PDA

View Full Version : Greydle Deck Help

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 11:01 PM
So, Greydles I've heard have been getting people salty for a while, but I've never seen them place in any tournaments, so I'm wondering what's so bad about them. Since they're (mostly) a budget deck, I'm curious to build one and try it out, to see why people hate it so much, but I dunno where to start. Can anyone help me with this? I'm a fan of alien-esque monsters in Yugioh (which is why, even though I don't play them, I like the aesthetics of the Alien monsters), so this seems right up my alley.

Interestingly, when I look on Youtube for deck options, most of the decks I see are mashups with other archetypes, and that's not what I want to build. I want to build pure, first, to see what their strengths and weaknesses are, and see why people hate them so much, before I fiddle with the formula.

http://i.imgur.com/PEk9x8t.png

Updated my deck. Took out the hands and stuff for the Kaijus, gonna see if that works out better.

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 11:20 PM
A nice place to start would be assembling a basic deck to see what everything does and how it interacts with itself and go from there. I can tell you a lot of things but it doesn't mean nearly as much as actually playing it

Most people only remember 1 thing about Greydles
SNATCHSNATCHSNATCHSNATCHSNATCHSNATCHSNATCHSNATCHSN ATCHSNATCH

...and thats pretty accurate, Got a problem? Take it and now its their problem.

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 11:22 PM
Okay. Seems legit, but where do I start? What kind of ratios do I need for a basic Greydle deck?

Dread Kaiser
15th October 2015, 11:28 PM
Now thats where someone better aquainted with the deck should come in. I just used 3 of each and it worked out well enough for me. I wouldn't call it the ideal ratio though

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 11:30 PM
Yeah, from what I'm seeing on Pojo (and I'm not trusting Pojo for this), the ratios of gold are:

2-3 Dragon
1-2 Slime
3 of the other Greydle monsters
3 Impact
1-2 Parasite
3 Split

SynjoDeonecros
16th October 2015, 12:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bw5M4Do.png

So, this is what I've come up with. I'm tempted to do a 50-card Graydle/Kaiju deck, but I want to wait until the Kaiju cards for the set are revealed, before I think about it. What do you guys think?

Dread Kaiser
16th October 2015, 12:32 AM
I wouldn't bother with Mother grizzly, depends on the opponent to go off

and PERSONALLY, I would use Limit Reverse. Revive Cobra or the others as a meatshield or Extra fodder, switch cobra to defense to selfdestruct and get his effect off without needing anything else to blow him up for you. but thats just something I'd do

SynjoDeonecros
16th October 2015, 01:22 AM
I noticed people suggesting that. I might use it instead of Call, need to think about it. Lots of stuff to work on, with this deck, before the cards come out.

SynjoDeonecros
16th October 2015, 03:40 PM
How would I go about making Graydle Kaiju? I've got two of Doragoron and three Kumongous, along with three Waterfront, and I dunno what the new set's going to bring to the table, but I'm not sure what to do with the combination.

Dread Kaiser
16th October 2015, 03:55 PM
While I like Kaiju
What would mixing the 2 give you?

Mystic TimeKeeper
16th October 2015, 03:58 PM
While I like Kaiju
What would mixing the 2 give you?

I can think about 2 things:
1) Gets rid of Target-immune stuff or other problem monsters like negators;
2) Lets you be sure that you have good stuff to snatch.

SynjoDeonecros
16th October 2015, 04:08 PM
Well, Kaiju's main playstyle is to use the monsters you summon to the opponent's field to get rid of problematic monsters through tributing, then stealing them back for beatdown, and Graydile would do that easily, so...

Dread Kaiser
16th October 2015, 04:29 PM
or you could just make it much less complicated and simply steal the problematic monster to begin with, possibly during your opponents turn before they can even make use of it

- - - Updated - - -

I can think about 2 things:
1) Gets rid of Target-immune stuff or other problem monsters like negators;
2) Lets you be sure that you have good stuff to snatch.

Just use Santa Claws for that, not only do you not need a field spell to make use of him, you get a draw at the end of the turn

Akaba Fedoreiji
16th October 2015, 08:43 PM
I feel like Greydles were basically a dud grenade, I think their only real issue is consistency? Perhaps? I mean I know that is a problem common to MANY Decks but it seems that Greydle has everything else covered.

Do you suppose they can be run out of resources too quickly by some Decks? If that is the case, perhaps some forced limitation might be in order?

SynjoDeonecros
16th October 2015, 08:54 PM
I dunno. All I know is that they seem to be a big deck for mash-ups, with everything from Shaddolls to Yang Zings to Kaiju to Gem-Knights.

Akaba Fedoreiji
16th October 2015, 09:01 PM
The nature of the individual cards makes them very useful in that regard. I'm glad Konami choose to do introduce such themes every so often.

