PDA

View Full Version : Evolving Past Archetypes in Arc-V

yyythefuchs
14th October 2015, 01:21 PM
First things first, returning characters : Jack Atlas, Crow Hogan, Asuka Tenjoin, Edo Phoenix,Kaito Tenjo

So, here is a list of archetypes & cards from previous series (or duel terminal stories) that obtained new support cards through the arc-v.

- Ancient Gear
- Goyo
- Battleguard
- Monarch
- Ninjitsu Art
- Constellar
- Gem-Knight
- X-Saber
- Blackwing
- Red Dragon Archfiend (& resonators)
- Legendary Fisherman
- Panther Warrior & Pitch-Black Warwolf via Beastborgs
- La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp and new lamp cards
- Earthbound
- Rank-Up-Magic family is growing via Raidraptors.
- Galaxy-Eyes
- D-Hero
- Cyber Angel

(Naturia, Great Moth, Alien, Prophecy cards are also being used by insignificant characters)

So, do you think new kind of HEROs, Junks, Cyber Dragons, Harpies or Photons will pop-up in the near future?
New supports for Red-Eyes, Buster Blader, BLS are signs for that?

Sotavento
14th October 2015, 01:48 PM
I want Gustos, I cannot simply watch a Synchro dimension without someone using Gustos.

Dread Kaiser
14th October 2015, 02:52 PM
So, do you think new kind of HEROs, Junks, Cyber Dragons, Harpies or Photons will pop-up in the near future?
New supports for Red-Eyes, Buster Blader, BLS are signs for that?

Unless the characters themselves made a return appearence, "Taken" Archetypes are not coming back

And fuck no there will not be Red-eyes BB or BLS, I see no chance in hell of that

Nerdyasian1
14th October 2015, 03:26 PM
Harpies could be Ruri's deck, considering they had a rank 4.

Crow the BOOLET
14th October 2015, 03:27 PM
Yeah I don't see any of the past main character archetypes really returning since its attached to the character much like how Jack and Crow has been handled.

With that said though, Arc V has been a major wild card with boosting past archetypes.

I really hope my Gishkis get some kind of boost even though both that and Ritual Dimension is unlikely...

Zarkiel
14th October 2015, 04:11 PM
I think it would be funny/ironic if yuri had some form of hero deck. probably nothing we've had already, but it would be great to see.

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 08:06 PM
Wait, when did we get Lamp support? I don't remember that episode...

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 08:17 PM
Wait, when did we get Lamp support? I don't remember that episode...

During the battle royal, Ice field, Episode 42

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 08:40 PM
I would like to see more Neo-Spacian support, especially new NEX evolutions. I think we only got, what, two of them at max?

KingKaash
16th October 2015, 09:57 PM
TBH I expect either the new Buster Blader or BLS support to be used by Yugi in the new Dark Side of Dimensions movie. Espcially since Atem is gone, he's going to have to have a deck type. I know he used the Gadgets and LV monsters when he dueled Atem for the last episode of the original series but I think they'll give him either Buster Blader or BLS to feature. Considering Buster Blader works better against Kaiba's Blue Eyes, they might give him that. BLS is kickass too tho so we'll see.

KingKaash
16th October 2015, 10:06 PM
I think it would be funny/ironic if yuri had some form of hero deck. probably nothing we've had already, but it would be great to see.

This would be awesome! And it could happen. Considering that the Speedroid/Hi-Speedroid monsters don't really have anything to do with Clear Wing Synchro Dragon except being a good engine to summon them. Only problem is that I doubt Yuri's Fusion Dragon is composed of fusing two Warrior-type monsters.

I'm also curious if they'll give the other dragons aside from Odd-Eyes some new transformations? Like for Clear Wing they can make it stronger by having it become Clear Wing Synchro Dragon/Assault Mode. I haven't seen the episode yet by I assume Yugo must be just as pissed as Yuya to see Yuzu get crushed by Sergey. I honestly hope Yugo is the one to take revenge for Yuzu and duels Sergey. He can then go into his Berserk Mode and use Assault Mode Activate to power up his dragon and truly assault Sergey. He might not need to tho considering one Dichronic Mirror shuts down Sergey's boss monster.

I feel like Yuri's Fusion Dragon is just it's first form and it can be fused upon again to summon a 3-headed dragon to carry on the theme set by Blue Eyes Ultimate, Cyber End Dragon, Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon, and Neo Galaxy Eyes Tachyon.

ScionStorm
16th October 2015, 10:08 PM
So, here is a list of archetypes & cards from previous series (or duel terminal stories) that obtained new support cards through the arc-v.

You forgot Roids. Speedroids are technically a sub-archetype under the Roid macro-archetype which includes "vehicroids".

Also, I do hope to see Sho/Syrus in this series. Yugo/Sho tag-team duel is dream now. That and I really want more "Vehicroid" targets for Vehicroid Connection Zone. It still annoys me that TCG changed Yugo's Synchros to "Hi-Speedroid" instead of Hyper Speedroid. They were supposed to be the name equivalent of the Super Vehicroids. They might as well just change those fusions to "Suped-Uproids" now.

Swampertmaster
16th October 2015, 10:36 PM
I'd like to see new Cyber Dragon support(not named infinity) and an Ancient Gear Golem adjusted for power creep.

Passerby
18th October 2015, 05:08 AM
^ Cyber Dragon fusion support would be cool. Seeing as Future Fusion still sits in ban list purgatory. I'd like support for Crystal Beasts aside from their OCG scales and OG duel terminal stuff.

R3QU13M
19th October 2015, 09:45 PM
Wish a Gladiator Beast or Fire Fist user get involved.

SynjoDeonecros
19th October 2015, 09:49 PM
Gladiator Beasts would work well with the Fusion Dimension, though would its user be Academia or not?

Akaba Fedoreiji
19th October 2015, 10:33 PM
Gladiator Beasts would be an extremely effective temporary plot tool in the hands of a slightly more important Academia member, one who Yuya tries to show the true spirit of entertainment to. Remember that gladiators where a major part of entertainment in ancient times. One could view it as a metaphor that fight-to-the-death combat is obsolete as a means of entertaining people, and the way to go is with egao: lots and lots of it.

I am expecting the Arclight Brothers to be making an appearance. I mean the series is called ARC V ... so hopefully they bring back some Chronomaly and Gimmick Puppet support? And maybe Quinton will have a Deck they can make a tangible archetype from this time?

Dyson Sphere
19th October 2015, 11:25 PM
i'd like a fusion dimension counterpart to kaiser and new cyber dragon fusion support including their own fusion spell

ScionStorm
20th October 2015, 12:06 AM
I'm kind of tired of CyDras. I'd like to see what Manjyoume would turn out like in a world without Judai.

R3QU13M
20th October 2015, 12:51 AM
Gladiator Beasts would be an extremely effective temporary plot tool in the hands of a slightly more important Academia member, one who Yuya tries to show the true spirit of entertainment to. Remember that gladiators where a major part of entertainment in ancient times. One could view it as a metaphor that fight-to-the-death combat is obsolete as a means of entertaining people, and the way to go is with egao: lots and lots of it.

I am expecting the Arclight Brothers to be making an appearance. I mean the series is called ARC V ... so hopefully they bring back some Chronomaly and Gimmick Puppet support? And maybe Quinton will have a Deck they can make a tangible archetype from this time?

Very well said.

