PDA

View Full Version : Raidraptor (Pure Build)

WeekendWarrior
26th October 2015, 04:30 PM
Been playing with these little birds for little since about January this year,
Started off with a rubbish build some youtuber featured including Goblindberghs and Sacred Cranes.
Eventually managed to escape that hellhole with steady releases of new cards.

http://i.imgur.com/MpsCjZc.png

Due to a steady hatred of cheap tactics and a bunch of peer pressure from mates, I've avoided the use of Cyber Dragon Infinity.
Although the card undoubtedly has its own benefits, it just doesn't suit the theme of the archtype.

The deck itself is very reliant early on having Vanishing Lanius's effect work, with newer cards being released like Great Horn of Heaven and Solemn Notice,
I'm looking for some options whilst still keeping to the archtype. At the moment, I'm heavily considering cards like Soul Charge / Monster Reborn.

The Skull Eagle / Raidraptor - Call into Devil Eagle combo is something I've also been meaning to pull off, unfortunately the cards just haven't fallen in my lap to use yet.

Suggestions / Opinions?

Edit -
This is my side deck.. still somewhat experimental as I'm ironing out the kinks in the main deck.
http://i.imgur.com/P6XrAn8.png

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
26th October 2015, 10:09 PM
I'd keep one Astral Force since it allows you to immediately go from Force Strix to Revolution Falcon, or now Revolution Falcon to Satellite Cannon Falcon. Raigeki I feel is warranted to bait out negations or break out of certain stuns to enable your plays to go through. Dubious about Allure of Darkness because I feel usually I have the monsters in hand more often than not; it's getting them on the field that can prove a bit more problematic.

WeekendWarrior
26th October 2015, 10:40 PM
I've found Allure useful for getting to some spells that are otherwise unsearchable.
Sure it's luck.. but better than nothing.

Yuuri
26th October 2015, 10:52 PM
I am still trying to find a balance in the deck, myself. One problem I have is maintaining field presence. I either have too many resources at one given time or not enough. I am glad I am not the only one who opted not to use Infinity. In place of Infinity, I would use Norito the Moral Leader. It cannot negate monster effects, but it is more reliable than Raptor's Gust.

After seeing your decklist, I can only offer a few suggestions.

-2 Skull Eagle
-1 Necro Vulture
-1 Raptor's Ultimate Mace
-1 Revolution Force
-1 Force Strix
-1 Devil Eagle
-1 No. 103

+1 Singing Lanius
+1 Last Strix
+1/2 Rank 8 Xyz Monsters
+1 Norito (since you are not running Infinity)
+1 CXyz Simon the Moral Leader (Great card to counter Infinity (if already baited), No. 101, and other popular monsters)
+1 Double Death Force (gives easier access to Rank 8+, though it is somewhat slow.)
+1/2 Xyz Reborn (I know it is slow, but it can be invaluable in this deck.)

WeekendWarrior
27th October 2015, 01:48 AM
None of the cards you're suggesting help the problems I am having. :(

Also, Raigeki is TCG. Not OCG.

Crow the BOOLET
27th October 2015, 02:00 AM
I love the Raid Raptors and while I love Skull/Devil Eagle its not that great to be honest. It does punish special summons while getting even more plus you already have, its really best for late game if that makes sense. It can help get out some Rank 4/5s via RUM but even then Mimicry does that better. I'd recommend dropping it to be honest unless you're going for a more fun build. I'm also on the fence about Necro Vulture right now. It has a good effect that helps you get some RUM from grave but you need to use it or you get nothing. Good for Soul Shave Force but otherwise its just kind of there.

As for an extra deck suggestion Cyber Dragon Infinity which you can get via SSF and DDF. Its GG from there. Yuuri has pretty much the best suggestions here.

WeekendWarrior
27th October 2015, 12:44 PM
I am still trying to find a balance in the deck, myself. One problem I have is maintaining field presence. I either have too many resources at one given time or not enough. I am glad I am not the only one who opted not to use Infinity. In place of Infinity, I would use Norito the Moral Leader. It cannot negate monster effects, but it is more reliable than Raptor's Gust.

After seeing your decklist, I can only offer a few suggestions.

