PDA

View Full Version : Yuri's [X] [Y] Fusion Dragon Discussion

KingJinzo
18th October 2015, 09:56 PM
I think most, if not all, viewers are curious about Yuri's (Joeri, Jueri, Jüri, Jöri, Juli, Yuli, Rock Lee) Fusion Dragon (unless it suddenly turns out to be a Ritual or even a Normal Monster ^^; but we all know Yuri has Polymerization in his deck thanks to Violet Flash). We don't anything about it except its silhouette and that it very probably has 2500 ATK and 2000 DEF and is very probably a Level 7 Dragon-Type monster. So let's us speculate about this monster, who might or not appear during the run of Kirifuda.

So first, the Attribute. It's the least interesting thing about the dragon, but it might be relevant for some decks. The purple silhouette indicates that the Fusion Dragon might be a DARK monster like Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion. If that's true, it would be the third, leaving Clear Wing out as the only WIND monster (similar like Yugo doesn't have his own Gongenzaka like the others). However, Clear Wing's silhouette hinted that it could be a LIGHT monster with red eyes, and we know it's not true. So, aside from DARK, what could it be else? I highly doubt it's EARTH, since it's a winged dragon without legs. It could be LIGHT (just like Kaiser Dragon) to contrast Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion, WIND like Clear Wing, or FIRE or WATER. I personally would pick WATER because Yuri has something ice-cold on him (his egao for example). The Ice Field in the Battle Royal might be a hint to that.

But for something more interesting, let us talk about the Fusion Materials. The possibility that it's going to be a Transformation monster like the Masked HEROes is 0,1%. Both, Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing, are very generic monsters, so most of us have assumed that the Fusion Dragon is also very generic. But how generic could it be? Some people say" X Attribute + Y Type", but if we look at the "lost twin" Kaiser Dragon, that dragon requires two specific dragons. So, the first thought for a generic combination would be Dragon + Dragon. However, that would require Yuri to have to run a Dragon deck, so is he the type for that? Possibly. But that would also require Yuya to fuse two dragons, too. Don't forget. Yuya will probably play this dragon, too. Just make this more generic. X-Type + X-Type. Most decks run decks with only one or two types. That would make the Fusion Dragon extremely generic and very easy to Fusion Summon if you have a Fusion/Yugou card. This ironically would makes it still hard for Yuya, who runs a deck with different types, but something like Silverclaw + Hip Hippo would not be impossible, since he has a lot of Beast-Type monsters.

Now about the Effect. The anime effect at least will involve something with Level 5 or higher monsters, so it might also apply for the real life version. Looking at the other three dragons, they are mostly designed to inflict a lot of battle damage. Therefore, it's not unlikely that the Fusion Dragon will have a effect based on inflicting more battle damage, too. But what would make this dragon dangerous? Dark Rebellion can steal ATK, Clear Wing can power-up itself as well. However, Odd-Eyes can't. Odd-Eyes always needs help to get rid of a stronger monster. And the Fusion Dragon might be the help Odd-Eyes need the most. Thus, I thought about effects that would help Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon (and other monsters of course). That would be increasing ATK of your monsters or decreasing ATK of the opponent's monsters. Decreasing would be more interesting, as it's very villainous to weaken the heroes with a menacing dragon.
If the effect is a Continuous Effect, it would be this.

"Every Level 5 or higher monster your opponent controls lose [500 to 800] ATK and DEF."

This effect however is boring and bland. So, I thought about something interesting. So there are two alternatives.

Once during either player's turn, if a monster you control battles a Level 5 or higher monster your opponent controls: During the beginning of the Damage Step; you can negate the effects of your opponent's monster and halve its ATK and DEF. These changes last until the end of the Battle Phase.

Once during either player's turn, if a Level 5 or higher monster you control battles a monster your opponent controls: During the beginning of the Damage Step; you can negate the effects of your opponent's monster and halve its ATK and DEF. These changes last until the end of the Battle Phase.

The second variant works even against Xyz Monsters. But we can also say, instead of decreasing ATK, increase the ATK of our monsters, but not double it. Double ATK is more extreme than halve ATK and DEF. Something like 1000 or 200*Level would be appropriate.

But why negating the effect of the opponent's monster? Remember Yuri vs Yuzu? If we assume Yuzu summoned Bloom Diva, and she still was losing to him, that means Yuri would have found a way to counter Bloom Diva. If the dragon has an effect that negates Monster Effects, it would make sense why Yuzu was terrified.

As you can see, I designed the effect to make it supportive for Odd-Eyes, as the Odd-Eyes archetype alone has a problem with monsters that have higher ATK than them. Yes, there is Odd-Eyes Vortex, but that is all. And even that cannot protect you from very high ATK.

If the Fusion Dragon's effect would turn out to be something like that, this dragon together with Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing could take on three Hell Armageddons.

And now for the final matter. How does this dragon attack in the anime? Odd-Eyes breaths fire, Dark Rebellion disobeys the opponent with its lightning chin fang, and Clear Wing charges with its wings directly at the opponent. If it does not copy any of the three, then the possibilities are:
1) Tail Whip. It's body is snake-like and it once crushed a piece of ice with its tail. This is already Odd-Eyes thing, but not primarily either.
2) Claw. Something like Red Daemon's or Raviel would be cool. But judging from the silhouette, the claws don't look powerful at all and the arms are thin.
3) Teeth. Biting your opponent to death would work for a snake-like dragon.
4) Projectile attacks. Something like Ki Blasts, eye beams or wing projectiles.
5) Headbutt. Just for fun.

But what are your thoughts?

Dyson Sphere
18th October 2015, 10:16 PM
the attribute thing, i'm expecting either light or dark, and to make it more generic i think it could possibly be contact fusion of 2 darks or dragons or something along those lines, eff, i'm thinking something like burden of the mighty but more powerful like, all level 5 or higher monsters your opponent controls lose 300x their level

Pendulum
18th October 2015, 10:26 PM
Since all the Fusion monsters we have seen so far used a Poly, I'm expecting Yuri's dragon to be Fusion Summoned with it. Though, in real life, it could have a contact fusion condition, just like Beast-Eyes.

ScionStorm
18th October 2015, 10:29 PM
Well Yuya's Beast Eyes is the first ever fusion monster with an optional Contact Fusion ability. So yeah, I guess contact fusion isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

I think it will be a LIGHT attribute.

I'm just going to stick this possible name here:

Violet Conquest Fusion Dragon!

Dyson Sphere
18th October 2015, 10:32 PM
Well Yuya's Beast Eyes is the first ever fusion monster with an optional Contact Fusion ability. So yeah, I guess contact fusion isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

I think it will be a LIGHT attribute.

I'm just going to stick this possible name here:

Violet Conquest Fusion Dragon!

i've been calling it Purple Creep's Fusion Dragon

Hope in the Interstice
18th October 2015, 10:37 PM
I've been calling it Rune Beast Fusion Dragon.

ScionStorm
18th October 2015, 10:38 PM
I thought conquest would be a good title for it considering A) It's uncanny resemblance to Kaiser Dragon in silhouette, and B) Conquest is the opposite of Rebellion concept.

Crow the BOOLET
18th October 2015, 11:02 PM
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv296/Vesa_Aergun/KaiserDragon-MDP2-EN-C-LE_zpsj1cycin1.jpg

Bing ba-boom mystery solved!

But real talk there's a very good chance it might be a effect damage staller. Odd-Eyes deals double battle damage, Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing manipulate their attack values, so it could very well be effect damage manipulation. As for how it looks, well it could very well be anything. Clear Wing's silhouette only really gave us its outline so this must be the same case. Its just a big long dragon snake thing.

...My joke got ninja'd ;~;

Thanako
18th October 2015, 11:15 PM
Slim Body Fusion Dragon/Long Tail Fusion Dragon makes a lot of sense. The first word always describes the second (Odd, Clear, Dark) which is usually a different body part (Eyes, Wing). Unless we specifically get Academia Dragon, welp.

ScionStorm
18th October 2015, 11:21 PM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/8/82/YurisFusionDragon-JP-Anime-AV-NC.png/revision/latest?cb=20150315142128
That's a pretty detailed silhouette.

- - - Updated - - -

Slim Body Fusion Dragon/Long Tail Fusion Dragon makes a lot of sense. The first word always describes the second (Odd, Clear, Dark) which is usually a different body part (Eyes, Wing). Unless we specifically get Academia Dragon, welp.
Odd-Eyes refers to OEPD's eyes which are two different colors representing the two-colored Pendulum cards. Dark is for the Black of Xyz cards, Clear is for the White of Synchro cards. Rebellion is not a body part.

