PDA

View Full Version : A Tuning Gift

Mystic TimeKeeper
19th October 2015, 05:24 PM
So, got gifted with 2 "Synchron Extreme" structure decks and I'd like to ask for some help on this.

That's what it looks like now with what I had at hand:

http://i.imgur.com/EvgX3KG.png

Things to note, my budget for this is low and Junk Warrior doesn't go anywhere.

EDIT: The result of messing around a bit.

Icematoro
19th October 2015, 06:16 PM
The thing about synchrons, it's that there's not a single Generally-Agreed-Build, the deck it's the definition of variety, as you can run it in so many ways, and yours will always be different from everyone else's.

To give you an example, I'll show you 2 Synchron Decks I have:
Draw Thirst Synchron:
http://puu.sh/kQ5iz/54dc8c3045.jpg

Regular Synchrons (with a side of Seahorse):
http://puu.sh/kQ6jn/01f97d4a9e.jpg

Telling you what to take out and what to put in it's not quite an easy task, so I'll just post the Synchron Skeleton here, and you decide what to make of it:
http://puu.sh/kQ60Z/810ae01d37.jpg

My recomendation, Cut the monsters, You run too many, add more spells, add 2 Breakthrough Skills (Trust me, you'll need them), Don't forget Galaxy Cyclone and MST are your friends.

Mystic TimeKeeper
19th October 2015, 06:42 PM
I know I had too much monsters (I just opened those and made a deck to play right away so it obviously is a mess) so that's a thing to cut, I know Synchrons well enough but I'm not knowleadgeable about the thing that usually got splashed into it (for example, I know next to nothing about T.G. or Speedroid variants), and I was out of touch with Synchro so I really needed help with the Extra.

The regular one seems the closest one to what I already have (except the Seahorse part) but I really want to ask about how well Synchron Carrier works in this, it helps Junk Warrior so it is a plus.

I really feel like teching "Scrap Fist" just for the laugh.

Mofiz
19th October 2015, 07:09 PM
The thing about synchrons, it's that there's not a single Generally-Agreed-Build, the deck it's the definition of variety, as you can run it in so many ways, and yours will always be different from everyone else's.

To give you an example, I'll show you 2 Synchron Decks I have:
Draw Thirst Synchron:
http://puu.sh/kQ5iz/54dc8c3045.jpg

Regular Synchrons (with a side of Seahorse):
http://puu.sh/kQ6jn/01f97d4a9e.jpg

Telling you what to take out and what to put in it's not quite an easy task, so I'll just post the Synchron Skeleton here, and you decide what to make of it:
http://puu.sh/kQ60Z/810ae01d37.jpg

My recomendation, Cut the monsters, You run too many, add more spells, add 2 Breakthrough Skills (Trust me, you'll need them), Don't forget Galaxy Cyclone and MST are your friends.

That's not too many monsters. Synchro Decks normally include about 30. And most other cards are just to bring out more Monsters like Searchers and revivers. A third of your Deck is just draw/search so it's not really different from what he has, he has just a bigger monster pool. Breakthrough and similar Traps won't provide you any help if you have a clean field and you can go for Monsters that do similar things instead, not to mention that Junk,Quick and OFO can use them better. Increase the number of Veilers (or Yuki) and you will have multifunctional monsters thar are immune to MST. Backrow hate is always good.
The Mini Chaos Dragons are questionable. There is more often a chance of not having any fitting Attribute in Grave.

Mystic TimeKeeper
19th October 2015, 07:17 PM
I was waiting for you.

Chaos Dragons are not efficient, but out of the box so I knew they were the first ones to get the boot.

Glow-Up is useful but a bit expensive, but a 3rd Jet can solve that to some extent, the real problem is the Math. Any Substitute for that?

Also, since you tend to splash Speedroids around, and I saw them being quite cheap except Chanbarider, can you provide some tips on those?

Mofiz
19th October 2015, 07:23 PM
I was waiting for you.

Chaos Dragons are not efficient, but out of the box so I knew they were the first ones to get the boot.

Glow-Up is useful but a bit expensive, but a 3rd Jet can solve that to some extent, the real problem is the Math. Any Substitute for that?

Also, since you tend to splash Speedroids around, and I saw them being quite cheap except Chanbarider, can you provide some tips on those?

