PDA

View Full Version : [BOSH Leaks] Twin Twister (possibly more stuff later)

Organization Messenger
15th October 2015, 02:10 AM
15th October 2015 02:02 AM

[BOSH Leaks] Twin Twister (possibly more stuff later) (http://ygorganization.com/bosh-leaks-twin-twister-possibly-more-stuff-later/)
Slowly but surely things are beginning to trickle out.
http://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/qCRX3pd.jpg?w=605
BOSH-JP067
Twin Twister
Quick-Play Spell
Discard 1 card, then target up to 2 Spell/Trap Cards on the field; destroy them.
Source (http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/45702093.html)
The Organization - Ending Misinformation (http://ygorganization.com)

Read on YGOrganization.com (http://ygorganization.com/bosh-leaks-twin-twister-possibly-more-stuff-later/)

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 02:11 AM
More mst brigade applicants!

Charly Ruri Raptors
15th October 2015, 02:11 AM
This card is pretty good.

Jack Atlas
15th October 2015, 02:13 AM
So we got Ancient Telescope, Scapegoat, Monster reborn, and a Magical Hat, but what's that one in the far back? Looks like Konami is taking hints at people wanting a different method of generic S/T removal, which looks very promising for decks that can benefit from the discard.

Also, Next up on the OCG Leak tour is a New Mirror Force: Dust Force http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/45707542.html, which should be up here any moment now.

King
15th October 2015, 02:15 AM
finaly something that can replace heavy storm thank you based konami

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
15th October 2015, 02:18 AM
inb5 Darude - Sandstorm jokes.

aera644
15th October 2015, 02:18 AM
finaly something that can replace heavy storm thank you based konami

So this screams "USE ME IN BA I CAN BE YOUR MST".

King
15th October 2015, 02:24 AM
So this screams "USE ME IN BA I CAN BE YOUR MST".

As i BA player i feel ashamed of myself to never noticed the synergy of this card in BAs but now i know with this they already won Worlds

Torrendous
15th October 2015, 02:24 AM
I love how this card just completely wrecks your opponent's scales. And it can't be negated by Damage Juggler like Wavering Eyes can!

AccelRainbowDashley
15th October 2015, 02:25 AM
BOSH is really shaking up the game, and I love it.

Devocrown
15th October 2015, 02:31 AM
The new Force card is a nice card I must say, now which element are we missing so far. Water? Or was that already printed

Dyson Sphere
15th October 2015, 02:31 AM
this card is officially mst 2.0, retains quickplay while destroying 2 plus adding in a discard eff that a ton of decks can use to their advantage, nice going konami

The Sonic Duck
15th October 2015, 02:32 AM
While this is definitely stronger than MST. most deck's won't run this over it cause of the discard cost. still good though. BA have a new toy to cause havoc with.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 02:33 AM
this card is officially mst 2.0, retains quickplay while destroying 2 plus adding in a discard eff that a ton of decks can use to their advantage, nice going konami
Downside being you can't use it with an empty hand and not everything loves discards

Scarlet-Sama
15th October 2015, 02:34 AM
So we got Ancient Telescope, Scapegoat, Monster reborn, and a Magical Hat, but what's that one in the far back?

It's "Horn of Light"
(And yes, I only registered just to reply this... lol jk)

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 02:34 AM
It's "Horn of Light"
(And yes, I only registered just to reply this... lol jk)
Stay. Please. Your infinite wisdom will save us.

The Sonic Duck
15th October 2015, 02:37 AM
Well, Ghostricks are going to have some spooky fun with the EARTH Mirror Force.

Delerious1
15th October 2015, 02:38 AM
Unrelated, but it looks like Maxut's been pulling double duty; he just posted hi-res images of the SPWR cards from a few days ago: http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/45707732.html#more.

And holy moly that Rank 12.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 02:39 AM
Unrelated, but it looks like Maxut's been pulling double duty; he just posted hi-res images of the SPWR cards from a few days ago: http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/45707732.html#more.

Finally....

Icematoro
15th October 2015, 02:41 AM
So we got Ancient Telescope, Scapegoat, Monster reborn, and a Magical Hat, but what's that one in the far back?
Horn of Light (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Horn_of_Light) of all cards... like, the other ones are popular and well known (Telescope was used by Pegasus I think? I can't remember), I'd Understand Horn of the Unicorn, but Light?

JoJoToast
15th October 2015, 02:49 AM

So it's a Power-Ranger's Megazord @_@, Red Ranger gets the middle as usual :(

The Sonic Duck
15th October 2015, 02:49 AM
Okay that new pendulum Fairy.....my word.

Torrendous
15th October 2015, 02:50 AM
Magician Counter Fairies when

Amy Liad
*looks at Ariadne*
Nope. Fuck everything. EVERYTHING.

Hope in the Interstice
Okay that new pendulum Fairy.....my word.
... Solemn Warning, Solemn Judgment, and Solemn Notice are now free.

Thank God I play TCG.

ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt
15th October 2015, 02:51 AM
What, counter fairy support?

Dread Kaiser

[10:50:35 PM] DreadKaiser: "– You do not have to pay Life Points to activate a Counter Trap Card.– You do not have to discard cards from your hand to activate a Counter Trap Card."
[10:50:45 PM]GBG92: spittake
[10:50:56 PM] DreadKaiser: Monster Effect: (1): If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can reveal 3 Counter Trap Cards from your Deck, have your opponent add 1 of them to your hand, also shuffle the rest back into your Deck.
[10:51:07 PM] GBG92: That's...
[10:51:19 PM] GBG92: Counter Fairy is going to be the new Traptrix, isn't it? lol

Sound about right to anyone else?
wait, no R$NK yet. don't worry we don't have solemns from deck yet

The Sonic Duck
Just read the article......you will understand.

Torrendous
What, counter fairy support?

Check the org. It's pendulum effect makes counter traps that require discards/LP costless

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 02:52 AM

Sound about right to anyone else?
Fortunately, the only thing that searches this as of now is Wavering Eyes. Rest easy, everyone.

Shinjikun
15th October 2015, 02:52 AM
Great Card, going to use in my Synchrons

Devocrown
15th October 2015, 02:53 AM
Counter Fairy........now is time to accept our pendulum overlords

The Sonic Duck
This makes me wonder when God from the Solemn cards is going to become his own card.

Mari
I'm really liking the new cards, specially the pendulum fairy, those are very interesting effects regarding traps and I want to try them out already

Robin
Ariadne is Flame Mascot.

We can now search our notices and warnings with our Lusters and Masters and Wavering Eyes.

Damn.

Not sure how much impact, but foubtful that it will have no impact.

The Sonic Duck
15th October 2015, 02:54 AM
inb4 this is a whole archetype Konami was keeping secret until now.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 02:54 AM
Ariadne is Flame Mascot.

We can now search our notices and warnings with our Lusters and Masters and Wavering Eyes.

Damn.

Not sure how much impact, but foubtful that it will have no impact.

No, it searches when she dies as a monster, Wavering eyes does nothing but lose your advanced payment on counter traps

Robin
15th October 2015, 02:56 AM
No, it searches when she dies as a monster, Wavering eyes does nothing but lose your advanced payment on counter traps
Kaihou no Ariadne/Liberating Ariadne
LIGHT Level 4 Fairy-Type Pendulum Effect Monster
Pendulum Effect: (1): As long as this card remains face-up in the Pendulum Zone, apply the following effects:
– You do not have to pay Life Points to activate a Counter Trap Card.
– You do not have to discard cards from your hand to activate a Counter Trap Card.
Monster Effect: (1): If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can reveal 3 Counter Trap Cards from your Deck, have your opponent add 1 of them to your hand, also shuffle the rest back into your Deck.

That is the same wording as Flame Mascot. Read.

hitsusen
15th October 2015, 02:57 AM
That pendulum counter fairy also triggers when destroyed by Luster Pendulum, doesn't she? 0.0'

Dread Kaiser
Poor sangan, ended up in jail

Dyson Sphere

its the same with flame mascot when it dies its a monster in extra face-up so eff activates

Hope in the Interstice
Poor sangan, ended up in jail
So what, exactly, are we supposed to do with this card?

The Sonic Duck
15th October 2015, 02:59 AM
I'm still waiting for him to get out on parol and then he comes to 1 the next ban list.

Dyson Sphere
15th October 2015, 03:00 AM
I'm still waiting for him to get out on parol and then he comes to 1 the next ban list.

and then people realize how useless he is these days and he goes to 3

Torrendous
15th October 2015, 03:00 AM
Magician Counter Fairies when

As soon as ygohack scripts these, I'm totally doing this.

EDIT: Why would one use False Accusations over just using Exciton..? The card's use isn't immediately apparent.

Delerious1
15th October 2015, 03:03 AM
Anyone been able to make out that Rank 8 WATER monster?

Also, Kyu-B and Level 3 Goyo confirmed for final Synchros.

Deadborder
15th October 2015, 03:09 AM
i will use majespecter frog to slurp up all of your delicious, delicious tears

Robin
15th October 2015, 04:14 AM
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/d/2/d2490d6b.png

idk if you guys missed this

EDIT: oh, 2 posts above sorta. Whoops.

Torrendous
15th October 2015, 04:17 AM
majespecter frog so kawaii~

Joenen
15th October 2015, 04:20 AM
So they went with "more s/t hate" to compliment the new powerful traps we've been getting.