Thanako
18th October 2015, 11:23 PM
I said "usually"

ScionStorm
18th October 2015, 11:25 PM
There's only 4 of them.

Devocrown
19th October 2015, 12:05 AM
From what I remember from an episode title before it was changed, it was called Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon

ScionStorm
19th October 2015, 12:11 AM
What episode was that?

Dyson Sphere
19th October 2015, 12:37 AM
What episode was that?

it was just a rumor that went around a few months back

SynjoDeonecros
19th October 2015, 01:13 AM
From what I remember from an episode title before it was changed, it was called Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon

That actually sounds pretty badass. Perfect for an Academia soldier to use.

Zarkiel
19th October 2015, 01:37 AM
So I had thought about this last night, and while I have no clue about a name or effect, I think I have an idea on the materials. We know that Dennis is from academia and we know that he uses xyz. We also know that he had xyz before going to standard as trapeze magician is with him in the xyz dimension. This implies that academia know how to use the other summoning methods. So what about yuri. It could very well be the case that yuri know these methods as well. So the idea I had for his materials could be a synchro and an xyz monster, or maybe just two monsters summoned from the extra deck, that way you could have 2 fusions monsters (which to mean seems a lot more likely). and would be able to be splashed in yuya's deck if he ended up with it.

KingJinzo
19th October 2015, 01:44 AM
So I had thought about this last night, and while I have no clue about a name or effect, I think I have an idea on the materials. We know that Dennis is from academia and we know that he uses xyz. We also know that he had xyz before going to standard as trapeze magician is with him in the xyz dimension. This implies that academia know how to use the other summoning methods. So what about yuri. It could very well be the case that yuri know these methods as well. So the idea I had for his materials could be a synchro and an xyz monster, or maybe just two monsters summoned from the extra deck, that way you could have 2 fusions monsters (which to mean seems a lot more likely). and would be able to be splashed in yuya's deck if he ended up with it.

I can imagine an evolution of the Fusion Dragon going to be like this, but not for the original dragon itself. It would make it harder to summon it, while the other three are rather easy to summon. Also, if the requirements are difficult, the effect might be even more powerful (which isn't always the case).

- - - Updated - - -

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/8/82/YurisFusionDragon-JP-Anime-AV-NC.png/revision/latest?cb=20150315142128
That's a pretty detailed silhouette.

- - - Updated - - -

Odd-Eyes refers to OEPD's eyes which are two different colors representing the two-colored Pendulum cards. Dark is for the Black of Xyz cards, Clear is for the White of Synchro cards. Rebellion is not a body part.

Rebellion is its chin.^^
But seriously, the "Clear" in Clear Wing is more likely a referrence to Clear Mind.

Sotavento
19th October 2015, 03:39 AM
It may be even a Contact Fusion monster. So far the Dragons can be special summoned inherently (meaning you don't need a chain or activate an effect to summon them). So I'm thinking you don't even need Poly to summon his Dragon. Now the real question is how can you make a GENERIC Fusion monster? Sure Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing are pretty generic. And while Odd-Eyes is a main/extra Deck monster, the fact that it's a Pendulum makes it generic as well. How can Yuri's dragon be generic by any means?

Jakinus
19th October 2015, 04:30 AM

It's a good theory, but maybe Thanako is right. I found this some time ago that maybe can give us a clue about the name of Yuri's dragon

https://nyanpastique.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/reverse-scales-and-arc-vs-dragon-motif/

It explains why the "Rebellion" part of Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon actually refers to a body part (tl;dr, it alludes to the reverse scale in a dragon that, when touched, makes it enter into a wrathful state). This makes that Dark = a trait of the owner and its card type, and Rebellion = a part of the body AND another trait of the owner.

The same can be seen in the other dragons. in Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon:
Odd = The two colors representing the scales of the pendulum cards and how Yuya's personality seem to be alternating between his insecure self and his entertainer persona.
Eyes= A part of the body and how Yuya is the center of the atention or because through him we see the events of the anime (just a theory).

With Clear Wing Synchro Dragon:
Clear = The white of the Synchro cards and how Yugo becomes unaware of his surroundings when focused in something
Wings = A part of the body and the freedom that gives riding the Duel Runner

With this, one can jump to the conclusion that the formula for naming the four dimensional dragons is:

(Trait of the owner + Trait of the card type) + (Trait of the owner + Part of the Body) + (Summoning method) + Dragon

I haven't come up with a name for the first part of the name of Yuri's Dragon, mostly because I'm not a native english speaker so I don't knowof any word that can fit the formula; but the second part could be "Claw". Why? Let's look to the silhouette of the dragon

http://i.imgur.com/mlRjoD4.png?1

Those are some menacing claws! They look more sharpy and deadly than its other counterparts. That and the fact that Yuri is considered the "right hand" of the Professor makes me think that "Claw" could be part of its name.

And... That's all I have. This is pure hypothesis but it's nice to see that the creators put a lot of effort naming the dragons.

Crow the BOOLET
19th October 2015, 05:16 AM
It may be even a Contact Fusion monster. So far the Dragons can be special summoned inherently (meaning you don't need a chain or activate an effect to summon them). So I'm thinking you don't even need Poly to summon his Dragon. Now the real question is how can you make a GENERIC Fusion monster? Sure Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing are pretty generic. And while Odd-Eyes is a main/extra Deck monster, the fact that it's a Pendulum makes it generic as well. How can Yuri's dragon be generic by any means?

I was just thinking about that myself.

I was thinking it would have to be either 2 specific monster types (Dragon, Spellcaster, etc.) or 2 specific attribute monsters (Most likely DARK given the theme but FIRE is another option). There's no other way I can really see it being a generic other than that since its most likely going into two different decks.

Hope in the Interstice
19th October 2015, 05:24 AM
What if it just needed two monsters with different names?

Zarkiel
19th October 2015, 08:36 AM
What if it just needed two monsters with different names?

That's almost too generic. Its gotta be slightly difficult to summon.

I'm wondering if it would be a contact fusion, then it might be based on levels. like 1 level 4 or lower and 1 level 5 or higher. I'd say the same level, but then its xyz and they need to seperate the two. Then it can have effects based on the level of the materials used.

Hope in the Interstice
19th October 2015, 08:38 AM
That's almost too generic. Its gotta be slightly difficult to summon.

I'm wondering if it would be a contact fusion, then it might be based on levels. like 1 level 4 or lower and 1 level 5 or higher. I'd say the same level, but then its xyz and they need to seperate the two. Then it can have effects based on the level of the materials used.
It'd require you to run Polymerisation. I can't think of it being much more generic than that, plus it requires three cards.

KingJinzo
19th October 2015, 03:23 PM
Two monsters of the same type is still probably the most generic thing ever. Yuya has a lots of Beasts and Spellcasters.

Dyson Sphere
19th October 2015, 05:30 PM
most generic thing ever "discard polymerization or 1 "fusion" spell card, special summon this card from your extra deck

JTSW
19th October 2015, 07:15 PM
Guys and girls c'mon, it's obviously "First of the Dragons".

I'm joking of course.

Pendulum
19th October 2015, 08:06 PM
That would be a very, if not the most, unexpected twist ever.

Sotavento
20th October 2015, 06:56 AM
tfw when it's the first Yu-Dragon with no 2500/2000 stats

Cheesedude
21st October 2015, 02:08 AM
I do love that the silhouette is like Kaiser Dragon.

Fun fact: Kaiser Dragon has cameoed in every YGO series so far except ARC-V. So having a monster that may be a reference to it some fashion would be cool. And of course "Kaiser" could easily make reference to Ryo from GX......and is close enough to Supreme King to double as a reference to that too, given the orbs on Yuri's cloak.

As for the summoning condition....I have no idea.

Eternalight
22nd October 2015, 08:05 AM
What if the Yuri's dragon that we saw is not the dimensional dragon we think it is.

KingKaash
23rd October 2015, 07:36 PM

This would make it more splashable for sure. But I still think that's alot to ask for the basic form of his dragon. I have a feeling his dragon can be fused further to summon a 3-headed variant of the original similar to Blue-Eyes to Blue-Eyes Ultimate. Cyber Dragon to Cyber End Dragon. Galaxy Eyes Photon to Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon and so on.

WHAT IF they Dennis-screw Yuri over so hard and the materials to summon his all-powerful Fusion Dragon that even causes Jean-Michel Roger to shake in his boots is just fusing two or more Ancient Gear monsters!?!?!?