Tripple Beigomax, 1-2 Red-Eyed Dice are the most ridiculuous low Level Synchro Engine I ever had. Menkoto is unexpected and advantage giving defense and the rest works better if you have a decent amount of SRs in the Deck. Also I can recommedn you Monster reincarnation. It does have a cost, but assuming that most monsters do plus anyway, the card can give you the set up of your choice.

Mofiz
19th October 2015, 07:28 PM
A to the math. Scrap Recycler dumps machines, which is half of Synchron Decks.

Icematoro
19th October 2015, 07:32 PM
I know I had too much monsters (I just opened those and made a deck to play right away so it obviously is a mess) so that's a thing to cut, I know Synchrons well enough but I'm not knowleadgeable about the thing that usually got splashed into it (for example, I know next to nothing about T.G. or Speedroid variants), and I was out of touch with Synchro so I really needed help with the Extra.

T.G. Hyper Librarian is a MUST, Synchrons make it so amazingly easy not running him it's as a sin, And the deck synchros SO MUCH every turn you'll only plus out of him, Tuning into Formula Synchron it's a guaranteed Draw 2. What's even funnier, Thanks to Quickdraw Synchron, Jet Synchron, Glow-Up Bulb and Level Eater, The more you draw, the more you Synch, T.G. Hyper Librarian makes this deck a Vicious Circle!

The Speedroid Synchro it's there because, when I go to a generic level 6 Synchro, It's usually to use him as a material to Synchro summon something else (Say, Shooting Quasar Dragon), so, Instead of Wasting a Goyo, I summon him, burn for 500, and Keep Synching, Heck, I might even resurrect him with his effect later, in case Blackrose/Exciton Happens.

Help with the Extra? Fill it mostly with Warriors (the ones you summon with "Synchron" Tuners), Try to have at least 1 of each level (5, 6 and 8 are musts, 7 is debatable) Add Synchro tuners, because extra Draws with T.G. Hyper Librarian, and then add any Generic synchro you like (Taking into account you only run lvl 1 and 3 generic Tuners, btw, no, I don't recommend running level 2 Tuners), Quasar, Sifr and T.G. Halberd Cannon are optional, and mostly there for style points.

The regular one seems the closest one to what I already have (except the Seahorse part) but I really want to ask about how well Synchron Carrier works in this, it helps Junk Warrior so it is a plus.

The regular one is the one I like the most, I used to run Junk Collector there to search it with Jet Synchron, and use him as a Synchro Material (IN MY HAND) to summon Scrap Dragon with the lvl 3 Synchro Tuner Tatsunoko (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tatsunoko), While I still Love that play and recommend it to anyone who wants to have some fun, I just found Parent Seahorse funnier. That's just to give you an example of the many options this deck offers ;)

Carrier is a tricky pony:
a) He's Fodder for Everything, as 9/10 times you won't miss having it in your hand, heck, most of the time you'll hate having him there, Quickdraw Synchron? Fodder, One for One? Fodder, Jet Synchron? You get the Idea.

b) Not to say he's good for nothing but being fodder, he can be summoned with Road Warrior to get another normal summon that turn (Usually for Junk Synchron)

c) He's a synchron, so he can be summoned with the field spell and used to alter Accel Synchron's Level, Most of the time you'll want to have at least 1 copy of him in your Deck, reason I run 2 (and always pray not to draw it lol).

d) While he's a Synchron, HE'S NOT A TUNER so Tuning won't search for him.

I don't particularly regret running him tho.

I really feel like teching "Scrap Fist" just for the laugh.

So did I at the beggining, it was lolzy, but I dead drew a lot because of it... I'd recommend making a deck specifically designed for Junk Warrior (like those "The calculator" Builds) if you want to follow this route.

Man, this deck just gives SO MUCH to talk about lol
If you'd like some videos to guide you or give you Ideas, YuGiOh4RealMen's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhHUZUMx02M) Synchron Deck is a good place to learn some basics, and some of my own replays on this (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLURFuZ2uxU8ZVNGzO-PoALrtcEM4YhwTJ) Playlist (If you don't mind Shameless Advertising...)

