PDA

View Full Version : Dark Side of Dimensions News

Organization Messenger
15th October 2015, 01:40 PM
15th October 2015 01:39 PM

Dark Side of Dimensions News (http://ygorganization.com/dark-side-of-dimensions-news/)
Just stuff regarding VAs and character designs.

http://i1.wp.com/i.imgur.com/m1YFs8d.jpg?w=605
The voice actors from the DM anime return to reprise their rolls for Honda (Tristan), Bakura, Anzu (Tea) and Jounouchi (Joey)
http://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/4FNYAki.jpg?resize=187%2C332
Mokuba’s new design!
Source: Maxut
The Organization - Ending Misinformation (http://ygorganization.com)

Read on YGOrganization.com (http://ygorganization.com/dark-side-of-dimensions-news/)

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 01:40 PM
What is wrong with their faces?

Torrendous
15th October 2015, 01:47 PM
DSoD Mokuba's face is certainly less punchable than DM Mokuba's.

Zarafkiel
15th October 2015, 01:50 PM
Explainlikeimfive, what's Dark Side of Dimensions?

Or is it the new movie and I'm just dumb

Hope in the Interstice
15th October 2015, 01:51 PM

It is the new movie.

Rygoken
15th October 2015, 01:52 PM

New movie for 20th anniversary

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 01:53 PM
so whos gonna kidnap him this time?

Zarafkiel
15th October 2015, 01:54 PM
Yep, I'm just dumb then.

Alrighty.. Mokuba's look seems oddly familiar.. Can't really pinpoint where

Destiny91
15th October 2015, 02:00 PM
Tea needs an urgent nose reduction surgery.

Other than that, cool designs

IsaiahSweet
15th October 2015, 03:31 PM
Mokuba actually looks like a boy!

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 03:46 PM
Mokuba looks dapper in that suit. Hope he's old enough to get out of that state where the creepy shota fans won't be interested in him and his perpetual kidnappings.

Other than that, the faces look a bit weird, but they look decent, regardless. Still not sure what the hell is up with the D-Gazers on Kaiba's and Yugi's heads; kinda a step down from holograms if they're going into AR duels...

cypher32
15th October 2015, 04:25 PM
so whos gonna kidnap him this time?

I am so inclined to say clowns, but...

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 04:39 PM
What if they put in Xyzs and Pendulums to their decks? Or will they keep it to the type of cards that were available back in the DM era? Can you imagine Yugi and Kaiba stumble with the concept of Xyz and Pendulum summoning?

Indytotof
15th October 2015, 04:43 PM
Why did Mokuba remind me of human Yubel ?

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 04:45 PM
What if they put in Xyzs and Pendulums to their decks? Or will they keep it to the type of cards that were available back in the DM era? Can you imagine Yugi and Kaiba stumble with the concept of Xyz and Pendulum summoning?

Aside from the fact that pendulum would completely defy canon (if they did it how did Yuya do it first?)
Synchro and Xyz are possible though, but unlikely

Doubly so if this really is sticking to manga continuity. Anime!DM had Yugi meeting Yusei and seeing Synchro firsthand, in which case them finding xyz after isn't out of the question

but I'm pretty sure they mentioned it was Manga on the movies announcement

GagagaOrganizer
15th October 2015, 04:51 PM
Mokuba!! His new design is amazing. Looking all aged and in a suit with a haircut! Ahh! I have so much happiness looking at all their designs.

DelCtrl
15th October 2015, 05:30 PM
On the first image, Jounouchi's face actually is the only one I didn't find weird, who would think this day would come?

Zarkiel
15th October 2015, 05:45 PM
Aside from the fact that pendulum would completely defy canon (if they did it how did Yuya do it first?)
Synchro and Xyz are possible though, but unlikely

Doubly so if this really is sticking to manga continuity. Anime!DM had Yugi meeting Yusei and seeing Synchro firsthand, in which case them finding xyz after isn't out of the question

but I'm pretty sure they mentioned it was Manga on the movies announcement

Yeah, but they're using D-gazers and D-pads. If that doesn't scream xyz, then I don't know what does. I think they will utilize newer summoning methods, but still no pendulum.

Plertidoures
15th October 2015, 05:47 PM
Holy shit, tea have an eye on her left face's side!

In fact, Joey and mokuba are the only ones who doesn't have an eye bigger thatn the other or moved.

"My voice gives me superpowers!"

"Shut up mokoba"

Sorry i can't resist.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't call those D gazers honestly....

Doubly so since Kaiba corp doesn't seem to be around in Zexal so its more likely some other company made those

The headpieces could be something plot related, not D Gazers. Don't jump to conclusions

The Disks notably lack the touchscreen the D-pads had (and the ridiculousness of the later ones)
the card slots are also parallel to the arm instead of upright like on pads so its most likely a redesigned disk, honestly not seeing how you'd call it a D-pad.

The disk is also still visibly divided into 2 haves like the battle city one

They "Gazers" notably lack the lenses. Curious as to what the Mic is for. not for communicating with the other headset, nothing on the ears and they never needed that to begin with...

