much of a sociopathic stooge he his meant no proper Drone Deck showcasing. Shame, too, 'cause them Spell and Traps were really cool, and I'd love to have seen them in-use alongside his normal strategy.

I'm so glad Blood Shepherd vs Soulburner Round 1 ended in a no contest. I think that means they'll meet again. And hopefully the next time they duel, Blood Shepherd uses his complete Drone deck

Comun
20th August 2018, 12:51 PM

I don't know. If VRAINS's endgame really needs an AI hater, they already have this covered with Revolver.

J. D. Guy
20th August 2018, 10:50 PM
I'm so glad Blood Shepherd vs Soulburner Round 1 ended in a no contest. I think that means they'll meet again. And hopefully the next time they duel, Blood Shepherd uses his complete Drone deck

Should they meet again, yeah.

Dark-Shimy
1st September 2018, 11:05 PM
OK. My conclusion is... Earth is Spectre's Ignis, Aqua's owner is yet unknown (impossible to be Aoi), Windy is Bohman's and the Light Ignis is Kusanagi brother's.

Dark-Shimy
12th September 2018, 07:09 PM
Nice reappearing of Revolver. Is it confirmed that he will perform a Synchro Summon?

Comun
13th September 2018, 01:35 PM
One of the upcoming chapters is named "Tuning Bullets", so I would say yes.

J. D. Guy
16th September 2018, 09:55 PM
Nice reappearing of Revolver. Is it confirmed that he will perform a Synchro Summon?

One of the upcoming chapters is named "Tuning Bullets", so I would say yes.

Not to mention that, if you follow the card game side, a couple days past they just revealed a Synchro that he's going to Summon as a real card in the next major Booster Set. (And I think the physical V-Jump magazine straight-up says its his.)

Dark-Shimy
17th September 2018, 04:14 AM
Not to mention that, if you follow the card game side, a couple days past they just revealed a Synchro that he's going to Summon as a real card in the next major Booster Set. (And I think the physical V-Jump magazine straight-up says its his.)

I saw it like two days after I posted that. I also saw Cyberse Quantum. Now I want to see when Yusaku will use it.

J. D. Guy
17th September 2018, 10:42 AM
I saw it like two days after I posted that. I also saw Cyberse Quantum. Now I want to see when Yusaku will use it.

When is a good question. Maybe he'll be made to fight the Light Ingis?

Volteccer
17th September 2018, 06:16 PM
With a name like quantum dragon, I hope yusaku's tuner will be called quibitron.

KingKaash
18th September 2018, 04:54 AM
Dominant entrance by Revolver! And I have to say I think Vrains has the best character designs. First Soulburner and now Revolver 2.0:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/1/16/Revolver_%282nd_Season%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20180912125119

And it looks like Revolver's new look will come with a new dueling style...finally this show is getting back on track.

Dark-Shimy
18th September 2018, 06:20 AM
When is a good question. Maybe he'll be made to fight the Light Ingis?

Because of Yusaku getting a Synchro, I thought there would be another Playmaker vs Revolver. Cyberse Quantum vs Borreload Savage.

Link-0
20th September 2018, 04:24 PM
OK. My conclusion is... Earth is Spectre's Ignis, Aqua's owner is yet unknown (impossible to be Aoi), Windy is Bohman's and the Light Ignis is Kusanagi brother's.

Bohman has the same 4-pointed star pattern as the LIGHT ignis so they are likely connected.

At first I suspected Bohman could be the Light ignis itself, having been reprogrammed by an evil mastermind. But now it seems that the Light ignis is the mastermind, and Bohman likely his pawn.

I still have doubts about who or what Bohmab is, to be honest. I have a hard time believing he is a human, being able to materialize from a screen to enter Kusanagi's brother's mind. Then again, Yusaku can "feel" LINK VRAINS events in the real world, so, maybe Bohman's abilities are of the same nature.

J. D. Guy
21st September 2018, 12:52 PM
Because of Yusaku getting a Synchro, I thought there would be another Playmaker vs Revolver. Cyberse Quantum vs Borreload Savage.

If they are to Duel against each other again, it won't be right now. It seems instead to be the more contemporary pair of Bohman VS Playmaker Take III.