Nice. I think?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm so gotta name Majespecter something that isn't frog and for safety reasons not toad.

So Majespecter Polliwog?

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 04:33 AM
ITS ALIVE!

So yeah nice shit just got dropped

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 04:33 AM
Hmm so gotta name Majespecter something that isn't frog and for safety reasons not toad.

So Majespecter Polliwog?
How about Kaeru? Or whatever the word for Frog is?

hitsusen
15th October 2015, 04:35 AM
So they went with "more s/t hate" to compliment the new powerful traps we've been getting.

Nice. I think?

- - - Updated - - -

So Majespecter Polliwog?

Majespecter Frog the Jam ?

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 04:35 AM
Dat Rank 8 though
REally only 1 Xyz this set so far?

clairedestroyer!
15th October 2015, 04:37 AM
Cuz just writing a word into romaji and going "that's translated lol" is really unprofessional and sloppy looking. There are some very minor exceptions but generally that's not a good way to go.

It'll probably be toad, maybe something more obscure like Croaker

Zarkiel
15th October 2015, 04:37 AM
Wow these are some good cards. that double mst keeps sticking out, but the forbidden tome is also good. But fuck everything because we got Zombie master as a field spell. Nothing could be better. I think shiranuis redeemed themselves for their lacking monster support.

aera644
15th October 2015, 04:41 AM
dat frog is op

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
15th October 2015, 04:42 AM
Illumirage looks like an Eeveelution. Would have been nice for a generic Wyrm deck if its effect didn't apply to Wyrm monsters.

AccelRainbowDashley
15th October 2015, 04:48 AM
That rank 8 Alexander is brutal for any deck that can use it. Common scenario it removes two monsters from the extra deck and seriously disrupts the opponent's plays. I like it.

Destiny91
Illumirage is rather weird. I don't see how can you take advantage from that Effect...unless it only affects your opponent.

Goyo Defender was like the worst joke ever.

I really expected something good since we had so many Synchros...guess I will keep my expectations to the minimum...then something good might happen.

BTW, Maju Kyu-B looks epic and it's Effect is really good for both a hitter and a Physical wall

aera644
lol nice one

Archfiend
15th October 2015, 04:49 AM
That Rank 8 tho. Dwindle your opponent's cache of extra deck monsters >:D

Was hoping for something more form Kyuubi, but I guess a big beater/wall works for the deck.

Yuuri
15th October 2015, 04:56 AM
Well, since there is a lot to cover, I will just do it in one post since I will not be on for the rest of the night.

Dracoslayers - Kind of lackluster, in my humble opinion. Though, the fusion might be useful. Clowns can utilize it...

Twin Twister - Now, I can actually see this getting some use. It nukes the Pendulum Zones or blast away two Spell/Traps the opponent controls. Luckily, if the opponent controls 2 cards, the player can break even with card advantage.

EARTH Mirror Force - Lackluster.

Liberating Ariadne - Glad to see an old theme finally get some love. Counter Fairies got a huge boost with this card.

False Accusations - Lackluster, but someone may find a way to use it.

Six Samurais - Jisha-Q is alright, I guess. Kyu-B got buffed, which is great.

Majespecter cards - Great, like the deck really needed Frog. Not that it will do much for the deck, but it will still be annoying. The Quickplay Spell is lackluster.

Pendulum Reborn - Lackluster, might have some use.

Illumirage - Why am I even mentioning this? Lackluster.

Forbidden Tome - Also might see some use. It is slow, but it seems practical enough to use.

Dynamist cards - Ptera might be good. It can search other Dynamist monsters, so that is always helpful. Other than that, lackluster.

Demonic Sea Castle Aigaion - Now THIS has some potential. It messes with the opponent's Extra Deck AND can become a beatstick. I cannot wait to try it out in my Gimmick Puppet deck.

Archfiend
15th October 2015, 04:59 AM
Well, since there is a lot to cover, I will just do it in one post since I will not be on for the rest of the night.

Dracoslayers - Kind of lackluster, in my humble opinion. Though, the fusion might be useful. Clowns can utilize it...

Twin Twister - Now, I can actually see this getting some use. It nukes the Pendulum Zones or blast away two Spell/Traps the opponent controls. Luckily, if the opponent controls 2 cards, the player can break even with card advantage.

EARTH Mirror Force - Lackluster.

Liberating Ariadne - Glad to see an old theme finally get some love. Counter Fairies got a huge boost with this card.

False Accusations - Lackluster, but someone may find a way to use it.

Six Samurais - Jisha-Q is alright, I guess. Kyu-B got buffed, which is great.

Majespecter cards - Great, like the deck really needed Frog. Not that it will do much for the deck, but it will still be annoying. The Quickplay Spell is lackluster.

Pendulum Reborn - Lackluster, might have some use.

Illumirage - Why am I even mentioning this? Lackluster.

Forbidden Tome - Also might see some use. It is slow, but it seems practical enough to use.

Dynamist cards - Ptera might be good. It can search other Dynamist monsters, so that is always helpful. Other than that, lackluster.

Demonic Sea Castle Aigaion - Now THIS has some potential. It messes with the opponent's Extra Deck AND can become a beatstick. I cannot wait to try it out in my Gimmick Puppet deck.

I said the exact same thing about this card lol. Was totally going to try him in my Puppte deck :D I guess I found another Gimmick Pupper player?
I thought I was the only one.

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 04:59 AM
lackluster Lackluster Lackluster lackluster Lackluster Lackluster lackluster.
It took you only one post to make lackluster a word I hate.

Destiny91
15th October 2015, 05:05 AM
"You can banish 1 random face-down monster from your opponent’s Extra Deck"

It's all about luck.

Archfiend
15th October 2015, 05:07 AM
"You can banish 1 random face-down monster from your opponent’s Extra Deck"

It's all about luck.

The real utility this card has is destroying your opponents extra deck if done right. Just banish a card from their extra every turn and watch them cry in agony.

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 05:19 AM
Guiturtle. Nice draw power and the Monster Effect is actually really nice. It'd actually be decent if it were Level 2 at the very least.

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 05:20 AM
YES. SO MUCH YES! MORE FUCKING BACKROW HATE! AND IT'S GOOOOOOD! And motherfucking discard cost is awesome. Now I can dump anything I want AND motherfucking Quickplay!!!

theraggedyman
15th October 2015, 05:24 AM
Remember when Field Spells looked like actual locations?

But seriously though I'm liking a lot of these cards.

Since I am ever the optimist about cards on their own, I feel like there is some way to ruin someone's day with Illumirage

BEN
15th October 2015, 05:29 AM
So goyo defender+tatsunoko=quasar that can attack 3 times... I believe i have discovered something evil.

ScionStorm
15th October 2015, 05:29 AM
Well I'm a bit disappointed there are only 3 anime spells and 3 anime traps in this set. Otherwise this looks like a fun set. So glad Kyu-Bi got in this set instead of Kusanagi. And hey, they removed his honorbound battle restriction of only fighting the strongest monster on the opponent's field.

Oh god, Counter Trap Angels have a pendulum now?

Every time I see a new Mirror Force trap I am reminded of what Mirror Force Dragon could have been. :/

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 05:40 AM
NO MORE COUNTERTRAP OR MAJESPECTOR BULLSHIT! REALLY! KONAMI WHY!

*Sigh* atleast we have more backrow hate.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 05:42 AM
Was wondering where you were...

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 05:43 AM
I'm living 5 Time Zones away so I pretty much always miss the cool stuff.

Zarkiel
15th October 2015, 05:44 AM
So that last shiranui monster is kind of trash. why do I need to recycle my shiranui monsters in grave to hand. would have been better if his second effect was generic rather than his first.

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 05:45 AM
So that last shiranui monster is kind of trash. why do I need to recycle my shiranui monsters in grave to hand. would have been better if his second effect was generic rather than his first.
Because you can banish Chief, pop a card, and then recycle Chief to get more advantage?

ScionStorm
15th October 2015, 05:46 AM
Mononofu is the handsomest looking zombie I've ever seen.

Butter
15th October 2015, 05:47 AM
NO MORE COUNTERTRAP OR MAJESPECTOR BULLSHIT! REALLY! KONAMI WHY!

*Sigh* atleast we have more backrow hate.

Don't take this the wrong way, but do you hate everything?

Destiny91
"During either player’s turn: you can banish 1 Zombie-Type monster in your Graveyard: this card gains 600 ATK until the end of the turn, and if it does, if this card battles with a monster this turn, banish that monster after damage calculation."

Why would you say it's trash? This Effect is amazing

Zarkiel
Because you can banish Chief, pop a card, and then recycle Chief to get more advantage?

That's it, I want chief in grave, not in my hand. its much better as a banish target than a revival card.

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 05:49 AM
So we only have one more card to look forward to; the elusive 041.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 05:50 AM
Whatever it is, its another pendulum
given it succeeds 7 and 8, Deskbot 009?

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 05:51 AM
Whatever it is, its another pendulum
given it succeeds 7 and 8, Deskbot 009?
Not guaranteed; if it's a Normal Rare, it could be a non-Pendulum.