LolsterXD97
23rd October 2015, 11:20 PM
This would make it more splashable for sure. But I still think that's alot to ask for the basic form of his dragon. I have a feeling his dragon can be fused further to summon a 3-headed variant of the original similar to Blue-Eyes to Blue-Eyes Ultimate. Cyber Dragon to Cyber End Dragon. Galaxy Eyes Photon to Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon and so on.

WHAT IF they Dennis-screw Yuri over so hard and the materials to summon his all-powerful Fusion Dragon that even causes Jean-Michel Roger to shake in his boots is just fusing two or more Ancient Gear monsters!?!?!?

Reiji should be the one to summon the Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon counterpart since he is the rival of Arc-V.

I don't think Yuri will use Ancient Gears, because until now, all the Yus have been using an original Archetype (Performapal/Magician/Odd-Eyes, Speedroid, The Phantom Knights), so Yuri would have his own too (Also I doubt that the best member of Academia would use something that just simple soldiers use, but then I remember Dennis...).

KingJinzo
23rd October 2015, 11:50 PM
Reiji should be the one to summon the Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon counterpart since he is the rival of Arc-V.

I don't think Yuri will use Ancient Gears, because until now, all the Yus have been using an original Archetype (Performapal/Magician/Odd-Eyes, Speedroid, The Phantom Knights), so Yuri would have his own too (Also I doubt that the best member of Academia would use something that just simple soldiers use, but then I remember Dennis...).
I think Dennis like his Entermages more than his Antique Gears because every mook is using those damn machines. And because he finally became special and different. But looking at Sora, Serena and Barret, why the fucking hell does Dennis run those damn dogs?!

I wouldn't be surprised if Yuri's archetype is gonna called "Purple Villain" in contrast to all the HEROes.

LolsterXD97
24th October 2015, 12:00 AM
I think Dennis like his Entermages more than his Antique Gears because every mook is using those damn machines. And because he finally became special and different. But looking at Sora, Serena and Barret, why the fucking hell does Dennis run those damn dogs?!

I wouldn't be surprised if Yuri's archetype is gonna called "Purple Villain" in contrast to all the HEROes.

I would prefer a name like "Violet Kaiser", because of the references to "Kaiser Dragon" (Also if we remember "Violet Flash", we should expect Yuri to have something in his Archetype referencing to violet or having violet in their names). "The Imperial Knights" would also sound nice, even if it is a ripoff of "The Phantom Knights".

Crow the BOOLET
24th October 2015, 01:05 AM
One thing I've noticed is that Odd-Eyes and its counterparts are facing different directions

Odd-Eyes facing center, Dark Rebellion facing left, and Clear Wing facing right. It could be possible that Yuri's dragon's art will have it facing behind or some variation of it. It would be hilarious to for it to have an Akuma pose. It would probably have alternate art however to make it more presentable. It could also be like how Odd-Eyes' neck is curved to the right too and have it leaning towards the left.

Just a random thought.

ScionStorm
24th October 2015, 01:11 AM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/7/77/Zebediah_Killgrave_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

I would prefer a name like "Violet Kaiser", because of the references to "Kaiser Dragon" (Also if we remember "Violet Flash", we should expect Yuri to have something in his Archetype referencing to violet or having violet in their names). "The Imperial Knights" would also sound nice, even if it is a ripoff of "The Phantom Knights".

That is why I suggested the name Violet Conquest

LolsterXD97
24th October 2015, 01:15 AM
Here is my theory about Yuri's Fusion Dragon (And prepare for a text wall, since there is no spoilers to hide it):

First of all, what are the common traits of all the Dimensional Dragons?
-They have 2500 ATK and DEF.
-All of them, expect Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon which is Rank 4, are level 7.
-Their attack name have japanese words and english words (Rasen no Strike Burst, Hangyaku no Lightning Disobey, Senpuu no Hell Dive Slasher).
-The first word of their name describes the second (Odd-Eyes, Dark Rebellion, Clear Wing).
-All of them, barring Yugo's are DARK (Yuri's Dragon shadow hints DARK attribute).

Second, all of the previous dragons are very generic in a deck focused around their summon methods, so, how Konami would make a generic Fusion that any deck could use?

Candidates for materials in my opinion are:
-2 Monsters with different names (Possible since Yuya's Deck have a great number of monsters).
-2 Monsters with same names (Not very possible since Yuya's Deck doesn't run multiple copies of monsters, unless he uses Bot-Eyes again).
-2 Monsters (Nothing more generic that his could exist).
-2 DARK Monsters (Possible, Yuya runs a wide amount of DARK monsters, which are some of his Magicians, Odd-Eyes, Dark Rebellion, and his very nice Performapals like Silver Claw).

Probably to make it even more generic, it will also have an optional Contact Fusion Summoning Condition like Beast-Eyes, but that it will not have in the Anime, since all the Academia has a crush on normal Poly.

Third, all of them are related to ATK manipulation (Odd-Eyes doubles damage, Dark Rebellion is an OTK Machine, and Clear Wing is probably one of the few counters that OTK Machine can have by absorbing its own ATK), so Yuri's Dragon will probably have that and it will be in a cruel manner to reflect his bloodthirsty personality, probably lowering opponent's monster ATK, gain ATK and burn damage included (Since that would be overkill in Anime). Also is possible that Yuri's Dragon wil have a Continuous-Effect that will negate monster's effects, since that would be the only way to wreck Clear Wing (Unless they troll us and make it level 4).

Now some comparison about the Dragons and their owners:
Odd-Eyes and Clear Wing face to the right and Dark Rebellion to the left, so maybe Yuri's Dragon will face to the left:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/b/b3/OddEyesPendulumDragon-JP-Anime-AV.png/revision/latest?cb=20140413124617http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/9/96/DarkRebellionXyzDragon-JP-Anime-AV.png/revision/latest?cb=20140525090106http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/a/a0/ClearWingSynchroDragon-JP-Anime-AV.png/revision/latest?cb=20141228090047http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/8/82/YurisFusionDragon-JP-Anime-AV-NC.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20150315142128

Yuya and Yugo's chants are similar:
"Appear! Wondrous and beautiful dichromatic eyes! Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!"

"Spread those wondrous and beautiful wings and strike down your enemies at the speed of light! Synchro Summon! Appear now! Level 7! Clear Wing Synchro Dragon!"

Both of the chats talk about wondrous and beautiful "X" (Dichromatic eyes for Odd-Eyes and wings for Clear Wing).

And now let's take a look at Yuto's:
"Formed from pitch-black darkness, to fight those foolish enough to oppose it with its treacherous fangs! Now, descend! Xyz Summon! Appear! Rank 4! Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon!"

It doesn't talk about showing something or beauty, it talks about fight and opposition, so maybe Yuri's chant will have something relationed with the foolish opposition to being defeated by him and its Dragon (Related to Academia's way of thinking).

Yuya and Yugo have funny personallites, but when the momment arrives, they become serious, unlike Yuto and Yuri who always stays serious in their ways (Yuri enjoys his fun, but he doesn't let anyone interrupt his way, so he takes his missions seriously and only for him, he doesn't treat Dennis like trash, because he allows him to start his missions and have his fun, they may also be good friends).

The Dragons' names reflect traits:
-Odd-Eyes and Clear Wing's names reflect the same things that their Summoners says when reciting their chants (These odd dichromatic eyes, these clear wings).
-Dark Rebellion doesn't reflect a body part, it reflects something which is already happening in Xyz Dimension (Rebellion), so Yuri's Dragon will also reflect something happening in Fusion Dimmension (Oppresion, Imperial, Conquest, etc).

Each Dragon references an old monster:
Odd-Eyes' roar resembles Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon.
Dark Rebellion's roar is the same as Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon, and effect wise is a lot similar like Number 96: Dark Mist (A nod to Yuto being like a Dark Yuya).
Clear Wing's roar is the same as Utopic Dragon and it resembles Stardust Dragon, it hands resembles Shooting Quasar's ones and resembles maybe Turbo Warrior (Which was untargettable by the effects of level 6 or lower monsters, in this case, since Clear Wing has no OPT in his effect, it is virtually untargetable).
Yuri's Dragon shadow resembles Kaiser Dragon.

Now months ago, there was a rumored name for Yuri's Dragon: Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon, it would make sense since in his shadow we see its claws being more threathering than the ones of the other dragons, also the Imperial part would make sense because of Academia's castle aspect.

And now something curious: I have a theory about that the cut-off date of Shining Victories will be Episode 94, since there has been a pattern of 15 episodes for each pack (49 for CORE, 64 for DOCS and 79 for BOSH). Well, now that I remember, the first time we saw Yuri's Dragon was: Episode 47 (The half of 94).

