PDA

View Full Version : Structure Decks You'd Like To See?

ScionStorm
27th November 2017, 11:21 AM
After two straight Cyberse SDs and a series of legacy character based SDs, what do you guys want to see as new SD in the future?

For me, I'd like to see an Insect SD and a Beast SD.

Insect SD would add new support to make Spiders an Archetype. It would include a new Spider Synchro and Xyz monster.

Beast SD would include new Baboon monsters and an upgraded Behemoth. A new Beast fusion and maybe a ritual retrain of Super War Lion.

Those would be nice to start with. Then maybe we could get a Beast-Warrior deck and a Plant deck. Maybe even a Psychic deck.

Yugi.feder03
27th November 2017, 12:57 PM
Lol almost everything you posted has been in my mind for a lot of time, except for the Synchro and Xyz Spiders. I was thinking more in a Ritual Spider. In fact, I'm in the process of creating some of those cards for a Create a Card post. And I'm doing not only Super War Lion, but an Effect retrain of every non-effect Ritual Monster. The War Lion retrain I made is named Ultimate War Lion.

And talking about Rituals, I think it's more than about time to get a Ritual-focused Structure Deck, as we got of every other Special Summon type, in addition to all those Decks you mentioned. A Thunder Structure would also be a good idea, named Thunder Strike maybe.

Dread Kaiser
27th November 2017, 09:36 PM
Super War Lion was always one of my favorites, thanks to Dark Duel Stories.
Naturally by the time it got to the TCG, it was completely useless.......well, even more useless than the old no-effect Rituals already were

but if we are going with Types, then Psychic all the way and then some

Volteccer
28th November 2017, 04:19 AM
An SD based around burn damage would be nice. We have Trickstars, but burn should be more viable than it is. That or milling. Basically I would like an SD that works in a manner different than most decks while still being capable.

BBDD
30th November 2017, 08:39 PM
And talking about Rituals, I think it's more than about time to get a Ritual-focused Structure Deck, as we got of every other Special Summon type, in addition to all those Decks you mentioned. A Thunder Structure would also be a good idea, named Thunder Strike maybe.
This. It's annoying how much Konami is willingly ignoring them. We have... four Ritual archetypes, if I don't forget anyone (Gishki, Nekroz, Cyber Angels, Vendread), and other stray ones, which are basically useless and never see any use.

Volteccer
1st December 2017, 03:49 AM
Would you count Shinobirds as a ritual deck?

J. D. Guy
1st December 2017, 03:59 AM

I certainly do.

ZXtheD
1st December 2017, 04:53 AM
Psychic, Plant, Beast, Insect, and Fiend Structure Decks would be good. Generic type-based stuff only.

ScionStorm
2nd December 2017, 01:44 AM

It's a deck. Though they currently aren't an archetype.

BBDD
7th December 2017, 07:44 PM
Well, to be honest I was talking about archetypes. But yeah, whatever. It's not that much of a deck, though. they're just a bunch of cards that can't even work together properly. They're as much a "deck" as Ruin and Demise are.

ScionStorm
26th January 2018, 11:53 PM
We should have a Plant Structure Deck based entirely around Bean Soldier and Jerry Beans Man. Make the Bean deck Tier 1 OP. ;P

Yugi.feder03
27th January 2018, 12:19 PM
I want a new Gemini Structure deck, but I also especially want a Spirit Structure Deck, they could treat it as a Noah Kaiba Structure, but I think it's about time to get a structure that boosts the original variant of Spirits that aimed to Summon Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi or Yamata Dragon, and stop derailing with other concepts that don't even make sense like Spirit Pendulums.

ScionStorm
27th January 2018, 12:53 PM
We've had a Gemini SD. Phoenix Gearfried was the deck's ace cover monster.
http://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/0/0b/PhoenixGearfried-LDK2-EN-C-1E.png/revision/latest?cb=20161007083603

Yugi.feder03
27th January 2018, 01:20 PM
We've had a Gemini SD. Phoenix Gearfried was the deck's ace cover monster. It's curious that I forgot that structure deck had Gemini monsters because it lacks "Gemini" on its name, though now that I remember it I have always considered it more a Warrior than a Gemini deck because it only had a few Gemini cards. Anyway, I suppose it still applies as a Gemini deck, so I guess I'm editing my comments to fix my neglect.

