PDA

View Full Version : A Wild Monster Appears!

SynjoDeonecros
18th October 2015, 10:08 PM
Got two copies of this card, want to get a third, and I'm curious about making a deck utilizing it, but I dunno what monsters can benefit from it besides Norleras. Got any ideas?

Dread Kaiser
18th October 2015, 10:21 PM
Got two copies of this card, want to get a third, and I'm curious about making a deck utilizing it, but I dunno what monsters can benefit from it besides Norleras. Got any ideas?

Nope, I have no Ideas whatsoever... (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:A_Wild_Monster_Appears!)

Dyson Sphere
18th October 2015, 10:23 PM
i use this in my crystal beasts with rainbow dragon and over the rainbow

SynjoDeonecros
19th October 2015, 08:08 PM
Well, the opponent can't take damage when you use the card, so damage-dealing effects wouldn't work for it. I heard somewhere that it can bring out Rituals without Ritual Summoning them, is that true? I know a few Ritual Monsters that could use it...

Akaba Fedoreiji
19th October 2015, 09:13 PM
I have the idea that it's nothing more than a cute nod to Pokémon which is, one is forced to admit, a much more commercially successful venture than Yu-Gi-Oh! itself, but other than that ...

Akaba Fedoreiji
19th October 2015, 09:18 PM
You can Special Summon Ritual Monsters with this card, because they are considered to be Special Summon Monsters - these are monsters which would have "Cannot be Normal Summoned / Set. Must (first) be Special Summoned ... [and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways]." It's just that this part of the text is carried by the card itself as a part of the Ritual identity, if that makes sense.

SynjoDeonecros
19th October 2015, 09:46 PM
Hmm. Doing a quick google search, it seems like the best options for Ritual monsters for A WIld Monster Appears is Demise, King of Armageddon, Lord of the Red, and either Relinquished or Reshef the Dark Being. I can see a semi-toolbox deck being made with them, WMA, Ritual Foregone, and either a way of recycling the latter two for reuse or a way of keeping the Ritual Monsters on the field, after they're summoned.

Icematoro
19th October 2015, 11:04 PM
F*ck, and here I am without Pokéballs!
http://puu.sh/kQq83/5948ede429.jpg

I have the idea that it's nothing more than a cute nod to Pokémon which is, one is forced to admit, a much more commercially successful venture than Yu-Gi-Oh! itself, but other than that ...

The TCG Name is (and you can argue it's more about the meme than Pokemon itself), The OCG name was originally translated as Bolt from the Blue, the card itself wasn't meant to be inspired by it.

Crow the BOOLET
19th October 2015, 11:13 PM
Hmm. Doing a quick google search, it seems like the best options for Ritual monsters for A WIld Monster Appears is Demise, King of Armageddon, Lord of the Red, and either Relinquished or Reshef the Dark Being. I can see a semi-toolbox deck being made with them, WMA, Ritual Foregone, and either a way of recycling the latter two for reuse or a way of keeping the Ritual Monsters on the field, after they're summoned.

After seeing this thread I've considered to throw a copy or two of this card in my Gishki deck.

Yeah they lose some recyclablility from not having Aquamirror in Grave but it makes everything but Gustkraken and Mind Augus into less of a dead draw if you lack the cards for it. It also does mean yeah you can't do any damage that turn either but Zielgigas' draw power and effect is more than worth it.

I'll do some testing with it.

SynjoDeonecros
19th May 2016, 02:49 AM
I'm going to use them in my Sphinx deck to make getting Theinen out a bit easier; even if I can't deal damage, I can whip out a 6500 ATK monster to crush any problematic monsters the opponent controls by battle.

RiverShock
25th May 2016, 03:39 PM
One of the more interesting cards you can use it with is Fushioh Richie. Since it can flip itself face-down, it gets around A Wild Monster Appears!'s shuffle.

You can also use it with cards like Assault Mode monsters or Metalzoa (lol) that can only be Summoned from the Deck, to both get some use out of it (depending on the monster), and hopefully get it back into the Deck.

Also, wow, did you really need to bump such an old topic, even if it was your own? o.o I feel kinda bad for posting now.

