PDA

View Full Version : Booster SP: Wing Raiders

NeoArkadia
9th September 2015, 11:03 PM
On sale 11/14/2015
Booster Special “Wing Raiders (tentative)” 143 yen.
5 cards per pack, 15 packs per box.
45 cards total.
3 Secret Rares, 12 Super Rares, 30 Commons.
All Commons are available as Parallel Rare.
Build 3 different theme Decks based on Xyz Summoning!
Contains new cards as well as reprints of cards that are difficult to obtain.

Archfiend
14th September 2015, 06:21 AM
I wonder that the decks will be?

One for sure will probably be Raidraptors, but I can't even take a guess at the other two.

Yoyo
14th September 2015, 11:09 AM
Heres hoping for Phantom Knights

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 11:11 AM
Again, considering Yuto's likely duel with Sawatari in the manga this month, it wouldn't be too peculiar for him to use Phantom Knights, and thus Konami use this pack to package those Phantom Knights with the four unprinted ones from the TV show.

However, Shun does seem likely, especially if they want to take off pressure from his Deck in the anime, as Dennis and Shun's Duel is likely to exhibit quite a number of cards for both parties.

Hope in the Interstice
14th September 2015, 11:34 AM
Again, considering Yuto's likely duel with Sawatari in the manga this month, it wouldn't be too peculiar for him to use Phantom Knights, and thus Konami use this pack to package those Phantom Knights with the four unprinted ones from the TV show.

However, Shun does seem likely, especially if they want to take off pressure from his Deck in the anime, as Dennis and Shun's Duel is likely to exhibit quite a number of cards for both parties.
Both of those are very good points. That also covers two decks, so we're left with one which I'm willing to bet is going to be completely original and no one's going to be able to guess that.

Hm. The 19th can't come fast enough.

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 11:37 AM
Clearly, the third Deck is going to be like PSYFrames and relate to a thematic related early in Zexal. PSYFrames were Psychics, so clearly we should get more WIND Fish/Sea Serpents/Aquas.

In my dreams.

The general point being is I sincerely doubt everything will be Rank 4.

Hope in the Interstice
14th September 2015, 11:42 AM
Clearly, the third Deck is going to be like PSYFrames and relate to a thematic related early in Zexal. PSYFrames were Psychics, so clearly we should get more WIND Fish/Sea Serpents/Aquas.

In my dreams.

The general point being is I sincerely doubt everything will be Rank 4.
... I actually would very like much to see a deck like that.

Mari
14th September 2015, 04:21 PM
So when can we expect to see the OCG making card announcements from this set? I'm eager to see what this booster has and I think it's obvious to think they'll do it in October, but is there a chance they might start earlier?

kahunyu
14th September 2015, 04:30 PM
Set is in November, expect first news this week from VJump unless Shueisha and Konami are uber assholes.

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 05:02 PM
If it parallels the SPHR spoilers we should have:

- One or two cards of one of the themes and several cards for the titular Wing Raiders theme.

xeroplazm
14th September 2015, 05:25 PM
Is it possible that we could get more Number monsters in this set?

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 05:28 PM
It is possible, if they want to make a new game original Numbers theme.

Sky's the Limit until they tell us.

Mystic TimeKeeper
14th September 2015, 05:31 PM
There are supposed to be 100 Numbers, granted that the Over-Hundred series left that notion on shaky grounds, so I guess "100" is a more realistic limit than "The Sky".

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 05:35 PM
There's or so 20 slots left.

The Over Hundreds were frauds created by Don Thousand, that basically 'don't count'.

By Sky's the Limit, I mean the third theme could be anything Konami wants it to be.

Mystic TimeKeeper
14th September 2015, 05:38 PM
The third theme can really be whatever, I thought it was referred to Numbers (That are finite, but since Konami broke the pattern once I don't put past them to milk it a bit more).

Granted, they could finish the Numbers and put a lot of souls to rest but I see that as likely as to get the Planet Series finished at this point.

kahunyu
14th September 2015, 05:40 PM
They can technically go up into 108 if they feel like it. Philosophy lore and all.

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 05:41 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/108_(number)#Religion_and_the_arts
What Kahun means by Philosophy Lore. It's a spiritually significant number in East Asia.

kahunyu
14th September 2015, 07:07 PM
That and 108 sufferings has some thematic parallels to Pandora's box depending on the context

TenseiPatu
15th September 2015, 07:55 AM
Here's to hoping for some Rank 9 support or something.

Yuuri
15th September 2015, 06:34 PM
I personally would like to see some more Mecha Phantom Beast Xyz support, seeing as how the archetype was originally based around Xyz summons.