Destiny91
15th October 2015, 05:51 AM
Hi-Speed Relevel

"Banish 1 "Speedroid" monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 Synchro Monster you control; until the end of this turn, its Level becomes the banished monster's, and it gains ATK equal to the banished monster's Level x 500"

So basically, you banish kendama and the target Synchro monster becomes level 6 and gains 3000 ATK.

Cool!!

If used in Chanbarider with Limiter Removal, you have a 10k monster that can attack twice per turn.

Zarkiel
15th October 2015, 05:52 AM
"During either player’s turn: you can banish 1 Zombie-Type monster in your Graveyard: this card gains 600 ATK until the end of the turn, and if it does, if this card battles with a monster this turn, banish that monster after damage calculation."

Why would you say it's trash? This Effect is amazing

Looking at that effect, it works pretty good as a main way to remove threats since you can banish whatever, but it seems like it would have been better if the second effect added a zombie to hand rather than shiranui. but that would have made their trap super OP. Tribute monster, pop 2, add monster back to hand seems rather stupid.

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 05:52 AM
Hi-Speed Relevel

"Banish 1 "Speedroid" monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 Synchro Monster you control; until the end of this turn, its Level becomes the banished monster's, and it gains ATK equal to the banished monster's Level x 500"

So basically, you banish kendama and the target Synchro monster becomes level 6 and gains 3000 ATK.

Cool!!
And where did you find this?

Destiny91
15th October 2015, 05:54 AM
http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/45702237.html

the only thing we didn't know was the amount of ATK...now it's clear

Mofiz
Don't take this the wrong way, but do you hate everything?

Everyting that has the "I don't want you to play" gamestyle. I think I made that pretty obvious several times.

Butter
I was expecting a really nice set. Most of the cards in here aren't very good unfortunately. :/

Ariadne is actually amazing though, I see her reviving counter fairies with eccentrick, abductor, wavering eyes, and other good splashable pendulums as an engine. The fact that her monster effect works just like the performage pendulum makes her even more usable.
Realistically though, it might see more plays in other decks as a way to mitigate costs from probably the most powerful card type in the game. This might turn the meta into a more trap based one.

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 05:55 AM
http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/45702237.html

the only thing we didn't know was the amount of ATK...now it's clear
Well. Now Chanbarider is gonna kick some serious ass.

Butter
15th October 2015, 05:57 AM
Everyting that has the "I don't want you to play" gamestyle. I think I made that pretty obvious several times.

To be fair, counter fairies were absolute trash. They probably deserved this more than any other deck (except Genex and steelswarm. That's called a waste of cardboard.).

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 06:00 AM
To be fair, counter fairies were absolute trash. They probably deserved this more than any other deck (except Genex and steelswarm. That's called a waste of cardboard.).

It's not about being trash or whatever. The gamestyle itself is just disgustingly designed. A Deck that is only about spamming cards your opponent possibly cannot respond to and gets everything negated and destroyed. Where is the fun, if I'm FORCED to make atleast a forth of my Deck backrow hate? Konami has to stop making/promoting Decks, that are not about interaction but being simple stupid solitaire.

Destiny91
15th October 2015, 06:00 AM

A 10k monster (using Limiter) that can attack twice per turn. That's some serious shit.

Even without limiter a 5k dual attacker is really powerful

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 06:02 AM

Still useless to be honest. Nothing I would like to draw into, I would prefer another Speed Rebirth.

Destiny91
15th October 2015, 06:04 AM
Still useless to be honest. Nothing I would like to draw into, I would prefer another Speed Rebirth.

Yeah, it's just an ATK booster.

I know you don't like things that are too overpowered (I think this one is cool).

But you must admit that this thing can win duels just like that, if used with the right timing

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 06:04 AM
Not useless. Just situational. It makes your Speedroids absolutely massive. Hell, any 2100+ monster you control can run over even Utopia the Lightning with the banish of Kendama.

Dio Brando
15th October 2015, 06:06 AM
It appears that I, Dio, am late for this party.

Destiny91
15th October 2015, 06:08 AM
Not useless. Just situational. It makes your Speedroids absolutely massive. Hell, any 2100+ monster you control can run over even Utopia the Lightning with the banish of Kendama.

You can use it with any synchro on the field as target.

Use it with Scarlight RDA...you get a 6k beater and with it's Effect you can destroy things like Neo-Galaxy Eyes or that robot Xyz with 5k ATK (I don't remember the name). Burn your opponent and then attack.

Mofiz

Pure ATK was never really a thing to me. I prefer stuff that lets me access more Tools (mostly from the Extra Deck) which can take care of the ATK Problem. This is likely to be a dead draw more often.

Hope in the Interstice
It appears that I, Dio, am late for this party.
Very, if I do say so myself. Have some links:

First, Deskbots (http://ygorganization.com/the-bosh-knight-begins/)
Secondly, Kozmo DOG Fighter (http://ygorganization.com/tcg-kozmo-dog-fighter/)
Thirdly, Dracoslayers (http://ygorganization.com/bosh-leaks-dracoslayers/)
Fourthly, every other BOSH card (http://ygorganization.com/bosh-leaks-twin-twister-possibly-more-stuff-later/)
And finally, more Wing Raiders (http://ygorganization.com/spwr-the-poster-cards-revealed/)

Butter
15th October 2015, 06:09 AM
It's not about being trash or whatever. The gamestyle itself is just disgustingly designed. A Deck that is only about spamming cards your opponent possibly cannot respond to and gets everything negated and destroyed. Where is the fun, if I'm FORCED to make atleast a forth of my Deck backrow hate? Konami has to stop making/promoting Decks, that are not about interaction but being simple stupid solitaire.

Look at it rationally, Counter fairies were already a thing. They were never really a problem, and it's not that Ariadne makes the counter traps even more broken in the sense that you might be thinking of, but it's designed to revive an old and undersupported deck. Honestly the deck might not even make a splash at all.

I look at it and I appreciate it for what it is. Great legacy support for an obscure classic. A (old ass) deck shouldn't be less eligble for new support than it's peers because of the playstyle. Well unless it's something absolutely cancerous like Judment.

Dio Brando
15th October 2015, 06:10 AM
Very, if I do say so myself. Have some links:

First, Deskbots (http://ygorganization.com/the-bosh-knight-begins/)
Secondly, Kozmo DOG Fighter (http://ygorganization.com/tcg-kozmo-dog-fighter/)
Thirdly, Dracoslayers (http://ygorganization.com/bosh-leaks-dracoslayers/)
Fourthly, every other BOSH card (http://ygorganization.com/bosh-leaks-twin-twister-possibly-more-stuff-later/)
And finally, more Wing Raiders (http://ygorganization.com/spwr-the-poster-cards-revealed/)

Very good. Very good.

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 06:13 AM
Look at it rationally, Counter fairies were already a thing. They were never really a problem, and it's not that Ariadne makes the counter traps even more broken in the sense that you might be thinking of, but it's designed to revive an old and undersupported deck. Honestly the deck might not even make a splash at all.

I look at it and I appreciate it for what it is. Great legacy support for an obscure classic. A (old ass) deck shouldn't be less eligble for new support than it's peers because of the playstyle. Well unless it's something absolutely cancerous like Judment.

A Deck pretty much SHOULD be less supported because of its gamestyle. No matter how hold it is, if it is a gamestyle that is simply not fun (seriously, activate: negate, activate: negate. That's not fun at all) it is already bad. And even if it won't become meta: Tripple Notice, Great Horn, Cursed Seal, Advice and a Warning along with various other Counter Traps won't be fun. I can quit immedietly because I know the gameplay will be: I will get negated everything until I or my opponent doesn't have stuff anymore.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 06:20 AM
A Deck pretty much SHOULD be less supported because of its gamestyle. No matter how hold it is, if it is a gamestyle that is simply not fun (seriously, activate: negate, activate: negate. That's not fun at all) it is already bad. And even if it won't become meta: Tripple Notice, Great Horn, Cursed Seal, Advice and a Warning along with various other Counter Traps won't be fun. I can quit immedietly because I know the gameplay will be: I will get negated everything until I or my opponent doesn't have stuff anymore.

While I agree and all, don't forget what is and isn't fun is probably the single most subjective thing you can say. I doubt anyone would like being on the recieving end but of course there are people who either like doing that or prioitize winning over fun, or more likely view them as the same thing

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 06:22 AM
While I agree and all, don't forget what is and isn't fun is probably the single most subjective thing you can say. I doubt anyone would like being on the recieving end but of course there are people who either like doing that or prioitize winning over fun, or more likely view them as the same thing
For example, I don't find it fun for my opponents to spend forever doing their turn to get out a Quasar, Sifr, or multiples of either.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 06:23 AM
For example, I don't find it fun for my opponents to spend forever doing their turn to get out a Quasar, Sifr, or multiples of either.

And I find building decks to be as much fun as playing the game, I highly doubt that is a common sentiment

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 06:24 AM

Someone who knows what he is doing doesn't need forever to summon anything from that. He does what's necessary to quickly summon their stuff. I mostly only need a minute. Ritual Beasts do the exact same bs as often as possible which takes about 10 minutes.
But seriously: Who think Counter Trap Spam is fun for both sides?