SynjoDeonecros
16th October 2015, 09:11 PM
I think I see the hitch people have with the archetype; their Snatch Steal effect only activates if destroyed as monsters by battle or by a specific card type's effect, so say I have Alligator and Eagle on the field, and I destroy both to summon Slime; Eagle will activate its effects (possibly, I'm not sure if it would), but Alligator wouldn't, meaning you've all but wasted Alligator.

SynjoDeonecros
20th October 2015, 03:12 AM
So, what do you guys think? Should I go with pure Graydles, or Graydle/Kaiju? I'll likely get enough Kaiju cards from the next sneak preview to make a decent engine with them, and I do have a single Santa Claws, so what is your opinion?

SynjoDeonecros
31st October 2015, 03:43 PM
Should I put in Water Spirit for added synchro options, or not?

SynjoDeonecros
1st November 2015, 09:29 PM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/4c5e2c90e990516431baec93c8266dfa/tumblr_nx5nka9eDr1ugh0uso1_1280.jpg

I really wish Dueling Network would fix their screen capture option.

Anyway, decided to fix up my deck with what I have on-hand. I know that a second Dragon, third Impact, and one Parasite are essential, but besides that, I'm trying to keep this to what I have on-hand, and not splurge. Suggestions would be awesome.

Dyson Sphere
1st November 2015, 09:42 PM
hmmm you're not using the yang zing engine? and all synchro decks need trishula

SynjoDeonecros
1st November 2015, 09:44 PM
Trishula is way, WAY out of my budget, and frankly, I don't think it's needed or wanted here. And I dunno how to combine this with Yang Zings, so right now, it's just a pure build, to get a feel for the strategy. If anything, I'll combine it later with another budget archetype, like Kaijus or something.

EDIT:

https://40.media.tumblr.com/963b6185eb6bd24dc4b97eb647cd3b93/tumblr_nx5nka9eDr1ugh0uso2_r1_540.jpg

Actually, I'm thinking of doing this for the Graydles, combining them with Hands and throwing in Chicken Game for LP protection so I can ram my Hands and Graydles into the opponent's monsters for no cost and gain their effects. Thoughts?

Dark Ace SP
2nd November 2015, 04:40 AM
Trishula is way, WAY out of my budget, and frankly, I don't think it's needed or wanted here. And I dunno how to combine this with Yang Zings, so right now, it's just a pure build, to get a feel for the strategy. If anything, I'll combine it later with another budget archetype, like Kaijus or something.

EDIT:

https://40.media.tumblr.com/963b6185eb6bd24dc4b97eb647cd3b93/tumblr_nx5nka9eDr1ugh0uso2_r1_540.jpg

Actually, I'm thinking of doing this for the Graydles, combining them with Hands and throwing in Chicken Game for LP protection so I can ram my Hands and Graydles into the opponent's monsters for no cost and gain their effects. Thoughts?

To be honest, the idea doesn't seem bad. I combined the Graydles with Aquaactress. The Graydles were a great disruption engine, and while Aquarium Stage conflicted a bit, Set was useful for the ATK boost, and it was useful to summon back my Graydles for another use. Plus who doesn't like a 5200 ATK Arowana!?

SynjoDeonecros
2nd November 2015, 05:05 PM
Yeah, i can see how Stage conflicted with the Graydles, what with its battle destruction protection. I know people are going to get up in arms over my use of Chicken Game for draw and battle damage protection power, but honestly it's the best option I have, right now, and even if the opponent chooses to let it go for their usage, I'll just be stealing or destroying their monsters, so what's the big deal, right?

SynjoDeonecros
2nd November 2015, 09:27 PM
Though, now that I think about it, can I get away with building it as a 50-card deck? I feel there's not enough recursion in this deck, but I dunno what to dump for it, if anything, and 50 card deck would give me options for that.

Dark Ace SP
5th November 2015, 02:45 AM
Though, now that I think about it, can I get away with building it as a 50-card deck? I feel there's not enough recursion in this deck, but I dunno what to dump for it, if anything, and 50 card deck would give me options for that.

I don't feel like Greydles have enough search for that. I think you could drop the Ice and Fire Hands down to 2 copies each. Also, what's the trap next to the Horn?

SynjoDeonecros
5th November 2015, 02:50 AM
Compulsory and Parasite.

ARKhaven
5th November 2015, 03:13 AM
I might be late on this but, there's a vid on Graydle Kaiju right here with the deck profile near the end:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSY4ufdvHgY

There's also using Magical Hats and using the Aquarium Continuous Spells, so that if the Aquarium spells get punched by something, they trigger and you get to special. And for the video, I would say it would be just to see how the main deck would work on Graydle Kaiju, just swap out the expensive pieces of crapboard for the cheaper ones that you have to use.

Oh and I hope I'm also not late on this, but what about using Salvage and Surface?