Now I will show my expectations on the Fusion Dragon:

Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon
Level 7/ 2500 ATK/ 2000 DEF/ DARK/ Fusion
2 DARK Monsters
You can also Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by tributing the above cards you control (You do not use "Polymerization"). While this card is face-up on the field: Negate the effects of all other face-up level 5 or higher monsters on the field and this card gains these effects. Once per turn, during either's player turn: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field, except this card: Negate its effects and make its ATK 0, then this card gains that monster's effects and ATK equal to that monster's original ATK until the End Phase. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

At first sight, this would seem VERY OP, but story wise, it would make sense. First of all, this effect is a reference to the Anime Effect of "Number 69: Heraldry Crest". Remember when Neo Galaxy-Eyes was reffered as the "Number Killer"? Well, this Number killed that Numbers Killer by using its own effects against it, it would fit Yuri and his personality of "Opposition is foolish". Imagine Yugo summoning Clear Wing against Yuri, which was already a nice monster killer in the Anime that also has the edge against Fusions, but then Yuri with a malefic smile brings his dragon and drains Clear Wing's effects and use it in his favor to win the duel, that would make Yugo look desesperate, hopeless, spechless and defeated by the effect of his own monster, it would fit Yuri's malicious personality.

Ok, now its all left to your interpretation, let's hope we will have the Dragon at Shining Victories, or if we will have to wait more (And I hope the wait is worth it).

KingJinzo
24th October 2015, 10:08 PM
-Their attack name have japanese words and english words (Rasen no Strike Burst, Hangyaku no Lightning Disobey, Hell Dive Whirlmind Slasher).

Senpuu no Hell Dive Slasher.

LolsterXD97
24th October 2015, 10:26 PM
Senpuu no Hell Dive Slasher.

Thx for that, will correct it right now.

KingKaash
26th October 2015, 01:38 AM

This 100%! Violet Kaiser would be perfect and fits really well! And the Imperial Knights would still be a great alternative.

KingKaash
26th October 2015, 01:41 AM

I doubt Reiji will use a dragon. D/D/D are based on rulers. And Yuri using Ancient Gear like Dennis was more of a joke. He should definitely use his own archetype. I expect the Fusion Dragon to require 2 DARK monsters myself

KingJinzo
26th October 2015, 01:52 AM
I doubt Reiji will use a dragon. D/D/D are based on rulers. And Yuri using Ancient Gear like Dennis was more of a joke. He should definitely use his own archetype. I expect the Fusion Dragon to require 2 DARK monsters myself

Yuya used Odd-Eyes Saber, maybe Reiji will use Pendragon for once at least. He can at least use dragon-like Fiends that are still based on rulers. Well, Pendragon is of course a pun and works well with Saber as an overall Fate/stay night reference.

That's it. Reiji's ultimate card will be the King of Heroes, Gilgamesh. "D/D/D/ Eiyuoh Gilgamesh". A 2/3 God Card^^

LolsterXD97
26th October 2015, 01:53 AM

Dragon rulers . I also expect the Dragon to require 2 DARK monsters, since all of Yuya's Magicians, except Creation/Xiangsheng are DARK.

KingKaash
26th October 2015, 01:59 AM
Yuya used Odd-Eyes Saber, maybe Reiji will use Pendragon for once at least. He can at least use dragon-like Fiends that are still based on rulers. Well, Pendragon is of course a pun and works well with Saber as an overall Fate/stay night reference.

That's it. Reiji's ultimate card will be the King of Heroes, Gilgamesh. "D/D/D/ Eiyuoh Gilgamesh". A 2/3 God Card^^

I forgot about Pendragon. Ok so he might be able to pull off the 3-headed rival Dragon. Haha Gilgamesh! I still remember learning about him all the way back in 6th grade since his name was so funny

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon rulers . I also expect the Dragon to require 2 DARK monsters, since all of Yuya's Magicians, except Creation/Xiangsheng are DARK.

Haha if he used Dragon Rulers...oh my. Right I think it has to be two Dark monsters to work with Yuya's deck as well. I think Super Poly can make a reappearance. Maybe. In order to fuse Odd-Eyes and Yuri's Fusion Dragon

LolsterXD97
26th October 2015, 02:02 AM
I forgot about Pendragon. Ok so he might be able to pull off the 3-headed rival Dragon. Haha Gilgamesh! I still remember learning about him all the way back in 6th grade since his name was so funny

- - - Updated - - -

Haha if he used Dragon Rulers...oh my. Right I think it has to be two Dark monsters to work with Yuya's deck as well. I think Super Poly can make a reappearance. Maybe. In order to fuse Odd-Eyes and Yuri's Fusion Dragon

I still remember that map at LDS that said: "Super Fusion Theory", "Fudo Solitary Style" and "Card Creation Theory"

Comun
26th October 2015, 02:25 AM
I thought of Hell Kaiser Fusion Dragon for the Kaiser Dragon joke with a nice GX reference to go along with it. Of course, I don't really believe that's an actually possible name despite how much I like it.

The format is <fancy name for the card frame color> + <another word> + <summon type> + Dragon, so I guess Violet Conquest Fusion Dragon is the best we got in this thread so far.

Passerby
26th October 2015, 07:49 AM
Violet Kaiser would be a great name for Yuri's cards. Given Academia's evil nature, we could also call them the Imperial Crusaders.

Now this is just me messing around, but what if Yuri's dragon referenced both Contact Fusion and Super Polymerization simultaneously? The contact fusion would be optional like Beast-Eyes, giving him the ability to Poly it if need be, BUT the big catch is he may use a dark monster(s) on his opponent's side of the field for the summon with or in place of his own monster (s). This would give him a clear advantage against Yuya and makes a clear case for how Yuto would have trouble with him. This is a fairly broken summon ability though, so hopefully it doesn't turn out this messed up (on top of whatever else it could possibly do).

KingKaash
26th October 2015, 10:18 PM
I still remember that map at LDS that said: "Super Fusion Theory", "Fudo Solitary Style" and "Card Creation Theory"

Yes! Rise Supreme King Yuya. Or will it be Supreme King Yuri? Either way I liked the concept of Super Poly. Imagine the fusion of Yuri's Dragon and Odd-Eyes being used by Yuri. Like some Odd-Eyes Rebellion equivalent going against Yuya

KingKaash
26th October 2015, 10:26 PM
Violet Kaiser would be a great name for Yuri's cards. Given Academia's evil nature, we could also call them the Imperial Crusaders.

Now this is just me messing around, but what if Yuri's dragon referenced both Contact Fusion and Super Polymerization simultaneously? The contact fusion would be optional like Beast-Eyes, giving him the ability to Poly it if need be, BUT the big catch is he may use a dark monster(s) on his opponent's side of the field for the summon with or in place of his own monster (s). This would give him a clear advantage against Yuya and makes a clear case for how Yuto would have trouble with him. This is a fairly broken summon ability though, so hopefully it doesn't turn out this messed up (on top of whatever else it could possibly do).

Yea give Lolster credit for Violet Kaiser. I think that's awesome! And hmm that would certainly be a quick summoning method that could also tie in with how evil Yuri is. It's kind of similar in concept to Number c101 stealing the opponents monsters or how the new Kaiju monsters steal opponents monsters to summon themselves. That's definitely a route that could be used.

And it's something I noticed that I think you noticed too. Yugo's Clear Wing Synchro Dragon can give Odd-Eyes and Yuri's Fusion dragon fits because they are Level monsters. And it's ironic because that means that Yuto should've been able to crush Yugo with Dark Rebellion and yet Yugo ends up beating Yuto too (because Yuto basically gave up sadly).

KingJinzo
26th October 2015, 11:33 PM

This would be similar to Kaiser's Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, which would be another good reference to Kaiser. (Kaiser and Edo are much better than Manjoume.) But I think that the Fusion Dragon would be a regular Polymerization monster, while its evolution can involve Contact Fusion. After all, the three dragons should have at least Rank-Up, Accel Synchro and Contact Fusion upgrades.

I guess Yuya's Fusion Pendulum should be easier to summon than Odd-Eyes Rebellion and the Synchro Pendulum. The Fusion Materials of that dragon might be specific, maybe it have to be exactly Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and the Fusion Dragon, but since Odd-Eyes Fusion is easily searchable, the Fusion Pendulum should not be as difficult to summon as the other two. The second-to-weirdest part might be a hypothetical Ritual Pendulum dragon.

LolsterXD97
27th October 2015, 12:39 AM
This would be similar to Kaiser's Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, which would be another good reference to Kaiser. (Kaiser and Edo are much better than Manjoume.) But I think that the Fusion Dragon would be a regular Polymerization monster, while its evolution can involve Contact Fusion. After all, the three dragons should have at least Rank-Up, Accel Synchro and Contact Fusion upgrades.

