PDA

View Full Version : Sports Fusion (U.A. deck)

SynjoDeonecros
6th October 2015, 06:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OfbWytt.png

Now, I don't usually like sports; I find them boring, and don't care enough to really be interested in them. But I did like the gimmick of the U.A. cards, so I decided to gather them up and make a deck out of them. At first, it was just a pure, run-of-the-mill U.A. deck, then I was coerced into throwing in Chicken Game, which I didn't like a whole lot, and now, after reading an article on TCGPlayer, I decided to throw in Norden for some reuse of Midfielder. Not sure how I'm going to refine this more, or if I'll like Norden in this deck, but whatever.

Sakuya
6th October 2015, 07:08 PM
I mean if you're gonna run norden I think you should probably run the heroic engine or something to have level 4s that aren't midfielder, which shouldn't be in the grave anyways. The lack of stormforth or any rank 4s that are actually good kinda irks me too. Turnover tactics is bad.

SynjoDeonecros
6th October 2015, 07:42 PM
I'm trying to stay pure here, I haven't had much luck with pulling Stormforth from my deck when I need it, and my other Rank4s are in my other decks, so I don't want to risk damaging them by swapping them out. And I'm only testing out Turnover Tactics at 1 for filler.

Mystic TimeKeeper
6th October 2015, 07:47 PM
Turnover is more side material, but i say 1 is fine, I like the card.
You could try a couple Photon Thrasher to have tribute fodder AND Norden material, but as things stands Norden isn't going to do much work besides being tribute fodder with only Midfielder as a target (even because reviving Midfielder with Norden will probably lead to mid being swapped and Norden being tributed for Rebounder at best).

SynjoDeonecros
6th October 2015, 07:59 PM
Well, like I said, I got the idea from a TCGPlayer article that used it to help the consistency of U.A.s, so I'm just trying it out to see what happens.

Mystic TimeKeeper
6th October 2015, 08:14 PM
Well, like I said, I got the idea from a TCGPlayer article that used it to help the consistency of U.A.s, so I'm just trying it out to see what happens.

At least Instant gives you tribute fodder anyway, just that without many LV 4 Norden is going to be only a pretty fancy tribute target. If you haven't got problems with tribute fodder Thrasher isn't needed (it has the nice thing of being live turn 1 unlike Haleberd so I'll point that out), and if you decide to drop Norden but keep Instant, Panzer Dragon has weird uses so I suggest him.

If you don't rely too much on your Extra I think you should get the 3rd fusion for instant, in case you need all 3 of them, which is unlikely but with U.A. using the extra is unlikely too.

SynjoDeonecros
6th October 2015, 08:23 PM
I do have triple Panzer Dragon, so I can use that in a pinch.

Sakuya
6th October 2015, 08:26 PM
keeping to just pure is bad honestly, the deck bricks badly and doesn't have many options due to extra deck options all being too minus. Speedroids are about as close as you can get to going pure with as few cards as possible. 3 top, 2 takemtoburg, and one red eyed die opens up your extra deck and more ways to get midfielder. But since you're running norden the hand engine takes up the same space and is, while less effective, good for rank 4 plays. Also if you're gonna run rebounder, you really want to run stormforth. Luck or no, rebounder is absolute unreliable trash without some way of tribute summoning him without tributing a u.a.

SynjoDeonecros
6th October 2015, 08:42 PM
I never liked combining archetypes, honestly; it pains me each time I see the Clownblade engine in my Heraldic Beast deck, and I really don't want to sully my U.A. deck with anything else. That, and space limitation. And honestly, Stormfoth never did anything for me, at all. I hate it in this deck, and it's the reason why I removed it. Call it dumb, but there's no way I'm going to rely on it for bringing out Rebounder or any of the other high-level U.A.s. I'd rather go with Reasoning, to be honest, and that I reluctantly took out for the Norden engine.

SynjoDeonecros
27th October 2015, 08:09 PM
Anyone want to give me some budget-minded ideas for improving this deck? I don't have access to Speedroid support, and while I have like $60 in paypal, I'm keeping that safe until I know how much the cards I need for the next set are, so I don't overspend. Any suggestions would be appreciated, just keep in mind I'm extremely low-budget right now.