SynjoDeonecros
5th November 2015, 06:21 PM
I don't have the money to get all of the Kaiju cards, sadly, so I'm going to stick with my Hand build.

SynjoDeonecros
6th November 2015, 05:14 PM
So, with the prices falling for the cards, I still was not able to get the remaining Graydle cards I needed from my boyfriend's order (had to go with a pair of Painful Decision instead, which I admittedly needed for another deck). As such, I'll have to wait until I get another set of money to get them. For now, though, I have to ask: 1 or 2 Parasite for my deck? I've heard arguments for either, but I want to know what you guys think would be good for my deck. Also, what kind of Synchro/Xyz monsters would be good for my extra deck?

SynjoDeonecros
9th November 2015, 08:35 PM
Managed to snag a second Dragon and a parasite. Dunno if I need more than that.

SynjoDeonecros
13th November 2015, 09:51 PM
Crap, thanks to how they packed Parasite, I wound up bending it up, ruining its value. I may have to get a second one. Then again, they're fairly cheap, and don't I need 2 for my deck, or would 1 suffice?

SynjoDeonecros
22nd November 2015, 07:24 PM
Dark Hole and Torrential Tribute aren't very good in this deck, are they? I mean, even if I get my Graydle's effects from them, there won't be any monsters on the field, normally, afterward for me to steal. Should I replace them or keep them in my deck?

Edit: Found 3 Call of the Haunteds, so I'm going to try a 41 card Kaiju build.

SynjoDeonecros
13th December 2015, 04:30 AM
Updated my deck, this time with Leo and Star Eater and whatnot. Hopefully, it'll work fairly well, now...

Sanokal
13th December 2015, 05:24 AM
One approach that I'm TRYING (emphasis on trying) is smokesiding a Yosenju engine for the Graydle one in Graydle Kaijus. Not sure if it's your cup of tea or not though.

SynjoDeonecros
13th December 2015, 03:43 PM
I got a workable Yosenju deck, thanks, and I don't want to taint it with cross-contamination. Besides, from what I've studied of the tournament-placing decks, they all stick with Graydle Kaiju, so that's what I'm going with.

imjusthereformfunsmh
14th December 2015, 11:07 PM
Hello! I have been messing with grayju and pure graydles for awhile now. Do you mind uploading an updated version so i can see what you have so far? :)

SynjoDeonecros
14th December 2015, 11:21 PM
Hello! I have been messing with grayju and pure graydles for awhile now. Do you mind uploading an updated version so i can see what you have so far? :)

Yeah, here you go. I revamped it based on a tournament-placing deck I found on Youtube, using as many cards as I can get, and replacements when I didn't have them. The original had stuff like Magic Planter and Upstart Goblin and the like. I can't afford those cards, so yeah. Completely forgot that I could make Star Eater with my Graydles, so I added that in.

imjusthereformfunsmh
15th December 2015, 02:43 AM

Yeah, here you go. I revamped it based on a tournament-placing deck I found on Youtube, using as many cards as I can get, and replacements when I didn't have them. The original had stuff like Magic Planter and Upstart Goblin and the like. I can't afford those cards, so yeah. Completely forgot that I could make Star Eater with my Graydles, so I added that in.

For some reason I can't see it -_- :(

Sanokal
15th December 2015, 03:10 AM
I got a workable Yosenju deck, thanks, and I don't want to taint it with cross-contamination. Besides, from what I've studied of the tournament-placing decks, they all stick with Graydle Kaiju, so that's what I'm going with.

Fair enough. I just heard that Yosenju was good in the mirror match is all, but it is of course your decision.
And yeah, imger, however the hell one spells it, is being funny.

SynjoDeonecros
15th December 2015, 03:14 AM
Oh, goddamnit, it's still not working? Ugh...

http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=103809

Well, that's the deck I based my revamp on, so maybe that'll help you out.

imjusthereformfunsmh
15th December 2015, 06:51 AM
Oh, goddamnit, it's still not working? Ugh...

http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=103809

Well, that's the deck I based my revamp on, so maybe that'll help you out.

So, say you did not change that deck at all and you simply copy pasted it - The Graydle numbers are correct but it depends on preference. It depends if you want a trap or spell centric greydle build. Many run only 1 cobra and 1-2 parasite instead of a playset. That is an interesting choice as I have found that while it can stop attacks, it can also end up with you just getting hit for game or an effect etc. If you say bumped cobra to 1 and parasite to 2 that could help. The Kaiju numbers are all good but it comes down to preference again. I personally run 3 gamaciel (with the rest of the ratio the same) as i love the card. Magic Planter is a good idea with cobra. but if you bump him down, chances are you will not use him as much so you can reduce planter and call down one as well. I use owners seal at two with remove at 2 as well. as remove can be a dead draw at times. I don't know what else you want though (i can always post more) I was surprised the extra did not include Clear-wing or either black rose - clear-wing especially if they end up with a kaiju and you don't have one. I have also experimented with using Michael - to mill cards such as slime and to use it with COH. I hope it helped and i can help more if you need it! Sorry it was so long