I guess Yuya's Fusion Pendulum should be easier to summon than Odd-Eyes Rebellion and the Synchro Pendulum. The Fusion Materials of that dragon might be specific, maybe it have to be exactly Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and the Fusion Dragon, but since Odd-Eyes Fusion is easily searchable, the Fusion Pendulum should not be as difficult to summon as the other two. The second-to-weirdest part might be a hypothetical Ritual Pendulum dragon.

I would prefer Yuri to use his personal Fusion Card as a Super Poly reincarnation (But his Dragon could have the optional Contact Fusion though), if Violet Flash is a thing, then he should have a Violet Fusion too (With Super Poly effect plz).

ScionStorm
28th October 2015, 03:24 AM
I liked using "Conquest" instead of "Kaiser" because Yuto's dragon is called "Dark Rebellion" and not "Dark Rebel". Also, Conquest is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Although I did have a loose theory about Yuya and the Horsemen. Yuya representing War and his dragon representing War's "Red Horse". At first I thought Yuto would represent the horseman of Death because of his Phantom Knights and what later happened, but his dragon is darker colored. And only Famine rides a dark horse-though Famine is better represented by Yugo and his world. Death, of course, rides the "Pale" horse. Which isn't considered "white". The "white" horse belongs to Conquest. The "pale" horse is more of a sickly pallid hue. Anyway, who knows. Yuya and his dupes may end up becoming the interdimensional horsemen of the Yugioh-apocalypse and their dragons may end up being their horses by the end after all.

Indytotof
28th October 2015, 04:53 PM
The second-to-weirdest part might be a hypothetical Ritual Pendulum dragon.

Plot twist: Due to being forgotten, the Ritual Dimension was being everything, controlling Academia in secret.

Comun
28th October 2015, 08:08 PM
How about this: 2 monsters. Must be Fusion Summoned with Polymerization and cannot be Special Summoned by other "Fusion" spell cards.

LolsterXD97
28th October 2015, 08:13 PM
How about this: 2 monsters. Must be Fusion Summoned with Polymerization and cannot be Special Summoned by other "Fusion" spell cards.

That would conflict with Violet Flash since it supports all the "Fusion" cards and even Obelisk Force and Sora have alternatives when Fusion Summoning a monster (Ancient Gear Hound Dog, Chaos Fusion, Rebirth Fusion, Frightfur Factory, Frightfur Fusion, Frightfur March).

KingJinzo
28th October 2015, 10:25 PM

That's not really generic if it could only be summoned by Polymerization. You have to consider that it's very likely that Yuya will play the dragon as well. Since he doesn't run a Polymerization (yet), he could not rely on Mammoth Splash, Trump Witch and Trump Girl to summon it. The dragon has to be that generic that even Yuya can play this card. In an Odd-Eyes deck, of course you would summon it with Odd-Eyes Fusion.

Hope in the Interstice
28th October 2015, 11:12 PM
That's not really generic if it could only be summoned by Polymerization. You have to consider that it's very likely that Yuya will play the dragon as well. Since he doesn't run a Polymerization (yet), he could not rely on Mammoth Splash, Trump Witch and Trump Girl to summon it. The dragon has to be that generic that even Yuya can play this card. In an Odd-Eyes deck, of course you would summon it with Odd-Eyes Fusion.
Actually, if it's Polymerization, it's still very generic. Clear Wing still relies on you being able to get out Level 7 Synchros, Dark Rebellion still counts on two Level 4s, Odd-Eyes needs a Scale of 8 (of which we don't have a good generic one yet)... This guy should use Polymerisation.

Dyson Sphere
28th October 2015, 11:17 PM
you guys need to stop talking about this like yuyas the one using it. its yuri using it, i know you guys think yugo and yuri will die and the 4 yus will become one but lets just see what happens and stop thinking about yuya using it

Yuya
28th October 2015, 11:24 PM
I've heard the name "Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon" being tossed around in corners of the internet. Could be a possibility p.s. inb4 Imperial claw fusion dragon is the actual name.

- - - Updated - - -

Plot twist: Due to being forgotten, the Ritual Dimension was being everything, controlling Academia in secret.

MOTHER OF ALL PLOT TWISTS!

KingJinzo
29th October 2015, 12:57 AM
you guys need to stop talking about this like yuyas the one using it. its yuri using it, i know you guys think yugo and yuri will die and the 4 yus will become one but lets just see what happens and stop thinking about yuya using it
It's obvious that he will get it eventually in the future. Not only Dark Rebellion is a big indicator, Odd-Eyes Rebellion does as well. Unless Yuri suddenly runs Pendulum Cards in his deck and creates a Fusion Pendulum out of nowhere, it's very likely that Synchro Pendulums and Fusion Pendulums will be created at some point. If not, than having an Xyz Pendulum is just very odd. Although, I admit, Yuri could just "super poly" his dragon with Yuya's.

Volteccer
13th November 2015, 11:11 PM
It's obvious that he will get it eventually in the future. Not only Dark Rebellion is a big indicator, Odd-Eyes Rebellion does as well. Unless Yuri suddenly runs Pendulum Cards in his deck and creates a Fusion Pendulum out of nowhere, it's very likely that Synchro Pendulums and Fusion Pendulums will be created at some point. If not, than having an Xyz Pendulum is just very odd. Although, I admit, Yuri could just "super poly" his dragon with Yuya's.

Plot twist: Yuri absorbs Yugo, and makes a Fusion Synchro Monster. Contact fusion between a tuner and a non-tuner that also counts as a synchro summon.

ScionStorm
13th November 2015, 11:30 PM
Plot twist: Yuri absorbs Yugo, and makes a Fusion Synchro Monster. Contact fusion between a tuner and a non-tuner that also counts as a synchro summon.

Because Miracle Synchro Fusion didn't just get a reprint.

Sanokal
14th November 2015, 12:37 AM
I've heard the name "Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon" being tossed around in corners of the internet. Could be a possibility p.s. inb4 Imperial claw fusion dragon is the actual name.

Part of a fake preview I think.

LolsterXD97
14th November 2015, 01:25 AM
Just noticed that maybe Yuri's Dragon will be suffering of C107's Syndrome and may appear by the final arc.

KingJinzo
15th November 2015, 11:56 PM
Just noticed that maybe Yuri's Dragon will be suffering of C107's Syndrome and may appear by the final arc.

No! Please not be like Neo-Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon!

ScionStorm
16th November 2015, 12:03 AM
We'll see it some time within the next 6 months. He'll probably appear again near the climax for this season and his deck will be fleshed out just enough in time for the 5th Booster SP. By then we should be into Fusion Dimension territory.

KingKaash
2nd December 2015, 05:40 AM
I did read most of the post for this thread awhile back but now I forgot. But what if Yuri's Fusion Dragon requires two Fusion monsters? It sounds like a lot but Yuri is the elite Duel Soldier of Academia

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 09:31 AM
I did read most of the post for this thread awhile back but now I forgot. But what if Yuri's Fusion Dragon requires two Fusion monsters? It sounds like a lot but Yuri is the elite Duel Soldier of Academia

Look at Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing. They are generic. Requiring two Fusion Monsters would be generic in the sense it doesn't require specific monsters, but it would need a lot of set-up.
Yuri may be the elite Duel Soldier of Academia, but his dragon will be as generic as the others. Though I don't know what the dragon could use as materials. Maybe two Dragons, or one Dragon and something else, or something like that.

Lightning Laxus
8th December 2015, 03:32 AM
These are some quite interesting ideas. I do agree on Fusion Dragon should be generic and should have something to do with Level 5 or higher monsters, but remember that all the other dragons only have 1 (monster) effect in the anime.

For the Fusion Materials, it cannot be something like "1 monster + 1 monster" because that would conflict with monsters that cannot be used as Fusion Material. If the Materials for Fusion Dragon is just any random monster, then attempting to use an opponent's face-down monster, which turned out to be a Duston, would be weird. Dustons have a Continuous Effect of being unable to be Tributed while they're face-up to avoid this exact problem: your opponent tries to Tribute a face-down Duston for a Kaiju only to realize they can't, and it becomes awkward.

Anyway, generic as possible + specifics for Material so that you can't use an opponent's face-down monster + something to do with LV5 or higher monsters + one effect–only + something threatening and Fusion-related ...

[Imperial Claw] Fusion Dragon
Level 7/[DARK]/Dragon/Fusion/Effect
ATK/2500 DEF/2000
1 Level 5 or higher monster + 1 or more Effect Monsters
This card gains the original effects of all the Fusion Materials used for its Fusion Summon.