ScionStorm
27th January 2018, 08:36 PM
It's curious that I forgot that structure deck had Gemini monsters because it lacks "Gemini" on its name, though now that I remember it I have always considered it more a Warrior than a Gemini deck because it only had a few Gemini cards. Anyway, I suppose it still applies as a Gemini deck, so I guess I'm editing my comments to fix my neglect.

It had 7 Gemini monsters total. 3 of the 5 new cards introduced in the deck were Gemini monsters, the 4th new card was a Gemini support monster and the 5th new card was a Gemini support Spell card. It also contained Gemini Summoner, Unleash Your Power!, Gemini Trap Hole, as well as indirect support in cards like Double Summon and Justi-Break.

J. D. Guy
29th January 2018, 02:09 AM
I want a new Gemini Structure deck, but I also especially want a Spirit Structure Deck, they could treat it as a Noah Kaiba Structure, but I think it's about time to get a structure that boosts the original variant of Spirits that aimed to Summon Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi or Yamata Dragon, and stop derailing with other concepts that don't even make sense like Spirit Pendulums.

I think Spirit Pendulums make a lot of sense, especially in hindsight.

Volteccer
29th January 2018, 03:23 AM
I think Spirit Pendulums make a lot of sense, especially in hindsight.

Yeah, Pendulum summoning gives Spirits the field presence they naturally lack since they don't stay on the field, and they can't truly die. The only problem is most older spirit monsters can't be special summoned.
I do agree Spirits need an engine to actually get out Yamata Dragon.

J. D. Guy
30th January 2018, 09:00 AM
Yeah, Pendulum summoning gives Spirits the field presence they naturally lack since they don't stay on the field, and they can't truly die. The only problem is most older spirit monsters can't be special summoned.
I do agree Spirits need an engine to actually get out Yamata Dragon.

Yep. There's something ephemeral about Pendulums that translates well to a Spirit Monster aesthetic.

And I, too, would like a more streamlined way of playing the likes of Yamata Dragon et al.

MajorRiot
9th March 2018, 09:31 PM
There absolutely needs to be a new Dark World structure deck. I do not know what has happened, but Dark World has been getting little to no love while all these other old monsters have. Why has Dark World not received a link or xyz or even synchro monster? I would be thrilled and tickled pink if a new Gates of the Underworld structure deck was announced. I know that Lair of Darkness is soon and focuses on dark monsters but come on!! Let me have new good Dark World stuff to play with! At least give me Dark World Corridor from the anime!

J. D. Guy
17th March 2018, 06:08 AM
There absolutely needs to be a new Dark World structure deck. I do not know what has happened, but Dark World has been getting little to no love while all these other old monsters have. Why has Dark World not received a link or xyz or even synchro monster? I would be thrilled and tickled pink if a new Gates of the Underworld structure deck was announced. I know that Lair of Darkness is soon and focuses on dark monsters but come on!! Let me have new good Dark World stuff to play with! At least give me Dark World Corridor from the anime!

We did get Dark World Brainwashing not too long ago.

MajorRiot
26th March 2018, 10:47 PM
We did get Dark World Brainwashing not too long ago.

Dude, that card is so bad, and it was a common, that it was shameful, disgraceful, and disgusting. Don't remind me of that vile garbage.

J. D. Guy
27th March 2018, 01:56 AM
Dude, that card is so bad, and it was a common, that it was shameful, disgraceful, and disgusting. Don't remind me of that vile garbage.

...I can't say I appreciate a response like this. :(

CardTamer
27th March 2018, 03:45 AM
I've honestly resigned myself to the fact that anything other than Structure Deck Rs are going to be Cyberse until VRAINS is over. Still, what I would love is Structure Decks based on the old DT archetypes, especially ones that didn't get that much support or are in need of more support, like Jurracs, Genex, and Ally of Justice.