SynjoDeonecros
15th December 2015, 04:13 PM
So, say you did not change that deck at all and you simply copy pasted it - The Graydle numbers are correct but it depends on preference. It depends if you want a trap or spell centric greydle build. Many run only 1 cobra and 1-2 parasite instead of a playset. That is an interesting choice as I have found that while it can stop attacks, it can also end up with you just getting hit for game or an effect etc. If you say bumped cobra to 1 and parasite to 2 that could help. The Kaiju numbers are all good but it comes down to preference again. I personally run 3 gamaciel (with the rest of the ratio the same) as i love the card. Magic Planter is a good idea with cobra. but if you bump him down, chances are you will not use him as much so you can reduce planter and call down one as well. I use owners seal at two with remove at 2 as well. as remove can be a dead draw at times. I don't know what else you want though (i can always post more) I was surprised the extra did not include Clear-wing or either black rose - clear-wing especially if they end up with a kaiju and you don't have one. I have also experimented with using Michael - to mill cards such as slime and to use it with COH. I hope it helped and i can help more if you need it! Sorry it was so long

This is the deck I based it on, it's not my deck; I don't have the cards that that deck has (like Upstart Goblin or Magic Planter), so I had to improvise.

imjusthereformfunsmh
15th December 2015, 10:07 PM
I Know but i was making suggestions as if you had all the cards from that deck

SynjoDeonecros
15th December 2015, 10:54 PM
Clear-Wing and Black Rose I suspect aren't in because, at level 7, they can't be summoned through Synchroing with Slime and a level 3 Graydle.

imjusthereformfunsmh
16th December 2015, 02:23 AM
- I use water spirit and legendary ocean sometimes for fun - though do consider the spell or trap based approach for greydles as that is the firsts step towards this decks design (could also severely cut cost as well)

SynjoDeonecros
16th December 2015, 02:28 AM
I thought about adding Water Spirit, myself, but I decided against it, honestly.

imjusthereformfunsmh
16th December 2015, 09:16 AM
I thought about adding Water Spirit, myself, but I decided against it, honestly.

In the end it makes it more inconsistent. I am working on an infernoid-psyframe and psyframe-kaiju build but am afraid to post it

Sanokal
16th December 2015, 09:17 AM
In the end it makes it more inconsistent. I am working on an infernoid-psyframe and psyframe-kaiju build but am afraid to post it

Don't be afraid, mate. (To be honest, if anyone was going to be harsh, they're currently stewing, sadly.)

SynjoDeonecros
17th December 2015, 06:31 PM
It'd probably make things inconsistent, but what do people think of adding Relinquished to this deck? Has a similar stealing effect, and it deals damage to the opponent through suicide ramming, so that's a plus.

SynjoDeonecros
17th December 2015, 10:58 PM
Actually, I just looked on Pojo, and they are talking about the possibility of Relinquished Kaiju with Pre-Preparation of Rites. I'll have to re-read the card to see how it'll work, but that could be a thing. For now, though, I'll stick with the Graydle build.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd December 2015, 08:41 PM
Someone suggested Supply Squad as a replacement to the more expensive Upstart Goblin. What do you guys think?

Sanokal
22nd December 2015, 09:51 PM
Someone suggested Supply Squad as a replacement to the more expensive Upstart Goblin. What do you guys think?

Actually, that's not a bad idea given the Graydle playstyle.

Jolan
23rd December 2015, 08:57 AM
I've always ran that, it's good cause it's OPT but you can trigger it during either player's turn. With Greydles being able to be destroyed during your turn too, it's great.

SynjoDeonecros
3rd January 2016, 12:31 AM
2 each of the existing Kaiju
3 each of Cobra, Alligator, and Eagle
1 Slime
3 Supply Squad
2 Waterfront
1 Terraforming
3 Impact
2 Breakthrough Skill
2 Parasite
3 Split
1 Vanity's
1 Solemn Warning
1 Time-Space Trap Hole
1 Grand Horn of Heaven
1 CED
1 BTH

2 Graydle Dragon
1 Star Eater
1 Stardust
1 Stardust Spark
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Hot Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Crimson Blader
1 Black Ray Lancer
1 Giga-Brilliant
1 Fortune Tune
1 Zenmaines
1 Tri-Edge Levia
1 Nightmare Shark
1 Acid Golem

Okay, since the picture option for DN is on the fritz, again, I've gotta do this. What so you think I can do with the new Kaiju support?

Sanokal
3rd January 2016, 12:35 AM
It's a rare situation, but you can use Interrupted Kaiju Slumber to pop your own Alligator and then nick anything that your opponent has that was destruction immune, unless that misses the timing?

