PDA

View Full Version : (TCG) Dimension of Chaos

NeoArkadia
9th September 2015, 10:57 PM
Yeah, this pack.

Hikarui
10th September 2015, 04:13 AM
Yeah, this pack.

inb4 secret rare flame mascot, secret pendulum sorcercer, secret Insight Magician (TCG name will probably be something Xiang something because the localization team is chinese probs)

Thanako
10th September 2015, 04:26 AM
inb4 secret rare flame mascot, secret pendulum sorcercer, secret Insight Magician (TCG name will probably be something Xiang something because the localization team is chinese probs)

You're giving them even more ideas. That's dangerous. But in all seriousness, I actually think it's nice to get such a diverse pack with this one, even if the implications are quite scary for people with Coulrophobia (the fear of clowns) in any case. I've argued that the deck won't be as good in the TCG as it is in the OCG, but it will still prove to be a nightmare for competitive play. You could say it'll become quite the circus.

Hikarui
10th September 2015, 04:47 AM
You're giving them even more ideas. That's dangerous. But in all seriousness, I actually think it's nice to get such a diverse pack with this one, even if the implications are quite scary for people with Coulrophobia (the fear of clowns) in any case. I've argued that the deck won't be as good in the TCG as it is in the OCG, but it will still prove to be a nightmare for competitive play. You could say it'll become quite the circus.

No Shock + Rafflesia lock here, but then they still need to kill Nekroz with fire here and there since once Shock is gone there, I think Nekroz will come back.

NeoArkadia
10th September 2015, 05:54 AM
You're giving them even more ideas. That's dangerous.
To note: They probably decided all the rarities months before we even see any of the cards, since a lot of stuff has to go through red tape, approval, has to be set up for the printing presses, etc.

Amaryllis
10th September 2015, 03:47 PM
Flame Mascot is almost guaranteed to be at least Super (and that's if Konami is feeling generous).

I'm guessing Majespecters will be rarity bumped as well, what with the hype surrounding them and their bloody unicorn of doom.

Vortex Dragon will be chase (eventually) just because it's so clutch in the OCG. And obviously the second wave of Kozmo will be thrown at us with a "look what we made!" enthusiasm.

Hikarui
12th September 2015, 01:18 AM
I hope we get Pendulum Sorcerer and (insert some nonsensical chinese name here) Magician

Hope in the Interstice
14th September 2015, 05:51 AM
Flame Mascot is almost guaranteed to be at least Super (and that's if Konami is feeling generous).

I'm guessing Majespecters will be rarity bumped as well, what with the hype surrounding them and their bloody unicorn of doom.

Vortex Dragon will be chase (eventually) just because it's so clutch in the OCG. And obviously the second wave of Kozmo will be thrown at us with a "look what we made!" enthusiasm.
Why is Flame Mascot a guaranteed Super? Trick Clown made a whole new deck on its own and it was a common.

Blue
14th September 2015, 05:54 AM
They'll probably leave the anime cards alone and rarity bump everything else.

Majespecters will probably be all super and up. Vortex dragon secret, etc etc.

Nothing new here really :P

Hope in the Interstice
14th September 2015, 06:38 AM
They'll probably leave the anime cards alone and rarity bump everything else.

Majespecters will probably be all super and up. Vortex dragon secret, etc etc.

Nothing new here really :P
Greydle Slime will be Ultra and Greydle Eagle will be Secret.

YamiMario
14th September 2015, 06:41 AM
Definitely wanting Scarlight, but I'm also very curious as to where they're gonna' take Kaiju.

CobaltClaw
14th September 2015, 08:07 AM
After the Red-Eyes fiasco, I have a bad feeling for the archetypes in this set...

At least I don't mind people having to pay in blood to afford the Pendulum Spectors....if they want to ruin for everyone else, they'll have to pay some kind of price.

Lord Bunilla
14th September 2015, 09:19 AM
To note: They probably decided all the rarities months before we even see any of the cards, since a lot of stuff has to go through red tape, approval, has to be set up for the printing presses, etc.