...that, and the archetype is lackluster as hell.

In other news, I do wonder what new Raidraptors are in store for us. I do hope we get a Rank 7 RR and a new RUM card.

kahunyu
15th September 2015, 07:09 PM
Based on SPHR, it's a new archtype based on things that went on in the series where things were most prominently featured.

Archfiend
15th September 2015, 07:19 PM
Here's to hoping for some Rank 9 support or something.

I second this. We need more support to bring out Xyz trishula easier :D

NeoArkadia
15th September 2015, 09:07 PM
I second this. We need more support to bring out Xyz trishula easier :D
But Evilswarm Ouroboros is Xyz Trish...

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 09:12 PM
Let trish die already.......

Archfiend
16th September 2015, 12:08 AM
But Evilswarm Ouroboros is Xyz Trish...

I was talking about the Rank 9 Xyz monster "Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir". It's similar to trish in terms of effect, but you are right about Ouroboros.

Shun Kurosaki
16th September 2015, 07:05 AM
I need more level 3 monsters for Devil Eagle and Wild Vulture.

Yuuri
16th September 2015, 10:00 PM
I need more level 3 monsters for Devil Eagle and Wild Vulture.

The deck revolves around summoning Rank 4 monsters, then using Rank-Up-Magic cards from there. The Level/Rank 3s are not of any use to the deck's current engine.

I do foresee another Rank 5-7 getting created though, which may be helpful to the archetype.

Mystic TimeKeeper
16th September 2015, 10:12 PM
The deck revolves around summoning Rank 4 monsters, then using Rank-Up-Magic cards from there. The Level/Rank 3s are not of any use to the deck's current engine.

I do foresee another Rank 5-7 getting created though, which may be helpful to the archetype.

Vulture is forgettable but both the Eagles are pretty good, so giving us ways to use them would be very appreciated, what I wish to see the most are some kind of Kaus effect and a CyDra-like special summon monster.

Yuuri
16th September 2015, 11:06 PM
Vulture is forgettable but both the Eagles are pretty good, so giving us ways to use them would be very appreciated, what I wish to see the most are some kind of Kaus effect and a CyDra-like special summon monster.

Yes, it would be appreciated, but it is not what the deck really needs. Perhaps we will eventually get a Raidraptor that modifies the level of other Raidraptor monsters, at least then the Rank 3 engine would be viable.

In my opinion, the deck needs more Rank-Up-Magic cards. Perhaps one that makes the summoned monster immune to card effects for the remainder of the turn. Or maybe, a RUM that works like Advanced Heraldry Art. I think would be very beneficial.

TheRamenNoodle
17th September 2015, 12:32 AM
Eh. The RUM cards are already decent enough. I would rather have more Lv 3s for sure. #3.5axisRuris

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 01:09 AM
Eh. The RUM cards are already decent enough. I would rather have more Lv 3s for sure. #3.5axisRuris

I'd rather have other Rank 4 Birds to start the ranking process off with. Rise Falcon is somewhat situational on its own and Force strix is awesome but searching aside can't really do much on its own. Something either Defensive or with more reliable offensive preasence

Hope in the Interstice
17th September 2015, 01:51 AM
I agree that we have enough Rank-Ups. What we need now are more targets for 'em.

Archfiend
17th September 2015, 04:17 AM
I agree that we have enough Rank-Ups. What we need now are more targets for 'em.

I'm guessing the next evolution would be a rank 7 Raidraptor xyz? Unless they pull some astral force shit and skip rank 7 and go straight to rank 8 cause Konami.

Hope in the Interstice
17th September 2015, 05:09 AM
I'm guessing the next evolution would be a rank 7 Raidraptor xyz? Unless they pull some astral force shit and skip rank 7 and go straight to rank 8 cause Konami.
I was actually thinking of another Level 5 and/or another Level 6.

Archfiend
17th September 2015, 05:28 AM

I'm guessing you meant rank instead of level?

It's most likely going to be a rank 6, but who knows. After the shit they pulled with Wild Vulture and Devil Eagle I wouldn't put it off that they wouldn't do that.

Shun Kurosaki
17th September 2015, 04:50 PM

That's why I need more of them.

Yuuri
17th September 2015, 11:18 PM
That's why I need more of them.

So we can clog the deck with irrelevant cards? Great idea.

I am not quite sure how a Level 5/6 would be helpful in a RR deck, especially since it would require a tribute just to summon it. Perhaps Konami could allow it to Special Summon itself by sending a Raidraptor the player controls to the graveyard.

