PDA

View Full Version : Weiss Schwarz

NeoArkadia
9th September 2015, 11:01 PM
Words Go Here

thewanderlast03
10th September 2015, 02:29 AM
Probably my favourite card game other than YGO. I find the mechanics really fun, sacky, but fun. I also love the fact that you can build decks around your favourite animes/games and characters from them. I am maining the PDF Soundless Voice combo deck right now but havent played the game in a while so not sure if it is still viable since AoT came out. Also built some fun decks like IM@S blue. Plan to build that Do-Dai deck at some point as well.

Dio Brando
14th September 2015, 05:51 AM
I, Dio, have tried this game before. However, due to the large amount of "Waifu" worship, I, Dio, am turned off.
Now if they had a JJBA set ...

thewanderlast03
14th September 2015, 02:28 PM
Just play Waifu killer decks and watch as you savagely kill off their waifu(s) one by one.

Like this for example:
http://www.9thcx.com/2014/12/22/sao-ii-deck-tech-anti-waifu/

LionOhDay
15th September 2015, 01:05 AM
I don't play this game, and I don't even know how to play.... My only question is this.

Could you build a deck around Kyubey from Madoka Magica? Is that even possible?

Dio Brando
15th September 2015, 04:52 AM
Just play Waifu killer decks and watch as you savagely kill off their waifu(s) one by one.

Like this for example:
http://www.9thcx.com/2014/12/22/sao-ii-deck-tech-anti-waifu/

I, Dio, was playing Nisemonogatari. And yes, I, Dio, did enjoy killing other people's waifus. But SAO is something that I, Dio, would not touch.

TheRamenNoodle
15th September 2015, 04:57 AM
I, Dio, was playing Nisemonogatari. And yes, I, Dio, did enjoy killing other people's waifus. But SAO is something that I, Dio, would not touch.

You have good taste, Dio.

Also I only came to this thread to bask in your awesomeness.

SkullBuster
15th September 2015, 02:06 PM
I have put together an all-character AOT Corps Decks. Has 8 climax, no events, no Level 3s lol

thewanderlast03
16th September 2015, 12:06 AM

Please tell me you ran this as your climax

http://www.heartofthecards.com/code/cardlist.html?card=WS_NM/S24-042

MagitekElite
22nd September 2015, 09:22 PM
ayyy who's ready to die to to love ru

I don't play this game, and I don't even know how to play.... My only question is this.

Could you build a deck around Kyubey from Madoka Magica? Is that even possible?

yeah, there's a level 0 kyuubey you can run any number of, so you could have an entire deck with 42 of it and 8 climaxes

i wouldnt imagine it would be fun to play though

Thanako
23rd September 2015, 11:56 PM
It's okay, for a marketing gimmick game. You'd expect this kind of thing to be an unplayable cash grab, but it's actually a lot of fun for what it is. Though I probably don't need to tell those of you who play often that. I don't get a chance to play it much, and I would definitely get very tired of it if I did, so it's just a nice distraction when I have the opportunity.

MagitekElite
25th September 2015, 05:25 PM
It's okay, for a marketing gimmick game. You'd expect this kind of thing to be an unplayable cash grab, but it's actually a lot of fun for what it is. Though I probably don't need to tell those of you who play often that. I don't get a chance to play it much, and I would definitely get very tired of it if I did, so it's just a nice distraction when I have the opportunity.

i know quite a few people who play it as their main game over pokemon, yugioh and cfv, including myself

it's a much deeper game than you might first think it is, and the fact that you aren't going through the exact same motions every game due to the high variance gives it a lot of playability

Thanako
25th September 2015, 11:08 PM
i know quite a few people who play it as their main game over pokemon, yugioh and cfv, including myself

it's a much deeper game than you might first think it is, and the fact that you aren't going through the exact same motions every game due to the high variance gives it a lot of playability

My opinion is formed off of limited experience. Perhaps I do need to give it more time, but I would need more friends interested in it.

Dio Brando
29th September 2015, 11:13 PM
Please tell me you ran this as your climax

http://www.heartofthecards.com/code/cardlist.html?card=WS_NM/S24-042

I, Dio, might have. WRYYYYYY!

Mystic TimeKeeper
6th October 2015, 06:28 PM
So, the brother of a friend of mine got for himself a "Miku Trial Deck" and he is desperately in need of someone to play, and I'm the only one interested in the thing, so I wanted to ask some opinion on what's good to buy (no old sets though because the fan arts were something that really turned me off from this game).

