PDA

View Full Version : Apex-Magician

Blitz_2k
8th October 2015, 05:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vsEzQ9m.png

With the upcoming pendulum master structue deck to TCG, I wanted to create a deck to play in tournaments... Suggestions for main and/or side?

Edit1: Added wavering eyes on side...

Edit2: Changed a bit the deck based on the suggestions of clairedestroyer! and JoJoToast but still need help in finishing the side-deck...

Mystic TimeKeeper
8th October 2015, 05:17 PM
Wait, Apex-Magician? It really warrants a proper name?

To make a meaningful comment, shouldn't you have a couple "Swaying Gaze" at least in side?

Indytotof
8th October 2015, 05:20 PM
Apex give me cancer.

What about playing cards that let your opponent enjoy the game ?

Dread Kaiser
8th October 2015, 05:39 PM
Apex give me cancer.

What about playing cards that let your opponent enjoy the game ?

he was also asking for help building clownblade, he is clearly not interested in that

on that note, same answer as clownblade topic. if you are gonna use a cookie cutter deck that everyone else uses, just go and copy it. more or less all the advice you get will point you in that direction anyway...

JoJoToast
13th October 2015, 05:44 AM
I would add 3 skullcrobat, take out at least 2 dragonvein and add some Archfiend eccentricks whilst taking out some MST's. IMO i would add 2 Unicorn and throw in a terraforming and add an odd-eyes fusion.

Indytotof
13th October 2015, 06:53 AM
I would add 3 skullcrobat, take out at least 2 dragonvein and add some Archfiend eccentricks whilst taking out some MST's. IMO i would add 2 Unicorn and throw in a terraforming and add an odd-eyes fusion.

No Majespecters please.

We don't want more cancers in this deck.

clairedestroyer!
13th October 2015, 07:23 AM
It's pretty rude to dismiss someone asking for help with comments about "cancer" and such, even if you don't like the deck.

I honestly would not use One Day of Peace, you're giving your opponent a card and a turn where they can't die to dismantle whatever you put on the field. I would ditch Papillo for Trapeze, Papillo does very little while Trapeze+Dark Rebellion let you OTK if they have a monster up. Similarly, Trapeze and Diamond King Crab is an OTK against an empty field, and for that you can lose either 101 or one of the Rank 7s, since you probably need less of those in general.

Indytotof
13th October 2015, 07:33 AM
It's not the deck that I hate (I personnaly loves Magician). But it it those cards who are basically "you can't enjoy this game anymore" that I hate to the core.

I use Magician.dek how it means to be use: with all the Odd-Eyes evolutions (even with Odd-Eyes Dragon). Not with all those cancers that prevent your opponent to play Yu-Gi-Oh!

clairedestroyer!
13th October 2015, 07:54 AM
There is no "way it's meant to be used". All decks that follow the relevant banlist and cardpool are valid decks. You don't like this particular build, so instead of helping you insult someone. Not even provoked.

Anyways, I also don't think Decree is worth it in a TCG deck. If you draw that against anything that's not like, Satellar or Qli you're really gonna be sad. You can move those to the side and move Veilier up (it's good against everything).

JoJoToast
13th October 2015, 08:34 AM
Vieler is dead vs Qli actually, also decree is good vs BA, though i wouldn't use it, better off siding Denko as decree is a trap and therefore if you go second you would rather draw Denko than decree because of all their Pends hate you would have to set decree and wait a turn or push your luck and run into a Blackhorn/Solemn/BTH. IMO your decks S/Ts aren't looking too good atm. I wouldn't run 3 Apex nor 2 dark holes and definitely not One Day.

clairedestroyer!
13th October 2015, 08:46 AM
BA in the TCG runs very big lately because Traps slow the deck down. You'll hit like Fiend Griefing and that's it.

Veiler is dead vs Qli but Qli is also losing relevance unless you're in Europe and have to deal with Towers. Veiler is a very strong choice rn.

