PDA

View Full Version : Resonator "C"-nchro

Tihus
25th October 2015, 05:22 PM
What's up guys, I really like the idea of using the new resonators but a lot of builds struggle in grind games because as you may be aware, resonators do a lot of synchro laddering which can make you go pretty minus so if your opponent gets around your synchro then you're screwed. This is why I wanted to make a build which has a lot of floating and disruption, so I settled on using insects. This may seem like an odd choice but there are a lot of insect floaters (e.g. Resonance Insect and Retaliating "C") and disruptive insect support cards (Retaliating "C" and Lair Wire), so the deck works pretty well, anyway here it is:

Monsters- 20

3 Red Resonator
3 Synkron Resonator
3 Retaliating "C"
3 Maxx "C"
3 Resonance Insect
1 Howling Insect
3 Primitive Butterfly
1 Doom Dozer

Spells- 9
Raigeki
3 Resonator Call
1 Resonator Engine
3 MST
1 Insect Imitation

Traps- 11
3 Lair Wire
Bottomless Trap Hole
Vanity's Emptiness
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Solemn Warning
Ring of Destruction
3 Fiendish Chain

Extra deck- 15
1 Sky Cavalry Centaurea
1 Catastor
1 Armades
1 Vulcan the Divine
1 Underground Arachnid
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Red Wyvern
1 Yazi
1 Clear Wing Synchro Dragon
1 Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Hot Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Stardust Spark Dragon
1 Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss

So it's kind of an anti-meta-ish synchro deck, let me know what you think, just to prove it does work here is the deck in action against Shiranui https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne_u1UWAaBw

Pendulum
25th October 2015, 06:16 PM
Wow, cool idea!
Those traps, though... I just don't like them because they take character to the deck. This is just personal opinion. But I guess, the deck needs them too much, right? I mean, how good would the deck work without them?

Indytotof
25th October 2015, 07:15 PM
Where are bane, king calamity, nova and scarlight ?

Also...

- 1 Armades (Underground Arachnid does the same job)
- 1 Yazi or Scrap (the two have the same effect. Choose one of them. Personally, I will go for Yazi)
- 1 Stardust Spark (accomplish nothing for the deck and Beelze is a better choice for the Scrap combo)
- 1 Catastor

+ 1 Bane (recycle your "RDA" monsters)
+ 1 Nova (immunity to destruction and powefull beatstick)
+ 1 Calamity (Armades on steroid and 4k attacker that burns the opponent)
+ 1 Scarlight (nuke opponent's monsters and burns him)

Blue
26th October 2015, 12:22 AM
Wow, I just watched the video, and this is a nice deck, I've never seen anything like it.

Tihus
26th October 2015, 12:28 AM
Wow, cool idea!
Those traps, though... I just don't like them because they take character to the deck. This is just personal opinion. But I guess, the deck needs them too much, right? I mean, how good would the deck work without them?

Thanks :), I get what you mean but the traps are there in case I can't combo and I need to slow down my opponent, I suppose you could make a turbo build instead :)

Tihus
26th October 2015, 12:35 AM
Where are bane, king calamity, nova and scarlight ?

Also...

- 1 Armades (Underground Arachnid does the same job)
- 1 Yazi or Scrap (the two have the same effect. Choose one of them. Personally, I will go for Yazi)
- 1 Stardust Spark (accomplish nothing for the deck and Beelze is a better choice for the Scrap combo)
- 1 Catastor

+ 1 Bane (recycle your "RDA" monsters)
+ 1 Nova (immunity to destruction and powefull beatstick)
+ 1 Calamity (Armades on steroid and 4k attacker that burns the opponent)
+ 1 Scarlight (nuke opponent's monsters and burns him)
Armades is easier to summon than arachnid and prevents monster effects as well as spell and traps
Yazi and Scrap are different levels and serve mostly different purposes, I use Yazi when I want a targeting-immune beatstick and scrap dragon I normally use in conjunction with a floater e.g. Synkron resonator to pop an opponent's card and recycle a resonator
Stardust spark I can see your point with because I rarely go into it, I might swap it out for a scarright, beelze I don't particularly like though
Not really too enamored with Bane because I'd need 2 red resonators and primitive butterfly to make, and nova and calamity are not really worth the effort in making and it's pretty difficult ( I run 6 tuners, so i'd have to use 1/3 to make them in addition to the tuner I used to make the original red dragon archfiend synchro, scarlight I might add in though

Thanks for your suggestions :)

Wow, I just watched the video, and this is a nice deck, I've never seen anything like it.

Pendulum
26th October 2015, 12:47 AM
Thanks :), I get what you mean but the traps are there in case I can't combo and I need to slow down my opponent, I suppose you could make a turbo build instead :)

Sorry, but I most certainly couldn't. At least for now, since I don't know the effects of a lot of those monsters.
I just said that about the traps, because persnoally I don't like them. It's a matter of taste. But they're very good traps and if they work for you, that's good. Again, if it was me making that deck, I wouldn't use them because I don't like them. I tend to focus more on monsters. Lair Wire is cool because it fits the insect theme.
Again, it's a cool deck. "C" + Resonator. A combination I wouldn't have expected. Keep it up!

Tihus
26th October 2015, 12:55 AM
Sorry, but I most certainly couldn't. At least for now, since I don't know the effects of a lot of those monsters.
I just said that about the traps, because persnoally I don't like them. It's a matter of taste. But they're very good traps and if they work for you, that's good. Again, if it was me making that deck, I wouldn't use them because I don't like them. I tend to focus more on monsters. Lair Wire is cool because it fits the insect theme.
Again, it's a cool deck. "C" + Resonator. A combination I wouldn't have expected. Keep it up!