MagitekElite
8th October 2015, 09:37 PM
So, the brother of a friend of mine got for himself a "Miku Trial Deck" and he is desperately in need of someone to play, and I'm the only one interested in the thing, so I wanted to ask some opinion on what's good to buy (no old sets though because the fan arts were something that really turned me off from this game).

if you just want a trial deck to mess around with, go with a series you like since most trial decks are around the same powerlevel

did the original art really turn you off from the older series that much? i'm disappointed they don't do it more often instead of chopping up every promotional art under the sun

Mystic TimeKeeper
8th October 2015, 10:30 PM
if you just want a trial deck to mess around with, go with a series you like since most trial decks are around the same powerlevel

did the original art really turn you off from the older series that much? i'm disappointed they don't do it more often instead of chopping up every promotional art under the sun

Well, some original arts were good, but a lot of those were really not up to my liking. I could go for a trial deck but I heard that Weiss Schwarz decks are pretty long-lasting so if I have to do it only once I may try to do it well, and there were a couple unit that I liked (not trial deck material though) but since I don't know what is worth playing I didn't want to buy things at random.

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ
8th October 2015, 11:17 PM
I will try this game eventually, been busy with work and other things.

MagitekElite
13th October 2015, 05:48 PM
Well, some original arts were good, but a lot of those were really not up to my liking. I could go for a trial deck but I heard that Weiss Schwarz decks are pretty long-lasting so if I have to do it only once I may try to do it well, and there were a couple unit that I liked (not trial deck material though) but since I don't know what is worth playing I didn't want to buy things at random.

what series are you interested in?

Mystic TimeKeeper
13th October 2015, 05:53 PM
Well, I was checking recent series since the old one tend to cost way too much, so there was SAO that seemed a good option.

Otherwise I noticed that the Bakemonogatari Trial Deck was in a good price range but I don't know if the series is still effective.

I WAS interested in Accel World but damn if that's expensive...

MagitekElite
13th October 2015, 10:05 PM
SAO is the best out of all the series you listed, and the SAOII trial deck has some fairly good cards (you can read this article for instructions on how to modify it on the cheap: http://toptiertears.org/2015/06/29/making-td-upgrades-educational-humble-beginnings/)

Bake TD is incredibly vanilla and you'll need nothing in it that's not already in the booster, and Monogatari as a whole is pretty weak even in the tiny EN metagame

AW is in the same place as Monogatari, except you won't have easier to find EN cards to make deckbuilding easier

Mystic TimeKeeper
13th October 2015, 10:29 PM
So SAO seems the best bet to get a middle ground between budget and competitive, so I'll ask about one thing:

Since I happen to like restanders, how are the Kirito ones? Are they worth running or it's best to avoid them?

MagitekElite
13th October 2015, 11:17 PM
So SAO seems the best bet to get a middle ground between budget and competitive, so I'll ask about one thing:

Since I happen to like restanders, how are the Kirito ones? Are they worth running or it's best to avoid them?

restanding in WS has a very different influence on the gamestate than in CFV and is much more mediocre

none of the kirito restanders are what you could call good but they're all usable if you want to play them for flavour reasons

Mystic TimeKeeper
13th October 2015, 11:42 PM
restanding in WS has a very different influence on the gamestate than in CFV and is much more mediocre

none of the kirito restanders are what you could call good but they're all usable if you want to play them for flavour reasons

It was said to me that an actually good restander would be borderline broken (heard scary stories about the Nisekoi restanders, but I'm not touching that series) but they do seemed hard to use so I wanted to ask, I'll try to make something solid at the start and then maybe experimenting with some of those later.

MagitekElite
14th October 2015, 02:40 AM
It was said to me that an actually good restander would be borderline broken (heard scary stories about the Nisekoi restanders, but I'm not touching that series) but they do seemed hard to use so I wanted to ask, I'll try to make something solid at the start and then maybe experimenting with some of those later.

the nisekoi restander in particular is broken because it actually restands 3 times, and the first restand is free

Mystic TimeKeeper
14th October 2015, 08:14 AM
the nisekoi restander in particular is broken because it actually restands 3 times, and the first restand is free

Free stock for days! Whereas the Kirito ones are full of conditions (the "Level 3 and 6 Clock" requirement was the strangest one though...)

Dio Brando
13th December 2015, 07:43 PM
Nisemonogatari has been announced for a US release.