Basically, that's how it goes. Rarities of the TCG are decided way before the cards are announced and/or released in the OCG. Konami knows what cards will be sought-after and decides upon that, some of the Konami NA/EU members were players and/or judges before being employees. Only rarely do we see harsh misjudgments.

Amaryllis
14th September 2015, 11:10 AM
Why is Flame Mascot a guaranteed Super? Trick Clown made a whole new deck on its own and it was a common.

We'll see. I suspect it's the biggest candidate for rarity bumping.

noahconstrictor
14th September 2015, 03:47 PM
The only thing I'm worried about besides Magispecters and Pendulum Magicians is what we are going to get for Kozmos. They've been doing really well at regionals, and that's just with what they have now. I've got a feeling they're going to be broken as hell with support from DOCS.

Blue
14th September 2015, 03:48 PM
I expect the new Kozmo stuff to push them to a secure tier 1 position.

They're Konami's new baby, getting the same treatment BA got before them.

So this set's Kozmo stuff will be amazing. Then the rest of it from here onward will be mediocre/add little to the deck.

thewanderlast03
14th September 2015, 05:07 PM
As for the flame mascot rarity debate I feel they'll keep the common/rare theme going with performages for the TCG and make it a common/rare. Most likely a common though.

Speaking of Kosmos... now we just wait for the inevitable Kozmos Return from the Different Dimension card!

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 05:19 PM
Speculation: A fair number of imports this set will be D/D, as to make Caesar Ragnarok functional, as it was hyped as one of the big cards for the set.

J21
14th September 2015, 05:30 PM
I get this weird feeling that Kozmo will go Chaos mode...

Moe Lord
14th September 2015, 06:25 PM
Im mostly interested to see what they are going to do with the Kaiju deck sadly given the lack of articles on them and several articles on Kozmo they are going to be like UA where konami didnt put too much effort into them or give them much notice.

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 06:31 PM
Kaiju is exactly like the U.A.:

They're a weird but cool Deck that Konami never writes articles on since the emphasis is on Kozmo, their main World Premiere theme.

xeroplazm
14th September 2015, 06:35 PM
Kaiju really needs more monsters to make them actually viable since it's bad to give the opponent Kumongous when the field spell is on the field, unless you're using Remove Brainwashing.dek.

Blue
14th September 2015, 06:51 PM
An in-theme remove brainwashing would be pretty cool, or maybe something that summons "kaiju tokens" to your opponents side of the field to cheese their entire gimmick.

xeroplazm
14th September 2015, 06:54 PM
Tokens would be a cool gimmick for the deck. That way you can always make sure your'e opponent has something on the field to bring out your Kaijus.

Moe Lord
14th September 2015, 06:59 PM
If the next set continues to make non mythical monsters as there typing the ninja variant might actually get some traction. This would help the deck be more then just remove brainwashing.deck.
As a huge fan of old Toho movies i would love to see a Rodan based winged beast and an Anguirus based dinosaur.

xeroplazm
14th September 2015, 07:04 PM
I personally hope Mothra becomes a monster. There's a ninja-style Kaiju build?

Moe Lord
14th September 2015, 07:06 PM
you use hanzo and super trans to go into doragon and normal trans for kumungus

xeroplazm
14th September 2015, 07:07 PM
That sounds pretty neat.

Moe Lord
14th September 2015, 07:09 PM
right now its not very good because only 2 targets and you would have to use both trans but if they continue on it might become a legit strategy.

xeroplazm
14th September 2015, 07:13 PM
It could work in the future. My main strategy has been using the Aesir cards and then special summoning Fenrir and Jormungardr then getting them back with Remove Brainwashing. Obviously it isn't that great but its still fun.

Tachyonic
14th September 2015, 09:11 PM
I want Gamera. Or MechaGodzilla. Or King Ghidorah. I wish I could find all my Remove Brainwashings :/

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 09:17 PM
My general assumption is "We get one monster of each Type".