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 06:24 AM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Seal_Arbiter
Card #41

Butter
15th October 2015, 06:25 AM

I guess we can agree to disagree. Personally I think it's really cool. I think of decks like counterfairies, geagia, etc. To be more defensive instead of the offensive decks we play every day.
The way I see it is why should an otk deck (like qli and other decks that just drop massive damage at once) be supported, and be just fine, but a defensive deck shouldn't be. You can argues that it isn't fun, but neither is losing in one turn.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 06:26 AM
Someone who knows what he is doing doesn't need forever to summon anything from that. He does what's necessary to quickly summon their stuff. I mostly only need a minute. Ritual Beasts do the exact same bs as often as possible which takes about 10 minutes.

you assume most players care about whether the other guy is having fun

- - - Updated - - -

I guess we can agree to disagree. Personally I think it's really cool. I think of decks like counterfairies, geagia, etc. To be more defensive instead of the offensive decks we play every day.
The way I see it is why should an otk deck (like qli and other decks that just drop massive damage at once) be supported, and be just fine, but a defensive deck shouldn't be. You can argues that it isn't fun, but neither is losing in one turn.

as he will probably say, runs triple menkoto for a reason

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 06:27 AM
It takes forever. Every opponent who does it takes forever and I'm left with my feet resting on my footrest and my head lying back as I count sheep in my head as I wait for them to end their bloody turn already when they've either got a nigh impenetrable field or they've completely botched up what they were going for. It takes an eternity.

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 06:28 AM

This is HARDLY being "defensive". Defensive would be damage reducing, Battele Phase Ending, simply negating massive effects. Negating and destroying everything you ever had and loved and attack your clear field because you couldn't do anything (the intention of these Decks) is not "defensive".
Also, noone really said that OTK Decks like Qlis should get support either. It's just as cancerous.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 06:30 AM
I just tell the guy "I have no response, I know what you are doing, Stop saying "Effect, Response?" every 4 seconds and Skip to the end"

They usually comply, Especially when I point out I have no backrow

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 06:31 AM
It takes forever. Every opponent who does it takes forever and I'm left with my feet resting on my footrest and my head lying back as I count sheep in my head as I wait for them to end their bloody turn already when they've either got a nigh impenetrable field or they've completely botched up what they were going for. It takes an eternity.

I said "someone who knows what he is doing". Someone who is used to Quasar Spam should be able to know what he has to do with his hand after several seconds (atleast I do). The thing that takes away most of the time is if you have a Veiler you want to chain.

Butter
15th October 2015, 06:31 AM

Yeah I can understand where you guys are coming from, but I think of things that lock the game down as a challenge. I honestly doubt anyone here has played against quasar with their gimmicky deck and was angry because it didn't let you do ehat your deck was made to do. If cards like warning and notice weren't a thing, and you could do whatever you wanted to your opponent with out a "lockdown card" to check it, I'd probably be very bored with the game.

I might even go so far as to say that counter traps are the definition of player interaction.

Zarkiel
15th October 2015, 06:32 AM
Card #41

For those pesky Cloak and Daggers I guess. I didn't think this was a needed counter.

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 06:35 AM
Yeah I can understand where you guys are coming from, but I think of things that lock the game down as a challenge. I honestly doubt anyone here has played against quasar with their gimmicky deck and was angry because it didn't let you do ehat your deck was made to do. If cards like warning and notice weren't a thing, and you could do whatever you wanted to your opponent with out a "lockdown card" to check it, I'd probably be very bored with the game.

I might even go so far as to say that counter traps are the definition of player interaction.

Quasar negates once and it's completely fair because it needs one hell of a setup. It can be chained to and you know what you are dealing with. Simply setting 4 face downs and negating my stuff 4 times isn't. Counter Traps WOULD be player interaction if they had to be thought over. But noone ever thought if they should run Debunk, Destruction Jammer or other specific cards against specific Decks and just use the generic "negate everything and destroy" bs. I don't have anything against the principle of Counter Traps but all Solemn Counters, without an exception are cancer.

Butter
15th October 2015, 06:35 AM
This is HARDLY being "defensive". Defensive would be damage reducing, Battele Phase Ending, simply negating massive effects. Negating and destroying everything you ever had and loved and attack your clear field because you couldn't do anything (the intention of these Decks) is not "defensive".
Also, noone really said that OTK Decks like Qlis should get support either. It's just as cancerous.

It is defense, probably just a little too good of a defense
The same as how fast otk decks are really good offense.

Slower decks have to shut out the opponent in some way to win in this game, it's just too fast. Look at Bujins, geargia, traptrix, even tellars to some degree. There's only a little player interaction, but that's just how it goes

Cherche
15th October 2015, 06:37 AM
Card #41

Redirect the Mind Crushes and D.D. Designators!

Dread Kaiser
ugh, here it comes.....
before I go to bed and wait out the shitstorm that is coming, my 2 cents

As long as I am atleast able to ATTEMPT to play something, I'm fine with it.
As long as I can do things, even if they are foiled in the end. I run cards to interfere with plays too, that's part of the game. its kinda the idea behind "Traps"

I have no issues with any counter trap, even the Solemns

Floodgates are another story, can't even attempt to make moves. I have an MST/Trapstun or I scoop. Thats boring

Butter
I'll sorta go back on my previous statement. MOST slow decks need to shut out the opponent, I know there's that 1% that doesn't lol.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 06:39 AM
For those pesky Cloak and Daggers I guess. I didn't think this was a needed counter.

Yeah I had to reread that a few times to get what It was going for....

Butter
15th October 2015, 06:41 AM
ugh, here it comes.....
before I go to bed and wait out the shitstorm that is coming, my 2 cents

As long as I am atleast able to ATTEMPT to play something, I'm fine with it.
As long as I can do things, even if they are foiled in the end. I run cards to interfere with plays too, that's part of the game. its kinda the idea behind "Traps"

Floodgates are another story, can't even attempt to make moves. I have an MST/Trapstun or I scoop. Thats boring

That's fair. To me floodgates are here nor there, they're not really comparable to other disruptive cards. They aim to shut off something specific which might be too much, but it's how we handle most of the cancer in the game.

I like them and dislike them at the same time. And I'm sorry if it's starting to devolve into shitstorm, I thought it was a civil discussion. I really do want to hear other's opinons on these things. My opinion just might be different. *Shrug*

Night dude.

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 06:42 AM
It is defense, probably just a little too good of a defense
The same as how fast otk decks are really good offense.

Slower decks have to shut out the opponent in some way to win in this game, it's just too fast. Look at Bujins, geargia, traptrix, even tellars to some degree. There's only a little player interaction, but that's just how it goes

There is enough kind of defense that is NOT about spamming 5 Solemns and Summon Triggers. Effect Veiler, Menkoto, Yuki (though I think she is kind of OP), any kind of Damage nullifier. All of these cards are balanced and are not just generic "Fuck everything you do" cards. Protecting your monsters, negating mass damage or something like that is ok but negating EVERYTHING with EVERYTHING is just ridiculous.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 06:44 AM
Well, going to bed since it looks like V Jump aint happening yet

Enjoy Hurricane Mofiz #6778....even though there is really nothing to argue here

Butter
15th October 2015, 06:46 AM
Unless it completely destroys a format or something similar, I don't see anything wrong with these kinds of things.
Infinity actually did something negative to the game, but warning and its pals never did. What I want to know is what's wrong with Ariadne? I thought she was pretty balanced.

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 06:54 AM
Unless it completely destroys a format or something similar, I don't see anything wrong with these kinds of things.
Infinity actually did something negative to the game, but warning and its pals never did. What I want to know is what's wrong with Ariadne? I thought she was pretty balanced.

Ehhhhh. Warning and Judgment are limited for a reason. In both formats. Those are just disguting topdecks. They are "No matter what you will summon to counter attack me now. Any Xyz or synchro, I will destroy it with this one card and you won't be able to do anything against ". Ariadne will make people play as many Warnings, Notices and Advices as possible. Now their "cost" that already didn't exist, can't possibly be a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

My opponent once set Solemn Warning, Tellarnova Alpha, Bottomless and Torrential FIRST turn. I couldn't do ANYTHING. You really want to tell me that this is not the most cancerous play ever? Atleast OTK Decks give me a chance to do something. THIS is just a straight "Fuck you, I don't want you to play".

Butter
15th October 2015, 06:58 AM
It is definitely splashable, but not as much as you might think.
Outside of counter fairies it offers you 0 advantage ( pend eff) and unless you're running it in a pendulum deck (Which already don't run too many traps in the first place) there's no way to search it. I would not toss Ariadne into every deck I have because I MIGHT avoid a cost on 4 cards out of my 40 card deck.

Assuming you did mindlessly toss Ariadne into any deck, running three, the optimal number for a card like this, is asking for bricks.

That's what I think of when I'm weighing Ariadne's impact on the game.

clairedestroyer!
15th October 2015, 06:58 AM
You've told that story before. An edge case (and one that several decks can still play through and win) doesn't prove your point that "trap cards are bad".

Butter
15th October 2015, 07:02 AM
Ehhhhh. Warning and Judgment are limited for a reason. In both formats. Those are just disguting topdecks. They are "No matter what you will summon to counter attack me now. Any Xyz or synchro, I will destroy it with this one card and you won't be able to do anything against ". Ariadne will make people play as many Warnings, Notices and Advices as possible. Now their "cost" that already didn't exist, can't possibly be a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

My opponent once set Solemn Warning, Tellarnova Alpha, Bottomless and Torrential FIRST turn. I couldn't do ANYTHING. You really want to tell me that this is not the most cancerous play ever? Atleast OTK Decks give me a chance to do something. THIS is just a straight "Fuck you, I don't want you to play".