-2 Skull Eagle
-1 Necro Vulture
-1 Raptor's Ultimate Mace
-1 Revolution Force
-1 Force Strix
-1 Devil Eagle
-1 No. 103

+1 Singing Lanius
+1 Last Strix
+1/2 Rank 8 Xyz Monsters
+1 Norito (since you are not running Infinity)
+1 CXyz Simon the Moral Leader (Great card to counter Infinity (if already baited), No. 101, and other popular monsters)
+1 Double Death Force (gives easier access to Rank 8+, though it is somewhat slow.)
+1/2 Xyz Reborn (I know it is slow, but it can be invaluable in this deck.)

None of the cards you're suggesting help the problems I am having.

The deck itself is very reliant early on having Vanishing Lanius's effect work, with newer cards being released like Great Horn of Heaven and Solemn Notice,
I'm looking for some options whilst still keeping to the archtype. At the moment, I'm heavily considering cards like Soul Charge / Monster Reborn.

A 3rd copy of Singing Lanius will prove ineffective, I've tried running two for a while but it just didn't work out.
The barrier for entry to get the combos running is any RR besides Last Strix, then Fuzzy Lanius. Or Vanishing Lanius + 1.
(There is some screwing around with Raidraptor - Call which also counts now, but above are the two plays that make sense.)
If my opponent has something like Vanity's Emptiness / El Shaddoll Midrash / Nekroz of Unicore / Archlord Kristya / Breakthrough Skill / Fiendish Chain / Solemn (Any) / Black Horn of Heaven then I'm kinda just screwed.
I need to find a way over or around those barriers of entry...

Last Strix is somewhat dead if I don't have a RUM in hand, considering your suggestion to remove Ultimate Mace, Necro Vulture and 103.. a search, a recovery and a draw.. I don't know how I'd get them.
The other downside to Last Strix is not being able to do battle damage for the rest of that turn. That freakin hurts...
Norito could prove useful, least in theory. Its effect would be a one time deal however.
CXyz Simon, would only be summonable through Death Double Force, which being honest is just a bad card. Far too situational.
I will be using Xyz Reborn for a while though, that's proved useful.

--

I love the Raid Raptors and while I love Skull/Devil Eagle its not that great to be honest. It does punish special summons while getting even more plus you already have, its really best for late game if that makes sense. It can help get out some Rank 4/5s via RUM but even then Mimicry does that better. I'd recommend dropping it to be honest unless you're going for a more fun build. I'm also on the fence about Necro Vulture right now. It has a good effect that helps you get some RUM from grave but you need to use it or you get nothing. Good for Soul Shave Force but otherwise its just kind of there.

As for an extra deck suggestion Cyber Dragon Infinity which you can get via SSF and DDF. Its GG from there. Yuuri has pretty much the best suggestions here.

It'd be useful if you read my post. Screw Infinity.

Due to a steady hatred of cheap tactics and a bunch of peer pressure from mates, I've avoided the use of Cyber Dragon Infinity.
Although the card undoubtedly has its own benefits, it just doesn't suit the theme of the archtype.

RR - Skull Eagle, whilst not great.. if I open with it, Call and Revolution Force in hand.. that's a first turn Force Strix with bait for Soul Shave Force later on.
Necro Vulture I'm on the fence about.. it's alright as a 1 off, if you use it's effect you pretty much have to summon that turn. I'm thinking about picking up a 3rd Impale Lanius instead.

Mystic TimeKeeper
27th October 2015, 01:04 PM
So, don't know how Gust works for you but I always end up dropping it. I suggest trying some CoTH or clone since it can help if Vanishing gets negated and Revolution can kill stuff even without materials, I would cut 1 Revolution, with Necro and Raid you can recycle them enough and I say yes to Monster Reborn.

Since you're on the OCG side of life you should try Lavalval Chain since it makes Necro a pseudo Rank-Up searcher.

http://i.imgur.com/8F0diF6.png Leaving this here since my list is a lot different than yours, it's my old Raptor before Wing Raiders (since YGOpro hasn't the cards yet and I can't make Dev work I still haven't updated the thing) a testament to the fact you can't hate pendulums enough.

WeekendWarrior
27th October 2015, 09:46 PM
I really like the idea of Shuffle Reborn at the moment.

Mystic TimeKeeper
27th October 2015, 10:01 PM
Shuffle Reborn is mainly for cool factor and because Reborn isn't aviable in TCG and I preferred a Spell card to resurrect things, it has some niche use by trying the extra draw, I usually use it to recycle Xyz monsters, for example I summon Emeral, use the effect then send it back with Shuffle Reborn to save him for another time, since I play a lot of traps there are good chances I can set what I draw.

