PDA

View Full Version : Cardfight!! Vanguard General Discussion

NeoArkadia
9th September 2015, 11:00 PM
Words Go Here

Lord Bunilla
14th September 2015, 09:58 AM
Upcoming releases to discuss:

Product page from the official site. (http://cf-vanguard.com/en/products/) (Note: Sneak Previews are usually one week before release.)

Released (JP); 16/11/2015 (EN): Bermuda Triangle Mermaid Idol Summer Set

Released (JP); 02/10/2015 (EN): G Booster Set 4: Soul Strike Against The Supreme (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Booster_Set_4%3A_Soul_Strike_Against_The_Supreme )

Released (JP); 06/11/2015 (EN): G Title Booster 1: Touken Ranbu -ONLINE- (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Title_Booster_1%3A_Touken_Ranbu_-ONLINE-)

25/09/2015 (JP); 20/11/2015 (EN): G Comic Booster 1: Vanguard & Deletor (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Comic_Booster_1%3A_Vanguard_%26_Deletor)

23/10/2015 (JP); 11/12/2015 (EN): G Clan Booster 2: Commander of the Incessant Waves (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Clan_Booster_2%3A_Commander_of_the_Incessant_Wav es)

13/11/2015 (JP); 18/12/2015 (EN): G Trial Deck 6: Rallying Call of the Interspectral Dragon (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Trial_Deck_6:_Rallying_Call_of_the_Interspectral _Dragon) / G Trial Deck 7: Illusionist of the Crescent Moon (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Trial_Deck_7:_Illusionist_of_the_Crescent_Moon)

13/11/2015 (JP); 29/01/2016 (EN): G Booster Set 5: Moonlit Dragonfang (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Booster_Set_5:_Moonlit_Dragonfang)

18/12/2015 (JP); 08/01/2016 (EN): Fighter's Collection 2015 Winter (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Fighter's_Collection_2015_Winter)

22/01/2016 (JP); 19/02/2016 (EN): G Technical Booster 1: The RECKLESS RAMPAGE (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Technical_Booster_1%3A_The_RECKLESS_RAMPAGE)

TBA (JP); 11/03/2016 (EN): G Start Deck 1: Odyssey of the Interspatial Dragon (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Start_Deck_1:_Odyssey_of_the_Interspatial_Dragon )

19/02/2016 (JP); 25/03/2016 (EN): G Booster Set 6: Transcension of Blade and Blossom (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Booster_Set_6:_Transcension_of_Blade_and_Blossom )

19/02/2016 (JP); 25/03/2016 (EN): G Trial Deck 8: Vampire Princess of the Nether Hour (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Trial_Deck_8%3A_Vampire_Princess_of_the_Nether_H our)

TBA (JP); TBA (EN): Booster Set 7 with Granblue and others

Early 2016 (EN): Cardfight!! Online

kc_alex2
14th September 2015, 12:14 PM
From what I'm remember, Advanced Pack-Release is in January and Fighters Collection II in December.

Lord Bunilla
14th September 2015, 12:41 PM
Thank you, I haven't found the information again and am currently trying to find it.

Mystic TimeKeeper
14th September 2015, 02:17 PM
Hoping to not miss G-TD6 like I missed G-TD1 so I can make my avatar have some kind of meaning.

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 09:02 PM
As a note, the Japanese site is currently focusing on spoilers for Vanguard & Deletor, for those not paying attention.

Which is focusing on the "Banish Delete" Deletors (think a Deck full of D.D. Crows) and "Alfred" Royal Paladins (much to the frustration of Majesty Lord Blaster users from what I understand.)

Lord Bunilla
15th September 2015, 04:57 PM
Which is focusing on the "Banish Delete" Deletors (think a Deck full of D.D. Crows)

D.D. Crows in the sense of banish. But in this case, your opponent chooses what to banish.

"Alfred" Royal Paladins (much to the frustration of Majesty Lord Blaster users from what I understand.)

There are not all that much Majesty Lord Blaster users tbh. But, there are a lot of people complaining about Jewel Knight Swordmy functioning so well with Alfred support.

Lord Bunilla
16th September 2015, 07:41 AM
On another note, I for one like how Deletor have changed to a functioning deck with an alternate win condition pressuring the opponent.