Dyson Sphere
20th October 2015, 01:29 AM
I'm kind of tired of CyDras. I'd like to see what Manjyoume would turn out like in a world without Judai.

so you want ojama, or vwxyz, or armed dragon support or what

Zarafkiel
20th October 2015, 09:32 AM
so you want ojama, or vwxyz, or armed dragon support or what

Oh yes, Ojama support plox

KingKaash
21st October 2015, 12:44 AM

Dude I said the same thing in a forum I made a few weeks ago! They should totally bring back the Vetrix family. Only thing is I doubt they can bring back Gimmick Puppets and Chronomalys because they are Number monsters. And if the Xyz Dimension follows the Synchro Dimension and has the absence of the main protagonist Yusei, then Yuma won't be in the Xyz Dimension, meaning Astral won't be in the Xyz Dimension. Ultimately meaning the Numbers (like Gimmick Puppet and Chronomaly) never existed. That's why I said they should give Trey an Artifact deck which is similar to Chronomaly. And Quinton can get Burning Abyss or even that new archetype that's being released in Wing Raiders. And they could have Quattro get captured and taken over by Academia and use a Shaddoll deck, which is similar to Gimmick Puppet.

- - - Updated - - -

i'd like a fusion dimension counterpart to kaiser and new cyber dragon fusion support including their own fusion spell

Have Kaiser be a villain that invaded the Xyz Dimension and during his time there, he learned to Xyz summon letting him summon Nova & Infinity. I said this a few weeks ago

Hope in the Interstice
21st October 2015, 12:48 AM
If V is coming back, I'd like him to have some Level 9 Machine-type archetype. Something that can still employ Dyson Sphere but isn't reliant on it.

I mean it.http://38.media.tumblr.com/b1532dc11864dfd8b013e2d01d96c1f8/tumblr_inline_mvceswhRO71rd0ft0.pnghttp://38.media.tumblr.com/69d7b3fe172835a13ce05743172fc297/tumblr_inline_mvcet7DSgL1rd0ft0.png

Also, while we're on the subject of V...

http://orig06.deviantart.net/7359/f/2014/094/e/1/two_days_until_arc_v_by_ryogagaga-d7d16wd.png

KingKaash
21st October 2015, 09:26 PM
Is that new archetype in Wing Raiders being released Level/Rank 9? I think they are bigger machines too

Hope in the Interstice
22nd October 2015, 12:23 AM
Is that new archetype in Wing Raiders being released Level/Rank 9? I think they are bigger machines too
No. The new archetype seems to work around Rank 5 monsters and a Rank 12 boss.

R3QU13M
22nd October 2015, 12:51 AM
I think they should introduce another flip effect user in Arc V. First thing that comes to mind for most are Shaddolls. Nope, they should pay a little homage to Professor Viper Venom archetype with Worms. Another Duel Terminal deck that is overlooked nowadays due to fact of Future Fusion being banned. They should receive support similar to how Infernoids have their own fusion spell.

That's another thing too. There really isnt any diversity in Arc V when fusion summoning by users that majority uses Polymerization. On the contrary with Dennis, there is No surprise factor at all you already know they are fusing something. I take account that most users utilize various monster effects to fuse but it we still see that same generic card, Polymerization. I want more fusion card's that feel different. Good example Power Bond.

Hope in the Interstice
22nd October 2015, 12:56 AM
I think they should introduce another flip effect user in Arc V. First thing that comes to mind for most are Shaddolls. Nope, they should pay a little homage to Professor Viper Venom archetype with Worms. Another Duel Terminal deck that is overlooked nowadays due to fact of Future Fusion being banned. They should receive support similar to how Infernoids have their own fusion spell.

That's another thing too. There really any diversity in Arc V when fusion summoning by users that majority uses Polymerization. I take account that most users utilize various monster effects to fuse but it we still see that same generic card, Polymerization. I want more fusion card's that feel different. Good example Power Bond.
I'd actually like to see Polymerization used more often. Actually, I'd like to see more generic Fusion monsters like First of the Dragons and Pair Cycroid that use either Fusion Substitute or Polymerization.

Vulnoth
22nd October 2015, 01:20 AM
I'd actually like to see Polymerization used more often. Actually, I'd like to see more generic Fusion monsters like First of the Dragons and Pair Cycroid that use either Fusion Substitute or Polymerization.

I think it would be more interesting if there was a Poly that did substituting, at least partially, at a cost that wouldn't break the card. Enable someone in Academia to drop The Last Warrior from Another Planet or Dark Balter the Terrible, and THEN they might actually avoid being an army of disposable Steves. Dare I say, they might actually become interesting! Plus, then there would be plenty of room to throw around more user-friendly Fusions like there are Synchros and Xyz. Don't get me wrong, I love muh Poly, but it's fit for retirement.

Eternalight
22nd October 2015, 07:57 AM
If the Fusion dimension (Academia) uses Ancient Gear,
the Synchro dimension (Security) uses Goyo,
probably the Xyz dimension (the Resistance maybe) will use Photon.

If they will ever go there.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd October 2015, 08:26 PM
If that's true, I wouldn't mind someone using Photon Sabre Tiger. Get some of the TCG-exclusives out there.

KingKaash
23rd October 2015, 07:14 PM
No. The new archetype seems to work around Rank 5 monsters and a Rank 12 boss.

Hmm well that doesn't fit Quinton. It would be nice to get some support for other ranks and not only Rank 4 smh. And like I said, they might give him a past archetype like this forum is talking about, to evolve. It doesn't always have to be new

- - - Updated - - -

That's another thing too. There really isnt any diversity in Arc V when fusion summoning by users that majority uses Polymerization. On the contrary with Dennis, there is No surprise factor at all you already know they are fusing something. I take account that most users utilize various monster effects to fuse but it we still see that same generic card, Polymerization. I want more fusion card's that feel different. Good example Power Bond.

I do like Polymerization because it seems like that card is their signature/symbol but I also like the idea of Power Bond like cards as well. They should diversify Academia to show how powerful they are. King of the Swamp anyone?

KingKaash
23rd October 2015, 07:18 PM

They'll go there and I hope Photon is used. I feel like the Heroic archetype used by Nistro could also be featured

SynjoDeonecros
8th November 2015, 12:39 AM
What kind of RL one-off archetypes were featured in the anime that they could expand? I know there's Bounzers and Butterflies, I wouldn't mind them finally coming out with that Fire Dragon that was behind Bastion during the opening (maybe a fusion between Oxygeddon, Hydrogeddon, and Carboneddon?), and I wouldn't mind seeing the Ushi-Oni support that that one guy in 5D's had that were ported over to the Tag Force games be expanded on.

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 12:47 AM

Inb4 they will use Garbage.

About expanding Archetypes I would like more Cydras (But Fusions and Main Deck monsters plz) for Fusion and for Xyz I would like they to expand the Kamishiro Brothers Decks (Since the pretty Rio gave us the first WATER Winged Beasts) since they appearing as Zexal cameos would be fitting because of the simillarities with Shun and Ruri (I would also like the Arclight family to appear and expand their Archetypes, also some love for V).

ScionStorm
8th November 2015, 12:52 AM
What kind of RL one-off archetypes were featured in the anime that they could expand? I know there's Bounzers and Butterflies, I wouldn't mind them finally coming out with that Fire Dragon that was behind Bastion during the opening (maybe a fusion between Oxygeddon, Hydrogeddon, and Carboneddon?), and I wouldn't mind seeing the Ushi-Oni support that that one guy in 5D's had that were ported over to the Tag Force games be expanded on.

