PDA

View Full Version : Magical Spring: Draw Tech nowadays?

SynjoDeonecros
18th October 2015, 01:22 AM
While looking through my collection for possible draw cards I can use for my Ritual Beast deck, I found two copies of Magical Spring. Now, hear me out on this: I think this can be a good draw tech against Pendulum decks like Qliphorts and Majespecters. The fact that it'll count the Pendulum Scales as Spell and Trap cards as part of the opponent's face-up Spell/Trap card pool for its effect is good, and while negation and destruction are barred for the turn, if you use it, there's nothing saying you can't banish the Spell/Trap or bounce it back to the hand/deck. Decks with low amounts of cards that remain face-up, like Ritual Beasts or Yosenjus, could use this for major draw power.

So, what are your guys' thoughts on this card? Still crap, or does it have potential as a niche draw tech?

Hope in the Interstice
18th October 2015, 01:26 AM
I think it's outclassed by Wavering Eyes, like a lot of cards that fill the same niche. I think Wavering could do with a limiting. I do like the idea of Magical Springs, though, and it can definitely help against the EMEm matchup and stop them from destroying Flame Mascot.

SynjoDeonecros
18th October 2015, 01:38 AM
I never thought of that. It also stops the opponent from using Wavering Eyes to reset their scales, which is good. Also stops Igknight's loop combo, as well, for a turn. I can see this being good anti-Pendulum draw tech...

J21
20th October 2015, 01:30 PM
I like the idea of drawing,but as far as the side deck is concerned, I think Pendulum Impenetrable would be better against the magicians.. Spring is nice though!!

SynjoDeonecros
20th October 2015, 05:42 PM
So that's two for "Better options out there, but keep an eye on it". Anyone else?