PDA

View Full Version : Legend Duelist Pack - Speculation

ScionStorm
18th February 2018, 08:18 PM
Alright guys and gals, somewhere between the realms of what you think might come out and what you wish would come out, what are your speculations? What characters? What cards?

I'm hoping the next one remains within the realm of Legendary Duelists(playables) from Duel Links.

So: Marik(Slime), Rex(normal Dino), Para/Dox(Labyrinth support), Alexis(Cyver Angels/dancers)

I would say Phoenix but I think he counts as main rival like Kaiba so leaving his D HEROs out.

Which leaves with 2 extra slots since Duel Links doesn't have that much GX characters yet. I'm going to throw out there Amnael and his Helios theme or Tyranno Hasselberry with "Tyranno" archetype support. And finally Sartorius Arcana Force could use this chance to close gaps in the Tarot. (This is also trying to guess which characters might later end up in Duel Links- Syrus is most likely the new character coming in March)

Oh, also since they upped the set size to 56(random number) cards I'm thinking maybe they increased the new card count from 4 cards to 5 new cards per theme now.

Megamaw
18th February 2018, 11:54 PM
i think they might move onto 5ds with this series eventually, and we're running low on dm/gx characters.

on the other hand, the targeted demographic is nostalgia. idk if that'd work. so far we've gotten no filler/noncanon characters or characters that only dueled once. that might change though? idk.

i'd love to see amnael, but i think his theme would need more space than five cards. i'd at least want to see the kettle, and maybe some alchemy beasts.

hassleberry basically had the structure deck r combining two of his beefiest boss monsters and a new dinosaur field spell so i dont know if he's gonna get anything else for a while

slime and meikyu/paradox brothers would be SO FUN

alexis's new stuff should focus more on the dancers and less on the angels, i think, though. the angels are fine as is right now.

we've gotten at least one duelist kingdom era character each time so uh... fuck, uh, we've done everyone except rex and bonz already? maybe bonz since duel links added him recently.

joey support focusing on his actual battle city strategy would be cool, retrains of graceful and skull dice to be like the anime? plus maybe a landstar retrain to use them?

way to use the time wizard stuff better + retrain of baby dragon/thousand dragon/etc?

any of that would be super fun.

ScionStorm
19th February 2018, 03:23 AM
Duel Links has barely started filling out their GX roster so I think we're a ways away from a 5Ds update and I believe these new DP packs are direct inspiration from the game.

I want more Joey cards too, but with many other DM characters that could spotlight I'd rather not use Joey twice. Duel Links has every major duelist from both Duelist Kingdom and Battle City save for Panik who I don't see the need to add and Umbra /Lumis who will likely be the next DM character together. There's also Jean-Claude Magnum from Battle City but everybody always forgets him and his Ninja deck anyway.

CardTamer
19th February 2018, 06:04 AM
I agree, we won't get 5D's stuff until they add 5D's characters and/or Synchro Summoning to Duel Links. I really hope they do Rex next, since more Dinosaur support is always a good thing, and while Dinosmasher's Fury did give Hasselberry a little boost, they could do so much more, like an actual "Dark Tyranno" ("Black Tyranno" retrain) and some new "Evolution Pill" cards (since "Overtex Qoatlus" confirms they are an actually archetype now). Para/Dox would be fun, as would Slimes, but I wouldn't think we'd get new Slimes until they do those anti-Machine Slime cards from GX. I would love retrains of Alexis's early season 1 monsters, especial if they supported her Ritual Archetype as well.

ScionStorm
19th February 2018, 07:53 AM
Eh, I don't think they really need to wait for that Slimey guy from that illegal underground duel circuit in GX. I'm just thinking Slime King(appeared in hand but never used in the manga), a retrain of Humanoid Worm Drake. A support card. Maybe an alt retrain of Metal Reflect Slime. I also thought up a monster called Slime Romancer that helps the new and old fusion.

How we get Humanoid Worm Drake.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/0/0e/S2e23_slime_princess_kissing_crocodile.png
I also wouldn't mind seeing what a retrain of Helpoemer might do. I feel like he gets forgotten in the toss up of Marik's monsters.