About the problem list, Midrash and Unicore (and Vanity in certain situations) can both be solved by Impale Lanius (I love that card), for Shaddoll backrow is a concern though and for Necloth you need Swallow's Nest to secure the kill (If they have only 1 Valkyrus in hand, you can summon Impale, switch Unicore in Defense, attack with Impale and chain Swallow's to Valkyrus, since he loses the target you can continue the Battle Phase, kill Unicore, send a RR to the grave AND add a Quick-play Rank-Up, and probably you will be able to get a Strix too on the field), Kristya is annoying, I can just suggest Karma Cut if you actually run into that thing, thanks to Fuzzy I don't suffer the discard from those Divine Wrath I main, for the rest I can only suggest to main another Icarus and maybe a Galaxy Cyclone if you have it, or 2 of the Typhoon family with 2 Icarus, or even Trap Stun but I wouldn't use that.

As an overall feeling I think you should put more defense since RR for my experience are really poor at that, but with proper deck-thinning you should be able to access your backrow soon enough.

Yuuri
27th October 2015, 11:49 PM
Last Strix is somewhat dead if I don't have a RUM in hand, considering your suggestion to remove Ultimate Mace, Necro Vulture and 103.. a search, a recovery and a draw.. I don't know how I'd get them.
The other downside to Last Strix is not being able to do battle damage for the rest of that turn. That freakin hurts...
Norito could prove useful, least in theory. Its effect would be a one time deal however.
CXyz Simon, would only be summonable through Death Double Force, which being honest is just a bad card. Far too situational.
I will be using Xyz Reborn for a while though, that's proved useful.

I can sympathize with you about Last Strix's restriction and DDF being slow. Last Strix is only useful if the player has a Raid Force/Revolution Force in their hand during upon activating Last Strix's effect, and DDF is more restricted than Raptor's Force. However, I personally run DDF at one for the versatility and the fact it is searchable.

I find Norito doing a pretty decent job most of the time. Though, I can agree that having a one-shot effect can be a problem. As for CXyz Simon, I see not a reason to omit it. It is easily accessible with SSF and Blaze Flacon in the graveyard. Plus, it is immune to problem monsters and potentially an out to them. Though, you may not have the Extra Deck space.

Additionally, I can see why you want to run the Rank 3 mini-engine, but in my opinion, it is impractical and wastes valuable deck space. If Devil Eagle/Skull Eagle were removed, cards such as Twin Twister, Fiendish Chain, Bottomless Trap Hole, could be added. I doubt the aforementioned cards will be considered, since you are wanting to keep it as a "pure" deck, but they could provide more defense. Other than what I already suggested, I cannot think of any other suggestions. This may change as I continue to experiment with the deck, myself.

Someone noticed me! /teleports back to Academia.

TheRamenNoodle
29th October 2015, 01:01 AM
As the others stated, get rid of the Rank 3 stuff. It just doesn't add much to the deck.

Thanako
29th October 2015, 03:10 AM
Do you know what you should try? Evolzar Solda. Has been my secret tech, and puts in a lot more work than you would think. Might be worth a try?

WeekendWarrior
3rd November 2015, 11:24 PM
Woo for being closer to Konami's plans on how an archtype should be played than anyone else!

http://ygorganization.com/buyrankupraidraptors/

JoJoToast
4th November 2015, 03:16 AM
None of the cards you're suggesting help the problems I am having. :(

Also, Raigeki is TCG. Not OCG.

Why is allure limited on your decklist but dark hole is limited as well :confused:

As for CDI, sure you can put it in, but its a late game card and i never saw any play with it tbh. Anyone who thinks CDI = gg Please leave Yu-Gi-Oh :D

WeekendWarrior
4th November 2015, 08:26 AM
Took the extra pic later on, probably forgot to switch the setting between TCG/OCG on the deck editor at the time.

Updated list -
http://i.imgur.com/TXUqDcE.png

Jolan
4th November 2015, 12:58 PM
I would run breakthrough over Fiendish. A single Winda drop can lock you hard, and generally you want to negate a lot of monsters to make sure your effects go through, or your normal summon.

Also with an abundance of RUM cards, I would probably drop a last strix and opt for another Summoner Monk. It should increase your rank 4 reliability.

Mystic TimeKeeper
4th November 2015, 01:15 PM
I would run breakthrough over Fiendish. A single Winda drop can lock you hard, and generally you want to negate a lot of monsters to make sure your effects go through, or your normal summon.