Indytotof
27th March 2018, 07:27 AM
Speaking of Dark World and GX, wasn't they supposed to had a Lv12 Fusion Boss monster called Colorless, Chaos King of Dark World that was never summoned by Brron during his duel against Jaden ?

Maybe we'll get him next Collector Pack ?

J. D. Guy
27th March 2018, 09:07 AM
Speaking of Dark World and GX, wasn't they supposed to had a Lv12 Fusion Boss monster called Colorless, Chaos King of Dark World that was never summoned by Brron during his duel against Jaden ?

Maybe we'll get him next Collector Pack ?

I've seen speculation that Dark World Dealings getting reprinted in the Japanese Tournament Pack 18 foreshadows Dark World cards getting released somewhere in the same time frame (not an unsound speculation, when cards getting reprinted there have just about always corresponded to a new card release in the vicinity of that Tournament Pack).

Perhaps this Collectors Pack they will release the remaining GX Dark World cards, including Cobalt, Dark Corridor, and Colorless, if the foreshadowing turns out be accurate?

ScionStorm
6th May 2018, 09:55 PM
Well, looks like we are getting a third general Link structure deck in a row. So the question still stands. Have you hope for SD future? What kind of SDs do you want to see?

King
15th May 2018, 09:28 PM
For a Structure Deck R, I'm probally down for a Zombie or Dragon thing

For regular SDs anything besided Yusaku.

Sanokal
16th May 2018, 01:18 AM
A Structure Deck that can make Varis's deck cohesive would be nice.

Volteccer
16th May 2018, 02:45 AM
I want a fourth cyberse structure deck.

King
16th May 2018, 03:10 AM
A Structure Deck that can make Varis's deck cohesive would be nice.

Who Is varis?

Sanokal
16th May 2018, 03:58 AM
Who Is varis?

Revolver in the dub.

King
16th May 2018, 01:10 PM
Revolver in the dub.

Doesn't Sound too bad for a Dub name...

ScionStorm
17th May 2018, 12:29 AM

Oh wow. And I was just reading a book where a guy tries to rip his own face off.

BBDD
18th May 2018, 01:00 PM
He said it, he the absolute madman!

Anyway, I'd love a Zombie Madness/Zombie World retrain for the next Structure Deck R.
As for the next standard Structure Deck, anything that isn't Cyberse would be fine. Or, if they reeeeally want to do another one in a row, at least a GOOD cyberse deck. Something that isn't "Vomit your hand into the field and then gg because your field actually sucks even if you used your entire hand for it" would be nice.

Actually, I'd really love if standard Structure Decks upgraded old archetypes that didn't receive a Structure in the old days. For example, a Gusto Structure Deck, or a Gishki, or, I don't know, a Mist Valley or a [Mecha] Phantom Beast one.
It would be awesome, since it could update a deck while also giving free reprints of older, hard-to-find cards (just an example: Nobody around me has some Naturia Cherries to spare. NOBODY).

Volteccer
18th May 2018, 06:38 PM
For a real answer, and not a sarcastic one, I'd like and ancient gear gadjitron R deck, that makes something like Stronghold a legitimate win condition for gadgets instead of them just winning through attrition.

ScionStorm
27th August 2018, 11:29 PM
i want a fourth cyberse structure deck.

Dammit man! YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1ym8qj1A8cO48_iGuvBx7vIErQf-UIlJYwah_-OZucqhkWRSq

J. D. Guy
28th August 2018, 02:45 AM
Dammit man! YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1ym8qj1A8cO48_iGuvBx7vIErQf-UIlJYwah_-OZucqhkWRSq

Eh, Salamangreat may be Cyberse-Type, but they're different enough for it not to count. They're really their own thing, and outside a few exceptions, prefer to stay homogeneous with their own kind. Like what we've seen of D-Scales and especially Hydradrives, they're not comparable to Playmaker Cyberse outside sharing a Type.

Indytotof
6th September 2018, 08:59 AM
A Structure Deck R version of Dragon's Roar will make me happy.

ScionStorm
6th September 2018, 11:20 PM
A Structure Deck R version of Dragon's Roar will make me happy.