Thanako
29th October 2015, 02:58 AM
See, this is where it gets complicated. You could always run things that can make a field presence, I've seen some decks attempt to use Reborn Tengu for some reason, for example. A level 3 engine is most ideal as M-X-Saber Invoker is too mint to pass up. This is why I've inadvertently helped make the HSR engine a popular (U.A. isn't popular, but word spreads when you win enough on DevPro with deck stealers) method of using U.A. The defensive play that Totem Bird has mixed in with the speed that is Invoker creates a much safer experience with a deck that needs all of the help it can get.

I don't know what to say, but I don't know if you can improve the deck if you aren't willing to compromise a little. Konami kind of just gave up on this archetype despite hinting that more was to come.

SynjoDeonecros
29th October 2015, 03:15 AM
Well, I do have an Invoker that I can't seem to sell, so I'm open to suggestions on a good engine for it, but I prefer a Warrior engine, if possible, so I can keep to the theme and make the engine searchable with ROTA.

Sakuya
29th October 2015, 05:51 PM
Well with rota going to one ya can't really afford to search anything not named midfielder now

SynjoDeonecros
29th October 2015, 07:54 PM
That is true. I was thinking of putting in a pair of Feedback Warriors for Invoker summoning, but the ROTA hit is making me question that, now.

Sakuya
29th October 2015, 08:08 PM
Just get the speedroid engine already, its just 3 top 2 take 1 red eyed dice. Much mpre effective than some janky workaround that makes you go minus and is ultra slow

SynjoDeonecros
29th October 2015, 08:19 PM
That puts me at $5. Not bad, but I don't have the money for it, right now.

EDIT: Well, okay, I managed to find 2 Terrortop and 1 taketomborg, so I just need one more of each. That takes the price down below $3, but still...

Genku
31st October 2015, 06:04 AM
If you need a gimmicky engine just to make the deck work, it's not even worth bothering to play it..

SynjoDeonecros
31st October 2015, 02:40 PM
You talking about the Speedroid engine? Or something else?

SynjoDeonecros
1st November 2015, 12:56 AM
I wouldn't know what to replace in my deck for the Speedroid engine, aside from the copies of ROTA and the Norden engine, but that requires filling in one extra spot in my extra deck, and taking out one more card for the full engine (probably Turnover Tactics). Makes me wonder if it's worth it or not...

Genku
1st November 2015, 08:58 PM
Don't use Speedroids... Quite frankly, the deck is dead, thanks to a lack of ROTA.. your only VIABLE option, if you MUST insist on playing it is draw cards.. and possibly Reasoning, but you'd have to reconfigure the deck to add a lot of tech that works in the grave as well..

SynjoDeonecros
1st November 2015, 09:36 PM
Bah, I dunno. I really like the archetype, and I really want to try and continue using it, but I agree, 1 ROTA and only 1 target for it in-theme really hurts the deck.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd November 2015, 05:13 PM
I know it's a mite slow, but would Field-Commander Rahz work as a searcher for Midfielder? All you need to do is hold off for a turn, and you've got yourself an instant Midfielder to start your combos off with.

Nerdyasian1
2nd November 2015, 06:01 PM
You could run maxx "c" and breakthrough, you get discard fodder for ace off maxx "c" and breakthrough is a decent pitch card.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd November 2015, 06:19 PM
Maxx "C" is way out of my price range, and Breakthrough Skill is iffy as well, right now. Right now, I want to know if Rahz is a good tech for this deck to get out Midfielder, faster.

Nerdyasian1
2nd November 2015, 06:35 PM
Monk would be a better choice over rahz, as long as you have a tag target.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd November 2015, 06:38 PM
Well, I'm thinking of the normal summon effect for Midfielder, is why. Though, , with 16 Spells in my deck, currently, Monk could be of some use...