And if we're getting stuff meant to be compatible with Ninjas: 1 Beast-Type, 1 Winged Beast-Type, 1 Dragon-Type and 1 Sea-Serpent-Type seem very likely prospects.

KingRthur
15th September 2015, 12:36 AM
I never even thought to use ninjas with kaiju. I hope the variant develops further!

LionOhDay
15th September 2015, 12:52 AM
I just hope we get Giant Mech Robots to fight these Kaiju's with :)

We might also see a Kaiser Colosseum for the deck? That way its just the Kaiju's duking it out.

I also am not worried about Greydles too much, at worst their Synchro will be super/ultra. There's too many other cards that require the rarity bump. I also suspect the Black Luster stuff will be just like the red eyes support. ( Though if its not I'm fine with that. I would love to use it. )

MH Dark Law
15th September 2015, 01:16 AM
My general assumption is "We get one monster of each Type".

And if we're getting stuff meant to be compatible with Ninjas: 1 Beast-Type, 1 Winged Beast-Type, 1 Dragon-Type and 1 Sea-Serpent-Type seem very likely prospects.

Those seem likely based off of the theme of the archetype either way.

thisguy3496
15th September 2015, 01:17 AM
I'm just looking forward to the ocg imports

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 01:31 AM
I'm just looking forward to......GOD DAMN EVERYTHING
Scarlight, Black Luster Soldier, Performages

SynjoDeonecros
15th September 2015, 03:00 AM
I'm hoping for the next Dragoons of Draconia card, so I can freshen up my Normal Pendulum deck from the twisting it's gotten from Pojo. I want to build a true Draconia.dek, not some paltry copycat of another elitist's Normal Pendulum deck with Draconias in it...

TenseiPatu
15th September 2015, 08:38 AM
Kinda looking forward to Graydles, as I like brainwashing. The deck could have more interesting cards, but still

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 02:29 PM
Kinda lookibg forward to Graydles, as I like brainwashing. The deck could have more interesting cards, but still

I like not getting punched in the face, so I'll pass on those things

Mystic TimeKeeper
15th September 2015, 02:33 PM
I like not getting punched in the face, so I'll pass on those things
Some decks strike me as things that you shouldn't play in a card shop lest you risk getting lynched.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 02:54 PM
Some decks strike me as things that you shouldn't play in a card shop lest you risk getting lynched.

Greydles are definately one of those. Last time I played a deck like that (anti-xyz stun troll deck), I did a flawless Joker Laugh that to this day I can not replicate.

Seeing you forcing a Mermail deck to Tribute Summon Tidal to do ANYTHING to you (then failing and being OTK'd by Stoic Challenged Garbage Eyes) makes you do that.

Archfiend
15th September 2015, 02:58 PM
I want a monster that can bring out Kaijus straight from the deck to either your opponent's side or your side of the field and a card that searches Kyoutou cards.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 03:00 PM
If Noble Knights taught me anything, you will get that in their last wave of support

Archfiend
15th September 2015, 03:03 PM
If Noble Knights taught me anything, you will get that in their last wave of support

Your probably right. Thanks for destroying my dreams so quickly.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 03:04 PM
The Truth Hurts
That's why I like to hit people with it

Archfiend
15th September 2015, 03:06 PM
The Truth Hurts
That's why I like to hit people with it

It does, but I like people who are brutally honest. It makes them seem more trustworthy and reliable.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 03:08 PM
It does, but I like people who are brutally honest. It makes them seem more trustworthy and reliable.

....Are you hitting on me

Well aside from a deck summoning, some Kaiser colosseum or token summoners would be nice too

Archfiend
15th September 2015, 03:10 PM
....Are you hitting on me

Well aside from a deck summoning, some Kaiser colosseum or token summoners would be nice too

I wasn't trying to, but is it working? LMAO

Hmm, that would seem quite interesting.