LolsterXD97
3rd January 2016, 12:50 AM
It's a rare situation, but you can use Interrupted Kaiju Slumber to pop your own Alligator and then nick anything that your opponent has that was destruction immune, unless that misses the timing?

Nope, it doesn't miss timing since it says "If".

SynjoDeonecros
3rd January 2016, 09:28 PM
I'm thinking of replacing Breakthrough with the new spell card, but dunno what to do with the new monsters. Anyone have a suggestion on that?

Sanokal
3rd January 2016, 10:28 PM
I'm thinking of replacing Breakthrough with the new spell card, but dunno what to do with the new monsters. Anyone have a suggestion on that?

You could probably cut, say, Kumoungous down to one (I assume that you still want to use him, correct me if I'm wrong) for one Gardarla (assuming that you want to use him), but Jizukiru seems to me to be either a 2 or a three of. If you don't mind losing a Greydle monster, you could probably cut a Cobra if that doesn't interfere with your strategy too much.

SynjoDeonecros
4th January 2016, 05:29 PM
I've seen people drop Cobra entirely and cut Split down to 1, but I'm not willing to go that far. Maybe cutting a Cobra and a Split for 2 Jizukiru would do.

Sanokal
4th January 2016, 05:33 PM
I've seen people drop Cobra entirely and cut Split down to 1, but I'm not willing to go that far. Maybe cutting a Cobra and a Split for 2 Jizukiru would do.

I would imagine that Cobra's effective depends on the proportion of people locally who use destruction traps as well, right?

SynjoDeonecros
6th January 2016, 05:23 PM
I'm thinking of dropping a Cobra for the moth, a Dogoron and a Kumongous for the machine, and the Breakthrough Skills for the spell. What do you guys think?

Sanokal
6th January 2016, 06:18 PM
I'm thinking of dropping a Cobra for the moth, a Dogoron and a Kumongous for the machine, and the Breakthrough Skills for the spell. What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me.

SynjoDeonecros
6th January 2016, 09:04 PM
Eep, not a Cobra, a Radian. So Radian, Dogoran, and Kumongous for the moth and the machine, and the Breakthrough Skills for the spell.

Sanokal
6th January 2016, 10:29 PM
Yeah, you can probably get away with 2-1 of certain Kaiju given the search power that they'll have.

SynjoDeonecros
8th January 2016, 08:45 PM
Okay, so here's what I have, right now:

Monsters:
Graydle Eagle x3
Graydle Alligator x3
Graydle Cobra x2
Graydle Slime x1
Gamaciel x3
Dogoron x2
Gadaria x2
Jizukiru x2
Kumongous x1
Radian x1

Spells:
Graydle Impact x3
Kyotou Waterfront x2
Chicken Game x2
Terraforming x1
Interrupted Kaiju Slumber x2

Traps:
Graydle Split x1
Graydle Parasite x2
Kaiju Capture Mission x2
Grand Horn of Heaven x1
Time-Space Trap Hole x1
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Compulsory Evacuation Device x1
Solemn Warning x1

Extra:
Crimson Blader x1
Hot Red Dragon Archfiend x1
Stardust Dragon x1
Stardust Spark Dragon x1
Graydle Dragon x2
Scrap Dragon x1
Star Eater x1
Black Ray Lancer x1
Giga-Brilliant x1
Acid Golem of Destruction x1
Nightmare Shark x1
Fortune Tune x1
Tri-Edge Levia x1
Wind-Up Zenmaines x1

I dunno how well this'll work, but I'm hopeful. Wish me luck.

Sanokal
8th January 2016, 08:49 PM
Okay, so here's what I have, right now:

Monsters:
Graydle Eagle x3
Graydle Alligator x3
Graydle Cobra x2
Graydle Slime x1
Gamaciel x3
Dogoron x2
Gadaria x2
Jizukiru x2
Kumongous x1
Radian x1

Spells:
Graydle Impact x3
Kyotou Waterfront x2
Chicken Game x2
Terraforming x1
Interrupted Kaiju Slumber x2

Traps:
Graydle Split x1
Graydle Parasite x2
Kaiju Capture Mission x2
Grand Horn of Heaven x1
Time-Space Trap Hole x1
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Solemn Warning x1

Extra:
Crimson Blader x1
Stardust Dragon x1
Stardust Spark Dragon x1
Graydle Dragon x2
Scrap Dragon x1
Star Eater x1
Black Ray Lancer x1
Giga-Brilliant x1
Nightmare Shark x1
Fortune Tune x1
Tri-Edge Levia x1
Wind-Up Zenmaines x1

I dunno how well this'll work, but I'm hopeful. Wish me luck.

That looks really good! Good luck!

SynjoDeonecros
16th January 2016, 09:53 PM
My boyfriend got a third Jizukiru in one of his packs, so I'm wondering if I should bump it up to 3 in my deck, and if so, if I should take out one of the Slumbers.