Hope in the Interstice
25th May 2016, 03:42 PM
One of the more interesting cards you can use it with is Fushioh Richie. Since it can flip itself face-down, it gets around A Wild Monster Appears!'s shuffle.
... We need Dread Kaiser in here.

SynjoDeonecros
25th May 2016, 04:19 PM
That would be cool if true. I'm not sure if it is, though, so yeah, we need a ruling expert here, to clarify.

Dread Kaiser
25th May 2016, 04:58 PM
... We need Dread Kaiser in here.

You Rang?

Yes, Flipping it down would do the job. It will not be shuffled back and will lose its immunity to your card effects. I Imagine its the real reason why it gives immunity to your effects, to keep you from summoning then Booking something

almost every effect or condition will be lost if its applicable card is flipped, even things like Relay Souls lose condition. (keyword Almost)

SynjoDeonecros
26th May 2016, 06:21 PM

You can also use it with cards like Assault Mode monsters or Metalzoa (lol) that can only be Summoned from the Deck, to both get some use out of it (depending on the monster), and hopefully get it back into the Deck.

Also, wow, did you really need to bump such an old topic, even if it was your own? o.o I feel kinda bad for posting now.

Don't be, you made some good points in favor for using A Wild Monster Appears. What would be the best Assault Mode monsters to use with it?

LolsterXD97
27th May 2016, 12:35 AM
Don't be, you made some good points in favor for using A Wild Monster Appears. What would be the best Assault Mode monsters to use with it?

Stardust Dragon/Assualt Mode would be a good choice.

SynjoDeonecros
27th May 2016, 12:41 AM
If you want a one-time negation option, like summoning normal Stardust Dragon with Starlight Road.

Baroque
6th June 2016, 05:38 AM
If you want a one-time negation option, like summoning normal Stardust Dragon with Starlight Road.
Not quite so, from what I'm readin' of his text. He's Nomi, with the only methods you're permitted to summon him being his own effect or Assault Mode Activate. Unless I'm wrong (and somebody please correct me if I am), the fact that he lists his own effect (the revive after his negation effect) as a means to summon him means that if he negates an effect after being summoned via A Wild Monster Appears, he'll be able to revive himself without a hitch.

Stardust cares whether he was summoned properly first, as its revival effect is just an effect unrelated to its proper summoning method; Stardust/Assault seems to include his revival effect as a proper summoning method, by comparison.

ARKhaven
10th June 2016, 06:46 PM
Not quite so, from what I'm readin' of his text. He's Nomi, with the only methods you're permitted to summon him being his own effect or Assault Mode Activate. Unless I'm wrong (and somebody please correct me if I am), the fact that he lists his own effect (the revive after his negation effect) as a means to summon him means that if he negates an effect after being summoned via A Wild Monster Appears, he'll be able to revive himself without a hitch.

Stardust cares whether he was summoned properly first, as its revival effect is just an effect unrelated to its proper summoning method; Stardust/Assault seems to include his revival effect as a proper summoning method, by comparison.

If I read what you said correctly, you're saying it can revive itself IF you summon it via A Wild Monster Appears and use the negate effect. Am I correct?

The answer is: No you can't special summon SD AssMode from the Grave if you summon it via A Wild Monster Appears and use the Negation effect. Has to be properly summoned through the use of AssMode itself

Baroque
13th June 2016, 04:56 AM
The answer is: No you can't special summon SD AssMode from the Grave if you summon it via A Wild Monster Appears and use the Negation effect. Has to be properly summoned through the use of AssMode itself
I'm curious why that is, when Stardust/Assault specifically has both Assault Mode and its own effect listed as the proper summoning method. Like, Nomi monsters still requiring their proper summoning method is nothing new to me (I'm familiar with Armed Dragon LV7 VS Level Up! VS Level Modulation), but this particular Nomi monster seems to be listing its own effect as a proper summoning method.

ARKhaven
13th June 2016, 05:21 AM
I'm curious why that is, when Stardust/Assault specifically has both Assault Mode and its own effect listed as the proper summoning method. Like, Nomi monsters still requiring their proper summoning method is nothing new to me (I'm familiar with Armed Dragon LV7 VS Level Up! VS Level Modulation), but this particular Nomi monster seems to be listing its own effect as a proper summoning method.