I am pretty sure there is a Rank 7 Raidraptor across the horizon...

Hope in the Interstice
18th September 2015, 12:06 AM
I am not quite sure how a Level 5/6 would be helpful in a RR deck, especially since it would require a tribute just to summon it. Perhaps Konami could allow it to Special Summon itself by sending a Raidraptor the player controls to the graveyard.

I am pretty sure there is a Rank 7 Raidraptor across the horizon...
DAMN IT! I meant another Rank 5 and/or another Rank 6!

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 12:11 AM
THAT makes more sense. Vulture was stupid. we need more options for ranking

Yuuri
18th September 2015, 12:11 AM
DAMN IT! I meant another Rank 5 and/or another Rank 6!

In that case, we could use another Rank 5 and/or Rank 6. Probably something that negates opponent's cards, or attaches an opponent's monster to it as an Xyz Material.

I still say we need a RUM that works like Advanced Heraldry Art.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 12:16 AM
In that case, we could use another Rank 5 and/or Rank 6. Probably something that negates opponent's cards, or attaches an opponent's monster to it as an Xyz Material.

I still say we need a RUM that works like Advanced Heraldry Art.

They JUST lost access to Infinity, lets not make another one and think of something more original, thx

Yuuri
18th September 2015, 12:31 AM
They JUST lost access to Infinity, lets not make another one and think of something more original, thx

Raidraptors used Infinity? Since when? When is taking an opponent's monster and attaching it to an Xyz monster as an Xyz material NOT original? I am terribly sorry that having 2 monsters with that ability is considered a lot to you.

Having a Rank 7 with that ability is less cancerous than Infinity, especially if the monster is archetype specific. Additionally, Infinity was only a problem thanks to Ptolemaeus being accessible to to every Rank 4 deck around.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 12:44 AM
Raidraptors used Infinity? Since when? When is taking an opponent's monster and attaching it to an Xyz monster as an Xyz material NOT original? I am terribly sorry that having 2 monsters with that ability is considered a lot to you.

Having a Rank 7 with that ability is less cancerous than Infinity, especially if the monster is archetype specific. Additionally, Infinity was only a problem thanks to Ptolemaeus being accessible to to every Rank 4 deck around.

you telling me with a straight face that you never saw Raid Raptors, a rank 4 deck, ever go Ptol -> infinity? really?

also, there are 4 Monsters with that effect (101, C101, C9 and Infinity, in that order) and yes I think its unoriginal to just slap that effect onto another xyz after they just cut access to it for every deck, less cancerous or not. Hell Infinity itself was just one of the laziest things I ever saw.

to answer your question, it stopped being original when literally every rank 4 deck could have 2 different flavors of it. 101 is still a thing, Raid Raptors can still use it so instead of giving them an effect they already have access to as a new boss, something NEW would be nice.

Besides the Raid Raptors always had some battle focus so I doubt they'd get that effect anyway.

Yuuri
18th September 2015, 12:58 AM
you telling me with a straight face that you never saw Raid Raptors, a rank 4 deck, ever go Ptol -> infinity? really?

To be honest, I have not faced a RR deck that used such a cancerous thing.

also, there are 4 Monsters with that effect (101, C101, C9 and Infinity, in that order) and yes I think its unoriginal to just slap that effect onto another xyz after they just cut access to it for every deck, less cancerous or not. Hell Infinity itself was just one of the laziest things I ever saw.

To be fair, how many decks actually use C101 or C9? Both require the player to run RUM cards, which apparently not many players do. Additionally, C9 might as well be extinct since there are not many decks that can bring it out, and when a deck can bring out a Rank 9, it generally has better options such as Enterblathnir.

Besides the Raid Raptors always had some battle focus so I doubt they'd get that effect anyway.

They normally have a battle-focused effect along with a destruction effect, so you are probably on to something there. Perhaps my "prediction" would not fit in with the archetype. Since they have a mostly defensive playing style, perhaps the Rank 7 could return opposing monsters to the hand when attacked, since destroying them would just be another Mirror Force/Mirror Force Dragon.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 01:07 AM
they DO see play, not much anymore thanks to R4NK though. Trains played C9 and anything that does rank 5 can go C101. don't forget they don't have to be summoned via RUM.

That said I haven't seen C101 be played outside of my decks for a while but C9 in trains is still a thing

And I wouldn't call teh xyz Defensive by any means. the rest of their deck is, but not the xyz.
Still what effect would I give to a R7 Raptor....I should think about that

Yuuri
18th September 2015, 01:15 AM
And I wouldn't call teh xyz Defensive by any means. the rest of their deck is, but not the xyz.