Sanokal
16th January 2016, 11:17 PM
I'm not sure. One Jizukiru is damn hard to get rid of as it is, but if you find that your opponent destroys him easily then you might want to bump him up to three.

SynjoDeonecros
31st January 2016, 04:18 AM
I decided to drop a Moth and Kumongous for a third Jizukiru and Slumber. Hopefully, things'll go well, from there.

SynjoDeonecros
1st February 2016, 06:35 PM
Monsters:
Graydle Eagle x3
Graydle Alligator x3
Graydle Cobra x2
Graydle Slime x2
Gamaciel x3
Dogoron x1
Gadaria x1
Jizukiru x2
Kumongous x1
Radian x2

Spells:
Graydle Impact x3
Kyotou Waterfront x2
Summon Breaker x2
Terraforming x1
Interrupted Kaiju Slumber x3

Traps:
Graydle Split x2
Graydle Parasite x2
Kaiju Capture Mission x2
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Solemn Warning x1

Extra:
Crimson Blader x1
Stardust Dragon x1
Stardust Spark Dragon x1
Graydle Dragon x2
Scrap Dragon x1
Star Eater x1
Black Ray Lancer x1
Giga-Brilliant x1
Nightmare Shark x1
Fortune Tune x1
Tri-Edge Levia x1
Wind-Up Zenmaines x1

Revamped the ratios of my Kaijus, and replaced Chicken game with Summon Breaker. Dunno if the latter will work, but it was in a Kaiju/Yosenju/Graydle build, so I thought I should try it.

Sanokal
1st February 2016, 11:07 PM
Monster ratio looks fine to me.

SynjoDeonecros
21st February 2016, 10:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UCwPiQJ.png

Since I found a pair of Remove Brainwashing, and I foolishly bought a pair of Owner's Seal that I can't return, now, I figured I'd put them to use in this deck. What do you guys think?

Sanokal
21st February 2016, 11:01 PM
I wonder, does one need them with all the Graydle monsters? Then again you don't have to take a 1500+ hit to grab your Kaiju back.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd February 2016, 01:17 AM
Well, the decks I've seen use at least Remove Brainwashing, so... As such, since I have 2 (I've seen decks run as many as 3 and as little as 1), I wonder if I should just shunt the Owner's Seals off to my Sphinx deck to make use of them with the Jizukiru I have in it...

Sanokal
22nd February 2016, 02:03 AM
Well, the decks I've seen use at least Remove Brainwashing, so... As such, since I have 2 (I've seen decks run as many as 3 and as little as 1), I wonder if I should just shunt the Owner's Seals off to my Sphinx deck to make use of them with the Jizukiru I have in it...

I'd go with Owner's Seal over Brainwashing since it's faster, but I suppose whether you want the surprise factor for Brainwashing is up to you.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd February 2016, 02:14 AM
Well, Owner's Seal only gets your Kaijus back for that turn, whereas Brainwashing lasts for as long as it's face-up on the field. I think that's why Brainwashing is preferred over Owner's.

Sanokal
22nd February 2016, 06:49 AM
Well, Owner's Seal only gets your Kaijus back for that turn, whereas Brainwashing lasts for as long as it's face-up on the field. I think that's why Brainwashing is preferred over Owner's.

It does? I didn't realize that, whoops.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd February 2016, 07:43 PM
Yeah. I don't need that, though, with my Sphinx deck, since I'm using a very small Kaiju engine focusing around Jizukiru, but since I'm using a bunch of Kaiju in this deck, I need the lasting effect. So yeah, I think I'll stick with Remove Brainwashing in this deck, and put Owner's Seal in the Sphinx deck.

SynjoDeonecros
16th March 2016, 10:33 PM
Ugh, some people on DN... I posted this deck up, they insisted I play Skill Drain, I told them no because it's not used in most of the tournament versions I've seen win regionals, and they tell me I'm "netdecking" and I shouldn't listen to tournament players because they're "cheating scrubs". Like, what? Tell me this is a joke, people...

Sanokal
18th March 2016, 07:27 AM
Well, one could argue that he isn't entirely wrong but he's still mostly wrong. (About the competitors cheating, a fair few have)

clairedestroyer!
18th March 2016, 08:10 AM
It does? I didn't realize that, whoops.

No it doesn't, or it would say "until the End Phase/the end of this turn/the rest of this turn/etc" like literally every other spell card with an effect that lasts for one turn. If there's any reason to prefer Brainwashing to Seal it's because it makes the Kaiju element comparitively better (but Greydles much much worse).

For reference, the DN thread mentioned was Synjo being factually wrong about that ruling, and still being given helpful adivce. Skill Drain is good in the deck! It let's you control 2 Kaiju and multiple decks atm are hurt badly by it (like Monarch and to a lesser extent Kozmo). The rebuttal was "other people don't use that". Netdecker or not, competitive or not, cheater or not, you need to actually justify your choices. "Other people don't use it" does not mean it is incorrect. Other people can be wrong. The meta shifts and evolves as people realize everyone around them is wrong and develops new card choices ("tech"), and then other people countering that over and over. Why decide to stagnate when you can be the one innovating?