Dark-Shimy
26th September 2018, 06:39 PM
OK. So Windy made his partner crash. It is obvious that its Blood Shepherd. And Jin being Lightning's partner. Another Playmaker vs Bohman?

Comun
26th September 2018, 09:03 PM
It that's Shepherd, this raises a lot of questions. Why did they randomly picked one test subject so much older than the rest? Why is he so uninterested in the Lost Incident compared to the other victims (iirc, he is there when Akira tells Gou the story, but only makes dismissive comments)? What's Bohman's deal (I doubt he is Aqua's partner)?

Greed the Ambitious
27th September 2018, 11:15 AM
Blood Shepherd's accident wasn't them crashing into a building. If that was their intent, they are either intentionally misleading us by showing us a different accident or they just screwed up and forgot the details about BS's accident.

KingKaash
29th September 2018, 05:32 AM
Part of me wants to say that Blood Shepherd is Windy's partner. But the crash scene looks different (unless the writers messed up). And Blood Shepherd doesn't display any care towards the Lost Incident so part of me doesn't think Windy and Blood Shepherd are partners. Very interesting. I want to venture to say that Windy caused his partners accident and then also decided to cause Blood Shepherd's accident separately. Though I don't know what the motive would be for Windy causing two accidents.

And I think Jin is the first human under the control of Lightning. Jin is an example of what Lightning wants to do to the other humans. The beginning of Episode 50 has to be Lightning taking Jin's data from Bohman. But I don't understand yet what Haru and Bohman have to do with this.

Volteccer
29th September 2018, 07:12 PM
Did Lightning also kill takeru's parents?

Also, konami has been real good at cross promoting lately. Introducing synchros to link vrains the same we they introduce them to duel links.

Dark-Shimy
29th September 2018, 11:17 PM

Also, konami has been real good at cross promoting lately. Introducing synchros to link vrains the same we they introduce them to duel links.

Impossible. They died during the Lost Incident.

I know the flashbacks of Blood Shepherd's accident and the crash caused by Windy looks different. But all Drones monsters so far are WIND...

KingKaash
29th September 2018, 11:23 PM

Just curious, what led you to believe Lightning (who is Jin's partner) would go after Takeru's parents? What are you basing that off of?

Volteccer
30th September 2018, 02:36 AM
Just curious, what led you to believe Lightning (who is Jin's partner) would go after Takeru's parents? What are you basing that off of?

Just because that seems like the kind of hokey plot twist i could see this show doing. Some people were killed in a car accident, there's a character that can cause car accidents, if it turns out he was the cause of the first one it they could milk it for a little extra drama.
It's a weak justification, to be sure, and I'm not attached to the theory in the slightest. I just think it is the kind of thing they would try to pull.

Dark-Shimy
30th September 2018, 04:56 AM
I forgot this. At the end of the preview, it seems that Lightning pays reverence to someone...

Link-0
3rd October 2018, 02:48 PM
We have never seen the full faces of Takeru's parents, so I used to suspected them to be Baira and Faust, given the matching hair colors, and how they went missing after the Lost Incident.

But I have doubts now, because they have been on the same virtual room as Soulburner and shown no reaction (unless they don't know Soulburner = Takeru).

Bohman has the same 4-pointed star pattern as the LIGHT ignis so they are likely connected.

At first I suspected Bohman could be the Light ignis itself, having been reprogrammed by an evil mastermind. But now it seems that the Light ignis is the mastermind, and Bohman likely his pawn.

I still have doubts about who or what Bohmab is, to be honest. I have a hard time believing he is a human, being able to materialize from a screen to enter Kusanagi's brother's mind. Then again, Yusaku can "feel" LINK VRAINS events in the real world, so, maybe Bohman's abilities are of the same nature.

I was close enough. The exposition given this episode explains everything about Bohman. This time I don't believe they are fabricated memories, but Bohman may still be hiding or lying about something.

Dark-Shimy
3rd October 2018, 09:14 PM
We have never seen the full faces of Takeru's parents, so I used to suspected them to be Baira and Faust, given the matching hair colors, and how they went missing after the Lost Incident.

But I have doubts now, because they have been on the same virtual room as Soulburner and shown no reaction (unless they don't know Soulburner = Takeru).

