PDA

View Full Version : Ritual Beast Deck help

SynjoDeonecros
11th October 2015, 03:47 PM
Since it's a near-all shiny budget archetype that I'm interested in, I'm curious about making a Ritual Beast deck, but I dunno the first thing about it. What are the best cards for it? I don't have the funds or the access to Psychic support, like Psychic Feel Zone or Emergency Teleport, so would leaving those out matter? I would like some help on this, if possible. Thanks.

EDIT: I managed to scavenge some of the cards I need for it from the Secret Forces packs I had laying around, and ordered just enough of the remaining cards to have a basic engine, based on tournament decks I've studied on TCGPlayer. I'll post it up, when I get them, and hopefully you guys'll have some ideas for me, by then.

SynjoDeonecros
16th October 2015, 07:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TwHErBG.png

So, this is what I came up with, based on what I found on the TCGPlayer tournament deck reveals. It's pretty basic, pretty cookie-cutter, but this is just to test the deck out, so I can get the feel for it before switching things up.

Akaba Fedoreiji
16th October 2015, 08:17 PM
Yeah, fairly standard I'd say. I think it's almost exactly the same as mine perhaps except for the Extra line-up and the Dark Bribes. I think for Ritual Beasts it's more like a tried-and-tested method that works, rather than a starting point sort of concept. I've been gone from the game a while, how necessary are MSTs? I know it ain't Djinn Lock format anymore but is 3 mandatory? Other than that ... maybe the Apelio could come down to 2 for another Xyz? Some better generic stuff, let's not start with names. I've always hated Utopia, so I don't feel I can offer an impartial judgement on that one. I'd recommend keeping an eye on what that Leviair is doing for you, and re-evaluate. It doesn't seem to me that it would be a particularly useful card except when it comes to getting an 1800 beat on the board ... sort of a win moar card here.

JoJoToast
17th October 2015, 02:16 AM
Utopia just seems idk, just meh. All your LV4's are Wind so consider Chidori if you have it, i don't see the point in burial, at all. Soul charge isn't a very good choice IMO. I wouldn't use duality, might as well use upstart, though e-tele is the best option but alas you can't get it so idk.....

SynjoDeonecros
17th October 2015, 02:25 AM
Utopia just seems idk, just meh. All your LV4's are Wind so consider Chidori if you have it, i don't see the point in burial, at all. Soul charge isn't a very good choice IMO. I wouldn't use duality, might as well use upstart, though e-tele is the best option but alas you can't get it so idk.....

Remember, BUDGET DECK. I don't have access to high-cost cards like Upstart, Chidori, or E-Teleport.

JoJoToast
17th October 2015, 03:43 AM
Forgot that Upstart is worth money, i don't play IRL anymore and when i did upstart wasn't worth anything iirc. Regardless do you not have any R4's other than Utopia, Pearl and Leviair?

SynjoDeonecros
17th October 2015, 02:00 PM
Not available, sorry.

SynjoDeonecros
17th October 2015, 11:36 PM
Okay, so I can't find any spare Burials, Dualities, and only two spare MSTs, so I've got a bit of a deficit in my deck. Any suggestions on what I can use to budget out this? Also, I don't have the two Gaiapeleo, yet, so yeah, that's a deficit, as well...

EDIT: I found 1 spare Mirror Force and a spare Foolish Burial, both of which I've seen being played in some tournament decks. I guess I can steal the Dualities from the unfinished Moja deck I have, but none of the decks I've researched use any draw card other than Upstart Goblin. Is it really that better than Duality, in this deck? If so, what can I use in its place, for now?

SynjoDeonecros
18th October 2015, 05:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oywx3ZP.png

So, I scrounged around, and came up with this. Dunno how well the field spells are going to work, but they're the only draw cards I can get a hold of, right now, that won't interfere with my Special Summoning. What do you guys think?

SynjoDeonecros
25th October 2015, 07:26 PM
Haven't played this deck, yet, but thinking of dropping Soul Charge for a third Chicken Game.

SynjoDeonecros
8th November 2015, 07:51 PM
So, I guess this deck's dead without 3 Ulti-Cannahawk?

Aromaiden
8th November 2015, 08:09 PM
So, I guess this deck's dead without 3 Ulti-Cannahawk?
Nope. The deck functions, it's just more fragile than it previously was.

Jolan
8th November 2015, 09:48 PM
If your Ulti-Cannahawk hits the grave, there's no way to recycle it since you lack a 2nd Ulti-Cannahawk. That's the only issue I see.

Mystic TimeKeeper
9th November 2015, 08:52 AM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Quill_Pen_of_Gulldos

I tried this in Harpies long ago and it worked fine, what do you think about it?