Lot's of fun things can happen with this card. Who knows, maybe a certain little Fusion card could appear in ARC-V. Something ... "Super."

Dyson Sphere
8th December 2015, 03:45 AM
how about this,
can only be summoned by fusion summon and cannot be summoned by any other ways. the fusion materials for this card are any 2 monsters on either side of the field, when this card is summoned make all monsters your opponent currently controls attack 0 and if you do inflict damage = to the strongest monsters original attack

Yuuri
8th December 2015, 05:05 AM
Though I know its effect, I have not physically appeared since episode 47. Therefore, I will provide my take on the card effect(s).

Must first be Fusion Summoned. You can only use the (3) effect once per turn. (1)When this card is summoned: negate the effects of all cards the opponent controls until the End Phase. (2)When this card inflicts battle damage to the opponent: banish 1 monster in their Graveyard; and if you do, inflict damage to their LP equal to half of the banished monster's ATK. (3)During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard: Banish 1 Fusion Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card to your side of the field.

Dread Kaiser
8th December 2015, 06:05 AM
I want to see this somewhere in its effect

Summon 1 Dragon Fusion monster from your Extra deck
and have Yuri summon Kaiser Dragon so that theory comes full circle

ScionStorm
8th December 2015, 07:15 AM
I want to see this somewhere in its effect

and have Yuri summon Kaiser Dragon so that theory comes full circle

Kaiser Dragon into Yuri's Dragon. Would be so cool.

LolsterXD97
20th December 2015, 09:23 AM
We have the name: Starve Venom Fusion Dragon. And it is Level 8 and DARK.

Zarkiel
20th December 2015, 09:25 AM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Stab_Venom_Fusion_Dragon

Odd name, but it doesn't follow the level 7 pattern so perhaps it has a three headed version.

LolsterXD97
20th December 2015, 09:26 AM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Stab_Venom_Fusion_Dragon

Odd name, but it doesn't follow the level 7 pattern so perhaps it has a three headed version.

Hyped as fuck, 1 Level higher means more power.

Zarkiel
20th December 2015, 09:33 AM
Hyped as fuck, 1 Level higher means more power.

Its either the evolved form already, or he's like zane and mizael which means the villian has the 3-headed dragon. either way, the dragons are supposed to represent the person a little bit, so stab clearly shows what yuri is into. Maybe he's going to be the bakura/vector.

LolsterXD97
20th December 2015, 09:36 AM
Its either the evolved form already, or he's like zane and mizael which means the villian has the 3-headed dragon. either way, the dragons are supposed to represent the person a little bit, so stab clearly shows what yuri is into. Maybe he's going to be the bakura/vector.

It would be strange being a evolution, it is the normal Dragons that react to the others and Yuuri looked at this one in this episode.

KingJinzo
20th December 2015, 11:22 AM
Level 8... honestly, the ATK and DEF can be everything. From 2500 to 3000. Oddly enough, Stab Venom is now part of the Venom archetype (used by Crobra/Viper), while Clear Wing (Kuria) is not part of the Clear archetype (Kuriaa).

The Sonic Duck
20th December 2015, 01:25 PM
Level 8... honestly, the ATK and DEF can be everything. From 2500 to 3000. Oddly enough, Stab Venom is now part of the Venom archetype (used by Crobra/Viper), while Clear Wing (Kuria) is not part of the Clear archetype (Kuriaa).
So Yuuri's gonna use reptiles? I'm fine with that.

LolsterXD97
20th December 2015, 01:38 PM
So Yuuri's gonna use reptiles? I'm fine with that.

Well, "Clear Wing" was part of the "Clear" archetype (EDIT: It wasn't, just an overlooking in my part), but his "Speedroid" monsters weren't, so "Starve Venom" can be from the "Venom" archetype, but Yuri will use another cross archetype (However, it may still be Reptiles, but I don't remember another GX Character which used Reptiles besides Cobra).

KingJinzo
20th December 2015, 05:17 PM
Well, "Clear Wing" was part of the "Clear" series, but his "Speedroid" monsters weren't, so "Starve Venom" can be from the "Venom" series, but Yuri will use another cross Archetype (However, it may still be Reptiles, but I don't remember another GX Character which used Reptiles besides Cobra).

No, Clear Wing is not a Clear monster. The romanji of the Clear series are "Kuriaa", while Clear Wing's romanji are "Kuriawingu". The A in the Clear series is longer than the "Clear" in Clear Wing. That's why Clear Wing would never be supported by Clear support because the katakana of Clear Wing is one character too short.

LolsterXD97
20th December 2015, 05:20 PM
No, Clear Wing is not a Clear monster. The romanji of the Clear series are "Kuriaa", while Clear Wing's romanji are "Kuriawingu". The A in the Clear series is longer than the "Clear" in Clear Wing. That's why Clear Wing would never be supported by Clear support because the katakana of Clear Wing is one character too short.

How the hell I forgot the wikia had that warning... Well, in the case of Starve Venom, it is a "Venom" monster indeed. Let's see what Yuri will play in upcoming episodes and if it is related to the "Venom" archetype or not, ignoring his Dragon.

P.S: For me, Starve Venom being Level 8 is a reference to Flame Wingman which was originally a Level 8 in GX before it changed to its TCG/OCG counterpart.

Zarkiel
20th December 2015, 08:32 PM
The venom parts probably a reference to viper. Hopefully yuri doesn't use ancient gears. that would be a huge letdown.

King
20th December 2015, 09:18 PM
Picturing Yuri using reptile monsters is not hard his dragon also have a Snake-like appearance, but i hope the summon condition do not match with wath i said since all of his counterparts are extremely generic, i hope his summon condition is something like "You can tribute 2 monsters with the same Atrribute and/or same type from your side of field to special summon this card"

LolsterXD97
31st January 2016, 09:39 AM
Starve Venom looks like a devil if I'm allowed to say that (I cannot post the image since I'm on phone, but it is in wikia). Also, the shadow served for nothing since instead of being a snake, is Dark Rebellion but more devilish and BIGGER horns. And it has 2800 ATK.

Zarkiel
31st January 2016, 09:54 AM
Starve venom looks an evil odd-eyes. Now I would just like to see its summoning conditions.

Devocrown
31st January 2016, 10:22 AM
Nothing to see here, messed up post

Devocrown
31st January 2016, 10:25 AM
http://board.futakuro.com/jk2/src/1454230459841.jpg

btw, took me forever to do the spoiler tag ;-;

Baroque
31st January 2016, 10:35 AM
Starve Venom looks like a devil if I'm allowed to say that (I cannot post the image since I'm on phone, but it is in wikia). Also, the shadow served for nothing since instead of being a snake, is Dark Rebellion but more devilish and BIGGER horns. And it has 2800 ATK.

I kinda went a little overboard on this topic in the spoiler in the Glow-Up announcement thread (I still kept on topic, though, no worries), but I'm tempted to say that Starve Venom's appearance in the show may mean one of two things -- more in the spoiler in case I accidentally trip on a spoiler.
1) In addition to throwing previously established trends on stats out a window, they also threw out previously established trends on glowy silhouettes -- Clear Wing clearly resembled its glowy silhouette, but Starve Venom resembles its silhouette in much the way Ecce Homo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecce_Homo_(El%C3%ADas_Garc%C3%ADa_Mart%C3%ADnez)) was successfully restored (for how that went, a quick Google should suffice). I'd be a bit miffed if that happened, to be honest.

2) The appearance of Starve Venom might be more proof towards its being an upgraded form of the Fusion Dragon; after all, they (it and the Glowy Purple Fusion Dragon Silhouette) really do look wildly different from one another, between the different limbs (from three-taloned claws and no legs to five-clawed hands and actual legs) and the differences in the limbs they share (compare their heads and wings, especially the lack of horns on the head), and as Beast-Eyes shows it's possible to make an upgraded form with relatively generic materials (plus Fusion Tag shows that it's possible to cook up an effect to make it having less-generic materials less of a problem). All in all, it all just seems very, very likely to me.

What do you guys think on the matter? Or did me skipping to the end to post here also skip a discussion on this?

Devocrown
31st January 2016, 10:46 AM
I mean to be fair, the show nor any sources actually said that the silhouette was Starve Venom. We kinda of just assumed after seeing Clear Wings silhouette

Also http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh-arcv/images/8/81/Arc_V_Clear_Wing_Synchro_Dragon_Silhouette.png/revision/latest?cb=20150729093456

While it does look like Clear Wing, you can tell that there was some slight differences

My theory is that all of the silhouettes we've seen thus far were just placeholders for the actual design

Baroque
31st January 2016, 11:54 AM
While it does look like Clear Wing, you can tell that there was some slight differences
I'll grant 'slight differences', but compared to the Fusion Dragon silhouette there's a lot more that's blindingly similar between Clear Wing Synchro Dragon and Glowy White Synchro Dragon than between Starve Venom Fusion Dragon and Glowy Purple Fusion Dragon.