I was close enough. The exposition given this episode explains everything about Bohman. This time I don't believe they are fabricated memories, but Bohman may still be hiding or lying about something.

Why would Takeru's parents work for the same that kidnapped their son?

And I don't believe that Bohman and Haru are AIs. Bohman's birth was with Lightning having already Jin under his control, and I assume that Lightning got Jin thanks to Bohman.

Link-0
3rd October 2018, 11:23 PM
Why would Takeru's parents work for the same that kidnapped their son?

I haven't speculated about that. It was a guess, not an full theory.

I simply found it suious that his parents' faces were hidden, as if it showing their faces would've let us identify them.

And I don't believe that Bohman and Haru are AIs. Bohman's birth was with Lightning having already Jin under his control, and I assume that Lightning got Jin thanks to Bohman.

Yes, Lightning used the "unfinished version" of Bohman to get Jin's consciousness, which happened at the beginning of this arc.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Bohman's birth". If you mean him getting out of that bathtub-like thing, as shown in this episode, it is explained as the moment of the awakening of the "completed" Bohman, not his creation.

Yes, this might be yet another lie/fake memory. But his story has more credibility this time.

Comun
4th October 2018, 01:08 PM

I'm believing the part where Bohman is a Gen3 AI created by Lightning, but I don't believe a word of the part where he says he's meant to be a superior to the Ignis.

KingKaash
8th October 2018, 11:22 PM
I'm believing the part where Bohman is a Gen3 AI created by Lightning, but I don't believe a word of the part where he says he's meant to be a superior to the Ignis.

Same here. I'm surprised Lightning would allow someone to be above him. But Lightning did question Bohman wanting to go duel Playmaker again because Bohman wasn't "finalized" so that could hint that Lightning really does want Bohman to be a perfected vessel. My guess would be Lightning would want Bohman to absorb the other 5 Ignis and then Lightning would absorb Bohman.

All this exposition helped Bohman's character a lot for me. Before the episode, I didn't want to see Bohman duel Playmaker again because Bohman has been beaten twice. In the second duel Bohman had the advantages of having the Link Spell Judgement Arrows and using a Data Storm in a Master Duel yet he still lost to Playmaker so his character was dropping. But considering he's the ultimate being now, it makes him more interesting. And for those same reasons, I can't see Bohman losing to Playmaker. If Bohman loses right now then Lightning's whole plan is already a failure (based on the facts Bohman told Playmaker being true and not a fabricated memory) and that can't happen already. Bohman should win this and capture Ai forcing Playmaker to work on his own for a bit.

Dark-Shimy
24th October 2018, 06:40 PM
OK. Go Onizuka with botox and it looks like it will use a Dinowrestler Synchro.

Volteccer
24th October 2018, 07:31 PM
OK. Go Onizuka with botox and it looks like it will use a Dinowrestler Synchro.

I suppose if Blue Girl got to use fusion before him, I guess it's only fair that he gets to use Synchro.

Dark-Shimy
24th October 2018, 10:01 PM
I suppose if Blue Girl got to use fusion before him, I guess it's only fair that he gets to use Synchro.

But today Go used a Fusion.

Comun
25th October 2018, 12:35 PM
That doesn't stop him from having Synchros.

KingKaash
27th October 2018, 11:11 PM
Go is finally a relevant character. Good for him. And looks like Blue Girl will get the Aqua Ignis. I'm guessing her actual Origin is gone but Blue Girl will remind her of her Origin person.

A crazier alternative would've been big brother Akira Zaizen volunteering young little sister Aoi to Dr. Kogami and his program and later finding out how bad it was when Ryoken busted the operation and then somehow using SOL Technologies to hide or remove Aoi's memories of the Lost Incident, therefore making Aoi the acutal Origin of Aqua. But I doubt VRAINS goes that deep with this storyline

J. D. Guy
28th October 2018, 08:11 AM
Glad to see more Dinowrestlers. And Fusion and likely Synchro next week, too!

But my sweet and manly Gore, what have they done to you. :(

KingKaash
3rd November 2018, 05:41 AM
What happened to the Earth Ignis is one of the saddest things I've seen in all of Yu-Gi-Oh animes. Wow

Dark-Shimy
7th November 2018, 03:33 PM
Miyu is Aqua's origin and Ghost Girl and Blood Shepard are siblings. OK.