SynjoDeonecros
15th September 2015, 06:12 PM
Don't we already have Kaiser Colosseum for this deck? Why would we need an archetype-specific one? On that note, someone on Pojo mentioned Summoning Curse for this deck, and that got me thinking of disruption cards that they could use on the same principle for this deck.

Archfiend
15th September 2015, 06:16 PM
Don't we already have Kaiser Colosseum for this deck? Why would we need an archetype-specific one? On that note, someone on Pojo mentioned Summoning Curse for this deck, and that got me thinking of disruption cards that they could use on the same principle for this deck.

True, but it wouldn't hurt to have an archetype specific one that might have other benefits for Kaijus.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 06:18 PM

Don't we already have Darkbribe/Solemn Warning/Solemn Judgment/Mirror Force, why do they keep making Archetype Specific ones?

Blue
15th September 2015, 10:52 PM
Personally, I don't mind the archtype specific clones of powerful spells and traps.

But that's just me. I know plenty of people who rage hard when yosenjus secret move or tellarnova alpha get flipped.

SynjoDeonecros
15th September 2015, 10:57 PM
I play Yosenjus, and I never get any real use out of Secret Move, strangely. Not sure if I'm playing them wrong or if I'm just able to use the deck without them.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 11:00 PM
I play Yosenjus, and I never get any real use out of Secret Move, strangely. Not sure if I'm playing them wrong or if I'm just able to use the deck without them.

It happens, I've had a few decks where I never drew certain cards, so I removed them. I can only Describe it as "the card doesn't like me"

Caineghest
15th September 2015, 11:03 PM
I don't really mind Archetypal versions of cards so long as they make sense and have reasonable restrictions. That being said I'm still waiting for my Fluffal version of Shaddoll Fusion.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 11:10 PM
I don't really mind Archetypal versions of cards so long as they make sense and have reasonable restrictions. That being said I'm still waiting for my Fluffal version of Shaddoll Fusion.

Keep waiting, Last thing I need is a Tiger from Deck

Caineghest
15th September 2015, 11:14 PM
Keep waiting, Last thing I need is a Tiger from Deck

Obviously there would need to be some sort of limit, maybe three monsters, sending a combination of any fluffal, Wings, and Sabres for Tiger would be nasty if you have a vendor already. I'm sure there would be a reasonable way to balance it.

noahconstrictor
16th September 2015, 12:23 AM
Greydles are definately one of those. Last time I played a deck like that (anti-xyz stun troll deck), I did a flawless Joker Laugh that to this day I can not replicate.

Seeing you forcing a Mermail deck to Tribute Summon Tidal to do ANYTHING to you (then failing and being OTK'd by Stoic Challenged Garbage Eyes) makes you do that.

Deck list please for the love of god

Dread Kaiser
16th September 2015, 01:00 AM
Deck list please for the love of god

Unfortunately I no longer have the exact list, Still have the deck but it changed a lot since then. Its now a Photon-Super Defense Robo hybrid ft the below mentioned cards and Numeral Hunter.

That and a Metric fuckton of luck was involved.

It was Basically a deck made mostly from the JOTL Sneak peak for funsies.

I Let him get an Xyz on the board, and put a Flying C in response and cripple the Xyz with Betrayal. Basically, I pulled a Vector.
Then after letting him burn from sargasso for a while (or tried to, it only stuck around for 1 hit), Deny every move he made to try getting rid of C...usually by putting another one on the board just afterwords.

He was PISSED, between the "C"s not letting him Xyz and Vain Betrayer kept milling his outs to it. whenever he tried to swing with bigger things, they failed due to traps, most fun was boosting them with Xyz Soul (returning Googly Eyes for +1600 ATK)
When He finally put that Tidal on the board, I summoned another Googly eyes, use effect Xyz Soul and Stoic to make it a 6200 ATK mon with doubling damage over tidal for 7200

Like I said an assheap of luck was involved, I never used that deck against another person again as pissing off a guy that is literally double your weight is usually a bad idea. That and I seriously thought I'd die of laughter.