Also with an abundance of RUM cards, I would probably drop a last strix and opt for another Summoner Monk. It should increase your rank 4 reliability.

Honestly, since I tend to always keep a Impale around I never had any problems with Winda so Fiendish is fine, but I would suggest Divine Wrath over Fiendish since it can kill things more reliably by being a countertrap and Fuzzy is a free discard (of course, if Soul Shave LP cost is not an issue Notice is better if you play online/have the means to get it).

Also, Monk makes the Rank 4 but with all the Rank-Ups Strix makes the Falcon directly so both choices are fine.

By the way, I personally find 3 Call too much.

WeekendWarrior
5th November 2015, 04:06 AM
Fiendish Chain has the added benefit over Breakthrough Skill of being able to stop an attack, this usually allows me to last another turn without having to use up one of my precious archtype-only Waboku's.
When it comes to Raidraptor - Call, 3 may indeed be too much however I still really want to see it earlier on. Considering it isn't a quickplay it has a couple cons compared to the adaptability of Swallow's Nest.
I might drop it to 2 for a while.

Elsewhere I'm really not liking Shock Master, looking at a 2nd Revolution Falcon instead.

WeekendWarrior
6th November 2015, 02:56 AM
For various reasons, I've made a TCG version of the deck. Without cards like Monster Reborn and reducing RR - Call down to 2, I'm experimenting with 2 Last Strix and a copy of One for One.
Still heavily feeling the decks weakness to traps.. considering running 3 copies of Royal Decree but I'd honestly prefer not to.

http://i.imgur.com/Mkug174.png

Mystic TimeKeeper
6th November 2015, 09:31 AM
I say up the Impale, I strongly suggest at least 2, One for One seems a bit of a waste but if it works for you go ahead.

I tend to not play Monk since I tend to need all the spells I draw, If you need an extra summon but the search from deck is optional Juragedo works fine, but this too is a matter of preferences. By the way, rather than book I'd play the 3rd Icarus or a Twin Twister.

Jolan
6th November 2015, 11:07 AM
I would also suggest more Sharp over Tribute. Sharp is a stable recovery of graveyard RR outside of Nest, whereas Tribute only searches Quick-play RUMs, which doesn't help given all the new RUMs aren't quick-play. It's not a huge priority, at least. Also switching things to defense lets your main RR cards run over a lot of things, which I tend to find more helpful than not.

Norleras
6th November 2015, 04:40 PM
For various reasons, I've made a TCG version of the deck. Without cards like Monster Reborn and reducing RR - Call down to 2, I'm experimenting with 2 Last Strix and a copy of One for One.
Still heavily feeling the decks weakness to traps.. considering running 3 copies of Royal Decree but I'd honestly prefer not to.

http://i.imgur.com/Mkug174.png

Instead of Royal Decree why not MST?
You can take out Monk, BoM, 1 Call or RUM - Raptorīs Force

WeekendWarrior
7th November 2015, 10:30 AM
Tribute Lanius sets up plays, loading Mimicry into the grave giving me access to EVERY Raidraptor card still in my deck.
On the other hand I agree that 1 Sharp just isn't enough, Sharp does indeed get me out of sticky situations.. think I'll be cutting Book of Moon for it.

--

Why would I want to remove Monk, ever?
I'm pretty sure now that 2 Call is the right amount and Raptor's Force is just nice as a surprise factor.
Pretty sure I've been over this before but Raptor's Force when compared with Death Double Force is just so much more flexible.

If anything, I'd cut Soul Shave back to 1 or Raid Force.

Mystic TimeKeeper
7th November 2015, 02:07 PM
Why would I want to remove Monk, ever?
I'm pretty sure now that 2 Call is the right amount and Raptor's Force is just nice as a surprise factor.
Pretty sure I've been over this before but Raptor's Force when compared with Death Double Force is just so much more flexible.

If anything, I'd cut Soul Shave back to 1 or Raid Force.

I agree on the Raptor's Force, I favour that one too, I would keep 1 Raid because recycling is always good.

About Monk, I agree that it is good, but it never performed well for me so I ended up cutting him out, based on that I was throwing other options that could somewhat work if you were ever unsatisfied by the guy. Regardless of Monk, Juragedo has the nice things of being able to be summoned everytime as long as you have a battle phase aviable, works late game and lets Tribute and Sharp do their work a lot better, so it might be worth testing.