They kind of already referenced Fire Dragon through Carboneddon's added effect.

SynjoDeonecros
8th November 2015, 01:47 AM
Yeah, but I want an actual Fire Dragon card, one that uses Carboneddon and some of the other Chemistry Dinos to bring out...

Sanokal
8th November 2015, 02:24 AM
With all the speculation regarding characters from past anime series...it's unlikely that there will be any more.

Think about it. Why would Crow and Jack be put back in there in the first place? My guess is that the role of Jack's character was set a long time before Jack himself was placed into the series. Eventually, the writers likely figured, "Uh-oh, we've got this character who's pretty much gonna be Jack Atlas, but he's not, and will just be looked down upon as a copycat character. Hey, why not put Jack into the series since this guy would pretty much be him anyway?" Same goes for Crow.

Assuming that's the logic that they used, then it's unlikely that the Fusion and Xyz Dimensions will use characters from GX and ZEXAL since the situations in their Dimensions are radically different from the settings in GX and ZEXAL. The Synchro Dimension and 5D's were similar, but the others aren't.

Just something to think about.

ChaseLumsden
8th November 2015, 02:52 AM
I want to see Dragon Rulers dang it! I was shown actual evidence that this series was going to have a Duelist use them, but no dice >~<
Unless I was wrong, in which case I may not be able to Trust Shonen Jump for a month (or until the next batch of goodies show up.).

Sanokal
8th November 2015, 05:39 AM
They won't use Dragon Rulers in the anime since they're banned in both OCG and TCG. That's mainly why Yusei never used Monster Reborn and Pot of Greed stopped appearing.
What evidence?

WeekendWarrior
12th November 2015, 02:41 PM
To my knowledge, 54 archtypes have appeared in ARC-V, 16 of them are anime only.

Performapals,
Superheavy Samurai,
Battleguards,
Odd-Eyes,
Pendulum Magicians,
Melodious Diva,
Dart deck (Anime only),
Fluffals / Frightfur,
Monarchs,
Phantom Knights,
Constellar,
Gem-Knights,
XX-Sabers,
D/D / D/D/D,
Guts Master (Anime Only),
Cookmates (Anime only),
Rigged Quiz.dek,
Arcana Force,
Prediction Princess,
Raidraptor,
Sketch Beast (Anime only),
Aquaactress,
C/C C/C/C (Anime only),
Yosenju,
Speedroid,
Star.dek? (Anime only),
Beastborg (Anime only),
Fairies,
Prophecy,
Pegasus Soul Sealing Cards woo,
Lamp.dek (Anime only),
Arctic Beast (Anime only),
Performage,
Assault Knights (Anime only),
Moonlight.dek (Anime only),
Ancient Gear,
Naturia,
Entermachine (Anime only),
Legendary Fisherman,
Ninjas,
Abyss Actor / Underworld Troup,
Bikers (Anime only),
Generic Synchro Dimension Cop stuff,
Goyo,
Blackwing,
Skull.dek - Hunter Pace (Anime only),
Cardian (Anime only),
More generic stuff - Prisoners.
Resonator,
Red Dragon Archfiend + Support,
Bee Force (Anime only),
Twilight Ninjas,
Archfiend,
Aliens,
Thorn Prisoner (Anime only)

SynjoDeonecros
12th November 2015, 05:33 PM
Arctic Beasts sounds interesting. We need more Water Beast-types.

ScionStorm
13th November 2015, 02:47 AM
Both the FIRE Jinn Fusion Lamp Archetype and the WATER Arctic Beast Xyz archetype were interesting to me and the concept was cool. I wish they hadn't gotten carded so quickly. Although Halil had one of the most annoying voices even in Japanese. The kind of voice that make short-tempered people want to slap you.

Jolan
13th November 2015, 03:21 AM
Both the FIRE Jinn Fusion Lamp Archetype and the WATER Arctic Beast Xyz archetype were interesting to me and the concept was cool. I wish they hadn't gotten carded so quickly. Although Halil had one of the most annoying voices even in Japanese. The kind of voice that make short-tempered people want to slap you.

He was literally the best freaking VA, no contest, just because of the accent and everything. Pulling off broken, accented Japanese ...? That's takes serious skill.

SynjoDeonecros
15th November 2015, 07:20 PM
I'd like them to come up with an Alien duelist, with some new Alien support. That would be interesting to see, especially if they set him up against a Graydle duelist. I'd also like to see a dedicated Koa'ki Meiru duelist with some new cards that brings the archetype together, somehow.

ScionStorm
15th November 2015, 08:50 PM
I'd like them to come up with an Alien duelist, with some new Alien support. That would be interesting to see, especially if they set him up against a Graydle duelist. I'd also like to see a dedicated Koa'ki Meiru duelist with some new cards that brings the archetype together, somehow.
Aliens and Graydles would be cool. I've always wanted to see Scott Dupre's Cosmic Space theme come out in OCG/TCG. Some version of the Life Star mechanic- how long you can survive in the vacuum of Cosmic Space.
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/b/ba/CosmicSpace-EN-Manga-R.png/revision/latest?cb=20150328182219

Dyson Sphere
15th November 2015, 09:41 PM
Lets see a fusion dimension person use destiny heros

ScionStorm
15th November 2015, 11:06 PM
Lets see a fusion dimension person use destiny heros

or Vision HEROs.... would be about damn time.

SynjoDeonecros
17th November 2015, 08:12 PM
I want someone to use Gemini monsters in the anime, see what it looks like when someone Gemini Summons a monster. That would be freaking awesome if they gave it its own summoning effect.

Volteccer
17th November 2015, 08:45 PM
I want someone to use Gemini monsters in the anime, see what it looks like when someone Gemini Summons a monster. That would be freaking awesome if they gave it its own summoning effect.

I'm trying to figure it out. Maybe they start to glow when gemini summoned?

DelCtrl
17th November 2015, 08:53 PM
I guess the visual effect would depend on the monster that is being Gemini Summoned. I can see Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon, for instance, having its flames only after being Gemini Summoned, as it gains a burn effect.

SynjoDeonecros
17th November 2015, 11:07 PM
I wonder why we haven't had any Gemini monsters in the anime, yet? Considering all of the Normal and regular monster support that's come out, someone should be able to come up with an interesting Gemini deck to test the limits of the main character or one of the sides.

ScionStorm
19th November 2015, 07:16 AM
I always had this secret wish that the Phoenixian monsters should have been a larger series within Aki's deck. A second archetype made of FIRE plant monsters. Sort of like how Kaiba has dragons and Blue-Eyes as the main focus of his deck but then he also has the XYZ Union monsters and fusions as a separate part of his Deck. Even like Chazz had Ojama/VWXYZ/Armed Dragon deck. Aki could have had Rose/Ivy/Phoenixian deck more strongly defined.

Sotavento
19th November 2015, 04:47 PM
I wonder why we haven't had any Gemini monsters in the anime, yet? Considering all of the Normal and regular monster support that's come out, someone should be able to come up with an interesting Gemini deck to test the limits of the main character or one of the sides.

Sadly, the one who seems the most likely to have Gemini monsters is Tsukikage. But this is just a shot in the dark.

ScionStorm
20th November 2015, 11:23 AM

We actually have. In a flashback, the only monster we've so far seen Rin playing is this
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/e/e7/LuckyPiedPiper-TAEV-EN-SR-1E.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070906022953
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/b/b7/Young_Rin.png/revision/latest?cb=20150503192632

R3QU13M
20th November 2015, 11:31 AM
I cant recall, was any of the Gem-Knight Gemini monsters used?