Your have to work for your chance to play in this case, I get that it wasn't very easy, or even fun, but the comparison to an otk deck in this case isn't the best. Otk decks give you a chance to play until you get gamed, mostly within the first few turns. You can play stall out.

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 07:06 AM
It is definitely splashable, but not as much as you might think.
Outside of counter fairies it offers you 0 advantage ( pend eff) and unless you're running it in a pendulum deck (Which already don't run too many traps in the first place) there's no way to search it. I would not toss Ariadne into every deck I have because I MIGHT avoid a cost on 4 cards out of my 40 card deck.

Assuming you did mindlessly toss Ariadne into any deck, running three, the optimal number for a card like this, is asking for bricks.

That's what I think of when I'm weighing Ariadne's impact on the game.

I never said that she will impact the game or that she will be splashed in generic Decks, hell most cards are not generic and yet they are not well designed. It DOES provide a cancerous playstyle which is simply why I don't want it to happen. I'm not into playing against Decks that start with 4 face downs and "gl hf" in an sarcastic way.

- - - Updated - - -

You've told that story before. An edge case (and one that several decks can still play through and win) doesn't prove your point that "trap cards are bad".

"Several decks can play through this". Well, guess what. Clowns can play through everything. Why we even have a banlist? If it's so easily "counterable"

- - - Updated - - -

Your have to work for your chance to play in this case, I get that it wasn't very easy, or even fun, but the comparison to an otk deck in this case isn't the best. Otk decks give you a chance to play until you get gamed, mostly within the first few turns. You can play stall out.

Against OTK Decks you have a Deck full of battle enders. I run a lot of defense cards and I sacked many 20000 ATK field opponents by just splashing a Menkoto on the field and going for game next turn. It's definitely easier to counter than several Traps without having massive backrow nuke.

Butter
15th October 2015, 07:12 AM
Even if it may or may not negatively affect the game, if you feel that it doesn't promote player interaction the card is BS?
Usually when somebody really hates cards (so many in your case) it's because they feel that it would destroy the game.

Anyways I respect your opinion, and I get why you dislike just about everything

EBongo
15th October 2015, 07:16 AM
Hopefully Mr Clearly-not-a-zombie-but-whatevs has some secret interaction I haven't thought about. He is decent, but no Unizombie.

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 07:16 AM
Even if it may or may not negatively affect the game, if you feel that it doesn't promote player interaction the card is BS?
Usually when somebody really hates cards (so many in your case) it's because they feel that it would destroy the game.

Anyways I respect your opinion, and I get why you dislike just about everything

Most used Counter Traps are also just plain overpwoered, hence why Solemn Cards are played everywhere in the OCG (even in Clowns). But combined with a playstyle like that, it's just too much. I don't hate on the Pendulum but the Deck itself.

Butter
15th October 2015, 07:24 AM
There's not so many of them, and even then they are reactive and designed to stop a play.

Just look at warning, how can a summon negating be cancerous? It is clearly designed so you don't get steamrolled

ScionStorm
15th October 2015, 07:29 AM
Card #41

What the hell!? Konami is now printing card effects that put words in your opponent's mouth. Controlling the board isn't enough. Solitaire isn't enough. Now they want you to force your opponent into being a ventriloquist dummy.

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 07:32 AM
There's not so many of them, and even then they are reactive and designed to stop a play.

Just look at warning, how can a summon negating be cancerous? It is clearly designed so you don't get steamrolled

Then why not Black Horn of haven? If this card really is just so you dont get "steamrolled " why is it limited? Maybe because it also gets rid of the only summon your opponent has for literally one card and takes away their last Chance to win.if its only about "defense " fiendish chain or anything that switches it to defense works too. If your concern is Decks that Spam from the extra: Black Horn. Its way fairer than " use this against literally everything "

And no, It's not just a few. Now with solemn notice its three more. That's just way too much

clairedestroyer!
15th October 2015, 07:40 AM
Here, I did a fun little experiment:

I calculated the odds you open a 5 card hand, which contains 1 Warning, 1 BTH, 1 TT, 1 Alpha, and 1 Satellar to use for the Alpha assuming you run max copies of all the traps, 13 Satellar (10 of the monsters, 3 ROTA) and 37 cards in deck (3 Upstart).

Wanna know the odds of that "omg i lose" hand?

0.00894706777%

That's roughly 1 in eleven thousand games. That's such a miniscule probability you should probably worry more about getting into a car accident on the way to your game more often. It's such a minor case to get so virulently angry about.

cypher32
15th October 2015, 07:41 AM
What the hell!? Konami is now printing card effects that put words in your opponent's mouth. Controlling the board isn't enough. Solitaire isn't enough. Now they want you to force your opponent into being a ventriloquist dummy.

Hey, at least you have another way to stop Trishula, right...

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 07:42 AM

I calculated the odds you open a 5 card hand, which contains 1 Warning, 1 BTH, 1 TT, 1 Alpha, and 1 Satellar to use for the Alpha assuming you run max copies of all the traps, 13 Satellar (10 of the monsters, 3 ROTA) and 37 cards in deck (3 Upstart).

0.00894706777%

That's roughly 1 in eleven thousand games. That's such a miniscule probability you should probably worry more about getting into a car accident on the way to your game more often. It's such a minor case to get so virulently angry about.
Can I ask how you came to that conclusion?

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 07:43 AM

0.00894706777%

Replace any of bth and tt with another similar cockblocking traps and the odds are way higher. And now add the three New notices

clairedestroyer!
15th October 2015, 07:46 AM
It's a hypergeometric distribution. Very useful when you wanna get into the technicalities of whether one more copy of x is better than y or w/e.

The traps are easy, cuz they're maxed at either 1 or 3. The Satellar lineup assumes 3/3/2/2 of Altair/Deneb/Unuk/Vega respectively, ROTA can be any Satellar, and which one you get doesn't matter for Alpha so any of them are valid. You could say increase that last number by running more Satellars and/or bad ones but the odds don't get significantly better and your deck is prob worse. I don't have the math on hand but it has been proven mathematically that running 3 Upstart Goblin is equivalent to 37 cards in deck, assuming you always play Upstart immediately after drawing it (and why wouldn't you?).

darkgod789
15th October 2015, 07:47 AM
May as well give my opinions of the new cards that were revealed.

Dracoslayers: pendulum monster isn't bad per say but not sure if its worthwhile. Why the hell does the fusion protect pendulum scales? Did they really want to make magispectors THAT MORE annoying to deal with? Its surprisingly good for the fusion, didn't expect anything as good as that thing and it doesn't require poly.

Twin twister: nice spell and trap removal. Would test it in decks that don't care too much about the discard or would love a discard like BA. Thank god they made discard a cost so shadolls or dark worlds couldn't trigger from it.

Earth mirror force: seems interesting in certain decks and can turn monsters into roadblocks that they must get rid of by xyz summoning, tributing and so forth.

Superheavies: jisha q seems interesting and having 2 on the field prevent your opponent from attacking shit. Can also be a one card barkion with trumpter since you are summoning it using the effect. Synchro is pretty neat and could be a nice beatstick.

Liberating ariadne: seems interesting and is a pretty good card. I may make counterfairies again because of this and notice being pretty good. Only problem with this is that it isn't easy to search.

False accusation: not sure what to say about this tbh. Seems kinda interesting but excition knight does seem better although this does lock some things out.

Magispector support: frog is interesting as a 2 of and it can set something from the deck which is interesting. The quickplay is pretty good as well for defensive purposes since it can be used like an honest/kalut just a bit more obvious if your opponent remembered that you set it. I'll try the trap as well as it can recycle stuff.

Pendulum reborn: seems pretty good depending on the deck. You could use it in dynamists possibly.

Illumirage: weird card that affects itself. Not sure if its worth using.

Kindan no Ihon/Forbidden Tome : interesting but its more of a side deck card if you are going to use it.

Dinomists: ptera is a battle searcher at 1800 attack which is pretty good. Powerload does help increase attack of rex to 2700 or ptera to 2100. Also the armades effect is pretty neat. Stegosaur is pretty good at turning your monsters into kamikaze dinosaurs. Plesio weakens the opponents monsters which is pretty good since it also counts your pendulum scales.

Goyo defender: surprisingly they didn't nerf the card that much and there isn't a once per turn restriction so the summoned goyo defender can summon another copy and it is generic.

Dark doriado: kinda interesting but not sure what to think about it. It could be useful in a doriado deck if you ever made it.

Raingoat: ok i guess. Does help protect against burn but i'm not sure about it.

Pendulum storm: card is pretty interesting. Could be a side deck card for non pendulum decks.

Makaishou Aigaion/ Demonic/Magic Sea Castle Aigaion: i'm liking this. It is a threat that the opponent has to deal with unless they like losing cards from their extra deck. Also it can destroy monsters. It is also a quick effect.

Shiranui Style: Reincarnation Formation: card is pretty good at reviving stuff like uni-zombie. Don't forget that psyframe lord omegas are used so it helps meet the empty field requirement.