It's similar to summoning Stardust Dragon via Starlight Road. Wasn't really a proper summon, so if you want to revive SD from using its tribute effect if it was summoned by Road, you can't.

ANY monster that can be summoned from the graveyard MUST BE PROPERLY SUMMONED IN THE FIRST PLACE BY ITS OWN SUMMON PROCEDURE FIRST, even if the card itself states "This card must be special summoned by X or by its own effect, and cannot be special summoned by other ways."
If that own effect involves the graveyard, then it must be properly summoned by whatever summoning procedure it says first

Same reason why Shooting Star can't special summon itself IF IT WAS SUMMONED VIA QUASAR FIRST. Also, SD AssMode doesn't have "Ignoring the Summoning Conditions" in its clause.
And it's the same with Ritual Monsters. This ruling has been around since Cyber Stein btw.

Edit: Vennominaga also has a similar wording btw to SD/AssMode. Same thing, can't revive unless properly summoned

Baroque
14th June 2016, 05:53 AM
It's similar to summoning Stardust Dragon via Starlight Road. Wasn't really a proper summon, so if you want to revive SD from using its tribute effect if it was summoned by Road, you can't.

ANY monster that can be summoned from the graveyard MUST BE PROPERLY SUMMONED IN THE FIRST PLACE BY ITS OWN SUMMON PROCEDURE FIRST, even if the card itself states "This card must be special summoned by X or by its own effect, and cannot be special summoned by other ways."
If that own effect involves the graveyard, then it must be properly summoned by whatever summoning procedure it says first

Same reason why Shooting Star can't special summon itself IF IT WAS SUMMONED VIA QUASAR FIRST. Also, SD AssMode doesn't have "Ignoring the Summoning Conditions" in its clause.
And it's the same with Ritual Monsters. This ruling has been around since Cyber Stein btw.

Edit: Vennominaga also has a similar wording btw to SD/AssMode. Same thing, can't revive unless properly summoned
. . . With all due respect, rather than insulting my intelligence by bringing up things like Stardust VS Road (which I'd already proven I knew already) and Shooting VS Quasar, would it have killed you to just, I dunno, just cite the Vennominaga VS Wild Monster Returns ruling and be done with it?

ARKhaven
14th June 2016, 11:37 AM
. . . With all due respect, rather than insulting my intelligence by bringing up things like Stardust VS Road (which I'd already proven I knew already) and Shooting VS Quasar, would it have killed you to just, I dunno, just cite the Vennominaga VS Wild Monster Returns ruling and be done with it?

Oh.........my bad. Didn't mean to insult you, was using caps for clarification. All I read before was Armed Dragon Lv 7 vs Level Up, so just from that I didn't know for sure if you knew the stuff or not since the way I was thinking was "Proper summon? Yes or no? Does it have an effect that specials itself from grave? Yes or no?" and saw nothing related to that from Armed Dragon Lv 7

Baroque
14th June 2016, 01:54 PM
I didn't know for sure if you knew the stuff or not
The very first post of mine you quoted in this thread mentioned Stardust VS Road ("Stardust cares whether he was summoned properly first, as its revival effect is just an effect unrelated to its proper summoning method"; yes I did end up switching pronouns mid-phrase, a goof on my part). Your caps weren't the 'insult', it was the way you decided to regurgitate information I'd shown I'd already known, as though I didn't know it.

ARKhaven
14th June 2016, 02:51 PM
The very first post of mine you quoted in this thread mentioned Stardust VS Road ("Stardust cares whether he was summoned properly first, as its revival effect is just an effect unrelated to its proper summoning method"; yes I did end up switching pronouns mid-phrase, a goof on my part). Your caps weren't the 'insult', it was the way you decided to regurgitate information I'd shown I'd already known, as though I didn't know it.

Then that's my bad since I didn't read the first post. I went straight into the rulings one when you mentioned SD AssMode and A Wild Monster on Page 2. So yes, I'm sorry on that