Revolution Falcon can be defensive. Even if the opponent attacks it with a Special Summon monster, that monster's ATK becomes 0. Also, Force Strix is primarily for searching and defensive purposes. Other than Revolution Falcon and Strix, the rest of the Xyz monsters are relatively offensive.

I am curious as to what all will be in Wing Raiders, as far as RR support goes.

Shun Kurosaki
18th September 2015, 02:11 PM

They won't clog if they're actually decent and have proper effects that work with the multi rank/level build.

Yuuri
18th September 2015, 06:43 PM
They won't clog if they're actually decent and have proper effects that work with the multi rank/level build.

It would take nothing short of a miracle for Konami to make them compatible with the archetype's original function.

Perhaps if it had an effect like this, it would be viable:

You can only activate (1) once per turn. (1) If you control a face-up "Raidraptor" monster, aside from this card: you can Special Summon this monster from your hand. (2) During the Main Phase of the turn this card was summoned: you can decrease the level of all face-up "Raidraptor" monsters you control by one, until the end phase.

An effect as such would allow the archetype to summon Rank 3s and Rank 4s, all while maintaining consistency. Knowing Konami, they probably will not make such a card.

I am curious as to what other Phantom Knights will be in the pack. Hopefully there will be some Phantom Knight manga cards in Wing Raiders, because I don't foresee the deck being playable with only 4 cards available.

NeoArkadia
21st September 2015, 10:12 AM
Bottomless Trap Hole confirmed to be reprinted.

With two DARK themes, I wouldn't be shocked at an Allure of Darkness reprint.

narumaki03
21st September 2015, 06:39 PM
another offensive rank 4 won't hurt; rise falcon cannot live to it. revolution falcon can do magic by itself as long as you have astral force by your side. there's already too many RUMs to use for them. abuse the recruit and power draw, then you have them swarming the field like rabbits.

Thanako
21st September 2015, 06:53 PM

Gladiator Beasts, Lightsworns, Entermates, Synchrons, and naturally Blackwings (among with EVERY deck type for the most part) all have a slew of irrelevant cards. Konami generally makes baffling decisions with these types of things, but more specifically with anime cards. They can make it work, they've done it in the past. One key card can change the entire way a deck works. The gimmick of RR seems to be ranking up, after all. With some of what we've seen, don't be surprised if they make R1 and some more Level 1 as well.

NeoArkadia
21st September 2015, 09:57 PM
Rank Up and generally screwing over Special Summoned monsters (this is more so with the Falcons and the new Rank 3).

Also swarm.

but more specifically with anime cards. They can make it work, they've done it in the past.
Not helped by the TV show's guy who specifically makes the cards for the show trends towards getting increasingly more situational the more he has to make cards for an archetype.

Hope in the Interstice
21st September 2015, 10:37 PM
Not helped by the TV show's guy who specifically makes the cards for the show trends towards getting increasingly more situational the more he has to make cards for an archetype.
Doesn't even have to be for archetypes. Let us not forget Xyz Battle Chain.

Yuuri
24th September 2015, 12:50 AM
Gladiator Beasts, Lightsworns, Entermates, Synchrons, and naturally Blackwings (among with EVERY deck type for the most part) all have a slew of irrelevant cards. Konami generally makes baffling decisions with these types of things, but more specifically with anime cards. They can make it work, they've done it in the past. One key card can change the entire way a deck works. The gimmick of RR seems to be ranking up, after all. With some of what we've seen, don't be surprised if they make R1 and some more Level 1 as well.

You do have a good point. Konami does make some seemingly pointless cards, but in the end, all it takes is an innovative player to put it to good use. If they can make Rank 3 Raidraptors work, then more power to them.

Dread Kaiser
24th September 2015, 01:40 AM
You do have a good point. Konami does make some seemingly pointless cards, but in the end, all it takes is an innovative player to put it to good use. If they can make Rank 3 Raidraptors work, then more power to them.

tell that to the many metaplayers yelling at Konami to stop making this shit

Thanako
24th September 2015, 02:27 AM
tell that to the many metaplayers yelling at Konami to stop making this shit

Much of the community wanted a good Pendulum deck. These entertaining mates aren't cutting it! Then they got mad when Konami delivered with Qlips. Oh, and then they got mad when Zefra was made to not be so stupid. I don't want to sound preachy, but I'm not sure the community really knows what they want as a whole.

SynjoDeonecros
24th September 2015, 02:54 AM
They should just switch to Normal Pendulums. They have decent support without being overly broken or crap.