Akaba Fedoreiji
19th October 2015, 07:32 PM
I can agree with Mofiz on the Dragons: I don't think a Synchron Deck would really benefit from them all too much. As for BTS, it's down to the environment you play in. Any Deck with El Shaddoll Winda or a similar monstrosity will need to be opposed by Synchro Decks with BTS: any Synchro Deck NEEDS its Special Summon, and I believe this may have been the reason Icematoro suggested BTS in particular. You certainly need to have some in the Side if you're not Maining them, but I think you just need to evaluate after you play a few games in your local environment whether they are required or not. Veilers and Yukis do not really provide you the protection against these sorts of effects that you need, whereas if you can get past these issues then you should have no problem in replicating the effects of the aforementioned hand traps later on with a Quasar or Stardust Warrior?

I personally would strongly recommend Galaxy Cyclone. SO MANY CARDS, that are otherwise troublesome, are completely neutralised by having access to that Graveyard pop. Such cards would include Pendulums, Fields, Vanity's, Lose 1 Turn, even something that's just sort of annoying like a Fiendish on your Synchros ... I know it's not easy getting one's hands on a few Galaxy Cyclones like that, but it would be worth it from a game play perspective.

I can't comment all too much on your monster count. I'm not very well acquainted with Synchro Decks, but given that a lot of the new support took the form of Spells and Traps, and they DID get a new signature Field Spell ... maybe a drop is in order. I'd cut the Dragons, as I've already mentioned, maybe drop a hedgehog, a Tuningware, the Veilers, the CotHs ... yeah.

Also more monsters =/= draw and search cards, just ... no. Take Upstart, for example: a single copy of that card can be ignored when discussing card : total ratios. So if you run three copies of monster X in a Deck with upstart, there's a 3 in 37 that your first card will be one of those cards. Three copies in a Deck that runs three additional monsters instead of Upstart has a 3 in 40 chance instead. In Synchro Decks, you absolutely need as high a level of consistency as possible - I know that much. When you have a lot of thinning cards in your Deck compared to monsters that may not be useful all the time, that can cause problems sometimes.

Mystic TimeKeeper
19th October 2015, 07:38 PM
Wow, that's a lot of advice, so I'll get this out.

Fortunately this is meant to be a fun deck, so I can go with lesser options and I have enough room to try funny stuff. So, the Dragons got axed already, so that's a thing. I have those BTS, I'll have to share them from the Ritual Beast, and about the Cyclone, that's not really an option when I'm searching for Math clones to not pay 18$ for 2 of those.

I really should run Librarian, but that's if someone is willing to trade it.

Icematoro
19th October 2015, 08:15 PM
That's not too many monsters. Synchro Decks normally include about 30. And most other cards are just to bring out more Monsters like Searchers and revivers. A third of your Deck is just draw/search so it's not really different from what he has, he has just a bigger monster pool.

Except, by making "a third of my deck" Draw and Search friendly, I increase my odds of getting all my combo pieces (You know, the cards I actually WANT 90% of the time), and all the cards I need to make my plays.

No, Synchro decks by no means must run such an unreasonably high ammount of monster cards, the synchro Mechanic it's already outdated enough, lacking consistency won't help you win. If you're using Yang Zing Or Gusto as a Model here... Just stop man...

Breakthrough and similar Traps won't provide you any help if you have a clean field and you can go for Monsters that do similar things instead

This is Synchrons, most of your deck is filled low-level low-attack monsters, and getting stopped while using this deck it's not at all hard, XYZ monsters will surely not mind to nail your coffin and bury you alive (You, as a Rank 4 Hater should know this by heart already...) And god knows how f*cked you'll be if you face any monster that restricts plays (Cyber Dragon Infinity, Masked Hero Dark Law, The Nekroz of Unicore, El-Shaddoll Winda, Majesty's and Vanity's fiends, just to name a few...) I can't even begin to count the ammount of times Breakthrough Skill saved my life...

Increase the number of Veilers (or Yuki) and you will have multifunctional monsters thar are immune to MST.

I can agree on Veiler (Even tho 9/10 you'll never use her as a Tuner...) But Yuki isn't very friendly with this deck, her level is too high, so your only way to summon her is by wasting your Normal Summon, and running Emergency Teleports just for her? Yeah... No.

Backrow hate is always good.
I wholeheartedly Agree, try not to run too much tho, 3-4 at most.