SynjoDeonecros
16th September 2015, 01:00 AM
If it weren't for the fact that it's a relatively new Korean exclusive, and thus wouldn't come out until the next World Superstars set, I would love for Canistaur to be one of the OCG-exclusives in the set. I kinda need it for my Phantom Symbols deck...

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 08:21 PM
So, we finally Got us a Lightsaber
http://ygorganization.com/tcg-super-early-docs-leaks/

More easy OTK's coming?

Thanako
17th September 2015, 08:34 PM
...someone is getting fired over this, I am sure of it. The compulsory Equip Card that nobody will probably use, and more easily summoned monsters to get your combo going. Konami must have really hated U.A.

Archfiend
17th September 2015, 08:38 PM
The artwork on the new level 4 Kozmo looks awesome.
Wonder why its called Kozmoll and not Kozmo?

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 08:41 PM
play on words from Darth Maul, who it appears to be based on

or Kozmoll = Sith
who knows

Archfiend
17th September 2015, 08:43 PM
play on words from Darth Maul, who it appears to be based on

or Kozmoll = Sith
who knows

Could be it.
Seems plausible.

AccelRainbowDashley
17th September 2015, 08:43 PM
Probably because she's evil. For card effect purposes, she still has 'Kozmo' in her name so she'll be a valid target anyway. They sure dropped all subtlety with the Star Wars references in regards to the new cards, though.

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 08:44 PM
have to wait for another Sith to be sure
I don't know why people are surprised about Maul being there though when Good-witch was clearly Qui-Gon Jin

Mystic TimeKeeper
17th September 2015, 08:46 PM
I don't know why people are surprised about Maul being there though when Good-witch was clearly Qui-Gon Jin

Honestly I'm surprised about Maul being that sexy, I just might try to search for those Farmgirls now...

Archfiend
17th September 2015, 08:46 PM

What other Sith could there be?
(i don't know much about the Star Wars lore, so forgive me)

AccelRainbowDashley
17th September 2015, 08:48 PM
What other Sith could there be?
(i don't know much about the Star Wars lore, so forgive me)

Darth Vader comes to mind.

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 08:50 PM
Assuming they are sticking to the prequal era for a while, Dooku comes to mind. Sidious was around then too.
or they could generalize it to Kozmoll = Bag guys, in which case the list expands quite a bit. Hope they use Grievous.

Wonder how Jango Fett would go into it though

Archfiend
17th September 2015, 08:51 PM
Darth Vader comes to mind.

He could be one, but I think its too early to bring him out right now at this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming they are sticking to the prequal era for a while, Dooku comes to mind. Sidious was around then too.
or they could generalize it to Kozmoll = Bag guys, in which case the list expands quite a bit. Hope they use Grievous.

Wonder how Jango Fett would go into it though

Grievous would be interesting to see how the incorporate him.

Thanako
17th September 2015, 08:57 PM
Am I the only one happy about the Wizard of Oz side of things, rather than the Star Wars stuff? I'm hoping to see more of the iconic characters from it, instead.

AccelRainbowDashley
17th September 2015, 09:00 PM
So is Farmgirl/Dorothy supposed to be Anakin as opposed to Luke? Luke was the farmboy, Anakin was just a kid when they kidnapped him.

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 09:03 PM
Am I the only one happy about the Wizard of Oz side of things, rather than the Star Wars stuff? I'm hoping to see more of the iconic characters from it, instead.
Yes, Yes you are

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 09:05 PM
More specifically, Anakin was born into slavery. had a pretty damn good life for a slave.
Which of course means Vader's role has been determined already...

Moe Lord
17th September 2015, 09:46 PM
So will the lightsaber be a good equip that dose everything like saqlifice or will it be noble arms 2.0.

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 09:48 PM
Money is on something along the lines of the Spirit or Glad beast Equips

SynjoDeonecros
18th September 2015, 03:54 PM
Still waiting on that Dragoons of Draconia follow-up Promo. I'm betting they'll stop after this set, or after they make a Draconia card for each Attribute (they only have Earth, Light, and Dark left).