Lord Bunilla
18th September 2015, 09:27 AM
Updated the release date post with Fighter's Collection 2015 Winter. It includes 1 G-Unit and 1 Grade 1-3 (one, not one of each) of each usual clan (except Touken Ranbu).

The teaser picture is ordered like this: Seal Dragon / Nociel / Chronoscommand / Nightmist / Beast Deity

Lord Bunilla
19th September 2015, 12:01 PM
Updated the English release date for G Trial Deck 6 & 7 which are released on the 18th of December 2015. No word on GBT05 yet.

Mystic TimeKeeper
19th September 2015, 12:04 PM
Good, now let's hope they put Nextage in the Trial Deck (as if).

Lord Bunilla
20th September 2015, 05:10 PM
Good, now let's hope they put Nextage in the Trial Deck (as if).

Yeah, don't hope on that. Bushiroad is known to not provide reprints outside of promo cards and some staples.

Mystic TimeKeeper
20th September 2015, 05:22 PM
Yeah, don't hope on that. Bushiroad is known to not provide reprints outside of promo cards and some staples.

We still haven't got Nubatama reprints from set 1, and those would really be useful. If mine wasn't a joke I'd be really oblivious.
I think Machining and Luquier are another 2 thing that could really use a reprint.

Lord Bunilla
20th September 2015, 05:33 PM
That is true for sure.

I for one, still hope on a release of the G3 searcher for Royal Paladin.

Lord Bunilla
21st September 2015, 08:19 AM
The promo cards for G-BT04 are as following:

Sneak Preview:
Medical Bomber Nurse (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Medical_Bomber_Nurse)

Box Topper:
Deity of Smithing, Hephaestus (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Deity_of_Smithing,_Hephaestus)
Cosmic Hero, Grandranger (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmic_Hero,_Grandranger)
Brasschain Dragon (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Brasschain_Dragon)
Maiden of Flower Pistol (http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Maiden_of_Flower_Pistol)

Lord Bunilla
28th September 2015, 06:58 PM
The release for Touken Ranbu was pushed back by one week. The Sneak Preview will be held from October 30th until November 5th.

Lord Bunilla
7th October 2015, 06:50 AM
Added the release date of Fighter's Collection 2015 and G Booster Set 5: Moonlit Dragonfang.

EDIT: Also updated the links to GTD06/07 & GBT05 because the wikia is unable to redirect old pages to the newly named page.

We're now officially one month behind Japan. What a day to be alive. Do you think we will ever completely catch up?

Mystic TimeKeeper
7th October 2015, 07:58 AM
Added the release date of Fighter's Collection 2015 and G Booster Set 5: Moonlit Dragonfang.

EDIT: Also updated the links to GTD06/07 & GBT05 because the wikia is unable to redirect old pages to the newly named page.

We're now officially one month behind Japan. What a day to be alive. Do you think we will ever completely catch up?

Completely, I doubt. But with such a short gap and no unreachable promo I say this is pretty much good enough.

Lord Bunilla
8th October 2015, 11:00 AM
Completely, I doubt. But with such a short gap and no unreachable promo I say this is pretty much good enough.

I know right? Buddyfight is maybe two weeks behind, but one month behind is already pretty darn awesome.

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ
8th October 2015, 11:18 PM
I probably will play Cardfight Online when it's available.

I have played in real life before and a couple of other online versions.

Lord Bunilla
12th October 2015, 06:09 PM
Updated the release date for Fighter's Collection. It is released on the 8th of January instead of the 29th. My mistake.

Lord Bunilla
6th November 2015, 08:54 AM
Updated the release date for the Advanced Players pack which is now named G Technical Booster 1: The RECKLESS RAMPAGE and being released on 22nd of January 2016 for JP and 19th of February 2016 for EN.

Lord Bunilla
6th November 2015, 10:22 AM
What I wanted to say is obviously: NUBATAMA HYPE. Also TACHIKAZE HYPE. And SPIKE BROTHER HYPE.

I mean, they look more promising than what is released in G BT05.

Mystic TimeKeeper
6th November 2015, 11:00 AM
I should do something with the SP Legend I bought, and I DID plan on building Gears, but Nubatama are really too tempting...

