PDA

View Full Version : Generic XYZ recommendations?

Jolan
22nd October 2015, 05:07 AM
Well, the title is pretty simple but I'll try to expand on it.

I recently got back into YuGiOh after a long time of absence and the presence of local players is really giving me the urge to get into this game more-so.
With the money I saved up, during this year I've gotten a box of Highspeed Riders, a couple of Synchron Extreme, the 5D's Legendary Collection.
From that, I managed to make a Quasar Deck, a Speedroid deck and a Red Dragon Resonator deck, which I'm sort of happy with (could be better)

However, I'm getting a bit tired of my Synchros, and I want to try out the new XYZ method. So I got a deal from the local store, and bought a box of Gold 2 and the 2 tins of 2015. From that and all the helpful people in the local area (who traded me quite a few things for my Gold2 pulls), I managed to start building not one or two but three XYZ-focused decks.
So far I have the core of Tellars (3 Altair 3 Vega 2 Deneb 1 Sirius 1 Triverr 1 Delteros), a whole lot of Raidraptors (missing only 1 Singing Lanius and 1 RR Nest to have 3 of each RR card), and the basics of Heraldic Beasts (lacking important things like Leo, Aberconway, Amphisbaena, Unicorn, the spell cards). :confused:

I'm not sure exactly what to do at this point. I do want to play Tellars because they look so cool (cosmic knights, and their XYZ are SOOO SHINY), but the rest of the deck is very expensive, with 3 Alpha being 15$ min, and 3 of each of the 2 Star Seraphs is probably something like 45$.
On the other hand, Raidraptors don't even have Force Strix or Tribute Lanius until Winged Raiders in early 2016 (no clue on the date tbh), so they're mostly unplayable without proxying those 2 cards. Not to mention needing rare cards like Harpie Harpist, Swallow's Nest, Icarus Attack...
Meanwhile Heraldic Beasts, I like playing them online, but they are super slow after the ban of Chain, and I'm also lacking in almost all of them =( That's not even mentioning support cards like Photon Thrasher and Kagetokage! :(

...But anyway, back to the original point of this. If I manage to swallow the cost and make either of those 3 decks, that leaves me with the problem of actually lacking any sort of Extra Deck in terms of XYZ. I have Castel and Dark Rebellion from the tins, as well as 2 times 101 from Gold2, but that's where I stop in cold tracks. I'm not exactly sure what else I would have to shell out money for...! After all, XYZ decks are only as playable as far as the XYZ monsters you can play. And I don't have many of those. So I am writing this thread to see if I can get some sort of support and/or suggestions in terms of what's affordable, what's good to use, and what I could do to obtain it.

I put emphasis on affordable, since I don't have such a great budget. Over 10 months I've spent nearly 250$ on this god-forsaken cardboard crack, and with new booster sets coming out that pique my interest, I can't afford to dump all my extra cash from birthday and holidays on it. For example, I want DMOC so I could make an affordable Majespecter deck, since basically all of the cards for a fun pendulum deck are in a single booster box, BUT I'm not sure if that's worth the 70$ for a whole box if I also have to buy Luster Pendulum and such on the side. I also want BOSH because of the imports spoiled so far, things like Cyber Dragon Infinity and Traptrix Rafflesia look like very strong XYZ monsters that I could add to my arsenal... :mad:

But enough ranting, I think that's it for now. I would be happy to hear any sort of suggestions and tips from all you knowledgeable card game players. Being a European player is suffering.

Crow the BOOLET
23rd October 2015, 04:14 AM
Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon, Castel the Sky Musketeer, Number 101, Gagaga Cowboy, Evilswarm Exciton Knight, Abyss Dweller are some generic Rank 4 XYZ everyone throws in for a good reason.

Raid Raptors are good but as you said we lack Force Strix but you can work around it a bit. But yeah those are some ideas for you.

Jolan
23rd October 2015, 04:20 AM
Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon, Castel the Sky Musketeer, Number 101, Gagaga Cowboy, Evilswarm Exciton Knight, Abyss Dweller are some generic Rank 4 XYZ everyone throws in for a good reason.

Raid Raptors are good but as you said we lack Force Strix but you can work around it a bit. But yeah those are some ideas for you.
Dark Rebellion and Castel came from the tins, so that's a good start, and I have 2 times Number 101 from Gold 2!
As far as Cowboy and Exciton go, I don't think they've been reprinted so they have really high costs, don't they?
But abyss dweller is cheap, I'll check out if someone has it!

ScionStorm
23rd October 2015, 04:34 AM
I'm not sure how generic XYZ Dragon Cannon can be. Still, I guess if Kaiba can splash it with Blue-Eyes and everything else in his deck, I guess it can work well enough.

Vulnoth
23rd October 2015, 05:31 AM
I'm not sure how generic XYZ Dragon Cannon can be. Still, I guess if Kaiba can splash it with Blue-Eyes and everything else in his deck, I guess it can work well enough.

As someone who runs all of XYZ in his homebrew Chaos deck, I can vouch for this statement. Its splashability is absolutely splashing (http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.12999376.3755/fc,550x550,white.jpg).

Anywho, Number 80 is pretty useful, and Stellarknight Delteros is a solid card all around.

Jolan
23rd October 2015, 06:35 AM
As someone who runs all of XYZ in his homebrew Chaos deck, I can vouch for this statement. Its splashability is absolutely splashing (http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.12999376.3755/fc,550x550,white.jpg).

Anywho, Number 80 is pretty useful, and Stellarknight Delteros is a solid card all around.
I will consider Rhapsody in Berserk, though I'm not sure how useful its effect is.
And Delteros looks so good, I think cards outside of Stellarknights can play it, too?

clairedestroyer!
23rd October 2015, 07:54 AM
Rhapsody in Berserk is a very relevant card, because unlike Dweller it can hit non-monsters and cards that don't necessarily activate, like Shurit.

Pendulum
23rd October 2015, 08:34 AM
I also use Cairngorgon. It's useful sometimes.

Rhapsody in Berserk is a very relevant card, because unlike Dweller it can hit non-monsters and cards that don't necessarily activate, like Shurit.

Yes, I like it too. Could mess with opponent's future plays. And its ATK boost can go for game.

Jolan
23rd October 2015, 09:44 AM

So it's similar to Dweller but its strength lies in the fact that it can target non-monsters, so banishing the spells/traps of several decks might cripple them a lot?
That sounds reasonable. I wasn't exactly sure of Dweller's power, either. It just stops Burning Abyss, is that it?

clairedestroyer!
23rd October 2015, 10:20 AM
Dweller is relevant against BA, Nekroz, Shaddoll, Kozmo, Clowns and a lot of other decks. Rhapsody works against all those too, but while it's primary interaction is worse, it has niche cases where it's better. Nekroz for example, Rhapsody can remove mirrors from Grave so they can't be recurred. It can also turn off Valkyrus, by getting rid of targets Valk needs to banish to end the battle phase. It can do similar in Shaddoll by getting rid of fusions so that they cant recover it when Construct/Winda/etc die.

Indytotof
23rd October 2015, 01:19 PM
Evilswarm Exciton Knight.

This is self explainatory.

As Castel.

Jolan
24th October 2015, 07:49 AM
I picked up a cute thing called Heartland Draco? Attacking directly seems quite neat imo.
Currently on the lookout for Rhapsody in Berserk, since it might help the Raidraptor Xyz's low atk power.

As for Exciton, that card is apparently 35$? That's twice as expensive as Trishula currently. Is he not getting reprinted? That's quite a huge cost.