Unlucky Blast: a weaker ring of destruction that doesn't destroy. Not sure if its worth running

Performapal Guiturtlem trump girl and band hurricane: both are interesting . You can place lizardraw in the other pendulum scale to draw a card from turtle then lizarddraw pops itself to draw another card. Trumpgirl helps with fusion summoning odd-eyes vortex dragon without odd-eyes fusion which is kinda scary. Band hurricane is pretty good at removing things from the field so you only leave your opponent with one monster or 0 monsters.

Nichirin/Nichirin, the Twilight Chunin: not bad i guess but not sure if its worth using.

Shiranui no Mononofu: pretty good beater that also banishes the monster it battles and also triggers chiefpriest. Banish effect is ok.

Hi Speed Relevel: can do some fun stuff with chanbraider. Banish a level 4 to turn chanbraider into a 4k double attack who just has to get stronger.

Kokuin no Chouteisha / Seal Arbiter : weird card that can troll mind crush and prohibition. Second effect is eh.

ScionStorm
15th October 2015, 07:56 AM
Seal Arbiter is a card that lets you literally put words into your opponent's mouth. The game has now evolved to the point where one can't declare a move without fearing that someone will challenge not the action of the move but the declaration.

Mystic TimeKeeper
15th October 2015, 08:02 AM
And I missed all the fun again, why I even sleep is beyond me.

By the way, they really DO want me to build Zombie, aren't they?

Also, The Superheavy are fine, but we REALLY need another searcher (At least Mathematician is at 3 in TCG but Musashi is not enough).

clairedestroyer!
15th October 2015, 08:03 AM
Replace any of bth and tt with another similar cockblocking traps and the odds are way higher. And now add the three New notices

Let's change some assumptions then. We can increase the Satellar count by 1 (let's say you like Unuk enough for 3) and now you want 1 Tellar, 1 Nova, 1 Warning, and 2 of any of the multiple "anti-mofiz" traps (let's give you the benefit of the doubt and assume 1 BTH, 1 TT, 1 BoM, 1 CED, 1 Judgment, 3 Notice, 3 Fiendish. Feel free to tell me any other cards you have vitriol towards).

The probability?

0.43358867% aka once per 230 games. A lot more common, sure, but still infrequent enough that you could easily go a week or more and only have it happen once. As an illustrative example, if you go to a regional or something, do 8 rounds of swiss and manage to get to game 3 in every match that's only 24 games. You'll lose 1 round of one match of one in ten regional swiss events to this hand if you play against satellar and absolutely no other decks.

Mystic TimeKeeper
15th October 2015, 08:04 AM
Probability is a Lie

The true percentual raises in proportion to how much you do not want things to happen.

clairedestroyer!
15th October 2015, 08:08 AM
Superstitious thinking holds people back. The odds are the odds and some days you are just less lucky. That's an immutable part of the game and you should learn to accept it, especially since people tend to undervalue the times it helps them.

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 08:11 AM
Superstitious thinking holds people back. The odds are the odds and some days you are just less lucky. That's an immutable part of the game and you should learn to accept it, especially since people tend to undervalue the times it helps them.
I think he was joking.

clairedestroyer!
15th October 2015, 08:11 AM
Naturally, but a lot of people actually believe stuff like that. It's a documented behavior.

Mystic TimeKeeper
15th October 2015, 08:14 AM

It's not superstiton, as much as your probability is High/Low it's not 0, so actually getting this kind of things in series it something that can happen, and since the brain tends to register bad events more strongly than good ones, the times we got sacked by 4 traps lineup will scar us forever.

So, I was half-joking.

Just for curiosity, how many probability I have to open full monsters in a 40 card deck with 19 monsters?

clairedestroyer!
15th October 2015, 08:17 AM
It's not superstiton, as much as your probability is High/Low it's not 0, so actually getting this kind of things in series it something that can happen, and since the brain tends to register bad events more strongly than good ones, the times we got sacked by 4 traps lineup will scar us forever.

So, I was half-joking.

Just for curiosity, how many probability I have to open full monsters in a 40 card deck with 19 monsters?

I answered mofiz's scenario myself because it was multivariable so online tools wouldn't handle it.

For simple stuff you have http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

(But your answer is 1.8%)

Mystic TimeKeeper
15th October 2015, 08:21 AM
I answered mofiz's scenario myself because it was multivariable so online tools wouldn't handle it.

For simple stuff you have http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

(But your answer is 1.8%)

Thanks for the answer though.

I believe online simuators screw the probability a little, but that may be just me.

Pendulum
15th October 2015, 08:31 AM
I lost so much while I was asleep...

Backrow hate;
Another Mirror Force;
Some help to counter fairy;
More story about Sangan & friends;
More majespecter...;
One versatile Monster Reborn for Pendulums;
More Superheavy Sanurai;
More Goyo;
More Dinomist;
More Dracoslayer;
So many new things...

- - - Updated - - -

That Seal Arbiter is super specific, hum.

clairedestroyer!
15th October 2015, 08:39 AM
The goofiest thing about Seal Arbitor is you could run it in Dark World and if your opponent runs Mind Crush G1 then you prob win.

But the issue with the card in general is even the best cards that declare a specific name are not generally being ran right now. It's one of those cards that'll maybe find a home in some farflung future.

Devocrown
15th October 2015, 08:50 AM
It makes me wonder when Sangan's story is going to end. He's been through so much ;~; #FreeSangan

Pendulum
15th October 2015, 08:59 AM
The goofiest thing about Seal Arbitor is you could run it in Dark World and if your opponent runs Mind Crush G1 then you prob win.

But the issue with the card in general is even the best cards that declare a specific name are not generally being ran right now. It's one of those cards that'll maybe find a home in some farflung future.

Yeah, it's a bit useless now.. Maybe it'll have some big impact in the future, like Bull Blader

It makes me wonder when Sangan's story is going to end. He's been through so much ;~; #FreeSangan

For me, it could stay there. And he could make more friends!
It has been a comical story. The artworks represent them with some good expressions ahah

Pendulum
15th October 2015, 09:02 AM
I would have prefered that Magic Sea Castle to be Rank 9. That way I could use Floaticastle (I like it). I'd really like to use it to summon this other giant... hum... machinery/building. I always thought they were going to make some rank 9 within the theme of Floaticaslte and Giganticastle, but no, Magic Sea Castle is Rank 8.

ScionStorm
15th October 2015, 09:09 AM
Cloudcastle summons a Level 9 monster. Sea Castle, as an Xyz doesn't have levels.

clairedestroyer!
15th October 2015, 09:10 AM
The idea being 2 level 8s are hard to get but if it was Rank 9 Cloudcastle could get you both mats.

Pendulum
15th October 2015, 09:13 AM
Cloudcastle summons a Level 9 monster. Sea Castle, as an Xyz doesn't have levels.

No. I mean, use Cloudcastle (yes, this is the correct name, sorry) to summon another level 9 synchro (like Giganticastle) and overlay them.

- - - Updated - - -

The idea being 2 level 8s are hard to get but if it was Rank 9 Cloudcastle could get you both mats.

What do you mean with "get you both mats"? Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

clairedestroyer!
15th October 2015, 09:14 AM
I.e summoning Cloudcastle would get you two monsters for the Xyz Summon.

Pendulum
15th October 2015, 09:19 AM
I.e summoning Cloudcastle would get you two monsters for the Xyz Summon.

Ah ok, thanks.
And you were replying to ScionStorm, right? I thought it was to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, mats = abbreviation of materials! Sorry, English is not my native language.

clairedestroyer!
15th October 2015, 09:23 AM
Yes. It's alright, I don't expect everyone to understand English, and you spreak pretty well as a second language learner.

ScionStorm
15th October 2015, 09:27 AM
No. I mean, use Cloudcastle (yes, this is the correct name, sorry) to summon another level 9 synchro (like Giganticastle) and overlay them.

Oh, woops. Had a brain fart not realizing that's what you meant.

Pendulum
15th October 2015, 09:30 AM
Yes. It's alright, I don't expect everyone to understand English, and you spreak pretty well as a second language learner.

Thanks!
I learned English at school and I like to play games in English. But sometimes I need to use google translate to check the spelling of a word or two, I confess eheh.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, woops. Had a brain fart not realizing that's what you meant.

No problem. Happens to everyone.

GagagaOrganizer
15th October 2015, 10:14 AM
This card! It's perfect to destroy a set Scale.

A deck like Burning Abyss may find some favorable use in it!

JTSW
15th October 2015, 10:25 AM
Gonna finally say about Illumirage is that "Rising Air Current" or "Burden of The Mighty" can be used with it I guess.

RiverShock
15th October 2015, 10:52 AM
I think someone at Konami R&D REALLY dislikes Towers. Illumirage makes it 0 ATK/DEF. It could well be coincidence, but I have a nagging suion it was deliberate. Also, as an aside, I really love its art.

quincymccoy
15th October 2015, 11:23 AM
Just wanna throw something out there -
With the new Level 3 Wyrm tuner, even more Synchros are possible now with Yang Zing. Add in the fact that Deskbot 7 and 8 finish out a couple more we couldnt make... yeah... I'm really happy about that tuner. FINALLY we don't need to rely upon YZ tuners if you don't wanna waste your paternal in Wyrm-Synchro Decks.