Yuuri
24th September 2015, 03:02 AM
Much of the community wanted a good Pendulum deck. These entertaining mates aren't cutting it! Then they got mad when Konami delivered with Qlips. Oh, and then they got mad when Zefra was made to not be so stupid. I don't want to sound preachy, but I'm not sure the community really knows what they want as a whole.

This. Your sentence perfectly describes what I think of the community, and is personally something I believe to be true. Many players do not know what they want anymore, so they complain about aspects of the game they do not like. Some even vent their frustration out on other players' because of their opinions. It is a terrible, vicious circle.

On topic: I am seriously curious on what the new Raidraptor is. It looks like a overgrown hummingbird to me, but maybe I am wrong.

Hope in the Interstice
24th September 2015, 03:04 AM
This. Your sentence perfectly describes what I think of the community, and is personally something I believe to be true. Many players do not know what they want anymore, so they complain about aspects of the game they do not like, and vent their frustration out on other players' opinions. It is a terrible, vicious circle.
I remember once hearing this from Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation fame: people don't know what they want so they ask for what they already have.

SynjoDeonecros
24th September 2015, 03:07 AM
I know what I want: a werebeast-based Gemini archetype. Do it, Konami, you have the rights to Metamorphic Force...

Dread Kaiser
24th September 2015, 03:40 AM
Never Heard of it

Yuuri
24th September 2015, 03:41 AM
I remember once hearing this from Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation fame: people don't know what they want so they ask for what they already have.

Thanks to you, I realized there was a grammatical error.

Anyways, I do hope this upcoming RR support is decent. I do have high hopes for a few cards, such as a RUM that functions like Advanced Heraldry Art, or a Rank 7. Though, I doubt we will get anything of the sort.

Dread Kaiser
24th September 2015, 04:11 AM
I just want another damn Rank 4 Raptor, one that actually has some staying power

Devocrown
24th September 2015, 05:01 AM
So many rank ups, too many to fit in my deck

Mystic TimeKeeper
24th September 2015, 07:37 AM
I just want them to release stuff that's playable as soon as it gets out, meaning if you want me to play RANK 3 have the decency of not leaving me with only 1 LV3 and a Archetype-Locked Xyz.

And I approve of the damn Rank 4 with staying power, something like Evilswarm Nightmare would be nice to have.

Hope in the Interstice
25th September 2015, 12:57 AM
So, anyone have any expectations for the Raidraptor cover card on Wing Raiders?
I decided to take this quote over here because it's more relevant.

In any event, I'm willing to bet it'll appear next episode.

Dread Kaiser
25th September 2015, 01:06 AM
Probably, assuming there is one. Revolution Falcon is one hell of a boss monster and given this one is going to be a Mighty Rank 7 (flashes back to ruler format) I hope they don't do what they did to Dark Matter when they make it....

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
25th September 2015, 01:44 AM
It sure as hell won't be generic; the minimum requirements, patterning off of previous Ruris, will be 3 Level 7 Wing Beasts.

Dread Kaiser
25th September 2015, 02:01 AM
It sure as hell won't be generic; the minimum requirements, patterning off of previous Ruris, will be 3 Level 7 Wing Beasts.

You underestimate Konami's ability to milk things. remember Dark Matter and how it suddenly became Dragon Setup?

Blue
25th September 2015, 03:43 AM
It could become OEM's new toy. After all, they love Xyz'ing for Rank 7

Archfiend
25th September 2015, 04:00 AM
Looks like the new Raidraptor that is shown in the next episode is on the cover of Wing Raiders. Could be Shun's new ace monster since it shows Yuto with his ace monster?
http://i.imgur.com/QoS3mv1.png

http://i.imgur.com/USs6lE2.png

Dread Kaiser
25th September 2015, 04:06 AM
YOU. SAUCE. NAO.
/allcaps

Archfiend
25th September 2015, 04:56 AM
YOU. SAUCE. NAO.
/allcaps

What? Sauce?

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
25th September 2015, 05:09 AM
I was wondering what that was... Thought it was a Machine Emperor at first glance.

Archfiend
25th September 2015, 05:20 AM
I was wondering what that was... Thought it was a Machine Emperor at first glance.

I'm surprised no one has brought it up yet. I just can't wait to see what it does since I'M guessing it's Shun's ace monster.

Hope in the Interstice
25th September 2015, 05:23 AM
I'm surprised no one has brought it up yet. I just can't wait to see what it does since I'M guessing it's Shun's ace monster.
Right now, I'm surprised it's in 2D. I wonder what kind of summoning animation it'll have? Or will they pull a Blaze Falcon on us?