For Alexis, I'd like just 1 new Ritual monster. Then have a new Ritual-Material Fusion monster. It's kind of ridiculous she has specifically a Ritual/Fusion deck but never got a Fusion monster that requires a Cyber Angel material. It's kind of sad that Thousand-Eyes Restrict(+ retrain) is still the only Ritual-material fusion monster(s).

Yugi.feder03
19th February 2018, 08:05 AM
It's kind of sad that Thousand-Eyes Restrict(+ retrain) is still the only Ritual-material fusion monster(s). Nope, remember Dragon Master Knight. But I think you're right in your post. And we still lack a Fusion Monster with a Ritual and a specific Effect Monster as material (we have a Ritual + Normal monster and a Ritual + Fusion monster Fusion).

Sanokal
19th February 2018, 08:22 AM
Alright guys and gals, somewhere between the realms of what you think might come out and what you wish would come out, what are your speculations? What characters? What cards?

I'm hoping the next one remains within the realm of Legendary Duelists(playables) from Duel Links.

So: Marik(Slime), Rex(normal Dino), Para/Dox(Labyrinth support), Alexis(Cyver Angels/dancers)

I would say Phoenix but I think he counts as main rival like Kaiba so leaving his D HEROs out.

Which leaves with 2 extra slots since Duel Links doesn't have that much GX characters yet. I'm going to throw out there Amnael and his Helios theme or Tyranno Hasselberry with "Tyranno" archetype support. And finally Sartorius Arcana Force could use this chance to close gaps in the Tarot. (This is also trying to guess which characters might later end up in Duel Links- Syrus is most likely the new character coming in March)

Oh, also since they upped the set size to 56(random number) cards I'm thinking maybe they increased the new card count from 4 cards to 5 new cards per theme now.

Chazz is Jaden's main rival, and he had cards featured, so it's not impossible for more Destiny HEROes.

ScionStorm
19th February 2018, 08:39 AM
Nope, remember Dragon Master Knight. But I think you're right in your post. And we still lack a Fusion Monster with a Ritual and a specific Effect Monster as material (we have a Ritual + Normal monster and a Ritual + Fusion monster Fusion).

Damn, somehow I always forget that it's Black Luster Soldier that is needed as material for that card.

Chazz is Jaden's main rival, and he had cards featured, so it's not impossible for more Destiny HEROes.

Nah, I think once Phoenix came along with a deck using a sub-archetype of Jaden's own theme he was pretty much locked in as spotlight rival in the anime. Chazz slowly shifted into an edgier Joey of the cast. Jaden had a lot of characters revolving around him though. Zane and Syrus played up the Kaiba Bros sibling angle while Alexis and Atticus most closely reflected the Wheeler sibling angle in reverse while Alexis on her own filled both the female friend and strong female duelist roles of Tea and Mai. Of course Blaire took the position of Rebecca in the cast. I'm not really sure if Misawa ever reflected the role of any specific character from DM.

CardTamer
19th February 2018, 08:46 AM

Eh, he kinda got overshadowed as a rival as the series progressed. He was only a real rival in season 1, after that, Aster became the main rival in season 2, and then I think Axle became the season 3 rival. For season 4, I'm not really sure if there was a rival at all, considering everyone kept getting eaten by a force of malevolent primordial darkness every other episode.....

Truthfully, I think Aster counts as Jaden's main rival. He's the one who was the most challenging, and his Dueling philosophy was the direct opposite to Jaden's.

ScionStorm
19th February 2018, 09:06 AM
Truthfully, I think Aster counts as Jaden's main rival. He's the one who was the most challenging, and his Dueling philosophy was the direct opposite to Jaden's.

And he was the legacy character chosen for Arc-V alongside Jack and Kite. So the franchise has kind of already made it's statement on which character should be seen as main rival for the anime.

Whenever we do start getting 5Ds cards, I hope we get new cards for Hunter Pace's Burning Skull theme. Like a Skull Flame synchro monster.

Volteccer
19th February 2018, 01:33 PM
I'm not really sure if Misawa ever reflected the role of any specific character from DM.

He was like a smarter Tristan, in that his dueling exploits are few but there were times when he did useful stuff to help everyone else along.