SynjoDeonecros
23rd September 2015, 11:52 PM
http://ygorganization.com/boshtcgsneak/

So, instead of another Draconia monster, we're getting one of their enemies. Interesting. Too bad it's an Effect monster; would've been interesting to see how it plays in a Draconia deck...

SynjoDeonecros
23rd September 2015, 11:59 PM
So, the effect for the promo is interesting, but the lack of pendulum effect and the 3 scale kinda kills it for me. Might side deck it, but other than that, likely won't use it, myself.

UnforgivenFate
25th September 2015, 01:23 AM
can't wait for the set personally

Hope in the Interstice
25th September 2015, 01:24 AM
So, the effect for the promo is interesting, but the lack of pendulum effect and the 3 scale kinda kills it for me. Might side deck it, but other than that, likely won't use it, myself.
Seems like it'll be like a Pendulum Catastor that can be splashed pretty much anywhere. I think it's a good side deck option at least, since Wavering Eyes can search it.

SynjoDeonecros
25th September 2015, 01:28 AM
It looks to be a Dinosaur, as well, which means I can use it in my Pendulum Dino-Rabbit deck, but the fact that it's an Effect Pendulum instead of a Normal Pendulum kinda hurts it in that deck. Still, it can work somehow, I guess.

Dread Kaiser
25th September 2015, 01:45 AM

Its a splashable, searchable Catastor that murders Non pendulums on contact and is a pendulum itself so it can come back to do it some more

This thing, in every Not!Qli Pendulum deck I have, at 2. Just for being an out to annoying things that I can normal summon.

SynjoDeonecros
25th September 2015, 01:57 AM
Hmm. Point. So, I guess the question is, will this replace Archfiend Eccentrick in people's decks?

Dread Kaiser
25th September 2015, 02:00 AM
Hmm. Point. So, I guess the question is, will this replace Archfiend Eccentrick in people's decks?

Hell no it won't

SynjoDeonecros
25th September 2015, 02:07 AM
Okay, any reason? Other than the fact that Eccentrick can pop a spell/trap (since that seems to be a one-off thing, as once you use it you're going to be focusing on its monster-popping effect most of the time).

Dread Kaiser
25th September 2015, 02:10 AM
Okay, any reason? Other than the fact that Eccentrick can pop a spell/trap (since that seems to be a one-off thing, as once you use it you're going to be focusing on its monster-popping effect most of the time).

The Spell/trap pop
Scale 7 compared to scale 3
Pops monster without Battling, tributing as a cost allowing it to dodge Veiler and skill drain too

The only thing Cavalry has over her is being Lv 4 and usable stats

SynjoDeonecros
25th September 2015, 02:12 AM
I see. So I shouldn't dump my Eccentricks from my Normal Pendulum deck for the Samurai Cavalry, any time soon, I'm guessing?

Dread Kaiser
25th September 2015, 02:14 AM
Basically, unless having another level 4 is that big of a benefit to you .
Better stats are nice but its not like you have a shortage of 18+ beatsticks, right?

so the Level advantage is the only one that matters, Eccentrick is superior as a monster-killer soley because she does it MP1 instead of battle

NeoArkadia
26th September 2015, 11:19 AM
Archfiend Eccentrick is for the foreseeable future, a very VERY good tech card. Don't see why you'd get rid of it, bar need for money.

SynjoDeonecros
10th October 2015, 08:31 PM
I really hope we don't get a situation with the Majespecters that we did with the Igknights, where they arbitrarily bumped up some of the cards' rarities.

Hikarui
13th October 2015, 10:05 PM
Knowing Konami, it's pretty granted

Dank-O-Sacka
14th October 2015, 12:24 AM
I think they'll get the same rarity bump as majespecters. most likely it will be the same for majes and buster blader as it was for igknights and red eyes in core. they're just following a pattern of 1 pendulum archetype + 1 nostalgia archetype, that's my guess at least. why shouldn't they just copy the rarity disrtribution too?