Sanokal
20th November 2015, 11:36 AM
I cant recall, was any of the Gem-Knight Gemini monsters used?

I don't believe so. Just the Normal and Effect ones.

SynjoDeonecros
20th November 2015, 07:00 PM
I think it would be cool if, when they move to the Fusion dimension, a version of Jesse gets folded into the Lancers and is given the Crystal Beast support that recently came out, especially the Crystal Pendulums.

Also, while I know it's very slim chance, considering they're not going to be revisiting the normal dimension for a while, I'd like to see someone using the Normal Pendulums in the anime.

SynjoDeonecros
20th November 2015, 08:27 PM
We actually have. In a flashback, the only monster we've so far seen Rin playing is this
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/e/e7/LuckyPiedPiper-TAEV-EN-SR-1E.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070906022953
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/b/b7/Young_Rin.png/revision/latest?cb=20150503192632

Yeah, but I don't think she Gemini Summoned it, did she? So we still don't know what that looks like in the anime.

ScionStorm
20th November 2015, 10:21 PM
No she didn't. And even if she had, she wasn't using a duel disk at the time.

Can we "evolve" that Freudian deck from that one duelist from 5Ds?

SynjoDeonecros
21st November 2015, 01:42 AM
The guy who played Ido? Maybe, not sure.

Since they're basically the reincarnation of the White Knight archetype, I'd like to see more regular Phantom Beast support, possibly from someone in the Fusion Dimension. Retrained Berfomet, Gazelle, and Chimera would be sweet.

Dyson Sphere
21st November 2015, 01:44 AM
The guy who played Ido? Maybe, not sure.

Since they're basically the reincarnation of the White Knight archetype, I'd like to see more regular Phantom Beast support, possibly from someone in the Fusion Dimension. Retrained Berfomet, Gazelle, and Chimera would be sweet.

retrained berfomet, we already got one of those called D/D berfomet

SynjoDeonecros
21st November 2015, 01:48 AM
I mean for Phantom Beasts. Something that would be able to fuse into both normal and a retrained Chimera, and have a better effect, like searching for any Phantom Beast monster, rather than just Gazelle.

ScionStorm
21st November 2015, 01:57 AM
Chimera should be the figurehead for a beast-type fusion series.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd November 2015, 09:57 PM
Looking through my old decks, I found my old Trap Monster deck, and remembered Odion. I would like to see him or his offspring return with a more dedicated Trap Monster deck, perhaps with better Trap Monsters like the Tikis and Statue of Anguish Pattern. Maybe the guy in the new anime will use them? I doubt it, but it would be cool.

Volteccer
23rd November 2015, 02:54 AM
Looking through my old decks, I found my old Trap Monster deck, and remembered Odion. I would like to see him or his offspring return with a more dedicated Trap Monster deck, perhaps with better Trap Monsters like the Tikis and Statue of Anguish Pattern. Maybe the guy in the new anime will use them? I doubt it, but it would be cool.

Or maybe even with Psuedo Trap monsters, ala the Burgesstoma?

SynjoDeonecros
23rd November 2015, 08:32 PM
Either/or. Honestly, though, I like the idea of an updated Odion deck being featured in the anime. Maybe, to go with the Tikis and Statue of Anguish Pattern, a few more Rock-type Trap Monsters for a full pseudo-archetype?

I also want to see Chumley come back with the cards for Koalo-Koala. Seems right up his alley. And maybe a Fusion involving Des Koala?

SynjoDeonecros
4th December 2015, 09:02 PM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/3/3d/PhantomBeastWildHorn-JP-Anime-5D-NC.png/revision/latest?cb=20150605061626

So, we know the Phantom Beasts are a thing in the anime, and are a separate entity to their counterparts, the White Knights, so I see no reason not to bring them back, sometime in the future.

Hope in the Interstice
4th December 2015, 10:45 PM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/3/3d/PhantomBeastWildHorn-JP-Anime-5D-NC.png/revision/latest?cb=20150605061626

So, we know the Phantom Beasts are a thing in the anime, and are a separate entity to their counterparts, the White Knights, so I see no reason not to bring them back, sometime in the future.
Vylons were also a thing in ZeXal.

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/magic-eight-ball-dont-count-on-it-photo-researchers-inc.jpg

ScionStorm
12th December 2015, 12:43 AM
I just had this funny idea of Leo Akaba keeping a special unit of body guards each with one of the 4 elements as attribute duelists. And they turn out to be Obrien's FIRE Volcanics, Gecko's WATER Cloudians, Cook's EARTH Fossils and Atticus Rhodes using his manga WIND "Sphere" deck. And then the unit leader turns out to have the Clear World deck. And they all have new Fusion monsters for their archetypes.

Or maybe I just want to see Shun duel Atticus and his winged-Beast deck which has two of it's ace monsters involve "kidnapping" opponent's monsters to make themselves more powerful.

SynjoDeonecros
13th December 2015, 05:13 PM
I want to see a coach duelist playing U.A.s. That would be cool. Maybe make it a one-off where they reveal one or two new cards for it.

R3QU13M
30th December 2015, 11:17 AM
I'm astounded that no one is yet using Dragunities in Arc-V. Despite their own archetype Synchros, they are able to summon Trident Dragion. Which is ace/boss monster quality in my standards for somebody to use. Then we have unofficial lore for em with Magna Drago and Tyrant Dragon. All 3 are Fire attributed as well. Would fuckin shock me if Roger uses them with what ever archetype he possess. He's from Academia, but has plans for the Synchro dimension. A fitting card to make a statement for his capabilities.

And for Gemini monster enthusiast, I thought about Black Brutdrago and Cthnonian Emperor Dragon. That Gemini fusion too.

SynjoDeonecros
24th January 2016, 04:10 AM
While not exactly an "old" thing, I'm wondering when we're going to get our first Wyrm duelist; we got a Psychic duelist in the form of Sayer/Divine, shortly after they were revealed in the game, but we haven't had one ever since we got the Wyrms in. You'd think we'd have gotten at least a Yang Zing duelist in the Synchro Dimension arc...

Baroque
24th January 2016, 04:22 AM
While not exactly an "old" thing, I'm wondering when we're going to get our first Wyrm duelist; we got a Psychic duelist in the form of Sayer/Divine, shortly after they were revealed in the game, but we haven't had one ever since we got the Wyrms in. You'd think we'd have gotten at least a Yang Zing duelist in the Synchro Dimension arc...
Watch Leo's inevitable A/A/A shenanigans be Wyrm-type. That'd be something else, wouldn't it?

(Well, I say 'inevitable', but damn if the man doesn't look like he'd run Shaddoll.)

SynjoDeonecros
31st January 2016, 03:06 AM
Well, then again, besides the Yang Zings, we haven't had any sort of archetype for the Wyrms, since they were introduced. We don't even have an amalgam of random Wyrm cards that work together as a deck that aren't archetypal, unlike Divine's Psychics, so...

Also, while it's highly unlikely, I'm hoping the Xyz dimension gives us more Bounzer and Hand support. Those are two of my favorite achetypes from Zexal, honestly.

LolsterXD97
1st February 2016, 11:30 PM
Thanks to the current episodes of Arc-V, we have got Earthbound Inmortals 2.0 known as Earthbound Disciples (with one of them being a Fusion), and Starve Venom Fusion Dragon which is indirect Venom support (unlike fucking Clear Wing, which isn't a "Clear" monster). We also got a Pitch-Black Warwolf upgrade in the form of Beastborg Kampfer Wolf (now we only need an Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei upgrade and it would be time to release Beastborgs).
I hope when Arc-V goes to Xyz Dimension, we get to see some Zexal Decks shine.