J. D. Guy
7th November 2018, 03:49 PM
Miyu is Aqua's origin and Ghost Girl and Blood Shepard are siblings. OK.

I guess that means Ghost Gal is the "delinquent" child, while Shepard is the "dutiful" one, then. The former is estranged but altogether happy with herself, while the latter seemed happy but eventually becomes bitter and obsessive.

Oh, and Aqua's progenitor was also Skye's childhood friend. Even though she's stuck in a coma, I get the feeling this childhood friend will fare better in the story-relevant department that Gore's (who was a wasted opportunity, in my opinion).

Dark-Shimy
14th November 2018, 07:02 PM
I think that nobody expected about a new look for Blue Girl, now Blue Maiden...

Dark-Shimy
5th December 2018, 08:29 PM
It was obvious that Blood Shepard loses to Lightning. Next week, Playmaker vs Go Onizuka. Does someone know about rumours of Ai mind controlling Playmaker?

ScionStorm
6th December 2018, 05:42 AM
Drones now have a Synchro and a Fusion. When are drones coming to OCG then?

J. D. Guy
6th December 2018, 10:59 AM
It was obvious that Blood Shepard loses to Lightning. Next week, Playmaker vs Go Onizuka. Does someone know about rumours of Ai mind controlling Playmaker?

First I've heard of it. Sure it isn't somone's passed-on speculation?

Drones now have a Synchro and a Fusion. When are drones coming to OCG then?

This is just supposition, but based on the fact that Drones got 3 Duels showcasing them back to back (breath of fresh air from mostly Playmaker, in my opinion), AND, based on the fact that Drones have received a lot of new Main Deck Monsters during that time (they had loads of Spells and Traps, but only 2 Main Deck Monsters between their first two Duels, but now, their Main Deck Monsters total 8), I get the feeling that they are being "prepped" so to speak for a real life release. With that said, I would be surprised if they weren't in Dark Neostorm. We should know before the end of next week.

For anyone curious, the influx of Main Deck Monsters being an indicator in favor of an eminent real life release is due to the trend of Anime (and sometimes Manga) Decks with mostly Monsters seeing better odds of release than Anime Decks comprised mostly or entirely with Spells and Traps, which tend to get ignored or severely glossed over of their Spell and Trap selection.

Dark-Shimy
7th December 2018, 06:51 PM
First I've heard of it. Sure it isn't somone's passed-on speculation?

I saw that on YouTube comments twice. It says that Ai, angry on Go Onizuka due to Earth's death, will control Playmaker like Lightning does with Jin. We saw a first hint when Ryoken told Ai that Earth was killed. Also, DARK NEOSTORM looks like it can follow that idea. I hope it is just speculation.

KingKaash
8th December 2018, 07:36 AM
I wonder Lightning will give unconscious Blood Shepherd as a pawn to the weakened Windy to help him get back out there to fight this war, albeit Windy stating he doesn't need the help of humans. I also hope Lightning awakens and takes control of Miyu to use as a pawn vs Blue Maiden in the future, giving Blue Maiden a relevant adversary to face off against.

J. D. Guy
9th December 2018, 11:09 AM
I saw that on YouTube comments twice. It says that Ai, angry on Go Onizuka due to Earth's death, will control Playmaker like Lightning does with Jin. We saw a first hint when Ryoken told Ai that Earth was killed. Also, DARK NEOSTORM looks like it can follow that idea. I hope it is just speculation.

It being from a Youtube comment pretty much means it was just speculation. Nothing official says that gonna happen, and Ai's never shown that capability before. Really, until it happens, it's just those peoples dark speculations.

J. D. Guy
9th December 2018, 11:12 AM
I wonder Lightning will give unconscious Blood Shepherd as a pawn to the weakened Windy to help him get back out there to fight this war, albeit Windy stating he doesn't need the help of humans. I also hope Lightning awakens and takes control of Miyu to use as a pawn vs Blue Maiden in the future, giving Blue Maiden a relevant adversary to face off against.

As Blue Maiden does need someone she can Duel against and be permissed to win against, I can definitely see them pulling the "brainwashed Duelist" recurrer and using Aqua's progenitor against Aqua and Blue Maiden. A bit of a spin, since most times this is done, both sides aren't usually both female.