ScionStorm
25th September 2015, 11:23 PM

Looks to me like his "Vulture" Xyz. He has Falcons for his lanius main deck monsters, Devil Eagle for his eagle main deck monsters, Force Strix for his main deck owl/Strix monsters and now a Vulture for his main deck Vulture monsters.

Dread Kaiser
25th September 2015, 11:30 PM
Oh you are here now

Hope in the Interstice
25th September 2015, 11:32 PM
Oh you are here now
Hallelujah!

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
26th September 2015, 01:00 AM
Looks to me like his "Vulture" Xyz. He has Falcons for his lanius main deck monsters, Devil Eagle for his eagle main deck monsters, Force Strix for his main deck owl/Strix monsters and now a Vulture for his main deck Vulture monsters.

Hm, good call. Although I do find it kind of odd that his supposed ace isn't still a Falcon. Unless, as Star Eater pointed out, since it's drawn in 2D, it'll only be a stepping stone. I do recall that in the Episode 34 preview, they showed only Blaze Falcon but not Revolution Falcon, so it might be a similar situation here.

Dread Kaiser
26th September 2015, 01:21 AM
Hm, good call. Although I do find it kind of odd that his supposed ace isn't still a Falcon. Unless, as Star Eater pointed out, since it's drawn in 2D, it'll only be a stepping stone. I do recall that in the Episode 34 preview, they showed only Blaze Falcon but not Revolution Falcon, so it might be a similar situation here.

Previews have had alterations before, Don't think the fact that it is 2D means anything quite yet

ScionStorm
26th September 2015, 01:31 AM
I was just guessing based on what it looks like.

Wait, who's here now?

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
26th September 2015, 01:31 AM
Fair enough... I just want more Ruris.

Mystic TimeKeeper
26th September 2015, 02:41 PM
So, how many people are testing Phantom Knights already?

KingJinzo
8th October 2015, 08:49 AM
I'm hoping for new Numbers. And I want Number imports and reprints for Europe when the TCG version comes out. Still waiting for Crystal Zero.

Hope in the Interstice
8th October 2015, 09:17 AM
I'm hoping for new Numbers. And I want Number imports and reprints for Europe when the TCG version comes out. Still waiting for Crystal Zero.
I very much doubt there'll be new Numbers here. We'd have to wait for a ZeXal nostalgia set for that.

Yuuri
8th October 2015, 12:26 PM
What I am hoping for are some new Raidraptors. I mean, I know it is bound to happen, but what I fear is that the new cards would not be relevant to the Rank 4 engine. I am so expecting Rank-Up-Magic - Double Death Force to be released so I can remove Raptor's Force from my deck.

Mystic TimeKeeper
8th October 2015, 01:35 PM
I'd really like a monsters that recycles RR from the grave (basically a Sirius) and some Menkoto parent (possibly LV4).

IsaiahSweet
8th October 2015, 01:43 PM
I very much doubt there'll be new Numbers here. We'd have to wait for a ZeXal nostalgia set for that.

They could put some of the manga Numbers in here.

KingJinzo
8th October 2015, 01:46 PM
There were Stardust Spark and Black Rose Moonlight in High-Speed Riders. At least reprints and imports should be there in my opinion.

Hope in the Interstice
8th October 2015, 01:47 PM
There were Stardust Spark and Black Rose Moonlight in High-Speed Riders. At least reprints and imports should be there in my opinion.
Hence why I said "new" Numbers.

ScionStorm
8th October 2015, 07:12 PM
What I am hoping for are some new Raidraptors. I mean, I know it is bound to happen, but what I fear is that the new cards would not be relevant to the Rank 4 engine. I am so expecting Rank-Up-Magic - Double Death Force to be released so I can remove Raptor's Force from my deck.

I'd really like a monsters that recycles RR from the grave (basically a Sirius) and some Menkoto parent (possibly LV4).

Raidraptor Necro Vulture and Raidraptor Last Stryx have not come out. I doubt there is much room for any more new RR monsters what with all the Xyz monsters that will probably be filling spaces. Satellite Cannon Falcon is probably number 21. Which leaves three or four spots for RR main deck reprints plus Necro Vulture and Last Stryx.

Mystic TimeKeeper
8th October 2015, 07:31 PM
Raidraptor Necro Vulture and Raidraptor Last Stryx have not come out. I doubt there is much room for any more new RR monsters what with all the Xyz monsters that will probably be filling spaces. Satellite Cannon Falcon is probably number 21. Which leaves three or four spots for RR main deck reprints plus Necro Vulture and Last Stryx.