ScionStorm
1st February 2016, 11:58 PM
I'm still disappointed we went to Synchro dimension and there was no carly. Fortune Ladies 2.0 and Fortune Synchros broken dreams.

LolsterXD97
1st February 2016, 11:59 PM
I'm still disappointed we went to Synchro dimensionvand there was no carly. Fortune Ladies 2.0 and Fortune Synchros broken dreams.

We still got bondage fanservice (shame that we didn't get it from Yuri). Melissa already takes Carly's place (or it takes the place of the announcer from the Fortune Cup?), but unlike Carly, she doesn't have an evil side and doesn't Duel at least 2 times.

KingKaash
2nd February 2016, 12:55 AM
I'm still disappointed we went to Synchro dimension and there was no carly. Fortune Ladies 2.0 and Fortune Synchros broken dreams.

Too many characters now so it's tough to add more. Carly could've definitely been incorporated though. Make her the assistant of Duel King Jack. Have her dislike Jack for turning his back on the Commons and secretly going down to the Commons area to still check up on people. She could've encountered Yuzu there and they could've dueled and Yuzu could've explained Academia. Carly could've then told Jack of this news and Jack Atlas wouldn't be the clueless character he is in Arc-V.

Baconator
2nd February 2016, 02:15 AM
Too many characters now so it's tough to add more. Carly could've definitely been incorporated though. Make her the assistant of Duel King Jack. Have her dislike Jack for turning his back on the Commons and secretly going down to the Commons area to still check up on people. She could've encountered Yuzu there and they could've dueled and Yuzu could've explained Academia. Carly could've then told Jack of this news and Jack Atlas wouldn't be the clueless character he is in Arc-V.

THE KING JACK ATLAS has no need for your petty knowldege.

KingKaash
2nd February 2016, 05:38 AM
THE KING JACK ATLAS has no need for your petty knowldege.

Lol he should atleast know the Synchro Dimension is being invaded by Obelisk Force mooks

Sanokal
2nd February 2016, 08:54 AM
Bloody hell, could people at least spoiler tag stuff until the subs are out?

SynjoDeonecros
2nd February 2016, 07:39 PM
Anyone remember Droite and her Papilloperatives? Who wants to see those remade/get support?

ScionStorm
2nd February 2016, 07:46 PM
I just want Butterflies to be an archetype. Where my manga Dianthus at?

LolsterXD97
2nd February 2016, 07:53 PM
Anyone remember Droite and her Papilloperatives? Who wants to see those remade/get support?

I would prefer more anything coming from the Arclight Family, Kaito (the animation budget would make justice to a new Galaxy-Eyes), Rio and Shark, but Butterflies would also be fine (however I would prefer more Gauche's Heroic Challengers than Droite's Papilloperatives).

King
2nd February 2016, 07:55 PM
I would prefer more anything coming from the Arclight Family, Kaito (the animation budget would make justice to a new Galaxy-Eyes), Rio and Shark, but Butterflies would also be fine (however I would prefer more Gauche's Heroic Challengers than Droite's Papilloperatives).

More heroics ,because Rank 4s.

LolsterXD97
2nd February 2016, 07:59 PM
More heroics ,because Rank 4s.

Then why not more Sharks? A 101 retrain would be nuts (and since Earthbound Inmortals came back in Arc-V, Numbers could also come back).

King
2nd February 2016, 08:03 PM
Then why not more Sharks? A 101 retrain would be nuts (and since Earthbound Inmortals came back in Arc-V, Numbers could also come back).

Showing the remaing Numbers will be nuts, i agree, but Umbral Horror Support will be nice too

LolsterXD97
2nd February 2016, 08:06 PM
Showing the remaing Numbers will be nuts, i agree, but Umbral Horror Support will be nice too

Konami should release and mega buff Umbral Horror Golem to change Levels or something like that.

King
2nd February 2016, 08:12 PM
Konami should release and mega buff Umbral Horror Golem to change Levels or something like that.

I dont know why konami did not made futher support to UH, like they did with Star Seraphs, going to Xyz Dimension will be the perfect chance to fix this.

LolsterXD97
2nd February 2016, 08:15 PM
I dont know why konami did not made futher support to UH, like they did with Star Seraphs, going to Xyz Dimension will be the perfect chance to fix this.

Well, the first 2 Duels were Rank 4 focused, then it was Rank 2 and the final one was bullshit because only 1 Umbral Horror card appeared and it was the most bullshitty one while the other cards were hax because Deal with the Devil. Indeed going to the Xyz Dimension would be a perfect chance to fix A LOT of the Zexal Anime Decks.

King
2nd February 2016, 08:22 PM
Unfortunally Synchro Dimension, did not fixed any Anime or Real Life exclusive Decks, they could Revamp Scraps, X-sabers, Lavals, Flamvells, T.Gs and more.

LolsterXD97
2nd February 2016, 08:27 PM
Unfortunally Synchro Dimension, did not any fixed Anime or Real Life exclusive Decks, they could Revamp Scraps, X-sabers, Lavals, Flamvells, T.Gs and more.

We got support for:
-Blackwings (but still bullshit support with the exception of Raikiri and maybe Chidori and Death).
-Goyos.
-RDA and Resonators (the new support fixed them A LOT, not at competitive level, but way better than before).
-X-Sabers (not from Synchro Dimension, but still an old Synchro Deck).

King
2nd February 2016, 08:29 PM
We got support for:
-Blackwings (but still bullshit support with the exception of Raikiri and maybe Chidori and Death).
-Goyos.
-RDA and Resonators (the new support fixed them A LOT, not at competitive level, but way better than before).
-X-Sabers (not from Synchro Dimension, but still an old Synchro Deck).

Yeah but they could make more

KingKaash
2nd February 2016, 09:02 PM
Yeah but they could make more

I wouldn't rule out a return to the Synchro Dimension sometime down the road. Just depends on how many episodes this show will be I guess. An Interdimensional Tournament to crown the best in all dimensions could be a fitting ending to the show and participants could be new characters that use the decks you mentioned. Because so far the 2 biggest tournaments in the show (Maiami and Fortune Cup) have been interrupted by invasion.

LolsterXD97
2nd February 2016, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't rule out a return to the Synchro Dimension sometime down the road. Just depends on how many episodes this show will be I guess. An Interdimensional Tournament to crown the best in all dimensions could be a fitting ending to the show and participants could be new characters that use the decks you mentioned. Because so far the 2 biggest tournaments in the show (Maiami and Fortune Cup) have been interrupted by invasion.

Inb4 an Academia Tournament will be interrupted by the Lancers.

King
2nd February 2016, 09:04 PM

You Remembered me that Jack did not made stand yet

KingKaash
2nd February 2016, 09:37 PM
Inb4 an Academia Tournament will be interrupted by the Lancers.

I'm glad you brought this up. I doubt Academia will be having a tournament when the Lancers go in. Why would they have tournament? They are a duel academy that produces soldiers not a free dimension where fun things like tournaments happen. The only reason I could ever see Academia holding some kind of tournament is to decide who will be the leaders to invade the Standard/Synchro Dimension. Otherwise I don't see it

- - - Updated - - -

You Remembered me that Jack did not made stand yet

Exactly! I wonder if Jack and his "Signer Dragon" are going to take down the Eartbounds and Sergey???