Also, Shepherd's conciousness being used against someone (Yusaku/Playmaker, probably, if not one of the KoH peoples). In fact, that would be a good chance for Ghost Gal to Duel again, in a rematch against her brother where she will win.

Dark-Shimy
12th December 2018, 05:44 PM
So Go Onizuka fused with Earth. Nice.

Dark-Shimy
20th December 2018, 12:35 AM
I loved Firewall Xceed Summon scene.

J. D. Guy
24th December 2018, 12:20 PM
There are some who are not quite pleased with how Gore had Playmaker dead to rights but Playmaker still won, and in the way he did.

Dark-Shimy
24th December 2018, 05:49 PM
There are some who are not quite pleased with how Gore had Playmaker dead to rights but Playmaker still won, and in the way he did.

A Skill with an aditional effect if the first try was negated. So bad.

J. D. Guy
25th December 2018, 12:38 AM
A Skill with an aditional effect if the first try was negated. So bad.

This is one of those situations were, if it really does end up bothering someone, it's best they just take a breath, let it go, and move on. It won't do nothing but fester and spread otherwise.

J. D. Guy
5th January 2019, 09:55 PM
https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2019/01/05/vrains-ep-85-spoiler/

Well, it seems after this coming week's Soulburner Duel after so long, we will finally get our Skye/Blue Maiden Duel after so long. It'll be with Bohman's caretaker/"brother", Hal. It seems he, too, will be doing something beyond mere observation and handler.

It reminds me of Spectre's case, were he wasn't much more than an occasional presence and 2nd to the Varis, until he had his first full Duel against Blue Angel. However, I do not believe this Duel will go unfavorably against Skye this time.

And we will now see what kind of influence, if any, will Aqua bring to Skye's Deck and Dueling strategies.

J. D. Guy
9th January 2019, 02:02 AM
Titles and synopses just dropped. Looking forward to these next few Duels. Including tonights Duel, the next few all seem to be 1-parters.

https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2019/01/08/vrains-ep-85-cast-list/
https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2019/01/08/vrains-eps-85-88-spoilers/

Based on next week's cast list, it seems that Soulburner is absent during the Blue Maiden VS Hal Duel episode. Not sure what that indicates exactly, but I get the feeling Soulburner will take his first loss here, and will choose to excuse himself from Varis' team-up shenanigans, for now at least, until it's time for him to make a grand re-entrance.

The titles and synopses for the next two episodes show that Blue Maiden VS Hal is a one-episode Duel, and that Lightning will go after Spectre. He'll likely secure his second win, and it'll be interesting how it turns out. How will Spectre play his Sun/Sunvine/Sunavalon Deck against someone like Lightning. The following title indicates this Duel will also be a single episode, and furthermore, Varis and Windy will go at it again. Also, Varis will be using Chain Destruction, as his old-school Yugi Trap of choice.

The final title doesn't indicate much one way or the other, and we won't have a synopsis for awhile. EDIT: Actually, looking again, it seems the final title indicates, possibly, that Windy and Varis' rematch is a two-parter. If so, then yeah, of course Varis gets a 2-parter...

Dark-Shimy
9th January 2019, 06:56 PM
Revolver vs Soulburner lasted less than Siegfried vs Haga and Ryuzaki. And Soulburner surrender. I love how Yamamoto and Saito reappeared and now they are going to Mirror Link VRAINS. Also, that Mirror Link VRAINS was spoiled on the ending. And sometimes this makes me feel that it's the final season of VRAINS.

J. D. Guy
15th January 2019, 05:22 AM
Revolver vs Soulburner lasted less than Siegfried vs Haga and Ryuzaki. And Soulburner surrender. I love how Yamamoto and Saito reappeared and now they are going to Mirror Link VRAINS. Also, that Mirror Link VRAINS was spoiled on the ending. And sometimes this makes me feel that it's the final season of VRAINS.

I wish Soulburner VS Varis was a more proper Duel, but they wanted more time for "story". This was just a conveniently relevant way to not technically have two non-Duel episodes in a row.

Anyway, we do have one year of VRAINS left; specifically, we have to deal with SOL Technologies.