We can still hope that those will go into the normal boosters OR get buffed to match our desires, that's an option.
After Soul Shave Force I can say we can be a bit more optimistic than we were after they revealed Vulture.

ScionStorm
8th October 2015, 08:49 PM
We're getting Forc Stryx so I wouldn't be surprised if Tribute Lanius gets reprinted here as well.

KingJinzo
9th October 2015, 11:55 AM
We're getting Forc Stryx so I wouldn't be surprised if Tribute Lanius gets reprinted here as well.
We need Tribute Lanius. He makes the deck more consistent. And of course, he searches our Quick-Play RUMs.

Yuuri
11th October 2015, 08:59 PM
I hope Double Death Force gets released. If it manages to keep its effect, it would be one flexible card that the archetype could utilize. That, and Tribute Lanius can search it.

I am still hoping Satellite Cannon Falcon gets buffed. It seriously needs another effect, like the ability to attack all monsters, or target immunity.

IsaiahSweet
13th October 2015, 01:57 PM
Surprise surprise! Satellite and Necro Vulture are in. Also the third theme is revealed. (http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/45693853.html)

MystikX
13th October 2015, 02:04 PM
Third theme is apparently called Exceeds. I shit you not.

IsaiahSweet
13th October 2015, 02:07 PM
Third theme is apparently called Exceeds. I shit you not.

*Waits for Syncs, Fuses, Rits, Tribs, Pends*

A friend and I are gonna guess the Xyz is summoned by adding Ranks.

Mystic TimeKeeper
13th October 2015, 02:15 PM
So, leaving the 3rd theme apart, When I saw Satellite Cannon Falcon I had this sudden urge to find Eva.

Dread Kaiser
13th October 2015, 02:18 PM
Galaxy destroyers got a friend, we fucked

SynjoDeonecros
13th October 2015, 03:49 PM
Great, my boyfriend insists on calling the Xyz monsters "Exceeds", instead of "ixeez", so this is going to throw him for a loop...

ScionStorm
13th October 2015, 07:22 PM
The new Chouryou archtype

https://youtu.be/71Hr3AzLhGM

Pendulum
13th October 2015, 07:24 PM
The new Chouryou archtype

https://youtu.be/71Hr3AzLhGM

You're really a Power Ranger's fanatic, aren't you?
This seems the right archtype for you.

ScionStorm
13th October 2015, 07:27 PM
First six seasons were part of my childhood. I'd watch it without fail.

Pendulum
13th October 2015, 07:34 PM
First six seasons were part of my childhood. I'd watch it without fail.

Yeah, I was more or less like that when I was a kid. But it wasn't a crucial show as part of my childhood. I mean, nowadays it doesn't have any impact on me. Especially as much as it has on you

Norleras
13th October 2015, 08:18 PM
RR - Necro Vulture could have the effect from the anime.
RR - Satellite Cannon Falcon: the 1st effect was unexpected, the 2nd was improved a bit.
I hope they reveal a RR rank 7.

starofpower
14th October 2015, 03:13 PM
I like all archetypes in this set great! Especially the PR Archtype. oh yeah, I'm new to the forum.

Majin
30th October 2015, 07:32 PM
The real question is if the Super Quantum will be given more support in the future or be left to the fate of other mini-archetypes (Anyone remember there being Aroma support? Me neither.)

I'd love to see two more pilots added to make a sort of 'second zord' kind of thing, similar to how the xyz-fusion had the vw-fusion. Would be even cooler to see those two overlay then into one giant superspecialawesome zord. We shall call it, the Saitama. And it shall be great.

Mystic TimeKeeper
31st October 2015, 08:35 AM
The real question is if the Super Quantum will be given more support in the future or be left to the fate of other mini-archetypes (Anyone remember there being Aroma support? Me neither.)

I'd love to see two more pilots added to make a sort of 'second zord' kind of thing, similar to how the xyz-fusion had the vw-fusion. Would be even cooler to see those two overlay then into one giant superspecialawesome zord. We shall call it, the Saitama. And it shall be great.

I get wanting more support but please no, we don't need to make this game irreparabily broken. You can't even ban that thing, it would just punch the list along with Konami HQ to smitherness.

And doesn't fit the theme gladly.

ScionStorm
31st October 2015, 08:53 AM

Why are you comparing an archetype introduced in the main sets with one introduced in a special pack? Anyway, we have Tribe Force as an example that Booster Special original archetypes can cross over into main sets and add support if Konami can find space and a reason to do so. They do so love their cross-promotion.