LolsterXD97
2nd February 2016, 09:38 PM
I'm glad you brought this up. I doubt Academia will be having a tournament when the Lancers go in. Why would they have tournament? They are a duel academy that produces soldiers not a free dimension where fun things like tournaments happen. The only reason I could ever see Academia holding some kind of tournament is to decide who will be the leaders to invade the Standard/Synchro Dimension. Otherwise I don't see it

Elimantion process, the strongests soldiers pass and the weakests are going right into the card machine. The Tournaments don't always have to be for fun (now if the participants are having fun just by being sadists, that's another thing).

SynjoDeonecros
2nd February 2016, 09:54 PM
Hands and Bounzers are my hope for an update, honestly, as slim though as they are. Maybe we'll see some more Duel Terminal archetypes in the Xyz universe, like Steelswarm, or even better, Evilswarm?

Dyson Sphere
2nd February 2016, 10:16 PM
give me more cyberdragon support, like maybe a searchable fusion spell

King
2nd February 2016, 10:18 PM

Give me more Infinity Shenanigans

LolsterXD97
2nd February 2016, 10:21 PM

How about a Power Bond searcher with benefits? I would like more Cyber Fusions.

KingKaash
2nd February 2016, 11:11 PM
Elimantion process, the strongests soldiers pass and the weakests are going right into the card machine. The Tournaments don't always have to be for fun (now if the participants are having fun just by being sadists, that's another thing).

That's possible. But do they become Obelisk Force members and don the gear? That's what I wonder. Because Barrett and his troops weren't wearing Obelisk Force stuff. Neither was Dennis

LolsterXD97
2nd February 2016, 11:17 PM
That's possible. But do they become Obelisk Force members and don the gear? That's what I wonder. Because Barrett and his troops weren't wearing Obelisk Force stuff. Neither was Dennis

I suppose they ascend from fodder level to get their own Decks (I suppose Dennis is just another generic student but far more skilled than the others and chosen for his spy abillities by having a charming second personality).

Volteccer
2nd February 2016, 11:30 PM

It would also be a reference to the Survival Duels from GX, just like how we got Riding Duels in the dimension based on 5D's.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd February 2016, 11:32 PM
I think Cyber Dragons have gotten enough support, thank you, with their Structure Deck and Infinity out. We don't need to power creep them even MORE.

Vehicroids, though, could do with some more decent support. I still like the buff they gave to Pair Cycroid when they made it into a real card (making it summonable by Instant Fusion and all that).

LolsterXD97
2nd February 2016, 11:39 PM
It would also be a reference to the Survival Duels from GX, just like how we got Riding Duels in the dimension based on 5D's.

I wonder what could be the opening introduction when they go to Xyz Dimension then.

LolsterXD97
2nd February 2016, 11:48 PM
I think Cyber Dragons have gotten enough support, thank you, with their Structure Deck and Infinity out. We don't need to power creep them even MORE.

Vehicroids, though, could do with some more decent support. I still like the buff they gave to Pair Cycroid when they made it into a real card (making it summonable by Instant Fusion and all that).

I meant the Fusion side of the Cyber Dragons.

KingKaash
2nd February 2016, 11:53 PM
I suppose they ascend from fodder level to get their own Decks (I suppose Dennis is just another generic student but far more skilled than the others and chosen for his spy abillities by having a charming second personality).

That sounds legit to me. Sora and Dennis are above the others. As well as Barrett. I wonder if Selena would've become an Obelisk Force first because she wasn't being chosen at all to fight? But I think that's because she's one of the 4 Yuzus so the Professor couldn't risk it. And dang they got a rigid regime over there. Like you have to win to survive otherwise you're useless to them. Wait where have I heard that kind of wicked system before...?

Michelle
3rd February 2016, 01:40 AM
Hm, I was under the impression this treat mingled about the idea of getting Past archetypes.

LolsterXD97
3rd February 2016, 01:48 AM
Hm, I was under the impression this treat mingled about the idea of getting Past archetypes.

I guess stuff happened and we just got excited with the conversation. Well, here is the summary of new stuff from past themes we recently got in Arc-V:
-Earthbound Inmortals 2.0 known as Earthbound Disciples (with one of them being a Fusion).
-Pitch-Black Warwolf upgrade in the form of Beastborg Wolf Kampfer.
-Indirect Venom support in the form of Starve Venom Fusion Dragon.

King
3rd February 2016, 01:52 AM
Still no Archfiend Support (RDA doesn't count)

Michelle
3rd February 2016, 01:54 AM
I feel we're getting a little too complacent about things that hardly are what they say.

I may be lying if I said I didn't want some things to be well revisited, but I'm honestly not happy about the way Konami's reintroducing older concepts back to the series in the slighest.

LolsterXD97
3rd February 2016, 01:56 AM
I feel we're getting a little too complacent about things that hardly are what they say.

I may be lying if I said I didn't want some things to be well revisited, but I'm honestly not happy about the way Konami's reintroducing older concepts back to the series in the slighest.

You mean these not getting enough attention?

King
3rd February 2016, 01:59 AM
The way the re-introduced Monarchs to the game, Konami can give the proper support to any Deck.

Michelle
3rd February 2016, 01:59 AM
You mean these not getting enough attention?

I mean things getting too much attention in such a forceful way it completely undermines what little value the original concept has.

Bonus points if the revisited decks are clunky and nigh unplayable. Did Buster Blader and friends really need to be made into a Deck?

ScionStorm
3rd February 2016, 02:19 AM

I thought it was obvious by now the Genex Tournament would become a Gladiatorial Rank War to determine the best most skilled and ruthless student soldiers the Academia would send to invade the other dimensions. With the Lancers getting involved either undercover or thrown into the pit of duelists to be "executed" ceremonially for Smugkaba entertainment. How could that NOT be a plot for season 3?

Bonus if Zane, Chazz and Atticus turn out to be Leo's Prefect Bodyguards and Alexis, Rhiley and Syrus turn out to be leaders of the underground resistance. Hopefully more "Vehicroid" Fusion monsters for Connection Zone, a reason to make Alexis Cyber Angels with more monsters and a second chance for the Mystic Revolution deck.

LolsterXD97
3rd February 2016, 03:07 AM
I thought it was obvious by now the Genex Tournament would become a Gladiatorial Rank War to determine the best most skilled and ruthless student soldiers the Academia would send to invade the other dimensions. With the Lancers getting involved either undercover or thrown into the pit of duelists to be "executed" ceremonially for Smugkaba entertainment. How could that NOT be a plot for season 3?

Bonus if Zane, Chazz and Atticus turn out to be Leo's Prefect Bodyguards and Alexis, Rhiley and Syrus turn out to be leaders of the underground resistance. Hopefully more "Vehicroid" Fusion monsters for Connection Zone, a reason to make Alexis Cyber Angels with more monsters and a second chance for the Mystic Revolution deck.

Serena and Barret already took Asuka and Fubuki's places in Arc-V (no idea who Dennis represents tho). Sora represents Sho while Yuri represents either Judai or Yubel; and that Academia professor that appears most of the times the action changes to Academia might represent Chronos.

King
3rd February 2016, 03:18 AM
Serena and Barret already took Asuka and Fubuki's places in Arc-V (no idea who Dennis represents tho). Sora represents Sho while Yuri represents either Judai or Yubel; and that Academia professor that appears most of the times the action changes to Academia might represent Chronos.

