PDA

View Full Version : Igknights for Regionals

Genku
16th October 2015, 07:28 AM
I got regionals coming up and need some help tweaking my deck.. I've had very little opportunity to playtest since DevPro is still down(FUCKING BULLSHIT MAN!!!!!) and I absolutely detest DN, so...

http://puu.sh/kM4m0/ece40e99f9.png

Note: i've seen other builds using Fusions...I have no interest in that as I strongly feel Pure Igknights are the way to go.. Just to get that out of the way now.

Dread Kaiser
16th October 2015, 04:36 PM
Get YGOpro, test it there
and it looks like you usual Cookie cutter'd igknight deck to me, what tweaking could you possibly need?

Genku
16th October 2015, 05:39 PM
I have YGOPro, but it lacks the social activity i desire.. And I'm looking for ways to improve consistency and such.. I'd like to be able to make a second 86 in this(I know where to cut in my extra for that..it's getting the means to do so in the main deck that's a chore).

Akaba Fedoreiji
16th October 2015, 06:05 PM
I can't understand why all of my other apps are performing at optimum speed, yet both Devpro AND Ygopro are atrociously slow - I tell no sliver of a lie when I say FPS 10.

Eh, it's an Igknight Deck. I find Igknight's flexibility in Fusion Summoning capabilities to be one of their greatest selling points, allowing for a lot of variation, even if it's not as viable as a straight build.

That is to say, looks pretty standard to me. Just make sure your skills are brushed up and you should be able to handle your regionals. Hope you have a great time on the day, and best of luck, Genku.

EDIT: Oh, and as for making a second 86, it's just not in the nature of the card nor the theme for that to be viable without sacrificing the consistency you already have. You'd be looking at using substandard cards for a very limited number of situations (thus hindering your consistency) for a card that effectively makes or breaks a game. If you want multiple 86's, I'd suggest looking to tellars or Performage.

However we will all judge you with icy hostility in your nightmares.

Dread Kaiser
16th October 2015, 06:25 PM
I have 0 issue with YGOpro
go me

- - - Updated - - -

and yeah, Igknights can do crazy shit if you drop the usual build
Guy at locals uses them to drop Thor for example

Genku
16th October 2015, 07:08 PM
I don't want stupid ridiculous nonsense.. I want straight-forward and simple.. That's why I'm going with pure Igknights... If there's anything that can be done without having to completely change the deck around to accommodate it that can help consistency or any other issues the deck has, I'm willing to give it a try..

Dread Kaiser
16th October 2015, 07:31 PM
Well good for you, thats what you already have.

Its literally the typical cookie cutter'd deck, 99% consistency. the traps are the only thing there that don't draw or search more cards, you don't get more consistent then that. any issues you have mean either bad luck or you are playing the deck wrong.

There is nothing to do.

Pendulum
16th October 2015, 07:35 PM
Well, if you really want an easy auto-play deck, that's pretty much it, I guess...
You could try Rescue Rabbit too.
One question: why no Volcasaurus?

Genku
16th October 2015, 07:56 PM
Tiras was a better option, after discussing in with people on DevPro(see why I miss it?). I'm open for putting it back in over something else... Also, greatly considering cutting Crazy Box and/or Ragnazero for Gem-Knight Pearl(s). I find myself limited in options once Throes is flipped and Pearl would be summonable under it, I believe, so..

Dread Kaiser
16th October 2015, 08:00 PM
Tiras was a better option, after discussing in with people on DevPro(see why I miss it?). I'm open for putting it back in over something else... Also, greatly considering cutting Crazy Box and/or Ragnazero for Gem-Knight Pearl(s). I find myself limited in options once Throes is flipped and Pearl would be summonable under it, I believe, so..

A monster that requires battle is better then a monster with MP1 Removal and a burn as a bonus?

and yes Peal can be summoned under throes

Akaba Fedoreiji
16th October 2015, 08:08 PM
You're suggesting 61 < Tiras? I don't even know what the format is like anymore, having been gone for about three months, but I'd say Volcasaurus is generally the better option, for much the same reasons as Dread alluded to.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it that a Deck having this much draw power / active searching is akin to a hundred-layer triple choc wedding cake that has been drenched in white icing - sickening.

Dread Kaiser
16th October 2015, 08:13 PM
Its the Standard Igknight deck, extra aside its a 100% copy of the usual...ugh remember when building decks required creativity?

on topic, the deck itself, as said, is ....there is nothing to do

just practice, no offence but you give the impression that you don't know how the deck works

Pendulum
16th October 2015, 08:26 PM
Personally, I like Volcasaurus, it can end games. I mean, I never played one, but I lost several times because of it
Yeah, I understand your dilemma. The max ATK you can have after flipping Throes is 2100, so Pearl could be useful, yeah. I'd remove Ragnazero if I were you.
Just test it.
And since you're using Shark Fortress why don't you use Heartlandraco?

- - - Updated - - -

Its the Standard Igknight deck, extra aside its a 100% copy of the usual...ugh remember when building decks required creativity?

just practice, no offence but you give the impression that you don't know how the deck works

I agree with everything you said.

- - - Updated - - -

You're suggesting 61 < Tiras? I don't even know what the format is like anymore, having been gone for about three months, but I'd say Volcasaurus is generally the better option, for much the same reasons as Dread alluded to.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it that a Deck having this much draw power / active searching is akin to a hundred-layer triple choc wedding cake that has been drenched in white icing - sickening.