Mystic TimeKeeper
19th October 2015, 08:19 PM
So I tried messing around and that's what I came up in the meanwhile, Caius and Chaos Sorcerer may stick out but they were my old tech since 5D's was still around so I put there to test them, but they keep getting milled with Tuning.

No Librarian because I'm not certain of getting him and Shooting because it's fun to use.

Mofiz
19th October 2015, 08:26 PM
Except, by making "a third of my deck" Draw and Search friendly, I increase my odds of getting all my combo pieces (You know, the cards I actually WANT 90% of the time), and all the cards I need to make my plays.

No, Synchro decks by no means must run such an unreasonably high ammount of monster cards, the synchro Mechanic it's already outdated enough, lacking consistency won't help you win. If you're using Yang Zing Or Gusto as a Model here... Just stop man...

This is Synchrons, most of your deck is filled low-level low-attack monsters, and getting stopped while using this deck it's not at all hard, XYZ monsters will surely not mind to nail your coffin and bury you alive (You, as a Rank 4 Hater should know this by heart already...) And god knows how f*cked you'll be if you face any monster that restricts plays (Cyber Dragon Infinity, Masked Hero Dark Law, The Nekroz of Unicore, El-Shaddoll Winda, Majesty's and Vanity's fiends, just to name a few...) I can't even begin to count the ammount of times Breakthrough Skill saved my life...

I can agree on Veiler (Even tho 9/10 you'll never use her as a Tuner...) But Yuki isn't very friendly with this deck, her level is too high, so your only way to summon her is by wasting your Normal Summon, and running Emergency Teleports just for her? Yeah... No.

I wholeheartedly Agree, try not to run too much tho, 3-4 at most.

Obvious what you are doing, like Tellarknights. But he doesn't seem to play a Quasar Deck which ends in the exact same combo everytime. If you have more diversity, you have more options. WIth generic searchers that can search out most of the Deck, you can do more than just spamming Junk with Doppel.

Against floodgates of that kind, I usually prefer mass destruction. Raigeki and Dark Hole are pretty much in most Synchron Decks because that's their only FAST out of bullshit cards (excluding Midrash). It's faster and does more damage in total. The only disadvantage here is Midrash because her floodgate effect isnt overpowered enough. Then again, Rafflesia is generic in practically every Deck and is immune to Traps so there are pros and cons.

I barely use Yuki as a Tuner, lol. Being a handtrap and a monster (discard cost and stuff) is just what makes her amazing. And if you really are desperate by getting a tuner, she will do a better job than Chalice or Breakthrough. Then if you run Red Deamons Abyss in the Deck (which is a One card combo in Synchrons), you can revive her every turn and do some annoying BS.

Icematoro
19th October 2015, 08:28 PM
So I tried messing around and that's what I came up in the meanwhile, Caius and Chaos Sorcerer may stick out but they were my old tech since %D's was still around so I put there to test them, but they keep getting milled with Tuning.

I've actually known a guy that ran Caius in the deck, it KINDA works, considering you have Jet, and Quickdraw to synchro after normal summoning him, and Level Eater, that's Awesome without a shadow of a doubt, both as Tribute (summon) Fodder and Synchro enabler.

No Librarian because I'm not certain of getting him and Shooting because it's fun to use.

That's sad, You don't know fun until you play T.G. In Synchrons :(

Mystic TimeKeeper
19th October 2015, 08:30 PM
Remember that this is a side deck and I'm doing this with pocket change, Yuki is the best thing since Veiler but I really can't afford her.

I always feel that I'm not playing this right, especially when I see the 1st turn Quasar spamming everywhere.

Icematoro
19th October 2015, 08:54 PM
Obvious what you are doing, like Tellarknights. But he doesn't seem to play a Quasar Deck which ends in the exact same combo everytime. If you have more diversity, you have more options. WIth generic searchers that can search out most of the Deck, you can do more than just spamming Junk with Doppel.