If Yuri got a good Relationship with Dennis, Dennis could be like Johan. But were the hell are the Manjoume and Ryo representants ?

SynjoDeonecros
3rd February 2016, 05:11 AM
Do we really need expies of the old characters? It's clear that they're not trying to make even the copies of the old characters act like their old selves, so...

Anyway, someone mentioned Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode, and I was thinking they should've brought those back. Or, since we have Goyo Emperor, more Fusions with Synchros as material. It would've been cool, for instance, to see Gaia Drake the Universal Force charge out of the gate or something.

KingKaash
3rd February 2016, 06:10 AM

I was trying to watch Season 2 Yugioh GX before school started. I watched when the Chancellor announced the Genex Tournament and it was clearly never meant to be bloodthirsty warrior trials. But I think I need to expand my thinking of a tournament. In the Academia tournament you and many others describe, I guess it's more of a Last Man Standing style rather than a tournament with fanfare, entertainment and championships.

Btw we've gotten insight on how Sora got to be so respected by Leo Akaba. His flashbacks show him crushing countless others to make it to where he's at. I guess they could mix things up and go "tournament" style. And yes having Zane and Atticus come back as villains would be great. The Alexis, Syrus resistance was something I hadn't even thought of.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait does that mean no nostalgia in the Fusion Dimension? No archetypes returning? Because I hadn't even compared the Arc-V characters to GX like you did, which now makes a ton of sense when I look at it like that.

LolsterXD97
3rd February 2016, 01:57 PM
Do we really need expies of the old characters? It's clear that they're not trying to make even the copies of the old characters act like their old selves, so...

Anyway, someone mentioned Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode, and I was thinking they should've brought those back. Or, since we have Goyo Emperor, more Fusions with Synchros as material. It would've been cool, for instance, to see Gaia Drake the Universal Force charge out of the gate or something.

The idea is resembling them, not making carbon copies of old characters.

Wait does that mean no nostalgia in the Fusion Dimension? No archetypes returning? Because I hadn't even compared the Arc-V characters to GX like you did, which now makes a ton of sense when I look at it like that.

We have got nostalgia in the Fusion Dimension (Ancient Gear, Beastborg and Starve Venom Fusion Dragon as Venom support). You can do the same comparison of characters by comparing the 5ds ones with the Synchro Dimension ones (Yugo is Yusei or Rua, Rin is Aki or Ruka, Shinji is Kiryu, DC227 is Ushio, Roger is Godwin, etc) or the Zexal ones with the Xyz Dimension ones (Yuto is Yuma but awesome, Shun is Shark, Ruri is Kotori or Rio).

SynjoDeonecros
3rd February 2016, 06:56 PM
I wonder why Declan didn't hire the Duel Terminal duelists to become backup Lancers? They're clearly skilled enough for it, and more support for their decks would be awesome, especially X-Sabers.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
3rd February 2016, 08:02 PM
They're clearly skilled enough for it
Disregarding the OT3K thanks to Shun, they all got eliminated from the tournament (although Hokuto lost and was carded by Serena, and was DQ'd for no-showing, but he lost nonetheless).

Sanokal
3rd February 2016, 08:11 PM
I guess stuff happened and we just got excited with the conversation. Well, here is the summary of new stuff from past themes we recently got in Arc-V:
-Earthbound Inmortals 2.0 known as Earthbound Disciples (with one of them being a Fusion).

See, someone listened (though that damn sub is finally out now). I suppose that I would have been spoiled either way since those blasted things were in the preview, but still...some people.

SynjoDeonecros
3rd February 2016, 08:21 PM
What do you want to be that, like Clear-Wing, Starve Venom has wording for its name that makes it incompatible with the current Venom archetype?

- - - Updated - - -

Disregarding the OT3K thanks to Shun, they all got eliminated from the tournament (although Hokuto lost and was carded by Serena, and was DQ'd for no-showing, but he lost nonetheless).

I don't count the DQ for Hokuto, since he didn't get a chance to duel for the honor of becoming a Lancer. And even though they lost, they could've become reserve Lancers, like put to guard the Standard Dimension from any invading Obelisk Forces that try to take advantage of the main group's absence...

LolsterXD97
3rd February 2016, 08:26 PM
What do you want to be that, like Clear-Wing, Starve Venom has wording for its name that makes it incompatible with the current Venom archetype?
Starve Venom IS a Venom monster: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Starve_Venom_Fusion_Dragon

SynjoDeonecros
3rd February 2016, 08:26 PM
Starve Venom IS a Venom monster.

Do we know that for sure? We only saw it once, and I don't think we got a clear enough view of its card name...

LolsterXD97
3rd February 2016, 08:29 PM
Do we know that for sure? We only saw it once, and I don't think we got a clear enough view of its card name...

It was a VERY clear view of its name:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/f/fd/StarveVenomFusionDragon-JP-Anime-AV.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20151220084747

SynjoDeonecros
3rd February 2016, 08:39 PM
Okay, my mistake. Wonder how it'll interact with the other Venom cards then, if at all...

LolsterXD97
3rd February 2016, 08:42 PM
Okay, my mistake. Wonder how it'll interact with the other Venom cards then, if at all...

Well, it is inmune to Venom Swamp, so getting a 2800 beater whose ATK cannot be lost by effect negation (looking at you, Vennominon) while the opponent's monsters lose 500 ATK each EP is very nice. You can also protect it with Ambush Fangs to also put a Venom Counter on the attacking monster and then use Venom Burn to burn 700 for each Venom Counter from that monster. And you can make it act like a Foolish Burial for Reptiles with Venom Shot.

SynjoDeonecros
3rd February 2016, 09:22 PM
Hmm. Makes you wonder why Yuri's using plants instead of the Venom archetype, then.

Anyway, Crow might become a new Lancer, in which case more Blackwing support is guaranteed, but I really don't see Jack becoming one, due to how little screentime they've been dedicating to him. Ninja-boy could become one, as well, so more Ninja support could be seen coming, as well.

As for Dennis, I can see him either back with a Fusion version of his Performage deck, or another deck based on Fusions (separate from the Ancient Gears).

Also, is it just me, or do anyone else want to see Declan's father duel with a Lovecraft deck? That would be fitting, using eldritch abomination versions of Fusion, Xyz, and Synchro monsters in concert to crush the opponent.

LolsterXD97
3rd February 2016, 09:29 PM
Hmm. Makes you wonder why Yuri's using plants instead of the Venom archetype, then.

Anyway, Crow might become a new Lancer, in which case more Blackwing support is guaranteed, but I really don't see Jack becoming one, due to how little screentime they've been dedicating to him. Ninja-boy could become one, as well, so more Ninja support could be seen coming, as well.

As for Dennis, I can see him either back with a Fusion version of his Performage deck, or another deck based on Fusions (separate from the Ancient Gears).

Also, is it just me, or do anyone else want to see Declan's father duel with a Lovecraft deck? That would be fitting, using eldritch abomination versions of Fusion, Xyz, and Synchro monsters in concert to crush the opponent.

I guess they wanted to represent Yubel (which used Plants) with Yuri by making him use Plants (except that Yuri doesn't love the Yus, or does he?).

Crow gotta become a Lancer, because BUY BLACKWINGS. Jack might become a Lancer to get his deserved screentime. Tsukikage is already a Lancer.

I see Dennis running pure Ancient Gears but way more decent than Obelisk Force.

I would like to see Leo with a new hax Deck.