Nerdyasian1
2nd November 2015, 06:43 PM
Monk also lets you combo with norden, and you can have more rank 4 utility
It's really player pref, you could run 1 monk and 1 rahz

- - - Updated - - -

Also, run the third ace over two goalkeep, ace has much more utility

SynjoDeonecros
2nd November 2015, 08:13 PM
Nah, I like my ratios of U.A. cards, and besides, I don't have any extra Ace. I'm going to try and use 2 Monk, but if I don't like it I'll trade up for Rahz.

SynjoDeonecros
8th November 2015, 05:55 PM
Now I remember why I stopped going on Pojo. I suggested Rahz to people, and they bit my head off on there, so that was fun...

SynjoDeonecros
12th November 2015, 10:11 PM
Someone on TCGPlayer's staff, when reviewing the new set, suggested using Shuffle Reborn in U.A.s. Anyone have any suggestions on that?

SynjoDeonecros
24th November 2015, 09:28 PM
Okay, so apparently a lot of people on Pojo are not liking Shuffle Reborn, due to its banishing effect. As such, I've taken it out and put in the Speedroid engine. I really don't want it in there, though, so any other suggestions on how to improve this deck would be appreciated.

Genku
24th November 2015, 11:13 PM
Reasoning engine.. 3x Reasoning, + stuff that benefits from being in the grave, like Cyclone, BTS, Mischief of the Gnomes, which comes in handy since a majority of the U.A.s are higher level, thus reducing your dependency on Midfielder.

SynjoDeonecros
25th November 2015, 12:35 AM
I don't have Cyclone, and BTS is in another deck, but I do have 2 Mischief of the Gnomes, so I'll try that. I also thought about using the level 3 and 4 Igknights for some sort of deck-thinning/Pendulum plays.

Nerdyasian1
25th November 2015, 12:39 AM
Reborn is actually really good in the deck if you have a tag target, otherwise call of the haunted is your go to graveyard choice if you run reasoning. Also Feast of the Wild LV 5 is pretty good for recycling and rank 5 plays

SynjoDeonecros
9th December 2015, 05:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gZEDV17.png

Well, this is what I have, so far. Not sure if I have enough monsters for Reasoning. Also, someone on Pojo mentioned a Pendulum Magician engine for the deck, but I'm not sure if I want to go that route. Thoughts?

SynjoDeonecros
17th December 2015, 10:17 PM
Thinking of taking the Breakthrough Skill I have in my Wanghu deck and putting it in here, for use with Reasoning; right now, I have Skill Prisoner, instead. What do you guys think?

SynjoDeonecros
19th December 2015, 08:30 PM
So, while I'm taking it with a huge grain of salt, people on Pojo are saying the Skill traps (Breakthrough and Prisoner) aren't going to be useful in the next meta, so I should try something else. What do you guys think?

Jolan
20th December 2015, 06:11 PM
So, while I'm taking it with a huge grain of salt, people on Pojo are saying the Skill traps (Breakthrough and Prisoner) aren't going to be useful in the next meta, so I should try something else. What do you guys think?

Honestly, Triple Notice stopping both special summons and monster effects is a gajillion times better than a 2-shot Veiler and a 2-shot Clear Wing. Skill traps have lasting power but Solemn Notice has strength in the one moment you need it.

SynjoDeonecros
20th December 2015, 07:29 PM
Well, obviously, but Notice will likely be hella expensive to get a hold of, given the hype surrounding it. If I can't get a hold of even one, I need a more budget-minded alternative to it that I can exploit.

Jolan
20th December 2015, 08:39 PM
Well, obviously, but Notice will likely be hella expensive to get a hold of, given the hype surrounding it. If I can't get a hold of even one, I need a more budget-minded alternative to it that I can exploit.
Run triple Grand Horn of Heaven and hope for the best.

SynjoDeonecros
20th December 2015, 09:25 PM
Hmm... Well, in that case, should I even have Reasoning in my deck? I'm told it's finnicky, but it's the only way I can see to get out my monsters easily, without Midfielder or Signing Deal.