Jolan
9th November 2015, 12:44 PM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Quill_Pen_of_Gulldos

I tried this in Harpies long ago and it worked fine, what do you think about it?

I run it in Speedroids because Hidden Shot's banishing requirement is horrible when I would rather recycle taketomborgs back into my deck.
Never considered it in Ritual Beasts though. Doesn't sound quite bad, either. A single out to a rare situation where your Ulti-Cannahawk drops.

SynjoDeonecros
24th November 2015, 09:23 PM
Well, thanks to the limiting of Ulti-Cannahawk, I'm down two more cards in my extra deck (minus Ulti-Gaiapelleo, which I don't have the money to buy, right now), so I wouldn't know what to run to take their place.

Jolan
24th November 2015, 09:40 PM
I'm not perfectly knowledgeable on Ritual Beasts but if fitting a Daigusto Emeral is an option, you can do it.

Pendulum
24th November 2015, 10:04 PM
Well, thanks to the limiting of Ulti-Cannahawk, I'm down two more cards in my extra deck (minus Ulti-Gaiapelleo, which I don't have the money to buy, right now), so I wouldn't know what to run to take their place.

Could you list your Extra Deck? Because images are not working.

SynjoDeonecros
24th November 2015, 10:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wI89eMy.png

Pendulum
24th November 2015, 10:10 PM
It's broken. Not working for me, at least.

SynjoDeonecros
24th November 2015, 10:43 PM
It's working for me just fine, I dunno what's up with your end.

Jolan
25th November 2015, 01:25 AM
Yeah your image link definitely isn't working, it's your end.

SynjoDeonecros
25th November 2015, 01:50 AM
Well, now it's not working, so it must be something with the forum. I twas working just fine, for a while, beforehand.

Noir
25th November 2015, 02:49 AM
Well, now it's not working, so it must be something with the forum. I twas working just fine, for a while, beforehand.

As confirmed by NeoArk, there is something wrong with the use of Imgur in the forums or something along those lines.

Pendulum
25th November 2015, 01:04 PM

Would it be really too hard for you to just list your Extra Deck?
It's not working for a lot of people. It's not just something with the YGOrg forum. It's directly from the relation between Imgur and Word Press. Check Ark's post if you don't believe: http://ygorganization.com/forum/showthread.php/601-Images-don-t-load?p=13146#post13146

SynjoDeonecros
25th November 2015, 04:21 PM
What is there to list? Just your standard Ritual Beast extra deck cards, that's all.

SynjoDeonecros
12th February 2016, 11:55 PM
Should I revive this deck? I haven't used it, at all, but it would be a shame if I had bought the cards for it and not use them... then again, I don't have a strong extra deck without swapping in cards from other decks...

SynjoDeonecros
14th February 2016, 11:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4nfPmaw.png

Had the cards, so I revived the deck. Not sure what to do with it, from here, but eh *shrugs*

SynjoDeonecros
7th April 2016, 10:03 PM
So, with the cards my boyfriend and I just pulled from our new packs of Premium Gold 3, I'm going to drop Cairngorgon and Dark Rebellion for Lightning Chidori and Abyss Dweller, Temtempo with Alucard, Burial from a Different Dimension and Vanity's Emptiness with a pair of Emergency Teleports, and likely Brain Research Lab and the Terraformings for a Storming Mirror Force and a pair of Fiendish Chain. What do you guys think?

Archfiend
8th April 2016, 01:50 AM
Chidori and Dweller would make a great addition. Cairngorgon wasn't probably do much for the deck anyways and Dark Rebellion is nice and all, but Chidori and Dweller are better in terms of stunning your opponent. Everything else is fine. How has the Soul Charge been working for you? I wouldn't play it, but unless you have found success using it, I would take it out. Overall, the build looks really solid. Only thing I would maybe recommend is Daigusto Emeral. I know its pricey, but it helps recycle your Ulti-Cannahawk if it does get destroyed. I still need one as well They always draw Dark Hole/Raigeki whenever I have Ulti-Cannahawk on the field ;-;

SynjoDeonecros
13th April 2016, 04:59 PM
Okay, done. I haven't testplayed the deck, yet, so I dunno if Soul Charge works well or not. What would you suggest replacing it with?

SynjoDeonecros
5th May 2016, 11:54 PM
I think I'm going to replace Gem-Knight Pearl in this deck with Totem Bird. What do you guys think? Also, what would you guys suggest I replace Soul Charge with?

SynjoDeonecros
9th July 2016, 05:06 PM
Okay, so I don't like Maxx "C" in here, since I only have one and people will mock me for only having one, but what should I replace it with?