I actually manage to pull diversity with the little ammount of monsters I run thanks to how benefitial their individual effects are in combination with one-another, And while I do run Quasar... Man, It's not like I summon him every time, Most of my other Synchron Builds (I have quite a lot...) Don't even run Quasar, The 2 I've shown are the ones I used the most, Yeah, but that's because I tend to Tag with Quasar People, that like to pull Quasar just for the lolz (You'd be amazed by how many times I pulled Quasar, then little turns after I either waste him, let him die, or get rid of it myself and still got a Win out of it, heck, once I used him as a Synchro Material to summon Stardust Warrior )

Against floodgates of that kind, I usually prefer mass destruction. Raigeki and Dark Hole are pretty much in most Synchron Decks because that's their only FAST out of bullshit cards (excluding Midrash). It's faster and does more damage in total. The only disadvantage here is Midrash because her floodgate effect isnt overpowered enough. Then again, Rafflesia is generic in practically every Deck and is immune to Traps so there are pros and cons.

You know I do run Raigeki, That said, I won't have it all the time, it's all about running more Floodgates to reduce instances, while not running so many I ruin the consistency (Which is freaking Vital on this deck...) That's where Breakthrough Skill proves to be Amazing, Running 2 it's equivalent to running 4, and since it works on grave, it can be fodder for cards like Jet, Drill Warrior or (depending on luck) Tuning and Glow-Up Bulb without becoming a waste.

I barely use Yuki as a Tuner, lol. Being a handtrap and a monster (discard cost and stuff) is just what makes her amazing. And if you really are desperate by getting a tuner, she will do a better job than Chalice or Breakthrough. Then if you run Red Deamons Abyss in the Deck (which is a One card combo in Synchrons), you can revive her every turn and do some annoying BS.

I won't comment about RDA In Synchrons because I've not tried it myself, and wouldn't like to talk without enough info, with that said, and this might be a technicallity, but...

Synchrons don't have 1 card combos... They're literally unable to pull something like that, as their theme is designed to make little monsters work together to make bigger stuff. It's only a One card combo if you just need a single card in hand and no previous setting (without counting cards on deck, obviously) to start it.

Mofiz
19th October 2015, 09:13 PM
I actually manage to pull diversity with the little ammount of monsters I run thanks to how benefitial their individual effects are in combination with one-another, And while I do run Quasar... Man, It's not like I summon him every time, Most of my other Synchron Builds (I have quite a lot...) Don't even run Quasar, The 2 I've shown are the ones I used the most, Yeah, but that's because I tend to Tag with Quasar People, that like to pull Quasar just for the lolz (You'd be amazed by how many times I pulled Quasar, then little turns after I either waste him, let him die, or get rid of it myself and still got a Win out of it, heck, once I used him as a Synchro Material to summon Stardust Warrior )

You know I do run Raigeki, That said, I won't have it all the time, it's all about running more Floodgates to reduce instances, while not running so many I ruin the consistency (Which is freaking Vital on this deck...) That's where Breakthrough Skill proves to be Amazing, Running 2 it's equivalent to running 4, and since it works on grave, it can be fodder for cards like Jet, Drill Warrior or (depending on luck) Tuning and Glow-Up Bulb without becoming a waste.

I won't comment about RDA In Synchrons because I've not tried it myself, and wouldn't like to talk without enough info, with that said, and this might be a technicallity, but...

Synchrons don't have 1 card combos... They're literally unable to pull something like that, as their theme is designed to make little monsters work together to make bigger stuff. It's only a One card combo if you just need a single card in hand and no previous setting (without counting cards on deck, obviously) to start it.

I don't mean Extradeck diversity. Every Deck should be able to splash out what is in its Extradeck but Main Deck Tools. Either for defense (battle enders), draws (maxx c which is REALLY underrated, especially with Junk Synchrone existing) or unorthodox monsters like Eccentric Archfiend (which usually is just used as backrow hate BUT can be used differently too, mostlikely why some topping Mermail Deck in the OCG did that)

How can you have Breakthrough Skill all the time, if you can't have Raigeki neither? None of them are searchable. You could also splash the two Dark Holes as long as they are allowed. They are faster and don't need to be set that turn or rest a turn in the Grave. Eh, running 2 isn't exactly running 4 since the key point here is drawing it out first. Technically a Dark Hole "negates" a whole field so it has its advantages.

Junk Synchron with Doppel in Grave. Also Mathematican is a One Card Combo according to your definition since it dumps revivable stuff.

