PDA

View Full Version : Deskbot Dinomist Synchro

Drakylon
15th October 2015, 11:59 PM
Ever since I saw Deskbot 001, I've wanted to make a deck revolving around Synchro by abusing its effect in the Graveyard alongside the recyclable Pendulum monsters. Combine them with Dinomists, and out comes a completely recyclable Synchro engine as long as you have the right scales.

Admittedly, a deck using Deskbot 005 and 006 as the two Machines to Special Summon for 001's effect might be better, since they can be searched out with 003 and 002, but I don't like their restrictive Pendulum Effects.

http://i.imgur.com/iz0YOIZ.png

The rest of the deck focuses on searching scales to get the Dinomists on the board, dumping Deskbot 001 into the Graveyard and searching out the Dinomist monsters themselves. Unfortunately, doing all that is pretty slow unless under ideal circumstances, and the deck doesn't really leave much room for defensive countermeasures.

Running all 9 Dinomist monsters is pretty much a must to get any chance of drawing into them. They're all also pretty strong as well, able to Special Summon themselves from your hand under certain circumstances. Dinomist Charge searches out a Dinomist monster on activation, and can also recycle them from the field to your hand in case your scales get nuked. Dinomist Rush does the same, but sends it out to the Extra Deck. The Magician engine is ideal for searching out scales; Peasant Dragon Magician and Dragonpulse Magician are able to summon almost any monster in this deck. Eccentrick is an alternative for the high scale, and can clear harmful cards from the field.

Deskbot 003 searches out Deskbot 001 for an instant Synchro into either Armory Arm or Herald of the Arc Light, dumping Deskbot 001 into the Graveyard on the side. Cosmic Compass provides an alternate way to Special Summon 001 from the Grave provided the enemy is playing some sort of swarm deck, and even allows 001 to deal considerable damage with its boosted ATK. Machine Duplication offers the same, and can also search out more Machines and 001s for a potential OTK. The other cards are generic Machine support; Limiter Removal is particularly powerful alongside 001.

The normal combo (Pendulum 2 Dinomists, SS 001, Synchro) can Synchro out level 6 and level 11 monsters. As such, the Extra Deck holds mostly level 6s. Metaphys Horus is the strongest choice of the bunch, as it makes your opponent give you one of their monsters, effectively a +2. Dewloren is possible since Dinomists are WATER, and can bounce your scales should you need the option. Red Wyvern and HTS are there are as field control options. Star Eater is the only level 11 Synchro in the game, and is mighty powerful. I chose to include Stardust Spark and Black Rose Dragons for their effects since they are technically possible to summon (Dinomist + 001 + Cosmic Compass/Token(s), or 001 + Level 6/7 Synchro). Tatsunoko is there in case my hand is clogged, since a simple Compass + Tokens + 001 can summon it. Formula Synchron just adds possibilities, and is easy to summon (Compass + 001).

The two Xyz monsters are there as support, though honestly Infinity can probably run the show on its own. Overlaying two Dinomist monsters into Nova -> Infinity just makes the enemy cry, though there are cases where Synchroing out Horus is better. Chimeratech Fortress Dragon is honestly a filler in case I'm facing someone else who uses Machines.

Deskbot 005 acts as a pseudo-MST when summoned, and can be reused as many times as needed. It also adds another Pendulum Summon target in case you don't have enough Dinomists.

However, this deck seems a bit lacking in search and draw power, even with the Magicians engine. Searching out enough Dinomists is a particularly annoying problem, since you're either hoping to draw into one or Charge. There's also the high possibility of dead hands. Suggestions would be appreciated -- I'm thinking adding a Cardcar C or Chicken Game (though I hate that last card) to speed up this deck. There's also the fact that a deck more focused on Infinity would probably do better, but ehh...

Dread Kaiser
16th October 2015, 12:23 AM
First question
Why Dinomist?

Are they there just for infinity? and dewloren?

Hope in the Interstice
16th October 2015, 12:24 AM
First question
Why Dinomist?
Because Dinomists are Machine-types and can thusly summon themselves en masse to revive 001.

Dread Kaiser
16th October 2015, 12:26 AM
oh yeah, forgot about that things condition...I kept reading that as 2 Deskbots not machiens

Akaba Fedoreiji
17th October 2015, 10:30 AM
So am I just allowed to create a Dinomist general discussion article? I've always wanted to do that ...

Anyway, I like the idea. Admittedly, Synchro engines aren't my forte: lots of different little pieces like Plant and Nordic engines consist of confuse my head no end, and building Decks in that ratio is just a nightmare I don't want to commit to.

What do you think of the new Dinomist support? Are you inclined to use it instead of something you have now?

Mystic TimeKeeper
17th October 2015, 10:32 AM
So am I just allowed to create a Dinomist general discussion article? I've always wanted to do that ...

Anyway, I like the idea. Admittedly, Synchro engines aren't my forte: lots of different little pieces like Plant and Nordic engines consist of confuse my head no end, and building Decks in that ratio is just a nightmare I don't want to commit to.

What do you think of the new Dinomist support? Are you inclined to use it instead of something you have now?

So that's why you stopped making Synchro after Alexander.

In any case yes, everyone can open an Archetype thread but it seems there are some guidelines to be respected.

Akaba Fedoreiji
17th October 2015, 10:40 AM
So that's why you stopped making Synchro after Alexander.

In any case yes, everyone can open an Archetype thread but it seems there are some guidelines to be respected.

Ha ha, apparently one must be discrete when moving between the role they play and their real identity. But it seems I'll have to go looking for these guidelines now, thank you my friend.

Mystic TimeKeeper
17th October 2015, 10:42 AM
Ha ha, apparently one must be discrete when moving between the role they play and their real identity. But it seems I'll have to go looking for these guidelines now, thank you my friend.

I think watchng the other threads is enough, I noticed they tend to use the same formatting so it seems something like an unwrotten rule.