Also, I'm actually very happy with the Dynamist Field Spell... Expected something stupid to partner with the 300 boost (See the other Dracoslayer combo archetypes for reasoning), but they actually went and supported the playstyle of the dynamist instead of helping the Pendulum En-Masse that is the other strategies key win condition.

While I am disappointed at the lack of OCG Premieres in here, there is definitely a ton of decks that benefit from this set! So many amazing cards, and if you didn't think Performapal was good enough already, time for the anime to shove more cards with insane advantage capabilities down our throats!

ScionStorm
15th October 2015, 11:38 AM
Next up is SHIV, we have look forward to

Seasawhopper
Landlord Hermitcrab
Bot-Eyes Lizard
Fireflux
Odd-Eyes Light Phoenix
Odd-Eyes Unicorn
whatever Yuya plays on Sunday.

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 11:46 AM
Y'know, for being called "Dinomist", the guys sure spew a lot of smoke.

Next up is SHIV, we have look forward to

Seasawhopper
Landlord Hermitcrab
Bot-Eyes Lizard
Fireflux
Odd-Eyes Light Phoenix
Odd-Eyes Unicorn
whatever Yuya plays on Sunday.
I'm beginning to think we won't get Seasawhopper or Landlord Hermitcrab. We got Trump Girl, which came after those two.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 12:19 PM
Damnit Claire I just got OUT of a statistic lesson

lodwyvern
15th October 2015, 12:51 PM
Y'know, for being called "Dinomist", the guys sure spew a lot of smoke.

I'm beginning to think we won't get Seasawhopper or Landlord Hermitcrab. We got Trump Girl, which came after those two.

just amending your earlier post, majester paladin can search ariadne as well, albeit much more slowly than wavering eyes

Also, as far as I understand. Illumirage drops towers to 0 since it continuously modifies stats and qlis only have immunity to activated monster effects. Not that towers is a problem in OCG

Dank-O-Sacka
15th October 2015, 01:05 PM
lol @ ariadne, we totally need a solemn/dark horn/divne wrath etc searcher -.-

what a coincidence that its released in the same set as Solemn Notice hmmmm

Torrendous
15th October 2015, 01:53 PM
I like how the Dinomist monsters make a simple Pendulum beatdown deck. It's a refreshing relief from Pendulum Xyz and lolnegate.dek. Although it probably won't last very long since they have Level 5 Machine-types and a Level 4 Dinosaur-type...

lol no dinos

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 02:08 PM
I like how the Dinomist monsters make a simple Pendulum beatdown deck. It's a refreshing relief from Pendulum Xyz and lolnegate.dek. Although it probably won't last very long since they have Level 5 Machine-types and a Level 4 Dinosaur-type...
They don't have a Dinosaur-type.

Torrendous
15th October 2015, 02:29 PM
Pteran is Dinosaur-type isn't it?

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong. Could have sworn it was a Dinosaur on the org post last night/this morning.

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 02:35 PM
So, Illumirage. Just as I thought I was going to drop Wanghu.dek from my main circulation, this card pops up to crap all over Burden of the Mighty and Pumprincess. One question, though; does it really affect all monsters, or just the opponent's, because I've heard it go both ways.

Deadborder
15th October 2015, 02:48 PM

yes

yes you have

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 03:12 PM
Okay, so I'll admit, there's a few cards in this set that intrigue me. Just gotta find room for them, somewhere...

Dank-O-Sacka
15th October 2015, 03:46 PM
i don't know how to feel about this set. especially notice and ariadne. they're really good cards, but on the same time really bad designed imo. Solemn brigade 2.0 that is searchable by a pendulum monster? that's a bit too much lol. besides being not healthy for the game, konami of tcg will make shure that they won't be healthy for our wallets T.T

that aside, i do like the rest of the set. deskbots continue to get support and dino mists are cool too (at least, if infinity stays in ocg land a bit longer)

foofighterff
15th October 2015, 03:57 PM
guys this may be a stupid question but are any of these new leaks from the v-jump (not only bosh leaks) or are the v-jump cards still to come

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 04:17 PM
Let's change some assumptions then. We can increase the Satellar count by 1 (let's say you like Unuk enough for 3) and now you want 1 Tellar, 1 Nova, 1 Warning, and 2 of any of the multiple "anti-mofiz" traps (let's give you the benefit of the doubt and assume 1 BTH, 1 TT, 1 BoM, 1 CED, 1 Judgment, 3 Notice, 3 Fiendish. Feel free to tell me any other cards you have vitriol towards).

The probability?

0.43358867% aka once per 230 games. A lot more common, sure, but still infrequent enough that you could easily go a week or more and only have it happen once. As an illustrative example, if you go to a regional or something, do 8 rounds of swiss and manage to get to game 3 in every match that's only 24 games. You'll lose 1 round of one match of one in ten regional swiss events to this hand if you play against satellar and absolutely no other decks.

I think you misunderstood what I said. Let me rephrase it.
Bottomless, Alpha, Torrential and Warning are not specific cards I'm talking about. Neither is the number 4 of face-downs what I'm talking about. All of the Traps do similar things, some having advantages or being simply better. Also add Vanities to the list. Even having three non Haunted/Oasis Traps, let's say one of them is even more generic than the others like Solemn, Vanities, Nova that can even prevent Monsters being summoned in the first place, you will have a hell of an disadvantage and barely no chance to get through it. Which is what my opponents pretty much starts with 60%.

Your argument that "some Decks can still go through it" is comparing Cancer to bigger Cancer. Biggest Cancer will always hit smaller Cancer, so calling Trap Spam not a problem because it's not a threat to topping Decks would make the banlist completely useless since Clowns would sack even Rulers badly. A Deck that runs about 15-20 "defense" traps, mostly being Tellarknight, Qlis and Burning Abyss pretty much wins BECAUSE they do that. Without the line-up of traps and "disturbing" the opponent by simply killing everything they summon and hope that they don't use resource Decks like Entermages or Infernoid, they would have no place in the meta, not even close. Except for OTK attemps but that's another story. That's pretty much what every Deck does. If you are not good enough on your own, spam Traps and Floodgates to be meta. This bullshit gameplay hit ridiculous levels with Evilswarm and still lives on. That's mostlikely why Tellarknights had the advantage in the World Tournament, even with their RoTA being hit. With every Deck getting hit on their personal broken cards, Tellarknights with their generic Trap Spam and easy Rank4 strategy was the best option. And if you ask why some Decks just don't do the same to top, i can easily answer that those Decks are reliant on using all of their cards to work well, also some of them do spam traps after all.

Indytotof
15th October 2015, 04:27 PM
Goyo Defender is basically a one card Quasar.

> Summon a copy of him with his effect
> Summon another one via the second Goyo
> Summon Phonon Pusle and make it Level 3 via its effect
> Summon a Quasar that can attack trice.

With Blackwings, it's incredibly easy to do. You only need Oroshi, Harmattan and Blizzard. Both are searchable via Whirlwind.

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 04:28 PM
Goyo Defender is basically a one card Quasar.
You only need Oroshi, Harmattan and Blizzard. Both are searchable via Whirlwind.

"One card quasar"

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 05:26 PM
Question: if I have Wanghu on the field, and I summon Illumirage, would it be destroyed by Wanghu's effect automatically, or would its summoning resolve before its continuous effect take effect?

Mystic TimeKeeper
15th October 2015, 05:30 PM
Question: if I have Wanghu on the field, and I summon Illumirage, would it be destroyed by Wanghu's effect automatically, or would its summoning resolve before its continuous effect take effect?

A continuous effect starts to apply as soon as the monster is succesfully summoned, so as long as you summon it the effect will be applied and Wanghu will kill the Chibi thing. Should be the same principle that makes Wanghu work with "Burden of the Mighty"

theraggedyman
15th October 2015, 05:59 PM
So since the whole set has been revealed, what are y'alls thoughts on the it?

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 06:12 PM
So since the whole set has been revealed, what are y'alls thoughts on the it?

My first thought was
HOLY SHIT ALL THAT WHITE CARD
my second was subsequently
HOLY SHIT 1 XYZ? AND IT ISN'T RANK 4?

I honestly never thought I'd see the day where a pack more or less ignored Xyz and give us 8 Synchros

Im disappointed and pleased about Dinoster
On one hand, I was wrong and it wasn't a voltron of the Dinomists
On the other hand, we got an actual Voltron elsewhere and it looks like a fucking Ultramarine Straight from Macragge

Don't like the extra Majespectre stuff

Wish more Speedroid and Clear Wing support was in

...oh and HYPE!!!!!

Cheesedude
15th October 2015, 06:34 PM
So, my random, casual-ass thoughts:

Seal Arbiter is one of my new favorite artworks. Even though I don't see it ever being played much, I love that this effect exists.

Sea Castle is crazy and I never thought we'd seen an effect like that. I want to try that one out in Gimmick Puppets (still probably won't help much, ).

I tried a Ninja deck for the first time in ZEXAL Duel Carnival and really liked how it played. Definitely want to try out Tsukikage's stuff with it.

Goyo Defender actually has its "SS more copies" anime effect. Ironically, its a great boost to Rank 3 Decks, which is pretty neat.

I thought Deskbots were done. Great to see more of them.

Counter Fairy legacy support. I can't even.