KingKaash
19th January 2019, 07:05 AM
I didn't really get what they were trying to push with the Haru and Bohman brotherhood thing but I really don't care because Haru was a nearly useless character. He ultimately gave Blue Maiden a easy win so at least that's something because we haven't seen Blue Maiden doing anything in awhile.

As the preview shows, I can't wait for the next duel between Lightning and Spectre! It may go down as the best duel in the VRAINS show that does not involve the protagonist or their rival.

Comun
23rd January 2019, 07:22 PM
Well, this Duel proved once again that we can only TRULY hype Vrains when it's a Spectre episode. The rest of the is enjoyable on low hype, but when Spectre gets to duel, it's on a whole other level. In just two turns we already got a turn 1 Extra Link, maybe the first Spell stealing ever and a reserve "But you still take the damage" moment. And according to the preview, next episode Spectre will manage to flip Lightning's Extra Link into his own. Amazing stuff is happening right now.

ScionStorm
25th January 2019, 03:59 AM
Why the character with the most punchable face in the franchise gets the most exciting duels...

J. D. Guy
28th January 2019, 06:43 AM
I didn't really get what they were trying to push with the Haru and Bohman brotherhood thing but I really don't care because Haru was a nearly useless character. He ultimately gave Blue Maiden a easy win so at least that's something because we haven't seen Blue Maiden doing anything in awhile.

As the preview shows, I can't wait for the next duel between Lightning and Spectre! It may go down as the best duel in the VRAINS show that does not involve the protagonist or their rival.

To Hal's credit, his "usefulness" (if such needs to be dissected) as Bohman's keeper helped both him and Bohman out tremendously. Bohman will reap more of the benefits, especially going forward, but despite the lack of time for Hal that wasn't about Bohman Dueling Playmaker, I feel his character was well enough for what it was. Really, I'm just glad Hal got this development.

I also enjoyed the Duel, and appreciated that Hal using basic Hydradrive combos reflected Hal as being the "prototype" (as opposed to the usual thing where the prototype is ridculously strong compared to anything that came after). Blue Maiden played her part skillfully, but Hal tried his best.

Link-0
31st January 2019, 11:47 PM
Now I want something beyond Extra Link Full Mode. For beauty.

Perhaps a full backrow of co-linked Link Spells. Including Pendulum Link Spells on both sides, for extra incredulity. And beauty.

KingKaash
2nd February 2019, 07:28 AM
I had a good feeling about Lightning vs Spectre and it did not disappoint! I'm glad Spectre mentioned that their decks are similar because yes they're both more of a "grind it out" style which I enjoy watching more. And Revolver admitting Spectre surpassed him by dropping a Extra Link Full Mode was awesome.

From Lightning's side, he's shown in both his duels now that he can break through established fields which is amazing. I really wonder if Lightning or Bohman will be the last main villain standing?

Link-0
2nd February 2019, 05:57 PM
I wonder too. But my bets are on the big boss(es) of SOL Technology for last villain(s).

Playmaker has increasingly acknowledged Ai as a partner and friend, so, after Lightning and Windy are defeated, the time is ripe for SOL to finally capture Ai, pushing Playmaker and Co. (including Bohman) to fight SOL to save Ai, stop their hybrid-humans World Domination® plans, and recompile Earth while they are at it.

Or maybe something less predictable.

KingKaash
6th February 2019, 05:44 AM
I wonder too. But my bets are on the big boss(es) of SOL Technology for last villain(s).

Playmaker has increasingly acknowledged Ai as a partner and friend, so, after Lightning and Windy are defeated, the time is ripe for SOL to finally capture Ai, pushing Playmaker and Co. (including Bohman) to fight SOL to save Ai, stop their hybrid-humans World Domination® plans, and recompile Earth while they are at it.

Or maybe something less predictable.

That would be a surprising twist to see SOL become the main villain with Bohman still around. But I could see Bohman becoming an ally for the time being because he doesn't seem innately evil towards Playmaker and company.

Volteccer
7th February 2019, 12:28 AM
Windy vs. Soulburner. Im guessing whoever loses (Windy), the Ignis, when it disappears, will be absorbed into Bohman, thanks to him synchronizing with Mirror Link Vrains.

ScionStorm
14th February 2019, 10:01 PM
Judgement Arrows is the RUM Barian's Force of Vrains.