Lord Bunilla
6th November 2015, 11:47 AM
An unaltered SP Legend Deck won a regional in Malaysia, if I remember correctly. So you got that going. Also Gears is looking very promising with Time Leap.

But Nubatama. Boy, that will be fun. Easy discard.

kc_alex2
6th November 2015, 12:17 PM
Spike Brothers was my first clan before Bermuda Triangle became a full clan. So, I would love to try Spikes again, but with only one condition: General Seifried-Revival Legion for nostalgic reasons.

Lord Bunilla
6th November 2015, 01:32 PM
Spike Brothers was my first clan before Bermuda Triangle became a full clan. So, I would love to try Spikes again, but with only one condition: General Seifried-Revival Legion for nostalgic reasons.

Would completely support that. I have that guy in SP because I accidently ordered him that way.

Majin
18th November 2015, 04:09 AM
Sad to see that Cardfight Online got pushed back.

Lord Bunilla
18th November 2015, 08:47 AM
Updated release dates for G Booster Set 6: Overcoming Flower Blade and G Trial Deck 8: Vampire Princess of the Hades Hour. Added Cardfight!! Online as "Early 2016". Also note: Cardfight!! Online is released in English only as it currently stands.

Lord Bunilla
18th November 2015, 12:45 PM
This is also very important information. (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/cardfight/images/5/5b/Im-The-Captain-Now_Shion.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151117193109)

Lord Bunilla
18th November 2015, 03:33 PM
Updated the links for GBT06 and GTD08 because the wikia decided to be a bunch of twats and not redirect from the old link to the new link like they always do.

Mystic TimeKeeper
18th November 2015, 04:26 PM
This is also very important information. (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/cardfight/images/5/5b/Im-The-Captain-Now_Shion.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151117193109)

I really thought that after experiencing "Infinite Overlord Hell" he would have started playing Perdition or something.

Lord Bunilla
23rd November 2015, 03:15 PM
I think I'm going to the Qualifier in Paris in December. Should I take Ripples to play, because it's legal at that date?

Mystic TimeKeeper
23rd November 2015, 08:05 PM
I think I'm going to the Qualifier in Paris in December. Should I take Ripples to play, because it's legal at that date?

I second Ripple if you have them ready.

Lord Bunilla
24th November 2015, 06:34 PM
I second Ripple if you have them ready.

Yeah, I have everything ready, the ride chain, the Quinted Walls, the turtles, everything.

Crow the BOOLET
26th November 2015, 08:17 PM
I got into this game recently and I have been loving it. I've been trying to make it catch on locals but it sucks when you really only got one other person who plays it with ya. D:

But yeah. I'm currently building Granblue but I'm kind of waiting to see how the new support is like. The wait is real. ;~;

Mystic TimeKeeper
26th November 2015, 10:19 PM
I got into this game recently and I have been loving it. I've been trying to make it catch on locals but it sucks when you really only got one other person who plays it with ya. D:

But yeah. I'm currently building Granblue but I'm kind of waiting to see how the new support is like. The wait is real. ;~;

Taking note of 2 things about Granblue:

1) Do you like Awesome bulky men and Creppy Ghosts? Otherwise you're better with G-Granblue
2) Several useful cards are extremely old so you might have to drop quite the money on stuff like Ruin Shade.

cypher32
28th November 2015, 10:59 AM
Hey guys. I know it's probably a bit late, but I'm actually planning to start Vanguard in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations on what decks a noob like me should play, or cards/tactics I should be aware of before I make any purchases?

Mystic TimeKeeper
28th November 2015, 04:43 PM
Hey guys. I know it's probably a bit late, but I'm actually planning to start Vanguard in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations on what decks a noob like me should play, or cards/tactics I should be aware of before I make any purchases?

If you find someone still around the "Shadow Paladin G-Legend" deck may be a good start since it's almost competitive straight out of the box, but since Shadow Paladin aren't exactly budget friendly you may pay it later down the road, but as a rule of thumb 2 G-Trials are always a good place to start so find a clan you like and if it has a Trial you're in a good position. I do not reccomend Messiah though because I hear they're quite overpriced.

cypher32
28th November 2015, 05:08 PM
If you find someone still around the "Shadow Paladin G-Legend" deck may be a good start since it's almost competitive straight out of the box, but since Shadow Paladin aren't exactly budget friendly you may pay it later down the road, but as a rule of thumb 2 G-Trials are always a good place to start so find a clan you like and if it has a Trial you're in a good position. I do not reccomend Messiah though because I hear they're quite overpriced.