CardTamer
19th February 2018, 08:28 PM
Whenever we do start getting 5Ds cards, I hope we get new cards for Hunter Pace's Burning Skull theme. Like a Skull Flame synchro monster.

Yeah! That would be neat!

CardTamer
19th February 2018, 08:32 PM
He was like a smarter Tristan, in that his dueling exploits are few but there were times when he did useful stuff to help everyone else along.

I always felt bad for Bastion, he had potential and some interesting Decks, but ended up being near totally sidelined to make way for new characters by season 2, simply because he had the least interesting personality in the group.

Volteccer
19th February 2018, 08:36 PM
I want Yanagi's Aincient Treasure deck. They could tie them into Chronomalies if they want; I wouldn't mind either way.

Sanokal
19th February 2018, 09:36 PM
Eh, he kinda got overshadowed as a rival as the series progressed. He was only a real rival in season 1, after that, Aster became the main rival in season 2, and then I think Axle became the season 3 rival. For season 4, I'm not really sure if there was a rival at all, considering everyone kept getting eaten by a force of malevolent primordial darkness every other episode.....

All I'll say is tgat Aster was only relevant in Season 2, and Chazz dueled Jaden seven times over the course of the series.

ScionStorm
19th February 2018, 11:02 PM
All I'll say is tgat Aster was only relevant in Season 2, and Chazz dueled Jaden seven times over the course of the series.
Like I said before, the franchise has already made its statement on who they count as main rival with Aster's inclusion in Arc-V.

I want Yanagi's Aincient Treasure deck. They could tie them into Chronomalies if they want; I wouldn't mind either way.
Thats something that would come out in a Collectors Pack, though.

Yeah! That would be neat!

Yeah, as far as minor characters go, I'd like to see Hunter, Greiger with some new Reactor support like Zane got withCyberdark and Carly with new Fortune Lady support get represented. Tetsu should come in with some new Goyo support like Crowler's Ancient Gears. It will probably be unavoidable having yet more Crow cards. But then maybe we get a new Rose Dragon synchro monster for Aki. I'd also like to see new Spider support and an expansion of the Aztec gods themes from the Goodwin bros.

I think my list of 12 is basically:
Hunter(or Lazar), Greiger, Carly, Tetsu
Crow, Aki, Leo, Luna
Kalin, Antinomoy, Rex, Roman(or Aporia)

ZXtheD
6th March 2018, 11:48 PM
DM
Marik-Lava Golem, Helpoemer, Nightmare Wheel, and Slime retrains
Bakura-Dark Necrofear, Dark Ruler Ha Des, Dark Master Zorc could get better forms
Bonz-Call of the Haunted, Pumpking, the King of Ghosts, Castle of Dark Illusions (to go with pumpking), and Zombie Dragon retrains

GX
Yubel-Spell Chronicle, Yubel's forms, and her plants could get love
Aster-D-Heroes, nuf said
Hassleberry-Dinos

5Ds
Greiger-Reactor Synchro and maybe retrains of the original 3 reactor monsters
Aki-Accel version of Black Rose Dragon and more plants
Divine-Accel Synchro psychic ace and more psychics

MajorRiot
9th March 2018, 09:28 PM
I am hoping they keep the villain theme going! If I could make the decisions for Konami, I would choose the following characters

1. Panik - I would make a theme around dark monsters that all have unusual endings for their attacks and defenses. Think of a monster like Barox. These monsters would all plus themselves for all dark monsters on the field and have a defensive theme, maybe being able to attack while in defense mode. This would make sense because of how Panik was cowardly and put all his monsters in defense and tried to hide behind a shield.

2. Rex Raptor - This one I am a bit iffy on but would still like to see something. There has a been a lot of really good dinosaur support in the last year but Rex should get his time to shine especially since Weevil just got some stardom again.

3. Espa Roba - I know Jinzo has received support once in a while but I figure that he could receive much larger support this time around. I really believed that when Konami was bringing back the old classic monsters, like Blue-Eyes, Dark Magician, BLS, Buster Blader, etc etc, that Jinzo would get this treatment too but I was wrong. I think with another Legendary Duelist pack, the time will be perfect for Jinzo to get some sort of spell/trap/monster locking support. It would be cool!