Dark-Shimy
14th March 2019, 06:20 PM
Nice death for Kusanagi and Playmaker unconscious. Now Bowman vs Soulburner. Thoughts?

Volteccer
16th March 2019, 03:32 PM
Nice death for Kusanagi and Playmaker unconscious. Now Bowman vs Soulburner. Thoughts?

Soulburner will lose, and all of this has confirmed that everyone that mirror link vrains has absorbed will come back sooner rather than later.

Dark-Shimy
27th March 2019, 06:22 PM
Well, finally Soulburner lost. Now, Revolver vs Lightning. If Revolver wins, Playmaker and Revolver vs Bohman. If Ligthning wins, I see Bohman vs Lightning.

Off-topic: why this forum has many problems? Sometimes can't enter the site, sometimes it says the site is not safe...

Volteccer
27th March 2019, 07:40 PM
Well, finally Soulburner lost. Now, Revolver vs Lightning. If Revolver wins, Playmaker and Revolver vs Bohman. If Ligthning wins, I see Bohman vs Lightning.

Off-topic: why this forum has many problems? Sometimes can't enter the site, sometimes it says the site is not safe...
I'm thinking: revolver wins, then Bohman beats him to show off his power, leaving the end of the arc to be playmaker versus bohman.
They haven't done a tag duel in vrains yet.

Dark-Shimy
19th April 2019, 05:41 AM
OK, so Lightning beat Revolver and was absorbed by Bohman. Now Playmaker vs Bohman. I think that, to be a complete last duel, Bohman will absorb AI during the Duel.

Dark-Shimy
22nd May 2019, 06:21 PM
So AI is the new enemy, eh? Unexpected.

J. D. Guy
25th May 2019, 09:44 PM
So AI is the new enemy, eh? Unexpected.

I really wonder why Ai is being so autonomous.

Dark-Shimy
29th May 2019, 07:31 PM
Ai's @Ignister Deck looks sweet! Also I think it's clear how this is going to end. Ai throwing away his past self is just like Shark when he becomes Nasch the Barian. Ai will be erased by Playmaker and reunite back again with the Ignises in heaven. I prepare my tears...

On a side note, Queen is so sexy...

ScionStorm
29th May 2019, 09:59 PM
The Allure Queen deck was unexpected. I want more. And I want them in next year's CP. Just wish it would lean into the LV aspect of Allure Queen. Give her a LV 9 maybe like Chazz getting Armed Dragon LV10.

J. D. Guy
31st May 2019, 08:53 PM
The Allure Queen deck was unexpected. I want more. And I want them in next year's CP. Just wish it would lean into the LV aspect of Allure Queen. Give her a LV 9 maybe like Chazz getting Armed Dragon LV10.

While it's still a toss-up now, I can actually see these 3 Allure Queen cards getting printed in Chsos Impact.

But yeah, Allure Queens were pleasantly surprising to see. An Allure Queen LV 9 would be cool, but I kinda want an Allure Queen LV 1 as a play starter that can gather those 2 Spells.

- - - Updated - - -

Ai's @Ignister Deck looks sweet! Also I think it's clear how this is going to end. Ai throwing away his past self is just like Shark when he becomes Nasch the Barian. Ai will be erased by Playmaker and reunite back again with the Ignises in heaven. I prepare my tears...

On a side note, Queen is so sexy...

It seems to be making about as much sense as Shark embracing his Barian-ness did so far (it came off too much as "we need Shark to be a Barian and against Yuma now 'cause we running out of episodes). That is to say, it feels abrupt without adequate reasoning or on-screen transition.

Dark-Shimy
11th July 2019, 05:57 AM
Ok, so what we have now is that Ai is depressed due to the other dead Ignises. Spoilers states that Ai will beat Akira and Blue Maiden and take over SOL to turn on Link VRAINS again. And Soulburner will duel Roboppy.

I want @Ignister cards released now.

Dark-Shimy
17th July 2019, 07:00 PM
OK, nobody expected Ai using Judgment Arrows.

Archsorcerer
18th July 2019, 04:53 PM
Shimy, forums are dead. People are in the discord.

Dark-Shimy
18th July 2019, 10:49 PM
Shimy, forums are dead. People are in the discord.

OK, then I'm going there...