Thanks for the tip! I guess for now, I will get the two new trial decks coming out this December, and see where I'll go from there.

Mystic TimeKeeper
28th November 2015, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the tip! I guess for now, I will get the two new trial decks coming out this December, and see where I'll go from there.

Good for you, just because I'm curious, are you planning to buy Gears or Pale Moon? Or even both?

cypher32
28th November 2015, 08:53 PM
Good for you, just because I'm curious, are you planning to buy Gears or Pale Moon? Or even both?

Well, I'm not exactly sure. I've just finished season one of the anime, so I guess I'm a bit familiar with the Pale moon clan, but I heard that the Gears belong to the protagonist of the latest series, and that they are pretty awesome. If I find a good bargain for both decks, then most likely both, but I'm still not really which one I would rather have. Any suggestions on your end?

Also, do you know how much a trial deck should usually cost? I heard that they are more expensive then yugioh structure decks, but I can't say for sure...

Mystic TimeKeeper
28th November 2015, 09:18 PM
Well, I'm not exactly sure. I've just finished season one of the anime, so I guess I'm a bit familiar with the Pale moon clan, but I heard that the Gears belong to the protagonist of the latest series, and that they are pretty awesome. If I find a good bargain for both decks, then most likely both, but I'm still not really which one I would rather have. Any suggestions on your end?

Also, do you know how much a trial deck should usually cost? I heard that they are more expensive then yugioh structure decks, but I can't say for sure...

I'm not a fan of Pale Moon art wise but they are pretty interesting to play, Gears are something I plan to build and they are pretty awesome, not to mention that they seem that they will have a lot of different playstyles, but since Gears are quite sought after and the G-Zone tend to be expensive because almost everything is a GR you may have better luck by going towards Pale Moon, but there are still plenty of budget option in Gears if you want to do them, especially with G-BT05 on January, just keep in mind that a lot of units right now requires Chronojet Dragon to be used. In any case Gear Chronicle will have plenty of support since it's the clan of the main character, but the character that uses Pale Moon in the show will probably stick around so there shouldn't be that much of a problem in that direction (even if G actually managed to make me think that Kagero are being unsupported...).

Trial deck costs roughly as much as a Structure, and you need 2 to have a playset of everything except the starting Vanguard of which you need only 1 anyway so that's an ok price to start.

Crow the BOOLET
28th November 2015, 11:41 PM
Taking note of 2 things about Granblue:

1) Do you like Awesome bulky men and Creppy Ghosts? Otherwise you're better with G-Granblue
2) Several useful cards are extremely old so you might have to drop quite the money on stuff like Ruin Shade.

Late but...

1. Yes I don't mind using them. Might as well call it Granblue's Bizarre Adventure! :P
2. Yeah I saw the price of Ruin Shade and I did turn white as a sheet. Pun intended. :P But I will try to get those kinds of cards too. Its a we'll see kind of thing.

cypher32
28th November 2015, 11:59 PM
I'm not a fan of Pale Moon art wise but they are pretty interesting to play, Gears are something I plan to build and they are pretty awesome, not to mention that they seem that they will have a lot of different playstyles, but since Gears are quite sought after and the G-Zone tend to be expensive because almost everything is a GR you may have better luck by going towards Pale Moon, but there are still plenty of budget option in Gears if you want to do them, especially with G-BT05 on January, just keep in mind that a lot of units right now requires Chronojet Dragon to be used. In any case Gear Chronicle will have plenty of support since it's the clan of the main character, but the character that uses Pale Moon in the show will probably stick around so there shouldn't be that much of a problem in that direction (even if G actually managed to make me think that Kagero are being unsupported...).

Trial deck costs roughly as much as a Structure, and you need 2 to have a playset of everything except the starting Vanguard of which you need only 1 anyway so that's an ok price to start.

Thanks for the heads up! If the price of a trial deck is about as much as the price of a structure, then I guess I'll buy both decks and test them out, and whichever one feels more comfortable to me, is the one I'll continue to support. I think that is the best option right now.

Btw, Kagero is still being supported? I thought it was outdated...