Icematoro
19th October 2015, 09:40 PM
I don't mean Extradeck diversity. Every Deck should be able to splash out what is in its Extradeck but Main Deck Tools. Either for defense (battle enders), draws (maxx c which is REALLY underrated, especially with Junk Synchrone existing) or unorthodox monsters like Eccentric Archfiend (which usually is just used as backrow hate BUT can be used differently too, mostlikely why some topping Mermail Deck in the OCG did that)

Battle Enders? You can run them, many builds do, I would if mines weren't meant to be aggressive. Maxx "C" Underrated? lol, How many synchron builds have you seen?

You're calling Eccentrick Archfiend, a Card that has double functionality, a card that's little to no situational and offers good results, Unorthodox? That card is TECHNICALLY a better MST, if you pick to run it is all on your taste... Getting that aside, the most situational the card is, the worse, while I agree variety can be healthy, you gotta get the vital out of the way first, I simply don't see you running Kuriboh (He's a Battle Damage Shield, and a Monster, Which makes him awesome!... Right? Jokes aside, My point should get across).

How can you have Breakthrough Skill all the time, if you can't have Raigeki neither? None of them are searchable. You could also splash the two Dark Holes as long as they are allowed. They are faster and don't need to be set that turn or rest a turn in the Grave. Eh, running 2 isn't exactly running 4 since the key point here is drawing it out first. Technically a Dark Hole "negates" a whole field so it has its advantages.

Have you read what I said and taken some time to analyze it? I'm pretty sure you haven't, read it again, will ya?, Here, I'll even post it again so you don't have to scroll-up.

"You know I do run Raigeki, That said, I won't have it all the time, it's all about running more Floodgates to reduce instances, while not running so many I ruin the consistency (Which is freaking Vital on this deck...) That's where Breakthrough Skill proves to be Amazing, Running 2 it's equivalent to running 4, and since it works on grave, it can be fodder for cards like Jet, Drill Warrior or (depending on luck) Tuning and Glow-Up Bulb without becoming a waste."

Used to run an extra Dark Hole, It wasn't specially better to say the least, and when I ran 2 Dark Holes I kept opening 2 (Either 2 Dark Holes, or Raigeki and a Dark Hole), which pretty much ruined most of the times I had to go first...

Junk Synchron with Doppel in Grave.
2 Cards Combo... You need a set graveyard for that...

Also Mathematican is a One Card Combo according to your definition since it dumps revivable stuff.
While I do admit I forgot Mathematician, he isn't a Synchron, nor can he make anything better than a lvl 4 Synchro (And that only with Glow-Up Bulb, as Jet Synchron and Plaguespreader Zombie both require a card in your hand, making it a 2 cards combo) Which isn't really worth making.

Mofiz
19th October 2015, 09:51 PM
Battle Enders? You can run them, many builds do, I would if mines weren't meant to be aggressive. Maxx "C" Underrated? lol, How many synchron builds have you seen?

Eccentrick Archfiend Unorthodox?... Getting that aside, the most situational the card is, the worse, while I agree variety can be healthy, you gotta get the vital out of the way first, I simply don't see you running Kuriboh (He's a Battle Damage Shield, and a Monster, Which makes him awesome!... Right? Jokes aside, My point should get across).

Have you read what I said and taken some time to analyze it? I'm pretty sure you haven't, read it again, will ya?, Here, I'll even post it again so you don't have to scroll-up.

"You know I do run Raigeki, That said, I won't have it all the time, it's all about running more Floodgates to reduce instances, while not running so many I ruin the consistency (Which is freaking Vital on this deck...) That's where Breakthrough Skill proves to be Amazing, Running 2 it's equivalent to running 4, and since it works on grave, it can be fodder for cards like Jet, Drill Warrior or (depending on luck) Tuning and Glow-Up Bulb without becoming a waste."

Used to run an extra Dark Hole, It wasn't specially better to say the least, and when I ran 2 Dark Holes I kept opening 2 (Either 2 Dark Holes, or Raigeki and a Dark Hole), which pretty much ruined most of the times I had to go first...

2 Cards Combo... You need a set graveyard for that...

While I do admit I forgot Mathematician, he isn't a Synchron, nor can he make anything better than a lvl 4 Synchro (And that only with Glow-Up Bulb, as Jet Synchron and Plaguespreader Zombie both require a card in your hand) Which isn't really worth making.

If you play aggressive, then you should run double Hole even more. I've seen about a hundred or something, and yes it's still underrated in the TCG and barely sees as much play as it should. Kuriboh comparing with Eccentric? Kuriboh doesn't do much or..anything at all, the cards I mentioned have an impact to the game.