SynjoDeonecros
18th March 2016, 03:42 PM
Don't you start. I've done my research, and no one uses it competitively in a Graydle Kaiju deck, so I'm not going to use it, either. That is that. I only have 1 skill drain, and if that gets destroyed, that's it, and it also screws with any monsters I steal or any Synchros I bring out. No thanks. If the top tournament decks don't need it, I don't need it either, and that's final. Don't pester me about it any more, or I'll report you for harassment.

Also, do you know what I really hate? When people tell me to "be innovative", and then basically bitch at me for not doing exactly what they tell me to do. How can I "be innovative" or "have my own style" if I'm listening to you? Just sounds like you want me to conform to your deck ideas and not rely on myself. So screw you guys.

Also, I've played with King of the Beast decks before, and the effect with them is similar to the effect of the Kaiju, meaning if I have Skill Drain on the field, and I want to summon a second Kaiju on my field, I can't, because Skill Drain won't negate that conditional effect of the Kaiju in my hand; basically, the kaiju in my hand prevents me from summoning itself if there's already a Kaiju on the field. That's how I was told King of the Beasts work, and I have no reason to doubt that's how Kaijus work, too, so I don't see the whole "you can have multiple Kaiju on the field at the same time" thing is coming from.

SynjoDeonecros
18th March 2016, 08:54 PM
Anyway, if that's all taken care of, I bought a pair of gold rare Remove Brainwashing, because I'm a sucker for foil versions of cards. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to do with this deck.

Sanokal
18th March 2016, 11:40 PM
Oh goddammt...I mean, you're right, but did you have to be so biting to claire? (S)he's just trying to help, and maybe I didn't read it properly, but it didn't sound like she was suggesting innovation and actually telling you to use Skill Drain, just suggesting it. Even though it was wrong.
Enlighten me again (it's been a while and I'm too lazy to read the page history); what's the primary problems that you're facing?

SynjoDeonecros
19th March 2016, 12:13 AM
Well, I'm not sure, since I haven't really playtested the deck, yet. But honestly, i don't think Skill Drain is useful in here, or anywhere where you can't take full advantage of it, like in a deck built around it or a Normal Monster deck. I mean, despite what people think, most of the people who rank in Regionals DO deserve it, and they have to have made good choices with deck filler to get where they were; the last pure Kaiju/Graydle deck I saw that topped a Regional only had Skill Drain in the side deck, and a more recent Yosenju/Kaiju deck that shift-sided into Graydle/Kaiju didn't have Skill Drain in, at ALL. It's not like I don't do research on this stuff before I start modifying my deck or asking for advice, and even though I'm stuck in a Yugioh dead zone, so I can't exactly test out my decks vs. a real human being, I DO live about an hour away from a city that DOES hold Regional tournaments and gaming conventions, so studying what the tournament players in such events use IS a good way of gauging the meta for the day.

I'm just sick of people continuing to push their opinions on me, like I MUST do them or else I suck as a duelist, even after I explicitly said no to it, stated my thoughts on it, and put an end to the conversation. It makes me feel like I'm not being listened to and my decisions as the one asking for deck help doesn't matter. It's even more infuriating when people tell me to "innovate" or "play my own style" while pushing their agenda on me, because then you're not really giving me a choice to do that, are you?

Sanokal
19th March 2016, 03:12 AM
I do agree; Skill Drain doesn't work (since like you said, doesn't negate Kaiju cons).

SynjoDeonecros
19th March 2016, 04:02 AM
Yeah. To make it clearer, if my frustrated ramblings were hard to follow, here's how I was told it worked with King of the Beasts' "you can only control 1 copy of this card on the field" effect, which I'm assuming also applies to the Kaiju: that effect applies everywhere, so if you have a copy on your side of the field, and a copy in your hand, you can't summon the copy in your hand, because its limitation prevents it from being summoned while there's another copy of itself on the field. I just checked the wiki, and it confirms it: it's a condition that, while it can be negated, is still active in the hand, deck, graveyard, and banished zone, so you can't summon it from any of those places if you already control another. The only way you can get away with it, from what I understand, is if you have both Skill Drain and Remove Brainwashing on the field, summon a Kaiju on both sides of the field, let Remove Brainwashing return the Kaiju you summoned to the opponent's field to your control, and then keep on Special Summoning Kaijus to the opponent's (now Kaiju-less) side of the field, letting the condition be negated before swapping over, but that's needlessly convoluted and screwey.

Sanokal
19th March 2016, 09:23 AM
That sounds about right, yeah. If I remember correctly the new one blows up if you try and snag it normally.