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 07:28 PM
A continuous effect starts to apply as soon as the monster is succesfully summoned, so as long as you summon it the effect will be applied and Wanghu will kill the Chibi thing. Should be the same principle that makes Wanghu work with "Burden of the Mighty"

So, to work with Illumirage, By Order of the Emperor is needed for Wanghu.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 08:16 PM
So, to work with Illumirage, By Order of the Emperor is needed for Wanghu.

....or you can just summon Wanghu after Illumirage

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 08:56 PM
....or you can just summon Wanghu after Illumirage

If Illumirage does affect all monsters on the field, that would kill Wanghu by his own effect. No, BOotE is the only way these two will work together nicely, if Illumirage's effect does cover the entire field.

Butter
15th October 2015, 10:01 PM
After I tested the new counter fairies with Ariadne I discovered that deck is still really inconsistent. Not only is it not often that you draw ariadne, it's even less frequent that you get the search effect off.
I tried a few different builds like pendulums and the traditional way of using counter fairies and it's still hard.
Not only is it inconsistent because of it's unsesrchability, but also because there's a lack of multipurpose counters that you want in most situataions. A lot of the good traps are really situational and matchup dependant (like rebound and debunk). Even when I get a nice hand of counters I either depend heavily on Artemis or get overpowered by a fast as hell deck.

So yeah, rest easy Mofiz, it's not that bad.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 10:05 PM
After I tested the new counter fairies with Ariadne I discovered that deck is still really inconsistent. Not only is it not often that you draw ariadne, it's even less frequent that you get the search effect off.
I tried a few different builds like pendulums and the traditional way of using counter fairies and it's still hard.
Not only is it inconsistent because of it's unsesrchability, but also because there's a lack of multipurpose counters that you want in most situataions. A lot of the good traps are really situational and matchup dependant (like rebound and debunk). Even when I get a nice hand of counters I either depend heavily on Artemis or get overpowered by a fast as hell deck.

So yeah, rest easy Mofiz, it's not that bad.

I could have told you that. his issue is with the entire concept of it, he never gave a shit if it would make an impact (if it would have, that'd have pissed him off more)

also, this thing can just be splashed into pendulum decks that have counter-traps they'd like to search (ALL OF THEM) and set it off with Gaze

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 10:12 PM
... is it me, or does Illumirage look like a new Eeveelution to anyone else?

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
15th October 2015, 10:24 PM
Illumirage looks like an Eeveelution. Would have been nice for a generic Wyrm deck if its effect didn't apply to Wyrm monsters.

... is it me, or does Illumirage look like a new Eeveelution to anyone else?

Not just you.

TheRamenNoodle
15th October 2015, 11:07 PM
Wow... this is a lot of stuff to take in...

yshipster
15th October 2015, 11:14 PM
I could have told you that. his issue is with the entire concept of it, he never gave a shit if it would make an impact (if it would have, that'd have pissed him off more)

also, this thing can just be splashed into pendulum decks that have counter-traps they'd like to search (ALL OF THEM) and set it off with Gaze

Another problem is, that they might push this concept even further in the upcoming sets. I really don't want to know what Konami plans with those Counter Traps, but I'm already afraid of it, since they are more generic than every Rank 4 spam deck I could imagine (not on their own, but you can splash them in ANY deck)...

Yuuri
16th October 2015, 03:18 AM
It took you only one post to make lackluster a word I hate.

Well, it is true. Most of the cards revealed are lacking. However, that might be a good thing consider the amount of powercreep going on lately.

I said the exact same thing about this card lol. Was totally going to try him in my Puppte deck I guess I found another Gimmick Pupper player?
I thought I was the only one.

I have been a fan of Gimmick Puppets since their reveal. I am glad I am not alone!

I cannot wait to see how certain decks function upon this pack's release.

Charly Ruri Raptors
16th October 2015, 05:42 AM
V-Jump when?

Indytotof
16th October 2015, 05:43 AM
V-Jump when?

Probably in 4 or 5 hours.

ScionStorm
16th October 2015, 05:58 AM
Probably in 4 or 5 hours.

That's 6 hours longer that I want to wait.

Charly Ruri Raptors
16th October 2015, 06:45 AM
I really need my new DD's, also hoping they spoil a Rum searcher for RR.

Indytotof
16th October 2015, 01:05 PM
It's me or the V Jump leaks take an eternity to see the light ?

Dyson Sphere
16th October 2015, 02:14 PM
I really need my new DD's, also hoping they spoil a Rum searcher for RR.

or how about for anything, not just RRs

yshipster
16th October 2015, 02:34 PM
It's me or the V Jump leaks take an eternity to see the light ?

They come out today, too?

Oh this week will be one of the best Yu-Gi-Oh! weeks since some months. Also V Jump will mostly have Wing Raiders spoilers, won't it? So more non-anime The Phantom Knights and Raidraptors?

Hope in the Interstice
16th October 2015, 02:37 PM
Also V Jump will mostly have Wing Raiders spoilers, won't it?
Will it really? We just got the poster, after all.

yshipster
16th October 2015, 02:39 PM
Will it really? We just got the poster, after all.

What else could the give us now? Wing Raiders releases in a month already, so they might show at least something, I guess...

Indytotof
16th October 2015, 02:41 PM
What else could the give us now? Wing Raiders releases in a month already, so they might show at least something, I guess...

Millenium Pack's cards

Pendulum Dominion's cards

It will most likely be out tomorrow or tonight.

yshipster
16th October 2015, 02:44 PM
Millenium Pack's cards

Pendulum Dominion's cards

It will most likely be out tomorrow or tonight.

Maybe. I have no clue at all, I'm just guessing. New D/Ds would be nice, too.

Indytotof
16th October 2015, 02:47 PM
Also, maybe stuff for the Millenium Box Gold Edition that comes out nex month.

*cross fingers for more Red-Eyes stuff*
*cross fingers for Blue-Eyes stuff*

yshipster
16th October 2015, 03:28 PM

I don't think that they will make more Red-Eyes stuff, just one set per nostalgia archetype (and some promos). Blue-Eyes might not happen before the movie 2016.

Dyson Sphere
16th October 2015, 03:31 PM

*cross fingers for Jinzo stuff*

Dread Kaiser
16th October 2015, 03:37 PM
While I'd like to see that, not getting hopes up

Charly Ruri Raptors
17th October 2015, 12:04 AM
A generic Rum searcher would be nice, they can make it either a generic Rank4 or a lv 4 that when used as xyz material let's you search.

Destiny91
17th October 2015, 12:19 AM
Talking about BOSH...

Brace yourselves, he's coming to break the TCG

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/0/0d/CyberDragonInfinity-BOSH-EN-OP.png/revision/latest?cb=

Mofiz
17th October 2015, 12:20 AM
Talking about BOSH...

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/0/0d/CyberDragonInfinity-BOSH-EN-OP.png/revision/latest?cb=

The only positive thing about it: It could hit the banlist so I don't have to see it EVER AGAIN!

TheRamenNoodle
17th October 2015, 12:20 AM
Talking about BOSH...

Yep. I'm kinda surprised there isn't an article about this already.

Destiny91
17th October 2015, 12:21 AM
The only positive thing about it: It could hit the banlist so I don't have to see it EVER AGAIN!

It'll be around for a while.
At least until Shining Victories comes to the TCG.

Mofiz
17th October 2015, 12:23 AM
It'll be around for a while.
At least until Shining Victories comes to the TCG.

I mostly play online with both OCG/TCG cards anyway, so I have nothing to lose in that regard. In TCG only plays... yeah thanks no.

Drakylon
18th October 2015, 01:24 AM
Great. Not only do we have Traptrix Rafflesia to screw over any summon you manage to pull off, now we have a 2-card combo that can deny you the opportunity to do anything for a turn. And the Solemn cards are now searchable.

Getting Ariadne + Luster Pendulum allows you to search out 1 Counter Trap instantly (probably a Solemn card); this can then be repeated next turn to search 1 more trap using Luster's effect, then you can Pendulum out the two destroyed Ariadnes and Xyz a Rafflesia. Sounds fun for the receiving end. Wavering Eyes plus any other Pendulum Monster can sort of replace Luster in the short run, but you'll need another scale 5+ to re-use Ariadne.

As for the card itself, there's really no counter to Ariadne in the Pendulum Zone aside from banishment from the field (rare, for Spell cards) or returning her to the deck (again, rare). You keep her there, your opponent gets free Counter Traps. You destroy her, your opponent gets a free Counter Trap. Return her to the hand, your opponent will just play her again next turn. And Scale 3 just makes her synergy with other Pendulum monsters much stronger (I'm looking at you, Luster).

There's a reason the Solemn Counter Traps are limited/banned, Konami. You don't need to make them more consistent.

SynjoDeonecros
18th October 2015, 07:59 PM
Can we get confirmation that Illumirage does, indeed, affect all monsters on the field? That seems a bit counterproductive to a 1600 ATK Wyrm Tuner.

Jolan
19th October 2015, 12:10 AM
Can we get confirmation that Illumirage does, indeed, affect all monsters on the field? That seems a bit counterproductive to a 1600 ATK Wyrm Tuner.

Wouldn't it be a 400 atk tuner due to its own effect?

SynjoDeonecros
19th October 2015, 12:47 AM
700 ATK tuner, actually, since it's Level 3.