I read what you wrote and copy/pasting it won't doesn't justify Breakthrough skill over Dark Hole because (and I repeat) simply having it in your Deck won't make you have it all the time either. "I may not have it" goes for Raigeki just as much as Breakthough, except if maybe some Tuning accidently dumped it. And if you really need to use it that badly, you mostlikely don't have a relevant field anyway.
Getting two of 3 cards in a 31 card Deck is not likely. You could just as well draw double Skill which doesn't provide you any play either. It will only slow down your opponent in their turn and you could slow them heavily by screwing their field two. Only difference is if they OTk you. Hence why Synchron builds have massive amounts of monsters, so they can do actually stuff.

It still only requires 1 card as the cost which is pretty much what people refer to as a 1 card combo. It's a 1 card combo with set-up but if you are being literal, there is no 1 card combo at all, combo means having multiple things, one card never does multiple things.

Eh, half of Synchron Decks aren't Synchrons. The only relevant Synchrons are Jet, Junk, Quick and Explorer. Synchrons on their own can't even Synchro, they have two only 2 non Tuners and one of it doesn't even matter.

Icematoro
19th October 2015, 10:06 PM
If you play aggressive, then you should run double Hole even more. I've seen about a hundred or something, and yes it's still underrated in the TCG and barely sees as much play as it should. Kuriboh comparing with Eccentric? Kuriboh doesn't do much or..anything at all, the cards I mentioned have an impact to the game.

As a rule of Thumb, always refresh before answering me, I tend to add to the Rant inmediately after Posting something, and I'm sure you can see, you spoke too soon here.

I read what you wrote and copy/pasting it won't doesn't justify Breakthrough skill over Dark Hole because (and I repeat) simply having it in your Deck won't make you have it all the time either. "I may not have it" goes for Raigeki just as much as Breakthough, except if maybe some Tuning accidently dumped it. And if you really need to use it that badly, you mostlikely don't have a relevant field anyway.
Getting two of 3 cards in a 31 card Deck is not likely. You could just as well draw double Skill which doesn't provide you any play either. It will only slow down your opponent in their turn and you could slow them heavily by screwing their field two. Only difference is if they OTk you. Hence why Synchron builds have massive amounts of monsters, so they can do actually stuff.

You clearly don't get the point... I'm Adding as many Floodgates as I can, to make sure I'll get at least one during my duel, but not so many my deck will become TCG Tellars 2.0 But Crappier, because consistency issues, If I have the chance to use them more than once, it's better because I can't/shoudn't/won't run more than that, I can't make this any clearer man...

It still only requires 1 card as the cost which is pretty much what people refer to as a 1 card combo. It's a 1 card combo with set-up but if you are being literal, there is no 1 card combo at all, combo means having multiple things, one card never does multiple things.

Rescue Cat is the perfect example of what a REAL 1 card combo is. Turn 1, even if your opening hand only had him and everything else was on your deck, he's all you need to pull a combo, you don't need previous setting (Again, Deck and Non-Pendulum Extra deck don't count) He's the Setting, he gets everything you need, and by himself made the plays possible.

Here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpRoGLU2xoM) you have (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZJucQMRqsg) some proof (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEoG_UU7Sco)/examples (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_70oyzRBt8)

Mofiz
19th October 2015, 10:18 PM
As a rule of Thumb, always refresh before answering me, I tend to add to the Rant inmediately after Posting something, and I'm sure you can see, you spoke too soon here.

You clearly don't get the point... I'm Adding as many Floodgates as I can, to make sure I'll get at least one during my duel, but not so many my deck will become TCG Tellars 2.0 But Crappier, because consistency issues, If I have the chance to use them more than once, it's better because I can't/shoudn't/won't run more than that, I can't make this any clearer man...

Rescue Cat is the perfect example of what a REAL 1 card combo is. Turn 1, even if your opening hand only had him and everything else was on your deck, he's all you need to pull a combo, you don't need previous setting (Again, Deck and Non-Pendulum Extra deck don't count) He's the Setting, he gets everything you need, and by himself made the plays possible.