Indytotof
13th October 2015, 11:52 AM
The Magicians that come outs in Master of Pendulum (as all the Pendulum "Magicians") are meant to be used in conjuction of Performapals and Odd-Eyes. That's what I called the "Egao deck".

The lore of those cards (and effects) make it clear: the "Magician" archetype revealed in the Structure deck are linked with "Performapals" (and "Performages", since Mages & Pals are linked, due to "Barrier Bubble" and "Trick Box" effects) and "Odd-Eyes" archetypes.

"Majespecters" and Apex Avian have nothing to do in those decks. That's just some degenerate cards put here to make the deck solitaire and negates any interaction with the opponent.

Sorry if I sound rude/insulting, that's not I meant to do. I only want to make him understand one thing:

A duel is between two peoples. It's not one of them showing off his deck, negating his opponent's right to play the game.

Some decks, and even more characters deck like "Magicians/Odd-Eyes/Performapals" (who is used by Yuya Sakaki) are meant by Konami to be used a certain way. Apex Avian and "Majespecters" never meant to be played in this deck.

Apex Avian is meant to be played in "Mist Valley" decks and "Majespecters" are meant to be their own separate deck or some hybird with Igknights/Dracoslayers (and perhaps "Dinomists") .

Mofiz
13th October 2015, 12:48 PM
The Magicians that come outs in Master of Pendulum (as all the Pendulum "Magicians") are meant to be used in conjuction of Performapals and Odd-Eyes. That's what I called the "Egao deck".

The lore of those cards (and effects) make it clear: the "Magician" archetype revealed in the Structure deck are linked with "Performapals" (and "Performages", since Mages & Pals are linked, due to "Barrier Bubble" and "Trick Box" effects) and "Odd-Eyes" archetypes.

"Majespecters" and Apex Avian have nothing to do in those decks. That's just some degenerate cards put here to make the deck solitaire and negates any interaction with the opponent.

Sorry if I sound rude/insulting, that's not I meant to do. I only want to make him understand one thing:

A duel is between two peoples. It's not one of them showing off his deck, negating his opponent's right to play the game.

Some decks, and even more characters deck like "Magicians/Odd-Eyes/Performapals" (who is used by Yuya Sakaki) are meant by Konami to be used a certain way. Apex Avian and "Majespecters" never meant to be played in this deck. I played Magicians

Apex Avian is meant to be played in "Mist Valley" decks and "Majespecters" are meant to be their own separate deck or some hybird with Igknights/Dracoslayers (and perhaps "Dinomists") .

Who the fuck cares what Konami wants us to play? I never ever in my life played something Konami wanted me to play, nor do I intend to do so. There is no creativity in just taking what they netdecked for you and play with it. If someone has a problem because I play Rank 2 and 3 in Synchros or use Entermates with Doppel Tokens to summon First of the Dragons, fuck off.
Being a mass negating floodgate Deck is another thing, that was never ok, but that's something I mentioned more often than anyone on Org combined anyway. But there is nothing wrong with being creative and mash what works together. Fuck "Mist Valley" Decks and "Magician" Decks. If a Deck is so diverse that you can't even give it an Archtype name, then you have my respect.

Indytotof
13th October 2015, 01:07 PM
Who the fuck cares what Konami wants us to play? I never ever in my life played something Konami wanted me to play, nor do I intend to do so. There is no creativity in just taking what they netdecked for you and play with it. If someone has a problem because I play Rank 2 and 3 in Synchros or use Entermates with Doppel Tokens to summon First of the Dragons, fuck off.
Being a mass negating floodgate Deck is another thing, that was never ok, but that's something I mentioned more often than anyone on Org combined anyway. But there is nothing wrong with being creative and mash what works together. Fuck "Mist Valley" Decks and "Magician" Decks. If a Deck is so diverse that you can't even give it an Archtype name, then you have my respect.

I'm not against that kind of good creativity.

I'm against splashing degenerate cancers that make the newborn Pendulum something unbearable. I still want to give Pendulum his chance to show us his true potential (without massive Rank 4/Majespecters/Avian).