SynjoDeonecros
19th March 2016, 03:34 PM
Oh, my god, they're still pushing things! Are they that insistent that their opinions are right, that they have to keep pestering me until I break down? My god, why don't these people get a clue and a life, for god's sake?

Seriously, they still insist that tournament players are all cheaters, even going so far as to claim the Prague winner was a blatant cheater. How can they be so sure of this? They also disregarded my explanation for why their statement that "You can get multiple Kaiju with Skill Drain out" is bunk, so there you go. So, yeah, glad this site's back up, because it's contributors are a lot more level-headed, less biased, and more reasonable than them...

Sanokal
19th March 2016, 05:43 PM
There's a number that have cheated at some point (I can't remember whether said cheaters claimed that everyone did or that they couldn't win without cheating), but it's hardly all.

SynjoDeonecros
19th March 2016, 05:53 PM
Yeah. It's just screwing with my head, because Pojo bitches at me for NOT following Tournament-winning deck strategies, and DN is bitching at me for following tournament-winning deck strategies. It's like, there's no happy medium with this, anymore.

Sanokal
19th March 2016, 06:05 PM
DN has never had a fantastic community sadly.

SynjoDeonecros
19th March 2016, 11:21 PM
Yeah. I don't even duel on there, I only use their deck-building feature to store and show any decks I make.

SynjoDeonecros
28th March 2016, 03:33 AM
Anyway, now that I got the foil versions of Remove Brainwashing, I'm not sure what to do with the common versions, beyond selling them. What do you guys think?

Hope in the Interstice
28th March 2016, 04:09 AM
Anyway, now that I got the foil versions of Remove Brainwashing, I'm not sure what to do with the common versions, beyond selling them. What do you guys think?
Use them to make a hat. Make copies of these hats and then use evil magic to corrupt them and then brainwash the masses to watch Code Lyoko. Then get the crap beaten out of you by three teens in incredibly revealing/tight clothing.

SynjoDeonecros
30th March 2016, 01:12 AM
...I see. Eh, maybe not; I wasn't a fan of Code Lyoko, myself...

SynjoDeonecros
2nd April 2016, 05:32 PM
I pulled a third gold rare Remove Brainwashing, so I'm removing Quaking Mirror Force from my deck to add it and a third Graydle Parasite into the deck. Dunno how it'll affect things, but eh *shrugs*

SynjoDeonecros
1st May 2016, 08:06 PM
Dropped a Remove Brainwashing to put in two Owner's Seal. Also got two Thunder King Kaiju and two The Kaiju Files, so I'm replacing my Radians, Dogoran, and an Interrupted Kaiju Slumber with them. Still thinking of splitting the Kaiju and Graydle aspects of the deck into their own decks, but don't have the cards for that, yet...

SynjoDeonecros
29th May 2016, 09:07 PM
Should I try to replace my Gandaria and Kumongous with something else, or no? Right now, I have 2 Jizukiru, 2 Thunder King Kaiju, and 3 Gameciel, but not sure if that'll be enough...

Sanokal
30th May 2016, 12:33 AM
If they aren't working for you then you can take them out, though Gardala's effect is quite handy. Are you still running Dogaran?

SynjoDeonecros
30th May 2016, 12:34 AM
No, I'm not; I took it and Radian out for Thunder King Kaiju.

I kinda wish there was a deck discussion thread available for this kind of deck. I know it's kind of popular to throw in Kaijust in every deck as filler or side deck material, but I dunno what the right ratios for a pure Kaiju or Kaiju/Graydle deck would be.

Sanokal
30th May 2016, 02:29 AM
Yeah, sadly I'm not the right one to ask for proper ratios since I try and include one of every Kaiju at least in my deck. And the only lists that I've read were all pre SHVI.
It definitely would be nice to have more Deck discussion threads in general. Maybe it's something for the community to look into as a whole, since the main trend is for the admins to start them at present.

SynjoDeonecros
30th May 2016, 05:36 PM
Yeah. I would make a few for Yosenju and Normal Pendulums, but I'm too much of a casual scrub to be able to assess the viability of cards in the current tournament meta...

SynjoDeonecros
8th June 2016, 04:15 PM
So, with the announcement of Graydle Slime Jr., should I just split up my Graydle Kaiju deck into separate decks, or keep it as-is, and just add in the new tuner? Also, should I put in Sea Dragon Lord Gilshinodon into the Extra Deck?

DelCtrl
8th June 2016, 05:46 PM
I personally think you can slit them, but I guess it depends on how much you need Kaijus on this deck. And I like Sea Dragon Lord Gilshinodon, but we may also get a new Greydle Synchro together with Jr.

SynjoDeonecros
8th June 2016, 06:11 PM
I haven't playtested it, so I dunno how essential the Kaijus are in it. And I'm hoping for a new Graydle Synchro to go with Jr.