The Redesign was probably for the fact that the Battle city disks in the manga wouldn't actually work well with the IRL game (ever notice that 3 of the S&T zones are basically inaccessible? because they weren't there in the manga, there were only 5 Zones on the manga disk)

Given that ARC V Dropped them (even in the Xyz Dimension), I HIGHLY doubt that a DM era movie will pick them back up...

Cheesedude
15th October 2015, 06:14 PM
They're not confirmed to be D-Gazers, no. But there's quite a few similarities, so nothing is off the table.

On a related note, check out Kaiba's disk here: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/9/9e/YuGiOhTheDarksideofDimensionsPoster.png/revision/latest?cb=20150713031525

Not too dissimilar from Kurosaki's: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/b/b5/Shun's_Duel_Disk.png/revision/latest?cb=20140803203008

The fact that the film is called "Dark Side of Dimensions" does possibly indicate some sort connection with ARC-V's plot (like maybe how the dimensions were split to begin with, I don't expect ARC-V itself to play much of a role but the stories could be interconnected).

As to the new info, I'm glad to see they got all the voice actors to return.

I think the perceived weirdness of the designs is just the result of DM characters essentially being "updated" to use the animation style modern YGO animes use.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 06:24 PM
They're not confirmed to be D-Gazers, no. But there's quite a few similarities, so nothing is off the table.

On a related note, check out Kaiba's disk here: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/9/9e/YuGiOhTheDarksideofDimensionsPoster.png/revision/latest?cb=20150713031525

Not too dissimilar from Kurosaki's: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/b/b5/Shun's_Duel_Disk.png/revision/latest?cb=20140803203008

The fact that the film is called "Dark Side of Dimensions" does possibly indicate some sort connection with ARC-V's plot (like maybe how the dimensions were split to begin with, I don't expect ARC-V itself to play much of a role but the stories could be interconnected).

As to the new info, I'm glad to see they got all the voice actors to return.

I think the perceived weirdness of the designs is just the result of DM characters essentially being "updated" to use the animation style modern YGO animes use.

Hey they linked Bonds Beyond time to 5D's, anything is possible. could be a way to get the DM Main characters involved with ARC V....though I doubt that since they Avoided all mention of Yusei (and Yuma to a much lesser extent) til now

Cheesedude
15th October 2015, 06:36 PM
I'm hoping against DM characters in ARC-V, really. But somehow having this Yugi vs. Kaiba duel cause a dimensional fracture because Seto Fucking Kaiba would be a neat enough explanation for the dimensions in ARC-V.

Doubly interesting if this is supposed to be the manga continuity. EXPLAIN THE TIMELINE PLEASE!

Mofiz
15th October 2015, 06:39 PM
I'm hoping against DM characters in ARC-V, really. But somehow having this Yugi vs. Kaiba duel cause a dimensional fracture because Seto Fucking Kaiba would be a neat enough explanation for the dimensions in ARC-V.

Doubly interesting if this is supposed to be the manga continuity. EXPLAIN THE TIMELINE PLEASE!

Since they already have only a ripoff of 5D's in Arc V, i doubt that they will have DM in it.
5D's is in the same universe as DM (noticable at the movie and the fact that Kaiba Corp still existed in 5D's) so they can't use the same DM in Arc V. Though they could make a rip off of that too but Yugi would pretty much steal the show from anything ever.

Cheesedude
15th October 2015, 06:42 PM
The point though is that a timeline fracture could literally cause anything to happen including say, severing the DM-GX-5D's-Possibly but not confirmed ZEXAL timeline to no longer exist and separate into dimensions.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 08:13 PM
Since they already have only a ripoff of 5D's in Arc V, i doubt that they will have DM in it.
5D's is in the same universe as DM (noticable at the movie and the fact that Kaiba Corp still existed in 5D's) so they can't use the same DM in Arc V. Though they could make a rip off of that too but Yugi would pretty much steal the show from anything ever.

Correction
5D's is in the same timeline as ANIME!DM. Also you forgot Direct reference to the Gods by team Taiyo.
DM anime and manga have different continuity so there is no reason ARC V!Synchro dimension can't be part of the manga instead.

I REALLY do not expect it to happen though, but it could.

they have handled Jack and Crow very well but having the actual protags returning would steal a lot of spotlight.
of course its also possible (and more likely) that the other dimensions were always there to begin with

My impression is whatever the Dimension the movie is referring to could be the Afterlife or wherever the shit Atem is currently residing

ScionStorm
16th October 2015, 06:15 AM
Mokuba looks like he's ready for the 7th Grade Spring Formal.

Tea needs to sue whatever surgeon was in charge of that weird nose job.

Thanako
16th October 2015, 06:22 AM
Design in total looks pretty unappealing. Hope that's just a fluke, though. I have high hopes for this, otherwise. Looks aren't everything.

ScionStorm
16th October 2015, 06:25 AM
I ship Mokuba and Rebecca, btw. I know this might not be anime continuity, but I wish Rebecca showed up anyway.