Majin
1st November 2015, 01:14 PM
Why are you comparing an archetype introduced in the main sets with one introduced in a special pack? Anyway, we have Tribe Force as an example that Booster Special original archetypes can cross over into main sets and add support if Konami can find space and a reason to do so. They do so love their cross-promotion.

Yeah, but unfortunately they also like dropping themes into the pit of oblivion, never to return again. Sometimes I wish they'd just make a special "Support Pack" with a bunch of support for older themes that got dropped off like Bounzer, Butterfly Assassins, Aroma, the list goes on. I mean sure we've gotten some mini archetypes to work but one with only 3 main members? That's 9 monsters, 12 if you're going to run 3 of the Alphan guy. I'm just saying they could use the two other members and maybe another Alphan (Betan lol). Could make it a talking sword. GET IT!?! Eh, Eh?

Hope in the Interstice
1st November 2015, 01:34 PM
and maybe another Alphan (Betan lol). Could make it a talking sword. GET IT!?! Eh, Eh?
No, sorry.

CV Red
3rd November 2015, 03:48 AM
Waiting for more (Game Original) Phantom Knights and maybe new Rank-Up for Ruri Raptors.

I don't really like Superquantum, like at all.

Dyson Sphere
3rd November 2015, 03:58 AM
hmmm they took away my towers in tcg so i'll use the rank 12 as the new towers, i'll make a turbo deck for him and see how many decks i stop in their tracks

Hope in the Interstice
3rd November 2015, 03:59 AM
You are dead to me. So dead, in fact, that not even three Monster Reborns could bring you back.

ScionStorm
3rd November 2015, 05:52 AM
Waiting for more (Game Original) Phantom Knights and maybe new Rank-Up for Ruri Raptors.

Doubt they will be game-original PK monsters. Yuto is probably going to play 2 new monsters in a flashback either just before the set's release or the following Sunday. And we might get the 2 Trap Monsters printed from the manga as well... or they could just print Booby Trap E and reprint the PK of Shadow Veil.

Dread Kaiser
3rd November 2015, 07:01 AM
That
More Knights would be nice, but they didn't do it for Speedroids or Resonators, don't see them doing it for them

CV Red
3rd November 2015, 07:57 AM
You are dead to me. So dead, in fact, that not even three Monster Reborns could bring you back.
It's an Xyz deck without Xyz summoning ability minus Alphan and the Field Spell that aren't Xyz styled at all, why would I like it? You can make them contact fusion or mask fusion deck and it won't have many differences.

That
More Knights would be nice, but they didn't do it for Speedroids or Resonators, don't see them doing it for them
It's just a little hope because RRs got Impale, Mimicry, and Tribute, which never appear on anime. I do realize they are created because Konami DARK bird fetish tho.

ScionStorm
3rd November 2015, 08:03 AM
Those were Shueisha promos.

Hope in the Interstice
3rd November 2015, 08:04 AM
Those were Shueisha promos.
Not Sharp or Mimicry. Plus, Fluffal Dog, Owl, Rabbit, Cat, and Frightfur Wolf.

Mystic TimeKeeper
3rd November 2015, 08:04 AM
It's an Xyz deck without Xyz summoning ability minus Alphan and the Field Spell that aren't Xyz styled at all, why would I like it? You can make them contact fusion or mask fusion deck and it won't have many differences.

Wow, that's like the picture of PSYframes, if Konami had not an Xyz fetish this should totally be a Fusion.

ScionStorm
3rd November 2015, 08:10 AM
You are correct, sir. My mistake. I do believe Sora will eventually play those monsters in the anime at some point. He's played several cards with Frightfur Wolf in the artwork on it. I also still want to see a Frightfur Owl vs. RR Last Strix.

Hope in the Interstice
3rd November 2015, 08:19 AM
Wow, that's like the picture of PSYframes, if Konami had not an Xyz fetish this should totally be a Fusion.
In that vein, Mask Fusion is basically just Ritual Summoning, though.

IsaiahSweet
3rd November 2015, 03:26 PM
Xyz Monsters makes sense since they want you to be able to get a bonus for having the appropriate Pilot (as Xyz Material) while making them still useful without that pilot.

For Phantom Knights, if Yuto's trap monsters (Shade Brigandine and Dark Guantlet) become regular monsters, there's room for all of his anime and manga cards (Des Spear, Wing, Sword, Tomb Shield) sans Booby Trap (including a Shadow Veil reprint).

ScionStorm
3rd November 2015, 06:46 PM
I hope Yuto's trap monsters don't get turned into regular monsters. I like the idea that all the effect monsters are level 3 and all the trap monsters are level 4 and half the monster in his deck being Trap Monsters.