My theory is that all of the silhouettes we've seen thus far were just placeholders for the actual design
That is entirely possible, all things considered, even if Starve Venom proves to be an upgraded form -- it would not surprise me if the Fusion Dragon was still in development back then.

I still legitimately hope that Starve Venom ends up being an upgraded form, to be honest, between how wildly different Starve Venom is from the other three Dragons' base forms and how wildly different Starve Venom is from the purple silhouette (see my prior Ecce Homo remark).

LolsterXD97
31st January 2016, 12:00 PM
I believe Starve Venom isn't an upgrade, because all the time the original forms of the Dragons were the ones that resonated and not the evolutions (have fun censoring Starve Venom 4KMedia, it is worse than Frightfurs).

yshipster
31st January 2016, 12:08 PM
So now that we saw a bit of him, do you think Starve Venoms Fusion materials are:
- 2 Plant-type monsters
- 2 [Insert Attribute of the Predator Plants (most likely DARK)] monsters (my suggestion)
?

Also I'm pretty sure that it isn't an upgraded form of the original Fusion dragon, since it does not need the original dragon as a Fusion Material. The increased stats might result from the fact, that a Fusion Summon is more difficult to perform than Synchro or Xyz, since you need Polymerization in addition to the 2 materials, so it's 1 card more you have to invest to summon him, compared with Clear Wing and Dark Rebellion. Also Clear Wing and Dark Rebellion have effects to easily overcome strong monsters, but Starve Venom should still be able to defeat those two because of the before mentioned higher costs.

King
31st January 2016, 12:17 PM
First of all, Starve Venon is not that skinny hinting he was upgraded. Now the question is his original ATK 2800 or was buffed ? If so i can consider Starve Venon as upgrade to the orginal Fusion Dragon, Academia may have enough technogy for that, Reiji had it to upgrade his D/Ds so do Leo.

Just Keep in mind i did not watched the episode so i dont konw futher deatails

LolsterXD97
31st January 2016, 12:23 PM
First of all, Starve Venon is not that skinny hinting he was upgraded. Now the question is his original ATK 2800 or was buffed ? If so i can consider Starve Venon as upgrade to the orginal Fusion Dragon, Academia may have enough technogy for that, Reiji had it to upgrade his D/Ds so do Leo.

Just Keep in mind i did not watched the episode so i dont konw futher deatails

His original ATK is 2800. And I'm not surprised by this, because the Writers also broke the Yuzus' pattern too. At least it is beautiful in a twisted way.

Eerie Code
31st January 2016, 01:35 PM
So now that we saw a bit of him, do you think Starve Venoms Fusion materials are:
- 2 Plant-type monsters
- 2 [Insert Attribute of the Predator Plants (most likely DARK)] monsters (my suggestion)
?

Also I'm pretty sure that it isn't an upgraded form of the original Fusion dragon, since it does not need the original dragon as a Fusion Material. The increased stats might result from the fact, that a Fusion Summon is more difficult to perform than Synchro or Xyz, since you need Polymerization in addition to the 2 materials, so it's 1 card more you have to invest to summon him, compared with Clear Wing and Dark Rebellion. Also Clear Wing and Dark Rebellion have effects to easily overcome strong monsters, but Starve Venom should still be able to defeat those two because of the before mentioned higher costs.Considering how the other dragons had no particular requirements, and assuming that SV will end up in Yuya's hands eventually, I'd exclude the first possibility, it's too specific. My theory is "2 monsters with the same Type and Attribute": not extremely easy to summon like it would be with a specific Attribute, but still generic enough that can be used even with other archetypes. I wish the Duel Juku gave us something more, though...

Baroque
31st January 2016, 10:14 PM
Also I'm pretty sure that it isn't an upgraded form of the original Fusion dragon, since it does not need the original dragon as a Fusion Material.

Except that Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon also doesn't need the original dragon as a Fusion Material -- even though it's more lax about what it needs in the actual card game, as in the anime it apparently needs a "Pendulum Dragon" monster instead of a DARK Dragon -- so Starve Venom might be similar in having a lax material requirement for the Fusion Dragon's half of the fusion. The possibility is still out there, at least until we get clear confirmation that it IS (or isn't) the base after all.

LolsterXD97
31st January 2016, 10:24 PM
Starve Venom's upgrade would require a Fusion Monster just like Crystal Wing required a Synchro Monster as the non-Tuner Material (I still don't understand why some people still think that Starve Venom is an upgrade when it was Summoned with such ease and upgrades in Arc-V require Summon laddering). I still find hilarious that 2 Plants equal an Evil Dragon.

King
31st January 2016, 10:30 PM
Starve Venom's upgrade would require a Fusion Monster just like Crystal Wing required a Synchro Monster as the non-Tuner Material (I still don't understand why some people still think that Starve Venom is an upgrade when it was Summoned with such ease). I still find hilarious that 2 Plants equal an Evil Dragon.

Its just theory, but if this is a Upgrade of the original one, its materials might became more specific like 2 monsters with the same Attribute and Type at the same time

LolsterXD97
31st January 2016, 10:34 PM
Its just theory, but if this is a Upgrade of the original one, its materials might became more specific like 2 monsters with the same Attribute and Type at the same time

Or make it the most generic Fusion of all times by just listing "2 monsters" as Fusion Materials.

King
31st January 2016, 10:36 PM
Or make it the most generic Fusion of all times by just listing "2 monsters" as Fusion Materials.

2 Monsters to Summon him, will be nice

Jakinus
31st January 2016, 10:40 PM
Or two monsters with the same Type/Attribute.

Baroque
31st January 2016, 10:48 PM
when it was Summoned with such ease and upgrades in Arc-V require Summon laddering
Again, Beast-Eyes would like to have a word with you on that; even its anime materials are simple enough that Yuya could, were it not for the show being showy, activate Poly and dump the materials from-hand to get the end result. There's no real way to say for certainty that Starve's the original until it's outright stated to be such, really.

LolsterXD97
31st January 2016, 10:52 PM
Again, Beast-Eyes would like to have a word with you on that; even its anime materials are simple enough that Yuya could, were it not for the show being showy, activate Poly and dump the materials from-hand to get the end result. There's no real way to say for certainty that Starve's the original until it's outright stated to be such, really.

Yuya always Pendulum Summoned the Materials for his Dragons before Summoning them, because he only has cards to Fusion in the field (it isn't called Pendulum-Fusion without having a reason), so he is technically laddering from Pendulum to Fusion (which is like I said, the way that evolutions in Arc-V are Summoned, laddering from a Summon to another Summon). Even the Anime effects of Beast-Eyes and Rune-Eyes say you need to control the Fusion Materials for their effects to trigger (Beast-Eyes to deal damage equal to the ATK of the controlled Beast-Type monster and Rune-Eyes multi-attacks monsters according to the Level of the controled Spellcaster-Type monster), so he needs to Pendulum Summon first before Summoning them to have them doing something besides being vainillas. And Starve Venom IS the base form, because the evolutions NEVER resonated, only the original Dragons did.

Dyson Sphere
31st January 2016, 11:21 PM
for super generic have materials be any 2 monsters

Baroque
1st February 2016, 12:48 AM
Yuya always Pendulum Summoned the Materials for his Dragons before Summoning them, because he only has cards to Fusion in the field (it isn't called Pendulum-Fusion without having a reason), so he is technically laddering from Pendulum to Fusion (which is like I said, the way that evolutions in Arc-V are Summoned, laddering from a Summon to another Summon). Even the Anime effects of Beast-Eyes and Rune-Eyes say you need to control the Fusion Materials for their effects to trigger (Beast-Eyes to deal damage equal to the ATK of the controlled Beast-Type monster and Rune-Eyes multi-attacks monsters according to the Level of the controled Spellcaster-Type monster), so he needs to Pendulum Summon first before Summoning them to have them doing something besides being vainillas.
They might be effectless without having the monsters out, and Yuya's Fusion Summoning methods might require his monsters to be on-field (barring the Poly he accidentally had for the Rune-Eyes duel), but that doesn't mean that the Fusions themselves absolutely positively require 'laddering' as you call it; it's still mechanically possible to make it without on-field materials, even if Yuya can't or shouldn't. Plus, I feel I should say . . .