SynjoDeonecros
14th January 2016, 04:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cq76r5n.png

SO, revamped my deck. Took out a lot of things and added more backrow. Also felt I should ditch Turnover Tactics, for fear of giving the opponent options for bringing out the Kozmo spaceships or something else just as strong and annoying.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd January 2016, 11:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tstcYLz.png

So, talking with a few people on Pojo, I reinserted Turnover Tactics, to make use of it with Blockbacker, and for extra draw and summoning power, I put in a variant of the core Performapal engine. Naturally, I won't be able to use this deck until after next set comes out, but still...

SynjoDeonecros
8th February 2016, 05:48 PM
Which Performapal should I have instead of Turn Toad? Bit Bite Turtle, Drummerilla, or Camelump?

EDIT: Okay, so Monkeyboard can't search for Drummerilla, so it's down to Bit Bite Turtle and Camelump. Camelump has the advantage of being scale 2, allowing for the Pendulum Summon of Lizardraw, if I need it, but Bit Bite Turtle has two advantages: it's a reptile, like Lizardraw, so I can side in King of the Feral Imps to search them, and it's level 3 like Lizardraw, meaning I can use them for Xyzing into Invoker to search for Midfielder. Which do you guys think I should do?

SynjoDeonecros
12th February 2016, 04:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ar7YZpH.png

After the frustration I had with some Pojo goers about the Performapal engine, I took it out and made the deck pure again.

SynjoDeonecros
29th March 2016, 06:41 PM
Hmm. Dracossack seems too expensive, right now; since it's been reprinted at a lower price, should I replace it with Big Eye, or no? Or maybe Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon?

SynjoDeonecros
1st April 2016, 09:35 PM
My boyfriend got me a Premium Gold 3, and I managed to pull both Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon and Big Eye (the Xyz). I want to use them both in my deck, but I only have room for one (since I have Gaia Dragon and Master of Blades as the other two Rank 7 in my deck). Which would you suggest I put in?

SynjoDeonecros
20th April 2016, 01:01 AM
Do people use Torrential Tribute, anymore? I want to drop a card for the now-limited Reasoning, but I don't want to drop Turnover Tactics, so...

SynjoDeonecros
29th April 2016, 07:33 PM
The lone Monarchs Stormforth seems inadequate for this deck, but I have no more room for a second one. Should I stick with it, or should I discard it for a Reasoning?

SynjoDeonecros
27th May 2016, 10:25 PM
... Pure U.A. isn't going to cut it in the meta, anymore, is it? Thing is, I don't want to do a mash-up; last U.A. deck I saw was on TCGPlayer, where the guy "fixed" it by adding in the Kaijus, so...

SynjoDeonecros
29th June 2016, 06:06 PM
I'm still tempted to do a Performapal engine for this deck, to make getting U.A.s out easier; I've got a Monkeyboard, 3 Lizardraws, 2 Odd-Eyes Unicorn, and I'm getting 3 Swincobras in, soon, giving me enough cards to be able to get out any U.A. besides the level 8 one. Suggestions? I could replace Reasoning and all of the Traps besides Penalty Box with the Performapals I have on-hand, but... what should I replace for the Swincobras, if anything?

SynjoDeonecros
30th June 2016, 09:23 PM
So, I was told to not use Swincobra, but Odd-Eyes Light Phoenix, and Sky Iris. I dunno how many I should use, but here's what I have:

Odd-Eyes Light Phoenix x1
Odd-Eyes Unicorn x2
Guitartle x1
Monkeyboard x1
Lizardraw x3
Sky Iris x1
Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon x1

Removing all of my non-Penalty Box traps, Turnover Tactics, Reasoning, Playmaker, and 1 of the other two Football-based U.A.s, I'll have enough for all of those. What do you guys think?

SynjoDeonecros
12th July 2016, 07:18 PM
Monsters:
U.A. Midfielder x3
U.A. Rival Rebounder x2
U.A. Dreadnought Dunker x2
U.A. Mighty Slugger x2
U.A. Perfect Ace x2
U.A. Goalkeeper x1
U.A. Blockbacker x1
Odd-Eyes Light Phoenix x1
Odd-Eyes Unicorn x2