ScionStorm
3rd February 2016, 09:31 PM
Leo will obviously have an AAA deck. ;P

Sanokal
3rd February 2016, 09:42 PM
Actually, if the whole "Card suit" thing is any indication, it might be an SSS deck.

LolsterXD97
3rd February 2016, 09:47 PM
Actually, if the whole "Card suit" thing is any indication, it might be an SSS deck.

The Super Special Awesome Deck. Then Himika might use a HHH Deck if she ever Duels.

Never die
3rd February 2016, 11:00 PM
I guess they wanted to represent Yubel (which used Plants) with Yuri by making him use Plants (except that Yuri doesn't love the Yus, or does he?).Also when yubel was possesing johan she was talking about how she would show 'her' love to ryo. And about Yuri..........he looks like he has a lot of love to share.

SynjoDeonecros
3rd February 2016, 11:00 PM
Just because he's related to Declan doesn't mean he's going to have an initial-based deck like Declan and his adopted brother does; his adopted brother just has one because he was copying Declan, otherwise it's a completely different deck.

ScionStorm
3rd February 2016, 11:48 PM
Leo's deck is AAA- Angry Ambitious Ass and Himika's deck is BBB-Beautiful Business Bitch.

KingKaash
4th February 2016, 12:54 AM
Well, it is inmune to Venom Swamp, so getting a 2800 beater whose ATK cannot be lost by effect negation (looking at you, Vennominon) while the opponent's monsters lose 500 ATK each EP is very nice. You can also protect it with Ambush Fangs to also put a Venom Counter on the attacking monster and then use Venom Burn to burn 700 for each Venom Counter from that monster. And you can make it act like a Foolish Burial for Reptiles with Venom Shot.

Look at you with the Stave Venom Deck recipe! Already got a strategy in mind I see

SynjoDeonecros
4th February 2016, 01:01 AM
Leo's deck is AAA- Angry Ambitious Ass and Himika's deck is BBB-Beautiful Business Bitch.

I still think it works better with Leo having a Lovecraft deck. Fits with his personality and goals, and it still has the multi-Extra Deck Summon aspect to it...

King
4th February 2016, 01:06 AM
If Somehow they go to Xyz Dimension a Revamp on V's cards will be great

yyythefuchs
5th February 2016, 09:51 AM

Thanks. I am going to update the original list, but just waiting these archtypes to be clear and well-understood. (for eg. what is the true identity of these earthbound disciples?)

Also, should I include God cards; after all, we have OBELISK force in Arc-v.

SynjoDeonecros
6th February 2016, 05:41 PM
Obelisk Force is a group of duelists, not a card set, so no, no inclusion of the God cards.

I wouldn't mind new support for the god cards, though (or level 10 and higher cards, in general, so I can use them with the Anubis Sphinxes).

LolsterXD97
7th February 2016, 02:40 PM
We got to see Sergey's Earthbound cards in episode 92 along with a very nice Spell:

Earthbound Prisoner Stone Sweeper (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Earthbound_Prisoner_Stone_Sweeper)
Winged-Beast/Dark/Effect/5/1600/1600
If there is a card in the Field Zone, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).

Earthbound Prisoner Line Walker (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Earthbound_Prisoner_Line_Walker)
?/Dark/Tuner/Effect/3/800/?

Earthbound Disciple Geo Kraken (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Earthbound_Disciple_Geo_Kraken)
?/Dark/Fusion/Effect/8/2800/1200
Once per turn, during your turn, if a monster(s) is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field: You can destroy as many monsters your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed.

Earthbound Disciple Geo Griffon (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Earthbound_Disciple_Geo_Griffon)
?/Dark/Synchro/Effect/8/2500/1500
When an "Earthbound" monster(s) you control is destroyed: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it.

Earthbound Prison (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Earthbound_Prison)
(Field Spell)
Negate any effect that would change the ATK of a face-up monster(s) on the field. If this card in the Field Zone is destroyed: Halve the LP of the player that destroyed it, and if you do, negate the effects of all face-up monsters they control.

Underworld Resonance - Synchro Fusion (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Underworld_Resonance_-_Synchro_Fusion)
(Normal Spell)
Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster and Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters you control as Materials.

Note: This one is basically using the same monsters for both Fusion and Synchro Summon, that's why I said that it was a very nice Spell.

Earthbound Demon Seal (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Earthbound_Demon_Seal)
(Counter Trap)
When your opponent activates a Spell Card while you control a face-up card in your Field Zone: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

SynjoDeonecros
8th February 2016, 09:09 PM
Since they're movie cards, I doubt we'll get any support for them, but I wouldn't mind them bringing back the Anubis Sphinx trio or the Malefic archetype, if only to get more level 10 and above support.

R3QU13M
12th February 2016, 10:37 AM
I think its time for Barret to switch decks now and go with Gladiator Beasts.

SynjoDeonecros
19th February 2016, 11:51 PM
It doesn't look like he's going to change his deck, any time soon, but seeing Gladiator Beasts being used in the anime would be awesome to see.

SynjoDeonecros
21st February 2016, 05:32 AM
I wonder if Barrett has Barbaros Ur in his deck, considering he runs both Beast-Warriors and Machines. If it stayed a Fusion Monster, he definitely would use it, I bet. Maybe he has a Beastborg upgrade to Barbaros in that deck of his...

LolsterXD97
21st February 2016, 06:36 AM
I wonder if Barrett has Barbaros Ur in his deck, considering he runs both Beast-Warriors and Machines. If it stayed a Fusion Monster, he definitely would use it, I bet. Maybe he has a Beastborg upgrade to Barbaros in that deck of his...
Barret has only used Beastborg upgrades of Beast-Warriors from Fubuki.

In other news, Edo Phoenix (Aster Phoenix) is rumoured to appear in Arc-V, D-HEROS revamp time?

Volteccer
21st February 2016, 02:41 PM

We only have a sample size of two right now, so don't be suprised if be breaks this "rule" at a later date.

SynjoDeonecros
21st February 2016, 03:19 PM

In other news, Edo Phoenix (Aster Phoenix) is rumoured to appear in Arc-V, D-HEROS revamp time?

If that's the case (which I hope it isn't), Next time he duels we better get a Beastborg version of Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei...

On a related note, I'm glad he has a Beast-Warrior searcher in the form of Sentinel Carrier. Now if only he has a Machine searcher, too, that'd be awesome...

Sanokal
22nd February 2016, 02:09 AM
The Beast Warriors that he also uses are technically a series as well - if I remember rightly their Japanese names include "shikoku senshi" - "Pitch-Black Warrior".

SynjoDeonecros
22nd February 2016, 02:29 AM
The Beast Warriors that he also uses are technically a series as well - if I remember rightly their Japanese names include "shikoku senshi" - "Pitch-Black Warrior".

漆黒の豹戦士パンサーウォリアー /Shikkoku no Hyōsenshi Pansā Woriā/Panther Warrior
漆黒の戦士 ワーウルフ/Shikkoku no Senshi Wāurufu/Pitch-Black Warwolf

Not quite the same, given the Kanji, but the Shikkoku no part is only limited to a few cards (like Dark Diviner, Legendary Ebon Steed, and Pitch-Black Power Stone), so eh, maybe...

Sanokal
22nd February 2016, 02:40 AM
Yeah, just realised myself...dammit there goes my theory.
That aside, are there any other Beast Warriors with similar names?

SynjoDeonecros
22nd February 2016, 02:45 AM
No, there aren't, sadly.