SynjoDeonecros
16th October 2015, 12:34 AM
Eh, we'll have to see. Honestly, I'm hoping for Graydle Dragon to get a rarity reduction, so the full set is easier to acquire. I'm intrigued enough by the juxtaposition of people bitching about them and them not making a dent in the meta to try them out and see what they're all about.

Dread Kaiser
16th October 2015, 12:37 AM
Eh, we'll have to see. Honestly, I'm hoping for Graydle Dragon to get a rarity reduction, so the full set is easier to acquire. I'm intrigued enough by the juxtaposition of people bitching about them and them not making a dent in the meta to try them out and see what they're all about.

Just because it didn't make a dent doesn't mean a deck with 9 recyclable snatch steals is fun to play against
Cards like kaiser colosseum aren't used much anymore but they are still a pain in the ass

SynjoDeonecros
16th October 2015, 12:45 AM
Eh, I dunno. You'd think it would've made some sort of impact, by now. Since I've been hearing rumblings about using it with Kaiji, maybe it'll make a more significant impact on the TCG, instead? We do have less splashable Spell/Trap hate to deal with, which would make the Graydles more viable...

SynjoDeonecros
18th October 2015, 07:36 PM
So, when do you think we'll be getting a leak of the remaining cards, and their rarities? We've only got two weeks left to go before the sneak preview...

Dread Kaiser
18th October 2015, 08:01 PM
So, when do you think we'll be getting a leak of the remaining cards, and their rarities? We've only got two weeks left to go before the sneak preview...

Whenever someone
a, gets their hands on some pacls
b, Opens them
c, has the guts to upload them

It's Typically 2-3 days beforehand, I imagine we will start seeing them on the 28thish, sooner if we are lucky

SynjoDeonecros
20th October 2015, 11:24 PM
Crap, Painful Decision is a Super/Secret in the OCG, and considering it can pull 2 of the 3 Dragoons, as well as Vector and Master Pendulum, what would you bet that it'll get a rarity boost in the TCG?

Dark Ace SP
21st October 2015, 04:13 AM
Crap, Painful Decision is a Super/Secret in the OCG, and considering it can pull 2 of the 3 Dragoons, as well as Vector and Master Pendulum, what would you bet that it'll get a rarity boost in the TCG?

It's probably going to get a rarity bump, but demand for the card will also play into its value. Demand might be kinda high, but it shouldn't be too bad. The card is basically Normal Pendulum Support, and while the Normal Pendulum deck is fun, I think people will be too focused on Flame Mascot.

Moe Lord
21st October 2015, 03:10 PM
Am i the only one who has a bad feeling about the tcg release for this set given the product cancellation, and the recent Breakers tcg reveals instead of revealing for this set. It comes off as though Konami is just viewing this set as a lost cause and banking on the beginning of the year with Breakers.

Hope in the Interstice
21st October 2015, 03:12 PM
Am i the only one who has a bad feeling about the tcg release for this set given the product cancellation, and the recent Breakers tcg reveals instead of revealing for this set. It comes off as though Konami is just viewing this set as a lost cause and banking on the beginning of the year with Breakers.
Why would this set be a lost cause? It's got Flame Mascot in it as well as the Majespecters; there's no way they're not going to capitalise on that.

Moe Lord
21st October 2015, 03:20 PM
It is just odd how they continue to reveal stuff for Breakers while ignoring this set especially how close we are. We got all the kozmo stuff revealed then it has been just Breaker news,hell we only just got an article for BLS only to immediately have Breaker news for more BLS.

Hope in the Interstice
21st October 2015, 03:34 PM
It is just odd how they continue to reveal stuff for Breakers while ignoring this set especially how close we are. We got all the kozmo stuff revealed then it has been just Breaker news,hell we only just got an article for BLS only to immediately have Breaker news for more BLS.
It is pretty odd, yeah. My guess is it had to do with Breakers of Shadow packs coming out with DOCS packs in that Advanced Edition or something.