Ah fair enough, each to their own I guess ^^ I totally get it I love combo OTK decks so normally avoid traps , thanks ^^

Jolan
26th October 2015, 04:50 AM
I like how you're using an insect engine for Resonators laddering. I'm currently still using Primitive Butterfly and such but I'm gathering cards for an Artifacts Engine on the side. The reasons are the same, the deck needs more disruption and ways to clear backrow so your laddering happens uninterrupted. With Artifacts, I can wipe backrow and play for disruptions during my opponent's turn, while also special summoning the Artifacts out so they can be used as level 5 material for Synchros during my turn.

Tihus
26th October 2015, 10:44 AM
I like how you're using an insect engine for Resonators laddering. I'm currently still using Primitive Butterfly and such but I'm gathering cards for an Artifacts Engine on the side. The reasons are the same, the deck needs more disruption and ways to clear backrow so your laddering happens uninterrupted. With Artifacts, I can wipe backrow and play for disruptions during my opponent's turn, while also special summoning the Artifacts out so they can be used as level 5 material for Synchros during my turn.

Thanks :), that's a really good idea have you tested it out yet, if so how did it go? :)

Jolan
26th October 2015, 06:45 PM
Thanks :), that's a really good idea have you tested it out yet, if so how did it go? :)

It does keep the deck's design of laddering, and having access to level 5s allows you to jump into level 7 & 8 synchros very fast. Backrow removal via Double Cyclone and Ignition allows you to avoid painful cards like Solemn Warning and Bottomless, for when you're making your synchros.
However, it's sort of unreliable in letting you open into a synchro immediately, as in on Turn 1 or 2, depending on whether you go first or second. You wouldn't necessarily want to make a Synchro, sure, but that sort of issue I've only managed to (sort of) fix by adding 3 Galaxy Soldiers to the deck. The discard cost is high, you'll be ditching Artifacts to get a Soldier out, but at least it searches itself?
You also don't get to benefit from Red Resonator's normal summon effect much, unless it is to follow up by getting another resonator out of your hand and into the field. That's not necessary unless you run more than just Red & Synclone Resonators.

Anyway, I do have a couple of Resonance Insects irl, so I'd be willing to try out your Insect Engine, but alas, the prices of Maxx C and Retaliating C very much put me off. However, I really enjoy your usage of Lair Wire and Doom Dozer to make use of your Resonance Insect's banish effect. Maybe there could be a stable searching loop in there, somehow. Synchro with Resonance, search Butterfly, banish Resonance with Trap/Monster, send something to grave, more searching/special summoning? Would be fun to figure it out.

Tihus
27th October 2015, 09:22 AM
It does keep the deck's design of laddering, and having access to level 5s allows you to jump into level 7 & 8 synchros very fast. Backrow removal via Double Cyclone and Ignition allows you to avoid painful cards like Solemn Warning and Bottomless, for when you're making your synchros.
However, it's sort of unreliable in letting you open into a synchro immediately, as in on Turn 1 or 2, depending on whether you go first or second. You wouldn't necessarily want to make a Synchro, sure, but that sort of issue I've only managed to (sort of) fix by adding 3 Galaxy Soldiers to the deck. The discard cost is high, you'll be ditching Artifacts to get a Soldier out, but at least it searches itself?
You also don't get to benefit from Red Resonator's normal summon effect much, unless it is to follow up by getting another resonator out of your hand and into the field. That's not necessary unless you run more than just Red & Synclone Resonators.

Anyway, I do have a couple of Resonance Insects irl, so I'd be willing to try out your Insect Engine, but alas, the prices of Maxx C and Retaliating C very much put me off. However, I really enjoy your usage of Lair Wire and Doom Dozer to make use of your Resonance Insect's banish effect. Maybe there could be a stable searching loop in there, somehow. Synchro with Resonance, search Butterfly, banish Resonance with Trap/Monster, send something to grave, more searching/special summoning? Would be fun to figure it out.

It sounds fun :), If you used Call of the Haunted as well you could special summon and hence trigger any Artifacts you discarded with Soldier or you could have a couple of light resonators like Mirror and Chain Resonator which you could then add back if you synchro with Synkron plus Mirror can get its effect from grave. Yeah Maxx C is killer expensive at the moment. Thank you :), possibly I mean you could add Level Eater to make some sort of shenanigans but the extra deck is full and i'm not sure what it would really add, it would be fun to figure out though as you say :)

Dark Ace SP
3rd November 2015, 05:13 PM
Hope you don't mind, but I tried out your deck. However, I threw in a E-Teleport tuner engine to help supplement the Resonators, because honestly having only 6 Red Resonators (Monster + Call) wasn't really enough. Just my two cents.

Tihus
7th November 2015, 01:35 AM
Hope you don't mind, but I tried out your deck. However, I threw in a E-Teleport tuner engine to help supplement the Resonators, because honestly having only 6 Red Resonators (Monster + Call) wasn't really enough. Just my two cents.

No please do try it :) did the e-tele tuners help? :)

Dark Ace SP
7th November 2015, 05:54 PM
No please do try it :) did the e-tele tuners help? :)

They did help, it wasn't always easy to Red Resonator, and having the E-Tele targets did allow me to actually do something other than set a monster and hope I got to a Tuner. But it still felt like the deck was lacking in some way, but I'm not really sure what. I honestly want to try out some small engine to speed up the deck a bit more.

Tihus
10th November 2015, 01:01 AM
They did help, it wasn't always easy to Red Resonator, and having the E-Tele targets did allow me to actually do something other than set a monster and hope I got to a Tuner. But it still felt like the deck was lacking in some way, but I'm not really sure what. I honestly want to try out some small engine to speed up the deck a bit more.

I get what you mean, cool let me know how it goes :)