I want Pendulum brings egao, not cancer.

Deadborder
13th October 2015, 01:27 PM
Indytotof, I'm gonna have to ask you to stop posting in this thread. Your opinions on how the game "should be" have no bearing on the OP's deck building, and it's frankly quite childish to do this in a thread you could have easily avoided and chosen not to post in.

Also, just as a general note: there isn't a "wrong" way to play the game. It's possible to be casual and have fun, it's possible to play competitively and have fun, and maybe - just maybe - it's possible to not talk shit about other parts of the game and have fun.

Mofiz
13th October 2015, 01:36 PM
I'm not against that kind of good creativity.

I'm against splashing degenerate cancers that make the newborn Pendulum something unbearable. I still want to give Pendulum his chance to show us his true potential (without massive Rank 4/Majespecters/Avian).

I want Pendulum brings egao, not cancer.

To be fair. Pendulums can't bring egao. It's way too stupidly designed to do so.

Mofiz
13th October 2015, 01:39 PM
Indytotof, I'm gonna have to ask you to stop posting in this thread. Your opinions on how the game "should be" have no bearing on the OP's deck building, and it's frankly quite childish to do this in a thread you could have easily avoided and chosen not to post in.

Also, just as a general note: there isn't a "wrong" way to play the game. It's possible to be casual and have fun, it's possible to play competitively and have fun, and maybe - just maybe - it's possible to not talk shit about other parts of the game and have fun.

I think there is pretty much a way to play a game the wrong way. Mostly because a game is about to be played with atelast two people. But most people "Play" it in a way that the other one doesn't even really get a move. A gamestyle that decides the winner by a coin toss is pretty bullshit.
But yeah, not the right thread to say that.

JoJoToast
14th October 2015, 02:48 AM
Bit weird how this is a thread designed to help Blitz_2k build a competitive Apex Magician deck and no one's really helping him :eek: .

Anyway about the extra and side deck, like clairedestroyer! said you're best off ditching Papilloperative and adding Trapeze. You aren't running any real defense so Ring of Destruction seem's like you would hurt yourself too much if you sided it.

Also it seem's as if mind crush isn't going to help that much IMHO, you could add black horn of heaven instead as it's ruling vs pendulums is different in the TCG, and so it will be useful as there is Qliphorts and Noids already in the TCG and Majespecter and Magician pend decks that will become available in December as well as Performage (i think) and black horn hurts all of these decks.

2 Red-Eyes Flare is too much, you should maybe drop 1 and add Dark Magician of Illusions/Ebon Illusion Magician (whichever is the TCG name).

Crow the BOOLET
14th October 2015, 04:44 AM
One thing every Pendulum Magician deck should always consider, especially if they're running Odd-Eyes I'd highly consider checking out the Synchro support for it.

Yeah Synchros are often underlooked with Xyz and Fusion floating around but Odd-Eyes' Synchro support is actually pretty good to not at least run one. Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon will shut down Shaddolls and Burning Abyss' effects from going off in the Battle Phase which is a good thing since destroying them means they won't get anything back nor can your cards can be destroyed by Construct's effect either. Clear Wing Synchro Dragon is another big one since it pretty much says "no" to a mostly targetting effect meta. This can negate monsters that target it (Dark Rebellion, 101, Castel) as well as other Level 5 Monsters' effects going off (Stardust, Black Rose, Construct) which can be massively helpful.

Its really mostly a side note I guess but its definitely worth looking into at least.
Tl;Dr: Odd-Eyes Synchros aren't too bad I guess but you don't have to listen to me if you really need all that

JoJoToast
14th October 2015, 06:31 AM
The only way for him to summon Meteorburst atm is to use peasant and veiler,and he doesn't main veiler so its not really a deck that can use Meteorburst or any synchro for that matter, he's better off currently just using dweller as it is.

Blitz_2k
17th October 2015, 12:09 PM
Edited with the help of people who contribuited...