SynjoDeonecros
21st October 2015, 03:36 PM
Yeah, that is weird. I wonder why they're doing that...

SynjoDeonecros
1st November 2015, 08:29 PM
So, just got back from the sneak preview. Got most of the cards I need for a Graydle deck (just need 1 Dragon, 1 Impact, and 1-2 Parasite), but nothing else of note. Interestingly, Graydles seemed to be hot ticket items at my sneak preview; wouldn't it be funny if they, or a mashup with them, became the new rouge deck to follow for this format?

Jolan
1st November 2015, 11:48 PM
The Sneak was weird for me given I play Majespecters and they're absolutely immune to Greydle targeting, so I plowed through anyone using em. I think that made people reconsider Greydles a lot.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd November 2015, 12:26 AM
Maybe, but I've heard people at my Sneak say that Majespecters aren't going to be good until Masters of Pendulum comes out, so you can combine them with the Magicians there. They also said something about a secret strategy they came up with for Graydles, but they didn't say what it was, so I'm not sure what they were planning for it. I do know that, with the random spread of Majespecters in my Sneak, people combined the two for some weird combos, mainly by exploiting Kirin.

Dark Ace SP
2nd November 2015, 04:21 AM
Maybe, but I've heard people at my Sneak say that Majespecters aren't going to be good until Masters of Pendulum comes out, so you can combine them with the Magicians there. They also said something about a secret strategy they came up with for Graydles, but they didn't say what it was, so I'm not sure what they were planning for it. I do know that, with the random spread of Majespecters in my Sneak, people combined the two for some weird combos, mainly by exploiting Kirin.

Not so sure that's true. I'm fairly certain that quite a few pure Majespecters decks managed to make a showing in Japanese local tournaments. But the Magicians do provide a much easier way to Summon Unicorn, seeing as the Majespecter monsters either have a scale of 2 or 5, and Unicorn is level 6. Pendulum Calling into Dragonpit/Oafdragon Magician and Dragonpulse is a much quicker setup as well. Oafdragon is also a Level 6 Wind Spellcaster for Xyz plays with Unicorn, or a tribute for the Traps/Spells.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd November 2015, 06:20 PM
I also noticed that people were clamoring for Grand Horn of Heaven, and showing surprise that it was just a regular common. What do you guys think of that?

Jolan
2nd November 2015, 07:44 PM
I also noticed that people were clamoring for Grand Horn of Heaven, and showing surprise that it was just a regular common. What do you guys think of that?

Wouldn't even think of using it against non-Pendulum decks. Giving my opponent a draw while only negating and destroying one of his monsters is just too much. Now, if I'm facing a pendulum deck, I can negate a pendulum summon, and if he summons any pendulum monsters, they go to the graveyard instead of the extra deck! It's a win-win situation!

SynjoDeonecros
2nd November 2015, 08:18 PM
Well, Clownblade, EMem, and Majespecters are going to be big in the next format, so that's probably why they're clamoring for it.

Jolan
2nd November 2015, 10:03 PM
Majespecters can't recover before Supercell is Legal but you can't reliably kill them in general so I suppose that Horn might be a good option.
But why not just run 3 wavering eyes? It's way faster to get into play, doesn't require setting, and still makes Majespecters brick really hard.

ClownBlade and mEME aren't going to be much of an issue due to the lack of amazing Rank4s they can use (as of this moment at least) but I fear for the Deck's consistency as soon as PP Pendulum Sorcerer becomes legal. At that point, running Horn would be quite necessary, as breaking their scales with Wavering is only going to benefit them more.

Also, something to consider is that MoP comes out and it brings 2 unbreakable scales via Pendulum Call, and a whole deck of OTK Magicians that hit the field via Pendulum due to their levels. Now, against that, I would want to run Horn.

SynjoDeonecros
3rd November 2015, 02:29 AM
I see, so as I said, upcoming pendulum threat is spurring interest in Grand Horn.