Here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpRoGLU2xoM) you have (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZJucQMRqsg) some proof (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEoG_UU7Sco)/examples (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_70oyzRBt8)

First off: Breakthrough is everything but a floodgate. It is just twice a negation.
Second: yeah, sure. You can use it more often. But if you really play aggressive, you should actually have faster games hence why a mass nuking that gets rid of several issues (let's a fiend and Archlord Kristya) fits more to this kind of playstyle. You don't have to run more cards, they do similar things. One is more aggressive, one is more passive.

You don't have to teach me about Rescue Cat. I know practically everything in this game. It's still about the fact that the combo requires one specific card as the cost, which is what is used often to describe combos. It's a matter of semantic, since there is nothing official this can take forever.

And yes, Eccentric Archfiend barely sees play anywhere outside of pendulums because people are scared to try new things.

Icematoro
19th October 2015, 10:35 PM
First off: Breakthrough is everything but a floodgate. It is just twice a negation.

Hey, You get to missuse 1 Card Combo, I get to Missuse Floodgate ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Second: yeah, sure. You can use it more often. But if you really play aggressive, you should actually have faster games hence why a mass nuking that gets rid of several issues (let's a fiend and Archlord Kristya) fits more to this kind of playstyle. You don't have to run more cards, they do similar things. One is more aggressive, one is more passive.

On the contrary, my friend, if my offensive doesn't take down my opponent at once (Which can happen with Battle stoppers or unexpected Spell/Trap/Monsters), I WILL be forced to assume a Passive Stance until I get back to my turn. BTS Allows me to be active on my opponent's Turn while making him lose his momentum.

It's a thing of balance, Think about Zen, Yin and Yang, or Science if you like, You simply can't have an absolute and expect it to work in every single instance.

You don't have to teach me about Rescue Cat. I know practically everything in this game. It's still about the fact that the combo requires one specific card as the cost, which is what is used often to describe combos. It's a matter of semantic, since there is nothing official this can take forever.

Reason I said "This might be a Technicallity" when I first refered to your "1 Card Combo"

And yes, Eccentric Archfiend barely sees play anywhere outside of pendulums because people are scared to try new things.

While I agree, Again, Thing of Taste, I won't be convinced to run Galaxy Cyclone instead of MST in every single one of my decks, just like some (or most...) Won't be convinced to run Eccentrick outside of Pendulum decks where she can be abused to her fullest.

Mofiz
19th October 2015, 10:43 PM
Hey, You get to missuse 1 Card Combo, I get to Missuse Floodgate ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

On the contrary, my friend, if my offensive doesn't take down my opponent at once (Which can happen with Battle stoppers or unexpected Spell/Trap/Monsters), I WILL be forced to assume a Passive Stance until I get back to my turn. BTS Allows me to be active on my opponent's Turn while making him lose his momentum.

It's a thing of balance, Think about Zen, Yin and Yang, or Science if you like, You simply can't have an absolute and expect it to work in every single instance.

Reason I said "This might be a Technicallity" when I first refered to your "1 Card Combo"

While I agree, Again, Thing of Taste, I won't be convinced to run Galaxy Cyclone instead of MST in every single one of my decks, just like some (or most...) Won't be convinced to run Eccentrick outside of Pendulum decks where she can be abused to her fullest.

If your concern is your opponents turns: Max out all the veilers and Maxx Cs to draw those out. Or the Loli. they are MST immune and barely to negate. It's what the OCG does. The only Traps used are Countertraps because Solemns can't be possibly bad or stuff that activates in hand because it's safer. I started doing this and don't have to be afraid of backrow hate anymore. Even funnier that people will mostlikely have backrow hate they can't use.

It still should see more play. Some decks just have to get rid of backrows (mine) and MST doesn't really have a uniqueness in that case. People should really just use more and different stuff to test out, though I just dumped everything for Twin Twister because it's the best unbanned backrow hate I've ever seen so far.

Icematoro
19th October 2015, 10:49 PM
If your concern is your opponents turns: Max out all the veilers and Maxx Cs to draw those out. Or the Loli. they are MST immune and barely to negate.

If only I was afraid of MST and didn't liked getting extra uses of BTS without running more...

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/aa/aa0d15d5ebb3ffd727c34836b0ab3c15ea29376d6cf0101195 8702e509e6aadc.jpg

Thing of Taste - All over the place.mp3