Mystic TimeKeeper
1st December 2015, 04:56 PM
Yeah I saw the price of Ruin Shade and I did turn white as a sheet. Pun intended. :P But I will try to get those kinds of cards too. Its a we'll see kind of thing.

You're in luck my friend! Amazingly Bushiroad decided Ruin Shade had to be an R in GBT-06.

By the way, you're in luck assuming you didn't got those yet.

Crow the BOOLET
2nd December 2015, 05:11 AM
You're in luck my friend! Amazingly Bushiroad decided Ruin Shade had to be an R in GBT-06.

By the way, you're in luck assuming you didn't got those yet.

Oh wow. Its like Christmas came early but didn't at the same time! Thanks for the heads up.

Lord Bunilla
21st December 2015, 08:14 AM
Updated the English release date for both G-Booster Set 6 and G-Trial Deck 8. Added G Start Deck 1: Odyssey of the Interspatial Dragon which is basically Bushiroads way of saying "PLAY GEAR CHRONICLE THIS IS DECK NUMBER 3 TO BUY". Also it's different from Trial Decks in the form that it has only 1 new card, but 15 reprints. Now the question would be, what kind of reprints are we speaking? Amber? Chronojet (who already had a reprint recently)? This could be anywhere between useless and godly depending on the reprints and the new card. Also currently no Japanese release date for that.

Mystic TimeKeeper
22nd December 2015, 12:24 PM
So, is it that strange that I actually want some Limit Break units for Gear Chronicle? I'd really like a Break Ride for Gears, and then check the Interactions with Balif just for the fun.

cypher32
29th April 2016, 09:21 PM
Hi. Just noticed that nobody has responded to this post in months. Thought I'd give a few thoughts about the upcoming and recent releases.

The new Gold Paladin starter deck, for the price, is insanely good. Two boxes (for the price of a TD), gives you four Gurguit units, and six G units. Seriously, the deck is actually not half-bad.

I don't think that much is needed to be said about the new legend deck. I can sum it up in one word: Legendary!

Finally, thought that some discussion is needed for the new G-Guardians, debuting in a few weeks. Oh, and I'm finally going to my first shop tournament! Wish me luck!

jaden yuki
12th January 2017, 11:09 AM
which decks do people run?

Volteccer
14th March 2018, 05:48 PM
Hey! Remember forum thread is a thing? Anyway, big vanguard news today. Anime adaption of the manga, Imaginary Gift, buff to triggers, and new formats! There's a lot, so I'm just going to put up the link/ (https://en.cf-vanguard.com/information/cardfight-vanguard-new-series-information/) so y'all can take it all in. What do you think?

J. D. Guy
19th March 2018, 03:17 PM
Hey! Remember forum thread is a thing? Anyway, big vanguard news today. Anime adaption of the manga, Imaginary Gift, buff to triggers, and new formats! There's a lot, so I'm just going to put up the link/ (https://en.cf-vanguard.com/information/cardfight-vanguard-new-series-information/) so y'all can take it all in. What do you think?

I only follow the Vanguard Anime tangentially, but I both surprised and not by this news. They finding an excuse to utitize the original cast as their kids selves almost feels like nostalgia handling. I wonder if there's a present-day framing device that illicits this story being told as a Season wide flashback, if this adaptation is going to be incorporated into the Anime universe or be a kind elseworlds story, or what.

Volteccer
19th March 2018, 04:02 PM
I only follow the Vanguard Anime tangentially, but I both surprised and not by this news. They finding an excuse to utitize the original cast as their kids selves almost feels like nostalgia handling. I wonder if there's a present-day framing device that illicits this story being told as a Season wide flashback, if this adaptation is going to be incorporated into the Anime universe or be a kind elseworlds story, or what.

It's loosely based on the manga, but also it has characters that weren't in there. For example, Leon, who never appeared in the manga and didn't show up in the anime until season 2, will show up before we even meet Ren apparently.

J. D. Guy
26th March 2018, 05:09 AM
It's loosely based on the manga, but also it has characters that weren't in there. For example, Leon, who never appeared in the manga and didn't show up in the anime until season 2, will show up before we even meet Ren apparently.

I see. So some liberties will be had in the Anime's rendition. I still wonder how, or even if, Chrono's saga fits into this new Season?