Would it just lean more heavily into being a Red-Eyes structure? That would make sense since we already got a Blue-Eyes SD a while back. Maybe we could finally get a retrain of Red-Eyes Fusion. Maybe we could get a new fusion. I'd like to see a Gaia the Dragon Champion kind of fusion but with Red-Eyes and Flame Swordsman.

ScionStorm
5th October 2018, 03:14 AM
Spellcaster's Command is likely the next SDR coming up. Can anyone else see it being an Endymion/Mythical Beast Pendulum deck with a Magical Citadel field searcher, a reprint of Magicalize Fusion and a new Endymion Fusion monster ace?

J. D. Guy
28th October 2018, 08:16 AM
Spellcaster's Command is likely the next SDR coming up. Can anyone else see it being an Endymion/Mythical Beast Pendulum deck with a Magical Citadel field searcher, a reprint of Magicalize Fusion and a new Endymion Fusion monster ace?

Would be cool. One of the few products I brought in real life was the Endymion Structure, so I'd love that to be the next R Structure. A new Fusion would be cool, too.

J. D. Guy
12th November 2018, 04:23 AM

It will indeed be an Endymion Structure. It'll have 40 cards, and 2 Special Cards included, but whether or not any Extra Deck cards are kind of up in the air and iffy, unless it's one of the 2 Special Cards.

ScionStorm
12th November 2018, 05:44 AM
It will indeed be an Endymion Structure. It'll have 40 cards, and 2 Special Cards included, but whether or not any Extra Deck cards are kind of up in the air and iffy, unless it's one of the 2 Special Cards.

I thought the "2 Promotional Cards" was including the Extra Deck cards.

Undead World was advertised the exact same way. 40-card deck and 2 Promotional Cards. Those promotional cards turned out to be SR07-000 "Tatsunecro" and SR07-041 'Red-Eyes Zombie Necro Dragon".

Previous to SR07, SDRs were advertised as 40-card deck and 1 Promotional card. That promotional card was always the -000 card of the deck. If we are getting 2 promotional cards again that suggests we are are getting a new Extra Deck card which would be -041 if there are no multiple copies.

All that remains to be seen is whether I'm right about it being a new Fusion monster for Magicalize Fusion to target. Also whether they incorporate the expanded Mythical Beast Pendulum theme into the deck given Mythical Institution is located in Enymion's citadel.

J. D. Guy
27th November 2018, 09:11 AM
I thought the "2 Promotional Cards" was including the Extra Deck cards.

Undead World was advertised the exact same way. 40-card deck and 2 Promotional Cards. Those promotional cards turned out to be SR07-000 "Tatsunecro" and SR07-041 'Red-Eyes Zombie Necro Dragon".

Previous to SR07, SDRs were advertised as 40-card deck and 1 Promotional card. That promotional card was always the -000 card of the deck. If we are getting 2 promotional cards again that suggests we are are getting a new Extra Deck card which would be -041 if there are no multiple copies.

All that remains to be seen is whether I'm right about it being a new Fusion monster for Magicalize Fusion to target. Also whether they incorporate the expanded Mythical Beast Pendulum theme into the deck given Mythical Institution is located in Enymion's citadel.

Happy the forums are back! :) I missed this humble place. :D

As to your post, ScionStorm, in that case, it does seem we will be an Extra Deck Monster! Cool! It also means we'll have more Main Deck cards than what we've been getting in pre-Undead World R Structures, which is always a nice thing.

While the Extra Deck Monster could be a Fusion, to give more heft to Magicalize Fusion's arsenal, since Spell Counter Casters have had a thing with Synchros, I would not be surprised to see Endymion as a Level 7 Synchro, with 2 of the Monsters in the Deck, including the other Promotion Card at 000, being new Tuners for the Deck to go along with it.

Archsorcerer
24th December 2018, 11:10 PM
Likely already mentioned but a Joey/Jonouchi one.

Gearfried Red-Eyes Knight could use a few more buddies. Maybe a trap equip card that could be activated from the hand.

A new Gilford. Black or Purple Lightning.