Yeah, I prefer 61 too. It doesn't depend on something and it's strong.
And Tiras is ugly.

Akaba Fedoreiji
16th October 2015, 09:26 PM

What compounds that is how assertive he's being as to him wanting a pure and simple variant. Like seriously after about ten matches of my Lustre P / Vortex Dragon build my brain cells were starting to die - an oh-so standard version like this? I find it comical.

JoJoToast
17th October 2015, 02:06 AM
Call me crazy but add another rescue hamster (yes i know it's pend eff is once per duel), also consider Archfiend Eccentrick as you run no backrow removal and it's destroy monster effect tributes itself which is actually quite useful in alot of situations. Consider siding tyrants tirade as it's basically another throes and you would be better off siding 1 tirade in and and 1 mirror against whatever deck instead of 2 mirror's, leaving you with 1 more extra deck space. Might want to consider running vanity's as you haven't got much defense.

Against many decks it would be useful to have either Denko or decree in the side as you currently on run MST in the side for backrow removal and nothing in the main deck. Another side you may or may not have thought of is Majesty/Vanity Fiend as they are easily summoned and can easily shut down alot of decks as the current meta is going more towards R4 plays (Dolls, Nekroz, etc.) and aren't maining or siding dark hole, a few decks arent even using raigeki, also the fiends can auto win vs Kozmo if you get decree or denko on the field (if you choose to add them).

Genku
17th October 2015, 04:35 AM

Truth be told.....I actually don't...

Dread Kaiser
17th October 2015, 04:39 AM
could have said that to begin with, no one here would mock you for it (unless you pretended you did, then said REALLY stupid things regarding it. That we would mock)

There's nothing to really boost on consistency (You can literally make this deck 100% Search&Draw if you trade in the throes for Reckless) and for regionals you have the best build

At this point, practice is your friend. make sure you know what to do, what to summon and when

Volcasaurus > Tiras BTW, Destruction immunity means nothing these days

Genku
17th October 2015, 05:36 AM
Eh.. time isn't on my side, sadly.. My Regional I'm going to is on the 24th and all the good players are going to the one tomorrow/today/on the 17th.. all i'll be able to play against IRL(my preferred method to playing) are Ritual Beasts, Shaddolls, and MAYBE a Hero deck or two... that's about it.. nothing too major..

Pendulum
17th October 2015, 01:48 PM
could have said that to begin with, no one here would mock you for it (unless you pretended you did, then said REALLY stupid things regarding it. That we would mock)

There's nothing to really boost on consistency (You can literally make this deck 100% Search&Draw if you trade in the throes for Reckless) and for regionals you have the best build

At this point, practice is your friend. make sure you know what to do, what to summon and when

Volcasaurus > Tiras BTW, Destruction immunity means nothing these days

One question: Wouldn't Rescue Rabbit and Heartlandraco work better than some other options? I'm really asking this because, to me, they would work perfectly in this build, since Igknight are normal monsters and he could make easy Nightmare Shark or Heartlandraco and attack twice due to Shark Fortress effect. Or it wouldn't work as good as I'm thinking?

Icematoro
17th October 2015, 04:28 PM
As an Igknight Player, let me tell you this at once, This deck is NOT good for tournament play, it's literally a gigantic gimmick walking among us duelists, this deck shines for it's ability to Set FTKs and OTKs, or like you can see here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQRkLFFmBtU), It's ability to work with Rather unorthodox strategies, but you're not gonna go against Fire Kings or Dragunities, we're talking Big Guns, we're talking Shaddoll or Nekroz.

And it's not like you can splash some extra backrow and be alright with it, because this deck needs to be consistent to work, and backrow will mess with it.
My recomendation, study your deck, youtube and google are your allies, and don't reject gimmicks for being odd, this deck is only good because of gimmicks...

Genku
17th October 2015, 06:44 PM
There remains hope yet... Just saw a top 8 regional topping Pure Igknight build... It varies some from what I plan to run but I'm gonna test it tonight and tomorrow and see how it works..

Pendulum
17th October 2015, 07:25 PM
Good luck for you!

Icematoro
17th October 2015, 09:58 PM
Omg, I just read your name, Genku, you moved here now? lol
I mean, can't blame you, Devpro is dead (for now).

Genku
17th October 2015, 11:35 PM
Omg, I just read your name, Genku, you moved here now? lol
I mean, can't blame you, Devpro is dead (for now).

Really??? You only NOW noticed???? Jesus H.R. Geiger Christ......

Icematoro
18th October 2015, 01:53 AM
Really??? You only NOW noticed???? Jesus H.R. Geiger Christ......

I usually pay no mind to usernames without avatars, it's not like I need to know who you are to give advice, that does explain the hopeless pursuit... Good luck, I guess...

Genku
19th October 2015, 01:22 AM
So. I've updated my deck, somewhat.. dunno which version to take to Regionals, the one I originally posted or this one:
http://puu.sh/kPiSo/46183bb1ac.png

Dread Kaiser
19th October 2015, 04:01 AM
Well someone went nuts with Floodgates
Extra deck all fixed up

I'm not an Igknight player, but that is much scarier looking to be up against tehn what you had before IMO

Genku
19th October 2015, 04:46 AM
truth be told.. I did some extra tweaking and found room for a couple of Denkos(I cut 1 each of the level 3's).

http://puu.sh/kPw6j/e21411f9b0.png