And Starve Venom IS the base form, because the evolutions NEVER resonated, only the original Dragons did.
That it has to be the base form and can't be an upgraded form based on the simple fact that it not being the base form would defy certain previously-established story conventions doesn't exactly feel very solid to me when that being the case would mean it is itself defying previously-established mechanical conventions -- either one of us could be right, but saying one of us is right because of one set of conventions being more correct than the other rings a bit hollow to me.

I still believe that Starve Venom is more likely to be an upgraded form of the base dragon, however, because even when one disregards previously established trends regarding the other Dimension Dragons, there's no real getting around the fact that even if the silhouette of the Fusion Dragon from the tournament was merely a placeholder for the in-the-works dragon, there's still a lot about it that doesn't match up with Starve Venom -- no horns, differently-shaped head, vastly different forelimbs, no legs VS actual legs, and vastly different wings between the two, just to name the obvious ones. Unless an official source unquestionably tosses the 'upgrade' theory out the window, I'm inclined to stick to this belief for the reasons I've stated (though, if one does show up to prove it as the base form, I'll accept it and lament the missed opportunity).

LolsterXD97
1st February 2016, 01:14 AM
They might be effectless without having the monsters out, and Yuya's Fusion Summoning methods might require his monsters to be on-field (barring the Poly he accidentally had for the Rune-Eyes duel), but that doesn't mean that the Fusions themselves absolutely positively require 'laddering' as you call it; it's still mechanically possible to make it without on-field materials, even if Yuya can't or shouldn't. Plus, I feel I should say . . .

Yeah, Summoning the Fusions is possible to Yuya if he techs a Poly and uses Materials from the hand, but that isn't the correct way of using them since they gain their effects when the Materials are on the field (its like not using a Dragon-Type Xyz for Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon). You can Summon them by a normal Fusion Summon using Materials from the hand, but it isn't the correct way of using them since they are made to be used along with Pendulum Summon (Irl and Anime), for one reason they have "Pendulum Dragon" in their names. And by "laddering", I mean going from a boss to another boss, just like Synchro Dimension duelists who go from a Synchro to a bigger Synchro or Academia duelists which fuse Fusions with other monsters to create bigger Fusions; it is the same with Yuya or Reiji with Pendulum Summoning monsters and then go with the shitstorm of Extra Deck Summons.

That it has to be the base form and can't be an upgraded form based on the simple fact that it not being the base form would defy certain previously-established story conventions doesn't exactly feel very solid to me when that being the case would mean it is itself defying previously-established mechanical conventions -- either one of us could be right, but saying one of us is right because of one set of conventions being more correct than the other rings a bit hollow to me.

I still believe that Starve Venom is more likely to be an upgraded form of the base dragon, however, because even when one disregards previously established trends regarding the other Dimension Dragons, there's no real getting around the fact that even if the silhouette of the Fusion Dragon from the tournament was merely a placeholder for the in-the-works dragon, there's still a lot about it that doesn't match up with Starve Venom -- no horns, differently-shaped head, vastly different forelimbs, no legs VS actual legs, and vastly different wings between the two, just to name the obvious ones. Unless an official source unquestionably tosses the 'upgrade' theory out the window, I'm inclined to stick to this belief for the reasons I've stated (though, if one does show up to prove it as the base form, I'll accept it and lament the missed opportunity).

I still defend that Starve Venom is the base form because of what I said in the other post about it resonating with the other Dragons (because again, the evolutions never resonated, only the base ones), the ease in its Summoning, and also the fact that the upgrades of the Dimensional Dragons always had 3000 ATK and no less (Starve Venom's upgrade might have 3300 ATK if the trend goes). I believe the shadow was a either an upgrade or a place holder for Starve Venom's final design (I also admit the shadow was way too different to the final design of Starve Venom, it must have been either an upgrade of it or a place holder while they were thinking if its final design).

P.S: Also, all the Dragons had something which didn't make sense with the pattern, just that Starve Venom happened to have 1 more characteristic that counters the pattern.

P.S 2: Starve Venom having higher stats might compensate for being a Fusion and indicating that it is the strongest one of the 4 Dragons.

Baconator
1st February 2016, 01:18 AM

The biggest thing to me is the 2800 original atk. I could see the attack of the base dragon being 3000 to show Yuri's stronger than the rest, but 2800 just feels too random for it to not be an upgraded form.

KingJinzo
2nd February 2016, 05:17 PM
The biggest thing to me is the 2800 original atk. I could see the attack of the base dragon being 3000 to show Yuri's stronger than the rest, but 2800 just feels too random for it to not be an upgraded form.

2800 ATK fits. Three of Odd-Eyes alternate forms have them (keep in mind that those are just alternate forms of Odd-Eyes Pendulum, not its upgrades; they're the upgrades of the original Odd-Eyes Dragon). Magician of Black Chaos, Red-Eyes Metal, the two forms of Shark Drake, three of the Chaos Over-Hundred Numbers, Utopia Ray Victory, Nitro Warrior, Tempest and Marine Neos have also 2800 ATK, so the number isn't random at all.

Let's see how the materials of Starve Venom are. If the materials could include a theoretical base form that can be fused with a Predator Plant, it might be possible, but I doubt that.

Man, I've been waiting for so long to finally get information of this card's effect and materials.

LolsterXD97
2nd February 2016, 05:20 PM
2800 ATK fits. Three of Odd-Eyes alternate forms have them (keep in mind that those are alternate forms of Odd-Eyes Pendulum, not its upgrades; they the upgrades of the original Odd-Eyes Dragon). Red-Eyes Metal, the two forms of Shark Drake, three of the Chaos Over-Hundred Numbers, Utopia Ray Victory, Nitro Warrior and Marine Neos have also 2800 ATK, so the number isn't random at all.

Let's see how the materials of Starve Venom are. If the materials could include a theoretical base form that can be fused with a Predator Plant, it might be possible, but I doubt that.

Man, I've been waiting for so long to finally get information of this card's effect and materials.

Hope for it to not suffer the C107 Syndrome and have its artwork and effects revealed in the next Jushuku.

KingJinzo
2nd February 2016, 05:22 PM
Hope for it to not suffer the C107 Syndrome and have its artwork and effects revealed in the next Jushuku.

Well, it's very probable that Starve Venom will be the next cover card.

I hope we will see a flashback of Yuzu with an unveiled Starve Venom to clear the mess up.

King
2nd February 2016, 06:43 PM
Seeing through the eyes of another one, trying to give a good excuse for SVFD's 2800 ATK, might could be an allusion to Judai, Neos was his ace monster but was never stored in the Extra Deck, obivioslly he is a non-Fusion Monster, so the main character of the "Fusion arc"( considering the highlight that Fusion got during GX) does not have his ace in the Extra (Like the next arcs), but his upgrades are stored in the latter, it can exist the possibility, that Yuri has a 2500 ATK Dragon in his main deck, but due to the fact he did not used that "Imaginary Dragon" to summon Starve Venom, that dragon may share similar traits with the plants he used.

Volteccer
2nd February 2016, 08:01 PM
What if Starve Venom is a corrupted version of the Fusion Dragon, or otherwise the current base form without being the true form? Like how Galaxy-Eyes was ultimately a Number, but was sealed in a weaker form for most of the series.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
2nd February 2016, 10:46 PM
What if Starve Venom is a corrupted version of the Fusion Dragon, or otherwise the current base form without being the true form? Like how Galaxy-Eyes was ultimately a Number, but was sealed in a weaker form for most of the series.

Power Tool might be a better comparison.

KingJinzo
17th March 2016, 08:33 PM
Starve Venom is probably going to be the cover card of Invasion of Venom.

LolsterXD97
19th March 2016, 03:29 AM
The question is against who Yuri will show off his Dragon's effects. My money is on Roger or Sawatari.

Volteccer
19th March 2016, 03:44 AM
Starve Venom is probably going to be the cover card of Invasion of Venom.

Almost certainly. We get hints of it's power, then later we see it's true form without knowing what it does, then it gets released in a pack implicitly named after it.

Starve venom is just following in the footsteps of Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
19th March 2016, 04:06 AM
Almost certainly. We get hints of it's power, then later we see it's true form without knowing what it does, then it gets released in a pack implicitly named after it.

Starve venom is just following in the footsteps of Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon.

Neo*

superfluous text

den13
19th March 2016, 12:47 PM
i wonder if its materials are 2 monsters of the same attribute....and i am hoping that predator plants are earth or dark...looking at past archetype that konami trolled, i am thinking that they will be earth instead of dark..

Austraphoce
20th May 2016, 10:19 PM
So materials actually are 2 DARK monsters on the field, interesting...